Reviews of Best Western Providence-Seekonk Inn 3 stars

45 Mink Street, Seekonk, MA 02771, USA

#3 of 8 hotels in Seekonk

A rip-off

The room lighting is fluorescent white lights. The carpet is dirty. The bed mattresses are depressed. The bathroom is just like any motel bathroom. The TV is analog TV. The remote control cannot change channels. The elevator does not work. The lobby is very basic. It is a 45 min. drive (without traffic) to Newport RI, not half hour.

The front desk was friendly. There is an indoor pool. Close to restaurants and shops and gas stations, and highway entrances.

$250 for for $75 room

Bed was uncomfortable. I don't like the tiny pillows and the walls are paper thin so you can hear other rooms and everyone in the hallways.

Eggs where good

Highly recommended, will definitely come back.

The room was immaculate in size, incredibly clean and comfortable. The breakfast was up to par for being a free meal. Lots of options and and everything was warm and fresh. The location was prime, lots of local restaurants/stores/local businesses.

The free breakfast was very good,the pool was very nice...

The free breakfast was very good,the pool was very nice could use a little more staff at the check in desk courtesy laundry was nice beds were a little to soft for my liking rooms were very clean.thank you very much!

Overall, good.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Cheapest toilet paper I have ever used. Room was for people with disabilities and yet it was a very Hugh step into and out of the bathtub to shower (instead of a walk in shower). I actually slipped and fell, even with grab bars getting out of the tub.

Fabulous breakfast, attentive staff.

great value for the money

The French toast was tough; the tv remote did not enable some functions, such as guide and info so you were unable to identify what you were watching or what was coming on later

Fluffy pillows, very comfortable beds, good breakfast

Great value, friendly staff, and nice perks--just wish I had an easier time sleeping.

Bed was stiff and uncomfortable. Noise from adjacent rooms and hall made it hard to sleep.

Awesome breakfast, great location (I attended a convention in Providence, RI), great price. My room was massive and the bathroom was clean. Also they had a nice little exercise room on the ground floor where I was able to bike off some calories.

A great family oriented hotel, that is clean and affordable.

The only issue we seem to have while staying here, is the rooms a always seem to be warm, with no option to put the AC on or open a window.

My family and I enjoy the pool very and also that breakfast is included and there are a good amount of options to pick from.

Okay reasonably priced but won't stay there again

Didn't see staff much, walls seemed then so I could hear conversations and television in the rooms next to me. Tv is analog.

Not too far from Providence Rhode Island

Great location and price

The pool water could have been warmer. The heat in the room was on and if you are not swimming you will burn up but the water in the pool was cool and made it difficult to enjoy. Breakfast could of had a few more options.

Overpriced for what you are getting.

overall the room look more updated online than it did in person. luckily the room had two beds because one bed i found 10-12 body hair of someone, like as if they never changed the sheets. Also the toilet barely flushed & when it did flush it just kept running all night. breakfast that was included looked under cooked which was disappointing. it wasnt bad enough to complain but it was not somewhere I would spend $200 to stay

Customer service was very friendly

Convention Weekend

The building itself was a bit difficult to find from the road. Not at any fault of the hotel, but some of the guests were very rowdy and obnoxious while we were trying to sleep.

Cozy and close to the convention center. The hotel had plenty of parking space and was very accommodating. The room had a mini fridge which was utilized.

Very pleasant experience particularly due to the staff and well-maintained facilities.

The wifi site was unsecured. Accessing the network did not require passwords for the entire ten days of our stay and the warning messages on our iPAD and tablets about the site’s security risks persisted; despite the efforts of the manager with the contracted IT company. Thus we were unable to do any internet banking or business activities. One suggestion regarding the breakfast food is to provide thicker bacon slices.

Staff, especially the dining room staff, were very attentive and pleasant. The hotel facilities were clean and well maintained. It was located near a good selection of restaurants and shops. The women working in the dining room were very impressive in their professionalism and attentiveness. The dining room was spotless. We suggested to the hotel manager that a tipping receptacle/sign be provided for the women working in the dining room because they deserve the extra recognition.

Wili stay here again on our next visit. We tell friends visiting the area about our stay

No complaints

It was very pleaseing to be with the employee so courteous in all suspects. Smiles genuine. The atmosphere was pleasant. We toured the area while busting our grand children

The beds were terrible.

