Reviews of Cambria Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport 3 stars

300 Airgate Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA

#3 of 17 hotels in Morrisville

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was experiencing issues with their system which made check in about 30 minutes.

The location was perfect for our trip out of RDU. The room is very spacious.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Large parties were staying there during our stay - very noisy late into the night.

Nice airport hotel. Very good breakfast. Helpful and courteous staff.

• King Suite

The check in process. Having to get charged extra if you are not using a credit or debit card.

I like the size of the room. it was very quiet. we enjoyed the Jacuzzi and swimming pool.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room keys did not work initially. Our room was not stocked with a menu for room service. When we called to ask where we could find a menu, we were told in a rude manner “We don’t bring menus to your room.” and hung up on. The pool wasn’t a lot smaller than expected and had so much chlorine we couldn’t stay long.

The bed and hotel room were very comfortable. The restaurant had a good selection. The airport shuttle was very convenient and the front desk staff were very welcoming.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was ok, I heard the housekeepers cursing up a storm one morning in the hallways. One saw me half way naked because she just knocked and walked in. The walls aren’t as thick, so you hear everything. I filtered my choices by hotels with hotubs, which they advertised but doesn’t work and hasn’t worked in awhile according to staff. So I was pretty heated about that. The snacks are over priced, and due to the location, I’m sure it’s to their advantage. The vending machine partially work eats up your change. But the front desk was nice enough to give me a drink in exchange.

It was affordable for the value. Spacious rooms, free WiFi and comfortable bed.

• King Suite

There was a family above us that made noise night and morning.. Running and stomping so annoying and when reported they still did not stop.

The room was beautiful and comfortable

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean comfortable rooms with excellent access to airport. The facilities were modern, clean and comfortable. the outdoor patio with fire pit and seating was a nice plus. I would definitely recommend for travelers wanting to stay close to the airport.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I felt the walls were a little thin. I could hear the sounds of people walking above us. I also felt a couple of the staff members at the front desk were a little less friendly than I would have expected. Also the charge on my card was different than my quoted price. While I expected that fees may have been applied as stated on booking.com, when I wasn't informed of them I figured there weren't any. When asked about the additional charges upon departure I was told this was for incidentals and would be refunded in 3-5 business days

The property was clean and spacious with lots of amenities! The size of the room allowed us to have space and not be cramped on top of each other.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Ripped desk chair for desk. Cleaning person took old towels and did not provide new. Went to the front desk the next morning at 6 AM and requested four sets of towels for our four family members. They only had two sets till 10 AM! Phone to contact front desk did not work.

Room size with fold out bed.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When my friend and I went to pick up some items from the store across from the elevators and doors we noticed a couple of the idea were old. For example it was Fri morning and a sandwich which has been made on Tues was laying in the refrigerator area wet and with a little mold. The water pitcher spicket was also looked dirty with a little residue of food on the side. We mentioned this too the young lady (could not see her name tag) and she stated “ she was going to clean it soon “.

The room was very nice except the skirt around one of the beds was torn and I let the front desk attendant “Chrissy” know. She stated “ that she would let housekeeping know”.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was terrible. Mattress was worn out or the bed frame was broken. I had to take extra blankets from the closet to put under one side of the mattress to keep from feeling like I was going to roll out of bed. Also, both nights I was there I could hear people (probably children) running around and was awakened at 4am on the second night. I reported all of this to the front desk when I checked out but they didn’t seem to care. Will not stay here again!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Cold, noisy, dirty & worn Front desk staff cool and in the am not there or no response to call or and not attending to other guests!!

Not much

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower and tap water wasn’t hot enough. Breakfast was a bit thrown together. It wasn’t appealing at all. The first morning was a disaster as we were a large group and they hadn’t planned for us. On subsequent mornings I had to ask for hot water twice, and plates.

Room

• King Suite

I was charged twice for breakfast and that had me very upset and still looking forward for my $10.68 but other than that it was awesome!

Clean rooms and excellent service. Felt like home would definitely go back to Cambria again one day on my trips

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pull out sofa was very uncomfortable and the linens for that bed weren’t as warm as what we’re on the other beds. We had trouble with some being hot and other cold because of this.

