Reviews of Broadway Inn 2 stars

1210 Broadway Avenue, Yankton, SD 57078, USA

#5 of 6 hotels in Yankton

5.9

Next time, I will spend the extra money. You get what you paid for—lesson learned!
    • Queen Room

The mattress was horrible! I have NEVER slept on a mattress that bad in my life! The mattress should be replaced immediately. Not only did it sag, every time you moved at all, it squeaked rather loudly. I didn’t get any sleep. The room smelled musty. When I went to adjust the shade, the whole shade fell down. It was also incredibly noisy. I felt like I was sleeping on the shoulder of a very busy highway.

The price was reasonable. It was also located close to lots of eating places.

The location is great for what I visit Yankton for on a...
    • Queen Room

There was a crack in the ceiling of my room from water damage. They had construction people working on top of the building I was in. There is mold by the door and air conditioning unit. I stayed in a different room my first stay with no issues. I wish they wouldn't have rented the room out in the building I was in this time. It was not in suitable condition and if the ceiling would have fell through, then it was right by the bed and could have caused injury...not to mention huge liability on their part. I let the front desk know the next morning and they said they already knew about it and it's been there awhile?! It will get fixed with the roof they are working on. I will not be returning. There is no excuse for renting a room out in those conditions.

The location is great for what I visit Yankton for on a monthly basis.

For a quick one nighter ok.
    • Queen Room

Too noisy being on the main drag. Had trouble sleeping because of the noise.

For a hotel and a one nighter it was ok. The bed did slant so we slept with our heads at the foot and then it was fine. Staff was great!

Could have been a better price, was ok for a place to sleep...

The tv cord could NOT reach the plug, so no t.v. (I could have asked to have that fixed, but I didn't) The room was not worth the $79, I think it should have been more like a Budget Inn, at $59. Overall it was ok for a place to sleep. There is a smell of cows and cow excrement when you come out the door of this hotel, there must be cows nearby... the tv could not plug in. I spent the next night in Iowa at a Budget Inn for $54.95 that was much more amenable.

The only good thing about the hotel is that it is in the heart of the business district, and very close to the Yankton Federal Prison Camp, if you are going to visit someone there. There is a fridge and microwave in room. Otherwise it is an ok room, it is clean and no bugs. The staff was nice though, and go out of their way to help you.

Based on this "clean" room, I did not stay for the night. Who knows what else I might have found.

The room. Showing what they called a "clean" room that they were going to rent me for the night stay, someone had used the room toilet and not flushed it. There was still excrement and urine in the toilet.

It was not great
    • Family Suite

The room we booked was not available. We booked family room since we were traveling with our kids. When we went to check in we were told our room had the ceiling collapse. They said it had been leaking for a long time and finally just caved in. Obviously the property is not well taken care of. They gave us 2 separate rooms so I had to sleep apart from my fiancé. One of the rooms had not been clean d well. There was a broken cigarette on the floor between the wall and the mini fridge. The breakfast bar was a joke. We were 2 adults and 5 kids and there was not even enough food in there to feed us all.

Old outdated.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Old outdated. Tiles didn't match up and were cheap. Windows were filthy couldn't see out them. Could see daylight about 1/2 " below the door. Breakfast room smelled so moldy and musty couldn't even stand to be in the room - ate elsewhere.

i wanted my money back

everything

nothing, they had a breakfast advertised as waffles , none,eggs yup in a shell , toast well the bread was in the fridge crumled up and the toaster didnt work and milk was in a carton that people share and it was sour , the orange juice dispenser wasnt on to keep it cool and churn it and it to stunk, we was there but 2 pm and couldnt check in cuz they was not done cleaning , had to leave , came back at 3 pm had to wait til they came around the office so i could get the key , open the door to the room and it was pine-sol smell , very bad , had to leave the door open and it was cold and snowing , then the fridge froze all our stuff , bathroom was filthy , broken chair sitting on the floor , a drunk guy sleeping in the breakfast room , it was a horrible place to be !!!!!!!!

Location and price

Stayed here prior and had a nice room, this last visit our room smelled no shower head on shower water sprayed everywhere. Heat was controlled. Not good when you have an infant.

Location and price

NOT HAPPY
    • Queen Room

Bed was old and lumpy - not comfortable at all - we both woke up with backaches - did not sleep well. Room had funny smell - when we entered. kindof like bad air freshener. At check in owner seemed worried about pets and smoking in a non smoking room - had me sign a paper saying if it smelled like smoke or pets they would bill $125.00. They had a butt can just outside the low mounted heater/air conditioner. if anyone threw a butt in it the h/a would draw that smell into the room - same if a pet use the container for a restroom - THAT WAS THEIR PROBLEM, NOT THEIR GUEST. REMOVE ASHCAN from non smoking area and/or completely away from the H/a so it cannot draw smoke and smells in from outside.

