Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites Virginia Beach – Oceanfront 3 stars

2015 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451, USA

#1 of 105 hotels in Virginia Beach

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The parking garage was a little tight and there were only a few spaces left at the very top before the night was over with. I'm glad it's free however.

I loved that the property was not only right by the water, it was in the middle of everything on the strip! I thought the location was perfect! Restaurants and bars were in walking distance. I will definitely stay here again!!

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The bed was not comfortable and the door placement was odd. Made it difficult to get in and out of the room from the front room. (Non ocean view side)

Location location location!

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The air conditioning was not the best. Even though our room was set on 70 degrees, we were hot.

Being waterfront was wonderful. The location is excellent. Also the staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the breakfast that was included.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Plastic sofa with squared corners. Cheap plastic uncomfortable chairs on the balcony and notification not to take breakfast back to the room. I paid for my room and the view I should be allowed to take my breakfast back and enjoy it on my balcony if I choose.

The view from my room

No complaints

The staff was very friendly accommodating and made my birthday stay special by posting a sign in the lobby The bathrooms and mahogany floors were refreshing and gave an upscale vibe The hotel and my room itself very clean and pristine 😍

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Everything was excellent. The room was great, staff was very friendly, the breakfast was great offering a variety of food, the hotel was clean and housekeeping did a great job.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Accommodations were over the top. This experience changed my outlook on Comfort Inns; I will seek them out in the future. The breakfast was good I just wish the coffee cups were a little bigger. The front desk provided me with a cork screw to use which was a real life-saver. The staff was extremely friendly and made me feel right at home. Other recent experiences at other hotels pailed in comparison to yours. Thank you.

Room set up with queen beds in separate rooms rather than 2 beds side by side. Loved also having adjoining rooms so family could be together, but also spread out if needed

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Wish there were seating around the front so you could just sit and watch the strip . what i watch people walking , motorcycles and cars go up and down the street

Good ocean view ,walking distance to restaurants , and that walk track near the ocean

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Someone's child pulled the fire alarm in the middle of the night. I do wish they had an on site restaurant.

Breakfast was great, staff friendly and everything was clean.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The bed was horrible! It was so uncomfortable.

The location was great, the room was quiet and clean. I loved that the bedroom and the living room were separate. Great interior design.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Building is small not as luxurious

The room was very nice and clean. Staff are friendly and pleasant. I like that the doors locked as you exit and need to used room keys to enter. Great cable television on both side.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Upon check in someone hadsmoked in our room. Frustrating but not the hotels fault. the property is 100% smoke free. The staff quickly moved us to another room & it was great. The view is wonderful & the staff were awesome!

The breakfast was wonderful! The staff were extremely accommodating. The location was excellent.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The breakfast was good. Eggs were tasty and not dried out. Potatoes fresh and sausage was crispy. The pool was clean and the hot tub hot! I was really impressed with how clean the entire hotel was. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The breakfast eggs tasted like plastic. The front desk person at check in was mean.

Location was perfect! Room was great and very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful except for the person who checked us in. She was very rude, unfriendly, and never even looked at us or really spoke. But we never saw her again and everyone else was GREAT!

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Wife and I being scalded by faulty shower valve. Staff was very responsive and replaced it immediately. Pain from burns went away by midday the next day.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The pool was supposed to be heated but was still too cold for the this time of year.

My expectations were well met. The room was spacious and the balcony with the ocean in the background made my stay even more relaxing. The beds were like clouds for sure! Breakfast is fresh and hot.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The rooms had all new furniture but could use a chair in the bed room also end tables on both sides of the bed would be good. The living rm area could use a chair along with the sofa.

Loved the new carpet in the bedroom and the bathroom upgrades are beautiful. Double shower heads are great. The view of the ocean were fantastic. A table to eat on with two chairs would be a plus.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

bed was very uncomfortable ,sofa was very uncomfortable. layout of room very poor for oceanfront room.

breakfast was excellent. room was very clean. nice pool and hot tub area

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The eggs were a little over cooked but overall I have no complaints whatsoever.

The staff was very accommodating for my daughters sixteenth birthday. They gave her and her friend a complimentary bottle of sparkling cider(it looked like champagne) and some champagne flutes. The indoor pool was great. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless. The beds were very comfortable. The view from our balcony was amazing! We were even allowed to check in early.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

There was nothing bad about my experience.

I loved everything about this Hotel. The Staff were extra nice, the view was awesome and the breakfast was great!

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

I was very happy with my stay, the service from the staff, and the breakfast buffet. I didn't find fault with the amenities or in general.

The only things that would have made my stay better would have been a little more comfortable bed as I have arthritis and a few breaks on my body. That's why I have a memory foam mattress on my bed, and if you look, you can find some that are no more cost than average mattress or perhaps a pillow top mattress for added softness. Also it would have been nice if there would have been room service for when you just don't want to go out and just order something for upstairs. I was visiting family (and will be coming back regularly for that reason) and was so tired I would have preferred something in my room in the evening.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

This is a nice convenient hotel. Our room was a suite with two rooms. One, in our case the sitting room, had a stunning view on the ocean. The other one, the bedroom proper, had not windows. I was afraid it would bother me but it didn't because overall the suite was very nice and we spent the free time on the bright side, which was spectacular. The location is great. Pool, Jacuzii and gym are pleasant. The hotel would gain by putting yellow lights rather than white lights in the lobby.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly. The room was beautiful with an amazing view. The food at breakfast was superb - tasty and hot. We loved everything about this stay and will definitely return.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The pool was supposed to be heated be it wasn't. The spa was on the other very useful for warming up.

