Reviews of Central Loop Hotel 4 stars

#101 of 154 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Definitely reccomend!
    • Small Queen Room

The room was a bit small

Very friendly staff, great service for guests. Loved the water bottle stations and housekeeping guest services. Very central location. Very happy with my stay @ Central Loop

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great location but better suited to business travellers
    • Small Queen Room

The room was not properly cleaned throughout our stay and requests for clean glasses or cups were not actioned. The hotel is unusual in having guest closets on the floors with items like irons, but these arrangements were not explained at check in.

We liked the location of the hotel. For our sightseeing it could not have been better. The Symphony Centre and Institute of Art were literally at the end of the street. The bed was very comfortable and there was reasonable space in the bathroom. The attached Elephant and Bull pub is very good value.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Fabulous stay for our Honeymoon vacation in Chicago.
    • Standard Queen Room

The 2 twin mattresses pushed together to make a king size bed. Also- no exhaust fan in bathroom.

Awesome staff; rooms were a great size and fantastic location- we’ll be back! 😊

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Best hotel when you visit Chicago
    • Standard Queen Room

All the staff was great, they made me feel at home. Very helpful and friendly. For sure If I have to back Chicago, I will choose the Hotel. Thank you so much

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Our stay would have been better if we had good bed and pillows
    • Small Queen Room

Your beds are not comfort and out dated .Where the pillow top mattress, rooms ate to small the tv set on top of the bed ......terrriable.

Water dispensary on each floor excellent idea .

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Comfortable and pleasant
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel restaurant was very loud and horrible to dine in. Wo also when I had a query about toll calls I had to ring reception 5 times and get 5 different answers before problem attended to with care

Liked the lobby and downstairs space. Drinks from 5 to 6. Laundry was great. Free cold water. Coffee machine in room excellenr

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Well worth it
    • Small Queen Room

One of the two televisions was not working. We were given a room that shared walls with the elevator and it was noisy.

The staff was helpful and kind upon arrival and assisted with speedy kiosk check in. The location was superb for attending the theater, visiting Millennium Park, shopping and our dinner destination, all within walking distance. They held our luggage in a locked room at no charge for the afternoon, post checkout, while we explored the city. Free wine and snacks were served in the living room from 5-6PM. We were upgraded to a suite. The adjoining restaurant Elephant and Castle was equally as impressive.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Great value. Nice amenities. Better than we’d hoped. Great location.
    • Small Queen Room

We chose CL to save money and ended up being very happy we did for many reasons. Room was comfortable and clean. Location was very convenient to the L and things we wanted to do. The hospitality fruit, coffee, and snacks were really nice. We didn’t use the free laundry, but it was a nice added benefit, as we’re the filtered water and bottles. I’d stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Functional and up to par.
    • Small Queen Room

The rate should include breakfast. It does include some apples, oranges and coffee from the hotel's Living Room, but still... Also, Time is catching up with the facilities. Not a bid deal, but that carpet in the hallways cold use some revamping.

The location is unbeatable. We also enjoyed the view from our room on the 7th floor. The room is functional and although on the small side, had everything a couple needs to feel at home away from home.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Loved it
    • Standard Queen Room

Upon arrival I was not given any information staff seemed distracted but made up for it as week progress

Glass of wine at five Closeness of pub Good internet access

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

good location, room small but not that bad
    • Small Queen Room

They deducted my deposit at the date I arrived when I checked-in without asking my permission throught my debit card that I put my info from booking.com app. They should ask my permission first. If I didn't withdrawed the money the next day, I don't even know that they charged me alredy. Eventhough, they gave it back to me at the end after 2 weeks.

Very good location, you can walk to the millinium park in 5 mins. 10 mins from union station, and 3 mins to monroe station where is located at the central loop of subway. Even the hotel is decorated in business style not fancy.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Ecellent
    • Small Queen Room

Not right in the center of down town Chicago. Although you can walk, it is more located to one of the sides of the city. If you would like to see the all city.. considering winter.. walking could be tough.

