Reviews of Bryant Park Hotel 4 stars

40 West 40th Street, New York, NY 10018, USA

#9 of 415 hotels in New York

9.8

• Superior Queen Room

This was the second time for us in the hotel. The staff are extremely friendly, great location, comfy bed, huge bath, amazing view and more. I can just recommend, perfect hotel for family. Definitely want to go back again. No disappointment.

• Superior Queen Room

The only thing we had an issue with were the bathroom fittings. It was difficult to get the water temperature to stay consistent . The handles also felt loose. This was true in the shower, sink and bathtub. We didn’t mention this until checkout, so it’s possible they would have addressed it as they did our other needs.

The staff could not have been better. We had a few needs such as a steamer and ice. Both were delivered quickly and with a courteous smile and set up.

• Superior Queen Room

Nothing, it was nearly perfect.

We had breakfast at the Bryant Park restaurant (Koi) and the staff, particularly Calvin are exceptional. We have been to this restaurant maybe 10-12 times in our past four visits and it is always excellent.

• Bryant Park Suite

Decor left much to be desired; felt very dated and chintzy. No art or anything hanging on the walls, which made it seem colder. There was no overhead lighting; only a couple of floor lamps. Room could also do with some black-out shades.

Bed was super comfy and the bathroom was luxurious -- the shower was heavenly and the products were excellent. Cityscape views were incredible. Staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Room

We absolutely loved our stay at the Bryant Park, the location was amazing along with the staff. One impressive thing to note, the showers were the best either my or my wife had ever experienced!

The bedlinen is super soft, luxurious. I stayed in a junior suite overlooking Bryant Park.The bathroom with bath and shower is very spacious. Room service twice daily tidying up makes you feel looked after.The photos do not do the room justice , the high ceilings make the rooms very airy and relaxing after the busyness of NY. The location is fantastic, walked to most places up to Guggenheim, down to Brooklyn bridge. Thank you.

The gym was too small.

The location is perfect, the concierge was very helpful, the frontdesk was very nice and it was one of tje cleanest hotels I have used in NYC!

• Superior Queen Room

Seating in the room is not comfortable and the lighting is very poor

Rooms are very clean, comfortable bed with crisp linens. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Great restaurant on premises. Excellent location.

• Deluxe Room

Probably one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in NYC, great amenities in the room. Staff was forthcoming and very friendly, I was able to switch room upon request. The location is perfect for a NYC visit. Excellent all over.

• Deluxe Room with Park View

They need to wash the exterior windows.

Great location and 4 coffee shops on the same block. La Pain is a great place for breakfast! Bryant Park is very relaxing - like a mini-Central-Park!

• Bryant Park Suite

Still the best hotel in New York City for a variety of reasons. Proximity to hotspots in New York yet still a fine view out of the hotel. Staff always friendly. Wifi better than expected.

This is a wonderful hotel. We live in Connecticut so we rarely stay in the city but when we go in for a Broadway show we tend to stay over. The fact that this hotel allows you to book one night on a weekend is a big plus. Many require a two night stay. The staff was very welcoming and eager to please. We booked a junior suite to have a little extra room as NYC hotel rooms tend to be small. The room was very large with a separate sitting area. Wood floor, which I love, and a huge bathroom with a walk-in shower AND a bathtub! An added bonus was a balcony overlooking Bryant Park, which was in full bloom, and at night, a view of the city to die for. The hotel is in a great location. We walked from Grand Central, walked to the theatre and walked to restaurants. We only took one taxi! Stay at this hotel! You won't regret it!

The room service food clearly goes from freezer to microwave, which explains the most disappointing late dinner and breakfast. As long as you know not to order room service, everything is perfect!

Amazing location and great nice clean rooms and bathrooms make this hotel a great home away from home. Good consistent customer service during both my stays.