The front desk staff was very friendly and the property and rooms are exceptionally clean and well-maintained.

• King Suite

The receptionist seemed offended when I asked if they honor AAA. And then we were put in a room with 2 queen beds instead of 1 king bed and she didn’t tell us in advance it would be different.

Great pillows! We didn’t eat here or use any other facilities so I can’t comment on that.

• King Suite

Staff was not very accommodating as i requested early check in .i arrived at the hotel at 11;45 am and was told that i couldn’t check in til 3 pm. I inquired about any vacated rooms at 8 am and the service clerk said that the cleaning crew doesn’t come in til 9 am. I’m guessing they take a three hour break before starting to work.i then askedto be called when my room room was rrady( i was thinking 3pm) i arrived at the hotel at 415 and asked why i hadn’t been called the clerk said she just came in and wasn’t aware that i requested this nor did they have the name of the second hotel room i booked for my friend retained in the system after i wrote it down on a post it note. Extremely unorganized and not very accommodating . Was planning a trip to nyc in dec and has looked at the Cambria up there.highly unlikely i will be staying there. Icing on the cake our neighbor next to our room complained that our music was too loud at 5 pm .

Good room overall

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I had hair in my shower from a previous guest, but it was in an area behind the shower curtain, easily missed by housekeeping.

Nice beds, modern touch. Get the job done if you need to crash before a flight or just in town for a few days.

• King Suite

There is nothing I find that I can say that is possibly negative about this establishment. I was not able to use the pool or look through the gift shop, but it was a great stay.

I liked the architecture, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the service was top notch. Very clean and nice smelling room. I was able to have a quiet sleep I was just there overnight, but it was great for somebody who needs a good rest. I have stayed at many hotels in my travels and this is the best.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Carpeting throughout was dated and old. Food and drinks in restaurant seemed a bit pricey.

After a rough trip in a crappy beach front house it was awesome to stay here with soft clean sheets and a nice smelling room. The free breakfast for our kids was icing on the cake and we utilized your nice workout room. Great design to rooms. Husband liked to be able to watch what he wanted on the extra tv! And krueig coffee in the room, awesome!

• King Suite

Arrived late in the evening, my reservation could not be found, which is apparently an issue from other desk conversations I heard while there. Staff was still able accommodate me with a king size room though, which was what I had requested. Got in to a decent room but noticed the shower could use some Chlorox - showing mold around the edges. On returning back to the hotel the following evening after working late (~11pm) found that housekeeping had not come at all. It was too late and I was too tired to bother with requesting a cleaning at that point.

Great location, good size room, comfortable bed

• King Suite

Short visit . Wish we could have checked in early. Time flies when you are only staying for one night.

I didn't eat breakfast or get a chance to swim but I really enjoyed the coziness of this hotel. It was relaxing and very comfortable.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not much I say negative about the property. Location, cleanliness, and friendliness of staff is exceptional

I loved the location of the property. Close to the airport and restaurants. The staff was friendly.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We wish they had more options at the breakfast bar. But overall it was great.

The beds were great. The wifi was nice. Also the food was very tasty and good.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very rude and not accommodating. The woman running the breakfast buffet was very rude and overcharged for the breakfast on my final bill.

Very Clean and the Beds were comfortable.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I have only one compliant- there was a limited number of electrical outlets on the night stand. We had to unplug the lamp and the clock to plug-in our CPAP machines. All else was wonderful.

The rooms was spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I waited for the airport shuttle for 45 minutes. Other local hotel shuttles circled thru 3-4 times before Cambria showed up. Toilet seat was up when I got to my room. Was it clean? Coffee maker in room didn't have any sugar/creamer packets and only one regular coffee pod. Terrible hair dryer - sticky and as powerful as a battery-operated fan

• King Suite

I wasn't impressed with the breakfast, should have added some pancakes, waffles;the coffee station could have been better, I wasn't comfortable with the creamer pumps and limited coffee tops, Should have been replenished a little more, the tops ran out by noon, I couldn't find anyone to ask for more.

ladies who checked us in were friendly, and were able to get me the stand up shower I requested.

