Reviews of Best Western St. Augustine I-95 3 stars

2445 State Road 16, St. Augustine, FL 32092, USA

#68 of 85 hotels in St. Augustine

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Housekeeping 😊YAY!!!! Management 😡 nay

The toilet clogged up on the second day, waited for an hour for someone to come and take care of it they called and said they didn't have maintenance that day and dropped off a plunger for me to take care of the problem. Then laundry was $3.00 to wash and the machine was out of order found out by putting money in and it didn't work, here's an idea put an OUT OF ORDER sign on it

Our housekeeper Nina was awesome and helpful

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Loved it , we will definitely go back soon!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

All the people that worked there was very nice, the lighting around the place was great at night and made ya feel really safe to walk around , great location, had a great time

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

I expected more of the hotel.

I did not like the overnight clerk offering to let me use the bathroom in the main area, while there was no tissue. I explained there was no tissue and he recommended I use the paper towels. I toilet was filthy in the main area as well.

my bed had blood on it. The top sheet was dirty. I also had a dirty face rag and hand towel.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

We won't stay here again.

Looked as if a 'pro' was doing business a couple of doors down from our room. She came out in her nightie for a cigarette break several times. Ugh!

We should have known that the rate would indicate an 'iffy' property. The clerk at check-in was nice. Breakfast was okay. The hotel was well past its' prime, and, although the room was clean, it felt old and worn out.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The staff was ok.

The staff was ok. The lady at break was rude to my whole group and had multiple complaints. The lady at check out was being rude. I was very displeased with the up keep and their overall customer service.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Good value, clean, and Very Friendly staff. Overall a good stay at a Great price.

I wish hotel was a little closer to the town. Also the toilet in our room was noisy and had issues flushing occasionally; but was easily fixable. Also no microwave in room, which was a negative.

My family and I visited St Augustine for the 2nd time, basically I was looking for a value hotel in a safe area close to the historic area. The staff was extremely friendly, bed was comfortable for a value hotel, and price was GREAT. Overall a satisfactory stay, would recommend.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Perfection

City taxes just for staying there. It's a touristic City, you are expected to spend more than enough there so I don't think it's fair also charging you more.

Only one Word can express our experience: perfection. Stuff was kind and friendly, place was clean, everything was in order and they even let us a note with greetings. Next time in St.Augustine will stay there again for sure!

This hotel has potential.

upon arrival my husband was checking in but the attendant paid more attention to me. My husband handed the attendant his DL and credit card but the front desk attendant maintained all interactions with me. He made no eye contact with my husband. He did not give us an option for the first or second floor as I had heard the other attendant tell another guest. Our experience in the room was mold on the bathroom ceiling. There was piece of baseboard missing with pieces of the wall material on the carpet, which should have been at least vacuumed. The phone in the room did not work. We were trying to contact the front desk to find out at what time was check out since the information wasn’t given at the front desk upon checking in.

We liked the location. Near the highway, near malls and restaurants. The breakfast offered at the hotel was good. All the employees we encountered were very nice.

Clean, convenient and a great value

We are Hurricane Florence evacuees. Tanya at the front desk was amazing she was so kind and understanding of our situation. Tanya made our stay perfect. Thank you Tanya!!

Very clean hotel room, huge queen beds, i sleep like a bebe...

Very clean hotel room, huge queen beds, i sleep like a bebe in the perfect silence of the night, tasty sweet breakfast, the ppl was so nice and ready to help, i will return there 100%.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The employees were very nice and welcoming.

The mattress was very springy. The pillows were small and flat. We had sheets that were stained.

The employees were very nice and welcoming. The pool was very clean.

The rates were excellent for the quality of the room.

Our air conditioner wasn't quite up to snuff - didn't really cool the room as nicely as we would have liked. The dining area is on the small side and gets overcrowded.

The rates were excellent for the quality of the room.

