Reviews of Campbell Inn Hotel 3 stars

675 East Campbell Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008, USA

#7 of 8 hotels in Campbell

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

I will not be returning to Campbell Inn until it gets much needed update
    • King Bedroom

The faucet in the bathroom sink did not work, it was repaired on my second day of stay. Old furniture, tacky decoration and old carpets look and feel like a motel. The walkway on the second floor was saggy, the elevator was dirty. And--loud drunk guests two doors down left their room door open late into the night, there was arguing etc, needless to say--no good sleep was possible. The reception staff was polite, but I will not be returning to Campbell Inn until it gets a much needed update.

I travelled on business and booked Campbell inn as it was conveniently located, the price was good for the area and it is located next to a nice walking trail. Polite reception staff. Another positive: good hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The rooms were clean and tidy.
    • King Bedroom

Plumbing sounds/toilet ghosting. TV quality not great. Exterior hallways aging.

The rooms were clean and tidy. Nice atmosphere. Nice location and parking.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Breakfast was good.
    • King Bedroom

Burned out light bulbs in our hotel room that were reported to desk staff shortly after check-in, but not responded to during our stay. How difficult is it to give a guest a light bulb when they come to the counter, or better yet, have the room ready before arrival ? They had only one or two luggage carts that were inconveniently located and had to be returned. The hot tub spa was out of order.

Breakfast was good. Beautiful and well-maintained pool area, courtyard. Nice foliage in the courtyard.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Really not worth the money
    • King Bedroom

The front desk person was kinda rude checking me in. The next morning I told the guy at the desk there wasn’t any hot water he told me I had to let it fun for five minutes. It ran for fifteen and another five for me to take a cold shower!!! SMH.

Everything was clean. Nice looking room. I was just there to get some sleep and shower. It was just down the road from the hospital.

They have a closed market, Not many to choose from in Campbell
    • King Bedroom

The air conditioning is poor. The pricing is high, especially for a weekend. The rooms are looking a bit dated. While some of the staff are great the manager is not.

The breakfast was adequate.

Great breakfast!
    • King Bedroom

The carpets were so filthy! A lot of dirt collected on my feet. The carpets need to be shampoo’d as soon as possible.

Great breakfast! The food was definitely to our liking.

We enjoyed our stay and would like to return.
    • King Bedroom

The neighbor who was smoking on the balcony, I could smell his smoke coming into our door.

The breakfast offered a lot of options with every condiment imaginable :) I liked the fact that there were plain old fashioned oatmeal available, I don't care for all the sugar flavored options. The fruit was very good.

Overall, a Good stay. Bang for your buck, would stay there again if prices are fair
    • King Bedroom

A little outdated, could use some remodeling. Maybe time to upgrade to quieter AC units. There needs to be more electrical outlets. Everything was on a power strip which could be a little dangerous and it sucks that you can’t plug your phone or device next to you bed, but for the price, I can live with that.

Can’t beat the location. 3 blocks from downtown Campbell which is adorable and right next to Los Gatos Creek which now has water!!! Buffet good choices although I would go with a waffle machine instead of pancakes.

Amazing value, Close to Everything!
    • King Bedroom

Need more towels by the pool

The breakfast was amazing. The pool was nice and warm not overcrowded at all, great location, we hiked the beautiful trail and walked to dinner

Tranquil getaway in a fast-paced world
    • King Bedroom

2 days had to report trash not being removed from table. Came back late yesterday evening and room hadn't been touched. Very surprised as they usually have been great except for missing candy wrappers in plain sight. Kudos to wonderful maintenance staff who were very responsive when I reported problems.

Enjoyed the very professional and courteous office staff. I couldn't have asked for nicer folks! Ruby, Evett, Damien, Kahlied, and another person. Great location, easy access both entering and exiting. Parking was plentiful and made it convenient to park near my room. Very relaxing atmosphere. Felt as if I were back at Club Med! Breakfast was 1st class; best I've ever had at any hotel. Wide variety of hot foods and was pleasantly surprised by the selection of fruit. Made my day cause I usually don't eat fruit even though it's healthy for me. In conclusion, not to mention the kitchen staff would be neglecting a great bunch of gals who were most attentive to answering questions and keeping food stocked. Only once did I venture into kitchen to report that bread tray needed filled and of course was told I wasn't allowed in their area. I would highly recommend this exceptionally peaceful place with a very short walk to downtown Campbell and a huge variety of restaurants.

