Reviews of Cabot Inn & Suites This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

200 Portland Street, Lancaster, NH 03584, United States of America

#2 of 3 hotels in Lancaster

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

We made the best of it. The location was great. However we won’t be recommending to others.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

We waited at the empty front desk for 15 minutes when we got there. The attendant showed up, began checking us in and only had rooms across the street for us. So we had to get back in the car and go across the street. Mind you I just had surgery and I’m on crutches. The place advertised an elevator and that must only be in the main building because the attendant put us on the second floor across the street and I had to negotiate a rickety set of steps on crutches. Oh and don’t lean on the railing because it’s only there for show! We had a screaming child next to us on night one and a family with rowdy children on night two—who didn’t sleep so neither did anyone else. The property didn’t do anything about it; and because of the age and construction of the building there was virtually no insulation from the noise. The coverings on the bed were not completely clean and there were very minimal amounts of towels for bath use. Oh and they require you to pay for your stay up front at check-in. So make sure you’re prepared for that too.

The views were very nice.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Needs upgrading, but we made it work.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Rooms need upgrading, lights flickering on the lamps, along with the pool was too cold too want to use it, alot of green algee along the edges, not relaxing. I'm sure 20 years ago this location was very popular.

Property was nice, beautiful views. Location is ideal for nearby attractions.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

I like the fact that if there happens to be an issue that...
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

This was the 3rd time staying at Cabot Inn in the same room but something has definitely gone wrong with the mattress on the bed. I did voice my concerns with the desk person and they did have the mattress flipped it helped a little. Hopefully it will be replaced by time we stay again.

I like the fact that if there happens to be an issue that the staff rectifies it very quickly. I will definitely stay again as for the value, the scenery and convenience of the location it is ideal for our stay. At checkout we where informed that there is a new program in place that if you go thru their website and rebook there is a discount for repeat guests so am looking forward to that next time.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

The staff was wonderful and very helpful with all of my...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

The pool was freezing cold and had a funny smell.....there was mold around the edge of the pool also. My room smelled a little musty and the beds were very uncomfortable.

The staff was wonderful and very helpful with all of my questions. My son loved that they had a game room that he could play in.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Close proximity to Santa’s Village.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Carpet was sticky in our room, crumbs and dust on the coffee maker tray, bathroom light was very very dim, stray hairs still in the tub, very little water pressure/crusty looking shower head, breakfast area was very dated/carpet was coming up at the enterance (I stumbled on it upon entering).

Close proximity to Santa’s Village. Breakfast options weren’t horrible, had yogurt/waffles/toast/bagels/sausage&egss for sandwiches/juices/cereal. Beds were good, staff was very nice. Views of the mountains were amazing! My son loved playing at the little playground they had.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Average. We only slept here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Our shower, actually whole bathroom was pretty bad. The pool area needed a major rehab. The water was freezing, mold on side, no railings. Not my cup of tea.

Nice view, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

Call board of health and stop your relationship with this hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Smelt-first room we checked into smelled like someone smoked 2 packs before we got there. That mixed w a moldy smell-nasty. Sorry I know you get what you pay for and we went for cheap (bc let’s face it Santa’s village and all attractions are not) but this was so gross. Beds were so hard that 2 days later my back is killing me! Queen size bed which was big enough w only 3 pilowas. Not even sure if we got qualifies as a pillow? Bathroom just smelled bad even from first opening the door. Bfast-some Sage choices: cereal, yogurt, bread/bagel/s muffins. Waffle maker was fine. Eggs were the oval ones you just reheat and sausage was not recognizable in taste. Looked like it-but didn’t taste like it. Coffee was fine but not refilled often. If you want iced coffee, bring a cup of ice from your room to make one. I asked for ice and was told it was around the corner in the ice vending area. Pool-someone call BOH on these people. Mold all over the white pipes. Stained yellow Stairs. Nasty. Tough to tell kids 9 and 10-no yoj cant swim, but we had to After a few minutes looking around. FRIGID pool and a hot tub that only 2 jets worked. 5 person limit so if more fhan 2 guests in at a time-you weren’t getting in. Once you did get in, the water was so low unless you laid Flat across, you weren’t getting any hot water. Or should I saw warm? Place was so so so steamy, I thought there was a sauna-but nope just gross and uncomfortable to sit in. WiFi-non existent. Had to use it for work, even on vacation. So this was a necessity not a luxury. Would love nothing more than to have an unplugged vacation, but needed it. We were downstairs and no WiFi even picked up. Moved to the lobby and there was some. We changed rooms and it was better but still dropped off. Normally you wouldn’t mind-but this place Iabsled a business center!!! The manager showed me An app on his phone w the current speeds and told me it was my device. Ummm ok but no.