• Deluxe Room with Park View

Amazing front desk staff who helped managing the reservation for a member of the team who had a last-minute emergency. We may not be their biggest corporate clients but we'll surely be faithful ones! Rates were very competitive on our dates, too, although your mileage may vary.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel is spectacular, the rooms are unbelievable with soaking tub and hardwood floors, turn down service.....the staff upgraded us to a Parkview which was absolutely amazing and much appreciated since we were celebrating my daughter’s 21st birthday. We were allowed an early check-in, which was not expected and very appreciated!!! This is now my absolute favorite place to stay

• Deluxe Room

Had a deluxe queen: Spacious room, huge bathroom (including an actual tub), clean, well equipped. Friendly staff, excellent housekeeping. Excellent location.

• Deluxe Room with Park View

All the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The restaurant on site. KOI was full, but the concierge was able to get us in, which was greatly appreciated.

• Superior Queen Room

Doesn't relate to the hotel in any way, simply NYC....there is an underlying level of noise that is a constant. I'd recommend earplugs if you're a light sleeper

I asked for a quiet room and after the first night asked to change which the hotel did immediately. My daughter was ill during our trip and the hotel were superb in assisting, Nicole in particular

• Superior Queen Room

We arrived at this hotel on Saturday. Guests in next room had an all-night party and it was disturbing.

Great location. Reception staff were very attentive and professional. Comfy bed and well equipped bathroom with Molton Brown amenities.

• Superior Queen Room

No breakfast We had issues with the room they gave us. We asked close room since we are with small kids and the room were far away from each other. They fixed it immediately by upgrading one of the rooms with no additional cost

We had a great time in the hotel. Very good location.

• Superior Queen Room

Super location, super people here (not staff, they are PEOPLE), special mention to Nicole who put on a lovely surprise for my wife's birthday plus she amended our booking as our flight into JFK was cancelled due to snow which meant we arrived a day late. Come check-out time they extended it to 2 pm without question, true customer service.

Breakfast not included, and expensive. Concierge services were also a bit let down: the tickets bought through there were double the price... So look somewhere else.

We stayed only 2 days in NYC so wanted a suite. Location is just perfect and you have eg. wholefoods and prettamagner next door. We were happy with the spacious room which had shower and big bathtub + molton brown shampoos. Luxury! Room was modern and new with view to the park. Really well equipped minibar with adapters etc.

• Superior Queen Room

The service at the hotel was hospitable and accommodating in every single way, and the hotel and rooms were modern and immaculate. Was a perfect place for my first anniversary.

• Deluxe Room

The room looked a little tired like it needed a lick of paint. There were no tea and coffee facilities but the front desk provided them once asked. Breakfast looked too expensive so we went out but it would have been nice to eat in the hotel one of the times.

space in the room was lovely. The bar was fully stocked although we didn't use it but others may like that facility. TV's were good. Bed was lovely and comfortable and we slept really well. Bathroom was spacious and lovely to have a bath and shower to choose from. Reception staff were very responsive, pleasant and helpful, Thank you!

• Superior Queen Room

You couldn't set the temperature in the room :(. The options on the thermostat where "Warmer", "Warm", "cool", "cooler". I don't think I have ever seen such a thing in a 4 star hotel

The inconsistency of service delivery at front desk. Mostly friendly but there has been one or two personnels that have show slight reluctance to go further until prompt. Room wasn't entirely sound proof as you can still hear the traffic from outside even as all curtains and blinds are shut.

Location and room size. Staff at door, security and laundry services are friendly and obliging.

• Superior Queen Room

The brilliant location; the spacious modern room with wood (not carpetted) floors, the extra big bright bathroom, the wonderful Molton Brown bath amenities.Best in-room feature - the 4 seater coffee/dining table that we hung out at whenever we were in the room.

• Deluxe Room with Park View

Bed was small, not exceptionally comfortable. Bathroom was bigger than sleeping area. Received parking summons upon arriving at property.

