Reviews of Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Atlanta Airport North, GA 3 stars

1365 Hardine Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30344, USA

#116 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Beautiful place to stay & I felt very safe.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The options for food could have consisted of fresh fruit & less bread food but the breakfast staff person was very caring with making sure all the food was out & she replenished when food was running low.

The personal attention when checking in, during my stay, the cleanliness & I felt safe. The location was quiet, very inviting , & the staff was very nice & attentive.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

I booked the room on Booking.

No complaints

I booked the room on Booking.com, but when I got to the Country Inn, the attendant couldn't find the reservation in her system, so she offered she to reserve it for me at the same rate

Stay was great
    • Guest King Room

Liked the grounds as they are first impression well maintained full of color Once inside very comfortable relaxing atmosphere Front desk agent great..

Comfortable family stay but small problems.
    • Guest King Room

Locating shuttle at airport was a big problem, kept us waiting for 45 min. Didn't get proper information about dining nearby.

Comfortable, big suite. Clean. Microwave and refrigerator good. Nice and quick breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Couldn't find nicer people. I recommend this to any family.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was very nice, including the breakfast staff. The manager took care of one little wrinkle without complaint and with great courtesy. They also allowed us to wait around for a mechanic, without complaint and even offered to assist. Very happy with the kindness and courtesy we received.

The entire stay was memorable however the bathroom was a...
    • Guest King Room

The entire stay was memorable however the bathroom was a little small by industry standards and the maid missed water drain stains on the nightstands.

We asked for a 3:30 am wake up call, which we never received.
    • Guest King Room

We asked for a 3:30 am wake up call, which we never received. According to the clerk on duty, with whom we asked for the wake up call, told us when she called our room phone it went to voice mail, so there was nothing more she could do. I asked her why she didn't call our cell phone on file or come knock on our door. She said if we had a complaint, talk to a manager. She was laid out on the desk on her phone. We were on a tight time line to catch hotel transportation to airport. We were headed to Alaska and could not miss the plane. We have used this hotel chain for our last 10 travels but this employee's attitude certainly needs some adjustment.

Easy - Peasy

Great size for the room! The staff was very helpful to get us into a room prior to check in due to having 250 lbs of bags! Thanks for the attention and service! Walkable to restaurants

Property needs updating in the rooms.
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

Property needs updating in the rooms. Everything up to that point leads you to think it's ok. But the rooms need some help. My shower faucet is just about not working anymore, and my MB door didn't close.

Close to the highway and restaurants
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Room had a slight mildew/humid feel. Tv in the bedroom didn’t work. When i told the front desk she just gave me a blank stare.

Close to the highway and restaurants

The room, the bed and the breakfast, the property and...
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Noisy with people partying in the hallways, people coming and going all hours of the night. Also, right outside the window in the morning when I was trying to sleep in from not getting sleep the night before, the guy was running power equipment doing yard maintenance. Could not sleep in either.

The room, the bed and the breakfast, the property and amenities were excellent and a great value.

For a what I receive and the $200.00 price I paid to stay, I will not be returing.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff was NOT inviting. The fact that breakfast starts at 7 am on the weekends is not early enough. Sitting alone in the jacuzzi and having strands of other peoples hair latch onto my body was disgusting and made me feel that it was not clean. Ants crawling along the wall in the pool area was making my skin crawl.

The TV was a decent size and the beds were comfortable. The extra sink in the same area as the microwave and refrigerator was nice!

Seems newly renovated.
    • Guest King Room

More facilities at the hotel for guests in transit. Shuttle didn’t arrive for the airport to hotel. The transfer back to the airport next morning was good.

Seems newly renovated. Rooms are nice. Modern. Reasonable restaurant near the hotel.

I would maybe stay here again. It was nice for a place to stay for a few nights

The pool wasn't clean. Hair floating around in the water.. we cleaned it ourselves..

Rooms were nice. Bathroom was small but clean. Pool was nice but it wasn't cleaned very often or at all. Staff were really friendly. Location was okay but possibly in a bad area, lots of people around.

Very nice place
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

It was convenient to the airport, we felt safe walking to near by restaurants. Clean and friendly people. We had one minor hiccup and it was rectified very quickly.

Excellent, Excelente😃

Nothing to say....

Wao, everything is excellent in this hotel, the employees, the location, the tranquility, the restaurants very close, gas stations, the airport, the friendliness, the gym, the swimming pool ... in short everything

Bad😤
    • Guest King Room

We asked for a non-smoking room and the smell of cigarette was horrible in the room. The room has many damaged things. We only heard the people screaming in the parking lot and we were able to sleep about 3 in the morning. Really bad.