Great value for the money. Great Staff. Close to Willis Tower (one block away), train stations and restaurants. You can walk around and have groceries stores and pharmacies etc. Not that close to Michigan avenue center area. You can get there for about a 25 to 35 minutes walk.

Terrible night
    • Small Queen Room

Noise from outside: I had a terrible night. I can not sleep through the night because of loud engine noise from a refrigerator car that parked at the array next to the hotel. I asked to the hotel front manager, but he could not handle this problem. Hotel staffs: Most of them are not friendly and don't understand they have very important role to provide good experience at the point of contact with their customers.

Nothing special

Nice hotel
    • Small Queen Room

Strange wifi(?) antenna in the bed right next to our heads? A bit concerning. Also the windows don't open and are never cleaned so the view is a bit grimy..

Friendly staff, good location, clean enough. Overall would recommend.

Great location, poor value.
    • Small Queen Room

Rooms are small, old and outdated. Besides the location in the loop the central loop really isn’t worth the price.

The location is excellent and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchenette

The carpets are very old and long overdue to be replaced. The exhausting system in the bathroom is not working and after taking shower the room becomes humid. In the room for two people only one chair.

The hotel is great: great location, great staff, nice fitness facilities, socializing event at 5 pm provide vine, coffee, cheese, appetizers etc. I strongly recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Would stay again
    • Small Queen Room

Spartan and utilitarian but wasn't expecting more than that for the price. Also I assume that tv is satellite-based; the streaming kept freezing but in the end I didn't care as there wasn't really anything I wanted to watch. I just wanted to rest. In the a.m., the doormen were a little surly when I asked them to hail a cab.

Fantastic location, great price, decent restaurant attached, clean

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

GREAT
    • Small Queen Room

TV COULD HAVE BEEN ON AN ARM SO THAT IT WOULD BE VISIBLE FROM BED AND FROM WORK DESK RM 1021

WINE AT 5, KITCHENETTE, WORK STATION,BED EVERYTHING GREAT EXCEPT PLACEMENT OF TV, THE TV HAD A LOT OF SPORTS STATIONS....

Got to my room and the temperature was set to 52°, it was...
    • Small Queen Room

Got to my room and the temperature was set to 52°, it was freezing. I turned the heat up to 75° around 9pm and it did not warm up until about 4 in the morning! I looked at the vent and it was seriously clogged. This was my only problem.

Great location!
    • Small Queen Room

Great location! It's really close to Willis Tower and the bean. My sister and I had no problem walking everywhere in the city. The restaurant linked to the hotel is great too! Amazing food! We went there several times during the trip.

Great location!
    • Small Queen Room

The in-room furniture is wearing which may in a short time downgrade the star rating....at least the appearance.

Fantastic location & cleanliness of facilities.

Very good location, easy and comfortable stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

No safety box in the room. No iron although listed in the room facility.

Very good location for walking to attractions and access to different metro lines; the room had available USB charging systems; spacious work desk; the bed was comfortable (listed as large double bed but seemed king size). The room had a microwave although not listed in the room facility.

Good location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Not updated. We did not have a clock in our room. Very basic room ( no refrigerator or iron). Expensive & because of lalapalooza , the grab & go snacks/drinks were not put out.

Good location. Happy hour every night from 5-6. Friendly staff.

Amazing experience
    • Standard Queen Room

The AC in the room. There were moments when it was either too hot or too cold.

Everyone was more than friendly, the location was excellent (right next to the Willis Tower, shops, cafes, metro station)... Beds were super comfortable (also huge!), the room was clean.

Location, location, location!
    • Small Queen Room

There was no wine and snack buffet on the Saturday I was there. The front desk said someone did not show up for work so there was no living room wine hour. Very disappointing, this is one reason I stay here.

Location, location, location! Great location! I was just a few blocks from the Taste of Chicago event. A great spot, close to the lake, the river, a few blocks from Grant park and Millennium park.

It served our purpose, but would not really want to stay there too long because of the small room.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room is very small, and it is only a double bed, not even a queen. I think it was meant for only one person, because they only give you one washcloth.

