Reviews of Pea Soup Andersen's Inn 2 stars

51 East Highway 246, Buellton, CA 93427, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in Buellton

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Happy to have a safe and clean place to stay 😉

Only a couple things - the chairs were extremely hard and unfortable after a short sitting time. Would have preferred softer sitting chairs that could have been used to read or watch tv, rather than sitting on the beds. Second, the walls don’t do well for quiet as there is too much noise especially the shower next door! Luckily there wasn’t much for us in the late or early hours.

Our room was cozy and clean. Plenty of storage and nice towels. Being in the back of the building we didn’t have to hear the traffic, which was nice. Only looked at the court yard area, but would be great for families or couples to spend time. Furniture out there looked nice too.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Enjoyed our overnight stay. Good value for the price. Would come again!

Glad that continental breakfast was included. The pastries were excellent! Enjoyed the outdoor seating area, putting green, etc. Good proximity to restaurant.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Would definitely recommend it and would stay again!

Not that it is a big deal but if you like a top floor there is not an elevator.

Bed very comfortable,room clean and a nice size. It was our anniversary and they had a bottle of wine and wine glasses set up on the table for us. Very nice to walk in a room to see that . The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Our stay

The Pea Anderson Soup restaurant. Not impressed but at least we can say we ate there once. The store inside was really nice though.

The room has all the comforts of home. Loved having a refrigerator and microwave. That continental breakfast in the morning was great! The AC worked great!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Convenient

Danish quality, just ok. How about fresh fruit or bagels? The restaurants building in poor shape. Upkeep keeps people coming back. Perception.

Early check in

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I want to bring my wife back soon for a couple of days.

I would have liked to had a comfortable reading chair in the room instead of having to sit on the bed with pillows behind me to read. That’s it! Everything else was excellent.

Friendly, helpful, very clean room beyond what I expected especially the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Considering the cost for one night was ok. Inn close to freeway made it convenient.

The room was clean but the pillows were not comfortable. Place is average no frills. Continental was just coffee and danish. Mary, the receptionist was cordial and nice.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay. Love the pea soup

We liked everything. No problems except the power went out for awhile. Not the hotels fault.

I liked the large size room and the balcony. I also liked the pretty gazebo with breakfast. Love the free cheese samples in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The room was very clean and comfortable.

The room was very clean and comfortable. I didn't expect anything fancy and I was happy with my stay. The location was very convenient for my needs and I like making a stop for split pea soup when I can. The breakfast was minimal but that's not a priority for me. I would come back

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Nice continental breakfast and help is lovely, excellent value!!

Just the bathroom and toiletries.

We were only there one night and it was clean and comfortable. The shower was poor as the knob that lets the water go to the shower head was broken. To be fair we had spent the night before at the Four Seasons in Westlake.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great for short stays where you won’t be in your room much.

Wasn’t crazy about the decor on the outside and the carpet on the inside seemed a bit worn.

Beds were comfortable. It was quiet. It had a pool and spa even though we were not there long enough to use it. Rooms were clean. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Beautiful property but they have bug problems.

We found a cockroach in our room and when we checked out and showed the front desk agent a video of it we got an attitude from the lady working there.

The property had a pool, spa, cornhole, and putting green. It was also nicely laid out and had a beautiful courtyard.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great location, very clean rooms, upgrades are excellent, I would highly recommend this establishmen

We did not get a lot of information about the amenities available to us, since we shared the fact that we had been to this establishment before with the desk clerk, maybe he thought that it was not necessary to share those details.

The upgrades to the facility are fantastic, the room was very clean and the pool was crystal clear, the desk clerk could have been a little more informative, but overall he was courteous and polite. The location was perfect for us, I will be recommending this establishment to our friends and family.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The location was convenient

I found a bug on my pillow the first night. When I woke up, I brought it to the office and the owner came to my hotel room approximately 15 minutes later to tell me it was a bed bug and they moved us to another room. I was disappointed that they didn’t comp are hotel stay. My mom and I had problems sleeping the next night. I didn’t ask for a discount, but was disappointed they didn’t offer one. Will not stay there again.

The location was convenient

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Good price for Labor Day Weekend.

The pool set up was a bit odd with the lounge chairs outside of the gated area. The free breakfast in the morning was a perk, however there weren't any choices that were gluten free. Some fruit or yogurt would have been nice.

Location is excellent. The pool was clean. The rooms were clean, as well. Would stay here again. Good value for the money if you're in the area.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Cheap place to stay near Solvang. Suitable for truckers and larger/tour groups, not for couples.

