Reviews of Comfort Inn Central 3 stars

401 East 58th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216, USA

#62 of 77 hotels in Denver

The hotel was a bit older and could use an extra cleaning but the rooms were updated and awesome!

The rooms were great. Comfortable bed and awesome pillows! Rooms were clean. Staff was great all around.

Got in late, front desk person was extremely nice and helpful. They had a "Market Place" that was open late so I could purchase a couple of snacks and beverages for my son and me, which was very convenient.

There is nothing that could have made this experience better.

The mattress and the pillows or very comfortable, the room, overall, was very comfortable. Breakfast was much better than I had anticipated. I would definitely stay here again.

Out dated, dirty, broken exercise equipment, broken equipment in the room, pulled the sheets back and there were stains on everything I could go on.

Employees were friendly. Breakfast was decent.

Highway noise is significant. RR runs very close also. Hotel was set in a largely industrial area.

Breakfast omelets were good. Most of staff was friendly and seemed competent. Place was well located for day trips

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Seemed like the property was under-going some remodeling and updating, and the bathroom didn't have a fan, resulting in a LOT of steam. Haha.

Bed was extremely comfortable, TV was great, and breakfast was AWESOME. I was happy with the scrambled eggs, but I loved having the option for something else. Staff was also very friendly. Oh, and the shower head was by far the best water pressure I've had at any hotel stay ever, as was the amount of hot water available.

Breakfast amazing. Little run down the higher the floors but three room was clean comfortable and an excellent deal. Would definitely rebook in the future.

Pool was suppose to be heated...it wasn't. Ice/Soda machines were suppose to be on 1st, 4th, and 6th floor: only on 6th

The young lady working the bar wad exceptional. Liked the breakfast very much

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The accessible room was not very accessible. No vanity, very difficult to wash your hands or see yourself in mirror. I found it very frustrating!

Dominoes Pizza was very good. Delivery was fast.

• King Room - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

Despite being a very large building, the hotel itself is a little concealed from the main road and easy to miss the first time, even with SatNav.

Offered fairly good value for Denver and had good road access to most parts of the city. There were a lot of facilities available e.g. an inexpensive ATM which was much needed as I had arrived late in the States.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The property was dirty and torn up. Had I seen the actual rooms before I paid I would have turned around and left. They left a huge pile of crumbs and toenails in the lobby from at least 5:00 pm when I saw and they were still there at 10:30 am when I left. The traffic noise from the highway was bad too.

N/a

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Traffic noise was still a little bit of a problem but I guess that is to be expected since the highway is right next to the hotel.

We were very pleased with our stay at this Comfort Inn! It was very close to the wedding that we were attending and the stay was very helpful and amazing!!!!! They went out of their way to make our experience there the best that it could be. The breakfast had everything that you could imagine. Far better than most hotels/motels. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Fan in bathroom didn't work it smelled like wet towel in bathroom. Toilet flush was a process. Coffee in room yucky! Parking was really hard was so so full.

Breakfast was great! Nice pool for kids. Had nice view from window.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were comfortable and breakfast was amazing. They have a full bar to get some drinks. At breakfast you can get custom eggs like an omelette or even eggs with cheese for free

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

As we had booked an extra night accidentally we rang them. We said as we were arriving early we would keep the night but we would not be arriving until 8 the next morning. This lady said you could not do that and why couldn’t you arrive early and if we did that our booking would be cancelled. After many discussions she put us through to the front desk. The guy said he would cancel the booking for that night but when we arrived early they would let us in most likely. When we arrived the receptionist had people waiting a person on the phone she couldn’t solve the problem and when we eventually got to her didn’t take our name and said no you cannot book into 3 pm?? Asked if we could leave our bags?? Eventually she got a made to out them in a back room...... we gave her our number and said could she ring if a room became available. She said yes. We had came in on the train at 8am. When booking I had advised this and asked if we could store our cases there and was it correct and also there was a train we could catch. No answer. To find as she stated you are in an industrial area and do you want me to catch a taxi back 5 Miles. We never heard from her. Disgusting attitude. No respect for the client. Rooms/doors need some sort of cushioning or door closers as they slam. This accommodation is for people who are travelling through Denver with a car. Thank goodness for Uber.

Absolutely nothing other than the bed.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower curtain was dirty and we asked for it to be changed but they didn't change it out. It had what looked like blood on it. :(

The breakfast was great and the bed was very comfortable.

Payment process when paying with a canadian card was a pain the tuccus. Had to pay in cash.

The view from my room of the mountains. Two of the receptionists at the front desk were extremely helpful and fantastic people. A male and female that work in the days. Workout facility was fantastic.

we didn't realize there was no indoor pool until we got there and checked in, I took my grandchildren to see their father who is in the hospital at Denver, that was a way to go, to get to his hospital. the bathrooms entrance way was too small for a wheelchair to fit in

breakfast was delicious, and there was a variety of items to choose from as well

I thought all the construction was very unprofessional. No ribbon arround the construction areas and lots of dangerous machinery left places. Big lawsuit due to an accident because of it.