Location....nothing more

Breakfast was good;
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

Refrigerator didn't work; housekeeping never made up our room; shower made an awful noise while water was running; pillows were awful (small and flat); this hotel was just not what we expected for $150/night!

Breakfast was good; location was good.

The room price was $2.
    • Guest King Room

The room price was $2.00 per night more than the Renaissance Concourse Hotel which is a much more beautiful hotel than yours. Price is not right in comparison.

Immaculate well positioned hotel to enjoy the final night of vacation

Pool was too cold

The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms comfortable and pristine. The breakfast was gorgeous. The swimming pool and hot tub were lovely

The desk clerks and shuttle driver were very helpful and...
    • Guest King Room

I was catching an early flight and I was glad I could get some hot breakfast before I left. I got to dining area and was told it wasn’t open for 2 minutes, no problem, but it was the attitude of the person. Very disappointed the bacon, eggs and french toast were cold.

The desk clerks and shuttle driver were very helpful and pleasant.

Mostly fine
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Water pressure was bad. Also the area behind and around the fridge looked old and kind of grubby. Exit stair area smelled bad.

Good breakfast, comfy bed. Clean lobby, nice stairs. Nice wide hallways.

It was a good stay, breakfast was good, staff friendly.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

I didn’t like the urine still around the toilet and the 3light bulbs that were out in our room, also the fruit should of been fresher.

I like the staff, the indoor pool, the room set up.

Overall enjoyed my stay.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The wifi was horrible. We were on the second floor and you could here the people above us the flush the toilet. The breakfast was not very good. The eggs were watery and salty.

The room was spacious and comfortable. It looks like it was recently updated. Very close to the highway.

It wasn’t the best but we were comfortable staying there!
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

The sink in the kitchen area didn’t work; the hot was was really hot at all! When housekeeping came to clean my room they didn’t take all the trash out the room.

How the staff was very nice and helpful! My kids loved the pool area n the location was good for us to go out and not get lost.

Glad we only had to sleep there for 3 hours.
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

I didnt like the shower. The flow of the water was slow and light and the handle feature was terrible. The bed didnt look well made. Look as though someone had rolled over in it.

Enjoyed my stay. I felt safe and I did see security outside when I departed that morning at 3:30.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Mattresses needed updating and rugs. Poor workmanship whom ever did the wallpapers. Bathroom to small. Barely turn aroun from the sink to the shower.Had to ask for towels on first night. Desk did deliver to me.

The outside appearance. Love the rocking chairs on porch. Like the gadget you could place over the peephole.

At least I didn't have to stay in the car
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

I didn't like the fact that the website stated there were available rooms at the previous Hotel I didn't like the fact that they charged me an old days rate for a stay that was by the time we were able to get checked into to 3 a.m. and wanted us out by 1 p.m. there were a few other things that I was not quite happy with and even wrote a letter as to the fact I was unable to speak to someone in Authority such as a supervisor or manager so it was suggested that I write a letter and the young lady cop need the letter and I actually have the original

That I was actually able to get a room because my previous booking.com room on the website it listed five available rooms and the staff insisted that there were no rooms that was at a previous Hotel. I also like the fact that the agent from booking.com stayed on the phone with me until I arrive at the next hotel & was able accommodate us because of the agent.

Will stay again next year if we go to conference.
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

Pillows. But in all fairness hotels just don't have the greatest pillows. Too soft no support.

Friendly, clean, convenient to airport and convention center. Breakfast and coffee ready early. For being so close to airport was quite quiet!

6.0
    I was very disappointed. I would not return.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

TV did not work (had to go down to the lobby to ask for help from front desk clerk since the phone in the room did not work); breakfast offerings were meager and did not look fresh

Staff was friendly

Very convenient when stranded at the airport due to weather
    • Guest King Room

We had to change rooms bc of a loud ac unit outside the window of the first room- but the staff was v helpful with that and the second room was comfortable and quiet.

I can't wait to return!

There was NOTHING we didn't like about this property

The staff was Amazing Ceara at the front desk was great, both girls at front desk were awesome. Housekeeping took such pride in the rooms, like they'd do for there own. Breakfast was much more then we expected. Will stay again

Good
    • Guest King Room

I wish they had more toiletries in the bathroom

I got in late and called the hotel. The person at the desk was very helpful in getting me to the hotel and checked in on time.

