Reviews of Waterfront Hotel 3 stars

5.6

6.2

5.7

6.1

Wouldn’t recommend anybody to this hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I’m supposed to get a refund and have not received it yet

My kids found beer bottles on the side of our bed other peoples belongings and our air and tv did not work also the lock on the door was broken

The hotel not stayed in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything. It was disgusting. Stains on the bed, the wall, something growing in the bathtub, the toilet was broken, smelled like pee in the hall. The pool water was green not a clean green, like bacteria growing green.

Absolutely nothing

Toilet was broken and TV didn’t work in first room, second...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet was broken and TV didn’t work in first room, second room TV didn’t work and sofa had broken legs. Pool was dirty. Breakfast was advertised 6:-11: we went down at 6:30 and they didn’t even have coffee ready

Great for the Price and Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Nothing, for the price excellent.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. Liked the location close to the highway, but away from Hustle and Bustle. Quiet. Old school with charm made me feel like a special person without robbing my budget. Close to stores and eating without being right outside door. Continental breakfast good. Very light and airy due to skylight in the eating area. Very relaxing to come back to. Indoor pool and hot tub very relaxing also. Will stay again when in Indy. This is my second stay and have enjoyed each time. Basic but above basic , not all Ritz and Glitz but enough to make you feel that way.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Close to track.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was dirty. Used bath cloth left over shower curtain with used soap in shower. Stains on towels. Grounds not maintained at all. Will not stay here for races next year

Close to track.

It was the worst hotel experience of my life! I will never stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I checked in and got to my room the toilet wasn’t clean, the bed comforter had burn holes in them, and the mini fridge had mold on the inside. Also the pool was absolutely discussing. The water was dingy and the sides of the pool was covered with slim. The hot tube looked clean but when I got in I ended up stepping on a piece of glass!! When I told the front desk about it there was no emotion and no sense of forgiveness. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!! (I added a picture of the bottom of my foot it didn’t go in deep but it was enough to have me limping with soreness for a couple days)

I didn’t like anything about my stay!

Worst hotel stay of our 42 year marriage
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My wife and I are both handicapped and requested a room on the first floor close to the pool. They put us on the second floor at the opposite end of the building. We wanted to use the hot tub but couldn't because there were children jumping in and out of it like it was a kiddie pool. They stayed in it until it closed.

Bed was comfortable

Looks can be deceiving!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It looked like at least a 3 to 4 star hotel based on pictures but the room was a 2 star. Toilet leaked, hair dryer didn't work, electric outlets were dysfunctional, doors were in bad shape on bathroom and exterior door, most light bulbs burnt out.

Beds were comfortable, price good.

Never again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

My room didnt have the view I asked for

I was not happy with my stay I end up finding some where else after seeing that the room was not what i seen online smh

Nightmare
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness, management, accomodations, appearance (grass was halfway to my knee), no blankets, people runing and yelling up and down the halls after midnight....

NOTHING

The rooms were very large and spacious
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevator was scary, there was a drunk that wouldn’t leave my daughters alone. We never got to watch tv, we called from desk twice and nobody ever came. The employees were arguing at the front desk and they are very sketchy looking. There is working being done and not cleaned up after, our door was very beat up. During the evening someone did something to our car window.

The rooms were very large and spacious

I will not return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Staff was rude, WiFi didn’t work, tv didn’t work, the outside looked nice but the rooms were not clean and shower was filthy. The bed was made with only a sheet and the bed was as firm as a rock.

It was a quiet stay

3.0
    Get Me Out of Here!

Disgustingly dirty, hole in bathroom ceiling , faucets discolored, unidentifiable beetles crawling around, fabric chairs stained with holes, folding chairs, TV and coffeemaker did not function, bathroom door would not shut, security lock broken on door, children banging on piano after 9pm.

