Reviews of Legacy Vacation Club - Reno 3 stars

140 Court Street, Reno, NV 89501 , USA

#32 of 47 hotels in Reno

Close to downtown Reno and a lot of restaurants within a...
    • One-Bedroom

The noise of a dog next to our room. Free parking but very difficult to park the spaces are very small.

Close to downtown Reno and a lot of restaurants within a walking distance. Friendly stuff at the front desk. The room had everything stove, microwave, fridge. Overall I will stay her again.

the price I paid for 3 nights did not meet my expectations
    • One-Bedroom

AC was leaking through ceiling causing part of the ceiling to collapse, leaking water soaked my shoes and clothes left by the bed.

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Rough start, pleasant ending.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

We reserved a room a month in advance. I wrote on booking.com that I was going to be there between 11-1 and was going to check In. My understanding was that there was an 11 o clock check out time. So I thought the rooms would be cleaned by at least one since I said I was going to arrive by than. However, the check in time was not until 4 o’clock. So my family and I had to go somewhere for five hours before we could even get settled in. The lady at the front seat was unhospitible. I felt as if she was talking down to me because I did not know the check in time was 4 o’clock because on the website I used to book the room (booking.com) acted like we could choose out check in time. Later I figured out that legacy vacation club have an 11 o’clock check out time but if people want to check out later due to other certain circumstances they could. So that is why they hold the check in time until 4pm. To me if a check out time was at 11am people should be put by than. If you do have a late policy than select rooms should be made for that. Say if a person thinks they will not make it out before hand than they should be placed in one of the room with a later check out time option so others do not have to wait all day just to check in. Other than the whole check in fiasco the activity room has three arcade machines that did not work. The goose all table did not even have a ball and the pool table did not have chalk to go with it.

The studio was clean and there was a kitchen in it with all the stuff needed to prepare a meal.

Great location, great value, clean, and comfortable.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Most of the time, there was only 1 friendly attendant at the front desk. When things got busy, there could be a few minutes of waiting in line.

The location was great. There are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, and eateries within walking distance. The Great Basin Food Co-op is just around the corner. , River Walk District and a gas station are 2 blocks away. Each room has a fridge, an electric stove, a coffee pot, a microwave, pots, pans, plates, cups, and glasses. There is also a DVD player. While we didn't use it, it is great to have--and we'll bring DVDs next time.

This place was a great value for money, it was so nice to...

I liked everything.

This place was a great value for money, it was so nice to have my own kitchenette and there was plenty of space in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the location near the river.

Room was too small. Front desk was oboxious
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Front desk person named Theresa. She was obnoxious and she yelled at me to prevent me from asking about a room change. Ill take ot up you and the corporate office

checking out

Look for a better value in hotels. Stay away from this one.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Many things. Room is tiny and if you open sofa-bed there is no space at all. Shower may not fit a big person. I did ok but feels awkward. Room needs major renovation for furniture and air. The next room is separated by a regular door and you hear all conversations and noise. Very poor value for this hotel. I have stayed in much better hotels for fraction of it's price. I have not tried exercise room or pool. I would not recommend this hotel to travelers.

Location is very convenient and staff was helpful. Bed was a good quality to rest.

bring your own foam mattress if your room comes with a fold out bed and you have to use it.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

The room we got only had one bed and one fold out couch the fold out couch was the most unconfertable thing i had ever tried sleeping on. So the next morning we checked out a day early and was out 195.00 unrefundable dollars! but thats nothing compaered to the medical bill i would of had if i slept in that thing one more night.

Location was great clean quiet.

Never stay in this hotel, even if it is the only available in the town!
    • One-Bedroom