Must have came down for breakfast too early, 6:45 am and...
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

Must have came down for breakfast too early, 6:45 am and staff was rude and smart mouth when she realized she was talking to someone’s kid she changed her tone and offered her a breakfast bag. We were checking out before 7 am.

The bed was very comfortable.

The bed was very comfortable. There was a smear of something brown on the comforter that made me wonder if it was clean. The breakfast was better than what I expected it to be. Location was very convenient.

Breakfast was great place was very nice.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Bed was hard pillows small and squished really flayed when you lay on them.

Place was nice halls recently painted I think the carpet was new. Smelled nice.

I will not stay again
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

I didn't like the customer service, the staff were very loud, the breakfast was horrible, and our room didn't get cleaned like it was suppose to

This hotel offers a comfortable place to be with shuttle service to the airport.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

In one of the rooms the bathroom door wouldn't close tight-it scraped against the floor & wouldn't lock.

The suites were set up so that the main bedroom had a door which closed it off from the other room. This worked great for our family members with small children. The adults could enjoy tv or conversation in their room & not worry about waking the little ones.

The staff was friendly.
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

Building looks unkept and the room didn't seem completely clean.The rating system for this is skewed there is no way I would give it a 5.4, more like a 3.0.

The staff was friendly.

Very comfortable and clean hotel
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast... there was no regular coffee, the toaster didn’t work, the oatmeal warmer didn’t work. The waffle maker seemed to under cook the waffles.

Very comfortable and clean hotel

Beautiful, relaxing, clean, cost efficient, quiet, no rush stay, with warm kind staff.
    • Guest King Room

There was zero downside to my trip.

The breakfast provided had a wide array of both hot and cold options. Check out is as late as 12pm so no rushing! Shuttle was fast, efficient, and staff was always friendly and helpful.

Great bang for your buck
    • Guest King Room

Got way more than expected. Several options at breakfast. Nice pool . Easy access business center that I needed to print my boarding passes. Staff were friendly and helpful. Cookies are available in lobby during daytime which I thought was thoughtful . Room was spacious . Fast food restaurants nearby walking distance

Best breakfast in any hotel we've experienced.

Best breakfast in any hotel we've experienced. Especially appreciated no styrofoam waste that would be put into the landfill...hotels are notoriously bad about this. Good for you using real dishes! Thank you.

It was ok.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The construction at the entrance was unsafe. There was metal rods in the walkway. The AC in the room barely worked and although the front agent came to fix it the toilet kept closing.

The staff was nice.

Good stay.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

The maintenance that was occurring on my floor.

They upgraded me to a suite. It's pretty standard for a hotel, normal things there. They had a shuttle there to take me to the airport.

I can't wait to return!
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

This property Exemplifies what Anyone would want in a hotel. The front desk staff was Awesome,Housekeeping were helpful and kind,and in the evening the security was present,but you didn't feel a need for them (Very Safe Quiet Area)The room had Everything you would want for a stay with or without family. We had a nice size room 2 queen bed,large desk,dresser,great tv,microwave, Super cold refrigerator. Only small thing was the bathroom,but we didn't find that to be a problem. I had asked for a list of All the people that I wanted to personally Thank for making My Birthday Perfect,but I misplaced it in My travels, So Ceara,Please Thank Everyone for Me! Thank You again L.Shade

Disappointed
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Written on the walls for room directions. A sheet of paper more professional. A tape for room numbers. People smoking in front of building walking threw there smoke. Heat did not work.

Visible security

Staff were amazing
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

Beds were not that comfortable - found old coffee in the coffee pot - definitely not the ideal place to stay for sightseeing

The staff were amazing - shuttle to airport was great

Great place, would definitely come back again if I am in the area.
    • Guest King Room

Not a great place if you require quietness as the rooms are not very soundproof.

Great place to stay near the airport with good value and excellent staff. Breakfast was above well above average.

Excelent location close to the airport, and also great...

nothing.

Excelent location close to the airport, and also great access to highway to city center. Swimming pool, very good value for the money. Great hot breakfast!

"Kind of feels like home!"
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

When we first stayed here, there was a lady that was outside and mentioned to my friend that they have had a few car break-ins and to me that was unnecessary because they offered a security guard at night to watch the parking lot.

My kids and I stayed here for a week before we moved out of town. We now travel to Atlanta every other weekend since we moved and we chose to stay here because my kids feel very comfortable, the staff remembers us and greets us with a smile and the breakfast is amazing!!