The room was quite warm, even with open windows. No safety lock on slider so could not keep open for crossbreeze due to being on first floor. AC unit was very noisy. Truckers sat in the parking lot talking late into the night, and a tour bus outside idled for about half an hour outside our window in the morning.

Visiting Solvang for a golf tournament. Hotel was chosen by others in the group, primarily for value. Hotels in Solvang town were more expensive. Room was quite large.

Not a lot of sleep

That the room patios we’re surrounding pool. Also what is the point of blackout curtains if you are going to have open windows with no citation that lets in the street lamp ligh in?? Stupid. That window above the sink so unnecessary. At least the bathroom you can close trhr door

The pool and the floaties.

All it lacked was a reading chair.

Ground floor patio opens right onto the pool, very little privacy. Next time I'll simply request a 2nd floor room. There was no easy chair in the room, where there clearly was space for one. When I called the front desk to ask if it was missing, I was told simply that the rooms don't have chairs like that. I like to read and don't want to have to sit in a dining chair or bed when in the room reading, watching TV or talking with friends.

Despite my wishing it had a sitting chair, I loved my room. It was spacious. And absolutely immaculate! Comfy. Nicely upgraded furniture and bathroom fixtures. Pleasing decor, muted colors. Handy location. Wonderful food and service in the restaurant. Nice sized unobtrusive TV. I slept like a rock. Oh, and wonderful pastries at the free continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

finally a nice, friendly, clean, well run motel, close to Solvang

Air/con did not work properly. It was a hot day and with a/c at the max, it was still around 88F in the room. It cools down in the evening so you may not need a/c at night.

Finally a nicely managed american motel. Much better than than almost all others. Staff: great friendly people. Excellent. I felt safe and and in good hands. A real nice feeling after trying the usual pathetic, dirty and unsafe american motels. I had the pool for myself. And the hot tub too.

Great, comfortable, clean room and a very good price.

The water pressure seemed a little low, but plenty of hot water. Will bring my own little fan, but had enough circulation in the room with the back slider (screen locks) open.

The room was very clean and fresh. It had a microwave and refrigerator, which was nice. The coffee pot in the room made good coffee. I like to sleep with a breeze, so if I stay again, I will bring a little fan. I did leave the sliding door open since the screen had a lock.

25th Anniversary get-away!

The location was excellent, we took advantage and drove to Pismo, and Santa Barbara, we also walked to local restuarants. The room was cozy and spacious, and the access to the pool from our sliding door was great! We enjoyed our stay!

Excellent stay

Breakfast could have a little more options , it has mostly sweet things

Large rooms with ample storage space. Have a nice place for resting with golf and fire place. Hotel is in excellent location in b/w solvang and santa barbara

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

This is a great location to stop and stay for not only the location but Also for the comfort.

The tv is in need of an update and the lamp would work here and there.

For starters it’s a motel but compared to other motels I have been too this one was definitely the best. The staff in the front was friendly and helpful and gave us information on more activities that could be done in the area or to travel. The small breakfast in the morning wasn’t anything to write home about but it was a great addition to have in the morning. When room service cleans the room, they clean extremely well.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Too outdated for $100 per night

It is sort of dated. Walls are thin, you hear the neighbors well. When you talk the room echoes. A/C is kind of hard to control. Window above the closet shines into the bedroom. Not worth $100 per night.

Everything else was fine. Breakfast is in the gazebo, fruit danishes yum! There's lawn bowling too.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Lovely airy hotel beautifully clean and kept well with heated pool. Ideal for an overnight stay.

The restaurant next door was expensive and the pea soup not great..

Big spacious room with airy atmosphere. The guest laundry was fantastically well equipped with plenty of washer/dryer space and availability.

Good value for the money.

A large group was there at the same time and had control of the pool and surrounding areas. Felt crowded not relaxing .

Good value for the money. Close to Solvang and restaurants.

Oh Mamma Mia!

Room 226 awesome. Fridge freezer micro coffee maker hair dryer. Iron extra pillow all clean in room no special requests needed. Table. Cable tv good. Although got snowy when turned too far one way. Love all the extra towels and freebies. Uses the finesse skin/hair line. Bed is soft. I like, but lil too soft for my mom who slept in other bed. I love option to either leave windows open or let A/C go all night. Room next door 227 (more family) said gas station lights from across the street shone brightly thru window so by the time window open but needed to close the heavy drapes to block out light, the fresh air wasn’t felt. But other than that overall it was fabulous. We always stay here after a night at a PCPA performance. Makes the little getaway feel like a retreat.

Overall pretty good though

Didn't know where the bean bags were for the corn hole game or putters and golf balls to play. Outdoor patio was covered in the morning and not ready for customers to enjoy.

