Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites Kansas City Downtown 3 stars

770 Admiral Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64106, USA

#49 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

KC Stay

It was located in a sketchy edge of town. The property needed a face lift. The interior of building showed years of use.

It was close to downtown areas. Think its purpose was for interstate traffic not downtown. Staff seamed to reflect that.

My honeycomb hideout
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I really love this place is turning into my new runaway for me and my husband we have great quality time there we do it every month I really do love this place and they have the best beds ever

Everyone was really friendly and helpful.

The pool was really small which we ended up never swimming because of that. There were stains on the lamp on my nightstand.

Everyone was really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good every morning. Bed was really comfortable..

Great staff and comfortable beds.

Small parking lot, small bathroom, air conditioner took a while to work.

Beds were very comfortable, staff super friendly and helpful and accommodating.

It was a very relaxing stay!

Everything was ok except for the ice machine on second floor dis not work

The bed and pillows were beyond comfortable. The bathroom was very clean as well as the room! Breakfast was very delightful!

Stay somewhere else

I had to wait over 1/2 an hour for the rude unprofessional guy that checked me in to “check my room” which he seemed so inconvenienced by, he even rolled his eyes when the phone rang. The hotel room was filthy which is why I’m assuming he had to check it only to still book out a disgusting room. There was no toilet paper that we had to track down, the sheets had a stain on them and the people next to us were up and loud all night long. We had been driving 12 hours on Saturday so we didn’t have the effort to even deal with it but for $200/ night I would expect at least a clean room and a friendly staff. Will never return

The breakfast was good.

There was road construction around the building.

The breakfast was good. They only allow customers to park in the parking lot so it's not congested.

The bed was super comfortable!

Some of the lightbulbs were dead in my room, I know I could have told the front desk, but it wasn't a big deal.

The bed was super comfortable!! The staff was also very welcoming and friendly, which coming from the airport that didn't have the best service, was fantastic. I also appreciated the fact that my room did not smell like smoke, like some hotels do.

Better than I expected.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The gap under the door to my room was larger than any other hotel I've been to.

The front desk staff were friendly and very welcoming. Traveling as a single woman can be intimidating, but the overnight staff here made me like they were looking out for me.

Pretty cheap

Dark, dimly lit, not well kept, no attempts by ownership to guise itself as a nice hotel. Marijuana smelling hallways. Tough sell with Airbnb at a similar price.

Pretty cheap

Exactly what we needed and the price was great!

When I called to adjust my reservation the guy that answered couldn't help me but when I arrived the lady took care of it and more.

The suite was very nice and the rooms were very clean. A huge spread for breakfast that was free!

The breakfast was great!

The customer service was horrible and the condition of the rooms weren’t what you expect to find in a hotel of this price range.

The breakfast was great!

Good place good rooms and fear pricing..

Price.. Was a bit high for me.. I needed a lower price.. But could not fine any.. May be next time..

Price.. I could not find any other option I could afford.. Price was a bit high.. For me

Room was clean.

Breakfast Hot food was like warm. Dog in breakfast room. They tried to charge my card twice for payment. I had to show them my bank statement to prove they took it out once.

Room was clean.

Female employee at the front desk was Extremely helpful both...

Female employee at the front desk was Extremely helpful both with questions regarding our stay and places to visit locally. She was very friendly and the reason our trip was so pleasurable! Because of her, I would recommend this place to others.

Great value and place if you don't mind walking a little

The location is slightly out of the way of the main areas of Kansas City i.e. Main Street. It's at least a 10 minute walk to the main "attractions" of Kansas City e.g. Arabia Steamboat or things along Main Street. About a 8 minute walk to the Streetcar which is free of charge.

The room was spacious, there were excellent facilities in the room (king room) including a fridge and a microwave which came in really handy. The bathroom is clean and sizeable. Bed was comfortable as expected. Safety deposit box in the room was very helpful. My room was also ready early, at 12pm so early check-in was very convenient.

It was ok, but not sure my surprise at checkin was worth a second visit.

I was very upset that I wasn’t prompted (at ANY point in my reservation or checkin) that i would be charged an additional $50 deposit on top of the rate I confirmed on booking.com. The woman at checkin Shared that the $50 deposit would be returned in 5-7 business days. I have never had a deposit due before. This took money out my budget for this trip. This trip was to see Lady Gaga for my daughter’s sweet 16. Needless to say, I had much less money to buy souvenirs or feed my family.