I've seen better hotels in Atlantic City

I dont even know where to begin with this place. We first checked in for our stay and we had booked two rooms. The first of the two rooms was okay. The second room the power didn't work in the room. After we changed rooms two more times, we finally got a room where the bathroom was covered in mold. On the second day in the hot tub the handle isn't attached to the floor, so don't use that to get into the very steep hot tub. They also never restocked the pool towels and after another guest called down and we waited for 30 minutes they still didn't bring them down. On the third day we ate what was left of breakfast because they clean it up entirely at 9 on the nose. We sat around the tables and laid out our morning plans. When we started to leave for the day the fire department had rolled up. Apparently there was a gas leak and they evacuated the lobby of the hotel but not anywhere else until the fire department was called. When we got back they completely denied that it didn't happen and refused to answer any questions. I had to ask another guest about it. In the fourth day they hadnt cleaned our room. But on top of the the staff family was staying at the hotel. The children were LOUDLY playing on the piano and screaming well after the 10pm quiet time. After I complained and got told "yeah yeah yeah yeah" my male friend came down and talked to the manager and he IMMEDIATELY got an answer. It still took about 40 minutes to get the kids under control. And then they turned the lights off on us. I will NOT be staying here again. I tried to give it a chance, I tried to like it, but each day got progressively worse. DO NOT STAY HERE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. IT DOES MATTER HOW CLOSE IT IS. DONT STAY HERE.

The hot tub was warm and the pool was warmer than expected.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Convenient and the price was right.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The neighborhood was sketchy- No place to fish at the lake. Charged a $100 deposit :( made Me question who stays there.

Nice room, comfy bed. Pool was nice, Bar was convenient. Awesome sunset over the private lake. Once a very nice convention style hotel. About 5 minutes from the 500 racetrack, close to a multitude of restaurants.

There was a $100 charge when we checked in that we did not...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a $100 charge when we checked in that we did not know about until we were checking in. Did end up getting reimbursed but took 2-3 business days. One of the bed frames was completely broken. Just had box spring and mattress on floor. The pool was extremely cloudy and had very poor lighting around area. Toilet was constantly running throughout the night. The pictures online were nothing like how it really looked or I would have never made a reservation here. Will not be returning.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Do not book this hotel I repeat do not
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

The room was disgusting, hair all over the bathroom. The ironing board look like it had blood all over it the chair in the room look like there was a huge urine stain. We came to Indianapolis because my daughter had to see a specialist that Riley's every expecting her to have a good night before her big appointment the next day and enjoy the pool. The pool had not been filtered for days it had to be about 3032° it was freezing. And the Jacuzzi or hot tub that's located by the pool we couldn't even use because it look like there was phlegm coming out of the Jets do you worst hotel I have seen in my life.

nothing by far the worst hotel I have ever seen

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Employees are horrible! They stole our clothes and laptop computer out of our room! Ridiculous management. We have already filed a claim on the hotel. Walked in with the police and the maintenance man had my boyfriends new outfit on and still denied doing anything!

Absolutely nothing

Sucked! I feel robbed! WASTED MONEY!

Read above comment!

Bed was o.k other than it looked sloppy. Hot tub/Jacuzzi wasn't working. there was an oader through out the building. Lounge was o.k. Coffee maker in room wasn't plugged in, tried to move dresser out to plug in and strained my back. No cream or sugar in room nor was there any available until Kitchen came in at 5:30 in which it was 3:30 a.m we were up getting ready to head out to airport by 4:30. Shower- took me 5 minutes to figure out how to operate due to the fact it was very difficult to pull knob out to turn water on. My wife wasn't able to pull it out at all, I had to do it for her. She stressed her wrist trying to push it in to shut off.

The room was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

I booked on line and my reservation was for Ground level, lakeside. When I arrived the only rooms available were on 2nd floor and were not lakeside. It was also quite far from the elevator. These were not major issues, but a bit disappointing. Also, the only operable ice machine was on the 3rd floor. Common areas (besides the lobby) looked worn. The bathroom by the pool had ceiling tiles missing, did not have toilet paper and could've been cleaner and/or updated.

The room was nice. The frig and microwave was an added bonus. Beds were comfortable and clean. The lobby was inviting and clean.

Great stay close to shopping area and fast food. Not from from downtown. We plan to stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a bit busy and not enough staff to check everyone in.

The place was great. Pool was big the room was large. There was a lovely pond outback with a large area for the dogs to run. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the sunlight into the dinning Hall was a good way to start the day. Along with the generous help of Devin keeping everything stocked and helped whenever needed with the food. Extra Kudos to him.

Reasonable price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

Didn't receive a Lakeside view as booked. Pool didn't look to clean. Never received a response back regarding early check-in & check-out that was requested days prior as required.

Reasonable price.

Very outdated but in a decent location. You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very outdated and the rooms was dirty, covered in spills and the mattress cover was ripped. The shower did not even have water when I tried to run a shower.

