Reviews of Quality Inn South Colorado Springs 3 stars

1410 Harrison Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80905, USA

#28 of 83 hotels in Colorado Springs

The location was good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms smelled as if someone had urinated in the beds/carpet/couch. It was not a very good hotel for the price.

The location was good. Restaurants were close.

I would definitely stay there again.

A little difficult for me to find as it is kind of behind a restaurant, but I am directionally challenged and it was late and I was tired.

Courteous staff. Efficient check in. Lots of variety for breakfast. Dining room clean. Room clean.

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Found it to be pricey for the room and will look elsewhere next time we visit Colorado Springs.

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location worked for us.

Air conditioner was out, we reported it that evening &...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner was out, we reported it that evening & waited for maintenance to come fix it, we were in a hot box sweating, no one came, the next day I reported it again & the clerk was unsure why maintenance didn’t come fix the AC, she offered us a fan!!!! O sweet Jesus!!!!! I then proceeded to explain to her that we had small children & that her response was unacceptable, then she changed our room.. we checked out days early & cut our family vacation short... SMH

I did like the bed.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It didn't have a very good location and parking was minimal. The only way back into the building was through the main entrance. You could not use your key card to get back in through side entrances. I wasn't pleased with the spa jacuzzi. It didn't have jets that bubbled up the water. It just had holes that splashed the water all over the place.

I did like the bed. It was confortable. My room was clean. The swimming pool area was nice.

Would stay here again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The food was alright but the dining area was a bit small. It felt very crowded no matter what time we went down. Also it would've been nice to have a 2nd elevator.

I like that the doors closed later at night. It made us feel secure and safe. The pool and hot tub were nice. The room was clean and the ac worked great! We liked that we could walk to dinner at chili's and target was close when we ran low on diapers for our baby.

The location was really great, lots of restaurants and...

Smelled liked weed a lot, we could always smell it right outside of our bedroom windows. All staff would smoke cigarettes right below our room so we could always smell it.

The location was really great, lots of restaurants and stores close by.

Great!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything off hand.

My husband and I have severe allergies, especially to perfumes, scents, etc. We requested no air "fresheners", carpet "fresheners" etc. (Nothing with any perfume scent.) The room did NOT smell perfumey when we walked in. The staff went the extra mile for us, rewashing sheets and pillowcases in hot water only, to get rid of odor from scented detergents. We very much appreciated the extra effort for our comfort.

Clean rooms, awesome staff!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We left another local hotel because we had booked it not knowing it was dirty and had poor management. We made the reservation at 1:30am, they had an available room and let us check in early. It was so nice being able to redeem our vacation. WOULD absolutely recommend!!

Great place to stay

The breakfast could use a little bit of improvement. The sausage tasted like cardboard.

Great location, close to the zoo and other great activites!! The stay was very quiet and peaceful.

We enjoyed our time here, but would probably not stay so near to constantly busy traffic.

A huge bus came late at night and there wasn't any parking or turn around for it so it backed up with his slow beeping noise and woke everyone up on this side of the hotel. Perhaps a sign should be put up when parking is full. You also had to turn on your fan to keep the traffic noise down.

Good breakfast, but a little crowded. Staff was very cordial.

A nice relaxing getaway.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was great! Biscuits and gravy were surprisingly good! My daughter's loved the pool, which has a great indoor view of Pikes Peak to your northwest. Staff was friendly and they kept it clean. Best part! They are genuinely dog friendly! We were there for 10 days and I have no complaints and will likely revisit and stay again!

Staff was super friendly and helpful.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Accommodated us with last minute booking. Cat and dog friendly which seemed to be difficult to find in the Colorado Springs area.

Decent Place - but call ahead

Arrived at 0830PM and no one at the front desk and the door was locked. No one answered the phone. Had to wait almost 30 minutes until someone came to open the door. VERY UNACCEPTABLE, especially after 24 hours on the road.

good location just off I-25

The room was small but nice.

The beds were hard. They advertise as pet friendly (which is why we chose here) but they charged us $30 when we arrived for pets.

The room was small but nice. The lobby area was very nice. They advertise as being pet friendly. They have a potty area for pets. I didn't like paying and extra $30 for a pet.

Great for the price
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing to complain about it was a nice stay.

