Reviews of Legacy Vacation Club Steamboat Springs Suites 3 stars

1485 Pine Grove Road, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477, USA

#17 of 27 hotels in Steamboat Springs

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

A swim in a pool required a short car ride to the facilities sister club. The air conditioner was plugged into an outlet that also had LR lights plugged in as well (not a dedicated outlet) so if you turned off the switch to kill the lights, you also turned off the AC unit. A daily resort fee was NOT mentioned in the facility description and was only mentioned upon checkout of our unit.

The miniature golf course to the rear of Building A was challenging for a free activity and the hot tub was a welcome treat after a day of walking around Steamboat Springs. A very good, filling breakfast at the Egg and I (Sundance Plaza on Angler's Drive) was just a few minutes walk away. The reception desk staff were prompt and polite.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Floors were uneven and felt squishy, front door had a gap that you questioned the security of it, beds were SUPER uncomfortable, shower doors were installed incorrectly so water got on the floor all the time, housekeeping wouldn’t come every day unless they charged you a fee if you stayed for more than one day, only one little air conditioning unit in the living room so it was hot in the other rooms and the fan in our room didn’t work right, very poor water pressure

Like a little apartment with all the kitchen appliances you would need. TVs were awesome!

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The couch and chairs in living area were not comfortable.

The TV and DVD player were nice. Place was generally clean. Enjoyed having the patio. Location is great!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was outdated the tables the chairs were ruined, damage. the bed was very hard as a rock.. there was not much privacy people walked by your windows.. the patio was dirty. look like it hasn't been cleaned in a while.. the shower head was horrible it barely got my head and hair wet, took forever.. everything was just outdated and Warren.. I feel it definitely was not worth the price.

Telling you the honest truth. I could not find anything that I liked about this property. the outside was worn and outdated no flowers , nothing!.. it looked like it was an old apartment complex .I guess the only thing I could say that was nice was the jacuzzi. I definitely felt like I got ripped off..

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We chose this location for a snowboarding trip. The shuttle service was very helpful. The condos were only a few minutes from the resort and many shops/restaurants. I would definitely go back.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t understand a word that the lady at the front desk was saying Bathrooms outdated Unreal amount of hidden fees- paid for rooms. Then paid and $100 for amenities- and then a resort fee to top it all off

Nice big room

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The place was run down. Our front door had a half inch gap when closed. The floor was soft in several areas and felt like it could collapse if you put too much weight in one place. Calling for the shuttle for pickup from the ski area took over a half hour, often requiring two calls. It was too far to walk to most other things to see and do in town or the ski area.

They had a shuttle than ran to the ski area regularly. It was close to several restaurants, shops, and groceries.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Property is a little dated, sliding doors in bed room are stuck, towel rack fell off and counter tops in kitchen are very low

Great location to mountain, restaurants and shops

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

It's an older property and had older appliances. It was fine for our group of 6.

I liked the location, close to the resort, grocery store, and 5 minute drive to town.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

This is really minor, but a better chopping knife and some microwave bowls with tops for larger meals to be heated up. There are only the small cereal type bowls or a couple giant square pyrex dishes that don't fit in the microwave.

Great, helpful and attentive staff! We had a couple minor problems and they were fixed in a timely manner with a positive attitude!

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Compared to where some of my friends stayed, the facilities seemed fairly old/dated. It wasn't a huge deal since we were on the slopes the whole time, but I'm not sure the cost difference is in line with the differences in accommodations/etc. We used a timeshare for most of the trip, but we booked an extra night on the end. That cost was pretty comparable to what my friends spent and I'd say their place was a lot nicer and had a direct gondola to the resort. That said, the shuttle was pretty much just as efficient and we don't really care and were happy. It's more an observation in perceived value.

Location and shuttle are great. The access to and from Steamboat is really good and it's nice to be so close to grocery stores. Being able to walk there was a big money saver from eating on the mountain or at restaurants. Staff was great -- very friendly and helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The heat was blaring the entire time, we couldn't get it to turn down even when we changed the thermostat to 58 degrees so we had to sleep with the windows open each night. The towel rack was broken in our bathroom and when we tried to open the curtains to the sliding doors parts of them fell off...

