Reviews of Canaan Village Inn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

6526 Appalachian Highway, Cortland, WV 26260, United States of America

#1 of 1 hotels in Cortland

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Not bad for a short stay

The bed was too soft and wouldn't be able to sleep well.

It was easy to find the location. Easy to find parking. Easy to check in and check out. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Comfort, Value, Pet friendly and close all the attractions.

I can't think of a thing I did not like.

It feels like you are family. The location and the price is excellent and I love that I can take my dog with me.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Convenient, very clean & truly pet friendly.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Overall just very shabby. The stuff that bothered me most was the poor lighting in parking area & entrance to unit. Lights inside unit also dim & the whole place was poorly lit. Also the door to the unit had no deadbolt or safety chain. This area is very quiet & there’s probably a very low risk overall. But as an often solo female traveler, these things are a huge factor in how I rate properties.

Convenient, very clean & truly pet friendly. Also probably one of the more cost efficient options in Canaan Valley.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Would stay here again, very comfy bed and quiet at night, nice staff.

A little bit old, some mold on shower handles, bathroom ceiling, not super modern. I debated whether to even mention this, its not like its supposed to be a four star hotel. Really can't complain much.

The bed was very comfortable, reminds me that I need a new one. Room had microwave and small fridge. Only a few miles down the road from Davis, Thomas, Dolly Sods. Convenience store across the street with Gas. Can't go wrong here.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

We had a good stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

An elevator and restaurant on site.

We enjoyed our stay. The only problem was no elevator. We stayed on 2nd floor. My wife and I are both disabled and this was a slight ploblem.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Great value for the money and excellent host/hostess
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The inn is a little dated. The bed was slightly uncomfortable and the bed springs were weak - made a lot of noise when you moved or turned around. There was insufficient light in my room. Also the apartment had a slight musty odor

The manager (owner) was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were good and we got an apartment with two bedrooms - for that price it was very good. the location was also excellent - we had made bookings late and most of the hotels were booked already for the fall color season.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Just for a stop over night

There is not a coffee machine in the room, the owner was nice and boiled some water for me so i can make some tea. The hotel is old and the room smells of dampness.

The oweners are nice. There is a small market across the hotel, for food.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed the area and will return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel generally is outdated and is in need of an update. The restaurant next door, not associated with hotel, is terrible. While the location is convenient - within walking distance - the food was terrible.

The room was comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Never again
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The pillow cases had blood on them had to ask for another set. There was NO A/C just a ceiling fan in the kitchen and 2 floor fans. No bolt on the door. Smelly towels. Especially the kitchen towel and dish cloth. Both had holes. My favorite was the band-aids that were used to fix the holes in the kitchen screen. The mini golf out front wasn't opened and was in very poor shape. None of this facility looked like the pictures we viewed (old pics). NEVER a do over for us or anyone looking for a recommendation.

Just the kitchenette and location

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Nice staff, very quiet and location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk has almost no lobby, no sitting area to stay, relax and chat with others. Wifi is horrible, almost useless. The windows are small, don’t open. When in the room, that means bedtime.

Nice staff, very quiet and location.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Comfy relaxing place

Nothing to say . All was perfect. Resturant around the hotel expensive ,so i advice to drive to Davis it is 5 mile and there is a supermarket cooking fresh food and mny gas stations prepering lovely pizza so safe your money. Oh one more thing be careful T-mobile network not working there (WV) so beter to have T&T network

You must know you going to canaan village for relaxing and enjoying the best weather and clean air so no 5 star hotels . Hotel super clean . Bed very comfy. Bathroom perfect. No bed bugs. Friendly stuff. Very safe . Price is perfect. Tv cable is great.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Long in the tooth

It was like you meet your date from date dot com. Her photo was in high school and when you meet her she has had a hard 60 years. Boards off the outside. Faded paint. Putt-putt course at hotel worn out. Place smelled musty. Wife says her allergies to mold made her eyes run. No air conditioning. Fans in every room. Chose this Inn based on its high Booking.com rating. Boy was I fooled.

Price was low. Staff was very accommodating. What was there, although long in the tooth, was clean.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Staff was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Need to fix the mini golf course and need to get fitted sheets that fit the beds plus they need to have someone there at night if they need something or someone to answer a phone of they call them for an emergency like we had

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Great place to stay on a budget, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Bed was too soft for me, but everyone is different. Like to play miniature golf, it's a shame that the one at the hotel is in dire need of repair.

Staff very friendly and knowledgeable about the area, room was extremely clean! This is the place to stay if all you need are basic hotel necessities.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

For the first time to this quite little town it was wonderful.

