Reviews of Laguna Beach House 3 stars

#4 of 19 hotels in Laguna Beach

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Great Laguna Beach House

Everything was perfect

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was ready before we expected. The room was clean and airy and the decor in the room was perfect for our Southern California beach stay.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

We loved the location...walking distance to everything we needed!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

The room was quite clean; however, the bathroom could be a bit cleaner. The jets in the bathtub need a much more thorough cleaning.

We loved the location! The room was large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

lovely down to earth unpretentious hotel.
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

old and loud air conditioning unit. woke us up a few times on the first night. also left some things in the room and was told they weren’t there when i emailed the hotel the following day.

lovely down to earth unpretentious hotel. a bit of a walk from town but positioned on a particularly nice stretch of the coastline. easy parking and easy access to rooms from parking

Liked it. Next time might spurge for something nicer. By their sister hotel had a great view w/ wine
    • King Room with Pool View

Drawers were very difficult to open and close. Our room was right by the utility door where housekeeping was. There was a constant noise coming from the room that sounded like a door stop shaking. Super weird. Bed very comfortable.

Staff was very nice. Offered towels beach chairs and an umbrella. Beach is close by.

Short, enjoyable and well located.
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

WiFi although free wasn’t very well connected. We used Laguna Beach house as our first stop on our road trip and therefore we’re relyong on free WiFi to plan the next stages of our trip.

Location was excellent, minutes from the beach and downtown Laguna Beach. Hotel is small so you’re not overran by other guests and disturbed by an abundance of ambient noise.

The Perfect Stay
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

This hotel is gorgeous! Best location in Laguna! We stayed here for 3 nights and everything was wonderful. The staff is super friendly. Peter at front desk was super kind to us and ready to help all the time. The rooms are amazing, quite big, nicely decorated and well designed. On the bathroom, the hotel provides good quality of products which my wife really appreciated that kind of detail. The hotel is beautiful, super clean and with really nice amenities. Pool area was out of service for 2 days but the staff offers you to use the pool on their sister hotel The Inn, just a block away... no problem. The hotel provides a light breakfast which is organic granola with greek yoghurt and infusions. There is a wine tasting every single afternoon and they also provide milk and cookies every night. Everything is wonderful.

a very relaxed lazy 3 days stay for our Anniversary

Spots on the carpet

Location by the beach , friendly staff , walking distance to Laguna , pet friendly happy hour ( could be extended another hour though ..)

We’ll be back for our next stay. No hesitation!
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

The room was very clean. The bed was beyond comfortable. Peter at the front desk was friendly and gave excellent advice about local restaurants. We had an excellent experience!

Location was excellent, a couple blocks to the downtown area...
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Location was excellent, a couple blocks to the downtown area, didn't need to use the car. Most restaurants and bars all within walking distance. The beach a block away easy scenic walking path. Very quiet, clean, and staff very friendly.

Very nice and we had a great time!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

The only complaint was the noise above us was pretty significant. We heard everything, walking, talking etc.

Very cute hotel, easy to get in and out, within walking distance to restaurants, beach and town. The room is great and the bed was comfy!

Good except the above
    • King Room with Pool View

Beds were not good along with linens. If you travel alot like us, it really is all about the bed. Would invest in a tempurpedic (sp?) along with crisp linens-would make all the difference and we see this with the big chains. Also, on a bottom floor, the noise from above comes right back at to you-not sure what you do about this.

Atmosphere, front desk folks

The Staff is so friendly, location is great and the ...
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Maybe improvement on the room overall lighting, but I am being picky.

The Staff is so friendly, location is great and the proximity to the beach and restaurants is perfect for a little familly vacation. Nice wine, cookies evenings by the firepit.

The hotel was nice enough but I will not be recommending this hotel.
    • Pool View King Room with Balcony

The front desk staff was not accommodating and made me feel uncomfortable when I told him he gave me the incorrect room. I felt like I had to complain to get what I was promised and what I had paid for. Apparently the hotel was overbooked and I did not feel as though the man at the front tried to overcompensate to make the experience better. He also did not tell me this before assigning me my key to the wrong room. I spent $400 for a one night stay to surprise my husband. I would have preferred to spend a couple hundred more for Pelican Hill knowing the experience would be good guaranteed.