• Deluxe Room

The bed was somewhat small for two, not a king or queen. Also, I always prefer to have coffee and tea available in the room or lobby.

Housekeeping was excellent; the room was spotless. Staff was extremely helpful. The location was close to the theater district, shopping, and Central Park.

• Superior Queen Room

My wife & I come to NY every year for our anniversary-----once again we stayed at Bryant Park. The people are great (staff) , location is quiet but awesome and it is close to everything. WE SIMPLY LOVE YOUR HOTEL !!!!

• Deluxe Room with Park View

The Molten Brown items in the bathroom are really lovely! This was a birthday trip for my husband and the staff brought up to our room a lovely little cake and a helium balloon on our arrival - those little thoughts count a lot towards how you would remember the overall stay.

• Superior Queen Room

This was the first time I had a room that combined the shower and tub. It's slow to drain so that wasn't my favorite experience. The doorman can get busy at times but most are generally helpful.

The hotel manager, Brian, and staff were extremely accomodating. I missed my flight due to the snow storm and they completely refunded my money and were very helpful and understanding. Excellent service. They went above and beyond. I have stayed at the hotel several times. It is one of my favorites.

• Superior Queen Room

The low lighting and dark red and dark wood hall, restaurant and elevator decor made for a rather gloomy vibe.

We appreciated the spaciousness of the room (for NYC) and the bathroom. Staff was very friendly, and the location for theater-going was excellent.

• Deluxe Room

Nothing to say. Everything was outstanding.

Extremely nice staff. After I booked the hotel I got a phone call from them, asking if we have any wish or any question. I was surprised noone called me before. We stayed 11 nights I felt I am a special guest how we have been treated. We even got a little letter after the first night if they can help in any way to make our staying more comfortable. We had an amazing view, nice big bathroom and a really comfy bed. The room has been cleaned twice a day. We spent amazing time here.as we had an evening flight to home, they let us to have a late check out. We are going back in June, I hope we will be able to book this hotel again. I would like to say thank you for them for everything.

• Superior Queen Room

The electrical outlets on two sides of the bed did not work. They were too loose to hold the plugs! Also, it was hard to get the temperature comfortable in the room -- either too cold or too hot and dry. The bathroom was NEVER warm enough. Of course the outside temperature was record-breaking cold, so perhaps this is a ridiculous complaint.

Most impressive thing: after we asked for ice the first day, our housekeeper filled our ice bucket every day without further prompting! Bed was comfy. Shower was great. We did not try the restaurant or bar.

• Superior Queen Room

room was a on small side not really a bed for 2. on a very cold and stormy night we decided to cut our evening out and go back to hotel bar which were told was closed because there were no customers. This kind of cut our night short

Every staff member we encountered were exceptionally attentive, pleasant and helpful

• Superior Queen Room

Room was quiet. Other than the bed, there really wasn't any comfortable chair to sit. Bathroom was dated and complimentary bath robe had a giant hole. Elevators poorly lit. Value for dollar - fair

• Superior Queen Room

Check in was a bit awkward. There was a problem with the printers which delayed things a bit but the gentleman at the desk was great. Also, having a later train the day of checkout I stored my bag. When I arrived to retreave it the attendant had just retrieved another guest’s bags. He then proceeded to have an extensive conversation (easily 10 mins) while I waited. It wasn’t until another staff member happened by and asked if I needed assistance. The original attendant continued with his conversation as I left with no acknowledgment.

The accommodations were excellent. The room was spacious as well as the bathroom. The chocolates on the bed with the slippers waiting were a nice touch. But the BEST was the New Years Day “Recovery Amenity”. What a GREAT surprise! I will return for sure and recommend it to friends.

Nothing Ican think of.

Location was very convenient. They were very attentive. They gave us a ‘welcome to the city’ bag with small gifts (aka magnets...) and a recovery bag for New Year’s day with water and granola bars. That was a nice gesture.