N/a

I like that fact I called the Inn on short notice to fine they have a few pet friendly rooms and one was available and for a $15 dollars more I could take my dog with me. The women at that counter was so friendly. We enjoyed going to see The Blackwater Falls.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

I will go again for sure. Beautifle place and lots to see in the area. Be sure to visit Davis.

All was good, no issues.

Great quiet location. A little tough to find as it did not show up on my Navigation on my car. Just look for Davis and it is easy to find from there. Great staff, clean room and comfy bed. Pet friendly for a small fee.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Simplistic, easy going place to stay when visiting the area. Much to do and see.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

property is somewhat dated, but very clean and comfortable. Planning to stay there again next time through the area.

Great location with restaurants and convenience store within walking distance. Great place to stay when motorcycling. Comfortable and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Very friendly atmosphere!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The days Samantha was off!! She was the best part of our stay! The mattresses need to be updated. They sink a little in the middle.

Samantha, the woman behind the counter who greeted us and made us feel like we were staying with out most favorite aunt!!! She answered all our questions, and there were a lot, printed us a map to the places we wanted to go!! She made our 8 year old granddaughter comfortable as well as our 15 yr old dog. She was the best manager I've ever encountered!! The room was super clean and nothing fancy which just made it more comfortable for us! She was off the last 2 days we were there so we missed saying goodbye to her, but she really made our stay most enjoyable!!

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Perfect for our needs - a place to stay the night while hiking in the area.

The hotel had experienced a flood and the fans in the hallway were noisy, but the staff did apologize profusely.

Last minute booking to spend a night while hiking in the area. Friendly staff, clean room, convenient location. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Excellent basic accommodations, with a couple of nice amenities. Great value and friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The corridors and to some degree the room overall has a bit of an "old" feel to it, and could use freshening up a bit. But the way in which towels, linens, and other things are kept, partially ade up for that.

The staff was very friendly. They had a problem with the water during the night due to a burst pipe (not their fault, and resolved quickly); they came by in the morning to make sure we were okay and to fill us in what had happened. We also got travel tips for coming European travel from a member of the staff in a casual conversation; not what you'd normally expect in the middle of West Virginia! Nice little fridge and microwave in room a plus.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Very enjoyable.

It was a very nice place to stay, staff was friendly, room was clean and very quiet at night. Bed was very comfortable, enjoyed our stay. We will stay there again some day..

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

This is perhaps the very best combinations of price, facilities, and cleanliness I have found!

For my purposes, nothing could have been better. I have stayed here 4 or 5 times over the last eight years, and this hotel is the one I always come back to.

A great location in Canaan Valley with two state parks, a federal wildlife refuge, and Dolly Sods and other wilderness areas within a 20 minute drive! There are unlimited hiking and mountain biking options in the immediate area. Breakfast was not included, but the rooms have excellent TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, and showers with hot water and good pressure. The owners and staff of this hotel have been here for many years and are great sources for information about this beautiful area. There is also a store with gas pumps, a Subway deli, groceries, and liquor, beer, and wine just across the road (a small road with light traffic) from the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Excellent service and great price.

We have stayed at Canaan Village Inn several times and every time we have stayed the Staff is always friendly and helpful and our rooms are always clean. They have fridge and microwave and coffee pot. We have stayed at more exspensive hotels and the service has been awful. I highly recommend this hotel. Great prices also.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Great value, good service, nice accommodations.

The mattress was too soft for me.

The room was a great value. It was quite large. The bathroom was a bit small; the sink and mirror were out in the main room. The mattress was too soft for me.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

I travel a lot and this was the best room I have stayed in

I loved everything

The staff was extremely nice and friendly. The room was very clean and bright. The view was gorgeous best room I have ever stayed in especially for the price

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Great cozy place just needs faster wifi

would like to see faster WiFi it was to slow to use my laptop for school work but besides that everything was great

it was clean...and lots of cable channels!

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Just what you need when exploring West Virginia
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing in particular. Everything was good!

This place has a beautiful and scenic location as it is surrounded by Monongahela National Forest with beautiful Blackwater Falls nearby. Comfortable beds, fridge, microwave oven and coffee maker in the room. Ample parking space right next to the building. Convenience store across the street. Very friendly staff!

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Great little place in a great location. Had a great weekend.

Amenities were minimal but didn't have any issues getting more of what they offered. No on site restaurant.

