Reviews of Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites 3 stars

1450 East F Street, Oakdale, CA 95361, USA

#1 of 5 hotels in Oakdale

Fair

The hotel is old and bit out dated. I think it was over-priced for that area by far. Nothing any good was open for food. Lost my keys but no one helped. Other than that is was just OK.

The staff was so pleasant and helpful. Really liked them. The room was clean and fair but not for the price. Just stayed in a 4 star hotel for $130 with tax and it was exquisite!

Everything was great: room is lovely and big, bathroom was...
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything was great: room is lovely and big, bathroom was modern and full equipped, the indoor-pool was clean and plenty of towels and the breakfast was complete. 100% recommendable. Good option if you are going to or coming back from Yosemite National Park.

The big room and two big beds are comfortable for family...

The big room and two big beds are comfortable for family travel. Location great away from Yosemite, easy to find place to eat within walking distance. Breakfast also good.

Luxury relief on a long road trip
    • King Room with Hot Tub

Amazing rooms pool is smaller than the picture but still more than adequate for a dip, it's nice to have it indoor too. Our room had a jacuzzi right next to the bed wich is a funny experience. Would stay longer if we could.

Nice hotel on the way to the Yosemite Park.

Average breakfast. There was a problem with booking by booking.com, because only one from two the same reservations was confirmed. It is not a hotel mistake I think, there was something wrong in communication between systems of booking.com and the hotel. Though the case was solved very well by booking.com and the hotel.

Very nice and helpfull staff. Clean rooms. Very good place to stay on the way to the Yosemite Park. Close to restarants and grocery market.

Sofa bed in family rooms are not comfortable
    • Deluxe Suite with Sofa Bed

Family rooms for 5 or 6 have sofa bed, which is not comfortable at all!! It is a bit noisy when the room windows are on the main street.

Clean. Nice swimming pool with spa and sauna. Good breakfast.

Clean and remodeled facilities, conveniently located on the...
    • Deluxe Suite with Sofa Bed

Clean and remodeled facilities, conveniently located on the main road in oakdale, this hotel was perfect for our one night stop on the way. Rooms are very spacious, ideal for families

I restroom towels were stain made me feel they were dirty...

I restroom towels were stain made me feel they were dirty and I found a blonde hair in my towel I have brown hair made me feel the place wasn’t so clean with there restroom

Clean and comfortable room.

Read above. Front desk people

Clean and comfortable room. Too much road noise. Front desk people could be more accommodating and upbeat. When I arrived I had to wait for the lady to come out of the office. She seen me but didn’t say anything and took her time. Was given different information about early check in from front desk people. Was told room would be ready by 2 and they would call me since we were there for a wedding there were a lot of others who checked in the night before so I told them I would wait in another room They never called so I waited until almost 3 then I had to go downstairs and check and the room was ready.

Very frustrating
    • King Room with Hot Tub

Staff are rude on all shifts got to the hotel 1 1/2 hours before 3:00pm was told leave and come back after 3:00pm or I will be charged an early check in fee asked to speak with manager he said she's not here I asked if I could cancel he said no no same day cancellation you will be charged the full amount you only cancel up to 4:00pm the day before and you will be charged 50% of your invoice... So I Came back after 4:00pm another staff member was arguing with another customer about her being charged for something she didn't know about and it's not Best Westerns policy all the staff member said was that's the managers rules and she's the owner so she can do whatever she wants she doesn't have to go by Best Westerns policy... Then the another customer in front of me wanted to check room rates and she looked them up and told him she had two rooms left he said he wanted to check the other hotels in town she said well I can't hold a room you have to make a reservation so he said ok I'll make the reservation and I'll come back and cancel if I find another hotel and started to book the reservation... I said your not going to tell him if he books the room and comes back to cancel you will charge him 50% of that invoice which was for 3 nights .. So she said well yes if you book it and come back and cancel it would be 50% cancellation fee then I said it's after four so he wouldn't be able to cancel she said yes you have to cancel by four the day before the stay ... This hotel is very deceiving and would have no problem scamming a person out of money ...