The location was okay, being right outside of foods and shops

There was a fight between employees or contractors in tge...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a fight between employees or contractors in tge building which cause loud noise and tge police to come. When i checked into my first room when i opened the door the room was filthy. I went back up to the desk and the clerk wasn't to be foound i m waited almost a hour for her to return to the desk.

We would never recommend this place to anyone.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

We had to pay $100 US on out credit card as a bond which meant we had to pay the exchange rate from NZ to do this. Previously at other hotels we have given a card number but no money has been taken. On leaving the lady at the counter told us this would be refunded immediately and now it is 3 days later and the money has not been refunded. The statement was a direct lie and we are concerned we will not be refunded. I took photos of the room and broken down table, unsafe wall sockets, broken basin tap that only had hot water, and stained chairs in the room. We were also told on arrival that the restaurant was open all hours and just around the corner. At 8 pm we went looking for the restaurant and the person behind the bar told us there was no one in the kitchen and the restaurant hardly ever opens. However the bar would be open until about 3am. I think this is for locals not paying guests. The man that checked us in knew only to well there was no restaurant and lied to our face that there was one. He seemed shifty and I didn’t believe him to start with anyway. We are very concerned they will not refund our $100 deposit that should never have been taken from us. I would not recommend this place to anyone and it is not good business to free clients to them. The room also smelt of smoke and we were concerned that they are taken $100 from all their clients and not doing the regular maintenance that they should. Can you assist us to retrieve our refund? Thanks

We only choose this place as my husband had been to the area many years ago. There was nothing appealing at all and the smell of chlorine from the pool was evident right through the establishment.

I really enjoyed my stay it was very peaceful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a leak from the shower wall into the carpet of the room alongside the bed.

The bed was comfy & I LOVE the pool area... It just took my breath away!

Will not be staying there ever again, not impressed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

They hold a additional $100 dollars on top of room rate when you use a online booking site, the front desk guy was very rude and disrespectful to my wife, and the remote to the room tv didn't work at all.

Terrible reception for a paying customer
    • King Room - Disability Access

The bathroom looked like it hadn't been updated in 10 years. The television was showing snow when I turned it on. I called and asked about the television and was told there was a hotel wise cable problem that wouldn't be resloved until the next morning. Upon further inspection there was no cable connection at all. I took a photo of it. Also, the air-conditioning didn't work. It was blowing but not cooling. The clock had a digital display that was not readable. I spoke to a few other guests that had working cable TV and air conditioning. One of the guess came to my room and told me her bathroom didn't look like the one in my room. She said she had the newest update. I also didn't like the staff's nonchalant attitude when I asked to speak to the manager or the person in charge.

I liked the location, the comfortable bed, and the overall layout of the resort. The price is reasonable for what you're expecting to get.

I would avoid this place it was AWFUL
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nasty rooms dirty tub had hair floor was disgusting made them exchange rooms still dirty in second room breakfast was horrible had a guy watching every move u made when u grab something to eat very uncomfortable nothing was out no muffins no sausage very very bad experience juice tasted horrible

Only thing that was somewhat enjoyable was the pool and hot tub

Price was right room was dated but clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Refundable $100.00 deposit required for any room damages. Amount is actually charged and not just a hold. I did receive refund of the deposit a day after it was charged. This amount should have been disclosed in the fine print for this hotel when booking.

Price was right room was dated but clean. Great location for where I needed to be in Indy.

We stayed overnight and will not return under any circumstances.
    • Queen Suite

Our complete reservation was not there. The room was dank, carpet was wet, spiders and webs in the bathroom. Holes in the bathroom walls covered with a piece of cardboard. Some wall covering in the bathroom and the bed area peeling. Mold in the upper corner of the bedroom adjacent to the bathroom.

The hot tub and swimming pool were nice, can't say much beyond that.

Dirty Menstration Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was dirty to say the least. It was terrible. In my bathroom, it was disgusting. I found a dirty pad in the bathroom with menstruation on it. Obviously, it wasn't cleaned. The ice machines were all broken. The laundry was broken. It was filthy.

The two ladies working at night were very sweet and friendly. One ran to a bar close by to get ice for us.

Not impressed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

Some of the staff was great. Others didn't want to give us fresh towels. Pool was very cloudy. Room condition:. Missing a table and chair, light bulb was missing, there was a big hole in the wall. Door was very hard to close. Not very secure.