Comfy quiet little place to stay. Nothing flashy about it but that's fine by me. Great location. Close to so many activities.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Comfortable and easy access to Canaan Valley, Davis-Thomas, and all the mountain/forest nature areas
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Honestly, the only thing that was a little uncomfortable was that it was slightly too warm for sleeping - but that may be the fact that it's February so the heat was on, and it jumped from snowstorm to 70 degrees within a day.

We knew we were booking a basic motel type place, so we weren't expecting the Ritz. But, it was much better than a standard basic motel. It was really comfortable, really clean. Shower wasn't the most modern but the water pressure was among the best I have ever experienced in a hotel! There's a hair dryer, small fridge and a microwave. And a built in bottle opener, which we thought was really fun. Our wifi worked great. The front desk manager/owner - she was amazing. We came for snow and there wasn't really any, the weather did not cooperate. She gave us ideas and directions and places to go, and things to do that we could do if it rained, with the snow melted, etc., and where we could go to try to find snow. She was super helpful. We also really love the area. It's very close to a really yummy local pub and restaurant, and close to the ski areas and also to Davis and Thomas which are incredible fun small towns. It was also close enough to Seneca Rocks, Spruce Knob and the caverns. There's a mini-golf course on the premises too!

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Excellent, cozy, comfy & Warm!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We would had liked more information on what to do in the area, the hotel didn't really have any brochures, but we looked on line, free wifi & explored the area!

We were close to Everything! Skiing, the mountain & realized, cross country ski at the state park! We walked trails & then went skiing! Great Place, Location, there is a store/restaurant, right there, next to Hotel!

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

A glimpse from the ( remote) past

Very dated facility. Ridiculously small toilet seat( I am 6'4", 220 lbs) Bathroom with cracked ceiling, could use some plaster and a new paint job. Chair in kitchen with a nail sticking out.

Staff very friendly. Reasonably clean. Beds comfortable. Heating working well.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

will stay there next time I come to the area for professional ski clinics.

The AC/Heater wall unit thermostat was not working so it was either on hot or off hot. You couldn't regulate the temp.

The shower and the bed were outstanding. There's nothing better than a piping hot, strong water pressure shower after a hard day of skiing in very cold weather. Then to get into that incredibly comfy bed was a real treat.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Good size rooms.

A little pricey for what it is but then again all the hotels near the resorts are well overpriced during ski season.

Good size rooms. Pretty clean and comfortable, decent tv. Located just a few mins from the ski resorts and town center.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Great location, and very cozy! We had a wonderful stay!

Coffee was a little disappointing, the wifi in room is very slow.

Close to convenience store and restaurants. Equipped with fridge and microwave, and lots of other stuff.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

We were happy with our stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The whole staff from the front desk general manager to the cleaning lady were very friendly and helpful. The room were very clean and safe. It was very close to the restaurants and the ski slopes. Ideal places it you want convenience to the ski resort and not pay for premium room. Very affordable.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2017

It worked well for our purposes of skiing as a family. We were able to relax in the evenings.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The beds were not very comfortable.

Was perfect for family of four to stay in since it had a small tv room and kitchen. Very close to ski resorts in a beautiful setting.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

After a long day it was nice to come back to a warm and inviting place!

We liked everything!

Staff were so friendly and the beds were so comfortable! Great location! Easy parking and plenty of towels! Quiet and relaxing. We had such a good time and it was so nice to come back to a warm room and fantastic beds!

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

absolutelly not a two star hotel a terrible place to go i will not suggested to anyone

my wife and I we never seen a place so dirty, old with a bad smell in the room , in the middle of nothing, without any local restaurant or bars , everything was close . when we booked the room , booking com said that was the last two rooms left, absolutelly not trought when we arrived where many rooms avaiable ,after one hour we decided to go away but we could not find any one at the front desk, they all run away at 5 pm leaving the place completelly unattended. we left the keys at the empty reception and we went away anyhow looking for a better place to stay, unfortunatelly they kept our money !

absolutelly nothing

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Nice Host. Good value for the $.

Pillows were small. No breakfast. Lots of steps to rooms. Not many TV channels.

Room nice. Bed comfortable. Great to have a refrigerator & microwave. Good to have a convenience store across the street. Restaurants close. Nice location. Missed playing mini golf due to rain.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

It was a good clean place to stay with great water pressure.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was super fluffy, which is normally good but my husband weighs more than me and I felt like the bed was on a tilt...

We didn't eat at the restaurant

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

OK. I got in late and left early. But needs some infrastructure work.

In the morning awful rust water came out of the cold water tap along with rust particles. I had to let the water run for a minute or more until it ran clear. Even then I wasn't sure I should drink it

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

Enjoyed our stay very much.

There really was nothing to complain about for us.