We have booked a one bedroom + living room suite in this hotel, and instead of that we got a single bedroom with a sofa bed. When we arrived and wanted to check in, the receptionist said, Booking.com just overbooked them, and they have no such a room available. (And she even not said Sorry!) (Note: We have selected this hotel only, because they had this one bedroom suite, which could fit nicely for 3 adults.) When I asked them how this overbooking could happen, - and showed them the written conformation I've got-, they said I should talk to booking.com because it is not their fault. Booking.com made the mistake and only they are responsible! Finally they have offered us a little discount for that totally different room, but even for that price, we could get much better room somewhere else I think. Unfortunately, we arrived on Saturday afternoon, when almost all other hotels nearby was booked already, so this very unfortunate situation left us with no choice to find another hotel. Thats why we had to accept their very unfair offer. Unfortunately this was just a bad decision, because we got a very uncomfortable night with not too much sleep. The sofa bed was terrible, no-one can sleep on such a bad mattress. The bathroom sink was jammed and the shower was unusable, because the water flow was very weak. The pillows were very uncomfortable and smelly. The carpet was terrible stained, dirty and smelly, seemed like never cleaned properly. The AC was not able to cooling down the room, but was extra loud and vibrating. Only one single lightbulb was working on the entire room, so we had to use our mobile phones for lighting. In general our room was old looking (maybe never been renovated). It was small (definitely not fit for 3 adults) dirty and very uncomfortable, even for only one night stay. All in all, it was one of my worst hotel experience I've got in the last 10 years.

Nothing at all.

The location is in walking distance to the Riverwalk
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

The parking situation is horrible. The covered parking is so low that a 5 foot three women can put her hands on the ceiling. Our trunk door hit the ceiling when open to unload our luggage. The second covered parking has a 6 foot clearance so any midsize to large SUVs or trucks Are not able to enter. There was only a handful of uncovered parking spaces on the property. The mattress on the sofa bed was so old we needed to put a blowup mattress on top of it to not feel every spring. Their policy is to leave trash and dirty laundry in the hallway to be picked up. And the elevator was not always working.

The location is in walking distance to the Riverwalk

One bedroom..should say one room with cooking facilities. Don't book if you're more than 2 people.
    • One-Bedroom

We were upgraded to adjoining rooms, thank goodness. Their one bedroom is ONE room. Kitchen, front room, bedroom all one room. You'd have to move the bed to open the sofa bed if you had more than 2 people staying in the room. The bathroom, oh my, the floor slanted so bad it felt like you aboard a ship. The shower door was stuck because it room was so off kilter. The floor was filthy. The Cold water in the "kitchen" sink did not work. The toilet barely flushed paper and if you go #2 be prepared to flush at least 7-8 times. To advertise this one bedroom to accomodate 4 people is very deceiving because unless you're really good friends and want to sleep right next to them AND I do mean right next to them you'd better book some place else. Ok for 2 people sharing one bed, and I don't think it was a queen but just a full/double bed. The staff was very nice. I complained about the water in the kitchen and toilet and they came right away. I found the clock under the bed and somebody's earbuds as well. We go to Reno several times a year and will not book into this place again even though it is within walking distance to the downtown casinos. OH my I didn't mention the parking. holy moly. They have 3, what they call parking garages, and the spaces are tight tight tight. Be prepared to get your car door dinged. Can't park on the street unless you feed the meters. This place looks to be an old motel turned into a timeshare type property but it is no way a vacation resort. It has a pool and exercise room but we didn't use them. No restaurant on site.

I would recommend this property as a last resort.
    • One-Bedroom

The noise I could here from my room. The location.

The staff was very matter of fact not friendly. The facilities are old and could use an upgrade (game room) The walls are very thin and I could here the party/group next door. When I called the front desk they said there was nothing they could do quiet hour is at 10pm.

excellent
    • One-Bedroom

our shower still had a little of hair in it. overall stay was great.

our room was very clean except the shower could have been better cleaned. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable of area. Short walk to city center. Definatley staying again.

I had a good visit and I will definitely be returning.
    • Small Studio

The bathroom was a bit small and the faucets were outdated, but still good.

The staff was very friendly and the room cozy and quiet. I thoroughly enjoyed the kitchenette and the location was perfect. I filled out their survey and they thanked me and will be addressing the updated faucets.

Staff are very professional, pleasant, and accommodating.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Parking is an issue. There are not enough spaces, the spaces are tight, and it doesn't help that many guests feel entitled to park across two.

Staff are very professional, pleasant, and accommodating. The bed was comfortable. The neighborhood was quiet.

staff nice. room dirty and not safe. will not stay here again
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

housekeeping was horrible. hair in tub and dirty dishes. fire extinguisher has not been checked in over 6 months

we shad issues with our room and ladies at front desk were very apologetic. At night there was a man at front desk that was different

I will not stay there again.