The only thing that was good was the view in the backyard. BUT-it’s a mountain so you Can get that from 1 of 100 places that line up the road. That said-if Santa’s village is what you want, it leas than a 2 min drive.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

We will be back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

We were expecting the restaurant to be open but it was under construction. Would have liked a little notice about that.

The pool was refreshing. The bed was comfy. Liked the fresh air through the window. Didn’t feel like we were stuck inside.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Loved the peacefulness even though there where alot of small...
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

Loved the peacefulness even though there where alot of small children staying here you really couldn't hear them. The complementary breakfast was very good and staff kept everything well stocked. This was our 2nd stay and we will stay again soon.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Pleasant, all in all.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Awful pillows on the bed.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Super nearby Santa's Village which was great after a long day of riding rides and walking around with the kiddos.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Great view.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Shower was cold could not get hot water. Continental breakfast wasn’t the best. Stale cereal and no selection.

Great view. Awesome staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

We always stay here when we are visiting Santa's Village. Great value for families!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

When you stay in the extended building, you have to cross the highway to get to the main hotel, there should be a pedestrian cross light, or at least a crosswalk...

Great Location, the weather was cool, so the indoor pool was just what we needed to keep the kids busy...

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Excellent stay!

Everything was great

The hotel staff were very accommodating. We were there for a funeral and they accommodated my family with a special room to gather at no additional cost.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

very cozy room and the mountain view was awesome will probably stay agian when back in town
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

at first had problem with the sink needed 2 hands to turn on the water but left a note at the front desk on our way out the second day and when we came back at 9 pm the problem was resolved

the bed was super comfortable and was pleased with the amount of lights in the room made it bright and cheery in the evening. really like how the staff took care of a small problem with the room they where quick and effecient

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

If we are back in the area, we will probably seek another hotel.
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

The physical facilities are tired; need major make over. 15 years ago you had a full breakfast menu; the current set up was a disappointment.

Location Staff: they came out to the parking lot with the cell phone that we left behind. Most appreciated.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Not the best stay
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

The breakfast that was included was very scarce. It was not presented in an appetizing way and there were very few options. The dining hall was not sanitary to my standards. The pool room smelled like cigarette smoke and must, so I did not end up using the pool for leisure. The room did not include a microwave, so food had to be heated in the main lobby, which was not ideal.

The king size bed was nice and the view was beautiful.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Great place to stay and Play convenient to Santa's Village.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Motor Inn accommodates large # of people. Staff could have been more attentive to breakfast items and coffee replenishments. Items went quickly & were often out. Pool towels were easily available in the main lobby, but rack was often empty for long periods of time. Was looking for Christmas tree farm recommendations and things to do in area and staff wasn't that knowledgeable of the area. Pool was quite chilly for being a heated pool. Last year there was a local restaurant that occupied an area at the motor inn. Unfortunately they have closed since.

This is our 3rd year staying as it's super convenient to Santa's Village. While not a chain hotel it provides basic comfort and needs fro traveling family. Staff was very helpful answering questions. Breakfast Provided was perfect for kids, adults alike. Coffee tea microwave available at all times. Pool is quite large accommodates number of people without feeling crowded. Backyard playground and land perfect for kids and running around-view gorgeous We rented one of the suites with a kitchenette. Perfect way to save money without eating out. Kids/Adults able to spend more time at the pool with friends & family

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Perfect of stay and play
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Much needed attentiveness to keeping coffee/ breakfast items/paper goods/pool towels supplied..demand extremely high with full hotel.

Convenient location to Santas Village. Dated motor inn that could stand some renovations. Continental breakfast supplied perfect for families. Pool perfect Main building

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Never would stay at that hotel again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Dirty towel in our bathroom everything was aged. People smoking outside our room pot and cigarettes. Far away from everyhing. Pool deck super slippery our daughter cracked her head walking around.

The restaurant down the road

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

It was terrible and I’ve stayed at some dives . These shouldn’t be rented 4 the price we paid !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Pics for outside rooms is not accurate . It’s a building across the street, space heaters in the room for heat , ceiling falling down., no coffee maker or things they tell u that they have. No extra blankets . Woman at the desk was not very helpful and very rude !!

