Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego-East/El Cajon 2 stars

683 North Mollison Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92021, USA

#3 of 15 hotels in El Cajon

Large clean rooms.

There was a large knick in the shower floor that was pretty deep and hurt your feet. If they fixed that the room would be perfect.

Large clean rooms. Quiet facilities. Comfortable beds. Great for families on a budget. We will stay here again.

Location convenient but loud and not too clean.

Very loud traffic from I-8 even with window closed. Carpet filthy and stained. Alarm clock and TV don't work. Surfaces (tables, counter tops) not clean.

Bathroom is clean. Convenient location on/off I-8 for travelers. Work desk. Wi-Fi good.

I have returned repeatedly.

Breakfast - Eggs are only made with cheese. Sausage is often cool to look warm Room - some of the microwaves are simply old and don't function well. Pool isn't heated. Jacuzzi area is dirty and the water does not appear to clean. Companies that advertise rooms are misleading and inaccurate, offering rooms at lower rates then hiking the price up significantly.

Staff - exceeds expectations with every visit. Friendly and helpful from the front desk to the cleaning personel. I have never had any reason to complain for any reason. I have notice it's common to have t.v's on a timer. I have found it is beyond irritating to have the the t.v. shutoff automatically during a program. However, this isn't true at this location.

I dont think there was one thing i liked about it.

Crackheads everywhere. Really noisy. Couldnt get any rest.comfortably since crowds of crackheads surround the parking lot. Would of been ok if i didnt have family.not family friendly

I dont think there was one thing i liked about it.

It was sufficient by myself but if I'd had my wife along, well you know...

Overall property could use serious cleaning. Pool area was well maintained.

Room ok for cleanliness but Anthony Melchiorri would have been unhappy. Bed was excellent!

very nice and would stay again.
    • King Room - Smoking

The pool hours should be later, at least for adults. It would be nice to sit in the jacuzzi later that 9pm, especially when you don't return from your daily activities till around 10pm.

Nice room,comfortable bed, great location close to shopping and right off the highway.

The staff was friendly the room at first glance was cute. Liked the extra space, could use cleaning.

The pillows had blood stains and the comforter was stained. Smelt kind of like dogs in the room.

The night staff that checked us in was really friendly.

Was manageable.

Walls are way to thin, can hear right through them. After a long day at the beach, we came back and our bathroom smelled of weed after having been cleaned. My towel had hair all over it, as if already used.

Very good bargain for the price.

There was a hair in the bathroom sink, I felt the whole bathroom could have been cleaner. The rug on the floor needs to be cleaned.

It was quiet at night, slept well, comfortable bed, good breakfast included

It was a bed to sleep in but facilities needed work.

Bathtub drain plug didn’t work, microwave turntable didn’t work and was difficult to use, refrigerator temperature control was broken.

Bed was comfortable

Not clean.

Pillows quality, mattress quality. Not so clean

Not clean. You have to pay attention to clean the floor and the beds. I found 2 dead insects and one fly small insect in the room

Shower got warm fast and flow at shower head was good.

Sink had no stopper. Water flow at sink was only a trickle... Took a lot of wasted water to get it hot at the sink. TV did not work right, even after I called office and help arrived. There were two TV controls and the office person did not know how to make them work properly. The TV constantly turned off on its own and it was hard to get it back on.... Room was situated about 50 years from parking area. I had to make about 4 round trips with my things, both coming and going. (Was a 3-day stay).

Shower got warm fast and flow at shower head was good. Bed was comfortable...

Very quiet and restful stay.

A/C takes awhile to cool room. Coffee maker in room did not function. Check in 3:00pm but housekeeping in room till 3:35pm.

Easy freeway access. Rooms just like ad photos.

Very pleasant and cooperative staff.

No heated swimming pool.

The staff were well beyond courteous, extremely helpful and went way beyond what more extravagant motels/hotels provide. Although it is not in the upper rent district, we felt very safe here. The breakfast was what we expected and were not disappointed. We would definitely stay here again.

It was another good stay, and I'll be back.

There was warm water in the shower, but not in the sink. They had forgotten to put out tissues, until I asked. The coffee pot would brew but not into the pot. That was just weird.

Staff were friendly and helpful when I needed things, like help with the wi-fi, and printing me out a TV guide.

Front desk staff was very nice and accommodating.

Front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. Although the breakfast was not the greatet it was nice if you needed something quick. If anyone wants suggestions on where to eat nearby, GO TO CILANTROS!!!! It was soooooooo good!

Clean and comfy beds

They did not have our Booking.com reservation, but were able to get us a room and save me $10.00, so it actually worked out. Some loud early risers in hotel room near us...but not hotels fault. Other than that no problems. Had a nice stay.