The staff were great and the breakfast employees did an amazing job in the kitchen.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Ground floor patio door with only sheer curtain. Side curtains were only decorative panels so people in parking lot could see in at night

Staff was extra helpful and breakfast was very nice. Room was very nice

The bathrooms in the lobby could use a paint job and the pool and fitness room were being worked on so it was under some construction. Other than that it was a good stay

I really enjoyed the breakfast it was so good.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't get any sleep for the night because the bed was very uncomfortable and very hard. I got up with my back hurting all day. They floor might have been more comfortable.

The facility,breakfast and staff were all amazing. The staff was very helpful.

The room was patched with very poor repairs. The shower leaked the curtains in the room had stains and holes in them. The bed was hard the floors were dirty and sticky.

It was close to the event center.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The walls are very thin, could hear cars and the train

The bed was super comfortable. For the price the location isn’t okay, everything we wanted to do was 10/15 minutes away. The train station is close (around 6 mins)

Some of the building was under construction.

Awesome free breakfast! Anything you want and made to order eggs. Location is great also, 30 minutes from anything you want to do.

A lot on construction going on that we weren't aware of, but it didnt interfere with our stay.

It was clean and affordable. Friendly staff and good breakfast.

The pillows were small and square, we didn't like that. Also there was not very much lighting in the room.

The full breakfast was great, loved that I could have an omelette made to order!

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

My comments reflect an ongoing renovation at this establishment. Dust and rubbish everywhere. Perhaps guests should have been made aware prior to arrival or maybe even a compensatory deduction on full board made ??

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

At check out no one could seem to find cart for our luggage. we ended up making 3 trips to the car.

Everything was good. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Food at the bar wasn't the best, and we had to wait almost an hour past our check in time to get our room.

Good breakfast selection. Not too far from many of the areas we wanted to visit.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

They did not explain prioer that if I paid cash it would cost me another $155. They did not tell me prior that if I would like a shuttle I would had to have given a hour notice. Would have been nice knowing this upfront!

Close to downtown

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Only thing that would top it off is a sauna room you could use in the winter.

I went into the exercise room well after it was closed for a late night workout. Nobody seemed to mind.

Tiny room, tiny bathroom, ancient shower head that only hit my husband in the chest, construction everywhere, no signage, unhelpful staff. Half the ground floor was marked off in caution tape and no one gave us any instructions as to how to get around it to our room.

Parking was good.

There was no fan in the bathroom so it would get super humid in the room after a shower. You could hear the traffic really bad outside so we had the fan on the whole time. One of the days we were walking out the front entrance and a mouse ran in front of us.

The bed was very comfy.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

This is actually a bonus, but booking.com didn't mention that there was an exercise room (Central Denver), and mentioned that the omelettes were $2, when in fact they were free (and delicioso!). Also it didn't mention that there were both a refrigerator and a microwave, 2 huge pluses. People at the front desk were really friendly and helpful.

• King Room - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

Service was excellent. We were especially impressed by Jackie who drove us downtown (our train was not leaving until 7 pm). She later made sure our luggage was locked safely in the shuttle and arranged for the luggage to be delivered to us at 5 pm outside Union Station. Jackie went above and beyond the call of duty and for that we are vey grateful. Leslie was the woman who met us at Union Station and she was equally accommodating.

We had a cup of cigarettes on our balcony that had liquid in it and it was spilled. Stunk up the heater so we were cold the first night. My 4 year old slept with his jacket on.

The employees were helpfull break fast was sooo good.

The location isn't the best. There wasn't any place within walking distance.

The front desk person was very helpful and friendly. The bed was awesome.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi connection was a challenge. WiFi speed was just ok.

Easy, fast check-in. The person at the desk was kind and courteous. The room was nice and had a comfortable bed. I checked out before breakfast :( so I have no input on that. The location makes it an easy commute to the stadium and LoDo. This is my second stay at this particular facility. My previous experience was very nice as well. The pool is great for a summer cool down and was well stocked with towels. Overall, this stay was very good. I will probably stay here again if I need a room in Denver.

I wasn’t aware that we had to leave $100 deposit for the room. I was not allowed to put this on my credit card so I had to pull out cash for it. It would’ve been nice to know before we arrived. When we first checked in our room had not been cleaned from a previous guest The staff quickly assigned us another room.

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the location was near downtown. There are several good places to eat nearby. Papas pizza is very good.

The thick smell of marijuana even inside our room.

Our room and hall and entire floor reeked of marijuana. Colorado has a no-smoking policy but it's pretty obvious this property doe not enforce that.

