Reviews of Comfort Inn Airport Bloomington 3 stars

1321 East 78th Street, Bloomington, MN 55425, USA

#35 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Better TV channels. The majority of the channels are news or sports. After a long day walking the Mall of America it would have been nice to come back and relax with some TV.

The bed was so comfy. It was nice to have eggs and bacon or sausage depending on which day. The room was so quiet. I didn’t hear any outside noise or any noise from the hall. Many good restaurants with a few blocks. Outback Steakhouse is attached to the hotel.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room assigned to me had bed bugs.had to go to another room the same night. No ice for 4 days on the 5th floor for 4 days. People sitting on the floor in the hallway late at night.

The breakfast was a plus

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff is what makes this place a great place to stay. Currently undergoing renovations and it’s noticeable in some areas, but I don’t really hear any construction noise. I’d like to personally highlight Delan and Kelly who work at the front desk. These two are the friendliest, professional and caring individuals. I felt totally taken care of and walked away from the desk the happiest I’ve felt In quite a while. Literally smiling. The rooms are great, clean and quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was terrible. The pool is not a real swimming pool, the gym is not a real gym.

Quiet, convenient, affordable after discounts. Easy going and helpful staff. Decent size room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lightening strike in the area knocked out their internet and some of their computers. We arrived near midnight and were initially informed that we could not check in because of the issue. After about 20 minutes, staff decided they were going to use a personal cell phone to get us checked in. They showed creativity, but we also couldn't use our card to pay for the room due to the problem with the computers. Fortunately I had enough cash for one night. I know they can't control the weather, but it was a major inconvenience. I would like to see at least a small amount taken off the bill, as some of the breakfast machines did not work the next morning as well.

Very friendly staff that worked hard to get us checked in when we arrived late at night after a concert. They also provided juice bottles with breakfast as the juice dispensers were some of the machines damaged by a nearby lightening strike.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hallway had a funny smell. Have stayed here several times and this was the only time it had a smell.

Great food, good service. I like their business hours.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

No towel bars in the bathroom/ one shuttle driver not personable/unresponsive when we tried to talk to him (but the others we’re fine) Breakfast was mediocre. It would have been nice to have some scrambled eggs without cheese.

Connected to Outback/ convenient location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed that there were so many disposable products used in the kitchen and bathroom (they are striving to be green, especially in laundry use). I would have preferred to pay a few more dollars to help pay for the dishwasher to clean plates and not have recycled paper ones or plastic glasses and cutlery. After all, Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 lakes, so they must have water! ;-)

Everyone I met was very helpful, no matter what the question. I especially enjoyed sitting on the comfortable sofas in the lobby and watching the weather channel on the big screen T.V. There was a cooler of fresh lemon water to enjoy, too. We really appreciated having two queen beds and a refrigerator and microwave in the room, as we were traveling internationally and sleeping/eating at unusual times. The breakfast included delicious fresh waffles. It was just a short trip to the airport. Even with tips, it was more efficient and cheaper than using the parking ramp.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that there wasn’t a fan in the bathroom, beds were small, and that you didn’t have a hot tub.

I liked having a microwave and fridge in the room. The room rate was reasonable. You had a decent breakfast in the morning.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a dirty diaper under the desk which I presumed left by the previous guests. That's an indication that housekeeping didn't vacuum the floor. Also the surfaces of the desk and nightstands felt sticky, I had to wipe down everythlng personally. 😖😖 And the room has a funky smell. My grandson asked me to get some room air freshener.

The shuttle to the mall and airport.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

A little upset at 9:40am House keeping knocked on door and walked straight in instead of waiting for a response. It was not respectful for my privacy.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We came to Bloomington to watch the twins vs Blue Jays. The hotel was very accommodating in providing its shuttle service to MOA, so we could take the metro to Target stadium - worked well for us. Rooms very comfortable, excellent breakfast and great location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the staff was helpful but did not beyond courtesy help near the front desk. breakfast good but cheese in the eggs is not always wanted, a choice of with or without would have been nice.

most everything. Outback steakhouse next door was a great plus.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The exercise facility is in great need of an upgrade, plus more than just three apparatus to share with other guests. Had to walk through the swimming pool room to get to the breakfast room. The pool was heavily chlorinated, which meant enduring the unpleasantness of burning eyes and sinuses right before eating, every morning.

