Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area 3 stars

5855 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224, USA

#44 of 129 hotels in Indianapolis

I didn't like the fact that they took money out of my account for my room 3 days before I even stayed there. On top of that they held a $25 fee to make sure they would get their money even though they had already taken expenses for the night stayed out of my account. 😡

My toilet overflowed all over the place and took awhile to get a maintenance man, wasn’t overly impressed with customer service compared to other places I have stayed.

Breakfast included

We reauested to be on an upper floor and we were put on the first floor right by the front desk, so it was very noisy. Our room also smelled like musty cigarette. And our bathtub had dirt in it. Was not impressed, sadly.

We never got to go there because the day after we made the reservation my husband was admitted to the hospital for heart failure and I cancelled the reservation the next day (four days before check in and they refused to give me my money back

Nothing. The assistant manager, Kevin was not nice to me at all. He was very insistent on not giving my money back and charged my credit card the day I cancelled the reservation. Four days before check in

• King Room with Sofa Bed

We arrived right after a cheerleading group after 10pm, so all of the carts were taken, we were advised to wait a few minutes for their return. After waiting 10 minutes we decided to head to dinner and try when we got back. The desk clerk refused to retrieve the carts it call the rooms to retrieve the carts and we had to make three trips to the car. It was after midnight at this time. And the bed was so hard I had trouble sleeping and woke up in pain.

The other staff was friendly, the place was clean. We constantly saw people cleaning, which was nice. The huge tub was amazing

The batteries in the remote control to the tv were going out. It didnt work part if the time.

I loved the fridge and microwave in the room and i loved that the pool was heated.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower

My room had a huge wet spot on the floor tables didn't look to be dusted in a week or so. Also the shower dripped all night and the noise of the other guest was awful good thing they left ear plugs on the table

I liked my room

The room itself was a little small... My only real disappointment though was with booking.com though... The booking.com description of the hotel said there was a hot tub at the hotel, this was a major factor in my decision to stay there... Upon arrival I found that there was no hot tub, only a part of the regular pool which looked similar to a hot tub.... Upon reviewing the property's official website, I found that it made no claim to have a hot tub.... So I guess I can find no fault with the property which was actually quite nice, but I would have never made this reservation had I not been misled by booking.com, so I will no longer be using their service

Staff was friendly, room was clean, bed was comfortable, breakfast was delicious

The room smelled strongly of fresh cat litter. It wasn’t a bad smell but it was super strong. We were next to the laundry room so I’m not sure if it was from the detergents or what. The bathroom had a previous leak from the shower head that was poorly repaired and the toilet paper was oddly behind the door. The couch was firm, uncomfortable and outdated.

Friendly, eager staff, delicious breakfast with plenty of options, comfortable beds, nice pool, overall very clean

Every room door near us and including ours "SLAMMED" shut and woke us up. Some wear and tear noticeable around entire property. Major disappointment with what seemed like a hot tub in pictures. It is just part of the pool.

For the price we paid for the room I would have expected a little more.

They shared a parking lot with another hotel so parking was limited and we had to park far away.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet.

just a small thing the ceiling had small amounts of dusts , just need to take a dust mop and do ceiling . when driving make sure u don't miss your turn , turn left at the first light near the hotel when u see sam clubs , u will see a BMW sign .

food was good lots of choices . only thing no bacon . oh well

• Standard Room

Not worth the money. Room was dirty, lipstick stain on the matress, bed was not comfy and the bedding looked poor quality. I almost checked out and went to another hotel. This was my first time staying and definitely the last. I will never stay at Holiday Inn again.

The hallways had a carpet odor of old carpets. Shower head was broken, but when asked they fixed it. Still wasn't a good stream to try to shower by. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express at the Quad City Airport in Moline, Illinois the next two nights and it was night and day difference. It was what we expect out of all Holiday Inns.

Breakfast was okay. Would like to have real eggs though.

Bed a little hard and a bit lumpy. Toilet did not flush well. Also our room didn't get cleaned or serviced on day 3 of our 4 day stay not sure why.

The breakfast was good and consistent. Rooms were good.

I think the description says it is 2.9 miles from the airport. It is more like 10 miles by the way you have to go by car and on very busy freeways. This is misleading.

Staff was very helpful

I don't know; maybe a newer couch in my suite (and I am really reaching here).

I couldn't have been more pleased! The staff were welcoming and accommodating and I had the most amazing room I have had complete w/ a bed that was to die for and a shower that rivaled the bed; pressure was fantastic, hot tub for a bath, and roomy! I was there to take an exam in the early AM and did expect to get any sleep the night before, but slept like a baby!

