Reviews of Comfort Inn Boston 3 stars

900 William T. Morrissey Boulevard, Dorchester, Boston, MA 02122, USA

#74 of 81 hotels in Boston

Location is acceptable, far from the Downtown but near a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Most of staffs are friendly, but when I asked for printing, the front door woman was so rude.

Location is acceptable, far from the Downtown but near a metro station, about 15 minuets walking to the station. The hotel offers breakfast. Pretty clean. Prices are okay.

Great friendly staff and comfortable beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were very happy with our stay. The only negative was one of the elevators was out of service, but the wait time was not excessive.

Bed and pillows were comfortable, room was clean. Breakfast was fresh and there were many selections. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable

Absolutely awful and poor value for money

The hotel is old and only adequately maintained, It sits in a not nice area of Boston with walking access to very few restaurants. The shuttle service offered to local station and airport proved unreliable at best and the rail link to the city was old and felt unsafe. The hotel itself backed onto multiple rail tracks so anyone having a room at the back as we did should expect about a dozen subway/Amtrak trains an hour passing within 50 yards of their window. The noise was quite incredible. Breakfast was poor. Having stayed in multiple Comfort Inns across the US and typically being very satisfied, this one destroyed the brand for us. The room rate was well beyond the service quality offered. Staff were however as helpful as they could be!

Nothing to like about this way overpriced hotel

Bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

only served sausage for breakfast all 7 days, no bacon, no biscuits and gravy which I had come to expect at least one day when I stayed at Choice Hotel. No free water bottle given. TV was small for room

Bed was comfortable. Front desk was very helpful

The breakfast was good. My stay could have been better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was construction on the floor above us and I could not finish resting. The staff did not tell us that or the fact that our room was located next to the gym and you could hear gym equipment throughout the day. Upon arrival the computer was down and I almost had to go to the hotel down the road at 2:00a in the morning.

I scheduled a shuttle to the airport at 11:00 am sharp and he was 30 mins late.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk lady in the morning on 5/11 was very unhelpful, dismissive to customer questions, and disappeared for over 10 mins. I watched the customer ring the bell 4 times.

Location is great, close to Boston but not too expensive.

Not the cleanest room, there was a dried snot on one of the towels, and a piece of bread under the sink. Also many of the channels on the TV were fuzzy.

Location is great, close to Boston but not too expensive. The front desk worker was very nice. There were a lot of options for breakfast, and a waffle maker!

Our trip was very enjoyable and the Comfort Inn in Boston made that possible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The curtains don't close all the way and I mean there is at least a 2 foot gap, so the early morning light woke me up. Also, I would skip the eggs, my husband tried them and he said they didn't taste "real"

The room was very comfortable, tastefully decorated and clean. We loved the room and you get a good breakfast to start your day. There are 2 waffle makers, a selection of fruit, yogurt, and pastries. There is a shuttle service from the hotel to the subway station and the airport, which was very helpful! We learned very quickly that there is no affordable parking in Boston. The staff helped us learn where we need to get off the subway to visit key locations in Boston. They even looked up local restaurants for us and the on-off trolley schedule.

Would never stay there again. Hotel needs a complete overhaul. Staff was fine though.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything else. Location - too far. Hotel common area was OK but the room was tired, dingy and disgusting. So much so that I wouldn't put my feet on the ground and kept my things in the bathtub rather than on the rug or chair. One of the smelliest, dirtiest rooms I have ever stayed in and I travel a LOT.

Check in was fine. The shuttle driver was nice although the shuttle only runs on the hour.

I'm unsure I would visit again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the beds were extremely uncomfortable, the cable tv quality was poor, no activities at location to do (swimming, lounge ect) no access to paid tv channels or movies.

the location is nice

It was perfect for what I wanted
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could have had more shuttles, it was a very busy weekend, and the traffic was horrible. The drivers were very helpful and friendly.

The place was newly renovated. Bathrooms, new tile, molded tub and shower,large, no mould anywhere. Breakfast was fine, a lot of variety, good service by the attendant. It not moms cooking, but it wasen't bad. Everyone was helpful and attendant. Area is commercial, have to drive to a good restaurant. Ample parking.

the bed were fine, parking good but twice I had a knock at...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

100 feet from the train tracks, breakfast was overcrowded so we didn't stay even though that was one reason we stayed there

the bed were fine, parking good but twice I had a knock at the door, the staff booked my room twice after we arrived

Shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as to and...

Shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as to and from the JFK/UMASS train station was incredibly convenient, and the drivers were all very friendly.