The staff are really exceptional. The breakfast was decent and plentiful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE A BIGGER ROOM BUT IT WAS NICE AND CLEAN, THE BEDS ARE NOT TOO COMFORTABLE BUT I SLEPT OK.

THE LOCATION WAS GREAT, THEY HAD SHUTTLE SERVICE AND PLENTY OF DIFFERENT BREAKFAST ITEMS AND WAS STOCKED WELL FOR BREAKFAST.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff I encountered checking in and out were amazing ... The breakfast staff on our 2nd day was verbally rude in front of everyone in the breakfast room ... We were all concerned about the pool being muggy and NOT heated as stated. Her response was "Take that up with front desk and if you dont like it go stay some where else!" Then proceeded to tell everyone eating to "Hurry up because she has a lot of other people trying to sit down and eat too!" Wow Not to mention the king bed was comfy however they need to upgrade their pull out couches as they were very uncomfortable and small. Also I didn't like the fact that they block you from using the extra hdmi ports for you game or firestick hook up ... Also the cleaning staff needs to move the couches and clean under them it was some chips left from another stay and it caused ants in the room eating them

The breakfast was ok, But the location of this hotel was the best! Very close to the Mall of America and Downtown Minneapolis

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Chemical smell in room until we put the fan on for couple hours

Great location. Easy to get on and off the #494 to get around the city and to Chanhassen

Blueberry waffles were a nice touch. Booking.com messed up the reservation, we were one room short when we arrived, the manager fixed the issue with reserving us an additional room with no problems. He stayed calm and helpful.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was freezing to a level of unswimmable. The drains in the pool area were backed up for the whole day which made it dangerous. The breakfast area was so busy.

The bed was comfortable the room was awesome. It had a fridge and microwave! We were able to watch the planes fly by all night which was magical!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was awesome. They were friendly and funny. Our flight was cancelled due to the weather, but our luggage was already on the plane. Mary was extremely helpful getting us essential supplies.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was cold and there was no hot tub which was kind of a bummer. The noise from the airport woke me up a few times.

Great location close to the Mall of America. The staff was extremely accommodating including letting us check out late due to a blizzard the day before and wanting to make sure the roads were clear before we left.

No hot tub

Staff was amazing with helping me. Had to stay another night and they were great with helping me out when was short on funds and needed help from family member The manager was great when I checked everyone was just so friendly here and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very nice and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast each day except our last morning since we needed to get to the airport. The shuttle to the MOA was very good and all of the drivers were friendly as were all of the staff.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Had a family friend stay there too and they had problems with decreasing their stay from 3 to 2 nights with the same rate.

Very nice and clean. Front desk staff pleasant

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not cleaned upon entering. There was urine on the toilet seat!! The heating unit below the window was awful!!! No matter how you set it, it would turn on with a blast, over heat the room, and then shut off. This would happen about every 15 minutes..ALL NIGHT LONG. Elevator's were freezing on the outside walls.

Outback Restaurant connected to the Hotel, and it was close to the airport and Mall of America and had a shuttle to the Mall.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room we were given had wet carpet and we had to go back to the desk, wait a really long time and get a new room. The check in process took a long time.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Does not apply..enjoyed the property.

Location was close to Mall of America, which was the reason for the stay. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Will definitely choose this hotel again on next visit.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The entrance was hard to find. The pool and area needs some attention. Our hallway was dimly lit. With some updating it will be a nice place. The breakfast area is only accessible from the pool area so you smell pool when wanting to enjoy breakfast.

It was across from mall of America and close to the airport. Our room was very clean and the lobby was nice and clean and it looks as though there is some redecorating going on.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When the hotel is packed, so is breakfast. The line can get quite long and the seating area is not that big to hold a lot of people. The hotel could use a little maintenance but it was clean overall and would probably stay there again.

Breakfast was good - about what you'd expect, a lot better than a continental breakfast with egg and cheese omelets, sausage or bacon and waffles. There was bagels, toast, doughnuts and ceral available as well. The staff is super nice and accommodating.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

hallways smelled like smoke I thought is was a smokefree facility check in took way too long only 2 staff at the desk too few for such a big hotel

close to mall of America good breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Short staffed. Very limited supply of pool towels. Need another employee in the breakfast area to stay on top of the cleaning.