For the price you can’t beat this place. It was a little out dated but it has some upgrades as well. For my family and pets this place was great had a small dog potty area right out side. Their staff was super nice, always asking if we needed anything.

Not real comfortable but we had a place to sleep
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Tv didn’t work. Had to move rooms and the the power went out. Power outage wasn’t the hotels fault but we ended up moving rooms for nothing

It is clean. They have an indoor pool

Enjoyed our stay visiting family and the attractions
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Maybe more of a variety with breakfast options would be nicer.

Good location to get to attractions, Fort Carson, family close by. Housekeeping is super friendly and provided good service. Everyone there was friendly.

The staff was great, the facility itself was clean and in...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was nice however small and the tub could have used an update.

The staff was great, the facility itself was clean and in good condition, our room was clean and furniture in nice condition, it was nice to be able to do our dirty laundry and the pool and hot tub were clean...pool was decent size so was able to swim laps easily.

Loved the area. It's very clean and beautiful. Easy to travel to activities.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too small beds and very uncomfortable. Furniture is outdated and looks worn.

Staff was friendly and helpful, also knowledgeable about surrounding area. Hotels rooms are old and outdated

Our 3 nights stay was good and convenient to all attractions we wanted to see there!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

we did not like the motorcycle noises heard all night long from our bedroom that was coming from the street located so close to hotel, had to buy ear plugs, other than that all good.

we spent 3 nights there and the bed was comfortable, all was clean and nicely decorated with plenty of plugs....it met our expectation.

Look elsewhere first
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking lot needs more lighting, overall hotel needs updating, room door didn't open/close easily, bathroom needed caulking, breakfast was okay, lots of panhandlers on and near property.

Location to surrounding attractions was a plus, friendly staff, close highway access

Everything else was ok, except we cannot go out and replace what was stolen!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact some of our clothing was stolen, that we accidentally left, by the cleaning staff!!!!!

The room was nice and clean, the breakfast was ok. The staff was friendly and helpful, but here is the huge disappointment. After we got home we discovered we left clothing in the closet, two cardigan sweaters and two shirts. I called immediately, the girl at the desk checked and said nothing was left in the room, I insisted there was, she said she would check again and call me back, she did, she said she had checked the closet herself. I know without a doubt, the clothing was stolen!!!!! by the cleaning staff!!! the rest of the staff was fine. I guess those cleaning people need the clothes worse than I did, I hope they enjoy!!!!!!!!

Very very clean and comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They were short staffed, the sink was plugged up and the tv channels and service weren't very good.

Very very clean and comfortable. Internet speed was great. But, each time having to sign in when we went somewhere was a pain.

They have been so accommodating I live in Florida and my...

They have been so accommodating I live in Florida and my flight was cancelled, I was so upset because my family was all at home and it is not known when I can get home. This facility worked with me & gave me the promotional rate that I got with booking.com. Even though the hotel is sold out for an event this week they have given me a room. God Bless this place!

Great start to an American holiday!

The rooms are looking a bit tired and is in need of some refurbishment.

The location was good, but a little hard to find as it is slightly set back from the main road. The quick waffle style breakfast was good.

Perfect location for me while visiting friends and wonderful...

Perfect location for me while visiting friends and wonderful staff. All were very nice, easy to talk to and helpful. Defiantly will recommend and WILL be staying again in the future.

Pay an extra $15 a night and stay at the Holiday Inn Express or Fairfield Inn.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The place smelled like a nursing home. The bed was old and you could feel springs poking through the mattress. There was no vent cover on the HVAC unit so we had to barricade it from our kid. The front desk staff seemed burned out and indifferent. The surrounding neighborhood was ghetto and there was only an iron bar fence on one end so the friendly neighborhood folk could easily take an inventory of all the possible vehicles to break into, under the cover of the poor exterior lighting. The luggage carts were as old as the hotel, making it especially difficult to maneuver in and out of the shoebox of an elevator.

The air conditioner worked.

Extremely disappointed for the amount of money we were charged for a room at this hotel.

Too noisy in the room (air conditioner, refrigerator..), way too loud to have a good and relaxed sleep!! Could hear everything next door. The noise level at this hotel is too high!! The shower drain was clogged. Had to put an object into the drainage to let let the water go through, before somebody came and fixed it. Also the recommendations by the hotel staff (i.e. manager) for restaurants in the area that had good food were very disappointing. Absolutely terrible recommendations. In addition, the breakfast at this hotel was horrible. Had to go out every morning to get breakfast someplace else. I want my money back that was paid for this nightmare experience!