The beds were terrible. Every move on either bed and they would squeak and not just a little it was very noisy and uncomfortable. The room was on the second floor and had inconsiderate people above and next to us. Doors slamming all night.you could hear ever foot step. Very disappointing.

Short stay
    • King Room - Disability Access

Extremely noisy, we could hear what was happening in the rooms next to us. We really had to have breakfast really early, but not only it was not possible, the employee didn't give us any other option. In the morning we were trying to find a cab or uber or whatever that could take us to the airport and the employee was nice but wasn't really helpful, we had to reach a taxi ourselves. Too expensive for what you get.

Clean, good value for the money.

The bed was VERY high (placed on extra risers) which made it very uncomfortable to sit, if one wants to chat with friends or watch TV.

The property was clean and the staff very nice; breakfast was actually diverse and the breakfast attendant very attentive and helpful.

Pleasant stay overall

Room window looked out onto a used car lot! Breakfast was OK. Eggs were rubbery and bacon etc dry. But rest of offererings were OK.

Room was comfortable and clean. Good sized bathroom. Staff were friendly. Nice to have a small pool.

Good place. Easy access to a lot of things.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Very nice facility. The only thing I didn't like (purely personal) was that I don't like hash for breakfast, and it was the only choice for a meat. Would have been nice to possibly have sausage or bacon as an option. Otherwise, very good. Staff was very friendly.

Breakfast was very good

The hotel is easilly missed unless you know exactly where it is. You need a much larger and higher sign to catch customers attention.

Breakfast was very good

Crystal Scott , desk clerk was most helpful as I was...

thin wall and noisy neighbors and no hand held showers

Crystal Scott , desk clerk was most helpful as I was traveling with my elderly handicapped mother

Great location for our needs

There were a lot of great restaurants and stores within walking distance (pic is from the Mexican place almost right next door). Staff was friendly. Room was clean and a nice size. Bathroom was big enough (low lighting though). Breakfast was good - and made the place an even better value for the price.

Good stay in Seekonk

Rooms were nicely refurbished Bed was a little creeky Front desk ladies were very helpful Breakfast was ok Halls need to be rehabbed Parking was good No major complaints

Okay. Manager should aim higher. Breakfast ladies deserve a raise!

First impression was not great. The man checking us in did not greet us in a welcoming way at all. He was not dressed professionally enough to where I was certain he was even supposed to be behind the desk. Maybe he was filling in from maintenance? No full length mirror any where. No mirror at all outside of bathroom. This is inconvenient when you have several people getting ready for an occasion at the same time. The pool only opens at nine on the weekends? Why? I chose your hotel over others because my husband swims for his good health. When you're traveling it's usually because you have places to go.... nine o'clock is late. Too late. I'll check that the next time before booking.

The breakfast ladies were the most positive, cheerful part of our stay.

You get what you pay for. Not a Spa-Wellness but a Best Western

drink automat was empty, but everything else was as described

typical american breakfast, could be a bit more healthy, but nevertheless, it doesn't leave you hungry

The beds were squeaking all night and uncomfortable.

The beds were squeaking all night and uncomfortable. The shampoo and conditioner and soap were almost empty, there was no toothpaste and not enough towels or washcloths.the refrigerator made loud noises all night kept waking me and the room had a foul odor.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Construction going on in hotel and we weren't notified...

Construction going on in hotel and we weren't notified in advance Had to change reservation from 6 to 3 days. Still waiting for refund and in fact was charged twice.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Breakfast eggs and hash tasted horrible.

Breakfast eggs and hash tasted horrible. Other hot food didn't look so good. Had to throw away after two bites. Better not to offer hot food if it's not good. Attendant didn't want me to take bagel and juice to the room for my daughter. TV had no picture.

A place to lay your head, but don't expect any bells and whistles.

The pool area is very small, no hot tub and overall a disappointment. The "free breakfast" was not very good. The eggs were disgusting, as was the corn beef hash. There was no bacon served and sausages were mediocre, at best. The French toast was below average and I was disappointed that there was no omelette or waffle station, and the coffee served was very weak and did not taste good at all!

The room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Definitely great value.

Staff was wonderful! Great customer service, very eager to do anything to make a pleasant stay. Front desk at night went out of her way to get blankets. Extra coffee offered in the am. Very happy with our stay. Not fancy, but great value for money.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Smokey smelling room!

The room smelled like cigarette smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. The breakfast was bland, eggs & hash browns.

Location was good for our trip. I had to change rooms because of the smell and the staff was accommodating.