Hotel was what we expected in the lower end of the price range. Was a little dated but clean and comfortable. Staff seemed overwhelmed most of the time(always frantically looking for help) pool towels were in very short supply and when asked the desk for more they claimed they were working on it but made a call as soon as we walked around the corner and after waiting 20 mins we asked again and the clerk became pretty rude. Breakfast area was packed and basically sticky all 3 mornings we were there, again they were overwhelmed. Tables sat unclean and floor was trashed. That being said it was still good and a good value. Pool was a little cool but very tolerable and had an 8 foot deep end the kids loved. No hot tub :( bring extra towels!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was an incident in the pool our 1st night there a woman was screaming at every child who jumped in the pool she was cussing and swearing i went to front desk to tell them someone needed to get to the pool area immediately i went back to pool to gather the kids up and our things and the woman continued to scream at me and get in my face as well as her son i was holding my 6month old daughter telling me they were going to punch me knock me and my ugly baby out the son then went after my 14 year old daughter saying he was going to punch her i had my friend call 911 because noone came from the front desk yet. Police showed up we gave statements were told we needed to stay in our room for the rest of the night or we would be evicted for something I had no control of we didnt go to breakfast or use the pool the rest of our vacation due to living in fear we would be attacked by the other guest. This was the worst stay I have ever had at a hotel. I felt unprotected and unsafe and feared for my children's lives.

The beds were very comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled a little. When i called the front desk for towels the guy was impatient and talked very fast. The towels never showed up. I had to ask the cleaning people for towels.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff made us wait hours until we were checked In & they checked in a lot of families before us & lied & said their weren’t any rooms left but didn’t even check they were just telling us anything

It was close to the mall of America

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was really cold and there wasn't a hot tub. Plus our heater in our room didn't work right. The actual room was nice though and friendly staff.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I went to check in and they told me they couldn't find the reservation from booking.com, so they set me up with another room. I contacted booking and they contacted the property who in turn said i was a no show. I called them again myself and they said they had no proof of my reservation from booking. I have proof on my bank statement I was charged twice. I was there and nobody is giving me a straight answer or a refund. I will not book them again.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fold-out sofa was more like a fold-out love seat and barely slept two children under the age of 10. The bathroom seemed cramped, though was adequate for our needs. The night we attempted to swim, the water was borderline cold. The breakfast area is just past the pool which seems like an odd location.

The rooms were adequate and the staff was very helpful and prompt when needed. Breakfast was great every morning and was constantly resupplied while we were there. The Outback Steakhouse is connected making for an easy dinner.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Wedding band lost had it sat it on table must have drop when I put in bag when I got to airport went to put on and wasn’t there called inn and housekeeping said no one found it

Close to airport

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I had a very difficult time finding a parking space. When I asked the hotel staff about it, he seemed unconcerned and not very helpful. A few of the outlets didn’t work. A light didn’t work. I didn’t like how we had to walk through the pool area to get to breakfast.

The bed was comfortable. Overall, the room was adequate and met our needs.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel itself good, but it seems to be the choice of many noisy guests. I happened to live next door to a noisy family who kept shouting and playing loud music through 5 am. The staff was helpfull but just couldn't stop them being noisy. If you have a plane to catch the next day like I did, you probably need to be prepared to this kind of issue.

Clean rooms, nice and helpful staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bad reception on lots of tv channels. Pool was cold. Breakfast was disappointing. ALL the bacon was rubbery, (like it was boiled) The only option for eggs had cheese inside. Like half moon ommelettes. Shower had NO foot grip and was pretty slippery, (not so great for kids!). ☹️ Somewhat noisy. Could hear people’s voices in the hall, and a car stereo parked right outside our window on the first floor, but neither lasted too long.

Beds were comfortable. Location was awesome, especially to The Mall of America. Shuttle bus to the mall were always quick. Had to call the hotel at 9pm to get our shuttle bus to the mall for a pick up, (which was outside), and the driver made a special trip for us and we waited maybe 10 minutes after calling. Overall, staff was great. Very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The downer was the parking lot. Not enough space to park.

I liked everything from guest service to very friendly staff. Also room was very clean and breakfast was amazing. The only thing that really was a downer is the parking space. Its next to Outback and they is to many business in both places and not enough space to park.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Since we left early, we did not eat breakfast. They had coffee, pastry, etc., but no fresh fruits.