The water from the sink and shower smell like sprinkler pump water it had that odor to it

Well we had three night stay all three nights was hell could not get any sleep we have been down to the old historical downtown enjoying myself for the day but when we got to the hotel room that afternoon we could not get any sleep the hotel staff allow these other guests from the hotel to be too loud at all times of the night into the wee hours of the morning from around the pool area from about 10 o'clock to about 4 or 4:30 in the morning very loud and obnoxious complain about it but nothing happen and I wasn't the only one complaining I don't reckon we'll be staying at this hotel again all three nights of hell and noise went about too long very disappointing and unacceptable the hotel staff said they tried very hard to get control of the situation I don't know about that but that's what they said

The room was very clean they had a large Tower made out of a heart on the bed that was very impressive they had soap dispensers in the shower very nice

The comfort of my car next to the room

The cleaning staff was not attentive. I had to ask for clean towels and to have them vacuum room. I guess they're not used to people stay longer than a day.

The comfort of my car next to the room

Everything else was great.

The water from the a/c units on the second floor dripped down on to the sidewalk of the first floor catching us off guard. Also we tried to split the bill with two people at checkout and that didn't work. Coffee was like water at breakfast.

Everything else was great. Clean, friendly, and convenient.

Will not be back

Air conditioner was not working properly and not blowing cold. Went down to the front desk to ask for more towels and the woman acted as if I was asking an extreme amount of effort from her. While waiting for my towels, she was rude to another couple who was from Germany simply because they couldn’t communicate well. Breakfast was not amazing by any means.

No roaches

Overall a good stay.

Difficult to find. No sign at the entrance or on the buildings

The bed was comfortable. With a sheet and a light blanket like we like. Breakfast bacon was very good. The eggs dry.

No sign on the motel when you enter, couldn’t find it at...

No sign on the motel when you enter, couldn’t find it at first... The matress was so bad, couldn’t even sleep in it... the smell in the room was bad especially when someone uses a bathroom. Breakfast was ok..

My family and I stay here and it was absolutely the worst place I've ever stay we were fed the same breakfast for a whole week which seem like left overs all week, our sheets were never clean when we got to our hotel room we found a sandal that wasn't even ours. Our sheets had a huge hole in it and nail polish. The pool was close till two days prior from us leaving the fitness center was close for our whole visit there. The staff was absolutely rude especially the receptionist name Tonaya I will never stay at this hotel again and I do not recommend it.

Great value, great beds.

The shower was not the best we have had. Getting it to the right temperature and holding it on that temperature was difficult.

The beds and pillows are the best we have had so far. The rooms are clean and tidy as well.

Not up to our expectations.

We were woken by screaming and yelling at 2 am as drunken guests checked in. Had to walk through clouds of cigarette smoke on the way to breakfast bc so many smoking outside. Day laborers staring at us in the evening. System down so no receipt available and it was never emailed. Had to stop back by to get the receipt. We changed hotels after 3 nights. Pictures on Internet were deceptive.

Had online reservations, arrived at 11:30 am and the host was nice enough to let us into our room. +

Everything is atleast 15-20 minutes away.

Great place to stay if you don't mind driving 20 minutes to the beach or George street. No Jacuzzi. The clerk was nice enough to let us in our room early. Breakfast was good!

Meh. I wouldn't return to this location with the staff that just doesn't care.

The cleaning staff left my room open and unattended for who knows how long. My door was visibly open and my belongings could've been stolen. When I brought this issue to customer service they were not concerned and were unapologetic. The sheets were stained, but washed. There is just a little bit of a gross factor to having stained sheets.

I like the value, but I guess you also get what you pay for. The room was decent enough and the location of the hotel was good. It wasn't right in the middle of a traffic filled area, but it was only about 10mins away from the historic district.

I would recommend your hotel but tell people to bring a folding chair and table to have a snack .

I wish the lighting in the room was a little brighter; 2, chairs with a little table and a microwave.

