Reviews of Caliente Tropics 3 stars

411 East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262, USA

#40 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs

Nothing. I think everything is ok.

I wasnt expecting anything coz i got the booking for super cheap price. When we arrived in the location i was amazed by its view. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious, clean and cool despite the hot weather outside. Complete ammenities too from shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryer, ref and etc. super worth the price. The pool is nice too. And everything is accessible, its only a few miles from tramway, walking distance from the restaurant and fast food (they have restaurant and bar inside we didnt try it coz we already had dinner when we check in but the place looks cool). Overall i love this place and will go back again.

This hotel was very nice and very convenient, mins away from downtown and the pool,bar, and restaurant were great! The staff was awesome! Me and wifey stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary but unfortunately...we divorced the next day but....We had a great stay!....JUST KIDDING 🤣🤣 Great place overall! If you are looking for a nice place to stay that won’t break the bank, this is your spot! Trust me, you be disappointed!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hated the smoke at the pool area. There was no place that people were not smoking. We had a person with asthma traveling with us so we couldn’t enjoy the pool as much as we planned because of the smoke.😞

Loved that the pool was open late. Liked the outdoor games available. Beautiful Hawaiian Music playing.

• Tahitian Lanai Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The dumpster was right behind our room so there was a lot of noise in the morning.

Very clean. The staff was friendly. Pool area was nice and relaxing.

Very helpful....we had some special needs for cab service and they hooked us up with a great driver. Suggested a great room that fit our needs. All done with a smile!

Well the reason why we come here is the Polynesian themes and the ambiance. The Reef serves great food and drinks and the staff at the front desk are always helpful. The Rules... What I mean by that is what they choose to enforce and what they don’t. No Smoking by the poolside should be a normal rule by all means, but I saw people light up cigarettes all day and the staff didn’t say anything. Also I wasn’t allowed to take my cooler filled with bottles of water for my kids to the pool because it was considered “outside drinks” and was asked to leave it in my room. meanwhile I saw people drinking beers or whatever it was; from their hydroflask bottles. And finally. My biggest complaint would be outside music. First off, I have no problem with most music... in it’s appropriate setting of course. But people were playing offensive lyrics music by the pool where there are kids and/or people who just don’t care to hear those things. I come here because I want to feel like I’m back home in Hawaii, so I love the Hawaiian music and such, that is played over the loud speaker. Why did they not have it playing this time around? Who knows? All in all, I’ve stayed here religiously 4 times now, since I’ve discovered this place a year ago. But I’d have to say my experience and expectations have been sliding down a slippery slope. I suggest hiring security to help enforce all the non-smoking and loud music rules.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioning was really noisy

Really nice motel ! Nice vintage vibe exactly what we wanted for our stay ! Very lay back we had the pool almost for ourselves

When we arrived very hungry it was around 2pm. We tried to eat at their new Mediterranean restaurant, Evzin. It had excellent reviews for the food. We entered and saw one couple waiting on the couches. We had to approach staff and he sat just sit down while we clear the tables. We went to sit at one of the many already cleared tables and he said no in the couch area. We sat for 15 minutes and left. Went to Kings Highway at the Ace. We're immediately seated and eating in no time- Really wanted to try Evzin but 15 minute wait when hungry and there is No one in the restaurant with clean open tables isn't cool or necessary.

Wonderful inexpensive stay, great pool, could use more umbrella's. Near Ace hotel + Koffi (great coffee spot). Small fridge in room. Easy fast + friendly check in. No outside drinks by pool. They have a Tiki bar + service. Never asked if we wanted service. We ate at poolside cafe. Bar food, chicken fingers, burgers, nachos. Not a lot of healthy options. Love the Tiki decor + Tiki torches by very large pool. Not near main street. You will have to drive or bike if its not 100 degrees out.

Beds were great pillows awesome. Furniture and carpet, and blinds not so much. Service at restaurant was very poor. The tiki bar was better food and service.

• Queen Parlor Suite with Two Queen Beds

It's now a little overpriced - especially on weekends. The rooms are functional and 'fine' - just not $360 per night good. Still a little smoky and stale-smelling.