Clean and comfy beds. Convenient location, plenty of parking. Hardwood floors, no carpet! Good breakfast with eggs and sausage, wish there was a waffle maker though. :)

It was relaxing.
    • King Room - Smoking

While my boyfriend and I were sleeping, the maid knocked on the door, we announced ourselves to let her know we were there and she used her card key to come in still.

The breakfast was nice. I loved the view of the pool. It was a very comfortable stay.

Friendly, helpful staff with excellent customer service skills!
    • King Room - Smoking

It was just what I needed and at a great price and location.

I was only visiting the area for early morning medical appointments and it was exactly as described and just what I needed. Super helpful staff! I would stay there again if I ever need to.

A reasonable clean & comfortable centrally located to local tourist sites.

Handicap ramp to office was steep. Had requested ground floor due to handicap issues but one had not been held so I had to be wrestled up to second floor. Clerk gave us directions to onsite laundry, and sold us laundry detergent in office, but forgot to mention dryer was out of order. Wet clothes had to be transported to private laundry to be dried. No usb charging ports were installed in room or via fixtures during remodel..

Extremely clean and comfortable; appears recently upgraded and remodeled with new everything in rooms. Check in was amazingly quick and easy. On site laundry Relatively fast wifi Centrally located to most of San Diego's tourist sites (10-15 min drive) without breaking the budget. Right off Highway 8 past Highway 5 connection.

I booked room and got a smoking room did not want a smoking...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I booked room and got a smoking room did not want a smoking room. I didn’t see that when I booked that. Please make it more clear when we book on your site. Other than that it was good.

You get what you pay for. First time getting a hotel, next time I'll pay more to be comfortable.

Bed was not really comfortable, carpet looked old and dirty. Seen a few fruit flies. Bathroom sink had black around the corners. Lighting in the room was horrible. Location was sketchy.

The person I checked in with, didn't get his name but was very friendly. Made sure if I needed anything to call and he'd be right over to fix anything.

Termite problems...

We got all bit up by some termites in our beds. We are concern about that. We don't know what it was. We saw a black widow spider in the room, we kill her. And took pictures of her, we also have pictures of ourselves. Terrible, got bit around our necks and body. Plus it hurts.

Location and the lighting. Space.

Peaceful, convenient. I will go back.

The local TV and Internet provider arbitrarily shuts off the television after an hour or two. This is not the fault of the hotel---the only remedy would be to choose another cable network. The area is not especially walkable. There are fast-food places across the parking lot and nearby, but no parks. IF you want actual restaurants, it's. a ten-minute drive. Not much of a problem with a car. Also, I just learned that the trolley now stops in El Cajon. You could take it into the city and not have to think about parking.

The hotel was an easy freeway drive to where I was going for business. I do not like to stay in San Diego itself because the hotels are very expensive and there is a nightly parking fee imposed by the city. I liked the pool. You need it---El Cajon is hot!

Review Yelp and other sites before staying here.

Property had people standing around doing drugs and sitting on stairs wearing sunglasses (evening) smoking. They didn't move when my family needed to get through. Staff said they were hotel guests. Cops at property reviewing film. Staff stated that there were more than 30 cameras on the property- like it was a good thing. Did not rest comfortably all night. Canceled my second night stay.

The rooms were clean and spacious.
    • King Room - Smoking

I actually had a very pleasant stay, and there was nothing about my stay that I didn't like. I have stayed there several times.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool was amazing and very clean.

Great staff, great room, great stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Front desk personnel, Mohammed, was very kind to my young daughter and I. He even took time to ask her how she was doing. Very professional and quick check-in.

Horrible

Room was dirty, barhroomn was dirty. It was as if the housekeeping skipped cleaning and just made the beds. If we hadnt already paid for the night we would have left. Luckily we travel with our own blanket and pillows. Pray we did not bring anything home with us. I do not recommend this place, keep looking.

Nothing!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Great place to crash for the night.

My only complaint was parking was a bit far from the room, but we checked in very late (10PM).

Great room for the price. Staff was very kind and friendly. Breakfast seemed quite respectable, too... cereals, waffles, bagels, coffee/tea/orange juice, muffins and danish, and fresh bananas.

Not impressed.

Very noisy. Can here people above me walking around. Toilet kept running unless wiggle the handle. Shower doors kept slidding open while in the shower. Not level.

Easy to find

This place is horrible !!!

Everything !!!

I didn't like anything , the property was a dump , dirty , the rooms smell horrible I was scared to walk on the carpet , I didn't I had my flip flops the whole time even in the shower

Best Deal for Your Money

Sausage was greasy & of poor quality. Coffee didn't have much flavor. Multiple issues with key cards not opening the door.