It was a convenient spot and was nice having two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen with some appliances.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Shuttle is closed for their lunch hours - 11:30 - 12:45 which are peak hours to be open for skiing half days. Did not like that, especially during peak season. They need a backup lunch driver. Checkout at 10 am, which we didn’t realize and Daniela called and asked us to leave the room at 11 am or they would charge us a fee. We had to sit in the lobby for an hour with Daniela and wait for our airport shuttle. No housekeeping service

The first floor room with sliding glass doors to go outside and play in the snow! Shuttle was easy and convenient and took us everywhere we needed to go. Lindsey super sweet person, so nice and positive and helpful during our whole trip!!! Loved the two bedroom suite, plenty of room for all of us and the kitchen was convenient to cook breakfast. Safeway is right across the street. The wonders of the World book in lobby and the treats and the four lazy boy chairs, very cozy. Laundry room.

Very acomodating . friendly

Had a lot of activities. The room was fantastic. For me it was a quick get away for some escape time. Will definitely go there again.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

My husband and I stayed here for a short weekend get-away. The interior of our condo was very nice, but our balcony opened to an old mini-golf course, was dirty and did not feel very private. We did enjoy having a kitchen -- all dishes and pots/pans needed for cooking were supplied. The staff was pleasant.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed could have been a little more firm. Other than that it was perfect!

The fact that we had a kitchen and a separate living room made it feel like home.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Accommodations were very old and not well kept up. Carpet was filthy. Not at all what I expected from the pictures and description.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

If you need ground floor access make it clear. only the Jacuzzi was working on my visit.

Remember this is an apartment. Sitting space sofa coffee table etc, dining area and kitchen with a counter into sitting area so nice and social. View from sitting area / door onto walkway nice for sunsets. Ironing board in the room so I made use of free laundrette - they even had small washing powder packs for $1. Loved my chat with reception and Fish Creek falls was a great recommendation - ditto supermarket advice. Loads of local tourism info.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The property is a bit tired, but they are working on improvements.

We stayed in a one bedroom unit that was very comfortable. The property is a distance from town, but the city provides free bus service to and from as well as to the gondola area. A bus stop is right at the property which was very convenient. A large grocery store and eateries are a minutes walk away. Free laundry facilities are provided and coffee is ongoing in reception during office hours.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We thought it would be a standard hotel room, but it was a one bedroom suite, with a complete kitchen and living room. Our particular room was wheelchair accessible. Felt like we were guests in someone's home.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The layout of the room looked like my friend's home. I liked the kitchen. Receptionist Lindsay was very friendly and informative. The bus service and locations were the best.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that we were 6 people in the apartment 2 adults and 4 children and there was only 2 beds, they said that there was going to be a sofa-bed and there wa just a sofa, so we had to give the big bedroom to our kids and we took the single bed... other that that the place was owsome!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

AC did not work well it did not cool room, room stayed about 85 degrees.... terrible terrible terrible we were so uncomfortable our whole trip. It's ridiculous to pay this much and can't even move to another hotel because you'll lose your money. Management brought us 2 box fans to our room we had to keep our windows open and fans going the whole week we could never get cooled just hot air blowing... very unsatisfactory misserable conditions for a family vacation. I will never ever ever stay here again ... EVER worst experience of our lives 😡😡😡

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room had 5 big stains on the hallway carpet, each about 2 - 4" in diameter which turned us off immediately. TVs are not HD. Lighting in the bathroom was poor. Outside of the property is very run down - the parking lot, grass, concrete walkways, wood stairs. The place could use a makeover! There are 3 floors & no elevator. Our room had a safe that was not securely bolted to the wall & did not have a key, so we had to go to the office to get one. I think we could get better value for the price we paid, which was about $185/night w/tax.

Location was good. Room has a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom & 2 TVs. There was enough room for 2 people. The bedding was clean & comfy. Stairwells are well-lit. Water pressure in shower is good.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

little old, A/C to small for room size, pool being renovated was inconvenient , had we known, might have gone to another place.

location is good, had good games to play

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The girl when we checked out( Amairani) was unfriendly disinterested and couldn't give a damn. Ruined a perfect experience!