This is always a good place to stay... recently re-opened bar and restaurant are a nice addition. Increased prices aren't!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

At the check out, I asked for the closeout receipt, Linda, at the front desk indicated that she couldn't get me one because I reserved the room through Booking.com and that I must request it through them but once I requested a receipt for the towel returns, apparently she then had no choice but to provide a closeout receipt because the hotel had provided the pool towels and they were responsible for the towels because there would be a $20 fee for each towel if they were not return. Pool water and the Jacuzzi were not clean, especially the Jacuzzi. The foam created by the jets were oily and simply grouse floating over the water, didn't take two minutes and we were out. Kids in the pool were using water guns and at times I, my children and others were constantly had to be aware of their cross spray and there was no staff to warn them off. The room toilet would make a flushing noise all by itself for which I did raise the issue with the front desk at check out. She, Linda, seemed to be aware of the issue. It did that all night. There was a long crack on the room concrete floor, from one end to another, all the way to the entry. It was patched up and painted however, but poorly repaired.

Beds were decent, shower area was clean and parking was close to the room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I don't think they offer breakfast but there's places near by.

Family friendly, we love the pool area and the fact that it's open until midnight. The Reef has delicious food and it's reasonable. If you get there early and there's a room they'll let you check in and if not you can go to the pool area. We've recommended it to all our friends and a lot of us got rooms and enjoyed the pool area together and we can't wait to go back 🤗

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

No food after 9 pm, Air conditioner was so high up I had to stand in a chair to change the temp. Pool wat was filthy and then in day 2 some one pooped in the pool and there was no urgency to clear the pool. It was disgusting.

Ease of parking

One day our room was never cleaned. I would have liked the Reef restaurant to be open before 2 p.m. So we could eat poolside.

The Mediterranean restaurant was excellent. The location was close to everything we had planned. The poolside service was very good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did try the exercise facility but some of the equipment was broken, but that was not my main focus of being there so I used the free weights and it would not keep me from staying there again.

good location and friendly staff, directed us to a nice breakfast place down the road.

Very good comfortable room at a reasonable price. Nice poolside area also with a grassy area. Would return. The Evzin restaurant on-site (but not part of the hotel) serves Mediterranean food that must not be missed.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The "Reef" was small, too dark, and very dated with fair service and food. A convenient and comfortable, lighter indoor lounge/reading area separate from room would be nice, especially in unseasonable weather. No breakfast provided.

We really liked the pool, hot tub, and large green lounge area with sun shelters. Much better than in other mid-range hotels. The plastic strap loungers could be updated. We really liked having the ceiling fan in the room to evenly circulate heating and air conditioning--a real plus in desert weather. Room was clean.The location was very convenient and staff was friendly and helpful.

Carpets need replacing and the electricity kept dimming in our room.

The tropical/tiki theme. The Reef Tiki bar was exceptional! Beds were comfortable and pillows were fantastic! Shower was nice and clean. Room was nice and cool for the small a/c unit.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The rooms smelled and was in need of an update. The beds and pillows were horrible. The blinds were all bent and the door was a struggle to open and close. The pool looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in a long while! So disappointed! I’d rate this as a 1.5 and would not stay again.

The ONLY good thing was the Reef. The food was good and the happy hour menu was good.

• Tahitian Lanai King Room

Bed uncomfortable and saggy. Cockroaches in shower room as floor tile skirting was missing some grouting - reported issue, but staff rather blase about it.

Location was great - pool was cloudy, but setting was lovely - reminded us of Tracy Island of Thunderbirds. Mid century Tiki theme fab. Friendly staff. Had a wonderful evening at the nearby 1/4 mile away Purple Room restaurant supper club, check it out. Many wonderful vintage and thrift stores in the vicinity for retro vintage fashion and home ware. Had a lovely evening meal at the Esenca golf club grill - great views of the PS against the mountains. PS Aerial Tramway and Mt San Jacinto State Park wilderness reserve were lovely - especially when the temperature was high. Planned to stay 2 nights but stayed 3.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

My criticism is that it can get very noisy. People come and go until late at night and you can hear everything. Also our room was nearest to the main road and we could hear the cars pass by.

Stayed here for one night only midweek. Amazing value for the price! (it must have been a dead week as we only paid $75 for the night!!! You can't beat that!) We got an accessible room. The room was bigger than average and the shower area was huge! Everything was clean. Beds could be a little comfier but we still got a good night sleep. The grounds were immaculate and the staff was super friendly. Pool area is fantastic and the best feature at this hotel. Temps were in the 90s and the water was perfect to cool down. The hotel provides floats and balls for guests use. There are plenty of lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas. There is pool side service and we took advantage of it and order drinks and dinner. The grounds are pretty and very clean too. Breakfast is not included in the price but since check out is at noon (instead of the usual 11am), we had time to get breakfast somewhere else and be back with plenty of time to checkout without rushing.