Horrible time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

rooms were dirty. bathroom toilet was broken. tv picture quality was horrible. room smelt moldy and friends who came said there rooms where bad also. wouldn't recommend or stay at a comfort inn again.

location and staff

WONDERFUL!

Your employee Chol is the nicest, kindest, friendliest and most professional person I have met at any hotel throughout our country! He truly is the best, a real pleasure to be around. Pam Kirouac Sebring, FL

Besides the unfortunate bombogenesis cyclone nor-easter that kept us inside 1 1/2 days., it was nice

The people coming in to get a room we’re getting a rate of 92$ and we paid 150$ The breakfast eggs could be scrambled sometimes not just over easy.

The hotel is walking distance from food places. The cleaning staff were very nice and efficient.

Clean and friendly, great breakfast.

Being remodeled so there was no fitness center or business center. They were able to print out something for us at the front desk.

Clean and friendly, great breakfast.

I missed a connecting flight in Boston.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Keep in mind it's not the Ritz.

I missed a connecting flight in Boston. This hotel is great for that kind of thing -- first, they offer a free shuttle to the airport, the rooms are comfortable if a little run down. It was clean -- not a vacation location at all, but if you're in a bind, this is a good bargain. Staff were friendly, the sheets were clean and after 14 plus hours of travel, this was all I needed.

Bed waz comfy, kinda dusty in tge room

Housekeeping barged in on me and my partner at 10:20, checkout was at 12, she said sorry but woke us up from our nap, we ended up leaving shortly there after.

Bed waz comfy, kinda dusty in tge room

Comfort Inn made our stay in Dorchester, MA very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Continental breakfast was both comperehensive and good. First time that I have had a choice of waffle batter (regular or blueberry). Fruit was fresh (the oranges were better than I can get here in Florida). Staff was both courteous and efficient.

Great location close to Boston w/ fair price w/ all the comforts I'm use to.

no complaints...would definitely stay again...just had a hard time locating that particular comfort inn on booking.com, helps to know its on Morrisey blvd. Dorchester

staff was extremely friendly and helpful...location was perfect for me to get to doctors appt in Boston @ BWH next morning and price was reasonable...my room was comfortable and fully loaded, refrigerator, coffee maker etc...included breakfast next morning was great, lots of choices...I had to stay there due to evacuation of home from a bad storm...the workers kept up w/ clearing snow and making parking spots available while it was incredible freezes out in the negative digits

A W E S O M E
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Oliver was amazing! He was the nicest person we found on our trip and probably one of the nicest managers I’ve met in my whole hotel experiences. I loved everything about this place, I’m going to come back here that’s for sure!

Good quality for the money

The system was down when we were checking out. We wanted to pay with cash but they had to charge the card on file since they couldn't use the computer. Not a deal breaker, but it was a inconvenience.

Continental breakfast was included and they had a very nice spread of assorted items.

The hotel was clean and breakfast was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were absolutely horrible they do not fit 2 people at all I couldn’t even sleep with my husband I had to sleep with my daughter and it was still crowded worse night of my life!! They are not double beds

The hotel was clean and breakfast was good

Easy to find
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast room being remodeled. Eggs were all over cooked. No socket to plug kettle in had to move it and unplug TV. Top socket didn't work.

Easy to find

Very enjoyable and comfortable.

A little away from city centre but train service was good and there was a complementary shuttle.

The place was a little away from shops etc but other than that it was perfect.

Not going back for sure.

Key cards didn't work. Had to go back to the front desk often to get them reprogrammed. Toilet flush didn't work properly. We were there for two days and had to get someone twice to get it fixed. Staff was loud outside our room and the room was not sound proofed at all. And here's the WORST part... the hotel is adjacent to train tracks! The train runs till late at night and can be heard very loudly inside the room. We couldn't get much needed sleep. We felt tired after staying at the hotel.

Parking was OK. It is limited. The breakfast is adequate. Price is better than most downtown hotels.

Very helpful and friendly reception staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were on the ground floor and it was very noisy every time someone closed their bedroom door. A bit far out of town , although there is a shuttle to the station it is very busy from 9.00 am to 11.00 am. Expensive considering age of the hotel.

Very friendly and assistful reception staff , large room , excellent breakfast ,breakfast room very busy until 10.00am Free airport and station shuttle

Clean comfortable room.

I had to call the property to get the airport shuttle, and the person I spoke to told me to go to the wrong place to pick it up. After waiting an hour, I called back and they told me to go to a different location. When the driver arrived, he did not apologize, nor did the staff at the hotel say that they were sorry for my inconvenience.