I liked the facility and the location. Being able to eat next door, Solvang not far away, and wineries a short drive away were all nice.

It was a nice place to stay. But better yet Bookings got me the last room with 2 queen size beds.

The Spa was filled with other Inn Guests and I was unable to get a hit water spa with soothing jets to help relieve my ache in lower back caused by a recent muscle strain. But It’s not the Inn’s fault that a lot of guests had the same Idea as me. Just sooner.

Our golf tournament group that we help form over it 30 Anniversary was book at this Inn and we wanted to be at the same hotel. Bookings thanks for making happening.

Clean and convenient place to stay In Bueltton

The bed and linens are very nice and comfortable. Lots of parking. Was very quiet. I’ve stayed here several times, and will continue to do so in the future. It’s very conveniently located to several great wine tasting areas and some fabulous restaurants. Easy access from the 101. A heated pool and Jacuzzi that is always nice after a day of running around.

As soon as I walked into the lobby I was greeted with a...

the pillows weren’t all that, they were lumpy but other then that everything else was great

As soon as I walked into the lobby I was greeted with a smile, the little breakfast was amazing, they have a pool, and little games outside!!! It was the best place I’ve ever stayed!!!! There are so many places around that are walking distance, the room was clean the staff was friendly!!!!

Will definitely stay there again....

Hmmm, maybe add cold cereal to your continental breakfast...

Everything was nice, but I think I loved how comfortable the bed was, the sheets and bedding were soft.... got my much needed rest! Definitely worth my money!

rooms were clean and approved by all of us 4 women staying...

rooms were clean and approved by all of us 4 women staying in the room. The coffee and pastries were a great start for our morning. The pool, Jacuzzi and grounds were clean. I will definitely stay here again. Staff was friendly and pleasant.

It was great!

I really enjoyed my stay.

Room was clean and big. Continental breakfast was good. It was close to attractions. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Good place to break up a road trip from S.F. to L.A.

Walls and ceiling were a bit too thin. We heard the voices next door and footsteps from the room upstairs.

Convenient location in-between San Francisco and Los Angeles in a quiet, pretty place.

Amazingly relaxing enjoyed our stay.

Nothing the staff, and hotel was excellent.

Everything the only upsetting thing was we left all morning hoping to come to a clean room and it wasn’t cleaned. They told us they were still cleaning and it was already 3 p.m.

For the money, I’d expect more, continental breakfast or...

For the money, I’d expect more, continental breakfast or something more than coffee and dry danish (which half of America won’t touch). Rooms basic, and paper thin walls and floors. I heard every step and move from the room above and the guy snoring next door. Had to put ear plugs in at midnight just to try to sleep. And had to turn off the old air/fan unit because it was so loud. Time for a remodel. Next time I’ll stay in solvang for the money.

A great value and very convenient location to area attractions.

It would have been nice to have more choices at breakfast. Juices, and cold cereal, and fresh fruit at a minimum. Some hot items like eggs, breakfast meat, pancakes, etc would be a nice bonus.

I like a noon checkout, and the fact that when I arrived at 2 am, I didn't need to register through a window. The room was very comfortable with a very clean bathroom, and really nice bed linens.

We Always Look forward to our stay at Anderson's.

When it was time to drive away, North or South.

We Always stay at Pea Soup Anderson Inn, when ever we drive to San Francisco from San Diego we spent the night and on our way home we spend another night. We Love Anderson's the staff are always so nice, the Rooms, Pool and Grounds are always spotless. Not to mention the Fresh Danish and other Breakfast Goodies!

Easy freeway and Solvang access.

Beds were not comfortable. Had to sleep in the middle of the bed so I wouldn't roll off. Same with the other bed. My roommate went to use the extra blanket and dirt came out of the folds. Also, dirt in the corners of the bathroom.

Easy freeway and Solvang access. Decorated nicely.

We loved it here! We have stayed before and will definitely come back!

The only minor complaint was the shower was very small. And the tv was small (not comparable to the room size. The remote didn’t work very well.

Beautiful facility, very clean. Friendly and efficient staff. Loved that the rooms each have their own semi private balcony and pool views. Very quiet. Lovely spread for the free breakfast.

Everything was very good, except.

The air conditioner!!

Everything was very good, except...... the old A/C unit in the bedroom. It was like a jet engine. To be honest, it ruined 5he stay - absolutely zero sleep.

Loved Pea Soup Andersen's! Wouldn't stay anywhere else if we come back to Buellton!

Rooms are not necessarily modern, but they are clean and roomy.