ARROGANT STAFF. COMPLAINED ABOUT ERRATIC HOT/COLD WATER FLOW IN SHOWER. MAINTENANCE THUG PUT HIS HAND UNDER SHOWER FOR TWO SECONDS AND DECLARED IT FINE. GROUP OF YOUNG PEOPLE NEXT DOOR PARTIED OUTSIDE THEIR ROOM ALL NIGHT. TRIED TO CALL DESK TO COMPLAIN TO NO AVAIL. HAD TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE MYSELF AT FOUR IN THE MORNING. DEMANDED A REFUND AND WAS INFORMED THAT THERE WAS NO PROOF OF DISTURBANCE. AFTER TEN STAYS AT THE TROPICS OVER THE YEARS WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. OBVIOUS MANAGEMENT FEELS THEY ARE SO SUCCESSFUL NOW THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO ADDRESS THE NEEDS OR CONCERNS OF THEIR GUESTS.

EXCELLENT LOCATION. COMMON AREAS ARE PLEASANT. REEF BAR FABULOUS.

The pillows are super hard and the bar service was very sub-par, especially if you are not allowed to have your own drinks near the pool.

The atmosphere is lovely.

• Tahitian Lanai King Room

Ordered a Tahitian lanai king. There is NO lanai. Staff didn’t even know what a lanai was. We paid twice the price for this room and then did not have one The pool was never cleaned. It was a green color the whole week The restaurant/bar wouldn’t allow food/drinks around pool. Even when bar was not open. Food/drinks could not be charged to your room. They claimed they were not associated with the hotel.

Location On site bar with food

The rooms were lovely and Hawaiian themed, bed was amazing. My favourite part of this hotel is the super friendly pool area, our waitress was amazing serving us cocktails by the pool. The Reef Tiki Bar is cool too, super chilled. This hotel is the perfect hideaway in Palm Springs, and such great value for money. Couldn’t of been happier!!!

I was expecting more of a hotel and it feels like a motel. The staff left the airconditioning on very low temperature and it took hours and some heat to make the room comfortable. I travel to hot places to feel warm. I think the environmental impact of air-conditioning to 6o degrees is unnecessary. I hope this review results in a new policy.

I liked the pool area.

Nothing...!

Fantastic kitsch property with nice comfortable accommodation, an on site Tiki Bar, great pool & spa and a restaurant with delicious Mediterranean inspired menu.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not like having to listen to the gardeners gas leaf blower for 2 hours on Monday then again gardeners with a gas weed whip on Thursday! Incredible annoying!

We loved the pool area and the convenience to downtown PS

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t know Palm Springs at all when I booked so it’s a bit far from downtown, we had an easy time driving there but it’s not walkable. The upside is it’s like 1 second away from Moorten’s

The perfect desert oasis! Pool side bar service, amazing tiki music and ambiance! The beds were super soft and the room was quiet! Happy hour is so worth while! We also loved how deep the pool was and that the hot tub was really warm for cool desert nights. We also got an on-site massage and it was really nice and relaxing!

Heavy wooden blinds on large window were difficult to open and close, minor damage to plaster and paint on the walls in bathroom should have been repaired. The view of the property and mountains were awesome, would be nice to have window coverings that allow some privacy from waist level down (shutters? top/bottom style?) while enabling the view. No smoking policy in Jacuzzi area was not enforced (and should be).

Highlight was the polynesian architecture and gardens, enhanced by touches like tikis throughout the property, Hawaiian music in the lobby and a great tiki style bar (The Reef). I loved the spaciousness of this property - large open areas with gardens and views of the mountains. Room was attractive and very well furnished - nice place to sit, a desk, a refrigerator, and plenty of room for my belongings. The room was much more attractive than I expected, nice décor! The pool area was spacious and nicely furnished and the pool large enough to actually swim!

The staff - everyone - was absolutely wonderful. I had the dreaded experience of my car not starting on the day we were leaving and everyone was so helpful! Plus, during our trip everyone we encountered was just so hospitable and cheerful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

It's just for pool towel, you have to go pick them up at the front desk and bring them back yourself.