Clean comfortable room. Breakfast was okay.

Convenient for what I was doing in Boston.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet in the room was not working when I checked in. They did come to fix it promptly but it was disconcerting. Fan was noisy and windows faced train tracks also noisy.

Lovely room, lovely housekeeping. Nice reception staff and basic breakfast. Unreliable Shuttles!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The complimentary shuttle service they provide! We never got on one the time they advertised during our week's stay, it was very frustrating but I feel because it's complimentary they didn't really care about how unreliable the service was. All the drivers though were very nice except one. Youngish guy with long hair usually in a bun, was the most grumpy/rude person I met in the whole of my 10 day trip in the states. Never communicated with passengers nor apologised when running late like the other drivers did. Bad driver in general and would also text while driving passengers in the shuttle, which is seriously dangerous and unacceptable!

Housekeeping was amazing, we had a lovely woman (who I forgot to ask the name of), european/Spanish, slightly older, red hair and glasses. She was so attentive, friendly and warm, she truly made us feel looked after! Staff at reception were nice for the most part, if not a bit unorganised at times but mostly helpful if they could be. Breakfast was quite limited but nice and it was free so can't really complain there! Time for breakfast was good too, from 6:00am-10:00am.

Overall a good stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Two people in the room but the cleaning people would take four used washcloths but only leave two or three clean ones. I prefer not washing my face with the same cloth that washed my private areas with. Also, if I have to ask Evert morning for extra coffee fur two people just keep leaving the coffee.one pack one brew for two people just doesn't work.

Good quality for a competitive price.

Was further from town and area was a bit run down, but it was the only way i could get something of acceptable quality at around $200 a night. Close to the T station via a short lyft ride.

Staff friendly, free breakfast, clean, comfortable.

The staff were super nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were super nice. Even helped us figure out what to do and how to get there. The room were great and the bed were comfy, but since we were super tired we would have been happy to sleep on the floor!

extremely unsatisfied!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The toilet was clogged and the heater didn't work. It was a very cold night. No one was able to fix the problems and the desk clerk just gave me a plunger..didn't offer me another room or any help!

Making your own waffles. The selection of foods was good.

Incredible staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

What I was so impressed about was the staff. Each one I encountered was the utmost helpful courteous and oh so pleasant and nice. The flaws I saw just did not matter as they were minor . If the staff had bee.n just there to collect a paycheck o would have been overly critical. I would stay here again

The facility was not out of this world bit it was comfortable and reasonable clean and I could see staff doing upkeep on the building as well as rooms so it is obvious that comfort inn took pride and card in the hotel.

Location-close to city easy to get an Uber

Our sheets were covered in someone else’s hair when we pulled the blankets back. We told the front desk and he apologized and gave us new sheets so we changed them out for clean ones. They obviously hadn’t been changed between guests. No excuse for that

Location-close to city easy to get an Uber

Airport shuttle promptness is vital, they need to remember that.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Airport shuttle was not punctual. The main reason for selecting this hotel was the airport shuttle, when that does not work properly, the stay is not too good.

Falling Apart
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet wouldn't flush well, bathroom fan didn't work, light would go on and off magically. Poor infastructure. Dressed up nicely but falling apart.

Good breakfast and airport shuttle.

Overall rating fair to poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Facility really needs updating. It’s looks dirty and dingy. TV reception was poor and a couple of the the lamps did not function at all. Over priced for the quality.

Cheapest in town

Very good value for money. Very helpful, friendly staff, this this makes up for any short comings.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clearer instructions/method required as to best way to reach hotel from airport also returning to airport. Everything regards this matter is still a bit vague.

Staff very helpful and friendly. We were able to check in much earlier when we asked to leave luggage which was a great help to us. Overall good value for money.

The good news is the shuttle service they have to the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The good news is the shuttle service they have to the railroad station making it easy to get in and out of Boston. The bad news is the lousy and miserable breakfast they serve in these joints where everything is made of plastic to the tune of $ 240.- a night.

Great stay for us - wonderful having the free shuttle Sevice was a nice bonus !!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

2 of us the room only 1 reg coffee Tv options poor - would've liked to watch a movie -other than bowling alley or subway no restaurant in walking distance - arrived at nite & didn't want to drive in area we don't know - ended up ordering on pizza

The staff was very helpful n friendly - bed was comfortable & hotel clean

A little spendy, good breakfast, some excellent staff, apparently some organizational issues.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The airport shuttle was a disaster. We waited 2 and a half HOURS to get a pickup in spite of ten phone calls when we were consistently given some variation of "He'll be right there; he's just coming from the other terminal." Guest services staff get an F. But when we discussed it with the manager, she quickly offered apologies backed up with a refund. So she gets an A!