Good breakfast and comfy beds.

Overall it was good.

When I booked it said pool/Spa. There is a heated pool (not very warm) and no spa. The beds are short which was fine for me but my friend at 6” her toes were hanging off the bed😂😂😂 so she slept kinda angled

Breakfast was amazing and parking is complimentary . You can tell property is older but it is well maintained

Comfort

your first aid kit is empty. need to keep tape and band aids available.

the pillows were the best. the extra towels in the room were awesome. the micro and fridge in room, awesome.

Will not be staying here again.

Staff was rude, and do not help with parking. You only get a certain number of parking passes and if you can't, you park blocks away in a questionable neighborhood.

Would have been a good stay if there was more parking and the fire alarm didn't go off.

The fire alarm went off on three separate occasions during the night interrupting our sleep. The front desk acted like it was no big deal and offered nothing to try and make up for the disturbance when I complained. There was also no parking when we arrived at the hotel after the wedding we attended.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

One of necessity only, otherwise I'd have stayed elsewhere.

The 50.00 fee for "possible" incidentals or damages is insulting and ridiculous. Had I another option at such short notice I would have left immediately. Also I watched a woman drive into the lot, park and take her 3 kids inside for a free breakfast. They were loud, obnoxious and it was one tantrum after another to which hotel staff was oblivious.

The bed was comfortable. Breakfast could have been better.

Would not book this hotel again.

The front desk clerk was rude and lacked personality. It was difficult to control the room temperature, we were either too hot or too cold. Poor insulation between walls and floors. Could hear all footsteps of people above us and activity in hallway.

The bed was comfortable. Excellent water pressure in the shower. Nice big towels.

Once we learned our way around we found every place we wanted to go very accessable

Not your problem, but we only learned that the property was very close to I-70 Eastbound and westbound entrances to the highway on departing the location. On arrival our auto GPS routed us all over Kansas City before finally arriving at the property. It would have been much quicker and more convenient if they had routed us directly to the I-70 exit closest to your location. I don't hold you responsible for this, but perhaps you could contact GPS providers to be sure they have your most correct location and highway entrances/exits

Bad.

The deposite we did not know about until we showed up, front desk attendant was rude when I told them our AC unit was extremely loud and if we could be switched rooms and he replied with "maintenance is gone we can't do nothing about it" our second room was humid even wih ac on and smelled wet. We could hear everything from the next room.

It was okay, I wouldn't stay there agin though. To far away from any attractions

First night the my wife complained of a tobaco smell. Front desk person dismissed her as if to say too bad! He should've come up to check. And it offer to move us.

It was okay

Bed was amazing!

Check in time was 2:00 and they didn't have our room ready but we didn't have to wait terribly long for them to finish it up.

Bed was amazing! Breakfast was pretty good for hotel food. Friendly service.

Great place to stay if attending a function at Sprint Center or headed to Power & Light!

First time staying here! Front desk staff were super friendly, and extremely helpful! Our room was nice and clean, and to our surprise included a big Jacuzzi tub! Bonus!! The whole hotel upon entering smelled clean and fresh! The entire staff from front desk to housekeeping were extremely courteous! Safe place to stay and walk to Sprint Center and Power & Light District. We will definitely stay here for our next trip to KC!

Good stay with plans to return.

Front desk staff shirt needs to be sparkling white. Appearance from staff reflects the quality of the establishment.

Clean, affordable, and great location.

Very Dissappointed with the Stay at this hotel

The wifi was terrible as it has poor accessibility and performance. The staff were a kittle arrogant not willing to assist with very much and there were broken door lock in the bathroom and one of the lights did not work.

Location was ok

Breakfast was awesome - biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, ...

Parking, they don't have enough spots for the number of rooms. My brother-in-law returned late from the hospital and had to find parking on the street.

Breakfast was awesome - biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, waffles, plus standard continental breakfast options. The room was nice, very clean, all the staff was very friendly and kind.

We had a great time in Kansas City and being close to everything from the hotel was Awesome!

Pool water was colder than what we'd expect but we still got to enjoy it a bit.