The unit

The staff members were not friendly. There was a bug in the bed. The heater was too loud could not sleep. The toilets were 2 feet above the ground.

Amazing front desk staff who were friendly and offered amazing service.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Amazing customer service. Front desk staff was so friendly and went out of their way to ensure family who stayed there had everything they needed. Grandparent left insulin in the fridge by mistake and they held onto it for us.

The pictures make this place look better than it is.
    • One-Bedroom

First of all, we didn't arrive until 1:00 and the man checking us in was drunk or high. He couldn't focus and it took 15 minutes to check us in. When we arrived in the room, the closet had a big pile of dry wall on the floor. We never could figure out where it came from. One of the sheets was stained, the floor wasn't vacuumed very well, and the bathroom was not very clean. The beds were awful and the floor slanted. The motel is older and they did a half job of fixing it up. It is rated as three stars but only deserves two. We could also see daylight under the outside door (this may be why the floor looked dirty).

Location was good

Good value for the price
    • Small Studio

The bed was slated to one side. The next morning I lifted the mattress to find the box spring was not on the bed frame. The noise at night was unusual. Was that fireworks going off? We have stayed there twice. We were put in the same exact room (coincidence?)

I like the location, the pool and the tidy room.

The pool
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

The rooms are so outdated. The pullout had springs coming out of the mattress. The best is a full not a queen. Room not cleaned that great and needs a complete makeover.

The pool

Misled
    • Small Studio

We were led to believe there was room for 3 people. Unfortunately booking.com believes an 11 year old child can share a queen bed with his parents

I liked the location

Extremely unhappy, very stressful.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

I chose this facility for location and the pool; the pool heater was broke. I changed hotels. Money that I needed for travel got tied up in their system and I had to go to Moneytree for gas money home.

The kitchenette was well equipped.

The entire place was actually wonderful other than my experience with the neighbors.
    • Small Studio

During my stay there was some violence in the room next to me. I was afraid. Security could not enter the room as I wasn't sure which room it was. A man was beating a woman.

Staff was very friendly. Liked the room and area.

nice little room with the kitchen
    • Small Studio

there was a loud generator sound that keept kicking on through out the night. didn't care for the fact you had to walk all the way around and back outside to get to the door of the room

nice little room with the kitchen

There was plenty of stuff for the kids to do.
    • One-Bedroom

My only issue was the bed. The bed was really springy, kinda like sitting on a trampoline.

There was plenty of stuff for the kids to do. There was a putting green, indoor pool, and activity room. The kitchenette was fully stocked with dishes. It had everything needed to cook full meals for my group of 2 adults and 4 teenagers.

Unsafe: Choose another location
    • Small Studio

Was not given the room type I expected when I reserved my stay and I was charged more than listed on my booking.com confirmation. I was told that I would get a balcony but it was just a sliding glass door that opened up to an unsafe common hallway that random people could walk by your room at any time and at all hours. It looked like there were plenty of rooms with private, safe, balconies vacant but one was not allocated to me. It took at least 15 minutes, usually more, to get from your room to your car because you had to walk through several floors of hallways and stairs. I am disabled and none of the elevators that were near my room worked so I had to climb several flights of stairs during my two day stay. It was a huge hassle just to get to your car. All of the entrances were unlocked so just anyone on the street could wander in at all hours of the night. This place is not safe for a woman. Booking.com customer service was very helpful to try to resolve my issues but the place did not allow for me to change my room, cancel my second night or try to alleviate my concerns in any way. There is a $100 deposit required for your stay and I only found out about it when I was reading the reviews.

Overall I would book this property again, but I would make sure all the amenities are operational.
    • One-Bedroom

I was very disappointed that the pool had been out of service for months (according to staff) and still wasn't fixed. (The sauna was also closed because the pool was closed). The "game room" looked like it had a pool table in online photos but only had foos ball and 3 "antique" video games that weren't even free - and one of those was out of service. The rooms were generally clean, but you could tell that things hadn't been dusted in awhile and there was dirt on the dishes in the cupboard. The sink and counter are are REALLY small and the fridge is a mini-fridge.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They fixed a "double charge" made in error within 24 hours. They also brought extra towels, kitchen products (paper towels, coffee) and laundry detergent because of the error. Nice selection of dishes and cookware. Great downtown location! Walk-able to many restaurants and casinos.