We left early to catch our flight that boarded at 5:30am . The staff was very kind. We love Comfort suites the laundry had a broken machine so we didn't have time to use. Also we thought there was a shuttle to airport. This is why we booked this hotel. We had to leave early to get the shuttle to the airport from the car rental . Next time we will stay near the airport for conveinense. But we had a nice stay. Thank you

1st room (408), a total mess and unacceptable conditions, staff accomedated and placed me and newly husband in a different room which was acceptable. l

Staff Nicole, Dina and Bob were very helpful

Window can not shield the noise from the highway aside, in the night you can also hear train's horn.

The breakfast is good, they have customized omelet you can order, the choice and quality is also consider among the best I ever stayed in this range of hotels. Room is clean and the bed is comfortable enough to make you sleep well.

• King Room - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

The hallways lights were a bit dim and could be brighter during the day. The parking lot was adequate for my stay, but I could see it getting full during peak times of the year. Neither of these were too bad.

It was just off of the interstate and was easy to get to. The staff was incredibly courteous and had a fun attitude. After spending a long day out on the town, it is nice to have a bar on site to help unwind.

• King Room - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

The location was not great, but with the shuttle service to downtown, that made it better.

I really liked the staff, especially Bob, who was the shuttle driver and Angela at the desk, she was very helpful. Room was comfortable and the breakfast was great. Loved the omelets for $2!

• King Room - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

I LOVED the staff..Nicole, Jackie and Bob made my visit perfect. They were Professional,personable, warm and very accommodating. The shuttle service is really a great feature. If you stayed in a hotel closer to downtown or 16th Street it would be double the price. The Comfort Suite is a great value and you get a 10 min free ride to town..it runs every hour. The Corner Store is very close and you can get food and drinks (bottled water) it's a good idea to buy several large bottles of water.. you have to drink a lot of water because of the altitude.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The bar was closed at 9pm on the Sunday night when we arrived.

Very generous sized room with excellent resources. The free shuttle ride to the train station was a pleasant bonus.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

Small parking lot but the parking was free so...

The staff was AMAZING! Amanda greeted us when we got there on Friday night. The traffic was awful because of the eclipse traffic so I was a little apprehensive about driving to the Rockies/Brewers game at Coors Field the next day. She immediately signed my daughters and I for the shuttle the next day and also gave us a card for a free Lyft ride for our Back to School shopping excursions. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the maids we constantly working to turn over rooms. Bob took us to the game and he was wonderful and charming - getting us personally ever time we passed through the lobby. The free breakfast was EXCELLENT and the coffee was top shelf. A great location for family getaways!

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

More parking would improve the stay. Larger balcony would have been nice as well.

Room was smaller than expected. The building is old, but maintained fairly well. The staff was extra friendly and did a great job. Location was pretty convenient and the value was ok. Value would have increased if the building was newer or the price was slightly lower. Breakfast was excellent.

The shuttle service was a complete and utter joke. The lobby was overrun by flies and desperately needed to be vcuumed. The staff was often unprofessional and vulgar in front of customers. The rug in the hallway was ripped up and loose as was the floor of the elevator. My room had a pungent odor of must, cigarette smoke and body odor that was deep and disgusting. The bed was firm and hard to sleep in.

The breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had a mold smelll and room had a pet smell. The only entrance was thru the front which made unloading bags and walking my dog very inconvenient. Bathroom vanity was very small.

Bed was comfortable.

There was no shampoo in the room and there was a stain/dirty spot on the fitted sheet of one of the beds. I didn't discover the stain until late at night and there was no answer when I called the front desk (11:30pm). I did tell the front desk when I checked out and the clerk said she would credit me $10. Still, it felt like the beds had not been changed and that is gross.

The bed was very comfortable and there were 4 pillows per bed in the room, which was awesome.

The lighting had much too be desired. I like to be able to really SEE in the room where I am staying. Lighting is probably one of the most important features. Electrical outlets to recharge our electronics were not adequate.

The location was near the airport; the airport was easily accessible. The air conditioner was great. We did not have time to eat breakfast as we had to leave at 5:30 am.

Laundromat working.

Great Breakfast, I did rate you high although it was very inconvenient to have laundry out of service. I planned to sleep in the following morning and I was up at 7am finding a laundromat outside the hotel and driving back. It's a lot of money to not enjoy the stay relaxing. But, this was the first time and I do understand things happened it just was so sad it happened to me due to my schedule. But I always stay at comfort inn.

The few times I went to get hot water in the lobby it wasn't actually hot just barely warm. But the staff happily went and got me some and switched the water out!

Loved the bed, the view, the location, the breakfast, the tub in the bathroom! The staff was super friendly too!