The location is great. It is within walking distance to Millennium Park and also the Willis Tower. Lots of great restaurants nearby, and you can catch the blue line to O'Hare if you are there without a car. They have a bottle station in the hallway near the elevator where you can grab a brand new bottle and fill it with filtered water. Great for those hot, humid days!

Overall it was a good experience.
    • Small Queen Room

In the morning I asked a staff member at the front desk where I could print out my boarding pass and he sent me downstairs. This printer there was out of ink/toner so I went back upstairs and a different staff member was there and she told me they had to order toner and to use the 3rd floor printer. I wish all staff members would have been aware of this so I didn't have to run around the hotel trying to print my boarding pass.

The room was small but set up well for the most part.

great location
    • Superior Queen Room

The restaurant attached was ok, the breakfast was sometimes a bit overdone or underdone, so defiantly some improvement needed there, and some of the servers were not very friendly. i defiantly don't recommend the "british banger" as apart from being overcooked was very tough to eat, replaced mine with bacon! the evening meals reminded me of pre-heated food, however as with the states always a great choice of neighbouring restaurants

the hotel staff were really friendly and helpful, our room was spacious and met our needs. Great recycling idea with bottles and filtered water! Cannot remember her name but one receptionist in particular was so lovely and assisted me in the lift as i am nervous about closed spaces

Lovely 3 night stay in Chicago
    • Small Queen Room

Great hotel in the financial district of Chicago. Only a few blocks walk to millennium park and short walk to the blue line which you take in and out to O'Hare airport. Staff were really friendly and helpful during check in and out and when we needed advice during our stay. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anybody who wants a nice, Glen comfortable stay in Chicago

It was really great location downtown with Bike share...
    • Small Queen Room

I liked everything, but if you are looking for a high level luxury hotel this is not really the place. It is a really nice, clean, small boutique with everything you need. Also, if you are looking to stay near the Magnificent Mile not the greatest, but close to the park, downtown, and transportation is perfect. I didn't bring a car so no idea if parking is a problem or not.

It was really great location downtown with Bike share downstairs which was great. Really convenient restaurant downstairs as well. The fitness room is small, but good. Great small Hotel with everything you need for a very reasonable price. Also, fairly close to subway didn't need to transfer to come direct from airport for $5. Convenient in every way. Really huge TV in the room. I would recommend if you are not a spa person.

Good location and pleasant staff but my room needed some maintenance.
    • Superior Queen Room

Tv was broken, toilet would jam running continually, no drawers for clothes, sink wouldn’t drain properly

Location was great. Wine and cheese hour very good.

Super good value for money

Water pressure

The staff gave us available room even it's hours earlier than normal check-in time. The hot water pressure in bathroom is that strong as we used to, and they help us to change to another room for the 2nd night. They also have snacks supplied full day to let you enjoy a leisure time there. Fantastic location, walking distance to art institute and millennial park.

Great value gem in Central Chicago
    • Small Queen Room

Perfect location within walking distance of many main attractions. Right next to two transit stations, one linked to ORD Airport. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Comfortable and clean rooms. Great hotel!

First time in Chicago
    • Small Queen Room

Wine tasting, free laundry, location, my train did not leave till 8pm got late check out. Restaurant is very good. Can't wait come back to Chicago

Overall, we did enjoy our stay. It was nice to come back to an air conditioned room after being out.
    • Small Queen Room

A closer ice machine than the 3rd floor or a refrigerator in the room. One of the lights was out by the bed.

The available drinking water, especially on a hot weekend. My wife liked the glass glasses, hair dryer. The availability of the items she forgot. The security your elevator provided to the guests.

This will be my "go to" for future Chicago business trip: excellent location and services.
    • Small Queen Room

Staff bent over backward to help, lending me a charger when I left mine in the car, which was valet parked. A small happy surprise was the free wine, cheese and snacks "happy hour".