Stay at a hotel instead.
    • One-Bedroom

Room stunk of smoke and a weird odor. Beds were rock hard and the pillows left much to be desired. Walls were thin. Shower enclosures had mold that looked to be painted or recaulked over.

The 1 bedroom suite was quite spacious and having 2 bathrooms for a family was nice.

Less than adequate.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

One of my friends got bed bugs or fleas from the mattress on the pull-out bed. The pull-out bed was horribly uncomfortable and was not made for us. The locks on the doors and the sliding glass doors seemed flimsy at best. We will not stay there again.

The location was fine...walking distance to good places to eat and explore.

Good for the price, needs renovation & updating, but staff is Awesome at resolving issues!
    • One-Bedroom

The rooms are outdated. The room was cold due to poor heating system and me and my family got sick. Some areas, like the bathrooms had hair on shower walls and tub still looked dirty. A little more attention detail will resolve these issues. Cold was coming in through the front door and sliding windows.

The staff was kind, courteous & extremely helpful in answering any questions or resolving issues we had with our stay.

It was ok. Don't think we'll be staying again
    • Small Studio

Our room did not have an AC unit. Bathroom was really small. Bed was really small. Our door got jammed and would not close. We've stayed before and same issues minus the door jam.

Decent price.

Budget accommodations good for families with kids
    • One-Bedroom

They charge a ridiculous "resort" fee when they don't have any resort style amenities. The pool was closed for repair. We stayed here last year same weekend and it was closed for repair then too! They do not clean your room during your stay.

The rooms all have kitchenettes. The facility does not have a casino and it is a non-smoking accomodation.

Reno’s Best
    • One-Bedroom

I wished it were just a little closer to the casinos. Although it was just a couple of blocks from Harrah’s, I did not feel safe enough to walk there after dark alone.

I liked that it was a big spacious room. We had a one bedroom apartment. We paid less compared to staying in a casino.

Won't go back
    • One-Bedroom

My room was not what the web sight showed me! Had to wait til after 4 the next day to change to a more comfortable room! And staff was rude about everything and my email said all resort fees were included and I was charged resort fees at check out!

This was a terrible experience. Retrain your staff with customer service skills.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

*Power went off - no apologies were made. *No hot water the next morning, we all had to take cold showers before the wedding; including the bride and groom. *The night staff was rude to every single person I saw her interact with. *Our room key stopped working 12 hours into our stay, even thought we were staying 2 nights. *The groom could not reenter to get the hat he was supposed to wear at the the wedding. *It was a cold weekend and we asked for extra blankets; they never arrived.

The sheets were clean; our other party was placed in the room next to us...making it easier to get ready for the wedding (or so we thought).

the property - rooms are old.
    • One-Bedroom

the property - rooms are old. the air conditioning - blowers are bad. the extra bedding is not good. the plus of the room is size and kitchen, other than that its a below average quality.

With no cancelation policy, it is good hint I was in for a problem
    • Small Studio

No refund policy. Bathroom light switch in wall plug in? Dirty hall ways. Neighboring church rang bell every 15 min on weekend evenings. No rolling bed sleeper, AC turned off on Nov, with 70 degree nights.

Not much

Excellent value and nice stay.
    • Small Studio

The indoor pool was closed for maintenance. Not a big deal but it was a huge selling point in my decision to choose this location is the competition.

I liked all of the included home furnishings ie, dishes, pors and pans, and appliances.

It does have a fair amount of amenities, just not sure they are worth mentioning ...
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

It was challenging to get from the car to our room with all of our luggage. It required lots of awkward leg-holding-door manuveurs and slow, tiny elevators and small, dark corridors. The kitchenette is helpful, but it's crazy old. Like from the 1950's. The room was a decent size, but the layout was strange, especially the bathroom. It was not as functional as it should be. It was so very, very outdated. Seriously, I have not ever stayed somewhere with over 70 years of updates needed.

It has a great location and it offers guest a covered parking spot in downtown Reno. It was just under $100/night. Not sure I could see myself recommending it to a friend or family member but it served its purpose for us.

Needs an update so everything works
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

It was in serious need of an upgrade. Stoves was ancient and refrigerator was broken or didn't close.

It had a kitchen so I did not have to eat out everyday.