Good choice for a business visit.
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Just Details-- a corner of the wall paper in the bathroom was peeling, two wads of very dried hair were left in the pool area, the remote was not responsive and had to be pushed hard to change channels on the TV.

The pool was small as i expected, but it was heated and met my needs. the room was large and clean. the bed was comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was great.

I didn't like the fact that when I walked in my room the door was wide open 2 pillows on one bed didn't have pillow cases. The floor in the bathroom was dirty and had a hairtie on the floor. When I talked to the front desk about this issue, it took almost an hour for them to bring us pillow cases and we had to put them on ourselves and no one ever cleaned the bathroom floor. Also there was a hole in the wall filled with paper towels by the first bed in the room so just to make sure we didn't get charged for it we had to call and tell the front desk about it. I never got a discount or anything for any of this either.

The breakfast was great..

I will never book at this place in Oakdale again.
    • King Room with Hot Tub

The entire booking after I took my shower. The Jacuzzi moter was burned out, and inside of the tub did not seem cleaned. I arrived at 9pm, showered-and went to bed, left at 4am. Some of these were the photos I took of the place before I showered, then after the shower, there are the photos of the nasty hair on the wall in the shower....clearly, I am not a blonde, and the is long blonde hair. I am a red head, and my partner has short brown hair. I was appalled.

There was blonde hair, a lot stuck to the walls in my shower, I was disgusted. I called the front counter and she said her boss was out of the country she will notate my account.

Do not recommend for this money. Wouldn't go there even for free now.

Hotel is too old and tired to be in business, so many noises around spoil the impression immediately upon arrival, one room even had smell of weed - a dubious advantage if you came to work. Bed linen is really over bleached - it took a week to get rid of the rash all over the body. Internet connection was not stable, every time asked me for pin - probably I had too many devices.

Staff was really friendly (what else they can do). I you have time for sauna or covered pool - it can smooth out the impression of the hotel. Many fast food restaurants around.

- Sauna.

- Sauna. inside swimming pool - great breakfast - good wifi - the guy from the reception was very helpful when we had a problem with our room, even though we were pretty mean to him and my boyfriend scared the hell out of him with his hysterics (and he didn't even understand him...)

Nice

Lights going out in the bathroom after a few minutes! Was in the bath and the lights went out. Was not happy at the time.

Very clean lovely facilities nice breakfast selection.

Ok for an overnight stop before Yosemite.

The coffee machine was in the bathroom! No kettle and therefore no tea! Room a bit tired. Breakfast minimalistic. Hot food was lukewarm at best.

Convenience of location. Small but ok pool. Local eating places. Within easy walk.

Decent place to stay if you plan to eat breakfast outside

Toilet kept not flushing properly. Eggs in morning had funny metallic taste--couldn't eat them. Hard-boiled eggs would have been better. All the cereal and yogurt appeared to have sugar--some unsweetened oatmeal and plain yogurt would have been nice. Single-serve packages of soymilk would have been awesome.

Location was good--good stopover point en route to Yosemite.

Outdoor and indoor pools great.

The internet was not working. We had to go to Starbucks....

Outdoor and indoor pools great. Good place to relax after hiking in Yosemite. Breakfast good.

Mostly very good

It was very noisy. Our room was next to the housemaids room. Also we had someone in the room above walking about their room all night. Being a purpose built building we would have thought quietness would have been a priority

The room was clean and comfortable and member of staff at reception very friendly

Pleasant, good stop over location

It would have been nice to have proper cutlery and plates for breakfast rather than paper and plastic. Also not too pleasant to have to look at the bin while it was emptied which happened while we were eating breakfast. Breakfast was fine otherwise, not a huge spread as in some places but fine. It was just the 'fast food' aspect that let the hotel down a bit.

The hotel was in a pleasant small town on route from the San Francisco Bay area to Yosemite. It was easy to find, was comfortable and had a nice, though not big, pool which I had to myself for a swim before breakfast. This was much better value than a similarly priced motel we stayed in in Jackson Wyoming where the room was much smaller, less comfortable and there was no breakfast included.