Worst experience ever😡😠
    • King Room - Disability Access

The people who stayed above me fought for hours, banging furniture, stomping their feet snd cursing. The bathroom smell like marijuana. The room directly across from me also smelled like marijuana. A few people stood i front of the back entrance ramp to smoke. I had to hold my breath yo keep from injesting second hand smoke. I was not surprised to hear the fire alarm go off and I had to run out. I have cancer and I'm on several medications that already cause palpitations, I ended up having an asthma attack. I deserve a refund for my hardship. This is my second bad experience with Best Western. I will not spend my hard earned money their ever again

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

It was $50 cheaper than the Ramada. I think I should spend the $50 next time

Bathroom floor was gross. No one cleaned in the corners. Grout was nasty. No facecloths & I had to put the tp on the roll. Seriously? Plus the maid knocked on our door 2 hrs before we were to check-out!

2 beds, micro & fridge, room was a decent size & they had HGTV on their cable package! Bonus!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

I appreciated the variety offered for breakfast

The hotel did not smell fresh and clean although it did look clean It was a little worn and probably old carpets held odors

I appreciated the variety offered for breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

No sleep

Fire alarm went off at 6:30 am so loud my head rang all day with a headache we didn't get the room until 3 am I think we should be reimbursed

Bed was great fire alarm went off at 6:30 am we didn't get into the room until 3 am that's wasn't right

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Lovely hotel in an excellent location.

Nice room and pool. Stairs and corridors were smartly decorated. Very good breakfast- it was nice to have proper crockery and cutlery. All the staff were friendly and efficient. Lots of choice restaurants to walk to in the vicinity

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The room smelled so fresh and clean.

The mattress could have been more supportive. It squeaked every time I rolled over....

The room smelled so fresh and clean. Sheets were clean and crisp and towels were clean and soft.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

A good all rounder

Outdoor pool was nice to have a place to sit outside. The staff were very helpful and friendly, recommending places to eat and things to do locally. Breakfast was totally adequate, room was comfy and clean and a laundry was a great bonus.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Good alternative to downtown hotels if you have a car

Rich breakfast, large and bright rooms, comfortable bed and pillow, large and clean bathroom, well-kept hotel, lots of shops around, 10 minutes to Brown University by car.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Bed very comfortable.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Decor was drab. Beige walls dark old fashioned furniture. Breakfast ok buffet style needs more variety.

Bed very comfortable. Good bathroom fresh towels.

Great place to stay, friendliest staff we have ever dealt with!

I can't think of a single thing that they could have done better. The only breakfast item that neither of us liked was the hash browns, they are not particularly tasty and neither of us could eat them. Everything else was outstanding.

Exceptionally friendly staff, outstanding breakfast buffet!

Can't wait to stay again.

The elevator seemed to have a mind of its own. Kind of shaky and still moved a little after the doors were open. But I'm not a fan of elevators in general, lol, so it's probably fine.

Breakfast was good, and plenty of time to get to it. The coffee pot was kept fresh and hot and full, the most important part! Staff was very courteous and helpful, room was clean and well-stocked. The pool area was extremely clean and there were plenty of towels available. Good central location-- it was a quick run to Walmart when my daughter ended up needing a jacket, and really good restaurants nearby.

Nice place for a weekend stay

No real complaints. The only issue I had, which was a bit strange, was the lamp and clock by the bed were unplugged and it was tough to get them plugged back into the wall. Also the lamp in the other corner of the room was unplugged. I mean nothing serious but just strange that everything was unplugged. Also, the rooms were a bit dated. The wallpaper was slightly coming off the walls in the corners and around the ac unit. There were many premium channels and the TV wasn't HD.

The area was prime. Right in the center of shops and restaurants! We went to the seekonk speedway thrill shows which was a 5 min drive down the street very convenient! The room was neat and clean. The rooms were a bit dated but good for the price. You have a microwave and fridge in the room which is always a plus and the complimentary breakfast was much more than a simple continental, it was hot and fresh: eggs, french toast, hash browns and more!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

1st time with Best Western...mixed experience...we need to try someplace else next time in area.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Why was the bed up on risers? (last occupants must have been very tall?)...we had to request staff to remove the risers. And the bathtub is elevated quite high relative to the floor - is this ADA design? Stepping in and out of it was awkward and perhaps even dangerous even for able bodied people (this was a handicap accessible room). TV did not receive all the channels listed. Clock radio did not work. No "fan only" on the cooling system. Fan goes on and off based on temp setting - annoying because we prefer a steady 'white noise' at night. For the above reasons we probably won't book here again. Too bad because there were many things to like about it.