The manager on site was extremely accommodating when there was a problem. She worked to be sure that we felt our issue had been addressed appropriately. See below "What didn't you like?" for the issue

comfortable

unfortunately there is not much around the hotel ie. restaurants unless you count the bowling alley

shuttle service was great considering this is not inside the city proper

Thoughtful and attentive staff,reasonable location for our trip to Boston and Fenway and good value

Room was non smoking but had a slight smell of smoke-everything elsewas fine

The hotel has a free shuttle to the "Red Line"3.3km away that was quite handy and even had a pickup option after 11pm, our checking was early and Krystal at the front desk was very Helpful ,even picking up in idle conversation that it was my wife's Birthday - upon arrival back to the hotel after an outing to Fenway Park my wife was pleasantly surprised to find a lovely box of delicious chocolates.the next morning we had breakfast (included) it was well presented and tasty.checking out we received good advice on how to make it to the car rental pickup location In Boston-overall a very pleasant stay. :-)

Would rather have stayed in a B&B further out of town-better value.

Very expensive for what you got ie just a room. No restaurant or even bar on site. Breakfast was very 'mass produced' and un-appetising after a week in delightful B and Bs.

Staff helpful. Clean and comfortable.

The staff was helpful & friendly, the rooms comfortable & clean...we couldn't have asked for more.

Very comfortable bed w/lots of pillows, good water pressure, clean. When we left a tip for the maid, she left a "Thank You So Much" note. Eggs were bland, but they have to be, sausage a bit overdone; however, it's impossible to please everyone regarding food - free or not. The waffle & everything else were great!!

Shuttle Bus Driver Juan broke the law and endangered guest lives on the road!

Lamp was broken in room, called the front desk to fix it...no one showed up. I had to go down and talk to them several hours later after I got sick of waiting and they finally sent someone. The shuttle bus driver (Juan, driving Hotel 4 license plate bus, broke the law by talking on his handheld cell phone while driving. I called him out on it and he was VERY rude saying "You have no proof!" He could have at least said he was sorry and wouldn't do it again or something. I sent a complaint to the hotel about it and no one responded to me. It is not only illegal but he was putting hotel guest lives at risk on the road!

very friendly and helpful staff, they were patient and took...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the pool is in another facility not that close

very friendly and helpful staff, they were patient and took the time to help me find places to visit. The breakfast was ok, many items to choose from.

overall pleased with our stay. excellent staff made our stay quite enjoyable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms need better/more lighting. Could use a general upgrade and remodel. overall very pleased.

Staff was excellent and helpful, especially Alisha who really helped us with Redsox tickets. Room could use better/more lighting. Breakfast was fine. Nice shuttle service to/from airport and jfk/umass subway station,

excellent

Not one thing

Front desk ALL employees went over and beyond to assist us wonderful experience for our 50th wedding anniversary 1st night stay in Boston

will have to investigate booking.com more next time since my business colleague got a better rate
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My business colleague got an identical room for less money and she booked after me-same date-same stay

like the breakfast selections, nice touch to have complimentary breakfast.

It sucked.

Booked a room with two double beds, but was put in a room with one double bed. Staff refused to correct the situation. Spending $200 to develop the need for chiropractic treatment is not good value.

Not much

It was okey

The thick curtains don't close, they are just decorative very poor breakfast poor location

clean comfortable bed free shuttle from/to airport and Boston Convention Center

This hotel met our expectations.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The invoice with my personal information was left on the hallway in front of the door. This supposed to be given to you from the receptionist at the time you check out.

The room was clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and helpful. Easy access from the highway and shuttle to and from T station. Breakfast was a bonus. I wouldn't have any problem booking this hotel again, also recommend it to my friends who wants to save some $$.

Excellent value for money and ideal location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For what we paid there was nothing to dislike apart from very noisy aircon in bedroom

Excellent location for Red line train to Boston centre and very efficient shuttle service to train at JFK and also to airport

Glad to be gone. Except for Krystal

Tired old building needs renovation bad neighborhood permanent residents hanging around outside smoking

Krystal at the front desk was absolutely great helping us with the rental car we appreciate her very much

It was pretty good overall despite the second night of little sleep due honours from other guests
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact teenagers kept us up all night and woke us back up by 5 am by banging and banging on all the doors around us including ours. 2 calls to the front desk and nothing done.