The location to Santas village.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

The view and quiet are really nice.
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

Rooms need better cleaning, corners, mattress sheet, vacuum room every day and under toilet rim. The breakfast room needs cleaning, tables & chairs (not just the seats), and garbage emptied every day.

The view and quiet are really nice. The furniture in the rooms is new and nice. Breakfast coffee is good.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

The staff keeping there eyes off my wife when we were in the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

The staff keeping there eyes off my wife when we were in the pool. Did to alot of the other guests as well. Made my wife feel very uncomfortsble so we left. Change that and it would be better place.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Good location and price but could use an update.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

While this hotel is a good price, it needs an update. Remove the carpet and the terrible bed covers that old hotels use and don't clean regularly. Instead replace with the more modern practice of washable duvets on beds and clean tiling on floors. Breakfast is serviceable but please use paper goods and not styrophome.

Great pool, sauna and hot tub and in a good location in White Mountains (near all leaf viewing routes).

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

It was ok , but we would probably try some where else next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Breakfast was disappointing compared to the pictures on line , and the coffee was not hot as it could be.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool was good and the location was ok.

Food was OK.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The bathroom smelled stale/moldy. A book with local eateries would have been helpful. Need vending machines in the hotel other than just drinks.

Food was OK. Variety every day would have been better.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

The stay was overall satisfactory.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Hot tub in pool area broken, a big disappointment! Coffee pot in our room broken. It was replaced after the first night. The beds were to hard for my liking.

views, staff, room

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

Good value easy to acces modern motel

Breakfast was minimal continental

Rooms very spacious and comfortable. Property suited us well as a base for autumn leaf peeping for a few days. We have stayed here before as the room rate is good for a property of this age and condition

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Overall, I was very pleased. I got what I paid for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Outdated;bathroom tiny. No microwave. Outdoor light by the door didn't work.

I liked that a continental breakfast was included with the price. I liked the fridge in the room. I loved the view of the mountains from the room. The price was great. I liked the iron, ironing board and blow dryer. It was clean for being a very outdated room.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

A bad memory and a loss of money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Very disappointing: 1) unprofessional staff at the reception; 2) noise of the ice machine all night long; 3) horrible view (DESPITE HAVING PAID FOR A MOUNTAIN VIEW) 4) the pizza box left in the fridge.

Nothing in particular. The room was big but with a horrible view on a storage building at the back of the hotel.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Never again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Mattress.. Noisy air unit. Very low water pressure. Old old old. Breakfast was very poor. Waffles were the only fresh option. All else was from a package. Sausage and eggs were horrible. There was mold in the ceiling of our bathroom

Parking and wi fi.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

never again do yourshelf a faver book another hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Was the dirtiest place we ever stayed (REALY) so dirty we didn't even want to take our shoes off or take a shower we would of found another motel if it wasn't so late no heat in the room they gave us a little 4 in. heater that was full of dust and dirt not good at all

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Not a good value for travelers.

See above.

Very a spartan room. No coffee maker; only 1 chair (2people); no desk or table. Mini fridge sits on floor. No breakfast; no ice. IMHO is overpriced. NOT RECOMMENDED!

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Beware!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Beware! Do not stay at this hotel if the room is listed as "exterior room". It means that you stay in a room in a building across the street from the hotel! It is a dump - a run down motel lodge with dark, rooms that smell. Since I had stayed here before (in the main hotel) I didn't think twice to book it again - not realizing that the booking stated "exterior room". I thought that it meant that the room faced the parking lot - not a room across the street! It was gross. They need to let you know that you are staying in a dark, dingy motel room - completely separate from the hotel when you book it. Interesting - where are fotos on line of these exterior rooms? Needless to say, I demanded a refund.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

They finally accommodated us in the main building for the seven days.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

When we got there we were told we would have to stay across the highway and walk over highway route#3 for breakfast. We wanted to stay in main building and not have to cross route #3. They told us they were book for our last of two day stay for a wedding. Later we were told they had two cancelled revelations, we could stay all days.and not have to cross highway #3.

First day breakfast was poor, it got better each day.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Affordable and great location if you are going to Santas Village.

See above

Breakfast was not great, but adequate. Hotel was clean but smelled funny. No pool towels readily available. Nice grounds, lovely view. My daughter enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Food lukewarm, Room, dreary ,& very dark, similar to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Food lukewarm, Room, dreary ,& very dark, similar to hallways. Bed very noisy. No restaurant on site and only (3) in town, doughnut shop, pizzeria, & Irish pub, choice of food very limited. This is an excellent place for(4) wheelers, with trailers there is ample room to park.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2017

Comfortable and clean, a little outdated but still good.
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

Went to that location to play golf at Waumbec golf course, very disappointing by the way. The hotel is situated very near Santa's Village, so there was many kids running around at the hotel, very understanding being so close to the attractions. But everything else was O.K.