The scrambled eggs were good but the round eggs were not good. All the other food was fine except I wish you would have had bacon also. All your staff was courteous and very helpful.

Booked wrong best western should of been one in st Augustine...

7 mile journey into St. Augustine and not much around hotel

Booked wrong best western should of been one in st Augustine town center but never mind still had a good time .ruby Tuesdays is next door very nice for food and a drink

All in all it was ok for the price.

I would have liked being closer to the pool which I requested... The beds sweet not that comfortable..

All in all it was ok for the price..The breakfast was fair.. Too many people.. Not enough room.. The pool was perfect temp.. No elevators..I should have asked for a downstairs room.. Plenty of good restaurants around to choose from.. But not easy to find the hotel.. It needs more signage on their building..

Good for the money

Breakfast, Sausage was extremely greasy and the egg patties were overcooked and hard.

Everything was fine except in the morning I did not have power in my room and after a couple of calls they gave me keys to another room I could use to shower and get ready to leave for my appointment

Overall a nice Weekend

It's easy to get to, but a bit far from the attractions in St Augustine. Breakfast isn't worth it. Just go out.

Can, comfortable, nice pool area. Price is very reasonable.

This is an old property - motel style.

The property is hidden behind the taco bell - had to drive around to find because the address on the navigator does not lead directly there.

This is an old property - motel style. But they have updated the rooms a bit, and the price was right.

It was very family friendly.

No complaints honest

It was very family friendly. Breakfast was great ,the pool was awesome, fast food joints and restaurants right there. Very close to the historic district and beaches. A light away from the oulet shops.

The pool was nice.

Staff wasn’t the best, had an issue checking in, but was still charged wrong.

The pool was nice. Room was decent not as nice as the pictures look, but for the price expected.

For the price, reasonably good .

Breakfast room too small, need to double it.

Stayed 4 nights, left room at 9 am each day and never returned before 1 pm. Had to call front desk twp days to request that my room be cleaned.

Comfortable stay for a good value.

Good location only 15 minutes from the historical district. You can not go wrong with a good breakfast to start your day. All of the staff that we encountered the 3 days that we were there were very helpful and courteous. Overall I give it 2 👍!

The pool was exceptional.

My only negative remarks would be that you can hear everything the room next to you is saying and doing plus there was some shady characters drinking and possibly selling drugs outside the room next to us I did not like that at all. They looked at my daughter like a piece of meat

The pool was exceptional. And the continental breakfast was good as well. Our first day, when they cleaned the room they only made 1 bed and they left our clean towels on the bed, but the second and third day they cleaned up perfectly.

Decent stay

The shower wouldn't work. So we came home to take a shower. Which was a huge inconvenience. The cleaning service moved an item and was never found. The toilet took forever to flush. Not to many television channels. Tons of construction noises.

The staff checking us in was super friendly. The beds are comfortable.

Pleasant at best for the price, inconvenient at worse because of have to move from room to room.

Our room had to be switched while we were their because of a leaking toilet at the floor and was obvious it had been leaking before we got the room. The last day we were there we had no hot water and the computer at the front desk was not working at checkout. We also had a friend that joined us and her room also had to be switched because of a toilet leak.

The pool was beautiful, but was shut down for a whole day. The breakfast was good and the service in that room was excellent.

We came, we stayed, we left. Had to pay for our friends' room. Don't tell me that was necessary.

The water smells and tastes bad, so I wasn't about to make myself coffee with it. Some guests who were a few doors down sat in their doorway playing loud music after 10 pm and talking loudly. Kept tv on to drown it out. At checkout time, since I made the reservation, even though I was traveling with another couple whose name was also on the reservation when I booked, they made me pay for both rooms! I'm not happy about that.

Didn't go look at the buffet by my friends said it was nice, enjoyed their waffles.

Overall still a great vacation, considering we didn’t stay at the hotel much.