The bed was huge and super comfortable.
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

No laundry service, no food available, no tea making facilities in the room only coffee

The bed was huge and super comfortable. Also the shower was good with perfect pressure. the free wine hour on everyday was a lovely touch and the hot tub was great!

Cost for overlooking a parking lot or highway.
    • Pool View King Room with Balcony

Cost for overlooking a parking lot or highway. Although California is expensive, I feel they promote expectations that are not there. We moved on to another city and I decided to pay $40. extra for a marina view. The marina is there but the parking lot, street and marina parking lot are in the way. So, don’t expect the property descriptions to be accurate anywhere.

Nice hotel but could be improved upon
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

There was no bar only the wine in the evening, the pool was very small and I don't feel it is great value for money. Surely if there is no where to buy alcohol eye within the hotel then the mini bar should be complimentary or the price should be reduced. Also, the room we were in was opposite the lift and the lid has a very loud singing noise when it reaches every floor, this did affect my wife's sleep quite abit. Final thing was that we had asked the hotel if they could do anything special for us prior to our visit due to it being out honeymoon, we never got a response and nothing special had been done when we got there. However, on the hotel website it does state there is a package available for these kind of circumstances, this was never mentioned to us at any point, had it been we would have taken the package; little disappointed by this.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, gave us some ideas for where to go and eat etc. Had a nice little Jacuzzi outside which was nice. Complementary wine provided at reception each evening, along with cookies and milk later on. The hotel was only a short walk away from down town Laguna which was handy for dining out and going to the beach.

Beautiful property, great location
    • King Room with Pool View

When I booked through booking.com the room was described as a king bed with a “pool view.” The room given to us at check-in was on the pool level but had no view and was very small and claustrophobic (room 101, I believe). The front desk was very nice about moving us to a new room but they only had a room with two queen beds available. The hotel described their rooms as “pool level” (first floor) and “coastal level” (second floor), which doesn’t seem to jive with booking’s description of “pool view.” Maybe it’s just semantics (or something was miscommunicated between booking and the property), but at nearly $400/night it makes a difference.

This was my second stay at the Laguna Beach House. I love the decor in the lobby and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Great location just a short walk from the beach, the Laguna Art Museum, and great restaurants. Love the pool and hot tub, and they do a nice happy hour with wine which you can enjoy by the poolside fire pit in the evenings. Parking onsite (but costs $15). Rooms come with coffee and tea and a nicely stocked mini fridge (with some local craft beers), but there was a $10 resort fee at checkout which, according to the receptionist, covers the cost of the “complimentary” coffee/tea and wine and wifi. Overall, great stay, highly recommended.

Wonderful
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Really clean. Kept up very well. Everything looked new & up to date., But honestly the staff was a step above amazing. This was our first visit there but not our last . We will be staying there again.

I stay when visiting my daughter studying at LCAD . Love the little extras available to visit beach!
    • King Room with Pool View

Won't say "didn't like " but perhaps a bit better breakfast (coffee is not so good - not a bad idea to invest in a Nespresso machine :)

Staff very pleasant and friendly,helpful .Rooms clean and well maintained .Location is ideal for me -my3rd stay

Lovely comfortable room with extensive views of the bay and...
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

Lovely comfortable room with extensive views of the bay and Laguna Beach from terraces at each side of the room. Staff couldn’t have done more to help. Easy walk to the beach and into town.

Really enjoyed our stay. Hope to be back.
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

Expensive for us but worth the splurge.

Staff was so nice. Complementary coffee, wine, cookie was nice. Location was great. Clean and simple, just what we wanted.

beautiful beach, comfortable bed. clean.
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

other people being so inconsiderate and being loud

There was too much noise by other people. talking very loud or screaming. Woke up several times from loud noises. And the view to the ocean from room was poor.