• King Bedroom

We stayed for two weeks due to a death in the family. EVERYONE on staff were friendly, accommodating...in fact they couldn't do enough for us, all we had to do was ask. The beds were very comfortable...a chair was added to our room when we asked...the breakfast was outstanding...my nephew stayed there as well at our request and was just as pleased as we were...pricing was excellent for the clean, tasteful and roomy accommodations!! please print this under your reviews for this hotel and staff!!

The location worked out well for our purpose
    • King Bedroom

The Bathroom floor could have been cleaner

Surprisingly quiet,...a plus The bed was comfortable,...a plus The parking was close to room,...a plus The water got hot quickly,...a plus Close to downtown Campbell,...a plus

My first room was quit noisy due to the close distance to...
    • King Bedroom

My first room was quit noisy due to the close distance to the highway. However, after asking at the front desk, I could change the room without any problem what I highly appreciated.

Definitely not worth the $250 a night.
    • King Bedroom

Definitely not worth the $250 a night - they're obviously joining the bandwagon of "silicon valley" and raising the price because its "silicon valley" (which means you pay a lot and get a little). The same hotel in a smaller town would be $89 a night. Looks like nothing has been updated since the 1980s. Door to room didn't close all the way (I could see light and feel cold air coming in). Street is very noisy if you have a room near the front of the hotel.

Location is good. Nice walk to downtown Campbell or Pruneyard.

for the money the hotel was decent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

for the money the hotel was decent. Not a great place for women traveling alone. Outside doors, security is lacking - mediocre hotel. However for 179, it is what you can expect. The staff was less than accommodating, there are no facilities on site (like a place where you can get a snack if you arrive late). A better option is the "Town Suites across the street ). :)

Won't be coming back
    • King Bedroom

This inn is very old and dated. Cheap furniture, scratched, chipped-1980's old. Drapes faded, lamps rusted, we would have left if we had other accommodations to choose from. These rooms need major renovation for the price charged.

Very clean, Beds were comfortable and the breakfast had a good variety of options New til in bathroom,

It was in Campbell.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel prices for run down motel lodging. The bathroom faucet unit was loose and leaking. There was a quarter size hole in the wall behind a headboard. The pillows were miniature - smaller than standard size. The lounge chair was so old it was stained from over use. The TV had basic analog service with a fuzzy picture. And the bathroom toilet was tiny, the shower was ancient and the area around the bathroom door handle was dirty form apparent over use! All of this for $225+ per night.

It was in Campbell. The front desk staff was nice.

Decent no frills motel with good breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some little things were anoying. Like no trash can in bathroom, too short shower curtain. Also previous guests (I assume) left a message on the mirror "U R Di**head", which was seen when mirror got foggy. I found it amusing, but it means it wasn't cleaned.

Breakfast is as good as any in US hotels.

The bed was extremely comfortable and our room was a...
    • King Bedroom

Breakfast could have had more variety instead of the same dishes every day. Maybe mix it up a bit on the hot items.

The bed was extremely comfortable and our room was a fantastic size. Don't know if it was handicap accessible, but it was very roomy with a two head shower.

Nice Place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clean well kept property. Comfy beds and good breakfast. Had a problem with another guest being loud and obnoxious, but the staff took care of the problem. Friendly tentative staff.

everything else was great
    • King Bedroom

I was apalled after finding two very old coffee pouches in the water tank of the in room coffee pot. They appeared to have been there for quite some time. Thick black sludge in container.

good

LOVE CAMPBELL INN

every thing is great at CAMPBELL INN, What is not to like

everything was excellent at CAMPBELL INN, that is where i will be staying every time i go to san jose ca

Wonderful two days stay!
    • King Bedroom

Excellent location, walking distance to downtown Campbell, Los Gatos trail was just outside the door. Area was safe for walking. Excellent restaurants, short walking distance to the bus stop, where the bus took us to San Jose rose garden. Very good breakfast, huge sparkling clean bathroom, nice quiet room. Highly recommended!

Clean room and friendly staff
    • King Bedroom

Their is no on site workout facility. Rather, the hotel has a membership deal worked out with a gym a few minutes from the hotel. It's not the end of the world, but it would be more convenient to have a facility on the property.

Though the facility is not the most modern or up-to-date, the room was very clean and everything was well kept. The staff was very friendly and help and the location was close to the freeway and several restaurants.

it was a pleasant place to stay.
    • King Bedroom

The internet didn't work most of the time.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good! The location was excellent, close to a walking trail, shopping and excellent restaurants.

The location and that the room was very quiet even with it...
    • King Bedroom

The walkways need some repair. Paint peeling off. Our door handle was lose and the security bolt would not release on its own, which when engaged could not leave the room quickly in case of a fire or other emergency. We did notify front staff. On stairs with no smoking sign you could smell smoke. Could have more accessible power outlets for cell phones.