• Deluxe Room with Park View

The only thing that could have made the stay more perfect would have been a popular hotel bar scene. Great hotel and our view was incredible overlooking the skating rink and Christmas village.

The location was perfect. Near everything but not in the immediate chaos of Times Square.

• Superior Queen Room

For me And my wife this hotel was just perfect. Near Broadway street And Times Square .Nice staff If we have to go back in future it Will be at Bryant Park Hotel for sure

The room was immaculate. I had requested an early check-in and champagne glasses in the room and the front desk staff could not have been more accommodating.

• Superior Queen Room

Windows looked out to back of a building... no point even opening the blinds. As it was ugly view.

The location is very convenient, a few blocks each way and you are at the biggest tourist sites in NYC.

• Superior Queen Room

We paid the difference to upgrade our room to a Junior Suite "Sweet Deal" which also included daily in-room continental breakfast. We are really glad we did this upgrade. The room was much larger than our original room would have been and we had a fantastic view of Bryant Park from the 15th floor. Our originally booked room would have been a much smaller queen room without an exterior view of Bryant Park. The in-room continental breakfast was fabulous. Coffee and juice for two along with toasted bagels or fresh muffins and two large plates of fresh fruit. The staff was excellent and the room itself was great, king bed extremely comfortable, and both separate bathtub and shower available in large bathroom. This location is extremely convenient for mid-town Manhattan exploration as well and easily walkable from either Penn Station (us) or Grand Central Terminal via train.

• Deluxe Room with Park View

Would have liked an iron and board in the room.

Loved the hotel. Had a brilliant room overlooking Bryant Park which is beautiful this time of year (December). Icing rink in full swing and wonderful Christmas shops and decorations.

• Deluxe Room

Location, location, location + chic style hot tub Very nice bar at the hotel, everything is in a walk distance. very helpful front desk. Best value for money hotel in the city.

• Bryant Park Suite

On the day of arrival our suite was cold. Asked for help. Technician put to Max warm condition and it didn't do anything. Later on management gave me portable heater. Saturday morning was even worse. We were freezing. All we were looking for is how to run away from hotel. Suite with price $640.00 a night!!! I have been in hotels all over the world. For that price I SHOULD have a palace. Saturday morning management brought us another heater, and an engineer who took off the panel in the wall and fixed the AC so it started bring warm air not cold one. For all our suffering from noon of Friday to Morning of Saturday we got $300 adjustment. I don't think it was enough. Very much disappointed. In the evening it is dark in the room, no enough light. Night time all street noise is in your room. You can hear everything. Windows are not sound proof.

• Superior Queen Room

they first showed me to an absolutely Terrible tiny room for $600 a night! I was shocked and immediately depressed. Felt like I was in a hole in Brooklyn. Then I upgraded and it was amazing overlooking the park.

amazing view only IF you get the right room! If you can afford it definitely upgrade to a suite overlooking the magical park!! :)

• Deluxe Room with Park View

Not much to complain really. Some better soundproofing would be good, you could here noise from the street even on floor 15 (but hey, this is NY) and occasionaly from adjacent rooms.

Fantastic location, spotless rooms, huge bathroom with good quality amenities, strong and fast WIFI signal, TV with ChromeCast support to stream your own content also appreciated. I was lucky to get a corner room with an amazing view of Bryant Park (including Macy's Thanksgiving parade going down 6th Ave, wow!). Turndown service also very thoughtful, it was great coming back to the room to find ice bucket refilled, chocolates and even some relaxing music playing :-)

• Deluxe Room

Staff members were friendly and helpful without fail. Very modern decor with plenty of space in the room, which is so important if you are shopping in NYC! Beautiful and comfortable room. Location very convenient to the subway, shopping, theater district and restaurants.

• Superior Queen Room

The elevator was a bit dark but other than that all was good.