It was sufficient for the purpose. I did really like the double shower head.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

There was nothing i didn't like about the hotel. It was great. Everything was just what i thought it would be.

Very friendly staff. The room was very comfortable and clean. Love the complementary breakfast. Overall a great stay. Will go there again.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The room layout for the suites is a bit awkward with the suite door opening into the bedroom rather than into the living area. The "door' between the bedroom and the living area was a sliding door that was hung at an angle such that it would not close completely. The room decor and the room just generally felt a bit old and dated.

Great location and very friendly staff. Plenty of on site parking. Nice pool and hot tub. Decent breakfast.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Breakfasts were good. Balconies have sliders, not doors, plenty of on premises parking and was able to extend our stay 3 days to stay for King Neptune Festivities without changing rooms. Rooms fairly modern. Great location.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The eggs tasted synthetic.

Room service staff called the room to double check if we needed service since we kept the do not disturb sign up for full stay.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The property could use an update in the rooms. The hotel seemed to be an older building. Overall a nice stay for the night.

The complementary breakfast was great! The view was awesome!!

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Hallway might need refreshed. Hotel gets a lot of use but that is probably why we rate it high too. Weekend rate was a bit expensive.

Friendly staff, easy access to Street and to boardwalk, balcony view of sunrise

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Ramp going to parking garage very steep. Scraped the bottom of the rental car so we went very slowly after that.

Breakfast was great. Rooms were very clean

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Hotel had no control over the fighter jets flying overhead LOL. They were getting ready for an air show and flew over from about 10am to almost 9 pm. Did see the Blue Angels go by!

The room was very clean and comfortable, the decor was modern and pleasant! Breakfast had many choices both hot and cold. The staff was professional, very friendly and helpful. Definitely would return!

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

bedroom could have been a little larger. night stand only on one side. should normally have two. had to use suitcase to set bottle of water and alarm clock on next to bed.

we were put in adjoining rooms so family could easily interact through connecting door. Space in rooms was adaquate. Good free breakfast. Typical fare seen in many hotels now for business travelers.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

additional seating on outside porch. Only 2 chairs for 3 people ( not really and issue, took chairs from inside desk

Staff was extremely friendly, rooms were very clean and maintained by staff, parking great, excellent security, breakfast was good top to bottom, loved the waffle makers

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Everyone was fine, however. The first impression was that of the insulting overzealous desk clerk.

My roommate was told that I hadn't arrived at this property although I was checked in and my roommate had the room number. They were told I was probably at the one down the street. He further said you people are coming down for the festival needing a place to crash. That was an insult.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Bed could've been a little softer.

Great location! The room was great for traveling with two kids under 4. Breakfast was delicious and hot. The whole hotel was very clean. Highly recommended!

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood is a bit tacky. Like Times Square - tacky shops, tons of tourists, traffic jams. Also, Navy jets fly over everyday and night. One day, I counted 24 jets fly over in just 30 minutes!! They are deafening!! I was there for a family reunion. One of my sisters in law would cover her ears and scream every time a jet passed. Yikes! And I'm curious about the crime statistics in that area.

I have a grumpy spine, and was afraid the bed was going to be too soft. It was perfect. Woke up without aches and pain! I also loved the view of the ocean from my balcony. Although the railing was only made of PVC!! Kind of scary! There were lots of towels! And the landscaping around the property was nicely done. Also, free self-serve coffee and tea stations were conveniently located. A fun trolley stops directly in front. Check out was super fast.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

I would have only booked one room if I knew the beds were in separate areas with a pocket door. Parking area needs more spaces. Hotel was nice and clean but for the price upgrade the toilet paper.

Most of the staff was very nice, breakfast was great with lots of options. Location to the beach was nice.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

No air conditioning I the gym.

Great stay. This was our second year in a row staying here. Clean,comfortable and great location! The work out room did not seem to have air conditioning...it was very hot. Other than that..... we could not ask for more!! We will definitely return to this hotel. Great value!

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Wish the room had a kitchen and a fridge with a mini freezer.

Split room for the kids, free parking, ocean front view, good breakfast, friendly staff, room keeper was great

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

the difference in the room temperature; sitting area stayed cold and bedroom was warm

lots of options for continental breakfast, everything was clean and staff was always cleaning.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Super close to the beach and semi close to the zoo and aquarium... Bed was a little firm for my liking but it did the job. No need to put your own chairs on balcony they hook you up! Great first time to Virginia Beach, i will be back next year! And if you need anything from staff, they are AMAZING!!

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

An outdoor pool would have been nice but the indoor pool and hot tub were great too.