The staff was wonderful. Had lots of good laughs together and they made us feel like we were home. The room as very clean. Just comfortable to sleep and relax in our room. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Very quite.

I prefer the bathroom to be all in one room but the sink was outside in the room and the shower and toilet was in a room of there own. The room was large enough for it to be all in the same space but other than that it was great

Very quite. Very clean. Wonderful staff

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Lots of room, set up as a suite for 4, with kitchenette...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Only two of us and a small, hypoallergenic dog. Only room available for us was for 4. Extra charges for the dog, although it doesn't shed hair (my allergies).

Lots of room, set up as a suite for 4, with kitchenette space. Would be a comfortable way for a family with kids or friends traveling together. Staff & owner were friendly.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

Great place to stay if your not looking for the Hamilton.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Place needs some updating. No air conditioning but it was cool out at night and each room had a fan available to use.

Was a quiet stay, friendly staff. Plenty of room for a family of 4. Location is great. Restaurant next door and 24 hr store across the street.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Love Canaan Valley and all it has to offer!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The AC was not the best, but it is much cooler in that area, so it was not a big deal.

The beds were amazingly soft and the room was extremely clean. The staff was super friendly. We had two great days there visiting Canaan on motorcycles with friends. We will visit again.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

GREAT!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The workers in the surrounding business'. Especially the gas station/store across the street. VERY RUDE young man worked there. And the girl working at the pizza place in the same area, was very put out to be taking our take out order.....which was cold and half way cooked anyway. I would stay there again for the simple fact of having pets, and the workers at the Inn.

The lady running the desk, was WONDERFUL! Turns out she has family from where we live, so she was easy to talk to. But her overall personality and recommendations were great!

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

This was a very relaxing and perfect stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Perfect accommodations for the price. Clean. The staff is super friendly and you are made to feel very welcome. Staff familiar with the area. Perfect stay.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Conveniently located within walking distance of restaurants. Short drive to Canaan and Blackwater state parks.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Cheap, but you get what you pay for

There was very little water pressure in the shower, there was odd noises during the night that sounded like a drip from upstairs though there was no water dripping that we could see, and the walls are very thin. The decor is dated but we knew that when we booked.

It was close to a number of area attractions Ndnit allowed dogs

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Great location, great value for your money!

The location of this property is perfect! It's about 45 minutes away from Dolly Sods, and 20 minutes from Blackwater Falls. It's a great value for your money AND you get to bring your furbaby with you! If you're looking for a 5 star hotel, this isn't the place for you. It is an older property, but it is CLEAN and the staff was very friendly. We will be staying here again!

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

room was clean and good value, Booking.com mislead us about breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

on Booking,com it was stated free breakfast, on my confirmation stated free breakfast, the establishment does not offer breakfast, no kitchen on premises

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Beautiful Area, Reasonable Price
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Musty smell in the living room and kitchen area (not in bedrooms that I noticed), which disappeared when fans were on. TV wand was very complicated (perhaps because we were not used to direct tv; we have cable). However, a staff member came right away and spent time showing us how to work it to our satisfaction. (Although, we could not figure out the volume control, so we had to go over to the screen.) Did not come to refresh the rooms after the first night of a two night stay.

Originally planning to stay in Elkins, but happy that we chose to go the extra 20 miles. Spacious two bedroom suite with living area and kitchen with silverware, glassware and dishes. Beds comfortable. Even though (as reservation noted) there was no breakfast offered, there was a 24 hour "mart" with good coffee and a Subway, that had a breakfast menu for a decent rate (we split a 12" sub). Great selection of TV stations due to direct dish.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

The Rainbow was beautiful!

This is an older motel without a lot of frills. The mini golf shows need of repairs. It is a good place to use as a base for sight seeing.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Amelia's Restaurant which was within easy driving distance serves a wonderful home cooked breakfast. Although the motel is along the main road, it was quiet. Our room was very clean and spacious. Coffee is available at the front desk. There was a thunder storm in the evening and we saw a beautiful rainbow.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Price can't be beat.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner could have been a little colder. Bed was pretty soft, but okay. No breakfast within walking distance, except Subway.

Price can't be beat. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

I would definitely stay here again. Excellent price and location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The inn was close to all the places we were visiting. Staff was extra friendly. We had an issue with the toilet leaking, and the desk worker came immediately and repaired the leak.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Staff friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Group of bikers staying there. They were drinking and smoking and partying the whole evening in front of the entrance. Felt it was not fair to other guests who may have wanted to sit out front of the motel.

Staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Great value for the money, perfect location for me, staff...