The breakfast was delicious.

The carpet needed shampooing as my feet were soiled after walking bare foot in the room.

The breakfast was delicious. The air-conditioner was leaking. The nice young man fixed it. It needed vacuuming. Housekeeping was very generous with towels and supplies.

The bed was so comfortable, great nights sleep!

It would have been nice if the bathroom vent wouldn't blow so loudly when the light was switched on. It was definitely noise pollution! Maybe another switch for this feature would work better?

The bed was so comfortable, great nights sleep! Open, airy room to move around. Liked that the bathroom had a nightlight (so many facilities don't even think of this value). Loved the choice of TV channels and cable reception. Breakfast in the morning was the best on our vacation. The view of the mountains from our room was fantastic!

This is how all motels should be

This is how it is su]osed to be done. The service and facility and amenities and all were just exactly what is a good model for all motels. Perfect.

There was a hand hold bar in the middle of the...

There was a hand hold bar in the middle of the tub/shower that I would bang my elbow on while showering. The tub was small, as was the entire bathroom. The size of the room was comfortable, and clean. The staff were friendly and nice. Overall stay was good.

Hotel clean, location fair, process of admitting guests after 10 pm, poor customer service

Front door locked after 10 so that guests had to ring then wait until staff returned to desk to respond. Female desk staff was less than welcoming,"use you key card", when guest said he wanted a room."do you have a reservation?" If no, "the price tonight is $159" all this while guest (one elderly woman later a mother with small child and baby)were made to stans outside main door. Tone of staff poor. Acting as if she was'King of the hill'

House keeping staff pleasant and room clean.

Pleasant stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are in need of updating, we got there early and had to pay $15 dollars to check in never had to pay to check in early before.

Hotel was easy to find, clean rooms, beds were comfortable, good sized pool, breakfast was good. Hotel was close to restraunts for evening meal

The rooms need updated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms need updated. Mattress was so warm out that I slept on springs. Nasal secretions smeared on the wall above the nightstand. This hotel needs a makeover. Not worth $141. Only good thing about it, close to the concert venue. I will never stay here again. I refund would be nice

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Jennifer did great job as reservation manager.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hot tub was being cleaned or emptied three mornings when I wished to use it between 8/9 am. Why can't maintenance be completed end of the night?

Jennifer did great job as reservation manager. She took great care to correct and coordinate the terrible job by Booking.com which failed to make our room reservation despite processing the charge payment. Jennifer was a professional life saver.

Nice place to stay with pet!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Size of beds, and bathroom fan turned on whenever you turn the light on. Pet exercise area was small and didn't have any grass.

Cleanliness throughout the facility. Water fountain with water bottle spout. Great front seat service!

Look south!

One of the worst for area go one block south and multiple new hotels for same price. Property is old and poreley maintained. Saw homeless people sleeping in lot.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Excellent stay for the value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast options were very basic and there were some fresh options like sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles and boiled eggs. Although I have seen breakfast bars with more options, this was excellent and the staff was very on top of keeping items stocked and full.

The rooms may not have the amenities of higher priced hotels but the pool was warm, the rooms were clean, staff was attentive and accommodating. Access to the rooms

Meh...

Bed a bit stiff. No thermostat for heater/ac unit, so you can't just dial up a certain temperature for it to maintain. Bathroom needs a facelift. We were on the side of the hotel as the main street, so the traffic noise was noticeable.

The location was close to where we needed to be. Price was reasonable. Had indoor pool and hot tub.

Had a great time, the location was close to everything...awesome

No clock in the room! And my reservation was not in there system at all, luckily I brought along my tablet with my reservation number or we would have been in a real bind!

The room was spacious super nice bed mini fridge, microwave everything

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Not a luxury hotel, however, for the price and location it was fantastic

Bed was a little uncomfortable but at the end of a long day, it still felt great to rest my head.

Housekeeping did an excellent job of restocking toilitries and keeping the hotel clean.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Excellent location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows were a bit too soft for me, so I would suggest you have to option for both in your rooms.