Furnish shuttle for parking i had to take my car not safe to walk street at nite in that area
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

It was too small no parking if you went out did not have enough parking for all the rooms at your rented very dissatisfied will never see again because of your parking when you have an event on August Night you should be able to acomadate at your guest that stay there so we don't have to park on the side of the street with a meter and have to get up before 9 in the morning not to get a ticket cuz you don't have parking for your guests

I like the amenities of the pool game room and the girl worked at nite was very helpful

Fabulous! Wonderful! Will visit again and stay at Legacy
    • One-Bedroom

The only thing I would improve on is the sauna. It didn't get hot enough, but definitely was not a deal breaker. We can't wait to go back!

I loved this place! We were in Reno as a last minute vacation before the kids start school. Our room, 316, was clean, spacious and had everything we needed to cook our own meals. The pool was amazing! The fitness center was sufficient.

Off the main area, but still a quaint and very clean place to stay.
    • Small Studio

Early check out 😩 Bed or pillows - one of those was very uncomfortable. I am still sore from my stay. Otherwise, I would have loved it. Next time, I'll bring my own pillows and better walking shoes and I'll be fine.

It was a cute facility. They provided everything we needed to make ourselves at home. Area was ok but didn't feel like walking so we had to drive

Close to River Walk and good restaurants.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

One of the beds was a couch bed which wasn't very comfortable. There was a lot of noise from the other rooms.

Close to River Walk and good restaurants.

Great location & plenty of room
    • One-Bedroom

The floors were dirty even though they appeared clean. Parking was a challenge late night.

Large bedroom 2 full baths plenty of room, nice appointed kitchen with everything you would need.

Dissapointed
    • One-Bedroom

The air conditioner was slow to work the first night, fine the next morning and evening, but stopped working during the 2nd night. It was terribly hot. The security guard brought us a fan, which was not very helpful. The following day the front desk assured us that the air condition would be fixed. When we returned to the apartment around 6:00pm on the 25th of June, it was unbearably hot in the apartment, even with the single fan. The front desk said a part was needed, and it could not be obtained until the following day. They said they did not have any other rooms. We could not spend another night in a hot apartment. We had to check out and find a new place to stay. The Legacy would not refund our money for that night. We will not be using any Legacy properties again. We also will not be using Booking.com in the future, unless you plan to reimburse us for the night of June 25th.

I liked that there was a kitchen to prepare meals. The location was good.

Will not book again or recommend!
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Booked 6 months in advance- did not get adjoining rooms- claimed we were not able to switch rooms due 2 "no vacancy" - we saw the opposite of that! Room temp - 79 degrees- 0 a/c, they brought us fans! Really?

It was OK, but I wouldn't stay there again.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

While the hotel was conveniently located downtown, there was not enough parking for all of the guests so we had to leave our car on the street overnight. There was hair in the bathtub. I had called for an early check in and told our room was ready, but when we arrived the staff at the front desk were visibly annoyed that we were being allowed to check in early. And check out time is 10 AM, which I thought would be ok, but was really too early. And the gym was pretty lackluster with a broken treadmill. With all the other choices in Reno, I will go somewhere else next time.

The hotel was in downtown.

nice, great central location, clean rooms
    • One-Bedroom

lots of chlorine in the pool

in downtown, very clean. A modest place to stay, helpful staff, allowed our early check in. everything close by for walking. easy access to main road for car. kids enjoyed the pool.

Clean, with an awesome location and staff, but little adjustments need to be made.
    • One-Bedroom

The last night we were there, someone above us made noise all night. The paint around the pool was flaky and got everywhere. I think there should be more vending machines. The one I tried to use, did not work either. Since we stayed for three nights, they should have put enough coffee in the room for us. The location of our room to the elevators, was not so great. I would have liked to have been a little bit closer to the elevators. I think that a continental breakfast would have really been awesome, I would have paid an extra 20 bucks for my stay just to be able to wake up and grab some food, then go back to the room and relax. Since I have two kids, it would have been nice to have been closer to the entrance or like I said, the elevators. My kiddos were sleepy by the end of the day, and the kitchen requires groceries, so it was hard hiking all the way to the room with those. But I understand it would take some reconstruction to fix that problem.