Had to drive 10-15 min to most amenities.

We were in Indianapolis from Florida to visit our grandchildren; 10 month old twins, which stayed with us for 4 days in the hotel room! Crazy, I know. However, the hotel gave us a larger room & boy did that make a difference. So, we thank them for that! The beds were comfortable & the indoor pool was clean.

My first room I didn't not feel safe I was I the first room on the first floor and you could see straight through my room. A man walked by and could see me changing my clothes. I told the front office staff and she said she would check it. I left to go swim and came back and she still didn't check because they were low on staff. I left to go to Walmart and she still hasn't Checked. I went to dinner and I couldn't get comfortable I just didn't feel safe. She finally went to check and indeed she could see In my room. She then moved me to another room. I forced myself to sleep but I still wasn't 100% comfortable.

It was convient and I enjoyed the pool. Once I got into a more comfortable room I was able to sleep

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Small roll of toilet paper in bathroom other roll empty. Dirty towel behind bathroom door and large pair of jeans left in room. The traffic sound was terrible and at some point room shook like a helicopter was landing. Hallway music should be turned down at night.

Front Desk was friendly same with lobby envrionment

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Standard Room

The pool had NO hot tub. It looked like a hot tub, but it wasn't one. Pool Temperature was very cool.

Continental breakfast was well stocked. Coffee station always had coffee at different times of the day.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Price for second night went up by $40.00 for the night.

The staff where excellent, hotel very clean and amenities are great. We stayed for a second night.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The hottub was not working, pool was cold. But my biggest issue was the mattress. It was the hardest mattress my wife and I ever slept on. We did not get a goodnight sleep.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

The TV in the bedroom didn't work and the front desk couldn't help. The staff were literally putting the complimentary breakfast up with people...children filling their plates. No vending on each floor, had to go to the front desk for even a bottle of water.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Daylight savings time change occurred during my visit. The book in our room said that breakfast was served until 10:00. I came down at 9:45, all food was gone and I was told that it only lasted until 9:30. When I went to check out, I told the gentleman that checked me out this occurred and showed him the book that told us breakfast was until 10:00. I also mentioned that the TV remote needed new batteries since unless we stood in the exact spot in the room we were unable to change the channel on the TV. His only response was: "oh." Maybe a bottle of juice would have been nice????

The bed was comfortable

Sheets were thin. Drapes didn't cover window allowing light in all night. Shower curtain had holes in it. Hotel smelled too much like air freshener. Pool was cold. Ran out of towels at pool. Not like other Holiday Inn Expresses. Staff was polite and apologetic.

Bed was comfy. Breakfast was suitable.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Nothing. We had a great experience and would definately stay there again.

The room was big and very comfortable. The breakfast was always good and hot.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The noise level in the bedroom was awful; we heard traffic all night long. There was a large whirlpool bathtub in the room but so little hot water available that we could not fill it up enough to enjoy it. Since we were there for a pleasure trip we wanted to sleep in and missed breakfast as it ended at 9:30 AM. Lastly, the hotel was over-run with unsupervised children who appeared to be there for a birthday party. We were unable to enjoy the pool because of all the kids. We've stayed at other hotels near the airport and had much better experiences.

The room was large (we stayed in the Executive Room).

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

It was hard to find the driveway since it was through the neighboring hotel parking lot and the sign was very small. Traffic from interstate was loud.

The room was beautifully decorated, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious with a lot of variety. The swimming pool was good sized and a comfortable temperature. The towels were attractively arranged.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

That there pictures makes it looklike they have a hot tub but they don't and that's why we was staying here for :(

They had a real nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

When you look at pictures to this hotel it looks like it has a hot tub. This old hut tube has jets still in it but it doens't work. The breakfast was really bad. I found a hair in the bathtub that wasn't mine and the staff didn't seem to care much. They didn't either bother asking me how my stay was. They must not care about imporving their hotel.

The location was nice. This hotel is close to everything.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Standard Room

Tired hotel in need of renovation. Room was smelly. Very very expensive. Very disappointed. I was booked to stay for 3 nights but checked out after 1.

The girl on reception was nice but she was embarrassed about the state of the place

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Staff didn't seem very knowledgeable about surrounding area and the pantry at the front counter for snacks was completely depleted.