Breakfast was very good for a continental.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

The view of mountain range behind building.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Bed could have been more comfortable felt like mattress was worn out and needs to be replaced. Need ice machine on third floor. Room was at front of facility and at night due to privacy curtain not being able to close room was rather bright due to exterior lighting.

The view of mountain range behind building. Would recommend requesting rear room to take advantage of this view.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

We came here to visit Santa's Village with kids and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

We came here to visit Santa's Village with kids and stayed at Cabot Inn based on reviews. The good: the kids loved the indoor pool. The mediocre : everything else. From the smell of the room (possibly a former smoking room?) to the stained bathroom ceiling to the foam pillows to the bare bones buffet breakfast. Granted, it wasn't expensive, but for a total of $110 I expected better.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Glad we only booked one night's stay. The photosyou display on line are very deceiving.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The facility we stayed at across from the main building was very run down and dreary...not what we expected. We were not given a choice to stay when reservations were made months in advance. Had we been, we would not have selected where we were placed. In addition, we requested a crib for the room and were told on day of arrival there were none available. When phoning in advance, we were NOT told a request for a crib was not a guarantee. We ended up getting a pack and play which was sufficed but patrons should be aware that their request may not be granted! We will NOT return to this facility.

Close to Santa's Village

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Had a bad smell in the room that was covered up with a very...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Had a bad smell in the room that was covered up with a very strong spray, rooms weren't to clean, first floor lobby bathroom had a very strong mold smell

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

The location was great, I think the breakfast could have...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The room could have had a microwave so people could bring coffee to heat up before they went over for breakfast. The room could be updated a little. We like to get DD coffee and then heat it up when we get up in the morning.

The location was great, I think the breakfast could have been better. the eggs and sausages were not even hot. The coffee wasn't that hot.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Great location and pool is great but the rooms need a major makeover and upgrading
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Shower pressure was horrible. Water came out like a trickle and tub did not drain!! Also, plug in vanity sink did not work and beds were extremely squeaky:(

Good size rooms. Family friendly. Close to Santas Village

• Reviewed: August 17, 2017

It was great. Thank you

Everything was great

Great breakfast. Great room. Clean. Staff very nice and courteous. Great area. 5min to santas village. Indoor pool very nice. Game room. Exercise room. Play area outside for kids. Very nice place

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Happy to find a room in a busy tourist area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The room could use a little reno work . But for the price in that area I may be asking too much ?

The beds were clean and comfy.Every thing in the room functioned .The breakfast set up was organized and tidy. The staff were all polite and helpful. I would stay there again .

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

Though the hotel had menus for pizza delivery, the place no...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Saturday breakfast buffet was not all out when it was supposed to be

Though the hotel had menus for pizza delivery, the place no longer delivers. With a twenty-five foot atv trailer, there was nowhere nearby to park and get food. We were left with no dinner.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

24hr coffee/tea in lobby!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

pool could use some maintenance/upkeep

24hr coffee/tea in lobby! Fridge in rm very practical Large pool (indoor) but very cold water Breakfast included - Food adequate, Breakfast room really nice and sunny

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Not staying here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

We got to the hotel at about 8:10pm. I was told we had been upgraded for free to a room in the main hotel. Our room smelled. I thought it smelled like old cigarette smoke. My husband also said it smelled but to him it just smelled weird. The room was supposedly a non smoking room. I decided not to say anything because we had our young children with us and wanted to get them into bed. When I got into bed I found that the side I was laying on was VERY worn down. Felt like I was laying in a shallow bowl. Horribly uncomfortable and the bed squeaked and groaned with every movement. My husband switched sides with me and also complained about the worn down mattress. I noticed the opposite side was a little better but was still noisy. The air conditioner was loud as well but at least it kept the room cool. Between the noisy uncomfortable bed, loud ac, and smell of the room I will never stay there again.

It was a six minute drive from Santa's Village. The staff were nice.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Great value but room and towels could be a little cleaner.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Coffee was not strong enough and eggs tasted like from powder. Room was little dusty and rug didn't seem very clean. Some towels looked stained and had strands of hair not from us. A side of the pool needed repair.

towels and bedding always replaced or made up. Room was spacious. Pool was decent size.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

CABOT INN & SUITES
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

IT'S A NEAT AND CLEAN PLACE, BUT IF YOU'RE EXPECTING A REAL 4 STAR RESORT, YOU MAY NOT FIND THAT, BUT AS I SAID, IT'S CLEAN, NEAT, BUT IT'S DATED, COULD USE SOME UPGRADING, BUT I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN. AND THE STAFF WAS GREAT !