Staff was friendly and ready to help. Overall, breakfast was decent and eggs were good.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Pleasant stay at Days inn

it took a while for the breakfast to be put out after the first wave of guest finished eating.

The breakfast was great, a lot of variety. The kids enjoyed the pool. The rooms at spacious and some great as soon as we walked in.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

My New 'Home Away from Home'...

No carpeting and tile was cold on bare feet.

Breakfast was good (but sausages was kinda greasy). Beds were very comfortable and tall. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great location for visit to area.

The location was great to get into San Diego to the sites. Room was clean and staff were nice. Denny's restaurant right next door if you didn't want to do the hotel breakfast. Freeway ramp was almost right out of driveway.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I wouldn't recommend staying here to any of my friends or colleagues
    • King Room - Smoking

The guy at the front desk did not take his job seriously as he was laughing when I was asking about smoking and non-smoking rooms. The room was missing the iron and the TV was damaged/not working upon arrival. A bottle of pop and gum on the bathroom sink were still there when I came into my room.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Breakfast was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Wanted to extend visit. Rates to do so were excessive. Went to their computer in the lobby and booked extra days and saved $25 to 45 a day. Seems they could add days at rate you booked in at.

Breakfast was good. Eggs and sausage was a plus. Add waffles and it would be a A+

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Comfortable Place to Stay!
    • King Room - Smoking

There is not much to dislike other then not being able to take my breakfast to my room.

Their breakfast was good,eggs and sausage's every morning. And other items. Getting the same room when I stay.Very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Just OK
    • King Room - Smoking

Almost impossible to watch TV channels you like and with their 2-remote system, it was not easy to change the channels. Once you finally got the TV on, you had to switch remotes and then it could not find the sensor to change channel without walking up right in front of the sensor. Even then, sometimes it worked and sometimes not. In addition, their breakfast was much worse than my last stay. Yogurt was at expiration date, breakfast rolls were hard, and hot foods were lukewarm.

Convenient location

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Well worth the money!!!

The location. Didn't necessarily feel like I was in a safe neighborhood especially as I drove around the area

The room was decent no issues or concerns about the room at all

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Fantastic!

We liked everything!

We spent a week at the El Cajon Days Inn and cannot praise the motel enough. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Our room was spacious and had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Parking terrible lack of handicap spaces and being charged 2...
    • King Room - Smoking

Parking terrible lack of handicap spaces and being charged 2 times on my card was a major problem and they didn't seem to care blamed it on there system what a joke

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

A place that we always try to stay at when we are in the area

Even with the huge parking lot, there wasn't close parking to our room. Only a problem because it happened to be so cold, windy and rainy when we were there.

our room did not have carpeting and I liked that. Everything in the room was cleaned daily. The room was good sized, had a refrigerator, microwave and great TV reception. Nicely located next to the freeway, yet no freeway noise. reasonable rates.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Overall a pretty good value for the area.

Bathroom was a little dirty. Some traffic noise being so close to the highway.

Typical firm hotel mattress. Located right off I-8 and 67. Minutes to dozens of good, cheap, local food. Mini-fridge and microwave. Nice touch at this price point.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

I like the place and the room is fantastic and very clean ...
    • Deluxe King Suite

I didn't like the noise it's little noise coming from outside (cars) but overall it's ok

I like the place and the room is fantastic and very clean ,everything was ok

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great place and value.

There was quite a bit of hair in the bathroom. We notified the front desk and they took care of it.

The location was great for visiting family in El Cajon and in Alpine. Easy to get to, comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Febreeze does fix dirty carpet issues
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

very shabby dirty disgusting carpet and the whole place STUNK of febreeze... suggest replacing the carpet rather than just dousing it with perfume...

good enough easy to find location and price. very nice at the front desk

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Looks fine from the outside, but actually super shady.

Cigarette burns all over the room: carpet, bedding, walls. Pool was disgusting with a film of dust and hair on it. Overall quite janky.

Cheap and a decent location for travelers.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The desk staff was very friendly.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The fact that the meeting room that was attached to my room was used for the cleaning stuff to sit around and talk as loud as they could and laugh very disturbing not able to sleep pretty sure half of the tenants in this hotel actually live there.i was in on an emergency trip there for a funeral and I have to say it was probably the worst experience I had other than the desk staff

The desk staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great value and overall stay.

Needed a heated pool. Beds were full not queen. Called ahead and the pool was supposed to be open 24/7 and it was not.

Loved the hot tub, breakfast, and all around awesome service!

GREAT,, HAPPY I STAYED THERE, MY NEPHEWS BASEBALL TEAM STAYS THERE ALOT... AS I WILL IN THE FUTURE..