The staff was awesome. They were friendly and welcoming. The location was amazing. We walked everywhere: lunch, dinner, grocery shopping, to museums, etc. The room was clean, and the kitchen provided pretty much everything we needed except for the food. The room as very quiet the first two nights. When we needed something, they were more than welcome to provide it. For instance, we needed extra towels for the pool, and they quickly grabbed us some. There were two elevators that worked, so that was nice. There is a Starbucks down the street from the hotel, so we got to walk there a few times. The parking was very convenient since it is close to the elevators. The location really is the best part of this hotel, you cannot go wrong with the price and the location. We were very happy to have paid so little and not have to waste gas money driving all over town. After booking a room here, check out all of the awesome places nearby and visit them all. We got to visit the Discovery Museum which is about a mile away. Grab a coffee on the way at Starbucks, visit the museum, and on the way back there are several awesome places to stop and eat.

Don't stay at legacy !!
    • Small Studio

Room was not what I expected. It was supposed to have a fold out couch. It did not. Door would not open. Maintenance man had to shoulder the door for us to get in Door was fixed the next day. Asked for a different room. We were told they were sold out. However they switched rooms wfor the person ahead of us. Carpets were filthy in the hallways and the room was not that clean. Dirt in the corners of bathroom. Overall not a pleasant experience.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Good for the price
    • Small Studio

The parking was limited and we had to pay to park on the street. The room we stayed in is a little dated and could use a remodel.

The location is great

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Unpleasant experience.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Our keys didn't work and door lock had to be changed. The temperature in the room went from 79-81 and heat was off. I asked for AC and was told they couldn't change over to it yet and the building can only offer one type of utility at a time. There was no fan in the very tiny bathroom and that with no AC made the whole room steamy! There were loud people all over the complex that yelled and screamed til 1 in the morning and then at 4 am loud people walked by our room not caring about sleeping people. The staff should tell people there is a quiet time after 10 and to be considerate to others especially since people travel thru lobby to get to elevator. We did not enjoy our stay and tried to avoid being in our room til it was time to sleep!

The couch was comfortable to sit on.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Old and run down
    • One-Bedroom

The couch had a sticky substance on it when we checked in that once reported was cleaned (this should have been done before we checked in). The patio on the second floor was filled with cigarettes butts and the ground and empty beer cans. Again once reported, it was cleaned up but this should have to be something reported. It's an expectation of cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Great Family Environment
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

The brown paint on the outdoor flooring was chipping and was getting tracked into the room.

The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed. The staff was so friendly & very helpful finding us fun (kid friendly) things to do around the city.

Good for a short stay, better than hotel
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Walls are thin so you can hear people talking at all hours.

Bed was comfortable, location central to downtown, staff helpful, cute studio apartment. Better than casino hotel room, not exposed to smoking as much.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Loved the indoor pool and being able to check out movies for...
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Not a fan if the $100 security deposit that still hasn't been credited back to our account.

Loved the indoor pool and being able to check out movies for the kids.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Loves that we can bring our own foods and cook and the room...
    • One-Bedroom

Loves that we can bring our own foods and cook and the room itself are awesome.. Its like a little studio.. But perfect!! Everything is in walking distances!!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

A very nice place undergoing renovations.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed was too close to the wall. The heater was noisy and the door between my room and the room next door was not soundproof.

The bed was moderately firm, which is what I like. The room was warm when I arrived. It was spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. There is plenty of off-street parking. There was a balcony. That was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

2nd try, still not worth the money
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

You can hear the slightest thing through the walls, the heater was so loud we slept cold with it off, the pillows were uncomfortable, the rooms are not cleaned each day.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Goodplace near downtown Reno just minute 5minute walk away. But makesure to follow up the room u boo
    • One-Bedroom

But i havent got the room i booked. I booked a 1bedroom 2queenbed room.they give me tge 1bedroom 1kingbed room and just added 1 more sofabed outside.

Tjey gave me bigger kitchen in substitution of the smalle kitchen tha i booked.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Convenient to downtown , River Walk, co-op grocery,...
    • One-Bedroom

No dishwasher, small bathrooms, pool closed for remodel , parking lot small in front and tight parking spaces.

Convenient to downtown , River Walk, co-op grocery, kitchenette , balcony , flat screen, elevator, quite neighbor hood , game room

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great place for the price!!!
    • One-Bedroom

Didn't like that the side of the hotel did not have air conditioning so our room was very heated which was nice if we were cold but for sleeping purposes not a good thing.