The location and that the room was very quiet even with it being right next to the freeway. Shower had an excellent spray head and the water heated up fast. Also, the bed was very comfortable. Air Conditioner was fairly quietly and worked very well.

A nice place but don't assume they have issued/received your confirmation.
    • King Bedroom

When my sister and I arrived at the hotel, the front desk had no record of our Booking.com reservations even though I was holding a printed confirmation. Fortunately, they still had space available and honored our on-line price. I don't know if this was a hotel glitch or Booking.com failure.

We like this hotel, but will not pay the huge increase in price.
    • King Bedroom

I was disappointed on how the cost at this hotel keeps going up over the past 6 months, even though we have stayed there several times.

Location close to town. Centrally located.

The place for my family fix.
    • King Bedroom

Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Missed the coffee pot in room.

We stay here most every time that we travel to San Jose to see family. We did not get to enjoy the breakfasts, but, always got our coffee on the go. Will see you in the future. Hopefully, your prices will stay reasonable.

Overall great choice
    • King Bedroom

The guy in the morning who checked me in. Wish I would have got his name.

The bed was so comfortable I almost over slept. Make sure you set your alarm. The evening staff was very nice. Didn't really like the morning staff, some older guy to be exact. The breakfast was delicious and even though I didn't use the Wi-Fi it was available. Overall great place to book a room.

Great place to stay if visiting Campbell.
    • King Bedroom

Rooms a little date but not bad.

Great location near bike path and mall and downtown Campbell. Decent breakfast and pool and good rate for the area. Great farmers market on Sunday morning.

We did not get the handicap accessible room we requested
    • King Bedroom

We did not get the handicap accessible room we requested In the future we will deal directly with the property not booking.com Breakfast mediocre at best Pool way too warm and flocks of pigeons made it unpleasant Very few amenities but bed was very comfortable Rooms not made up until afternoon Needed a location close to home due to remodeling

Would stay here again.
    • King Bedroom

The room was spacious, mattress was firm, very clean bathroom. Within walking distance to historic downtown Campbell in one direction, and restaurants/shopping center in the other. Hotel is situated next to the freeway, but we did not hear any freeway noise in our room. The pool area was nice with lots of tables, seating and loungers. The breakfast was great. Lots of hot and cold choices. Eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bread, bagels, sweet rolls, selection of cold cereals, yogurt, cut up fruit, granola, pancakes. Close driving distance to Winchester Mysyery House, which was the purpose of our visit.

Great location at an acceptable price
    • King Bedroom

The room air conditioner turned on and off quite a bit, so we finally just put the fan on low and there was a small hum coming from either the refrigerator or microwave, which at first was quite annoying - but apparently not enough to keep us from having three good nights sleep.

Absolute great location to downtown Campbell and all the awesome restaurants - all within walking distance. Wonderful staff at the front desk and housekeeping was excellent as well. The facility may not be brand new, but it was clean and more than acceptable. The pool and inground hot tub were an added bonus. Even the wifi was acceptable. Breakfast was more than adequate.

HOT
    • King Bedroom

WATER LEAK ON BATHROOM FLOOR. Doors aren't properly fit. Came home at 10 pm to find the front door wide open. Apparently you have to slam it very hard for the lock to work.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

the friendliness and helpful attitude of staff, the location...
    • King Bedroom

The bed could have been slightly cushier. Even so, it wasn't a big dfeal and did not interfere with a good night's sleep. A little more flexibility with late check out option would have been appreciated.

the friendliness and helpful attitude of staff, the location was within easy walk to the Pruneyard (eating banking, shopping; too bad they closed down the movie theater bc I could have even gone to a matinee show), a great breakfast buffet with choice of pancakes, sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, English muffin (and toaster), a zillion condiments, yogurt, delicious fresh cantaloupe, watermelon, cut orange wedges, wonderful selection of hot and cold juices and beverages), computer stations, printer and fax; even downtown Campbell was walkable (many small shops and eatery options). I totally disagree w/a review sho said this was similar to a Motel 6.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Breakfast was outstanding!
    • King Bedroom

Service--I had to ask twice for an extra blanket, and when the man finally showed up he brought sheets instead of a blanket.

Breakfast was outstanding!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nice attempt by owners but it's time to start over
    • King Bedroom

Hotel is trying hard to make the best of an old style 1950s renovated property. It's ok but showing age and really needs the feedback of an unbiased focus group. Would not stay here again. My door was warped so the purple neon lights kept bleeding through the gaps. Made me feel I was in a low rent area. Furniture is worn a bit Bed a bit saggy Crowd at the pool extremely loud and drunk. Broken whiskey bottles visible from breakfast area.