We stayed here right after Coachella. It's less than 10mins drive to Palm Spring airport, easy to catch early morning flight. The hotel is not in downtown Palm Spring, but we don't need to go there for food. There's a very good brunch place 2 blocks away where you'll run into music artists came here after Coachella. I especially like the tropical theme of the pool area, quite a lot of people (family too) hanging out here on a Monday. There're quite enough pool chairs. And, there's a hot tub/Jacuzzi, very necessary after three days of dancing. The tiki-bar by the pool is perfect, good selection of cocktails. There's a very nice mediterranean restaurant attached to the hotel front, good food with many customers considering it was a Monday night. Our room is on the ground floor, is standard nice and clean. Hot shower didn't work in the beginning, staff came fixed it immediately. Free parking spot right in front of the room door. I chatted with a family came here for birthday celebration, they live 2 hours drive away, they said this is one of their favourite spots in the area. Staff is nice.

The price of the drinks and food were a bit much. 4 drinks costed us about $50. Which is more then I would like to pay, however the drinks were great. For both of us to eat costed and have a couple of drinks costed us about $90.

The place was beautiful! I truly felt like I was at an oasis. The drinks at the hotel restaurant were very good, even though they were a little pricey. The food was pretty good, and they do have some vegetarian options! The room was nice and clean, and rather large. Overall we had a great experience and I will always book this hotel when we are in the area!

had to ask to have room serviced as did not do it until end of day

Older facility with thicker walls that kept the noise down between rooms. Good location, nice pool., comfy bed. Attached restaurant was very good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel manager Alicia was very rude she charged the wrong card for the room then refused to refund me saying she had to check cameras. She then thought she placed me on hold & began to speak about me in Spanish while I was still on the line & I understood everything she said. She then stopped answering my phone calls. This is basically fraud ! Never will I stay here again ! Horrible customer service !

The cleaning staff was warm & welcoming.

Couldn't consume outside food or beverages around the pool. Had to order from restaurant which was pricey.

Atmosphere was great. Calm and relaxing yet fun and vibrant.

Got my iPad on the WiFi but not my laptop. Curse on Microsoft Windows 10!!

I got one of the newely renovated suits with a patio! It’s always been an attractive hotel but the new renovations put it over the top!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The place was great, but the slow wifi was a problem for me since I was working.

very quaint, nice property, nice staff, clean. walking distance to a few places.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms are very outdated and the amenities could use an upgrade. There were also a few holes in the walls, which attracted critters like palmetto bugs.

• Tahitian Lanai King Room

Some things in the rooms are needing to be updated. Faucets are worn and hard to work. there were a number of patched holes in walls and doors that were not well repaired. Our toilet plugged up twice.

The outdoor space with pool, lounge, restaurant was especially nice, very pleasant.

I am still shocked that I was billed $25 for a pet fee, when I do NOT have a pet. A charge occurred on my acct and I called immediately. They said a pet had been seen going in my room. My ride who came and picked me up has a pet and for at most 10 mins came in while I finished preparing to leave. They argued with me and said they would review the tapes. They never responded and I was really angry. I should have given a really bad rating because my nice stay was ruined with this event. I won't stay there again.

Many things. The pool area.

The pool and hot tub were filthy. Not once did I see anyone clean the pools in the two days staying there. When in Palm Springs to me, one of the most important aspects of your stay is the pool. So that was a bummer. The bar / restaurant are not a part of the hotel but the staff at the outside pool bar was terribly slow. We ordered a drink poolside and didn’t get it for 40 mins, not kidding. And we went in twice to see if we could just get the drinks at the bar and they would say it was coming. Never did... It says no outside drinks or food. But my advice is just bring a cooler and make your own drinks.

Clean room and comfortable bed. Easy check in and Jose at the front desk was very nice and accommodating.

Wifi a bit weak. Pool was a bit greasy but nicely set up. Towels for rent.

Super nice and stylish design like a tropical island, spacious room with attention to detail. Clean and friendly !

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were old cigarette burns in the carpet. The furniture was in bad shape. I caught a broken strip of wood on my hip and cut it. The desk and drawer all had strips of wood peeling off and catching clothing. The beds and pillows need to be replaced. They only put one coffee pod in the bedroom--for one cup. Disappointed in the room.