Breakfast was good the lady on the night shift and the maintenance supervisor were super nice! Had a much nicer stay last April. The hotel has gone down hill since then.

It was ok, but will not be back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the hotel was hard to find. there was no glasses in the room. the bathroom had a fan cover missing. The water was hard, Some one painted the bathroom and got paint all over the base boards and didn't clean it off.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.

Room fine two of the three front desk workers terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was absolutely terrible and I’m still dealing with overdraft issues because the hold was charged not refunded by staff messing up. I also went to go to my room and they could t even find me in the room because they had t checked me in properly

Stay somewhere else this place looks good in pictures BUT IS A DUMP!!!

Everything the staff was rude the place was dirty,stuff broken and the pool was green.

Nothing the place was a dump, dirty, receptacles hanging out of the wall the smell was like dead animals.

Will not be back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were clean but hallways and stairs were dirty. I Had to go to the lobby three times before I could unlock my door. Staff said that they were having problems with this for a while. Bed and pillow were uncomfortable. Breakfast? cereal, pancakes and sausage links. Very limited food variety.

The TV

It was a comfy bed but no service. This place has gone downhill from last year.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk was unattended. We had to wait over half an hour to get checked in because they didn't have enough staff to man the front desk and attend to the needs of guests.

The bed was comfortable and the room hvac actually had a thermostat.

Worst hotel I've ever stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Where do I start! First of all the front desk lady was not very nice,then I was given the keys to "Our" room. As I open the door what did I see? Someone laying in bed. Good thing three was the bath room wall. Then when I a

Noting

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unclean, signs say under renovations but didn't see any improvements done. Tv had wrong resolution and couldn't change. A/C broken and only cooled somewhat, so in really hot summer wouldn't be any good. Never used pool it looked nasty and smelled of way to much chlorine. Water handles in bath were very loose and tub was hard to adjust water temp. Wife sprayed and used cleaning wipes to sanitize entire room. I have over 30 years in Hotel Maitenance and from what I noticed doesn't deserve a 1 star. Would have booked another hotel but everything full from time trials for Indy 500. In need of MAJOR renovations.

Sofabed was broken, no supports at the foot end. Outlet for coffee/microwave didn't work.
    • Queen Suite

The point was to get out of town for the weekend and destress after family tragedy: didn't do much good. Got handed room key/number and had to begin looking at displayed map to find room before desk clerk bothered to say where room was located,okay fine until: Booked a queen suite which had occupancy of 4. Room wasn't even ready for guests, no comforter on queen bed, given a whole 3 pillows, no bedding/sheets/pillows for sofabed use at all. Called for bedding for sofabed, desk gave husband key to another room and told him to get what he needed "no housekeeping on duty" so suddenly my HUSBAND had to do your work? Daughter had to sleep on sofa without it folded out due to it being broken at the foot. Thank god we didn't have 4 people booked in the room. In case you wonder: my kid was too tired to deal with a room transfer and asleep before we even had bedding. Multiple outlets weren't even properly affixed to walls/didn't work for coffee/microwave. Room key quit working 2nd day, went to desk to have fixed and desk person mummbled "just what she needed" under breath while reprogramming. Breakfast: didn't bother going to since it was in the pool area which had strong clorine smell. Bathroom recessed light made me question privacy since it wasn't even a proper fixture: outer ring then the bulb, but no inside casing. Don't bother looking for a phonebook there wasn't one, vending and amenities map usually displayed on hotel doors: nope. Don't worry though there was a bible with pages torn out. I'd rather drive a longer distance to the track than stay here for the price. Handles on multiple drawers weren't even attached just thrown inside the drawer. TV didn't even bother to set the correct ratio so picture was either cut off at top and bottom or squeezed and warped, once again HUSBAND had to fix.

Close to Indy Speedway

The pool and hot tub seemed very clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was told by two different men that their trucks were broken into and their catilac converters where cut off while they were asleep. They couldn’t get any of the staff to talk to them about the situation. Staff was very room and the beds were warm out and sunk in.

The pool and hot tub seemed very clean

It had a nice view of the water and my son loved the geese...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

It needs some major upkeep and renovations. Some outlets didn’t work, bathroom sink/ countertop was barely attached to the wall, doors were in rough shape, either water damage or mold spots on the ceilings.

It had a nice view of the water and my son loved the geese out of the window. Check in was easy.

Terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

The experience was terrible there was only one man working the desk so when I arrived there were a line of people waiting to get checked in. Once I finally got to the front the two men were arguing with each other and cursing each other out in their native language as well as the English language; as I awkwardly stood there waiting to be checked in one of the men said "sorry" and proceeded to check me in. They verbally tell you the room number, it is not even listed on any material (room key slip etc...) in case you forget. The pool and jacuzzi area were disgusting, the water had a yellow tint to it. My bedroom had a random wooden door in it that thankfully had a lock on it as it most likely leads to the next room. The room smelled terribly of cigarettes and looks nothing like the pictures shown for advertising. If I hadn't been on the road for so long and it wasn't' so late, I would have stayed somewhere else. There also was no bible, phone book, or wifi password information given. Literally the worst "hotel" experience I have ever had. I wish I could get a refund.

I won't be going back. it was not clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

The room smelled like cigarettes, looked like it was vacuumed in months... visible dust on the floor,I brought three kids with me and two of them have health issues. smoke alarm was hanging off the ceiling, shower curtain had black spots all over it, the pool was green. All breakfast tables were dirty.

It was cheap.

Less than satisfactory
    • King Room - Disability Access

There was NO shower curtain in my bathroom. I was there for business and I was on a schedule. I didn’t have time to have them address the issue, I had to get ready and go. Also, the room was exceptionally hot and humid when I arrived. The air had been off for who knows how long. I’m a cold natured person and I was sweating. It took me an hour to get the room to a reasonable temperature. The coffee mug and the coffee machine were dusty and the mug had some goo in it, so I passed on making coffee in the morning. The pedestal of the toilet was dirty down the front. When I checked in, they gave me my key and room number. No additional info offered and no info anywhere in the room. Not even the little map that tells you where you are in relation to exits. Nothing. There was breakfast that I wasn’t told about, so I missed that, but that’s ok, I didn’t trust the cleanliness at that point and would have passed anyway. It felt like I was given a room that had been gutted and forgotten about, except for the bed, TV (which I never turned on, I’ll assume it worked) towels and soap.

The beds and pillows were comfortable.

We will never return to this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

The bathtub hasn't been scrubbed in years. Crack in the bathroom sink. Pillows are only a half pillow, they put 3 on each bed. The beds didn't have a comforter, but a compilation of sheets (weird). The window opened, but there was no screen, so you couldn't leave it open. The ice machine couldn't keep up with the demand, so we didn't get any ice Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The breakfast was made up of processed food you microwave; sausage, egg patties, hash browns. They did have a waffle maker, and would put out cups of waffle mix, but i had to ask for it all 4days, and the fourth day they told me it was done for the day, come earlier tomorrow. The coffee was bad. The juice machine was never even plugged in. They did serve watered down orange juice from a pitcher. They also had bagels, packaged muffins and pastry, and white bread that got very dry in the acrylic serving box, and I watched them put that bread back in its plastic bag at 8:50 a.m. as they cleaned up breakfast, which ends at 9 a.m., and sometimes earlier. The hot tub water was clear, but the pool water looked gross. You could see down about 18", and then it got milky looking. The 2nd night we returned to the hotel to a strong smell of bleach in the pool area. I was relieved, but when we went to the pool, I believe only the hot tub was treated. The rest of the pool area was poorly maintained as well.

The front entry was beautiful. It was close to the activities we went to Indy for. Free parking and wifi (which worked most of the time).

Just a place to sleep. To expensive for that. I had hoped to swim but value my health
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was dirty and cloudy. The hot tub was called with mild at the waterline. The common areas were not clean. The breakfast was simply not worth eating.

The refrigerator worked

You can not shut the curtains at all, they were open.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

You can not shut the curtains at all, they were open. People could look in at any given time. There was not a remote in our room. We had two very anxious kids ready to watch TV, but it took the Maintenance Staff over an hour to find one. They did not let us know the WiFi password and it was not placed anywhere for someone to see. I had to call the front desk. It was not a bad price for the room and we only stayed one night since we had to go to Riley Children’s Hospital the next morning. If we would have had to stay longer, I probably would have switched hotels.

Nice web pics(catfish), Owners live on Site
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The owners live in the hotel as well. My room 147 was near the block of rooms they reside in. Their kids were running up and down the halls. Pool water looked murky, and we saw pubic hair in the jacuzzi

Pictures on Booking site

Location was right off highway, which made finding it very...