We enjoyed the stay. Wish we had alloted more time for exploring Yankton.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Only negative was that we didn't have control of thermostat for our room. Also we arrive during local celebration, Rivertown Days. Adjacent restaurant closed early and made eating a bit more difficult. Not the fault of the motel.

Older Mom and Pop motel but it was well maintained. Room had more area that typical. Breakfast was typical for motels with hot breakfast.

We will never stay their again.

The bed and room smelled awful. I had to clean the bathroom. After I cleaned the bathroom it unveiled the real smell! What ever they cleaned the bathroom with made my eyes and nose burn.

The bed was comfortable.

Would never return to this motel
    • Queen Room

See above. Also, general feeling about motel was they were trying to cut corners on everything (minimum amount of towels, no toiletries). The "breakfast" was so minimal, we limited it to juice and coffee. Also, no plug in sink.

Facility was average to below average. We could not control the temp--it was set at 70, and we were freezing until we got under the covers. Bed made loud noises even with slight movements.

Decent but some issues
    • Queen Room

Bed and pillows were awful. Like sleeping on rags stuffed in bags. Sink hot water tap emitted a high pitched squeal unless it was opened enough to let water flow. Tv remote needed to be programmed to work but no mention of it in the documents in the room, and the remote was faded making the buttons nearly impossible to read. Inn is situated on a busy 4 lane road so noise was continuous.

Staff were friendly and responsive. Room dated but clean, and towels seemed new.

A neat older property built during the heyday of driving Hwy...

The AC was centralized which threw us for a loop as our room was roasting when we first checked in. But after a few hours of having the vents open it was perfect for the rest of our stay. The property must have long term renters/ boarders, some of whom looked a little shady, but again all was fine. We didn't feel unsafe.

A neat older property built during the heyday of driving Hwy 81 before the interstate system. We could easily picture families smoking and watching children swimming in the (now closed) pool, and parking their huge Buicks and Chevrolets right outside their room door. Our room was clean, cool and quiet.

The bed was dipped in the middle, the bathroom floor was so...

The bed was dipped in the middle, the bathroom floor was so sticky my shoes stuck to it, and the blankets weren't clean. The neighborhood was ok but others staying at the motel made me very uncomfortable watching me. At 2:00 a.m. the people the door, several of them, were extremely loud and kept us awake until 3:30 a.m., being louder than the thunderstorm. We didn't get much sleep and were uncomfortable the whole time we were there.

DUMP!!!
    • Queen Room

room smelled of bug spray and could not breathe without airing it out first and all the furniture in the room was damp/wet. no coffee pot in the room and dead bug all over the room.

Great location friendly staff

A coffee pot in the room

The location is what I liked the best can't speak of coffee or breakfast because I bring my coffee pot don't like leaving the room just for coffee

If I could have found another room in town I would have left .
    • Queen Room

The ceiling fan didn't work. The vent was kicked in the shower floor tiles were coming up and ruff on your feet.the drain didn't drain. The wall under the sink was bubbling and flaking paint. Room 19.

The bed was shot. I will never stay again!

NEVER EVER AGAIN!!

The room and hotel overall is very outdated, the bed was very uncomfortable, it was so noisy I thought I was trying to sleep out on the street and the room reeked of fuel like trying to sleep at an extremely noisy truck stop. $80 a night?!?!?!? It wasn't worth half that.

The ONLY redeeming factor about this place is that it was clean.

I would not recommend or ever stay here again.

The price for the room was twice what I should have paid. If I new that other patrons were going to party till beyond 1AM, using profane language and being loud with no one to complain to because there was no staff after 11PM. I drove 950 miles to have 3-6 people disturb me just outside my window. I could have called the police but that could have caused more problems for me. I do not know why you are even involved in this property.

I did not like anything about this property.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Scuzzy!!!

Worst place ever!

Should not have a 3.3 for rating more like a 0. I should have spent the extra 50 for a better nights comfort. It smelled, was filthy heat didn't work. Had I known I was booking a hotel room for scuzz buckets and lowlife peasants I would have slept in my car.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Probably wouldn't bring my wife here but would use it again for another business trip.

Missed having real shampoo and conditioner. Missed a hair drier. Didn't need it but noticed the absence of an iron and ironing board.