Breakfast had a great variety. Staff was super friendly towards us.

Average... Nothing More Than That

The bed was uncomfortable. The rooms were small an dated. The lighting in the room was terrible. The floors had old pop machines that only sold cans for the same price you would pay for a bottle.

The staff was very friendly. I like that they had fresh lemon water in the lobby.

The staff were helpful and friendly, and the wonderful lady...

The location was ok. We were there for a concert and some sightseeing. However, you are extremely close to some not so good areas that I did not feel safe in at all.

The staff were helpful and friendly, and the wonderful lady in charge of the breakfast (name starts with an S ) was fantastic!! She made you feel wonderful-what a great way to start the day!!

Excellent staff!

There was an odor of sorts coming from the bathroom faucet, it smelled like rotten eggs.

The staff went above and beyond for us! They were very helpful and accommodating! They lady who checked is in was named Melody, my friend and I loved her, she was very sweet and helpful! The breakfast was very good, and the staff working the buffet were excellent!

Very affordable for the space and design.

The view. Bathroom counter space. Design of parking lot.

Space of the room. Placement of the furniture was great. Loved the little bar area. Lady that made breakfast was awesome. Super friendly. Bed was awesome!!

Good Hotel in Kansas City

As above regarding the comforter.

Very comfortable bed. Like most hotels today, they put a comforter on the bed; we removed it and slept with a sheet and light cover. Why a comforter in the hot summer? Do they want us to turn the air conditioner to a low temperature and waste electricity???

Nice place to stay

Street was under reconstruction and the parking lot fenced in. Not the hotel's fault. It was a bit further from the downtown and the trolley than I thought it would be.

I like having warm waffles for breakfast. Bed was excellent. Staff was courteous, helpful. Everything was clean and in order.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

I would stay here again.

The TV could have sat higher up. But it worked. Maintenance had to fix the toilet that wouldn't stop running.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. The room was very clean and comfortable.

Comfortable Room in a Great Location

I've stayed at this property in June for each of the last three years, and each time the swimming pool has been closed. Everyone understands emergencies, but after three years my experience leads me to wonder if the pool is ever open.

Spacious, immaculately clean room, well-kept-up property, right downtown, with free parking.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

My Birthday stay

Air conditioner was very loud at times in the room at night

The staff was very nice. The lady keeping the breakfast fresh was very good worked hard had made us feel welcome her name was Sharon

Convenient stay for Sprint Center events.

NO WIFI! Wifi had issues when we got there and two days later still hadn't been corrected. A major inconvenience for me.

Property was easy to get in and out, yet close to arena and other interests we had in Kansas City. Staff was very pleasing and room was super comfortable.

Very clean!! Wonderful Staff!!

There was not anything I didn't like. I was very satisfied. Next time I go to Kansas City, I will book my room there.

Room was very clean, great breakfast and staff very friendly and helpful.

When we arrived the staff at front desk were very friendly...

When we arrived the staff at front desk were very friendly and helpful. Our room had a smell and they immediately came to our room and moved us to another room. We urbered to sprint center and walked back. Felt very safe.

Our visit to K.C. to see Garth Brooks

The eggs and sausage could have been better

Eggs had peppers in them and mostly tasted like green peppers. Sausage was bland, but the waffles were very good. Bed was like a cloud, bathroom a little small but was very clean all the little extra's like soap, shampoo lotion, etc. were good quality. Towels were very fluffy and looked new. Pool was busy when we were there, but looked clean and plenty of towels. Parking lot was lighted and fenced, safe for leaving your car. All in all we had an enjoyable and relaxing evening

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Parking is a problem at this hotel

The parking lot is very small and was full when we returned from the concert at midnight so we had to ask where to park. We were told to go across the street. The sign at that lot was not lit up and was hard to see in the dark. We circled the block until we figured it out. I didn't feel safe being in a remote lot at that hour of the night or walking across the street back to the hotel. Also, for some reason the shower water was only lukewarm.

The room was clean.

More value for your money

Not a ton of parking.