The beds and pillows are uncomfortable. The tub didn’t drain properly. One shower and the water filled the tub half way. Nobody came to clean our room. The tv had parental controls on.

Breakfast was good. Pool was nice.

clean, quite, with good breakfast and parking

Location outdated. Room and drawers had slight mildew smell. No microwave

Centrally located close to restaurants, a few within walking distance, and 25 minutes from the beach. The staff was friendly, room was clean. The breakfast was clean and well prepared with some variety. Location had a nice pool.

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Felt unsafe. As a single traveler this place was not what I expected based on reviews. The bed and toilet were extremely loud. The pillows were abnormally small. I was right next to the oddly located “breakfast room” so I heard the staff at 5 am. My check in was sketchy with the front desk staff making me wait while he smoked and the chairs being torn apart behind the desk. I should have known to ask to cancel my reservation at that point. Also had chain double locks that stuck. Will not be returning here or a best western in the future. I am also not a super picky guest and have stayed at motel 6 without issue. This place just gave me the creeps.

All was good

Customer service was great the rooms are very clean and they have a very very nice good hot breakfast bar/ this place exceeded my expectations thank you

Our stay was fine and relaxing.

Bathroom needs updated. Shower head and faucet were old and loose. Room needs more outlets for those of us with C paps and computers and cell phones.

Nice room. Attractive. Good breakfast.

The room was very clean and every time we left we came back...

Our tub leaked so every time we took a shower there was water everywhere. We also did not like the breakfast area, it was way to small and the breakfast selection was not that great. They had bacon and eggs which would of been fine but the bacon was floating in grease and the eggs tasted like rubber. Also, the water pressure in our rom was terrible. While taking a shower the water was barely powerful enough to rinse the soap out of my hair.

The room was very clean and every time we left we came back to fresh towels and our bed was made.

The carpets were so dirty that we had to wash our feet from...

The carpets were so dirty that we had to wash our feet from walking barefooted. My granddaughter spilt a little yourgurt on the carpet and I took a wash cloth to clean it up and the wash cloth was black fron the dirty carpets. My granddaughter age 3 found a pacifier on the floor at the bottom of the bed. Carpets need cleaning!

The bed was extremely comfortable.

At check-in the receptionist was not very friendly. The bath tub should have a hand rail not just for the elderly but for all as the tub is extremely slippery and the tub mat only covered a small part of the tub.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

Ok hotel..

Rooms were small. Shower and toilet were right on top of each other. You almost have to stand in the shower to open the door to get around the toilet. Parking lot can be noisy. Patrons tailgating in front of room until late hours.

Close to where we needed to go.

Room was clean, breakfast was good.

The air conditioner cut in and out every 3 minutes and it was disturbingly loud. The pillows were not to our liking and it was very disappointing that the pool area was closed during our stay which meant there was no place to sit outside as was described on the site when I booked.

Room was clean, breakfast was good.

A good hotel to serve as a base for a visit. Nothing fancy, but affordable and hospitable.

Nothing can be done about it, but accessing SR 16 and I-95 is difficult. A left turn on SR 16 can be downright frightening.

The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the woman running the breakfast operation. Also, althouh it isn’t the fanciest hotel, it was clean and the value was good.

Amazing price and stay

There were some electrical issues with some of the outlets and the bathroom light but nothing that hindered us staying there

Perfect location, super clean, friendly staff. Facilities have been updated since the pictures so it looks amazing

The front desk lady was very helpful and friendly.

Rooms were not clean, I found empty bottles n garbage under the beds, coffee maker was extremely dirty. People smoking in the stairs, lot of noise.

The front desk lady was very helpful and friendly.

It’s fine for a quick stay

Not enough space to sit during breakfast and had to take food up to room. Light in bathroom was temperamental and had to turn it on and off a few times for it to come on. Had to flush the toilet a couple of times with each use. Location is about a 20 min drive away from the historical site/beach of st Augustine- but close to outlets.