The ground floor rooms opened directly into the courtyard where the pool and breakfast pavillion were. This was fantastic for the kids. (On this trip, we went to New York, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, so many places, and they said their favorite place was Pea Soup Andersens in Buellton! Because of the fantastic access to the pool ; ) My mom was in a second room, and though we were not able to get adjoining rooms (I forgot to request it), it was easy to go between the rooms through the sliding doors. The rooms are generously sized and housekeeping came every day. Wifi worked. I loved the Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant and the gift shop. There was always plenty of breakfast (muffins, danish, oatmeal, toast, coffee), and the breakfast area is very bright and cheerful. I liked having a fridge because I was able to buy fruit and yogurt and keep it there. (Albertsons is just a little walk away.) At the time we stayed, a lot of the guests were scientists from the NASA rocket launch in Vandenberg Air Force Base in May 2018. The rocket launch was at 4am. I really appreciated how they extended breakfast hours way past 10am (official end of breakfast hours) on the day of the launch, since so many of the guests were up all night. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Buellton : ) Oh.. and they have laundry facilities. A lifesaver for us!

Great price, but hotel can tend to be a little noisy when crowded. We were there Memorial weekend.

Thin walls.

Affordable versus competition. Some nice improvements since we last stayed there. Common area, showers, etc. But walls are very thin so hotel can be somewhat noisy.

It was close to Solvang where we wanted to go.

It was close to Solvang where we wanted to go. The breakfast that was Cereal, fruit, Danish or muffins with drinks. There was also a hot tub and swimming pull available. The room was really clean with nice closet space.

pay more to stay somewhere else.

The sheets smelled like someone else had already slept in them, the pillows smelled old, we could hear the people walking upstairs and the people having sex in the room adjacent, such that their knocking bed was felt through the wall. The crib was dirty, old and baby sheets were from the 70s. The pastries in the morning were super sweet and we're low quality. Disgusting on all fronts. Worst experience ever. I fwlt quite misled by the reviews in your website.

Good stopover motel for 101 travelers.

Used this facility as a stopover on our way back to the SF Bay Area from San Diego...easy access off Hyw 101. Not fancy but clean and well maintained. Enjoyed the hot tub after a long drive. Close to the quaint town of Solvang.

The location is good.

The breakfast is pretty simple, breads and coffee. You can hear the neighbors and upstairs’ sounds clearly. The air condition is super noisy

The location is good.

Overwhlemed!

Please, bigger screen televisions.

This locate continues to get better every time we stay here. Comfortable room and bed, Staff is excellent! Always, accommodating.

Great option for us to stay for 1 night before our race in...

Great option for us to stay for 1 night before our race in Solvang. Also, the proximity to the Andersen's restaurant was great! Otherwise, just your typical mid-price range hotel room.

The property was very clean!

The property was very clean! There was a nice pool and jacuzzi area and patio with fire pits and comfy furniture. There was also a corn hole game and putting green to play on

A very clean and nice room.

A very clean and nice room. The Inn is good located and easy to reach. Nice Pool and a good restaurant. Best Tip visit A&J Spurs down the road best steak in my entire life.

I expected it to be a typical travel motel, old fashioned. I was pleasantly surprised. The room lovely, modern, and clean. The pool/jacuzzi area was lively.

Just a great, clean, nice place that I look forward to stay at again and next time enjoy everything

Nothing bad to comment about

I was very impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the room. I had always seen the motel But never stayed. I was very impressed.

Great value for our overnight getaway!

Bed was super comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating getting in earlier than expected, they had a room available for us. It was great location to our event and had a nice pool.

This is our go to place to stay when we visit our daughter in Santa Barbara and relatives in Lompoc

We could hear our next door neighbor open and close their door whenever we were inside our room.

Convenience to cheap gas/freeway/CVS/Albertsons and Solvang.

Pleasant, welcoming surprise in a very convenient location

Really nothing to complain about. Pleasantly surprised after a long tiring drive- will stop here again!

Stopped here on a whim (who isn't curious about the pea soup?!) and so glad we did. Really spacious, clean & updated room, nice sliding doors into inner courtyard for breakfast or lounging. Fridge & microwave tucked in nice cabinet. Felt like an upscale chain hotel room. Convenient parking at the door. Short walk to the fabulous pea soup restaurant, bakery, & memorabilia shop. Restaurant building has a retro-vibe back to Route 66 days with the family when I was a kid on our road trips. Really good comfort food, friendly service. Breakfast pastries in the morning, nice continental breakfast in the courtyard pergola. Helpful staff. Just minutes from Solvang without the crowds. A great find & good value just off 101 between SFO & LA.

Would return.

Musty smell in room and room entry doors too close together. It sounded like someone was coming into our room.