Great staff. We come to KC a few times a year for conventions and have stayed in more expensive hotels closer to Bartle Hall, but this was a much better value and still close enough we could have walked if we had to.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Nice stay, convenient location to Uptown Theater

The walls were incredibly thin. I could hear a phone conversation in the room next to us, a guy laughing at the TV, and the ceiling creaked whenever someone walked across the floor in the room above us. Since we were downtown I expected the outside traffic noise. And the heating/cooling unit in our room was very loud, like can't hear myself think loud. It kept startling my baby when he was trying to go to sleep.

Excellent hot breakfast (best part of our stay), very clean room, comfy soft bed

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Unlikely to stay again

Advertises a "smoke-free" hotel. My room clearly had been smoked in and then cleaned and sprayed with fragrance. I could smell the smoke all night and, when I got home, had to launder the clothing I had not worn because they had picked up the smoke smell.

Relatively convenient and inexpensive

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

I had an uneventful stay

There's nothing fantastic about the hotel. The hotel is farther than what was stated on booking.com. I had to spend money on Uber. I was also charged more than what was on booking.com. The internet was very erratic. I had to resort to using my phone as a hotspot. The wall is not soundproof so expect plenty noise disturbance. The room interior is very basic too. Bed cover was not replaced by room service despite an obvious stain. The iron in the room was quite old that it almost burnt my cloth. I had to complain twice before a new one was provided.

Breakfast was hot and nice.

Room and beds were clean

water pressure from the shower head was poor front desk staff was not so thrilled and seemed really tired the day that we checked in and checked out

Room and beds were clean

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

The breakfast was great!

Don't stay out too late because it will be hard to find a parking space.

The breakfast was great! The staff was very helpful finding our reservation because we booked at the last minute. We were very comfortable with our stay at the Comfort Inn.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Nice room.

They messed up my booking and told me I had to leave a day early. Aft er I had carried all my stuff to my car (I use a cane and it took three trips)and went to check out, i was told they were mistaken and I could stay but they did not offer to help me carry stuff back and tried to blame the mistake on me. So I went ahead and left.

Pool was nice and need comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Waste of money

A houskeeping girl stopped my husband in the hall and randomly told him if he smokes in his room they charge $150. We don't smoke! So why would she feel the need to tell that to him when he is with his wife and children! My key didn't work, so when I went to the front with my children, one man was busy helping a customer check in, while the other was on the phone addressing how to enter their website to someone. I had to interrupt about 5 min in and ask the one not on the phone to fix my card real quick. Once I inturppted, then the one on the phone put the people on hold and asked if he could help!? He could of helped me 5 minutes ago being I was the guest standing there in person! Bad customer service. Pool is dinkey and freezing!!! Coffee was fresh out a bag, not real brewed. Paid $160. Never again.

The beds were ok if I had to pick something.

It was very good

Pool was very small, kids where in it the entire time up till the closing time at 10, I think after 10 anyone over 18 or 21 should be able to continue to enter

Staff was super nice

The place to stay in Downtown KC.

The only thing I can think of that I did not like was that the room didn't have a main central light but instead a series of small lamps. We had to turn on three separate lamps and it still wasn't quite enough light. Everything else was wonderful.

The bed was perfect. It was firm but also very comfortable. We had plenty of pillows per bed. The room had a fridge and microwave. It was also very quiet.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The bed was comfortable and everything was really clean.

There was a lot of noise on the upstairs floor and the wi-fi connection was not always the best.

The bed was comfortable and everything was really clean. The staff was friendly and eager to help. Breakfast was good. Location was excellent for the price.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Cozy in Kansas City

There wasn't anything I didn't like, it was great and cozy.

It was late and the staff was very friendly. The bed was a 10 in comfort, slept like a baby. I liked that the breakfast had tea, fruit and yogurt. Would stay there again .

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Would definitely choose this hotel again!

Driving directions could have been better, had a little trouble finding it.

We got better service from the lady at the free breakfast buffet than we did at the fancy restaurant we went to the night before!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

We have already booked again!

The pool room temperature was not very warm although the desk clerk said it was 80° in there it was more like 65° in there and it made it very unpleasant to enjoy a nice leisure time in the pool.

The location is very convenient to get to both KU Medical Center and Children's Mercy Hospital, the beds were very comfortable and the indoor heated pool was a plus!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Nationals very Comfort-able

I was only there for breakfast and sleep during the National Figure Skating Championship. The staff was friendly, helpful and altogether very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Nice 2 night stay.