Location to venue was great. Also the free breakfast was far superior to other places we have stayed.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Worst experience ever. We didn't even stay there. This was a reservation made on accident. We actually stayed there a few weeks earlier. Booking was rude and not helpful at all with helping to cancel this room. When we did stay there this hotel was disgusting. We had to switch rooms because the room they gave us smelled like something was rotting in it. They advertise a hot tub, but do not have one. Just a cold pool and even colder small pool. Customer service was ridiculous when we checked in we were told by the gm, Vinay that he understood we booked our second night for the wrong date and charged us $50 more to stay that night than what our reservation was for, but he said he would make sure Booking cancelled our other reservation. When Booking called he said he would not cancel it. My mistake for trusting him. Vinay is the most deceitful dishonest person I've ever talked to and has no business working in the hospitality industry. Booking and Holiday worked together to screw a customer out of $80. I will make sure to stay clear of both of these organizations in the future.

Nothing! Terrible customer service, dirty stinky rooms and misleading amenities

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

The actual parking lot was tricky to find. I wish there was one more sign to point the direction of the hotel since it is in a cluster of other hotels and sams club.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The facilities were clean and felt high end. I would stay here again any time I'm in the area.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

the breakfast was great and we accidentally forgot something in the hotel and they called us and we made arrangements for the items to be shipped back. They went above and beyond for us. Great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Executive King Suite with Sofa Bed

I know this can't be helped but the road noise on our side of the hotel was awful. It is right next the interstate but once I fell asleep I was fine. They also provide ear plugs.

Loved the accommodations in the executive king suite! We were in town only a night for BOA and unfortunately did not have time to relax and enjoy the amenities, but they looked great!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

the pillows were like a cloud. The bed not so much. It was a flat out BOARD! I'm sure this is wonderful for young people. I'm 70 and my bones need something soft. That said, at least I could stretch out in a linear position and regenerate.

I was impressed by the microwave dinners available, what an ingenious concept. EXTRODINARY!!! The staffs warm and gracious welcome was appreciated. Every interaction was met with smile. How refreshing!

We had to stay past checkout due to illness of my daughter and they couldn't have been an nicer to us as we waited for a ride frm 2 hours away to drive our car back home. All went well and we got home safely.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Our visit was wonderful, but our friends had trouble with their room reservation that was booked directly through Holiday Inn reservations. They made some changes for their arrival date and were told by the reservation person on the phone that their changes would be made and that didn't happen. The manager at the hotel was a jerk and he refused to help them at all. They would have been without a room for their entire trip and charged for the entire room stay anyway. However, one of the female office workers was so amazing and took care of everything even getting them a room at the same hotel so they could stay with our group!!!!

The facility was newer and very clean. Our room was quiet, even though we were at the far end closest to the freeway. The office staff and breakfast staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

room smelled like cigarette smoke even though it is a n/s hotel

airport transportation was helpful and prompt; most breakfast items were available prior to stated opening time; hotel was easy to find; staff very courteous and helpful; internet was fast; keurig coffeemaker was a nice improvement over previous 2-cup brewers

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

How management explained me booking a king size bed (and paying a little more for this) was just a suggestion. Then blaming booking.com for the mixup. Did nothing to look at my reservation which clearly showed otherwise.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Rude staff wouldn't work with you. Didn't have a hot tub like the website pictures showed. The manager was very rude and unreasonable. Not happy with our stay at all and won't be coming back.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

I have zero complaints, we were actually there for something on the other side of Indy, but chose to stay here because it's great!!!

We've stayed here multiple times because the staff is excellent!!!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

While much of the hotel seemed fairly new and/or in good repair, a couple of the towels were a little tattered. That was the only thing I noticed in the negative. I figured it was small in the whole scope of things, and moved on to enjoy a hot shower, being able to change the shower head setting three different times! :)

I was very impressed by the overall look and cleanliness of the room and hotel. I don't normally notice, but the color scheme was subtle and pleasant, both in the lobby and in the room, the place was clean. -I walked around with my shoes off in the room and never felt any worse for it...which I have noticed is not so common. I was really impressed with the cleanliness of every area we went. I rode the elevator with one of the cleaning ladies, who didn't seem to understand my fast English...but she was very polite in every way....and I'm guessing one of the fine staff whose work and attention to detail I had appreciated so much! --We drove through Indy to visit a long-time friend of mine. My husband stayed at the hotel for a few hours on his own while I visited, and remarked that they had more channels on cable than usual, and had found the room comfortable & roomy enough to stay in for the majority of the time I was out.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

I almost didn't unpack when we walked through the narrow walls and low... Old... Ceilings. We came for our sons graduation from Fort Sill and felt embarrassed he had to suck thru the door and enter a very small room. We were locked out of our room several times because of a locked door... Dead battery they said. They had to call a maintenance man from his home to fix it so we could get in. Consequently we lost the best seats at the Family Day celebration. The staff was very polite and as helpful as they could be, but mgr or maint. Should have known how to fix the problem, or batteries should all be replaced on schedule. There was a gift bag and an apology on the bed along with our dried, folded 2 jeans that we had asked them to return to our room once we were gone.