High speed internet

The Front Desk Agent Jackie was awesome. Very clean room, microwave, refrigerator was plus, plus. Nice pool, free parking and nice pool. The breakfast was nice

• King Room - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

-The room was dirty and smelly. -The room would be hot and stuffy but when the air conditioner came on, it would blow freezing waves of air throughout the night. -The walls are thin. We could hear the neighbors' TV all night. -The hotel seemed expensive for what we received

The staff was friendly. The hotel allowed pets.

Nice clean comfortable room for the price . Outside pool was great plus the bar served nice food and breakfast was more than expected . Great place for a stopover ..

Only has two elavators, which isn't a big problem, only when a lot of people are using it, takes a bit of time

Breakfast was great! Really fills you up, a variety of food and drinks!

The pool hours needed to extend longer than 10pm since Colorado has two different time zone.

The staffs at the front desk were minding their own business (gossiping) while there's customers in the lobby.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

If you had a hot tub that would be awesome but I can live without it considering everything else was so nice.

The free breakfast was way above the normal free continental breakfast! I was very impressed and customer service was impeccable!

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is located 1/2 mile from the interstate. While that made it very convenient to navigate, it was quite noisy. The hotel is near the industrial section of the city, and trains ran all night very close to the hotel.

The staff were great, breakfast was awesome, price for hotel was oerfect.

GREAT ROOMZ..WONDERFUL HELPFUL STAFF..CALLED WHEN I WAS LOST N HELPED ME FIND MY WAY...YEAAA...BEST BREAKFAST EVER...WONDERFUL ROOMS...GREAT VIEW...BEST EVER FOR THE PRICE !!!!!

The breakfast was very good. Rooms were spacious and clean. The pool was nice. They had a business center and free shuttle to four locations downtown. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was rude, especially the housekeepers and the kitchen staff the next morning when we went down for breakfast. Checked into the room and later returned to go to sleep, I asked my Grandaugther to shut off the air conditioner and there was a nasty pair of panties in that corner, so this tells me how good the housekeepers REALLY clean the rooms. I immediately called the front desk and they had us change rooms late in the evening which was very inconvenient since we had to move everthing. I would have expected some sort of discount or credit for another time. Does NOT compare to other Comfort Inn's and I hope they have a discussion/training with their staff and advise them on proper Customer Service as well.

The beds were very comfy

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

the staff was very rude and kept getting our payment messed up at one point locked us out of our room because they said we didn't pay for two days!when we already paid!And the whole place smelled like mold!!

the breakfast and the outdoor pool!

we had a smoking room, and we don't smoke. We had to spray everytime we entered the room to get smell out. Should not allow smoking in rooms!

the breakfast was great every day!

The bathroom was very small. It was hard to do anything in, other than take a shower and brush your teeth. More counter space would have been nice for cosmetics and toiletries. Also, every night, there is a putrid smell outside. I asked about it and was told that there was a dog food factory just down the road.

Housekeeping made it every day to our room, even if it was 6:00 in the evening. I also liked that there is a laundry facility on location.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

We were put in a dirty room and had to pay a refundable cash deposit for the room. They moved us to a different room and we slept ok. Then they lost our cash deposit and had no records of the mix up and didn't really offer to remedy the situation in any way

The rooms were quiet

The outside was littered but considering the area it seemed more to do with the surrounding places whose trash blew that way. By morning the parking lot was cleaned up. The lobby, hallways, and elevators smelled of cigarette and marijuana smoke.

Room was very nice and did not smell of smoke. Breakfast had a variety and was fresh. Checking out was easy.

One elevator was out of order; exercise area closed for repairs; pool was closed for maintenance. Breakfast could have been better.

Room was spotless. Very comfortable bed. Quiet. Good location; no fee charged for 2 dogs. Staff was very friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly/Non-Smoking

first our blowdryer kept popping a circuit, front desk took forever to replace. we had a do not disturb sign on our door and we came back to a room that the maids went in and apparently tried to clean they threw away some of our personal bathroom stuff and there was money missing out of the night stand! the pool was nice but there were NO towels provided. also we had to park a block away and carry tons of stuff with no cart. we arrived at 1:30am and the front desk girl had her whole family in the lobby WITH a very small infant. they were all parked by the door so we couldnt even park to check in and unload (this is why we walked so far with all of our stuff!) after swimming we wanted to shower we stopped by a maid cart to get extra towels and the cleaning lady refused!!!

the pool was nice, the breakfast was good.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The architects should be made to endlessly walk the block long corridor from the parking lot to the elevators. The Internet connectivity would not accommodate streaming. At breakfast, there were no forks and no server to locate them. Two other guests and I did a search and found a cupboard with stock.

The room was as expected from other Comfort Inn stays.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The staff was chitchatting amongst themselves while there was a line of people waiting to check in. There was garbage all over, flooding stains all over the carpets, water stains and tobacco stained walls and the room had very poor lighting and was disgusting and dirty

Browse Comfort Inn Central traveller photo gallery