Great shopping mall walking distance with major restaurant brands. Campbell is a nice town. Free breakfast was good. For the price it was great compared to local big brand hotels.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

An okay hotel; rooms and exterior could use some TLC
    • King Bedroom

Location just off a busy road, so depending on room placement, can be a bit noisy. Furnishings, carpet, bathrooms, etc., were all dated and could stand refurbishment. Our room smelled a bit musty, too. I was a bit surprised by the dated quality, given that our room cost almost $200 USD/night. Then again, all the more upscale hotels in Silicon Valley are much more ridiculously priced, so by SV standards, it's a bargain.

Breakfast was good, with a nice array of choices. Kind of stunned they use styrofoam plates and coffee cups, though. Horrible from an environmental standpoint, when paper would also work fine. Beds were comfortable. We didn't interact much with staff, but the couple people I spoke to were nice and professional. My son used the pool and hot tub, which were both fine.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Convenient - With a Twist
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is a no frills hotel that is in need of updating their rooms. All the furniture in my room was as old as the hotel, peach/pink walls, and art work that could have be obtained by the local Five-n-Dime. Management of mid-term or long-term occupants (mainly blue collar workers with projects in San Jose) in terms of parking their vehicles and smoking locations would be an outstanding first step.

Location to the downtown area, major restaurant chains, and the Los Gatos Creek Trail (for jogging) was incredible.

I think not....
    • King Bedroom

Avoid at all costs...too damn loud between the kids in the pool until 2 am and the traffic from the highway. Place is worn and dated and I would not stay here again. Good location near downtown Campbell but will return.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Stay here ONLY if there is NO other place available
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

50% of the outlets didn't work. One sink was clogged. The sheets were so bleached, they irritated my skin. HARD, painful beds. Couldn't pay with cash for the stay, despite having credit cards for "incidentals." No such thing as a quiet room here either. 2-night stay and the room never did get cleaned.

Good black out curtains.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Breakfast hours were convenient/accommodating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mattresses were sagging (Rm 205). Should be replaced. Hand and wash towels were in short supply. Had to ask for more every day. Toilet size was regular, elongated bowl is what we are used to.

Breakfast hours were convenient/accommodating. Quality of towels was very good.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Find another place to stay
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Not a good value for the money. Staff was cold and uninviting. Hotel is very dated and that makes it come off as dirty. My bathroom sink dripped all night long and the light above the shower wouldn't turn on. I would not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The breakfast was fantastic, such a choice of yummy goodies...
    • King Bedroom

The AC did not work as well as I need it to do so. I like to sleep with the fan running as a white noise and I like a very cool room.

The breakfast was fantastic, such a choice of yummy goodies every morning. The bed was super comfy. The hot tub was used every night. So quiet and lot's of plants, a little oasis and I felt very secure by myself.

Gone downhill over the years. Used to be great.
    • King Bedroom

Lots of deferred maintenance. Lumpy old foam pillows. Only 2 hangers in room and no extra available. No extra blankets in room. Cracked hair dryer. Had to hold button down to make it work and it kept cutting out. Went out and bought my own to use. No accommodation to check in at 2:15 instead of 3 PM. Told to come back. Would not even allow check in and ability to pick up keys later. Would not process any paperwork before 3 PM. Stayed here many times in the last ten years but after this last stay, will probably switch to another hotel next time.

Breakfast offerings are better than most hotels serve. Finally replaced old grungy carpets.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great staff, great breakfast, comfy rooms. Within walking distance to downtown Campbell.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Tried to re-heat some food but the microwave did not work.

Excellent continental breakfast buffet. Beats out higher priced 4 star hotels. Rooms were nice and beds are very comfortable. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Close to Good Samaritan Hospital
    • King Bedroom

There was a dead mouse on the walkway leading from the office to our room, in plain sight, and still there the next morning when we checked out.

Very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Room is spacious and good internet connection.
    • King Bedroom

It is a little bit tired and old fashioned. The breakfast is free, but the same every day, so gets a bit tiring.

Room is spacious and good internet connection. Walking distance to some nice restaurants.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Bedroom

Old buildings, property dated and too near freeway. Hassle getting out of parking lot as no left turn. Have to turn right than go to first lite and make left than U turn .