YOUR REFER WAS A LITTLE TO COLD COULD NOT RESET,, LEFT A ICE PACK THAT WAS STUCK TO FREEZER...NO WORRIES..

DIDN'T EAT THERE,, BED WAS GOOD,,, SLEPT WELL'

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Very good for the money

Towels are small and somewhat rough. They weren't upgraded when the room was.

Bed was excellent. Service was very good and breakfast was good too. Would like to add hard boiled eggs.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Simply Amazing
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Amazing staff and amenities! Staff from front desk to house cleaning staff is super super friendly! I will return and recommend to everyone I know that will be staying in or near El Cajon, Ca.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great place, really recommended

Everything was great.

We loved this place! Location is good, about 20-30 minutes drive from main sights in San Diego. Room nice, clean and spacious. Breakfast was great: we expected the usual very basic motel-breakfast quality, but this place had far more variaty and even salty options (sausages and eggs). Pool and jacuzzi was also clean. Staff is friendly and helpful, we arrived an hour earlier and had no problems checking in early. Also we could print our boarding cards easily.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The breakfast was good.

The bed was hard and uncomfortable...The pillows were very hard and lumpy...The room was warm and set up strange with the a.c. in a weird spot...I would not stay her again.

The breakfast was good.

Okay for the price
    • King Room - Smoking

Sausage was not hot, bananas were extra ripe especially on my last day as they were almost black inside and out, yogurt was right at the expiration date, and sweet rolls were hard.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Just not a good hotel room, especially for the price.

Just not a good hotel room, especially for the price. Run down bathroom, water on the floor when we arrived that we had to clean up......very poor value.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The best reasonably priced hotel in El Cajon.

Nothing really!

The best reasonably priced hotel in El Cajon. Staff are really great! The facility is comfortable clean quiet and better than my expectations!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The rooms smelled of perfume every time they cleaned the...

The rooms smelled of perfume every time they cleaned the room. The refrigerator leaked on the tile floor and we brought it to managements attention the first day and was not fixed. Accident waiting to happen.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

YOU MUST STAY HERE!

Need a bathroom in the check in area.

Beds were clean and overall room was super clean as requested. Parking was filled but we managed to find one right infront of office.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Alot of burns for a non-smoking room

Our room and bathroom could have been cleaned and prepared better for the price of the stay. The room had burn marks all over the floor, the toilet had burn marks, our couch had burn marks and our bedding had burns marks. This was a NON smoking room. Very disappointed. We call front desk to advised of the displeasure. They brought up a new blanket and apologized. There was hair in the tub and on the floor which was pretty gross. For the most part it was a nice room but def needs some improvements.

Was here for the ComicCon weekend. Loved that the gas station, Dennys and the freeway were seconds from our location. That was a HUGE bonus. The staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

A decent stay for the money. But watch out for inconsiderate smokers!

The place needs staff patrols of common areas. There were several men smoking in the stairwell by my room with a 'No Smoking' sign right there in plain view. The men claimed that they could not read. In this city, it is a violation of city ordinance for people to smoke in common areas in a hotel or motel. The smokers mocked me and my wife as we walked by them coughing.

The staff was responsive to a key access problem. Good but simple breakfast was served.

The pool area

Lady at front desk was very rude and made my daughter cry.

The pool area

Dark chocolate with my husbands friend

If my husband had saw it and killed his self

The sex with my husbands best friend Judah

Best Days UnnErved!

Nothing at All! Perfect!

Extremely Clean Place and the Staff always had a smile on their face and we're pleasant!

THE MOST RUDE STAFF DIDNTBWANT TO GIVE ME MY $100!
    • King Room - Smoking

THE MOST RUDE STAFF DIDNTBWANT TO GIVE ME MY $100!Deposit until I had to argue for 15 min thief’s

horrible
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

every thing about this booking was horrible

Very good at reception very good this second time in me this...

No thank

Very good at reception very good this second time in me this hotel is excellent service and very good cleanliness

Staff was very helpful went above and beyond his job rooms...

I liked everything

Staff was very helpful went above and beyond his job rooms very clean...bed super comfy will definitely stay here again

Very satisfied.

Just fine

Room smells cigarettes

Easy access

No issues.

More selection of fresh fruit for breakfast.

Clean, comfortable and convenient.

Rooms were good.

Breakfast could be better and later.

Rooms were good. Denny’s right there. We did not have any real big issues.

The beds are super comfy and the hotel had a lot of store...

In the room that we stay, I saw behind the refrigerator some cockroaches

The beds are super comfy and the hotel had a lot of store near by

Very comfortable and great customer service.

Front desk staff is always so nice and helpful!