The cleanliness and adherence to no smoking.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

the old inn was clean and well kept but the beds noise

The only thing that we did not like was the beds made a lot of noise it sounded like the mattress was wrapped in some kind of plastic or something that made a loud crackle sound every little move you made and we are both restless sleepers and hope they fix this !

The broadway inn is a older facility that was clean and you can see that they have been taken care of it by painting and repairs and making it look nice !

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very outdated room -
    • Queen Room

Bed sheets were stained. Old coverlet. Could not figure out heater. Bugs in bathroom Shower and floor and wall under sink were awful. Dusty along floor boards. Bath towels seemed a bit discolored and mismatched.

bed was okay walls looked freshly painted in bedroom but not bathroom or closet

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Beyond bad - don't stay here.

Everything else. Bed was hard as a rock. My non-pet room smelled of urine so much so that I bought a bottle of Febreeze and used half of it to cover up the smell. Carpet needs cleaned or replaced. No bedside lamps or lighting other than overhead light. TV mounted on wall above sofa. No security lock on door that opened to outside. Questionable clientele hanging around the property making it hard to feel safe. Coffee was terrible. I skipped the cold and skimpy breakfast in favor of fast food. Control knobs in shower were backwards so I almost ended up taking a cold shower. Sink stopper was missing. Wasn't worth $10 per night let alone the inflated price I paid. Don't stay here unless you are a Spanish/foreign speaking construction worker- that is the only way you will be comfortable here. I have already made my reservation for my next visit at another property. I'd sleep in my car before I'd stay here again. I won't be back.

Desk clerk at check in was very friendly and helpful.

More selection for breakfast

Nice. Easy to get to.

Staff of motel was very nice and helpful

Our trip to the piZZA RANCH restaurant was not so hot. Food was good but service was poor.

Staff of motel was very nice and helpful

Close to the softball game.
    • Queen Room

Close to the softball game.

One night stay

Small room and bathroom. Doors didn't seem secure at night.

Clean room, and friendly staff.

It was great but do need coffee pots in rooms it was awesome besides that

They need to have coffee pots in the rooms

No eggs lol the bed was great

Overall OK.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was not there by the time we left. Like nothing!

Comfortable.

Outside appearance little run down

There was music or something playing outside during the...
    • Queen Room

There was music or something playing outside during the night that should have been turned off.

GREAT
    • Queen Room

would of liked a stand on both sides of the bed

cleanliness of the room & very friendly service

shower head, little hot water

shower head, little hot water

very good

no shampoo

The location was great and the property was clean.
    • Queen Room

The location was great and the property was clean. We enjoyed the outside seating and canopy as well!

Not good

Ceiling was falling in - facility was stinky- sheets appeared to have been slept in when we pulled the blankets back

It was adequate, but would have liked better quality furniture and greater variety breakfast.

road noise chairs could not be used

Location for our visit was excellent

OK for a nights stay.
    • Queen Room

Bed was not as comfortable as we had hoped.

Clean and staff was friendly.

Easy to find right on our way through.

Room smelt like cleaning products.

Great lighting

I love staying here. Thanks for everything. Back next year.

Enjoyed it all. Thanks

Excellent service. Clean room, quaintly furnished.

I've had much better for the money.

Lack of amenities for the price, very poor breakfast.

The place was clean, but severely dated.

Raised the price of the room after booked it.
    • Queen Room

Raised the price of the room after booked it.

Good
    • Queen Room

Bed sheets could do with being replaced

Good size room Good facilities in room

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

motel

The breakfast was terrible. Little bit noisy during the day.

The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Its was quiet at night.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Felt like a flop house
    • Queen Room

All of it could be better

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

It only good for students
    • Queen Room

Better pillows, cleaned bed sheets and clean good condition microwave.

It only good for students

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Clean & Friendly. Good value.

No protein...

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Warm, relaxing and comfortable stay.

Nothing, all was good.

Quiet. Fast, easy check in and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

I think it used to be a decent motel in 1952 .

Old dump!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Nice staff, good value.
    • Queen Room

Clean, well priced, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Ok for the money
    • Queen Room

WiFi could not conect TV was fuzzy. Breakfast was not as it was. In the book in room. Strong cleaner smell,

The bed was very comtfortable

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Good value.

Motel a little old but not too bad.

Big arm chair. Nice bed sheets. Luigi's Italian next door.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Clean rooms, friendly staff, reasonable rates.
    • Queen Room

Clean rooms, friendly staff, reasonable rates. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Wonderful staff
    • Queen Room

Great staff. Very helpful in making me feel welcome. Will always stay here when I visit SD.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Great breakfast items

Great breakfast items

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Family owned, old style insted of slick, quite clean,...