Easy parking. Smooth check-in. Clean, new looking facility. Plenty of decent restaurants nearby. Bed was comfy. Room included comfortable chair and ottoman, and plenty of lighting options. Soap/shampoo dispensers in bathroom. Breakfast was about as good as any other place we've stayed.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Overall it was a comfortable stay and I would choose to stay here again if I was passing through.

If I could have changed anything it would have been suggested to be in a room that wasn't near the elevator and vending machine area simply because you could hear the noise of all the equipment.

The hotel was conveniently located not far off of the highway, the staff was helpful recommending a very nice established restuarant conveniently located right across the street.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

1 week vacation with family

Room carpets could have been more clean

Good breakfast, swimming pool, close to highway, close to restaurants and shopping, and close to Boston, Providence, Newport

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Great value for money!

Personally I like my bed firmer but I slept very well.

Well located for shopping and dining. Very clean room. Nice helpful staff. Nice indoor pool opened 'til 10 pm. Nice full breakfast to start the day. Would definitely go back if visiting the same region again.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Will return

Bench used for smokers is right near front door of building. Should be located farther away from building.

Desk clerk made sure that large group of young lacrosse players quieted down in evening. Two breakfast room attendants did excellent job keeping room clean and restocking breakfast foods, even with very hungry lacrosse players mentioned above. They are to be commended.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Grest place to stay!

The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The hotel was extremely clean both lobby, common ways and room. The breakfast was satisfying with multiple choices of items.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great stay and good location.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast was very nice and the lady that was in there took great care of everyone and was very pleasant. The hotel was close to everything and the staff were all very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Comfortable.

Staffing was scarce. Every time you went to the desk, There was no one there. Sign posted to be right back. There was a woman at the desk who seemed to be handling things on another floor. she was very pleasant and helpful though. Not very much to do in this area.

Room was comfortable and clean. Offered breakfast and onsite parking. Located fairly close to restaurants and shopping.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Overall a GREAT EXPERIENCE

The variety of breakfast was limited. The taste of food was ok.

Loved the room. The location was great! So many restaurants and things to do in walking distance

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Great stay and close (20 min drive) to Roger Williams University!

The front desk and breakfast staff were extremely friendly; bathroom was spacious and clean; room was spacious and clean and the bed was super comfortable. Would stay again next time I'm in the area.

Lovely room nice swimming pool

Lovely room nice swimming pool

Very courteous staff, superb location and clean facilities.

Very courteous staff, superb location and clean facilities.

Convenient to providence, Joes was great thx for coupons
    • King Room - Disability Access

Small sitting area in lobby/open area

Very comfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access

Everything and everyone and staff and all was very helpful and cheerful

Elevator didn't not work

Elevator didn't not work

The beds were so comfortable,and they had shampoo,...

The beds were so comfortable,and they had shampoo, conditioner and soap available which was wonderful

Very clean and comfortable with excellent staff.

Very clean and comfortable with excellent staff.

Enjoyable stay.

Front desk

The orange juice was delicious.

Everything was good, except the toilet was dirty

Loudness our side of the rooms

Everything was good, except the toilet was dirty

Very clean great breakfast buffet friendly staff

Very clean great breakfast buffet friendly staff

It was good overall for the money.

Breakfast options; sausage looked under cooked; hash very salty

Helpful friendly staff, very clean and close to the stores

Limited parking, you need to add a different item each day to the free breakfast.

Helpful friendly staff, very clean and close to the stores

Breakfast parking

Noisy at night

Breakfast parking

Outstanding. Planning on staying there again

Great experience. Friendly staff. Great indoor pool.

Sometimes there was long lines.

Highly Recommend

Nothing everything was perfect

Friendly staff especial Crystal on tje fromt desk

Great place to stay

Clean, quiet, close to stores & restaurants. Staff was great!

Everything was nice even breakfast.

Good experience

The room was very comfortable and very clean.

Had a terrific atay

Eggs were awful

Wonderful

It's a very nice place to stay at

Best stay ever

It was close to the shopping centers.

IT WAS O.K.

Very noisy guest, poor choices for tv programs, breakfast was very good but fresh fruit was old and tired. Seem to try to cut cost .

Clean