The evening was fine, morning was not good. Shuttle ran behind schedule/front desk wasn’t concerned
    • Guest King Room

Shuttle return to airport was really behind schedule. Front desk girl didn’t seem concerned that I might miss my flight. Not good for an airport hotel!

good, but ask for a room not near the elevator

noisy

Very close to the airport and they have a free shuttle. Breakfast is ok, regular for US. It was a bit noisy in the room, we were close to the elevator..

Fabulous!
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

We had an early flight, so the breakfast wasn't served yet.

The room was much larger than I thought it would be. They even had a separate sitting area. The pool was impeccable and private. Even better, it was only a 5 minute drive to the airport.

Our stay served our purpose which was having a place to stay.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The room upon arrival was dirty. There was garbage under the sofa bed. The lock box did not work, and the coffee pot was filthy. The staff in the day time were upset. The cleaning crew complaining about their work and how many rooms they have to do.

My stay did not meet my expectations for basically $100/night. I stayed in the smallest handicap roo
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

I thought the breakfast was mediocre. I did not understand how the pool was not heated and staff ran out of towels, despite the fact they were washing more

I enjoyed the bed, location,and the staff was friendly.

The breakfast was great with many options especially with a...
    • Guest King Room

The bathroom was small and my wife didn't find the bed too comfortable.

The breakfast was great with many options especially with a child. The pool was nice. Hotel had many restaurants around to choose from.

My family LOVED it!!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

So Lady was talking people cars being broken into but nothing happened in the week I was there. The door to the bathroom was always bumping the toilet.

Breakfast was great many choices. Staff was really nice and friendly. Cleanliness-housekerping was great! Gives an at home feeling!!!!

I would stay here again. The employees are awesome, even the shuttle driver.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

Could not get a shuttle from the airport. We came into the international terminal and could not find the shuttle area for this hotel. I called them to find out how to get the shuttle and got put on hold for so long we missed the next shuttle. She did try to find another ride but by this time, we had already been waiting for more than an hour. We were tired from a 4.5 hr plane trip so we took a taxi. It would be helpful if someone explained the shuttle service better. I called about the shuttle prior to making reservations to make sure we could get a ride to the hotel but they did not tell us it was only in a specific area and not from the international terminal. It's very difficult if you are not familiar with the airport.

The people were very friendly. The breakfast was typical. The coffee was great. Enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Shuttle back to the airport.

Just OK
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast and location.

It was just an OK stay. We got there and had to move because the fridge was nasty. Then we moved to another room and that fridge wasn't much better. The ceiling looked as if they had a roof leak, water pressure was low, there were sheets or blankets on the sofa bed. The breakfast was great however! Coffee was great too.

Overall disappointing and we will not return. Not worth the money, possibly worth half.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The concierge charged me $5 to give me change for $5. The pool and hot tub has too much Chlorine, such that it made both my children sick. The breakfast was a shambles.

Good place to stay when going to the airport. Airplane noise was not noticeable.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom corners and floorboard edge should be wiped off every so often. The rest of the bathroom was clean.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They allowed me a late checkout and kept my bag until it was time for me to leave. Loved the fresh cookies as I got in late and needed a snack.

Great value for the price. Best breakfast bar!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The only thing about the second trip was that we requested an early check-in and in fact our check-in ended up being later than the regular check in because a lot of rooms were not ready. There were two other parties waiting in the lobby for rooms to be cleaned. But overall - great experience and staff again!

This is the second time we've stayed there. First time we stayed with our 3 kids (7,11,13) and we were happy, the breakfast was good, and the pool kept the kids entertained. We booked the second time because we were happy with the first time to meet with my brother and his girlfriend who flew in from Richmond, VA. We stay at least 5 times a year in Atlanta going to and from the airport and this has been our favourite hotel for the price so far.

Comfortable after we got there. Don't get lost.
    • Guest King Room

The directions we got were horrible. followed them to the .01 of a mile and found ourselves in a bad part of town at an abandoned construction sight with the street closed and no clue where to go. Thankfully a good neighbor helped us find our way. The next morning we found out we were about a block from the interestate. The facility was fairly clean but tired. Found out they are not a Country In and Suits they just rent the name. There is a bump at the top of the stairs so don't trip over it

it was a good clean bed and room we slept good. The Breakfast is good

Helpful and friendly staff.
    • Guest King Room

The room was located on the first floor by the Meeting Room and we could hear the noise in the hallway. Also the plane noise was exceptionally loud. A week before we stayed on the second floor and it was quiet.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. On Monday evening, 11/27/17, the night person on duty, I think her name was Melanie, helped me print my boarding passes. (I was having problems in the Business Center.)