Relaxing base for explo
    • Pool View Queen Room with Balcony

Pool a lot smaller than expected/shown on pictures

Lovely spacious and comfortable room, staff very helpful and friendly, pleasant walk to centre from hotel

Ok stay but would not choose to stay there again, given the balcony issue.
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

We paid extra for a room with ocean view and balcony so we could sit outside but the view was mainly of a parking lot and rooftops of nearby buildings, in the distance (side view serverly restricted) was the ocean but definitely not a balcony to sit out on and enjoy the views. This did spoil the stay at first as was expecting something different, I think this needs to be made clearer in the description for guests. Yes I understood it was not directly on ocean but when room was advertised as room with balcony and ocean view I would expect more for my buck. From what I could tell nobody had a decent balcony view as hotel not on the ocean front, shouldn't really have paid for the upgraded room type as did not get what I paid for. Balcony also was tiny with a high brick wall so even if you did sit out you would be looking at a concrete wall. Hotel should not be allowed to charge extra for balcony and sea view rooms in my opinion.

All staff were really friendly and went out of there way to help for example booking a taxi and freezing my freezer packs. Car parking was good too, although had to pay extra for it.

Excellent room, very comfy bed, lovely decor, friendly and...

Inadequate breakfast portions.

Excellent room, very comfy bed, lovely decor, friendly and efficient staff. Provision of wine and cookies greatly appreciated!

Great hotel, great location in a beautiful town
    • Pool View King Room with Balcony

Great location for access to the coastal walk, beaches and city centre. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The pool area is a great place to relax and unwind. Staff were very helpful.

Amazing beach vacation place
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

It got a little expensive in the end with parking and amenity fairs which I think was quite a bit.

Amazing location, great hotel atmosphere, nice and spacious rooms, all perfect

We loved the small touches, like the yogurt and coffee to...
    • King Room with Pool View

We loved the small touches, like the yogurt and coffee to start the day. Happy hour was lovely and Milk and cookies at the end of the day, it was perfection. Staff was amaizng. We had an 18 month old with us, and they were very acommodating to heating up food for us.

Lovely Laguna Beach House is the best place for miles around!

Can't think of anything.

Everything! They provide beach towels, chairs, umbrellas. Ice for your beach cooler too. The wine is a lovely way to end your day at the beach waiting for dinner reservations. The cookies and milk after dinner. The comfy beds. Walking distance to everything you could want and the Laguna free shuttle to things a little farther away. It was just lovely for us. Can't wait to return!

Best Hotel in the Best Location

Nada

My third visit to LA from UK and all three times I have returned to Laguna and Laguna Beach House. Great place, great hotel. This year I took my sister and she said she would return for the daily free cookies alone - they are delicious! Thank you Laguna Beach House for being so awesome!

beautiful rooms, excellent location, not on the water, but...
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

only negative - given the price of the room, we were surprised that there was an additional $15/day charge for parking

beautiful rooms, excellent location, not on the water, but we had a nice view of the ocean from our room

Pretty Great
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

They were overbooked and so we did not get the room we booked. They adjusted the price, which was good, but it started out stay off on a sour note.

It's got a fun vibe, the location is a block from the ocean, so you can walk or catch the shuttle pretty much anywhere in Laguna.

Lovely end to a 3 week tour of California.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Coastal View

See above. My wife inadvertently left a navy jacket hanging in the closet of our room. This jacket had a very significant Duke of Edinburgh diamond pin on the lapel. On arriving back in Scotland she made two calls to the hotel to enquire about it being returned. She was told it wasn't in room and hadn't been found. This despite our entire group being 100% certain it had been left there. Very disappointed.

The rooms were comfortable. However soundproofing was an issue. Disturbed each morning around 5.20 with noise from above which continued for a couple of hours.

Surf and Beach Cottage
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

I wish that we had never upgraded to a room with a balcony. As it turned out, we didn't need to upgrade because every room had an available balcony out front and the balcony that we payed extra for was very small, unattractive and had a high solid wall witch allowed no view. It was very disappointing!! I should have said something at the time but I didn't.

The staff were helpful and friendly, the decor was beautiful, the available beach towels/ chairs/umbrella were outstanding,and the wine and cookies were very nice. Also the seating areas around the hotel and fire pit were nice extras.