This building looks old on the outside, but we booked a 2 bedroom apartment, which was a great space for 4 adults ,newly painted and really beautifully presented. The kitchen was large and the master had its own ensuite. This property had no pool/ spa, but allowed use of the other resort ( Hilltop) which was fantastic. Although our apartment was near the road, there was no noise at all. Our checkin lady ( Amy) was delightful, helpful as was her trainee lady at front desk. ( We mistakenly arrived too early for check in, but as room was ready, she allowed us into our room) Fabulous, thank you :-)

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Sliding door was difficult, 2nd bedroom was hot. Only had place settings for 6 even though it was two bedroom. So we had to wash dishes often- need at least 8. Still a great value!

It is a great value for the money. We did not use any of the amenities, so can not rate them. All staff was smiling and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The bedroom was too small. No room for luggage

The kitchen was well stocked. Having more than one room was nice. Good location for walking to restaurants and grocery stores.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The lobby is little outdated but still clean.

There was lots of space in the room and nice rustic decorations. A close shuttle ride to the main town (which was also free). Great stay!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

A pool was advertised, but we had to drive to it. The kitchen sink backed up and there was an odor in the room after it was fixed. There was no broom or dust pan available to clean up the dirt/sewage left behind.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed wasn't great, needs to be replaced. Bathroom fan didn't seem to be working.

Living room & kitchen, plus 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms. Game room upstairs and free DVDs to borrow from the front desk. Shuttle was convenient to the slopes, and this location is also close to the free city bus line to bring you downtown, etc.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed when I tried using the offered Genius perks. It appeared that I could request late checkout. After requesting this, I received the automatic prompt that I would receive an email from the property within 48 hours. Not only did I not receive an email, when I asked the staff at the hotel about my request, they said that they never received the request. I'm not sure if the error was with Booking.com or with Legacy Vacation Club. Additionally, something was wrong with the door into our room. The door was ajar when we arrived and it was very challenging to close it completely. Based on the paint covering the indentation where it appeared as though the door had been pried open, this did not look like a new problem.

The bed was very comfortable and when the bedroom door was closed, noise from the living room was extremely quiet.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Kitchen was a dump - reminded me of the kitchen of my college apartment.

Good location. Shuttle was SUPER convenient. Needs some updating but good TV in living space and bedroom.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

On my last night people upstairs decided to have sex all night long. The bed squeaking was very loud as were there voices. Kept waking me up. Room was not soundproof!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Could have the kitchen stocked a bit better with more silverware, plates and one more cooking pan. We brought/bought food for meals but didn't think to buy salt and pepper shakers. Don't realize how much you use them till you don't have them!

Staff was super friendly, helpful, awesome clean facility. Nice to have something close to the mountain that was priced right where we could settle in and feel right at home for 3 nights - and have home cooked meals.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

It wasn't nearly as nice as the pictures portrayed. It was simply a rehabbed apartment building not a condo. It was noisy. Heard a fan running constantly from another unit. No elevator meant we had to haul everything up 3 flights of stairs. Not good when you have a bad back. No workout room on site was a huge disappointment. Way overpriced! Would definitely not recommend nor will write stay here again.

Location was great

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

No elavator - three stories! The chairs in the living room were extremely uncomfortable. They seem best suited for outside patio furniture.

Great location! Shuttle drivers were prompt & professional.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact they wouldn't help me out with my truck saying they had no extension cord and pulled one right out to vacuum there floors of course.

They had one nice tv.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately the front desk staff were undertrained and could not answer a single question without calling the manager at the Hilltop location. The rooms are really dark and the beds are not comfortable.

Clean rooms and friendly staff.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Family room furniture could have been a bit more comfortable, but rooms were very clean and nice.

Great location with quick and convenient shuttle service, but also very close to the bus line. Reasonable rates and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Needs a good frying pan - nonstick coating to be supplied. Cooking eggs was a little difficult.

The property isn't too far from the downtown area of Steamboat. Condo is a little dated, but very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Not even enough furniture to seat occupancy and furniture cheap; very uncomfortable. Pull out from 1970's. Kitchen so poorly equipped could not cook for occupancy. Only enough dishes for one meal. Had to run washer 3x day just so could eat.

the location was ok

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Only issue was the bed was uncomfortable, and the extra charge when checking out that was not mentioned during booking.