The rooms were situated around a giant atrium, which makes loud noises echo. Not very quiet when one comes to relax.

Location was right off highway, which made finding it very easy.

Acceptable but not everything I wished for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some lamps had no bulbs. If you sat on the corner of the bed it flipped up. Tv was glitchy. Would pay $15 more and get higher rating if there was a ping pong table, food ball table, pool table, pin ball machine, or other games in the courtyard for grandkids to play with.

Bed comfortable. Nice sized hot tub. Good breakfast.

Never again!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was disgusting, looks nothing like the picture. Stayed on April 9th and its May 6th and I still haven't received my 100.00 deposit back. Have called the hotel at least 3 times a week. Not sure why it's taken so long but I've never had an issue with it taking so long anywhere else I've ever stayed at.

It was close to Riley Hospital

Just awful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The manager tried to steal my money. I made a reservation and paid for it and when I called to confirm, the sceevy man on the phone laughed at me and hung up on me. I called back and he did it again. On the third call he interuppted me speaking about five words in and transferred me to the manager who denied me having a reservation even though I had paid and received a reservation confirmation. This man knew I had no other options as I had spent the last of my money on my reservation (I told him this) so he tried to take advantage of me knowing I was a young female traveling alone. I called booking.com who then called the hotel to ask why they lied to me and of course being confronted with consequences, they admitted to me having the reservation. So i ended up making my husband come with me because I was afraid to stay at this hotel alone after being manipulated like this. When we arrived, the greasy front desk employee (who did not say a word to us but simply handed us the keys without looking up from his computer) looked dirty and unprofessional. The hotel smelled musty and we were set up in a CONJOINED room with another person whose tv sound was blasting into our room all night. Totally refused to move us. Horrible experience. Not to mention the filth of the hotel (food left on the floor in our room when we arrived). The sheets were not even tucked into the bed and had STAINS ON THEM!!!! I only stayed here because I had already lost my money as there is no refund. I have worked in the hospitality industry my entire life so I understand this place has awful management and staff. Not to mention the obvious drug fiends staked outside the hotel at all hours of the night. I do not know how they're in business. Probably only known for being a cheap emergency hotel. Please do yourself a favor and bite bullet and pay a little extra for a safer, cleaner place to rest.

It was a last resort option so the price was helpful in finding an emergency get away

No stars

No restaurant -facilty is under construction. The room we were given was poorly renovated -window drywall not completed toilet not caulked and signs of leaks on the floor. Linens on made bed were stained and the box spring was covered with a stained sheet. Locks on door were broken and door was not painted. My husband and I were so upset by the appearance of the room that we immediately went to the front desk. We were told the room was assigned by mistake and that we should look at another room. The treatment we received from manager and woman who checked us in was just bad. They did not care about us and frankly we felt that the place was not safe. We left and advised Booking.com immediately.

a nightmare then had me using my inhaler for the entire weekend

see above

I like the entrance and the pool area. The 1st room I went into smelled like cigarettes the bathroom sink appears to be detached from the wall room dusty bed poorly made a leak in the bathroom under the sink water on the floor. Asked to be relocated by the manager was told they were sold out. When asked for a refund he found another room for me but that room also smelled of cigarettes and looked uncleaned. checked out within 2 hours of registering

Will never stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

The hotel was filthy. Not updated and furnishings pieced together. Carpet and smells throughout were disgusting and if it wasn't for many hotels in the area being booked due to tournaments I would not have stayed. Do not book this hotel. Only highlight was the geese that were entertaining and baby ducklings. However their poo was also all over the property parking lot from lack of maintenance.

The owners are trying very hard and seem to be good people but the place needs a lot of work.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness was the biggest problem. This is an older hotel that was purchased by a family that is trying very hard but they really need more staff judging by what gets overlooked. After finding hair from the previous guest in the shower and seeing a weird grey substance floating in our room's coffee pot, we decided not to try the continental breakfast. The price for all of this came to a little over $200 a night but we learned that was because of a big event in town. 2 out of 3 ice machines that I tried didn't work and the water in the pool was cloudy.

The staff and owners tried hard to address problems and issues. The owner offered to let my wife use the computer in his office to get her work done when we couldn't get the WiFi to work and they didn't charge us extra for checking in a little early. Excessive fees for such things is one problem that we have heard about this hotel and that didn't happen.