Great breakfast with hot eggs and bacon and everything else.
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed was nice and firm for my husband, but hard on my arthritic hips so I slept on top of the comforter.

Great breakfast with hot eggs and bacon and everything else. Room was nice, clean and big. Great staff. Really nice indoor heated pool.

Best in Oakdale-was a sold out property

Hot breakfast with eggs and sausage was good. But only bananas for fresh fruit. Rooms appear recently remodeled but they forgot to replace the noisey bath fan. Patsy at the desk had great recommendations for dinner!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The facility is newly updated.
    • King Room with Hot Tub

The facility is newly updated. Nice indoor pool and spa with a large sauna. Nice workout room. Easy access to major highways. The staff was very accommodating, answered all the questions I had. This will be our new getaway spot for sure. Nice little town with a old time feel to it.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Beds, breakfast and swimming..Best of the Best!!!

`

We were pleasantly surprised by the rooms we had with 2 queen beds and a hide away couch bed. The beds were so comfy. The two TVs were a hit!!! So cool! We loved that there was a mini kitchen with a microwave and frig. We all loved the cutesy folded towels in the bathroom. We had several friends and family staying in other rooms for that night. We were all in town for my sister's 50th birthday party at the rodeo grounds and every one of us walked safely to the hotel after the party. Our favorite part was seeing all of our friends and family for the delicious breakfast variety and then for a family swim party before we left. We will recommend this Best Western to others and we'll absolutely want to stay there again. I called the hotel this morning and said all of these things to the front desk manager. Thank you kindly.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• King Room with Hot Tub

Loud. I could hear every car on the highway. Every person in the hall like they where in my room, and it sounded like water was rushing between the walls every time someone would turn on the water.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Nice place in oakdale

Maybe on weekends breakfast can last til 10 am... it's nice to sleep in when the kids do..

I like that the pool was in door and heated... there could have been more towels in the pool area.. we had to ask.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Good for a nights stay
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The cockroach in the bathroom! The guy on the front desk asked if it was a grasshopper........know the difference!

Near to the center of Oakdale. Spacious room.Clean

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Great choice for Oakdale!!

Can't think of anything😊

Clean, updated, comfortable bed, refrigerator, microwave, extra chairs, great bathroom with extra towels & makeup mirror, lt was a pleasant stay. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

What an amazing surprise!

What an amazing surprise! Greeted by super friendly staff upon arrival and throughout. Clean and modern feel to the rooms. Amazing breakfast that left my kids wanting to stay longer! Great value overall!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great place to stay
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The lady at check-in was so polite and friendly it was my son's wedding and she made sure we were well taking care of and the breakfast was great we will stay there when ever in town again

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The staff was extremely polite, rooms very clean and comfy,...
    • King Room with Hot Tub

Nothing it was a perfect stay.

The staff was extremely polite, rooms very clean and comfy, large bed in the rooms with jetted tub in the room perfect for a romantic weekend away. Had lots of fun here. Secound visit for us and won't be the last. breakfast was good usual stuff like waffles, scramble eggs, bacon, yoghurts etc got 15% off cold stones icecream which is just over the road.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

EXCELLENT, VERY CLEAN

I would prefer to have the option of leaving the bathroom door open instead of the automatic closure. a better selection fruit would have been nice. but I still rate our stay a 10 plus

we have stayed at this BW before. many improvements. the breakfast was much improved and everything was impeccably clean which is very important to me. love, and need, the extra magnifying mirror. THANK YOU

THE BED WASN'T COMFORTABLE

THE BED WASN'T COMFORTABLE

It would be very nice If utensils were more eco- friendly...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Gym small

It would be very nice If utensils were more eco- friendly and at least not single use

It was OK for the night after Yosemite Valley.

Noise from the street.

It was OK for the night after Yosemite Valley.