Great birthday weekend, even better if the desk clerk hadnt been rude to us.
    • Small Queen Room

The guy at check in was rude, bad way to start off a birthday weekend in the city! After that things were ok, but sure left a bad taste in my mouth!

Location was great, everything we wanted to go to was within 10-15 min walk, except the Pride March, but the location to get around by foot was wonderful. We rented bikes too to see a bit more of the city and had a great time.

The location was great.
    • Small Queen Room

Would be better if my room have a bathtub

The location was great...room amenities coping up with the latest technology...love the water refill station..

Quiet, clean, central location, great transportation.
    • Small Queen Room

At that price I would have expected ironing facilities and a personal safe in the room. They should also install grab bars in the shower, a safety feature that is useful not just for older travelers.

Excellent location, near my conference hotel, the Art Institute, transportation (CTA train to O'Hare airport is two blocks away). Very quiet, clean room, though small.

Comfortable hotel & a great value
    • Small Queen Room

Bathroom small and a bit dated, no dresser, safe or mini fridge in room but I didn’t need them for this short conference trip.

Very close to transport options, Art Institute, Millennium Park & Mag Mile. Great free wine & cheese happy hour. Attached to very good pub/restaurant that provided room service beginning at 6:30 am. In-room Keurig a bonus & free refillable water bottle stations by the elevators on each floor! Very secure building for solo travelers. Bed & pillows extremely comfortable. Staff very welcoming & helpful.

Staff were excellent, the free drinks and nibbles were...
    • Small Queen Room

Had a couple of issues with our room (toilet was blocked on arrival and the tap leaked), but we let them know before heading out for dinner and by the time we got back it was sorted.

Staff were excellent, the free drinks and nibbles were really appreciated! The room was comfortable and perfect for our needs, and the issues we did have were responded to quickly.

When a customer says it's urgent - the employee should understand what it means....
    • Superior Queen Room

the fact that there was no bath in the bathroom.....just a shower the fact that the hotel charge 100$ US taking for granted that we will eat at the restaurant very poor service from the clerk at the reception when I ask for my bagage - even if I told her it was an emergency and that the taxi was waiting for us.... I had to go myself pick up my bagage because after waiting for 10 min nobody brought us our 2 bags - UNACCEPTABLE !

the location - we were able to walk to Millinium Park

Amazing location, great staff and clean room.
    • Small Queen Room

Amazing location, great staff and clean room. Close to everything and close to the Monroe station in the blue line so going to and from the airport was super easy.

I was happy that I selected this hotel. It was both comfortable and convenient.
    • Standard Queen Room

At a little over $300/day, the hotel was a little pricey. I have had better accommodations for less elsewhere.

Location, location, location. Located in the Loop, this property was very convenient to get to and to get around from during my visit. I used the Blue Train of their rapid transit system to get to and from O'Hare Airport (and I am 78). The hotel is two short blocks from the subway stop. I was able to walk to my favorite site (The Art Institute of Chicago) and to the two theatres where I saw two plays. The room was small -- which I knew it would be from other reviews -- but very comfortable. I like a tub/shower combination; but this hotel has phased out tubs. I was, however, quite happy with my shower. The room was very quiet and my king size bed very, very comfortable. The staff were particularly pleasant.

Really good location.
    • Small Queen Room

Grumpy staff, old room, I felt I was paying way more than I should have. Poor value for money

Really good location. A short walk from the Chicago theatre, the park is close,any restaurants available. I took a walk to Lou Mitchell’s diner for breakfast - highly recommended

Great hotel.
    • Superior Queen Room

Loved the fact that I could work out in the room by viewing yoga classes on the tv. Loved the yoga mat in the room. Loved the refillable chilled water stations. Loved the wine and cheese.

Would stay here again

Everything ok

Second time I stayed here (for business). Very good location, close to Jackson Metro station (hotel easy to reach by the Blue Line from the airport). Room was clean, staff was friendly.

A nice, very small but very clean, hotel.
    • Small Queen Room

The bathroom didn't have a fan to circulate the humid air which is alarming, especially since when you walk in the door is closed. The bathroom needs some updating. The shower tile is a faded yellow that, while probably clean, it's hard to tell. I wore flip flops while showering just in case.