The worst 24 hours I’ve ever had!
    • King Room - Disability Access

Rooms are very dirty! Damaged doors and locks didn’t work. When you find hypodermic needle‘s in your room It’s time to leave!

Nothing I checked out early because of the rooms are awful the best thing was when I checked out and left!

Will never go bac
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sleep inn hotel best ever hands down

Pool. Looked like eagle creek plenty of spiders an ants. Breakfast..... terrible it needs new management bad. Has potential but very bad rite now

My stay was terrible. Dont know if I’d use trivago again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for pool side during check in and they said none available. When we walked past the pool the color of the water was green. Once in our room the bathroom door was not on but laying against a wallI. I went an asked for a new room, this time it was on the second floor. Couldn’t find an elevator. The room wasn’t nice. Dirty walls in the bathroom. At night there were 2 flood lights on the top of the building that shown in our window and the curtains did not pull shut. Walked around the pool and many empty rooms. I booked this hotel per the picture of the pool area on trivago. My granddaughter wouldnt go in the pool. Wish i had taken pictures to submit to trivago.

The rooms were big and easy to find.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was dirty and unkept unusable. Curtains just sheer and unable to keep light out at night.

The rooms were big and easy to find. The hotel was quite.

It was horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is nothing like the pictures that was posted on booking.com nor the hotel’s website which I always check both when booking a hotel we travel frequently I have never stayed at a place as bad as this staff was rude after I went to the room and the pool, the pool was so disgusting that nobody could even swim in it and they had it unlocked for kids to be able to go in there and swim. I went back to the front desk and talk to the guy that was working at the front desk in regards to the room and the pools not looking like they did in the pictures he told me since I booked it on booking.com then I had to call them so I did they called booking.com and Veronica try to get my money back he stated that there was not a manager there and couldn’t be one until Monday so he couldn’t guarantee me my money back. So my daughter and I ended up staying went downtown Indianapolis so we wasn’t in the room much not clean kids running around with scooters down by the pool . I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I could not turn on the air-conditioning because it was so dirty and nasty that I was afraid of getting more sick from turning it on .

Worst experience ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that I booked an hotel and called ahead of time to have a pool party only to get there and the pool is “ under maintenance “

Nothing staff was really rude and disrespectful

A place to stay cheep. But not a great place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not care for the staff, also the pool was cloudy and looked dirty. The room had updated but was very badly done. The room smelled and I did not feel good about the other guests. I think some live there. My car was KEYED in the parking lot. Horrible! Also the free breakfast was taken down at 8:30 NOT 9.

The price,

Horrible Hotel - Horrible Experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

Horrible Hotel Experience - Many Problems Multiple Problems. Multiple hotel patrons complaints even arguments with front desk staff Nilesh

Horrible Hotel Experience

Most disgusting,unprofessional hotel!! Do not stay here!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk entrance looked decent. At desk I asked to check the room before signing in as I always do before staying somewhere & was told I had to sign first so I did. He went with to the room which I want thinking but should have taken photos cause it was dirty. The heater/air vent was broken, pieces missing which my 1 yr old grandson could have cut himself on. Floor had rips in carpets, garbage pieces. Bathroom sink broken closet part & very dry with hair all in it. Bathtub the same. Went to look at where we would've been having breakfast since I booked thru here & paid an extra $10 for the breakfast, it had boxes all over in there & i cant see how they could even serve anyone food there when there's no place to sit or put food out! The pool, 1big reason i had booked there, was green & gross. The hot tub was broken & he said wasn't available to get used, tho on booking.com said all were clean & available. I immediately said no, were not staying in that hotel & asked for a refund. He told me they never do refunds but I could call later & speak to a manager named Jay regarding a refund. Upon calling several times always being told manager wasn't there, I called booking.com in which tried calling there, also getting told manager not available & they won't refund me my $80.71. The reviews I had seen here weren't bad, pictures looked decent, so I wasn't expecting perfect for the price but this place is very disgusting, rude, unprofessional & should be condemned!! This hotel should not be on any 3rd part booking sites let alone open to the public. I have turned this hotel into the better business bureau. Please be cautious whenever looking for a hotel online or thru a 3rd party, things arent always as it seems. Do not get taken for your money here as I did. Especially from Waterfront Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana!