• King Suite

The worst staff I have ever encountered. We made reservations months ago. There were 4 families with reservations. We got there to check in and 2 families got rooms. They said the other rooms weren't ready (1 of those rooms just needed towels we were told). So we went to dinner and when we got back we were told that there were no rooms available. They had given the room that just needed towels to someone else. They said they were low on house cleaners and couldn't clean more rooms. The guy at the desk was a jerk! I would never stay there again! Worst experience ever!

• King Suite

It was well decorated, roomy, clean and very comfortable. The staff was super friendly. I travel a lot for work and I'll stay there again when I'm in that area.

NOTHING -

THE STAFF WAS SUPER GREAT! AFTER BEING STUCK IN THE AIRPORT ALL DAY DUE TO WEATHER - IT WAS LOVELY BEING GREETED BY YOUR STAFF AND HELPED WITH THE UNEXPECTED STAY! THE SHUTTLE SERVICE WAS GREAT! THE BREAKFAST WAS YUMMY!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• King Suite

had a little issue on check-in. My booking.com name wasn't listed properly and it looked like my reservation didn't exist

Accommodated an early check in. Brought crib to the room. great airport location

• King Suite

The walls are very thin, I had to sleep with the tv on because I could hear my neighbor conversation.

Very clean rooms, the staff was patient with me when I was being a bridezellia.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that the pool wasn't open. I didn't like the fact you have to pay for the good breakfast

the place was awesome I love the store like convenience of the snacks and the bar. Everything you need is in the rooms

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee maker didn't work. But to their credit, the clerk did offer a breakfast voucher

The bed had a light blanket instead of the heavy comforter. They did have the comforter at the end of the bed. The bathroom was nice and the room was quiet

• King Suite

I was upset that the pool and spa were not working. This was supposedly to be a get away weekend for my fiance and myself. We were looking forward to enjoying those amenities. If I would have known they were inoperable during our get away, I would have booked at another hotel

The staff was very knowledgeable about the town.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• King Suite

I drive a pickup truck and the parking was problematic...I ended up just always parking at the edge of the lot. Also the breakfast was not close to being worth ten dollars. It was essentially a continental breakfast with cold sassage and runny grits.

The room was perfect. The set up couldn't have been better for me and my brother. Also what we got for what we spent was very nice

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at the desk! Very slow. 20 minutes to check in and I was the only one in line. She was on the phone and not taking care of live customers. The coffee shop. I waited over 10 minutes to order coffee and NEVER saw the attendant, this was 8AM...prime time for coffee

The location was nice with easy access

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When I checked in she ran my credit card. All was good. Then asked for the card for essentials, she then told me the card was denied, gave her multiple cards all declined. Took the time to call all creditors to ensure no fraud and all they could tell me was she must have been doing something wrong. A little unnecessary stress on what was already a stressful trip. Also mold in the bathtub. YUCK

The location was great to the airport. The staff friendly. The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• King Suite

the quality of the furniture in the room had rips and sunk in pillow which wasn't all that appealing.

I liked it was closed by many restaurants and little shopping centers, so traffic wasn't that bad.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• King Suite

The assistant manager Kayla was extra helpful. I needed to add some extra rooms in addition to the three I already had for my reservation, and she quickly positioned herself to accommodate my guest and I. Some of my rooms even needed a late checkout and the staff did the best they could to support our situation. Awesome experience!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Don't really have a restaurant just a small bar. Snacks are over price and even a bottle water can set you back a few dollars well.

Location to airport, free airport shuttle, room size and comfort, staff friendliness.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a bit of miscommunication about the breakfast feature. I may not have heard the front desk agent say that there would be a charge for breakfast or maybe she did not mention it, but on top of that, the breakfast selection was quite small for $10 a person.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air or heat went on in middle of night and was so loud it woke us up. Something very wrong with it. Stopped after 45 min and never came on again. Thankfully! Toilet seat was broken. Overall very nice property.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The airplane noise can be intrusive at times but no overnight flights.