The pool was great and the restaurant catering to those in the pool area. I like that they had a small refrigerator in the room. If you don't like the casual meal in one restaurant, they have another restaurant with a more interesting menu featuring Greek and Mediterranean food.

The walls are thin and so you hear everything from outside or your neighbours.

The pool area was beautiful and also the tiki bar. Very nice people. Our room was really big and confortable.

Stayed here for only one night because my boyfriend and I missed our flight, but what a charming place to stay! The staff was so welcoming, we loved the Hawaiian theme, and the restaurants were so unique! Wish I could have stayed longer, but I will definitely be back!

The rooms are poor, hard beds, loud rooms, loud set up, very basic rooms. You can hear all the cars and people next to you.

The pool area is very Nice. Cleanliness is good. Staff is friendly. Happy hour is on spot.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It's somewhat far from the downtown area so walking downtown isn't really easy. But if you don't mind driving a mile or so, it's no problem at all.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. We arrived at our hotel and they promptly checked us in. We got to our room only to notice that the unit above us had flooded in the bathroom and it was leaking through the ceiling and had soaked our bathroom floor and the carpet just outside it. I called the front desk to let them know and they moved us to a new room immediately and even upgraded us to a larger room for the inconvenience. And they really couldn't have been nicer about it. For that reason alone, I would go back. I also like that they have the restaurants on-site overlooking the pool and the menu is casual and varied. Kids loved the pool. Fun place!

The fridge in my room was basically useless. Although there was a large coating of frost/ice along the back interior, it wasn’t cold enough to store my food. I had to retrieve ice a few times per day so I could keep my perishables in my ice chest.

The bed was quite comfortable, and I liked that the bed cover was cotton, not the creepy fabric so often found in inexpensive hotels. I really appreciated the large counter space in the sink area; it made it easy to prepare my coffee and snacks.

The room is nothing like the picture. It is run down, there are bugs, the room smells. The floorboards are dirty and every appliance looks like it hadn’t been updated since the 70s. Everything looks and feels dirty. I was afraid to touch anything or take a shower.

The only thing I liked was the pool and even then it is a bit run down.

The room need refresh, old forniture. No crazy to have a window in the bathroom if i stay on the groundfloor, especially if i see a chair under my window. The shower didn't work very well, no easy to have hot water.

Swimming pool looks cool, and tiki bar was the best part of the hotel. Location is also very convenient.

• Tahitian Lanai King Room

We liked the Hawaiian atmosphere in the pool and garden areas. The pool was very large and the water was a comfortable temperature . Our room was spacious and very clean. The whole property had a great vibe. We will definitely stay there in the future.

Room was outdated and we had cockroaches in our bathroom. Staff moved us to a different room. Pool was filthy and brownish looking. Property needs a complete update.

The staff was great!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There was a wierd smell to the room. The door alarm was annoying and sometimes the door was hard to open. The parking situation is difficult because hotel clients compete with restaurant visitors.

The pool was excellent

Better blankets on the beds

Perfect pool temp. Fun tiki vibe in the bar. ADA rooms are spacious! Some of the tiki carvings poolside need some TLC, but having drink service poolside and a beautifully maintained grass area near the pool make this place feel SWANKY and tropical. Great value if you book your rooms well in advance. Prices get higher the closer you get to your date.

I really have nothing negative to say about the Caliente Tropics. If you keep in mind that this hotel has been around for decades and that it is steeped in local history, you'll overlook any minor flaws, which honestly are few.

An older facility in the area but a true classic, Caliente Tropics retains the charm that has made it a favorite for decades. The rooms are large, well appointed and immaculately clean. They are also well insulated from noise and changes in temperature. The pool area is one of the largest in Palm Springs and a real hit for families. With that in mind realize there are lots of kids here. Some people consider this a plus but its good to keep in mind if your intention was a quiet respite from your own little ones. Staff are helpful and there is a restaurant on site.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Lost our parking spot when we drive into town for dinner and when we got back we had to park pretty far from our room.

The bed was so comfortable and the room was clean. Loved that we arrived early and was able to check in and loved that we requested a late check out and got an extra hour. Loved that the ice machine was very accessible. The pool and restaurant service was excellent and everyone was so friendly. Will definitely stay here again!

The bathrooms desperately need remodeling. The carpet is outdated and there was an odor that came home with me via all my clothes.

Loved the pool and the comfortable bed.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Rooms were too noisy, walls thin.,no microwave. Door alarms very annoying. Bar menu prices not updated.