NICE POOL AND JACUZZI, GREAT STAFF, GREAT LOCATION, JUST A SHORT DRIVE BETWEEN EVENTS AND ATTRACTIONS,,

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

The room we stayed in smelled really bad like smoke!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The room we stayed in smelled really bad like smoke! The room itself was very old and gross. The rug needed vacuuming. When we got there we had to have them change the sheets on the bed because of what looked like blood stains. The chair in the room was broken and the cushions where stained. I just felt very gross while staying here. Probably wouldn't ever go back.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Beds were a good size.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Attached restaurant closed indefinitely. Bathroom fixtures dated. WiFi not working.

Beds were a good size. Front desk staff very helpful. Location was very handy.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Not impressed
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Could get a room with mountain views even though hotel wasn't busy when we got there. Asked for a room with the view and was told we did which was not correct.

Nice view of mountains behind

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The room wasnt very well cleaned when we got there, cigarette ashes were found in room which was suppose to be a non-smoking one. housecleaning came and pooped in our bathroom, and left it. They also only made one bed and didn't completely refill towel rack so we were short towels. Paint bubbled in bathroom with water from room above which smelled like pee.

It was close to Santas village and the price was good

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

Great Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The pool could of been a little warmer.

The location was great just down the road from Santa's Village. The continental breakfast had a lot of things to choose from.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Meh
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Website was not a secure site. Very outdated decor. Carpeting didn't seem clean at all. Had been vacuumed ok but given how old it appeared, wondering if it had been cleaned Free "breakfast". Coffee, juice machine,.mini muffins. Not what I would call breakfast. Better description would be "coffee, juice and muffins"

Front desk staff were friendly

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

3.0
    Ask for the main building for rooms. They they may be better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The room was in the old part of the establishment across the street. Outside building. No updates, ever! Breakfast, included in rate was poorly done with very few choices. You had to cross a very busy street to use the pool, exercise room and breakfast if you were inclined to do so. The room I was in had carpenter ants in the bathroom. Because of a long ride and late check in, I spent the night, after speaking with the manager who I felt was not being at all symphatic to my complaints. I checked out first thing in the morning, the manager was a bit more gracious then and for good measure, I presented him to the now dead carpenter ants.

I was horrified when I saw the building and room.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

Excellent amenities, but breakfast could've been better.....
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

coffee wasn't always fresh and available, the breakfast could've been kept up better, had to wait about 15 minutes for someone to come to the desk for us to check in

loved the indoor pool, the gorgeous views of the mountains, close to Santa's Village, Lancaster House of Pizza is really yummy.....

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Okay for a last resort but there's much better in the area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Smelled, trashy, very unorganized breakfast, 65 people fighting over 6 eggs and 6 sausage patties.

Price was ok, turns out there were MUCH better facilities nearby that were actually cheaper without using booking.com

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Great value, spacious rooms
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

It was a bit noisy- lots of little pee wee hockey folks Smoke alarm began chirping at 6am!!! Heater was REALLY loud, finally had to shut if off.

View was lovely. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2017

Not a bad place to stay at stay there again very good views and if your snowmobile it's right on the
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

If your snowmobiling it's awesome right on the trail

The breakfast had like powdered eggs the location was fabulous it was right on the snowmobile trail. Video machines rip you off be careful of them

• Reviewed: January 31, 2017

Would stay another time -
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

The hotel mentioned they had a restaurant onsite and we found they did not. This was an inconvenience for us as there are only 2 pizza places and an Irish pub which to dine. Therefore having to go out and locate somewhere to eat was a slight uncomforted. having a restaurant onsite would be a benefit. After being out all day, when you return to your hotel you just typically want to grab a bite and wind down, also the shower pressure was a little bit weak.

Laura was at the desk when we checked in she was very polite and profession, she gave us some information on where to go in the area, where the pool and gym was located and directions on where to find our room. She told us if we needed anything that she would be there until 10:30 just to let her know, she was very pleasant both nights that we were there. We came into the area to attend an event and were not familiar with the town or the surroundings, The room was very clean and spacious, although we did not use the pool we did walk down to check it out just in case we came back as well as the gym. Housekeeping left us the information on where to find the filters for the coffee maker that was in the room --- Provided you get another restaurant inside the hotel we would be returning.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2017

Nice family accommodations close to Santa's Village
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Water in the pool was too cold. The kids were shivering after a few minutes. The hot tub didn't seem very clean. Towels were located in the lobby, not the pool area which is a big inconvenience when you have small children.