Not worth it

Where to start- first off they only had one person working the lobby at check in time on a Saturday so the wait was crazy. There was some kind of growth or feces in our heating / air vent. Coffee maker in a room for four only had one mug. And it was dirty. The spaces for fire extinguishers on both ends of our hallways was empty. There were cigarette butts laying in the hallway floor - of a non smoking area. The bottom of the stairwell reaked of marijuana - and when we told the guy working he acted like it was no big deal but that triggers my daughters asthma. We chose this hotel primarily because the pool- which had to be closed because some kids peed in it and there was no one there to clean it till the next day. Breakfast was minimal- there were apples, one waffle maker for a hotel with 3 floors , some dried eggs and sausage links, watered down oranges juice and milk and cereal. Also yogurt and some bagels and muffins. Pretty basic . But the ceiling to the atrium leaks and it was raining so the floor had puddles all over in the area where break fast is serviced. To top it off when I made the reservation using a card but chose to pay st the hotel, we paid in cash. In full. After the fact my card was charged with out permission for a random charge and I couldn’t get any answer from the hotel about what it was. Safe to say we won’t be back.

I liked being able to spend time with my family, and even though our request for adjoining rooms was not met out rooms were only 3 doors apart. Parts of the hotel were nice- like the lobby. The beds were made with what appeared to be clean sheets, and out room did not smell like smoke.

You get what you pay for..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rented at this hotel cause of price, location and pool. Tons of kids in pool, jumping in hot tub...staff/parents did nothing. This pool has been shut down by the marion county public health dept, the sign was there but put to the sign and not very visible. No one should have been in this pool. Disappointed by that. Common areas, stairways were dirty. Cigarette butts in hallway. Didn't care for the groupings of people just hanging around the doors.

Was inexpensive, paid $69 per night. Had good TV selection, beds were comfortable. Room was clean, out dated a little, but room was clean.

This staff is extremely hostile and rude, and this hotel is subpar at best.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Lake Side

The hotel staff was extremely rude, aggressive, hostile and overly emotional. He threatened to call the police and put me out of my room because parents and friends lingered in the room when dropping off their children for my daughters birthday slumber party. He told me I had to many guest staying (when really it was only 4 children that would be sleeping in the hotel) and I didn’t notify the hotel per policy that I was having a party. I had also hung minimal directions with tape on the walls. Meanwhile, the whole pool area is filled to capacity with children attending what seemed like other birthday slumber parties. Once I asked him to print and show me that policy he suddenly had nothing more to say to me and the police were not called. The worker went further with his passive aggressive behavior and closed the pool area from guests at 9:06 when the posted hours said 11pm closure on Saturday evenings. He offered no explanation and was extremely rude, literally shooing and screaming for us to “get out of the pool right now.” Beyond that the room was adequate but not the most clean furniture. The GM Jay did come apologize for his staff behavior and assured me everything was okay with my reservation and decorations.

Pool area and entrance fountain.

Staff were very nice.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Mattresses should've had mattress covers. The roof over pool needs to be replaced. The pool water wasn't very clear and it was food on the floor near hot tub. Area under stairs for maintenance should be out of site. Looked disgusting

Staff were very nice.

Would not recommend, needs a lot of cleaning.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpeted stairs and hallways were dirty could see trash everywhere. Soon as we walked into our room it stunk horribly. The bed skirt had a dark brown stain or something on it. Shower curtain was nasty as well. Tub was gross looming. The pool was not as clean as I thought it should look. Also had leaks in the roof. 1st floor has tiles missing and water dripping thru.

Bed was very comfortable.

this hotel was dirty and run down, I will never stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything. Disgusting, dirty, total run down dump. Pictures online did not portray the actual property. Pool cloudy, everything broken( tiles, railings), room was nasty. No screen on window. Reeked of cigarette smoke, blood on shower curtain. I have pictures to prove it.

Nothing. Totally disappointed

Shady people. Drug den. Never again. Not family friendly!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First I was given the wrong room number, walked in and inhaled so much marijuana smoke it was insane. The whole place smelled like it the whole trip. Found pieces of marijuana in our beds when we pulled back the blankets. The staff knew what was going on. Never again!! Oh and my niece was told the coffee at the front desk was only for certain people. Overheard several people leaving early for the above reasons and they refused to give any money back. Shady people.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No hot water and the heater didn’t work the first night and the bed was not very sturdy. The heat didn’t work very well the first night and the first two nights there was luke warm water

Browse Waterfront Hotel traveller photo gallery