Welcoming reception, clean facilities, spacious room,...
    • Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Welcoming reception, clean facilities, spacious room, friendly and efficient staff

Clean

The place was great. The price was great

Hotel rooms were nice and big.

Hotel rooms were nice and big.

Big room, big parking area, nice staff and abundant...

Only one water dispenser in restaurant.

Big room, big parking area, nice staff and abundant breakfast.

The room is spacious and clean.

The room is spacious and clean. Groceries and restaurants with only walking distance.

Comfortable room.

It was noisy from outside. Breakfast was not as we expected, slices of cheese ended whet we came. It was one hour after beginning.

Comfortable room.

Best Western never disappoints!

There wasn't anything negative to say!

We loved the pool, and the beds were really comfy too! The room was very nice, and very clean as well.

This hotel worked out very well as a place to stay for my brother's wedding

Friendly staff, very clean, good selection for breakfast

Had a great time in Oakdale ca
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Getting out of the parking lot. The traffic is real bad.

It was nice to stay. Close to alot of place to shop

Good location, great town

Basic

Good location, great town

friendly staff comfortable room

Quiet place to relax

First time I got bed bug bites.
    • Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Bed bugs bites all over my body from one night stay.

Room was awsome very clean and confortable

Na

Eveything

Loved the breakfast!

Loved the breakfast! so far best one ever! Juice was incredible delicious.

The hotel was very quiet and clean.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sofa Bed

The hotel was very quiet and clean. Great experience.

Great room and breakfast, friendly staff

Great room and breakfast, friendly staff

My stay was comfortable. The grounds, entry and rooms were clean

The fan in the bathroom.

Friendly staff-colors/decor

Inside pool
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Inside pool

I enjoy it

The toilet wasn’t work

Hotel great! Booking.com nightmare.
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Booking.com! Billed me three times! A nightmare to straighten out!

Food great! Jacuzzi and sauna super!

Breakfast is OK and many of choice.

Breakfast is OK and many of choice. Hotel and Facility is OK. Bed is Comfortable. Car park enough for all guest. Staff was very nice.

very friendly front desk.

very friendly front desk.

Everything is excellent.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sofa Bed

Deluxe room is nice. Beds are comfortable.

I expected more for the price I paid.
    • Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Toilet was broken, no shampoo in room & elevator smelled of cigarettes & marijuana.

Staff was cheerful and eager to help.

Would stay and recommend
    • King Room with Hot Tub

The wifi was unsecured, weak and kept loosing connection.

The Jacuzzi in my room.

Great stay
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

While Oakdale is a sleepy little town, this hotel is anything but. Staff were friendly, facilities on a par with Best Western standards.

As a stopover post long flight it was ideal.

Air con was noisy

The staff were excellent and breakfast was full of choice and quality food.

The room with a small living area with a sofa and a TV is...

The room with a small living area with a sofa and a TV is very nice.

Had a wonderful time and will stay in a best western plus Rama Inn again

Everything was perfect.

Good place to stay while on a car trip.

Good place to stay while on a car trip. Parking nearby, regular breakfast starts early.

Good, quiet, comfortable room and friendly staff.

The breakfast was poor - but that's to be expected.

Good, quiet, comfortable room and friendly staff. We recommend.

Great place if you want to chill out in peace
    • Deluxe Suite with Sofa Bed

Great room, comfortable clean and well equipped. Bonus of small kitchen. Nice pool and hot tub. Staff incredibly friendly

Spacious room and bathroom, clean

Noisy AC

Spacious room and bathroom, clean

Was put in the bridal suite!
    • King Suite with Fireplace

Was put in the bridal suite! Hot tub!

all

all

Great option if travelling through
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very basic but did the job

Lovely staff, great location if travelling to Yosemite, clean rooms very comfy bed and nice pool

Nice place to stay a night in the way from Ysemitey national...

Nice place to stay a night in the way from Ysemitey national park to san fransisko Clean snd spacy room

Cozy, nice hotel close to Yosemite!

The bed could be more soft

I liked the room inside, the fitness center, pool and sauna was great.

Big room