Rooms in the main building were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

Goid hotel,good price
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

The water pressur was bad,the indoor pool was was pretty cold,(but my 3 boys didn't seem to mind they swam for hours),the breakfast could be better but it's free so I wasn't expecting much(go to grandmas kitchen for breakfast about 10 minute drive it was cheap and delicious) ,there is an other part of the hotel that looks like a motel across the street that they do not mention on website, after reading some reviews I requested to stay in main hotel,and we had a great time,I did feel bad for the people across the road with kids going to the pool,it was new years eve and cold.

After reading some reviews I was pleasantly suprised, The hotel was nice and clean,the beds were comfotable,and a great price,with beautiful views,there was snow on the ground and we went sledding during the day,the staff was very nice,and very convenient since we were going to santas village,there was a restaurant/bar in the hotel the food was amazing( I heard they may be closing,but I hope not we had a great meal and the staff was great too)we will definitely go back!we are already planning to go next new years eve and maybe even in the summer!

• Reviewed: December 25, 2016

Service was great all around but bed was hard and uncomfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

The bed was quite hard making our nights sleep uncomfortable

Zeno at guest services did a wonderful job to make sure our stay was pleasant and satisfying.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2016

Beautiful view and convenient location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Unruly, aggressive patrons at the Whiskey Barrel connected to the hotel who harassed my family when they tried to play pool. Seems like the locals have claimed this as their hangout and don't like the hotel guests visiting the restaurant/bar.

Beautiful view and convenient location. Friendly front desk at check in and check out.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2016

I wish we had just driven home after Santa's Village rather than staying here
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

The heat was not working in our room, which became pretty miserable when it dropped to single digits overnight with our poorly-sealed door leading directly outside. The WiFi was down for our entire stay. Absolutely no warning at booking that we were being stuck in a room in the outdated, converted motor inn property across the street. Not a room in the actual hotel where the pool, fitness center, breakfast, and front desk are located. Extremely misleading. We will definitely not be staying here next time we visit Santa's Village.

Close to Santa's Village. Room seemed clean.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2016

Diappointed stay once again....
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

We have been staying at Cabot Inn and Suites for the past few years due to the location to Santa's Village and every year it seems as though the accommodations have deteriorated. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and we neefed to clean all surfaces, ask for additional towels, and contact management for the ongoing beeping of the smoke alarm and dripping kitchen faucet. It's humorous that these were the same issued we had last year when we stayed and told management. The rooms need to be updated and need a cleaning and re-paint the ceilings. Vacuum under the furniture not just around. The kitchen needs a through cleaning with bleach. The stove hasn't been cleaned in years. Thank goodness we bring our own paper plates and utensils because there isn't a complete set. Disappointed but I guess this is what you pay for. Ownership/management needs to renovate areas of the rooms and the facilities if they want repeat customers. This was our last stay

The distance to Santa's Village was good.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

The front counter staff were very pleasant and courteous, as...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

The room was very dusty. We had to cross the highway to get to the dining area. The maid left an envelope for a tip, I left her or him a message. If they want a tip please clean the room properly. It was the only hotel/motel that we stayed in that actually left the tip envelope.

The front counter staff were very pleasant and courteous, as were the dining room staff.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2016

Disappointing stay @ Cabot Inn
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

The room. Bathroom smelled really bad. Water stains on ceiling; believe there is mold in there. Had to keep bathroom door closed to be able to stand being in the room. Very few people in hotel, not sure why they put us in the basement level.

The location was ideal for our visit to Lancaster for a funeral.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

We stay here 2x a year and are ways happy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

Comfy, clean rooms. Breakfast is always great. Great location for a Santas village trip

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

The breakfast was decent but missing bacon.
    • Standard King Room - Main Building

The bed was springy not that comfortable

The breakfast was decent but missing bacon. Staff pkeadant and helpful

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Breakfast too early to attend

Breakfast too early to attend

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Very pleasant stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Exterior building

Nothing to do with the motel, but eating out options nearby are very limited.

The motel is excellent.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Overall a pretty good stay for the money.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Main Building

More hot items for breakfast. Hot tub too small and working poorly.

Room was great for the price. Location was good.