It was away from downtown, so when you go downtown you must find free parking or pay for garage parking which was $5-12. Gas station down the street.

Breakfast as you would expect. Coffee good, chobani yogurt, bananas, cereals, waffles, bagles, toast,... Room was cleaned while we were away during the day. We ate at Quizzno's, Jose Peppers and a BBQ place, all ok food, Jose was best but a drive out.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Would recommend

Tight parking, hard to park a full size 4 door truck in parking lot.

Nice clean place with good breakfast, a little extra perk is cucumber drinking water in lobby.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Thank you wonderful staff!!

The parking lot was small. I had trouble finding a place to park. That is my only complaint. :)

The breakfast staff was phenomenal and the selection was great! Front desk staff was very nice and helpful with questions. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfy!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

A little pricey for the neighborhood but clean and comfortable

$100 deposit for room up front

Super soft (yet gently firm) pillow top bed was very comfortable and warm. 24/7 access to coffee and hot chocolate was a bonus on a snowy day. Large dorm style fridge and microwave in room. Flat screen TV.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Relaxing Weekend in KC

There is no Diet Pepsi on site to purchase although there are Pepsi products in the machines.

Easily located. Centrally located to many venues. Nice employees. Good breakfast. Clean comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

We're in town for a dance competition in the convenience...

When we arrived in the room we found people's undergarments behind the toilet and in the dresser. The room is fairly clean but definitely could have used an extra dusting.

We're in town for a dance competition in the convenience of the hotel was great. The lady who ran the breakfast area in the a.m. was very helpful cheerful inexperienced also very knowledgeable about the area

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Will not stay again!

The first room we were in had hair in the bathtub and the safe didnt work. The second room we were in the heating unit only blew out cold air. The fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night and there were several loud groups. When we expresses our concern to the front desk the lady on staff did not apologize or offer to make anything right. They also held over $685 on my bank account in two different charges, neither one of which matched my receipt.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Clean and pleasant

Pool could be improved and bigger as well as adding hot tub. Having continental breakfast end at 9:30-10 would be better.

Rooms clean and beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The front desk clerk who checked us in was AWESOME!

In room phone didn't work, which now a days isn't a huge deal, but we were having trouble with reception using our cell phones to order a pizza and we were HUNGRY!! Also had issues with it when trying to contact the front desk. Spot of something on the wall by bed & also on the ceiling near the window. Behind the bed, up against the wall, on the box spring, it was yucky dirty.

The front desk clerk who checked us in was AWESOME! So nice, helpful, kind, etc.....! Bed was super comfy.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Horrible

Room was not clean linen was not changed i we could see drulling on pillows sheets was not changed blonde hair in bed my hair is black never laid on it yellow stains on sheets also it was horrific we were moved to another room was worried about did they clean that room both rooms need to be dusted dust on furniture you can see on the bottom of desk go look at it im sure its still there

no all was bad i just got a apple orange sausage was not cooked long enough eggs was like rubber sausage gravy was nasty we have stayed at others that was wonderful thats the only reason we booked there will never return sad but true maids and cooks need to be fired

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

First stay which will be my last at this location.

Thought this might be a nice place to stay. Was greeted poorly upon arrival. The night desk clerk was a jerk. The morning lady was very helpful and at least had a smile and accommodated me.

The heater/air conditioner made horrible noises every time it came on. Was hard to get any sleep. When I arrived another individual was on the phone with the night desk clerk and he was rude and hateful when she was complaining about the same thing. My thoughts are I travel quite frequently, but will not be staying in this particular Comfort Inn and Suites again.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Friendly staff, lobby was clean room was good except for the...

Bathroom had a sour smell.

Friendly staff, lobby was clean room was good except for the sour smell in the bathroom even though it appeared clean. location was good for our needs.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great Hotel!

We wish breakfast would go until 9:30am or even 10am. We like to sleep in when we travel

The bed was great and the hot water was hot when we took our shower. We really enjoyed the pool!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

It was good time to spend there

I stayed for 3 nights, breakfast was same all days, I think it should chganges every day the dishes they had, also their elevetors kinds of slow. Also for location there is no restaurants nearby.

It is quite, clean.