The decoration and "vibe" of the hotel.
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

I don't think the price matches what is offered. The hotel is cute, but it lacks quality: old windows, just painted new... Little privacy in the room, no sound isolation. Really small pool...

The decoration and "vibe" of the hotel. The "little things".

Beach Boutique
    • King Room with Pool View

Coffee and breakfast parfaits were perfection...served every morning. Free wine hour in the early evening topped off by warm cookies and milk in the later evening were perfect ending to the day.

A delightful spot in Laguna Beach!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Lots of towels in the bathroom and on the countertop. Loved the wine and cookies and milk in the evening. Hotel had a 'homey' feel - great for families traveling with children. Towels for the pool were readily available and bagged ice plentiful to take to the room. They thought of everything! Walking distance into town and close to a market. Quick walk to the beach. Great location. Would definitely stay there again.

Fun and friendly
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Coastal View

I can't think of anything.

Very friendly service. Pool area is very relaxing. Wine served 5-6pm and then fresh made cookies from 6pm until they run out. Our kids loved this place. We will be back.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Location / rooms / very clean / morning and...
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

The evening front desk young man was neither welcoming or kind / sorry but true

Location / rooms / very clean / morning and early afternoon staff excellent

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Great little beach town
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

The bed was a bit hard and the air con noisy, it is an expensive town so you don't get the luxury the price tag suggests.

Good location and easy parking, there is a nice little pool and a fire pit at night. You are 1 minute walk from the beautiful coastal path down to the beaches and town centre.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Laguna Beach House nothing special.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Coastal View

Rooms were on smaller side. No refrigerator or microwave. "Balcony" was small with solid screen made of bamboo, view of rooftops, no ocean view. No breakfast - only yogurt parfait with granola. Overpriced. We checked out early.

Interior design very beachy.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The location is great.
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

The air conditioning doesn't seem to work and the picture of the room as an ocean front balcony isn't quite accurate .

The location is great. The parking is very easy and the room is very nice and clean.

Relaxed and chilled after great stay
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

Tioiltries not replenished each day. Maid service knocked on our door st 9 am!

Reasonable price mini bar, near beach restaurant and shopping. Lovely decor

Cute hotel! Would recommend
    • Pool View King Room with Balcony

They advertised yogurt and granola breakfast- which they did have- until the ran out ! So it depended on if you got down there in time. (I wasn't waiting until the end of the window either!) Same with the nightly cookies and milk. Seems like they just would run out and not replenish. Also- the cleaner for my room didn't replenish things like coffee and toilet paper so I kept having to ask for those. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

The location was good and it was newly renovated, so everything was nicely decorated - room was clean and comfortable!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Amazing location.
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Amazing location. Short walk to the beach trails and restaurants. Rooms were really clean and we especially loved the little courtyard fire pit and nightly cookies.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great location for a great price
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Coastal View

Would have liked if there was an onsite restaurant or bar. Minor issue.

Stayed there with my family. Absolutely loved the location, ambience and facilities. The staff was almost comically friendly and hospitable. Definitely will stay again.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

the décor was absolutely adorable and the wine and cookie...
    • Pool View Queen Room with Balcony

the pool was barely a pool, so tiny, this was the only picture that was deceiving....

the décor was absolutely adorable and the wine and cookie hour at night were an awesome bonus!!

Sunny boutique style hotel with great location.
    • Pool View King Room with Balcony

Would have been nice to have a restaurant on site but there were many nearby. On site parking was additional cost.

Great location near DT Laguna Beach and 1 street from the beach/park. Really liked the nightly wine hour and morning yogurt. Recent renovations made the rooms extremely bright and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

One of our most favourite hotels for a one night stay on our travels
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Coastal View

A great welcome by the manager. The room was spacious and very clean. We enjoyed our night there and would definitely stay again should we be passing through Laguna

Internet and housekeeping issues.
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

Housekeeping- failed to restock towels, coffee etc every day. Has happened both stays, just poor housekeeping staff. Finally, this was my second visit and the Wifi is just unacceptable. I cannot stay in a place where it is so slow I cannot use my iPad. This was case every day but one during five day stay. Paying for parking.