Great location so close to the airport. It’s a great place to stay if you are flying away early in the morning. We stayed there many times before and we recommend it.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were three buckets catching water in the hallway and the entry door was leaking. Sofa bed was a twin size bed for two kids. Pool water was cold. The parking lot was full of puddles and ice.

King size bed was comfortable, breakfast was amazing. Staff was nice and the staff at adjoining restaurant was amazing.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There is no hot tub. Would have liked to soak in one but we did enjoy relaxing in our room

Breakfast was good. Lots of carbs. fruit, veggies would have been great. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was great--newly remodeled bathroom, bed was so comfortable and I just LOVE your pillows. Wish I could buy some for myself at home.

I had to overnight in order to catch a morning flight to Anchorage. Unfortunately, I lost my wallet in the shuttle so the front desk person (Mary) contacted Tim, the driver, and he couldn't find the wallet. After a more thorough search, he located my wallet (which contained my credit cards and cash). I couldn't buy anything without it. I was SO ecstatic. I gave them both gift cards for their exceptional service. So worth it to me.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They tried to charge double..I called Netspend(Visa)and reported it. Put a hold on the amount before posting.Comfort Inn said they had no record of booking.?

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Old, computer broke down so couldn't check in for an hour or better. Rooms needed updating. House keeping didn't replenish shampoo or conditioner, bag in ice bucket, etc.

Price was ok, but wasn't impressed with the hotel.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I visited in winter and it was icy. I wish more salt was put down in the parking lot.

I thought it was pretty neat that there was a shuttle to the MOA. I also appreciated that there’s a restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived back to MLSP airport in a snowstorm and the Comfort Inn was able to give us a room that was very close to the airport last minute at 1130 PM. Thank you! We were able to travel back to La Crosse in the am when roads were travelable.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

BEWARE!! Because of the closeness to the airport and the attached Outback Steakhouse, there is absolutely NO parking! People leave their vehicles when going on vacation, then when the restaurant opens all the left available spots go to that! We arrived after 6 hours of driving at 7pm and after circling the parking lot 4 times we quick checked in and left to go get food Hopi g by the time we got back we could FINALLY park and go in to our room! Same thing happened the next day as well. There is literally no parking. Good luck.

Room was clean, staff was nice, breakfast was pretty good, good location to a lot of things

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was not an appropriate number or tables for breakfast. Parking was terrible in the evening. Have HOTEL ONLY parking. Vending and Ice Machines were not well marked or located. Hotel needs updating.

Staff were very friendly. We enjoyed the free papers.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no gluten free choices. When I asked the girl if they had any she didn't know what that was and 2 couldn't speak any English.

Close to the mall of America

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Dirty. Blood splattered on the bathroom wall, trim, and on the floor. Asked to have it cleaned and didn’t get it all. Found used candy wrappers in the pull out couch. Came to “clean” the room on the second day and didn’t even make up the pull out couch. Very poor cleanliness. The elevators and halls were freezing, poor insulation or heating system, not sure.

Cheap. Close to Mall of America.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We we’re charged $740 rate which was more than the hotel was asking that day which was $558! Asked why we were charged that expensive amount cause I reserved the room in nov 26, 2017 whichnis preposterous to charge more than the going rate ! Will never ever stay at s comfort inn again

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The facility could use a refresh, it is dated and shows sign of wear over time. I wouldn't say it was run down but could slip to that without attention in the near term. The outlets near the bedside were loose and needed replacement.

Good location and price were extremely good for the purpose of my visit. The bed was fantastic, the cleanliness of the room was good and the furniture was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The one male staff when asking about parking as we checked in was very unhelpful. We actually learned we could pay to park there online and then the second female staff assisted us to book online to park there.

The shuttle to the air port and on site parking

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Check in evening desk lady was horribly rude! Booking room photos have king bed and sofa bed which was not what i got so short a bed and hotel said too bad. 2 dried boogers on bedskirt!

Good breakfast choices, easy access, good size room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On first floor there was see through sheer curtains that couldn't be close so your privacy was compromised from the out side side walk along room 129. SO if you were undressing it had to be done with no lights. Not good!

Breakfast was good!

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I was angry that I was charged for a safe I never used. I didn't know it was in the room until I went to leave. On calling I was told it was on the paperwork where I initialed for the rate. I felt it was sneaky. Only minimal but dishonest .