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

There was no HBO, Showtime, etc or where you could rent...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There was no HBO, Showtime, etc or where you could rent movies. I had called to front desk to ask if they had these channels, was put on hold for long time ended up hanging up because staff didn't know. Also wasn't charged the amount I was quoted oline.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

New management needed
    • King Bedroom

Non professionalism I am a Strategist at Google and use to tell our out of town employees and in town stay at Campbell inn great service not anymore

I have been staying here over ten years Off and on Never been treated with such disrespect I have always had my service dogs they know my dogs Was there from Monday dec 26 -12-30 I wrote in the special needs section of the orbit My home flooded and I just received my two puppies on dec 27 from the airport also If it was such a big deal why didn't they say something on dec 27 about the puppies? I was staying until Jan 8 then my contractor said he would be done w the mold clean up earlier So rebooked for only until Jan 1 leaving If the puppies were such a burden they could have told me on day one It is what it is So I stayed at my friends I lived in Campbell for 20 years I live in Saratoga now for 7 years Will never tell anyone of Campbell inn because of management And the staff has turned over so Much in two months The owner should now the quality of his employees Girl at front desk not her fault not trained and left alone she had only been there two days and knew nothing I get it someone is sick Manager no where to be found Another guest trying to check in too waiting over an half hour to get his key Just rude

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Breakfast is free and always good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Thermostat was hard to figure out and no directions posted. Have to turn out of motel going one way so we always have to go right and make a u turn on the next street to go the way we want. There is nothing the motel can do about that.

Breakfast is free and always good. Location is convenient. It was quiet. Computers available in lobby for us to use. All rooms are non smoking and have a refrig. & microwave. We need all those things.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Decent 3-Star hotel near San Jose
    • King Bedroom

The carpet in the room seemed pretty old/dirty and the freeway noise was louder than expected (ended up using earplugs to sleep).

Basic room w/ fridge and free breakfast. It was perfect for my visit since I wasn't spending lots of time in the room. The location was excellent - near Trader Joes as well as the Lightrail to get to downtown San Jose.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Holidays retreat. down from the mts.
    • King Bedroom

Campbell Inn is beginning to show wear. Time for painting & changing carpets.

location, breakfast, staff. Have stayed here since it first opened so many years ago. (off & on), and will continue to do so,.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

This hotel covers all your vacation needs
    • King Bedroom

Bed not firm enough. Really big pillows. I am not the kind of person that enjoys that. I prefer a firm mattress and a slim pillow

Breakfast is convenient. Room is spacious and clean. Kudos for having a microwave on the room. It is located on a very nice neighborhood and walking distance to restaurants, stores and nice Campbell downtown area.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Outdated and smells
    • King Bedroom

The rooms were not very nice. Beds were hard and it was very outdated. The room also smelled! We left the same night we checked in because we didn't feel comfortable staying there.

The location was good but that's about it.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Would not recommend starying here.
    • King Bedroom

There were people in the hot tub outside our room until 2 a.m. The management did little to stop the noise. We checked out 2 days early. The rooms are in dire need of an update. The bedding and furniture is very old and worn.

The location was good as was the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Bed location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

breakfast was awful; room needs refurbished

Bed location

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Nice room and quiet.
    • King Bedroom

The room was very nice. Bed was comfortable and warm. Easy parking and good location.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Everyone at the Campbell Inn is always friendly and helpful.
    • King Bedroom

I wish there was tea in the room as well as coffee!

Everyone at the Campbell Inn is always friendly and helpful.

Will never stay there again
    • King Bedroom

No running water in the sink TV was all snow you can get a clean picture me and my husband had to share one sink

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The breakfast was great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Office help could be more informed on local tourist attractions

The breakfast was great!

Nic breakfast selection

Nic breakfast selection

Perfect
    • King Bedroom

Very clean, comfortable, great value, location, HUGE shower!

• King Bedroom

Sounded like a drag race out in the street several times through the night.

Great breakfast

great clean place to stay

N/a

The breakfast in the morning was great, the staff and house keeping where fantastic

Room was beutiful
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I did not receive a totaled receipt

Room was beutiful

location is very close to downtown Campbell

location is very close to downtown Campbell

Breakfast fine & nice dining room.
    • King Bedroom

Shower in AM cool to lukewarm only, desired hot. Perhaps a non issue at another time.

Breakfast fine & nice dining room.

The breakfast.

The breakfast.

Nothing to write home about but decent and close to the airport.
    • King Bedroom

Very dated furniture and no outlets on the side of the bed.

Close to the airport.

Good value for money. Very clean. Helpful staff. Being right next to the freeway has pros and cons.
    • King Bedroom

One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in.

Convenient place to stay.
    • King Bedroom

The eggs were the kind with preservatives so I could not eat them. The bacon was really crisp, the way I like it.

Too dingy