Closeness to restaurants and breakfast Danish.

We toured California for 3 weeks, so Pea Soup was one of...

We toured California for 3 weeks, so Pea Soup was one of many hotels that we stayed at. Compared to the hotels affiliated with some major chains, I found little things that said that this privately owned facility was pinching pennies. I missed not having any facial tissues which every other hotel routinely had in their rooms. They did not supply a breakfast of any kind, yet the cost for the room was actually higher than nearly all of the others which had breakfast provided. While the location is conveniently located off Highway 101, they are not really close to any major attractions which would justify a higher rate compared to the ones we stayed at near major destinations such as the beaches or National Parks. The staff did do their jobs well, but so did the competitive hotels we stayed at.

Overall good.

Everything was basic & standard. Over priced for this and in the future would look for another place with more amenities to justify the cost

Friendly & professional staff

Nice clean room

They give 10% off coupon to eat at split pea Anderson restaurant food wasn’t to good eat at Ma Hubbard’s around the corner it’s very good

Very clean room Marybell in the breakfast room was very helpful and friendly

On our last night they gave someone else our room.

On our last night they gave someone else our room. the other person had the key and came in I was glad we had the chain on the door. I called down and was told there was a mix-up and they were sorry it still bothered

Don't have high expectations for the breakfast.

Don't have high expectations for the breakfast. Could have done with some more healthy stuff like yoghurt or some fruit, which I've seen in other places that offer this kind of free breakfast.

An inexpensive stop just off the highway. Clean, but wifi poor and walls are thin.

Walls are thin! I could hear every thing the upstairs guests were saying until midnight. They had loud voices but were not yelling. There was noise from the room beside also. The wifi did not connect. The continental breakfast was breads only.

Check in was fast and friendly. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

I will gladly come back again

it had nothing to do with the room or staff, but the guest upstairs was up late and walk around a lot with heavy feet.

Looks like rooms were upgraded. Spacious modern and clean.

We would definitely stay there again!

The staff was very friendly, room was clean and big. Great location (next to Anderson’s Pea Soup restaurant and 8 min. drive to Solvang). Great value for your money! We would definitely stay there again.

Clean rooms

Noise neighbors. The insulation isn't very thick...you can hear everything that goes on in the upstairs room. If you're a light sleeper I would suggest staying in the upper floor.

Clean rooms

Excellent would return again

Very helpful staff had difficulty with computer getting access to send report to employment they assisted and report sent very appreciated very nice breakfast set up

Over all, it was pleasant.

A little sound-proof would be nice. I could hear the foot steps of neighboring rooms and the banging of their sliding door to the outside patio. The front desk said she emailed me my receipt but, to this date I haven't gotten it.

Too bad we woke up late each day and didn't have time to eat breakfast.

Overall a great place to stay for the money!

The bed was a little stiff but still comfortable, the toilets are a little outdated and need to be upgraded.

Staff was very nice at the front desk. The room was clean and bug free and had a table to put a laptop on as well as a TV, air conditioner, small refrigerator, hair dryer and ironing board. Shower had hot water and had a tub built in for taking baths as well. Overall a great deal for the money.

Excellent... Thank you!!!

The staff was very friendly.. our daughter and family had the room next door to us and while we hadn’t checked in yet, our daughter wanted to use our room to dry her hair as her twin babies were napping and didn’t want to wake them with noise of the dryer. So the staff allowed her to use our room to dry her hair.. We all thank him greatly for that.. Those of you with babies would understand... if you wake a sleeping baby, especially when you have 2....it’s sometime not so fun!!!

This hotel for the price is well worth it.

This hotel for the price is well worth it. It is 3 miles to Solvang. The room is very basic bit is clean and bed was comfortable. The breakfast room is nice but limited options, bread or toast, assorted Danish pastries, coffee, tea, oj, and cranberry juice. The hotel room has a mini refrigerator and a mini microwave. Note there is a big step to get into breakfast room, and hotel has 2 floors and no elevator.

Absolutely happy

Continental breakfast would have been nice. Lol!

Great location, close to everything. Super clean and comfy. Our key didn’t work the first time but the guy at the front desk took care of it right away. Beds are actually not nice. Not like other places where I stayed before.

Excellent large room, great value!

The room was much larger than most rooms I have stayed in for the price I paid. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large enough that you didn't feel like you were in a closet.

Great stay

The swimming pool were heated, we went at 9pm and we had the pool all to ourselves. There is a jacuzzi right next to the swimming pool. There is a chain restaurant called pea soup Anderson’s next to the hotel, as a hotel guest we got 10% off the menu