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The extra price to pay for my car to stay in the parking lot while we flew out for a few days. We have stayed at a comfort inn and suites in Milwaukee and didn’t have to pay in the past.

Friendliness, nice rooms,

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Finding a parking spot was a bit of a challenge due to the limited number of spots available, with so many parked there taking the shuttle to the airport I'm assuming, and the lack of snow removal from empty spots. The storm had occurred on Monday and were there on Thursday.

Other than the lobby it was very quiet. We never heard much commotion from anywhere. Breakfast was very good. It was very convenient having Outback Steakhouse connected right to the hotel so our first night we ate dinner there and were able to walk back to our room and relax.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I had received emails the day prior and the same day advertising a lower rate than I paid. When I showed the Check in attendant, he dismissed it and was somewhat rude. He said we were registered under the higher rate and there was nothing he would do.

Room and overall facilities were excellent.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not care for the beds a little to soft for my liking, although my wife loved them.

The staff were amazing! The shuttle was so great taking you to and from places. The breakfast was above and beyond. Having the Outback Steak house right in the hotel was also a great accommodation.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom wasn’t clean . The bathtub had drywall crumbs in the tub plus the lights were flickering the the bedroom near the bed plus the motel hallway didn’t have much light to our room .

Service was nice

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t stay long enough to not like anything.

I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste and was able to get these at the front desk which was a relief because it was hella cold outside and late at night. I only spent a night but it was a good stay overall.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Don’t use the prepackaged cinnamon rolls in lobby. They’re made with palm oil- most of it comes from destroying tropical palm forests in Indonesia- destroying important habitat for endangered animals!!!!

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Ceiling in the bathroom leaked

Free Bus Shuttles, not limited to the airport, I needed stuff from Walmart and a driver gave me a lift and picked me up again after I called the front desk

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hallways and the areas to the breakfast buffet was cold, shuttle service was delayed, the swimming pool should be in a different area since you have to walk through the swimming area to get to the breakfast area.

Comfortable beds, the size of room had enough space, the breakfast had a very good variety of foods to choose from, the location of the hotel was close to the mall of america and liked that the restaurant was connected for convenience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hot tub; pool and pool room were very cold (described as "heated"). Pool and breakfast room were on the far side of the hotel; had to walk through an extremely cold hallway (with outside access to the courtyard) to get to both. Adjacent fitness room was also chilly. Frost and ice on our room windows melted during the day and leaked over the heater/AC unit and onto the floor. Keep in mind, our stay was over the New Year holiday. Temperatures in MN are COLD. That being said, I still feel the property could use some updates.

Customer service provided by staff was fantastic. Room was cozy; beds comfortable. The Outback Steakhouse is right next door- a short walk through the hotel lobby with no need to go outside. Great complimentary breakfast selection by the hotel. Shuttle to MOA and the airport was pretty much on call 24hrs and arrived quickly.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This was an amazing stay. I was looking for a room that wasnt going to break the bank for a night stay. This was perfect. The staff was amazing and the shuddle service was perfect for our day trip to the MoA. It was a stress free stay and I would book it again

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was cold and there was no hot tub. It was super cold outside, -35, so a warm pool and a hot tub would have been great!

The rooms were very nice and spacious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable and sunken in. The floor was freezing from the window and heater unit to the first bed and everytime the heat shut off a very cold breeze would come in. The hot water was completely out and it took several hours before it started to work again.

The closeness to the mall of america was a benefit.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It looks like the hotel is or being remodeled. Unfortunately you can tell nobody in upper management is following up with the end result. And the end result is motel 6 quality. To expensive for the product.

The convenience to Abbott Northwestern Hospital

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had packages ordered to the the hotel and they arrived before we got there. When we asked about them they said that packages were not here. The whole stay we checked everyday and no packages. Long story short, came to find out when we got back home that packages were indeed there, and no help what so ever from the staff to get the packages delivered to a different hotel even tho this was completely their mistake! They did not try to go out of their way at all, even tho it was close to Christmas and the packages were a Christmas gift. They would not even admit that it was a mistake on their behalf. So you better not have no problem cus it will def not be their mistake and they sure won’t do nothing to make up for it and have their costumers happy! So for that I will look somewhere else in he future.

Browse Comfort Inn Airport Bloomington traveller photo gallery