I enjoyed the breakfast and the pool

Good breakfast selection
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms at the back of the hotel are noisy because of trainline. Rooms have small windows so are very dark. Shuttles to the nearest train station are often too full. Not a very good location without a car. Very expensive for what it is, compared to the rest of the hotels I've stayed in on this trip.

Good breakfast selection Free airport shuttle

only stay if you can't find anywhere cheaper
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

rooms old fashioned and smoky even though supposed to be smoke free. very noisy at night. not a great area. very expensive for what you got! maybe these are the prices in Boston but after travelling around america this was the most expensive and worst one.

it had free parking. able to use computer to print off boarding oasses

Stayed here with 2 teenage grandsons for Boston sightseeing. Will stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very comfortable beds. Staff could not have been more courteous or helpful with all requests, including where to get off of the T, etc. Breakfast area was airy and very clean. Food for breakfast was plentiful and good.

Overall it was a good stay ...I would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The double beds were smaller than I thought....don't think it was full size...a little bigger than a twin...double meant double size..... Not a nice view from the back....so if you want a pretty view ....ask for a front view hotel....discounts should be given for back rooms, because of view and noise from the trains..

The shuttle was very convenient...especially since we didn't have a car....the hotel was very close to many attractions in the area as well as relatives nearby . The market across the street made it easy to get additional food for the day. The entire staff was friendly , polite and accommodating. The breakfast was satisfying .

Our Boston Trip

We have no complaints about our stay at Comfort Inn. The Staff was very helpful and made sure our stay was what we hoped it would be.

The breakfast was really good. A big selection from eggs, sausage, donuts, waffles, just to name a few.

Clean room, most staff was friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Morning shuttle "announcement" could have been better. Stood outside waiting, shuttle only announced in lobby.

Clean room, most staff was friendly.

I enjoy the stay but for the price not worth it nothing to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I enjoy the stay but for the price not worth it nothing to do or enjoy close by. Also booked the stay then to show up and be told something else then do have to drive around to look for a bank not fair when online to book one thing until you show up then another.

Great experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room is large and cozy. The location is fine that we can easily Uber anywhere. Don't know much about other transportation. It is not that near ocean. There is a supermarket across street which is convenient. In general, it is a great hotel considering the price.

Not A Good Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleaner failed to clean our room. Desk said that was policy for 2 day stays, then later recanted saying that was not policy.

I did not like anything about this stay.

To much money for place like this.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff need more training,dirty holways, bathrooms, broken shower head and slow draining tub, noisy train passing by every few minutes.

Breakfast, free bus to subway,

Really liked the courtesy shuttle to and from the airport...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There really wasn't much to do near the hotel, so we travelled into downtown Boston.

Really liked the courtesy shuttle to and from the airport and also to the nearest subway station.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The night manager sent us to a room already occupied, then complained how the owners do not know how to run a hotel, he has quit twice already and was going to quit again. They are home sleeping while he is working. I booked well in advance, seems as though they scrambled to find us a room. Sink was dirty, breakfast was gone quickly and not refilled. Had a piece of cold sausage & what appeared to be a rubber egg. Bed was uncomfortable, train was loud. Bad area, advertises bowling alley within 100 ft, it's more than 100 ft, had to walk next to major highway, got there same time as 12 cops to arrest a drunk, kids smoking pot at the entrance while cop stands inside with a most wanted picture up on his computer. Boston was fabulous but I would definitely stay elsewhere, even if it costs more.

Not much of anything, very disappointed

Besides people smoking outside the entrance, overall, my husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Inn.

We did not like entering the property with people smoking outside next to the entrance. I am recovering from acute bronchitis and the cigarette smoke affected my breathing.

Charged for two hotel 4ooms due to weather!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We didn't stay there because our flight was delayed and stuck in Orlando due to weather. We were charged just the same. We called and told them situation from airport. We booked hotel in Orlando. Paid for two hotel rooms instead of one. Lesson learned!

The shower was great and I liked the type of...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we were checking out (at check out time), there was a worker in the small lobby that was trying to shampoo the carpet....pretty bad timing because there were a lot of people checking out, he was pretty rude about people stepping on the rug, but there was really no where else to stand.

The shower was great and I liked the type of shampoo/conditioner you guys give complimentary!

Shuttle bus was good but sometimes was full when arriving...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price for this hotel was a little expensive.

Shuttle bus was good but sometimes was full when arriving from Ramada Hotel & had to wait another 30 mins. Hotel did put an extra shuttle on one day. Hotel very clean & bed comfortable. Breakfast very good & plentiful.