Very convenient to the airport and easy to find. Very spacious rooms and spacious lobby areas. Good nearby restaurant (though pricey) for a nice evening meal - you can eat in the hotel if you want.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We got there to check in about 16 minutes prior to 3pm which is there check in time and we were told we had to wait 15-20 minutes. That was annoying and it was even more annoying when room service came at 10 am the following day.

The room was great and spacious. Had pool to ourselves.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• King Suite

The breakfast was ok, it had very few choices for the price. My stay was for 3 nights, therefore I only ate there one morning.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. The room and bed was very well kept and very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Nothing, everything was great

Very clean, a good value for the money, and the architecture was different than most hotels. It felt much more like a small apartment. And the staff was extremely professional

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Availability of fresh towels and washcloths could've been better

The bed was very comfortable and I also liked the modern decor of the room. The Bath and Body Works toiletries were a pleasant surprise 😊

• King Suite

I didn't like that breakfast didn't have much to choose from. Would prefer some waffles or pancakes along with the breakfast and a guide on the TV instead of just guessing channels

I loved how you just walk in and felt just like home and the bed was very comfortable. You have to make love on it lol. Home away from home.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Not a huge deal but airplanes fly right over hotel as they approach for landing since right next to airport.

Very clean, room very spacious, staff helpful. Allowed for early check-in. Location good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Suite

Check in took over 15 minutes even though I had a reservation. Then he gave me a key to room that was already occupied and didn't even apologize. ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. He then asked if I had checked in earlier because the records showed that I had. When I told him I had just stepped off the airplane, I received no response. I asked if he would please be sure that no one had checked in under my name and using my credit card. Again, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. So disappointed.

The location to the airport is great. The room was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Suite

Housekeeping did not clean my room on the last day. Housekeeping was hostile about my taking a few extra minutes to vacate the room prior to my departure.

William did a good job at checkin.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Can't adjust the fan strength of the air condition (if on, always on high speed, a little bit loud); Would be better to have a tissue box in the room(the one in the restroom is also almost empty, too); Waiting time for the airport shuttle is too long.

The space is impressive. Love the mini living room/study room.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

the reception service is pretty bad! I arrived there at around 10:30 at night, my kid and I were pretty tired, but the reception took about 30 minutes and not tell us what's wrong with that.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The telephone didn't work. No one staffed breakfast, so it was like having to run a scavenger hunt before having my coffee. I had to hunt for silverware, coffee, cream, plates, etc. My husband has parkinsons disease so he really can't carry his china plate to the table. There was no 'service'. The lady who was supposed to staff the breakfast was too busy on her phone and chatting with the chef to notice customers. But not too busy to expect a tip

The breakfast food was delicious the bed was comfy the room was very nice and well appointed

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location, made it nice and easy for traveling. they have a small restaurant there a good bar and a great bartender. Hotel was modern, rooms large, place overall had a good feel.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location of room poor...right next to exit door. No restaurant facilities as advertised...apparently there was a grease fire that prevented hotel from operating food service. Not informed and only option w/o a car was the Chop House which was very expensive. Unknowledgeable front desk staff,

Couch bed in 428 was broke

Spa an pool were awesome

NA

Breakfast was given free in return for a minor issue. Made scrambled eggs for us on request with no extra charge

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool water very cloudy, did not look inviting.

Love it all

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very accommodating. Staff is very professional. Hotel is very clean and quiet.

no parking

No continental breakfast

Very close to,the airport, easy to get too

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Loved the Park & Ride feature. Great location and would return there again.

The view from my room

Beautifully made floor plans

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Hot tub was closed and the right elevator closed on you when you tried to enter or exit it.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Food at bar and jacuzzi had a lot of chlorine in it

Needed an extra blanket

Convenient, clean, good value for money excellent showers!!

Couldn’t connect to the FREE WiFi

n/a

Size of the room

No free breakfast if you want breakfast the cost is 9.95

Perfect location, friendly staff, and the suites were clean comfortable and spacious.

Everything was great

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything the beds were very fluffy along with the pillows I felt at home away from home