Beautiful setting, pool. Staff very friendly.

The pillows were way too big - couldn't use them. Had to use a bath towel instead. The fitness room was only open 8 - 8. The bathroom didn't have a bathtub.

Good location - close to a lot of good restaurants and attractions and right on the main road so good access to public transit if needed. Nice big pool and hot tub.

The workout facilities are outdated as they need to invest in a new elliptical and treadmill, and a TV with more than one channel would help too.

Great location. Close to downtown but not too close to be impacted by traffic.

The location is far from the center of the city.

It is a motel with the architecture from the 60's but it is overall clean and quiet. The pool area laid out well and the bar/restaurant is very user friendly to have a good time.

having to leave my favorite little paradise

The pool is the best in the area! The whole atmosphere can transport u to an island getaway. Easy access to Everything , Amazing mountain views & lovely greenery/landscaping. Excellent cleaning crew, friendly staff

I would REALLY have liked to be able to get a coffee in the morning. I would have really liked that there was anything open in the morning - anything. The bar wasnt open til 1pm and they dont have coffee. The restaurant opens at 11am but its mediterranean - nothing breakfast about it. Just a slice of toast or a muffin-Anything. There's nothing within walking distance so you really need to offer something - I would suggest that the bar restaurant open at 10am and offer coffee and one breakfast item. Nothing big. Just something. You do get a coffee pot and a fridge, but I dont want to sit in my room. I would rather be served and sit outside.

I loved sitting at the tables by the bar in the shade! I loved that the sink/counter/mirror was not in the bathroom! I loved that you got a fridge! I loved the tiki theme! I loved the price! The Reef had pretty great food too - and service was always great. Relaxing place to hang out. Enjoyed every minute of my stay.

If you needed pool towels you had to get them at the front desk. This information was not given and many people asked me where i got my towels.

Ressa,the check in clerk, was very helpful in answering and questions we had. She was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and recommended some very good places to eat. The pool and hot tub area were very clean and inviting.

We expected it to be a 21 and over hotel but there were definitely children staying here. We weren’t bothered by it but wanted others to be aware when booking as the listing on booking.com lists it as 21 and over.

Great location! Room was clean and comfy.

The bed wasn’t bad, but could be better.

The pool and jacuzzi were very nice. The Polynesian landscaping and decor created a great atmosphere. Having dinner and drinks at The Reef was a highlight of our trip. The bartender there is terrific. I also loved the Hawaiian music and birds in the lobby.

As a week-long client, we were disappointed that we were given room 209, which did not afford any real view of the mountains. A move was offered after 4 days, by which point we decided it simply was not worth the trouble. Overall, we liked the hotel and would stay again.

Accolades to Pedro for helping us at check-in time.

It was cold when we were there and we had to request extra blankets. The room didn't have heat so we also had to request a portable heater. Other than that, the place was a good value for the price.

Laid back; good restaurants on site. Funky but clean.

• Tahitian Lanai King Room

An elevator, but that's just because I had had hip surgery a few weeks prior & wasn't operating at 100 percent. a microwave in the room would have been nice.

Loved the pool area, the Reef Restaurant & Tiki Bar. Funky Polynesian theme in the middle of the Dessert. Found it very enjoyable. Rooms were nice & included fridge. Coconut Shrimp over the top!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The hotel is overpriced in my opinion. The rooms are rundown even though I saw that "it had been recently renovated to retain its original charm"--I guess that means tacky. I felt like I was paying over $200 per night for a $60 per night value.

The woman at the front desk was very nice and the beds were ok comfortable. The location wasn't bad, but it's unlikely I'd ever stay there again.

The weather. .it actually rained one morning

Great staff, great retro pool and bar and restaurant. Loved the real tiki's and the blowing of conch shell at midnight pool close notice.

• Tahitian Lanai Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the room was dingy and cold. There was one extremely thin blanket and the heater did not heat the room. I decided to take a hot shower to warm up and the water did not get past luke warm.

the pool!

the room was comfortable. I did not have much time to enjoy the amenities the hotel offered; primarily used it for sleep. I attended the tennis tournament and checked in late / checked out early. I do plan to return and enjoy a leisurely stay. thank you.

The electrical plugs in the room only worked with lights on. Tub didn’t drain well.

The staff is very friendly and maids very good. We love the pool area. It has been very good here!