Excellent location. Hot and cold breakfast. Comfy beds. Great value. Warm and helpful staff.

Great atmosphere.

From booking.Com to the check in, great friendly,reliable service. All our accommodation were met friendly atmosphere.very clean room 329 the location was great construction going on but that is not the fault of the motel. Plenty of places to eat. Movie theater etc.. all in walking distance. I will definitely be coming back.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Professionalism of front office manager makes stay wonderful

We had very noisy partying neighbors. After calling the front desk twice at 0100 and about 0300, we gave up. The night clerk did not handle the problem well, refusing to even come up to the room to speak with the occupants being loud.

Jennifer Kamberis, the front office manager, apologized and gave us an upgraded suite. She also reduced the price of our room significantly and gave us extra member points. Later she sent us a lovely card, apologizing again. Because of the way she expertly handled this issue, we have already booked a room there again. Besides this initial problem, everything else was wonderful...the room, the breakfast, the workout space, and Jennifer.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Over all our stay , was good !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet is a little worn out in our room & possibly needs cleaning

The friendly staff & the breakfast menu was great we also enjoyed the pool & hot tub!

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Comfortable, safe, convenient

Only dislike is the breakfast wasn't amazing. Bread/donuts a bit stale and eggs didn't taste right.

Room was in great condition, very comfortable. Felt very safe and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Great service & food. Would book again.

Location was behind a row of businesses which always gives me security concerns but had no problems on this visit.

Hot breakfast was great. Eggs cooked fresh and not under the heat lamp like most places.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Good Stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A second dresser would have been nice ( two related adults) No plug by table & chairs to plug laptops in. (luckily we had brought a multi-plug cord with us).

Fairly quiet (on second floor) - appreciate elevator. We could keep room at a consistent temperature. Breakfast was decent...liked places at night stand to plug in phones to charge.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

It was a very memorable stay.

Would of liked to of had biscuits and gravy with sausage. Beds were not as comfy as could be.

Yes-eggs were fluffy. nice selection. The lady working kept it stocked very nicely.

Tiring

Breakfast was not fresh. Bath towels were more like hand towels.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. The location is central to all local attractions.

Overall happy with facility and accommodations
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Light needed badly by table- and bathroom shower mat was slippery. Also pool cloudy and jacuzzi jets too high! Thank you

Beds soft and room clean

Guest laundry room.

Guest laundry room. God location

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The room smelled a ton like cigarettes.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room smelled a ton like cigarettes.

We enjoyed it:-)
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great for them - many guests staying there. So it was completely overcrowded at Breakfast.

Great Pool, very big, surrounded by big windows...

Would definitely return and recommend!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was exceptionally friendly. Rooms were nice and breakfast was good.

Parking issues

There is not much parking, and extremely difficult when pulling a trailer.

Good, clean place, good breakfast to start your day
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were a little hard for my liking

Great location, kids loved the pool

This hotel is central to all the attractions plus you do get...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

This hotel is central to all the attractions plus you do get a beautiful scene of the mountains.

5.5
    Bed was bad.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was bad. Breakfast not up to par.

facilities are above average for area, good options for...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

laundry was inoperable as were 2 of 3 ice machines.

facilities are above average for area, good options for breakfast, good location and access.

See above

No hot water on monday, was told management would be in touch for compensation. Could not shower. Have Not been contacted yet

We would come back

Staff was very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Very nice pool & hot tub. Location was convenient for all of our sightseeing

Nice staff!

Nice staff!

Cleanliness n respectful staff

Cleanliness n respectful staff

Our stay was good overall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room could of had some better upkeep

The swimming pool was real nice.

There were a lot of stuff close by.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool water was cold.

There were a lot of stuff close by.

The location was great for us.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pillow and the breakfast.

The staff and the cleanliness.

Enjoyed our stay

The heater was too loud

Staff were very friendly

Came here with kids, our stay was lovely. Very clean, and plenty to do to keep kids entertained. I
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everyone is so nice. Very kid friendly.so much to do for entertainment.

It was a great place to visit. The staff was very friendly and accommodating! Highly recommend!

Traffic is a hindrance.

It was very clean and safe. Located close to everything.

5 stars

Very close to I-25 and great restaurants close by. And only a few miles to the nearest Wal-Mart. Fabulous customer service! Highly recommend.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They don't lock back doors.