Hotel ok, staff need more training
    • Guest King Room

High kerbs/sinking tarmac in the parking lot. Stay was really spoilt by the failure of the receptionist to charge the company credit card presented at check in and check out but instead the card used for the reservation.

Large comfortable room

overall, this was a nice place with great amenities.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

People above my room very loud and banging on floor my last night there. Lack of sleep.

Pool clean and awesome. Room nice and big. Airport shuttle invaluable! Breakfast fantastic.

a below average event. will stay somewhere else if we visit Atlanta again.
    • Guest Room with Two Queen Beds

pillows on the bed were flat. No fluffiness. Like sleeping on newspapers. no mortar in the cracks in the bathroom floor. water collects there. Leads to fungus. the cashier did not have any change for a 5 dollar bill so that I could use the vending machines. Sad.

Okay for one night before travelling elsewhere

Location was a little rough but probably to be expected surrounding the airport. No on site restaurant or bar which is included in the description!

Great extra large comfy beds, large room with facilities!

employees here are friendly and helpful but not enough so to overcome the shortcomings
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

Place was not as clean as I expected. the breakfast was not as advertise. In fact the milk was past date and sour. the food was not as warm as it should be. Water pressure in the shower lacked a lot to be desired.

staff was very friendly and helpful. outside of the facility looked great

This was my second visit and Not representative of the entire hotel.
    • Guest King Room

The bathtub drained slow, the room was nice but the refrigerator had an odor, the lamps were dusty, the curtain was hanging off the rod, the a/c didn't function properly, and the first desk clerk yelled out my credit card number.

The staff was friendly. Breakfast was good.

Must be one of the Last choices in the region
    • Guest King Room

Shuttle service and the receptionists were not helpful. Also they charged me 70 dollars more than what was written in booking website.

This is the hotel which has the Worst shuttle service From the airport. You have to wait too long for them to take you to the hotel. But the hotel is clean and the Beds are comfortable.

My stay would have been phenomenal, if the person that checked me in could have been nicer.
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

The young lady that check us in was so rude, disrespectful to me, We arrived around 10:00pm

The place was really clean, the bed was nice, food was good all the staff was really exceptional we never needed anything that they didn't get for us.

Will stay there again!

Staff very nice and go the extra mile to help you and make you feel welcome! Breakfast was great with good variety! Rooms very clean and beds were very comfortable! Indoor pool for families is very nice!

Hotel is wonderful, booking.com....not so much.
    • Guest King Room - Disability Access

To start, booking.com...I'm no longer a fan. I've booked through booking.com before, but I don't know that I will again. I booked the hotel for my elderly parents on the Monday before their trip (they were set to arrive on Friday morning), and on Thursday Booking.com emails me to tell me that the hotel has no availability for the reservation that I received confirmation of on Monday. So, here we are the night before they're set to get to Atlanta, literally every hotel was sold out because everyone was evacuating from hurrican Irma, and booking.com nonchalantly emails me that my parents will have nowhere to stay. I about had a heart attack, and under already extremely stressed circumstances. I'm in California, and my mid 80's parents are in Florida, so imagine being across the country and hearing that a)your parents are going to be stuck in a foreign city with no place to stay and b)you can't even fly them someplace else because every single flight is booked up with people evacuating. Luckily, when I called the Country Inn's corporate office, they said they had no sign that my reservation would not be fulfilled. My parents had a room waiting for them, and this had been a mistake with booking.com. Feeling relieved, I called booking.com back and they called the hotel directly to confirm. Chris was very nice and apologized sincerely, and my parents had a great stay, but the fact that a reservation could potentially be canceled the night before my stay...that just doesn't give me a sense of confidence in booking.com. Also - this area is your typical airport hotel area. It's not incredibly safe, but the hotel itself is. They have a shuttle that will take you to nearby restaurants, and there are places that will deliver as well. For an airport hotel, this is a great option.

I booked this hotel as a way to evacuate my elderly and not incredibly mobile parents from Florida as hurricane Irma was pummeling their way. I knew I needed to get them out, and figured Atlanta would be a good location. I wanted something close to the airport so that they didn't have to travel far, and something that would be clean, comfortable and accommodating. This hotel was wonderful to them, and they had an incredible stay, especially considering the circumstances. The staff was beyond friendly and went above and beyond to make sure they were comfortable. The hotel itself was very comfortable for them, and they can be very picky at times! They haven't stopped bragging about how lovely the staff made their stay.