We liked the convenience of being centrally located to everything. The property staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

HORRIBLE, DO NOT STAY HERE
    • One-Bedroom

A week prior to our stay, we had asked for an early check in, but when my husband called to confirm this, it was not in their system (woman had an attitude, but stated it was ok). My family and I stayed here for 3 nights, and when I had asked if our room was going to be cleaned, I was told that 4 nights would include a cleaning (had to go down stairs to get toilet paper, and we had to chase down the cleaning staff (nice) to get towels); that's disgusting, germs travel. I even asked to use the vacuum to vacuum our room myself, I was told I could not do that, we would need to pay extra to have someone clean our room. To make matters worse, there is no parking for lager vehicles (large suvs/ trucks), and we had the loudest/most disrespectful/inconsiderate people above us (kids running/stomping after 11pm, loud tv, and the bathroom fan going all night long), that kept us from having a good nights sleep (tossed and turned all night). There are more bad comments to add (2 star hotel), but you get what you pay for; we will NEVER return.

Free Wifi.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Poor

The indoor pool was closed and booking.com didnt post a note about it. Also, the rooms were not noise cancelling like most hotels, they smelled weird, the door had a gap on the top, the door frame was weak looked like someone tried to smash the door from outside. The other room didnt even lock; you can open it from the outside without a key. They dont clean rooms daily, and there was no coffee bags inside. The parking's height was too low we couldnt go in with our suv. Oh and when my aunt slid down the ice mountain, unfortunately hit the tree!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Very pleased with weekend
    • Small Studio

Bring own pillow if you need to

Current management is doing good job with the property. Small kitchenette was good, writing table, big chair and hair dryer are all good bonuses. Rooms were good sized.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

HORRIBLE
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

The shower had pubic Hair in the shower and ceiling, the bed was uncomfortable sank in the middle the check in was way too late online it gave options but the facility didn't offer my time I registered the maids kept waking up by the cleaning on the outside with cleaning other rooms. It was the worst place and I never completed about a place I stood before HORRIBLE

Nothing but location

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Way too loud. Can hear all your neighbors.
    • Small Studio

This place is LOUD. The walls were paper thin and you can hear neighbors and people in hall. Have to leave fan on which is also very loud to drown out other noise. Noisiest hotel Ive ever stayed in. Housekeeping only 1x during stay and they didnt clean out fridge before we checked in.

Water and coffee in lobby. Location 1 block away from River Walk. Coffee and breakfast walking distance and same block.

Great Atmosphere for a Great Price!!!!
    • One-Bedroom

The building was older and when we arrived the weather changed from 80's to 40' overnight with cold rain so the changeover from air to heat was a bit of a process. But Mark, in charge of maintenance, made sure everything was taken care of and when we were cold while the boiler was warming he made sure we had a heater. So while there were minor problems here or there everyone was so ready and willing to assist.

We are a family business who was in Reno for a trade show and the first thing we loved at Legacy was the family atmosphere. Everyone was really friendly and ready to help in any way they could. Mary checked us in made us comfortable and made sure we had everything we needed. When we we were chilly she brought extra blankets to our room immediately. We felt like we are at a place we had been coming to for years. The rooms were a comfortable size. They had an apartment feel with a little kitchenette. It really saved us having to go out to eat when we didn't want to. Especially breakfast and coffee we could take care of ourselves. Everything felt clean and cared for. Judy the manager made us feel so at home. She stopped and chatted with us as well as giving us some great suggestions of the local spots. If you are looking for a "Reno" experience than maybe a casino would better suit you, but if you are looking for a quiet place to go back to every night that is private and comfortable this is an excellent choice. We will definitely stay here every year!!!

Nice, but bit pricey for location.

Bit pricey for location.

Good facilities in rooms.

Beware when you have to acknowledge No Partial Refunds for Early Departure when signing in!
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Room appliances were turn of the century. A/C was incredibly noisy.

Very clean and staff was very friendly.
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

Very clean and staff was very friendly.

Had a good night's stay.
    • Small Studio

The location was a bit off the main strip.

We stayed only one night. The room was fine. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Definitely coming back
    • Studio - Non-Smoking

The room was amazing along with game room and pool. I got married around the corner. I will be back