Lights that didn't work, internet that was slow, breakfast items past their prime, lack of tv listings guide, price that was midrange for lowrange offerings. I like non chain independents and have stayed here 3 times. It's not awful, and I would be satisfied were it 35 or 40, but not so much at 55.

Family owned, old style insted of slick, quite clean, amenities offered, fridge and microwave, lowest price in town though not by a large margin.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

breakfast area smelled worse than our room, ate else where.

Room smelled very musty, chair back broken, entrance door did not shut securely. The door strike plate was improperly installed, door had quarter inch of light showing, door had been force opened before, the jam was split. The dead bolt had no strike plate. Right next to main drag.

breakfast area smelled worse than our room, ate else where.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

Close proximity to evetythong.

My little dog had to stay in the car even though we had a crate for him. Easter Sunday brought a blizzard system that freaked him out and froze his little hiney off Have stayed at La Quinta in Sioux Falls with my dog and they never had a problem with him sleeping in his crate. Whereas the staff here were rude and said that we would have to stay in a smoking room to have the pup inside with us.

Close proximity to evetythong... within walking distance to shops and food. Were grateful for nonsmoking rooms. A little more interior upgrading and new linens would elevate this establishment.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

The friendliness and cooperation of the staff at the front...

Had to change the room two tines due to a leaking ceiling. All three rooms smelled of cigarette smoke. I would have liked to been able to change the thermostat temperature. There was a hair on one of the towels BEFORE it was used. The bathroom door handle did not work properly.

The friendliness and cooperation of the staff at the front desk was great!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

The room (15) had been updated a short time ago.

Noisy street sounds outside. Bring your earplugs! We didn't stay for "breakfast" so I can't comment.

The room (15) had been updated a short time ago. Carpet new,walls clean. There was a small fridge and microwave. Nice recliner and very nice mattress. Clerk was all business, efficient. When they say pet friendly, they mean dogs only. Very close to liquor store and laundry mat. I'd definitely stay again, paid less than $70.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Room was very clean and staff checked me in after hours...

Room was very clean and staff checked me in after hours which was nice. Bed was a little to soft but nice. Only wish each room had individual detemp controls.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

The lady at the check in was very pleasant.

This would get a less than 2 in my book if I could do that. Checked in late... Tired... Had read reviews saying the motel was clean... Not my idea of clean! Shower had no light, used wash cloth hanging from shower rack. Bare floors appeared to have been cleaned but the carpet needed lots of work. Only one light bulb in the ceiling light, fixture full of bugs. Cops had to break up a drinking party in the area outside of my room about 2:30 am. Linen was stained with what looked like a trial wash of lipstick, or something. Pillows appeared to have been laid on after the bed was made... Room temp pre-set, so not comfortable through night, and no way to control. I would have gotten out of there, if I had not been so very late, and no where else to go! Plus by the time I noted all of the issues, the office was closed. Slept in my clothes... On top of sheet,

The lady at the check in was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Friendly, friendly staff and people in Yankton.

Sad that the pool was under construction, because it was hot and that would have felt very good

Friendly, friendly staff and people in Yankton. Love the location. I think it's great that the owners of the motel care enough to do some remodeling. I know it costs money, but some motels do NOTHING to improve their facilities. GREAT PEOPLE at BROADWAY INN!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

The price and location

The tv is on the same wall as the beds so can't watch tv in bed. The motel needs updating....walls had several different colors of paint. No temp control.

The price and location

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

Three of the rooms were very good.

One room we had appeared to be a converted apartment with three beds in two rooms and sitting room. It was just awkward in practice, the heat was set too low, and the beds were not as good as the others.

Three of the rooms were very good. My king size bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the shower had good water pressure.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Better continental breakfast, very little selection.

Better continental breakfast, very little selection.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Very cute and eclectic Furnishings not cookie-cutter love...

Very cute and eclectic Furnishings not cookie-cutter love the different art

• Reviewed: 23 March 2016

Everything just perfect no complaints her.

Everything just perfect no complaints her.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Breakfast was awesome

The appliances were older

Breakfast was awesome

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

It was 3 min from where i was going

Carpet was not vacumed room had a funky oder

It was 3 min from where i was going

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

The retro atmosphere

The retro atmosphere

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

What they had for breakfast was a joke.

What they had for breakfast was a joke. There definitely need to more of a selection there. The price was a little high for what was there.

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.