Proximity to downtown, room size and amenities, wonderful, helpful desk staff.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Noisy
    • Pool View Queen Room with Balcony

We could hear every footstep and lots of banging in the night from upstairs unit. Toilet and sink seem to have plumbing issues. Expensive for what it offers.

Loved the room decor and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Fantastic.
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

I think the hotel was a bit overpriced

The front desk staff was awesome. The young man who checked me in was fantastic and gave me some excellent restaurant recommendations- loved reunion. The bed was very comfortable Location

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

Not on beach as we found other properties to be Small pillows not the most comfortable Ocean view is a bit misguiding - can be seen but but not as I would imagine - photo attached of view Has motel feel about it

Comfy bed, quiet environment, lovely lady at check in.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Nothing to complain about. Loved it!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Nothing except the weather (a little rainy and cool) but the access to the walk on the beach and the outstanding facilities were very well received!!

The unique décor and personal touches were everywhere. You could tell at one point this was an older hotel that was renovated and the renovations were great! The yogurt/coffee in a.m. and wine at happy hour and cookies/milk in lobby were also nice touches. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Pool and bonfire were great too!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Southern California with character
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Price was high and WIFI would not launch on IPAD and no one knew how to fix it. Toilet flooded due to blockage but was fixed following day

Location and ambiance

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Superb
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

Really stylish and clean hotel with large rooms and great beds. Friendly staff. Just a short but incredibly picturesque walk into the heart of downtown Laguna. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Excellent location. Great spot. Everyone very friendly
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Nothing not to like. It was all freat

Staff very accommodating. Wine at five to six, cookies and milk at six, coffee and Greek yoghurt in the morning. Very clean. Beds great. View awesome. Right by ocean. Will definitely be going back Pool and hot tub good also

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Wonderful beach gem
    • Pool View King Room with Balcony

Bigger pool and better view would of been great

Staff very helpful and location perfect walking distance from beach front amenities. Beautiful views and beach.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

A gem in Laguna Beach
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

The bed could have been more comfortable.

The room was bright and cheerful. It was also very clean and open. The water view was not as I expected, but we still sat outside. The pool area was nice

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Everything was perfect!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Everything was perfect!!! Great stuff, place, pool, everything.

Extremely relaxing due to friendly staff at a wonderful facility.

It was great. Nothing.

Friendly staff, laid back environment.

Friendly staff, and the beach towels, chairs and...
    • Pool View Queen Room with Balcony

Friendly staff, and the beach towels, chairs and umbrella's made beach visits very easy

Loved it!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Clean, comfortable beds, cute decor! Would stay again!

Very good.
    • Pool View Queen Room with Balcony

Good service at check in. Rooms comfortable and clean,

Very pleasant and comfortable, and we will be back!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

If you can provide more food than just yogurt for the breakfast, it will be even better!

everything is great!

Love the location and hotel was beautiful
    • Pool View King Room with Balcony

Bed was really comfortable and room was clean and decorated beautifully

Prebagged ice.

Prebagged ice.

The room's decorations is pleasant

The room's decorations is pleasant

Laguna Beach House was amazing 🏝

Can’t think of anything

Location, style and design of hotel was very nice. Pool area and spa. Very friendly helpful staff😀

Was a clean, comfortable and relaxing stay. Staff were very helpful.
    • Deluxe Coastal View King Room with Balcony

Pictures of ocean view were a little deceiving

Relaxing decor all around.

Marvellous place!

No bar

Marvellous place! Hot tub, fire pit all came as a pleasant surprise / wouldn’t hesitate to stay again! Free wine hour was great!!!

Great staff, nice little extras like wine hour, milk and...
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Great staff, nice little extras like wine hour, milk and cookies etc

A great way to ring in the new year!
    • Deluxe King with Coastal View

Laid back, lovely view, and fun!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Very nice staff there especially Troy and Peter are exceptional.
    • King Room with Pool View

Confusion with check in because thought it was prepaid through bookin website. This is what I was told.

Large room and was quiet.

Nice walking