Incredible breakfast, attentive staff and friendly atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Ice machine on third floor did not work had to go to first floor for ice. Pool extremely cold

Very comfortable staff was very eager to please and did everything we asked and more

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Exercise equipment not all ready for use. Elliptical was fine but one treadmill lurched and the other flashed maintenance needed message.

Breakfast food was good. Staff was friendly. Appreciated extra touch of leaving ear plugs in our room. You can faintly hear traffic on interstate but didn't really bother us. Might check on exercise equipment as it needed maintenance like oiling treadmill belt. Otherwise I would definitely recommend the hotel to others and stay there again.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

although the location was "close" to the airport it was still a nice drive in my opinion given that it is advertise as near. The hotel is literally next to the expressway so although I had a quiet night I could still hear the traffic. I did not like that this hotel is literally next to a motel 6. In fact they share the same parking. I'm not sure why but when I got off the elevator on the second floor to go to room I had to exit thru the rear door. It was unexpected and for some reason it must be laid out that way. It was not a big issue but just an unexpected one. I had an impression that the hotel at one point was a less then reputable one and they renovated it. However, it still felt like it had some of the old remnants. I would definitely stay there again, but unfortunately it wouldn't be my first choice. I was expecting a bit "more" for the price I paid and for the name of the chain.

The staff was exceptional! From the minute I walked in I was greeted and attended. Every staff member I met greeted me and were super friendly. It seemed that the majority of the hotel had been recently renovated which was very appealing.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Booking.com did not transfer my entire reservation ( I reserved 2 rooms) but that is no fault of the property and they honored my reservation and rate.

Breakfast was great and so was my sleep :). First time I think I have had the manager come ask me if everything was ok at breakfast. Nice touch.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

same breakfast menu daiy; some change would have been great...e.g. omelette instead of just eggs

The bed was great; we stayed for 12 days, laundry facility was very helpful. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The ... ONLY ... thing negative , was that it would have been nice to have a "Hot tub / jacuzzi " The Whole pool area was Really Great! Just lacking a Hot tub.

Most important ... It was Wonderfully Clean! And the staff was Very Nice & went extra on their own to be Very helpful. And the room space was Great! I stay A Lot of places traveling ... and this Express was Honestly the best .... beating other "brands" also.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Need more seating for breakfast and a kiddie area in the pool.

Love the hot breakfast and the fluffy pillows! Very convenient to have fridge and microwave in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

I don't think I have any complaints. Everything was perfect.

I loved that everyone was so friendly. It wasn't too overpowering with the décor. The breakfast area was perfect.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Room

The parking was terrible and finding the parking in the first place was confusing. There was minimal signage to indicate how to get the the front of the hotel and its shared with the next door hotel.

The staff was phenomenal and the room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The lack of cleanliness in our room. Empty toilet paper, sweeping our floors, changing bed sheets.

David the driver, maintenance personnel and front counter staff and food service personnel.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

With a family emergency, I had to make significant changes to a schedule to actually use this hotel without losing my payment. By using Booking.Com I was being forced to swallow the "non-cancellation" fee. Local management had the choice to cancel the room and reimburse me; they chose not to. So much for being a Holiday Inn Priority Club Member with service like that!! I have already canceled five other stays with them!!

Excellent breakfast area and well tended.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Elevator was out most of our stay...no hot tub. Breakfast was just average. Over priced...

Rooms were clean and quiet...staff went out of there way to compensate for issues.

the room was clean and comfortable. Check in was easy and friendly staff, breakfast was good and convenient.

• Standard Room

Price wasn’t bad, but could have been a little more competitive for a multinight stay.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Facilities were very clean.

They upgraded the room at no cost. Thank you.

Nothing at all

Everything was great

The breakfast exceeded my expectations. Tasted good with good selection.

Elevator loud

Clean

• King Room with Sofa Bed

room smelled like smoke, some staff not so friendly

shuttle to and from airport was very helpful. Some staff members were very helpful

Kids were disrespectful

It was relaxing

Not enough signage

The hottub wasn't working.

Limited parking, close proximity to highway but hotel provided ear plugs. LOL

The gym could have had better equipment.

We were awakened frequently due to banging and clattering of the furnace? Will not book here again!

Bathroom mirror was separated from toilet. Pool was heated. Cameras in the hallways

Nothing was wrong

The staff was super friendly, the hotel was super clean, the pool was awesome

Clean hotel!

Front desk not very knowledgeable of the area. Breakfast cold. Room bath tub not clean.

The location.