Beds are comfortable, room is large, AC is good. Check out was quick.

The complimentary breakfast exceeded our expectations.

The complimentary breakfast exceeded our expectations. We were expecting just muffins and coffee but found a huge variety with something for everyone.

Overall bad and would stay there again, and would definitely not recommend it

The entire place, the picture that was online look completely different than what I saw when I got there, it looks like a completely different place. The phone didn’t work, the place smells, the Carpet was dirty, couldn’t get a room with one bed, overall I would not stay there again

it was nice, we would stay again, great price, pleasant staff , clean room , its what we look for

the breakfast was ok, got locked out 20 minutes or so before it was supposed to close

it was clean and not far from the attractions, pleasant staff and front desk

Quiet and clean , great location .

The breakfast area was small , a bit crowded .

Nice room facing the pool , the weather was too cool to use pool but it looked good . Breakfast was good , even had chocolate chips for the waffles .

The hotel came through in the clutch with date changes.
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My issue was our room was close to the entrance. And the towels could have been softer.

The bed was extra comfortable. Though it was by the highway it wasn’t super noisy. Close to the outlet mall.

Will never stay again

Outdated rooms .. tv & phone not working... pets EVERYWHERE!!! If your allergic to animals even the room your in had an animal at one time ... felt very dirty staying there

Average

Told the front desk staff after visit that there was a certain type of bug flying around so i had put the sheets over my head when sleeping I took a picture of it and the front desk man said oh its just a bug? I turned lights the out in the room to see where the bug would go as you see with pictures attached

The location was good if eant something really good great restaurants

Would stay again.

There were a couple of set-in stains on the bed that we did not use in our room; however, everything else was spotless. Towels were stiff, but clean.

Property was convenient and clean. Parking lot had easy access to our room. Stairs were in a weird place, but were explained during check in. Check-in took less than 3 minutes flat. Rooms have been updated and tiles in the bathroom area were very nice and clean. Beds were comfortable. View was just the hotel across the street, but that is just my room.

I would stay here again.

Breakfast was crowded, not enough room for the guests to sit down, eggs about the worst I ever tasted. Easter break was very busy, so I am not sure if that’s why the pool was open well past 10 pm. Kids in pool were extremely loud. I’m not sure why the parents weren’t supervising!

Staff was great! They are very hard workers both housekeeping and the staff in the breakfast room! My hats off to them. Room was nice and clean.

Only stay here as a last resort.

The housekeeping staff was horrible. I left daily tips to get room cleaned and room was only cleaned once. I had to go ask for fresh towels and trash bags. They took tips tho! SMH Reception is clueless

Good location. Enjoyed the pool area. Needs to be more diligent with housekeeping.

We checked in on Wednesday afternoon and didn't get room cleaned until late Friday afternoon. Too late by the time we got back Thursday to have anything done. When it was " cleaned" only the beds were made. Floors we not vacuumed or swept, the bathroom mirror and sink areas were not cleaned. We were out of toilet paper and clean towels and had to track down the cleaning staff and ask for them. The paper that had our wifi connection on it also had hand written on it that breakfast was from 7:30 - 10:30. The doors were locked by 9:30.

The pool area and pool were very clean with plenty of places to sit. Restaurants and fast food places very close as was shopping.

The main reason we stayed was for the pool and hot breakfast; which both were a disappointment.

The pool was closed the entire time. The breakfast room was incredibly busy. There was no more hot food by 8:30am. We had to go somewhere else to eat. The shower nozzle was wiggly and difficult to use to turn on the shower. Our phone didn’t work, so I had to call the office using my cell phone.

The location was great.

Horrible!