I wish the windows could open. Both nights were cool and breezy, and I would have liked to feel fresh air vs. have my A/C running all night long. Re the lighting, I don't like florescent light on my face in the morning (personal preference).

Great value for the money, perfect location for me, staff was welcoming and efficient.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Clean and Comfortable

Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Bathroom was just the right size. Wi-Fi was a bit weak but then that could be from the remoteness of the area. This hotel does not have breakfast but there are a few restaurants very close by that serve an excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Quaint, Friendly, Country
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a quaint experience. Spacious rooms for a super price. Staff was beyond welcoming. My kids loved it too. Mini golf was fun. The location was absolutely gorgeous.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

Worth the money saved.

AC wasn't great. The room had a smoke odor even though it is non-smoking hotel.

Staff was friendly. Good value. Cost half of what other rooms in the area charged.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

Very friendly staff!

Air conditioner didn't work good! That's the only thing they need to update!

Very friendly staff!! They made you feel like family and that they've known you forever!! I loved the original feel and look!! And it was so cool that they still use motel keys instead of a credit card to unlock your door!!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2017

Hospitality

Staff was amazing. My best girl and I visited Presidents Day weekend. Great accommodations. Located 5-10 from Canaan ski and Timberline. Definitely a place we will re-visit .

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

If you want to be treated right, stay here!

The bed was a bit soft for me but I'm sure others love it.

The staff are wonderful! This was our first trip to Canaan valley and we will definitely be returning!

• Reviewed: March 12, 2017

Nice stay!

Wifi wasn't very reliable, but it wasn't a big deal. Tv also had parental controls set up and we couldn't figure out how to turn them off to watch shows such as South Park.

The bed was comfy, and the room was very clean! It was very cold & snowing when we stayed, but the heater did a great job at keeping the room warm.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2017

Close to Davis, Canaan Valley and Timberlyne Ski Slopes.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The facilities are old and worn. The place needs updating. There are no extra amenities such laundry, fitness center, common area. Walkways and parking lot were not cleared of snow even after 24 hours after it had stopped snowing.

Close to Davis, Canaan Valley and Timberlyne Ski Slopes. The beds and pillow were comfortable and made for a good nights sleep. It is clean and great if you are looking just for a place to sleep after being on the slopes and a night at the bar.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Great people, Great locaton

Everything was great. If I had to be picky, a little larger TV would be nice.

The staff was friendly and the location was great for my needs. Excellent deal for the cost. The room was very nice. Very quiet and relaxing. Store and subway shop right across the street. 5-minute drive to ski hills.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2017

Staff very friendly & helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mattress was like soft jello.

Staff very friendly & helpful. Room served it's purpose. Small but clean. Good location a few minutes from resorts. Walk to store & restaurants.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

Comfy and Cozy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel manager could not have been more accommodating and friendly! What a warm welcome we received! She went out of her way to make certain all of our needs were taken care of. Will definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Comfortable stay but cleanliness is an issue
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The house had a bad odor when we first entered and we had to purchase air freshener to make it bearable. There must be stagnant water somewhere in the house that caused the odor. I felt that the chalet could have been cleaner upon arrival and my fears were confirmed when I found a roach in the kitchen the following morning. This will be the reason why we wouldn't stay here again.

We stayed in the chalet house which has 4 bedrooms and basically 1 full bathroom since there is only 1 shower and 1 tub. The beds were comfortable and the living space was very accommodating. There are 2 double beds in 1 room, 1 King bed in another room, and a double bed in each bedroom. One of the sofa's also folds out to a queen. Directv is also offered with the basic package. Full kitchen was helpful but the cooking supplies were limited. We were able to cook breakfast in the morning (only stayed 1 night) which was very convenient. The hotel is only 5 mins from Timberline resort.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Friendly staff and very accommodating.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

This may not be an apples to apples review. We were offered to stay in their Chalet since we had 2 families. The Chalet was large, had a big kitchen and 4 bedrooms. While it was good to all be together, the Chalet is in a definite need of an upgrade. It looks like the hotel rooms are a bit nicer.

Friendly staff and very accommodating. Walking distance to general store and restaurants.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2017

Very clean, cleaner than major hotels staff.

Too outdated for us. Wifi very slow. Nothing close for eating or shopping. Ski resorts that were close very small and you had to drive.

Very clean, cleaner than major hotels staff. was very nice.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

The owners are amazing.

The owners are amazing. The place is clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Exceeded expectations and a great value for the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Second bed was to close to the air cond/heater blocking airflow. Unit kick on and off every 10 minutes all night.

Location from Blackwater Falls.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018