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very attentive- I found a birthday cake waiting for me in my room 😊 Our room was so comfortable- we didn't want to leave! We'll definitely be back the next time we head into the City!

• Superior Queen Room

Breakfast was expensive but of good quality and the portions were big. The lobby and the elevators were a little to dark for my taste but I guess thats what makes it a boutique hotel.

The hotel was very clean and modern. The room was spacious and the bathroom very comfortable. I was on a lower floor so the room was very dark but thats to be expected in New York. It was quiet for New York. The stuff was overly nice and friendly. And Bryant Park in my opinion is the best location in Manhattan. Everything is within walking distance, Times Square, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Central Park... I even walked back from The Guggenheim, took me 45 minutes. We had dinner at Kois Restaurant ones, absolutely recommendable, great food, nice interior and good cocktails.

• Superior Queen Room

Terrible noise ftom the heating. Nothing for hot water. No bottle of water. The persons for the door and the elevator very lunatic.

The front desk was nice. The room was great, the bathroom nice but cold.

• Superior Queen Room

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and they upgraded our room for no charge. The location was perfect, right in the heart of Manhattan, right next to Bryant Park and walking distance to almost all the main attractions. The room was spacious and clean. Very quiet room - couldn’t hear any of the city traffic at night. Would definitely stay there again!

• Deluxe Room with Park View

Breakfast is massively overpriced - $17 for 2 eggs and toast, who comes up with these prices? There are no tea/coffee facilities in room.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice and beds comfortable. Fantastic location

• Superior Queen Room

Inexcusable not to provide a wake up call.

They placed me in a room facing two brick walls--I asked them not to do that. Asked for two wake up calls at 8:00 and 8:15. I did not receive a call, causing me to almost miss my plane. No coffee provided. The staff was very nice but I would never recommend this. Overpriced mainly becuase of location. Downstairs bar was loud and stuffy, no windows.

• Deluxe Room

The location was perfect, with the hotel room being exceptionally large for a room in NYC with both a bath and separate shower. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. Would definitely recommend and will also be revisiting.

Asked for room on upper floors, put on 11th..Noisey on Monday morning. Staff hot and cold. Koi restaurant loud and food mediocre.No coffee maker in room.

Room was clean and large especially for N.Y., view of Bryant Park great!

Traffic to the location

Customer service was very responsive. Room was neat and consierg was super polite and helpful. Also location which close to time square was equally exceptional

• Superior Queen Room

The drain in my shower didn't function properly, but it didn't cause any issues.

Thank you for having such a friendly staff. They made work travel seem a little bit nicer. Also, Koi restaurant had excellent food.

Everything was excellent.

The staff are most personable and attentive to all needs. We keep coming back because it feels like everyone really cares about the guests. The accommodations and location are excellent.

• Superior Queen Room

the location of the hotel is good. right in the centre of the city. on the other hand: also really close to low-brow times square, so very busy and classless people on the streets. the staff was friendly. It did go downhill from there. we were given a room on the 7th floor at the back of the building so no view. that's fine, i guess you get what you pay for. but the windows were really filthy and the room showed its age. the paintwork needed updating. the light switches were on really inconvenient places, the button of one light was above a corner socket. really weird. even with the lights on the room was still dark and gloomy. but the icing on the cake was the fact that there was a really loud a/c machine just outside our window on the roof of the building. sleeping was impossible. It all made for a very bad experience. i didn't feel welcome or valued at all. i felt like i was barely tolerated in the hotel, not a nice feeling. i paid 1500 $ for 4 nights. i know it's ny but i still feel ripped off because of the bad experience. i'm now in the next stop of my trip in a much nicer hotel in washington (just behind the white house) that cost less for a far superior room (with view) and a very friendly welcome. so it can't be so hard to offer a clean silent room for the prices that are being charged. or at least make it clear on the website that you will get a dark loud room with filthy windows.