I am wanting to give this hotel a 1 star but it keeps on putting 2.5....not sure what that is all about but please know that this is not a 2.5 star review!! It is a one star...if I could give it 0 I would!! I did not like this property at all!! We paid close to $200 /night and it was horrible! The area was not nice at all, although it was only 6 miles from Downtown St. Auguatine ( that was the only good part.) The hotel had the look of a Motel....there was basically no lobby, the room doors were all facung outside like you wouldfind in a Motel. They do not show the outside of the hotel in the pics. The inside of the room was dirty and the bathroom walls were dirty and looked like they had painted over the dirt. Awful stay! Would never stay there again! Buyer be ware. I would never pay $200 for these type of accommodations!!

Nice hotel. Great staff.

The pool was closed and no one told us before we tried to go swimming.

The double sheets covering the blank and the breakfast staff. There was one woman working and she was amazing. Very friendly, but way over worked. She needs help on the weekends.

I would recommend this location and would stay there again without hesitation

No milk/chocolate mile to drink selection at breakfast was kinda a bummer. Not everyone likes juice and coffee.

Relativly inexpensive considering competitors and good location

On our way from Daytona airport to Jacksonville, and gave us time to explore St. Augustine.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Nice to have the complimentary breakfast, but the scrambled 'eggs' were tasteless. My wife opted for cereal, but I added salt and pepper to the eggs to make them tolerable. Everything else was OK. If there was a way to spread out the area at the coffee and juice, it got crowded with people wanting one or the other, and then the coffee drinkers were adding their cream and sugar while others were waiting for juice.

The reception at the front desk was exceptional, it had been a long travel day for my wife, and it was after 9pm, I had mistakenly reserved a 'smoking' room, and the young lady switched us to a 'non-smoking' room without a minutes hesitation!

I would not recommended this places to anyone with the amount that I got charged for per night!

It was very noise, They could due little better with the breakfast,and they need to due better with the house keeping my room was not clean or my bed sheets!

The location was ok!

It was an average stay

The toilet in our room leaked (raw sewage water) and there was no rooms our first night so towels was placed on the floor to soak up water. We checked out at 4 am and person in charge had to be woken up he could not print off s receipt but o called after 12 pm and was emailed one

The manager compt our first night due to an issue and we were moved to another room

Great location away from the hustle and bustle of the...

Small bathroom. No microwave.

Great location away from the hustle and bustle of the historic district, right off 95, but very quiet. Only 6 miles to the fort and right across the street from the premium outlets. A mile or so to the aquarium. Bathrooms very small and no microwave yet (I hear they are getting them soon) they have a microwave in the lobby for your use. Overall a good experience. Newly renovated. Happy with our stay.

This is a great hotel to stay at.

This is a great hotel to stay at. The breakfast was amazing and the staff was friendly. The room smelled nice and you could tell it was properly cleaned. Over all my family was very pleased with our stay.

the stay was fine, room clean just wasnt happy with breakfast

was disappointed with breakfast.. the room was over crowded had to wait for people to finished eating to get a table. refills on the food took long. didn't go back for breakfast the next day..

I like how close the hotel was to the places I was visiting.

Bed was quite comfortable.

Bed was quite comfortable. Morning breakfast attendant was polite and cheerful. She welcomed everyone who came into the room to have breakfast and was helpful to all.

we were very disappointed and won't use that hotel again.

the shower did not work properly. you could get only ice cold or boiling hot, nothing in between. I scalded my back in the shower. The air conditioning unit was very noisy. Every time the compressor kicked on or off, I woke up. I am usually a very sound sleeper.

convenient location.

Vacation stay. Hu

The first day they were re-taring the drive, they did a good job. So not a negative, a business has to work on the property to improve, and people like me understand and don't mind.

Not far from stores, outlet mall and old St. Augustine. Was very clean, bathrooms clean, well stocked. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was Waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, oatmeal, bagels and cereal. No microwave in room but there is one at the check in counter, just walk up to heat something up. Fridge, hair dryer, ironing board and flat screen TV in each room. Plenty of channels to choose from. Sheets were clean, even got extra pillows and blankets.