When I got into the room I immediately stripped the bed and checked it over for bed bugs, not only were there no need bugs, but all of the sheets and mattress cover were a pristine white. I've stayed at many hotel's, I always check it over for bugs but often in doing so I see that the bed layers are dingy colors or riddled with stains. I loved the location of the hotel, most of my entertainment came from watching the people bustling about below me. The room was a shoe box but it was charming, I've never stayed directly in downtown before so I had nothing to compare this room to.

Nice hotel in a great location.
    • Small Queen Room

Nice hotel in a great location. I almost didn’t book it because of all the reviews saying the rooms are too small. They are a bit smaller than average but not enough to go elsewhere for a lot more money.

It’s was nice and clean and great for one night
    • Small Queen Room

There wasn’t an iron and the coffee machine did not come with instructions.

We really liked the ladies on reception. We stayed there on the night of the 25 May and the two ladies on reception were brilliant that night and the next morning.

The stuff were friendly
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchenette

The wifi was not working properly in the room. room was not in good condition. Hotel looks old, requires renovation. Price to much for the amenities.

The stuff were friendly

Overall our stay was quite pleasant.
    • Small Queen Room

We had an issue with the toilet that was not attended to in a timely manner.

As we travel by train, the proximity to Union Station is one of the main reasons we choose to stay here.

Location was great.
    • Small Queen Room

Room was very small for the price. Didn't like that it felt like staying in a cave that overlooked a roof with a ton of air conditioning units. For a $300+ room, seemed a little cheap.

Location was great. Happy hour was a nice touch too. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Good business hotel with good facilities. Internet did not work properly which is unacceptable

Internet was hardly working. It was mentioned "we work on that" but for a hotel like this with high rates it is really unacceptable.

It offered all we needed, including the pub next to the reception which served as a good meeting place and after meeting discussions. From 5-6pm in the basement business center free wines and cheese which was pleasant to wrap up our day.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, 5pm drinks and...
    • Small Queen Room

Only real complaint is about the Wifi - very difficult to join and it kept dropping out. Got really frustrating after a while.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, 5pm drinks and nibbles a bonus! Nice to have filtered water available, and the free laundry was excellent!

The allowed us to make check-in 3 before , staff was...

The room was small and they asked for a extra 50 USD deposit

The allowed us to make check-in 3 before , staff was friendly and bed was comfortable, excellent location

2 Thumbs Up for Club Quarters Hotel
    • Small Queen Room

When I walked in the room I thought "Ahhh, I'm home!" Quiet, clean, great view, great sleep. RO water station on every floor. Check in and check out super easy. Best staff. Appreciate this hotel, stayed numerous times, consistently good.

I loved the lounge!
    • Small Queen Room

I loved the lounge! They had extra snacks, soda, and coffee. The added bonus of wine and cheese hour was wonderful! We love the water bottle station on the room floors!

Short but sweet stay in downtown Chicago!
    • Small Queen Room

A refrigerator would have been nice.

Great location. Near theaters and downtown attractions. Self-check in was nice. Keurig coffee maker was nice touch.

Great position, the room was big and the bed comfortable.
    • Small Queen Room

Old furnitures and old bathroom. The electric system has something wrong, since I got light discharges while touching door lock, metal part of the bed and wired devices.

Great position, the room was big and the bed comfortable. Free purified water service

The right choice to stay at the Loop!
    • Small Queen Room

The bathroom could be bigger.

Very confortable and spacious room, quite modern. Huge TV screen in front of the bed. Despite being in the center of the Loop, there was absolutely no noise coming from outside, had a great rest!

Rather comfortable stay with good atomospher.
    • Small Queen Room

Rom is rather old bashioned but well kept clean.

Very nice location. Everything is within the walking reach. Fortunately, I was allowed to check in earlier and got the rest after long travel from Asia.

Great service and good Location
    • Small Queen Room

The toilet could not be flushed properly twice during my 7 days stay. It was a quick fix and the service was prompt though.