• Superior Queen Room

For being NYC we had a very good value for money. Biggest room I ever had in NYC for seven stays and a nice bathroom. Location just can't be better right at Bryant Park, also with airport buses just a few minutes walk away.

• Superior Queen Room

The front doors were very heavy and hard to open. There was construction on the street in front of the hotel but that was not the fault of the hotel

The staff was always friendly and welcoming. Our room was very comfortable, big and well designed. Loved the shower and huge tub.

• Deluxe Room with Park View

There was only ONE thing we did not like. For a city that never sleeps...their bar area was closed on Sunday. We were only slightly disappointed. The pluses of Bryant Park Hotel far outweigh the negative of this one remark. Trust me!

The staff was very friendly. The hotel elegant. We walked into our room and were surprised to see how big our room was! Then the view...GORGEOUS!! Everything was just as we would have wanted and more!! Take advantage of the Spa supplies in the bathroom for a luxurious and spacious bath. We will definitely be returning to Bryant Part Hotel. A place that feels like a home away from home.

• Superior Queen Room

It would have been helpful to have a lobby in which to sit between meetings or if waiting for someone etc.

I liked the bathroom and the wide bath. I liked the size of the room, though some updating may be a good idea.

• Deluxe Room

The elevator is a bit shaky so going to the 22nd floor was not so nice, the view made up for it though.

Great location and very comfortable room. We even got a free upgrade which was a very pleasant surprise.

• Deluxe Room

Everything was great. Midtown is a little bit busy and crazy, but that’s not the hotel’s fault.

The room was spacious for NYC and the hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate my special request for a bathtub. My husband was running the marathon and we really wanted a room with a tub. The check in staff made it happen and we were so happy with our quiet room and giant bed. The shower in the room was incredible and the bathroom was spacious. The hotel is in a fantastic location opposite Bryant Park. There is a terrific bar in the basement and the barman at the restaurant makes wonderful cocktails. This hotel is a very historic Art Deco building and is a landmark on the skyline.

• Superior Queen Room

The rooms do not have black-out shades, so trying to nap during the day can be tough. (I had to use the eye masks provided by the airline.) There is NO take-out coffee anywhere in the hotel! You have to walk a couple doors down to Blue Bottle. They really should put free coffee in the lobby or, at the very least, have take-out coffee at the restaurant in the lobby.

A bit pricey even by Manhattan standards. The location adjacent to the New York Public Library and Bryant Park and in close proximity to the subway, is hard to beat. Really nice staff. They ended up upgrading me to a suite, as that was the only room available when I arrived at 7 am, fresh off the red-eye from SF.

• Superior Queen Room

The room we were in initially was noisy as it had an air conditioning unit outside ( room 503). We asked to be moved and the staff made the move without any issue. Our subsequent room was perfect. We were also allowed to check out at 1:00 PM rather than 12:00 again without a problem. Excellent service

• Superior Queen Room

Room was clean and lovely. Lots of fluffy towels and loved the robe and booties. The location of the hotel was great, across from the park which was enjoyable. Overnight parking was very reasonably priced.

• Deluxe Room

Excellent location near the Theatre District and many subway lines, but away from the Times Square mess. Very spacious and comfy room, and great toiletries in the lux bathroom.

• Deluxe Room

Location was superb! Staff, particularly at the reception were really friendly! (Yasmin was great in making things easy during our stay) Housekeeping was also spotless!

• Deluxe Room

The deluxe room was very clean and very beautiful, the bed was comfortable. Over all room atmosphere was very relaxing. Location is the best as it across the street from Bryant park. The staff are very halpfull.

• Superior Queen Room

The mattress in our room was pretty hard. It might work for some people and it was fine for a few days, but I would have preferred a softer mattress.

The bar and restaurant are fantastic and well worth patronizing, even in the competitive New York scene. Also, the location of the hotel is fantastic - right in the middle of everything.

Browse Bryant Park Hotel traveller photo gallery