Great area, and worth the low price

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Our front desk assistant who checked us in. Gave us room keys to a room already occupied!!! So we go to unlock what we think is our suite w our bags. And the guest was so freaked out she had a knife out. A little scary when you have kids with you

Walking distance to grocery. 2 bedrooms! Kichenette

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The place is falling apart and has unsafe areas blocked with 2x4's. Our shower head flew off and when I told the staff about it I was treated like an idiot.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

It was certainly suitable for our needs and standards travelling with a small child - but those expecting "luxury" would be disappointed. Still can't beat the deal for a large, clean, convenient stay!

For less than the price of a double queen room we got a full 2 bdrm/2 bath with kitchen, living room and dining room! Great location with several conveniences within walking distance, and free town shuttle just across the street! Staff were excellent and friendly and there's guest laundry and several other bonuses!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Outside stairs and hallways were needing attention. Third floor hauling heavy cooler and luggage was not fun. Installation of an elevator would huge.

Bed was good, room was clean and because it had a living room and kitchen we enjoyed the space.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking lot was completely full by 9pm on a Saturday night. One of the employees had to move their vehicle just so I could park.

Room was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything! If you had a higher rating than 10, I would give it. Front office staff members were particularly helpful upon check-in when it was discovered that I had mistakenly booked our resv. at Suites instead of Hilltop where we had other family members staying. The switch was made seamlessly so that we were accommodated graciously. Thank you so much for a superlative experience. I would come back to Steamboat just to stay at your property!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We were happy with everything.

Great value! Lovely actual apartment, with 2 full bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a living room, a dining area and a full kitchen. Great place to hang out with friends!

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Hidden fees and deposits that take 3 to 5 days to return and the fact they charged my account weeks in advanced when it was only to be for hoding. This should all have been in writing up front but was all hidden in the end

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Security deposit charged to credit card at start. Need to wait 5 days for recruit of account.

Great facilities for the money. Close to ski slopes in winter. Good resteraunt around

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

There was no housekeeping service. If you ran out of anything you had to buy it, whether it was shampoo or paper towels, you had to buy them considering it cost more than $200 per night, I think they could have provided those items for free.

There was a lot of room. We had a two bedroom and only needed one.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Although mostly clean, the unit was old, lights were dim and carpet had stains and showed wear.

The unit was clean from the kitchen, to the living room, bathrooms and bedrooms.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The outside of the property needs to be better maintained. The outside appearance did not reflect how nice the rooms really are.

The size and layout was perfect for a family of 6. Beds were very comfortable. Room was really clean. Staff was great.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Old appliances such as,mfridge, sofa bed, carpet, Windows, overall I would say needs updating the place. Also, two washer for the entire comp,ex is not enough.

Location was good,

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

No air condition in every room. It gets a bit warm in the afternoon and early evening. Living Room sofa bed is not comfortable with falling springs.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Could have been cleaner. Living room didn't have enough furniture to accommodate our group of four (only one couch). We couldn't socialize in the room.

Location was good. Size of rooms and number of bathrooms was good.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable, big rooms, very nice.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Your staff has VERY POOR communication and we lost $430.00 because your staff can't communicate properly.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

It’s an older property but suite was great enjoyed it.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Tesla charger rught outside the unit.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I love the kitchen plus the play center

a little out dated

clean

NA

NA

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

was expecting two single beds in one of the rooms there was only one queen

overall everything was good, place was nice a roomy

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Great value for money in convenient location

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

it's just okay, not luxury, but basic amenities

the location was good and the shuttle service was excellent, even though we had a car we used it

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Decor and condition very dated.

Self catering and close to supermarket. Prompt shuttle.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Sorry, didn't look like they cleaned it in years

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed is not comfortable, blinds does not block the sunlight so it wakes you up the second sun rises, extra shampoo and conditioner is $1?!

Distance from downtown

the comforts of home

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The chlorine and chemicals in the pool /hot tub ruined our brand new swim wear it was so strong. Bleached it out so bad 😩

Full kitchen

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Sheets were not clean, mattress was old. Neighbors had sex most of the night

Not much

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Was perfect for our soccer weekend.