Location and service. Concierge at the door was very helpful furing my departure.

You can beat the location, the budget friendly rate and nice staff
    • Small Queen Room

The room we stayed at was below average. The bed was not like a great hotel bed, no safety box no enough room and the bathroom was the worse but everything else was great like staff, location, cleanness and it was quiet

Amazing location and great price!

Awesome stay in the windy city
    • Small Queen Room

The location is the best to be found in downtown in budget. It has access to 3 CTA station within 600 meters. The staff were friendly and always ready to help. The restaurant at the ground floor was good enough. Rooms were just right, clean and proper. The business center was great, so was the fitness room. All the landmarks are accessible and were within walkable distance. Connectivity to O' Hare was through CTA blue line. This was very close to Willi's tower and had Starbucks, dunking donuts, Walgreen and other basic stores right near the hotel. Loved every bit of my stay.

excellent
    • Small Queen Room

The restaurant next door was limited given that I was ill and needed bland food. Room service was prompt and they tried their best but tended to doctor up even the white rice.Staff were terrific but the food wasn't.

Your staff were wonderful. Kind, friendly and exceptionally helpful. I became ill during my stay and the concern and meaningful help was exceptional! I wish I could remember everyone's name. Before I became ill one of your staff Christie helped me put an uber app on my phone. This was invaluable to have and I can't thank her enough.

Central Loop Hotel excellent for us in every way!
    • Standard Queen Room

Bathroom lighting so bright I could see every wrinkle and hair on my face. ☺︎

Hotel staff friendly/efficient. Upgraded from queen bed to twins. For our circumstance, worked great. Room had large windows with expansive 7th floor view. Quiet, restful sleep. Yes to filtered drinking water on every floor!

Excellent option for a vacation in Chicago. Near public transportation, attractions and restaurants

N/a

Fantastic location. The room was super comfortable and with a microwave and utensils that could be used for a dinner. I had access to the club's lounge with good coffee and fruits. Filtered chilled water dispensers available in all floors.

My daughter and I had a delightful time and this location was a good value and just very nice.
    • Small Queen Room

When I was going down to the fitness center, there was a very large live bug on the floor… Possibly a cockroach Everything else seemed immaculate

Kind, helpful staff

It is a small but comfortable room with everything you need...
    • Small Queen Room

I didn't like the bed in my room - it is too short and small I was afraid to fall

It is a small but comfortable room with everything you need to stay for a few nights

Will return
    • Standard Queen Room

Good location, walking distance to the museums, loop transit, train station, restaurants, however, when we where there it was to cold, icy, and windy to venture outside to see any of it. So, we stayed in and enjoyed the cappuccino machine and fireplace at the hotel. The restaurant was fantastic. Had three meals there which were all very good. All the staff at the hotel was amazing, very helpful, checking us in early, arranging transportation, etc. The room was on the small side but very functional, clean, and well appointed. One thing that they had, which I never saw before, was a water bottle filling machine. Very cool. We will definitely return to Chicago, in the spring or summer, and will stay at Central Loop Hotel again. Nothing negative to say about this hotel.

Relaxation at its finest!
    • Small Queen Room

There was nothing that I didn’t like

I like th staff. They were very helpful and had an answer for all my questions. They made sure I had everything. The food from the restaurant was amazing. The fitness room created an even better experience

Good value for the money
    • Small Queen Room

Close enough to the touristic area. It was great to find free bottled water in every floor. Staff was nice. Everything very clean. Nice and comfortable rooms.

Good overnight stop

Bathroom was compact; vents in room 707 need attention

Surprisingly comfortable stay despite the city. Given age of building & efforts at exterior renovations the staff & speedy elevators made up for any cosmetic issues

Heeeeeeyyy! This was the good life.
    • Small Queen Room

No jacuzzi. Hear didn't work. Hotel brought 2 heaters up. This was good. but then, he came in room. Don't believe he was supposed to do that.

Decir, great designer, heeeeeeyyyyyyyy!