Bonnie was one of the staff members who stands out in particular. She really went out of her way to make us feel welcome. And actually, ALL of the staff were excellent! From maintenance to housekeeping to food staff to front desk..EVERYONE was so friendly and truly cared that our needs were met. We WILL BE BACK!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Nothing. Our stay was great.

Rooms are nice and clean. Hotel is nice and up to date. Friendly staff and good breakfast. Within walking distance of everything along beach front. Would stay there on my next visit. Room was ready early so we where able to check in and hit the beach early.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The breakfast left much to be desired. The bacon was undercooked and wimpy. The waffles were inedible. It was free so I couldn't really complain. Ultimately went to McD's.

Balcony and view of the ocean were great. Parking was easy and convenient. Loved the "split two bedroom" room design.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Upgrade the lobby with more lights and better furniture. Upgrade the dining area. Provide better breakfast menu. Have in-house dining available.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

An omelet station would have been great!

Breakfast was good. Great variety, differed from day to day between scrambled eggs and omelets, sausage and bacon, frequently replenished. Fresh and tasty! Great Waffles and pancakes! Three waffle makers so short wait.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Really nothing I didn't like was very nice

The Room was pretty very comfortable, bedroom was nice size, sitting room comfortable with amazing view of the ocean,

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Small bedroom area. Strong floral disinfectant smell upon entering the room each day. Needed to air out the room.

Beach front location wonderful views! Very pleasant employees and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Sofa was not comfortable. It would have been nice to have a comfortable chair in the living area.

Very helpful staff! Location was central. Breakfasts were great with lots of options. Rooms were quiet. Views were beautiful - loved watching the porpoise.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Don't like your cancelation policy. Room not accommodating to small. Tripping matters. Need sheets that fit bed properly

Breakfast good. Beds were very comfy

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Nothing really!

Everything was wonderful, we were on our honeymoon and we really enjoyed our stay, we really have no negative comments and would certainly stay again!!!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The free breakfast was nice, however if you're going to offer omelets you should have 2 choices. Not everyone likes cheese. Coffee was part at best.

View was great, bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Hallway carpet looked very dated. Everything else all good.

Location, ocean view room. Covered parking on same floor. Staff very friendly. Size of room was more than plenty. When checking out via express, young lady wished us another Happy Anniversary!! Nice touch. Would like to come back in the summer, but I know prices then will be out of touch with reality.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Sorry see above

The first day the pool and that area was cold. We had little ones and one of reason we got this hotel was for heated pool. It was better late that night.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Nothing really

Bed was very comfy and the room was quiet, did not hear any noises from other rooms. The ocean view was spectacular and watching the dolphins jumping was amazing!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Breakfast was pretty bad. Especially for European standards, food was really bad. The only choices were eggs or bread with peanut butter. Interior of the hotel is worn out. Refurbishment would be good.

Location is good. As good as any other hotel on the oceanfront. Nice view on the beach.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The patio chairs weren't super comfortable (but the view was spectacular!) and the coffee wasn't great.

Included breakfast (make your own waffles were the best part! Lots of variety). The staff were all so sweet and accommodating, especially with our toddler. Indoor pool was nice for rainy days. Definitely would stay again!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The fan in bathroom wasn't working and the lock was broken on the sliding balcony door.I was ok with this during my stay and informed them at checkout when they said it would be fixed.

Bed was very comfortable and had choice of soft or firm pillows.Plenty of room in the queen suite.Nice variety at the free breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful.Will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

the pool water was so cold. the breakfast wasn't what was on the website. the staff was not friendly at all ( front desk or house staff).

the room was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Wish the hotel had a restaurant also,but that was no big deal.

The room was exceptional, so much better than where I use to stay when at virginia beach, the breakfast that came with the room was excellent, the location was near everything we needed, I will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Noticed a hint of mildew smell when the air conditioner was turned off for a while when it got too cold.

The bedding and pillows were extremely comfortable. Great location.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The bed.

I liked everything except may be bed. Used to my mattress. Alhough the bed was not terrible it was just okay. But it's purely my personal preferences. Liked the stuff! Extremly helpful! Host Jushua is very friendly!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

The location was perfect, steps from everywhere. Room was spotless and kept that way every day by Michelle who kept the sand out of our beds and tub! Noise complaint was handled within five minutes by Bonnie! First class hotel, lovely decor,super staff!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

It was hot in our room even with the air all the way down.

Super nice staff and awesome cleaning lady. Loved waking up to breakfast all ready. Awesome location we had such a good time.

• Room with Two Queen Beds - Ocean Front

Friendly front desk people, great location!

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Room was Great. Great view and terrific breakfast selection.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Everything. This hotel has the best facilities, delicious free breakfast and right along the ocean for the best price

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little stiff.

The breakfast was really good. The hotel was very clean. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Not much of anything to dislike

Larger rooms and breakfast included

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

The first morning breakfast was just okay. The cheese omelets were cold. But other offerings were great.

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. Good location and great view from our balcony. Enjoyed the breakfast each morning....

• Queen Suite Ocean Front - Non-Smoking

Clean and roomy. Good value.

everything