Reviews of Candlewood Suites Hotel 3 stars

4034 South Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89169, USA

#48 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Further out from the strip than expected. Fridge was really noisy and kept us awake. As well as the staff member hoovering outside our room at 7am. Although the room was a non-smoking room the bathroom had an awful smell of smoke.

WiFi was good. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Room was clean enough. The pool area was small but really quiet so it was great. Kitchen was useful.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool is so cold and shower water pressure is horrible at least in room 437 where we were. Rooms are a great size, could use more blankets for pull out couch and more towels.

Walking distance to everything. Lots of food options around hotel. Friendly staff.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

No airport shuttle even for the short distance.

The location is perfect for so many reasons. Between fast food and elegant restaurants. Grocery stores and convenience stores.

Location is a bit far from strip- around 30 min walking. Airco and fridge produced a lot of noise in the room- we couldn’t sleep.

The room was clean. I Liked the layout of 2 separate rooms. Free parking.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Room was nice and clean which is first thing we look for and the bed was really comfortable and so were the pillows! Finally a hotel that got it right. The staff was friendly, very efficient.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The website did not say it was an extended stay so we did not have room service, we had to physically take our towels downstairs to exchange, the jacuzzi did not work and they didn't have breakfast.

The room was nice,the location was good.

Loved the pool and hot tub! The staff was able to check us in hours early and still get us a room close to the pool. No parties or smoking policy made our stay SO much better. We also loved having the kitchenette - it was so nice!

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

No business center...just a computer in the lobby. Everyone could see the screen no privacy. Printer did not work.

Room was updated. Bed was comfortable. Quieter than I expected. Karen was great. She tried her best to help print my boarding pass when the printer in the supposed business center was down

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Our room has a connecting door to the room next door and luckily my friend was in that room because she just simply walked right through into my room! That's a major security issue! Also housekeeping left a spray bottle of some sort and it was between the two rooms. All in all the place felt dirty, and the older man working at night shift was so grumpy ☹️

Nothing really

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room had a very unpleasant odor. Like it was musty or moldy. Maybe a smoking room in which they tried to cover up the smell of smoke or maybe old AC filter needing to be changed. It was not a nice smell. We were so tired we opened the windows, turned down the air and went to bed.

The location was very nice. close to the airport.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

I wish they would have had a breakfast

Nice helpful staff. Very nice clean room. very comfortable beds. Quite didn't hear any outside noise at all. Well lit free parking and great location with lots of place around to eat.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Pool / jacuzzi area very small and jacuzzi broken when we went.

Nice and close to the strip (20 mins walk or short bus ride). Really good in-room facilities, comfy bed and on-site shop with some food / DVDs for hire plus on site laundry facility is very handy.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

A little bit of a hike to the strip (15 mins) that would be a killer in the summertime. The property could do with a refurbishment but the property was clean.

Clean and tidy with a kitchenette which was handy. Free laundry facilities and a gym.

Location is near the airport so sometimes jet noise if they are routing them over the hotel - but any hotel in the area is going to get that. Really not much to not like!

Facility was good, clean and pantry stocked. Coffee was hot and always available. Wifi was better this stay than 2 years ago! Staff is ok, but had some issues on my coworker getting the right room when he tried to check in. They were resolved by the morning staff.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sofa in lounge was very firm and not very comfortable

The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The bed was very comfortable. The small shop provided essential groceries at a reasonable price.

Upon arrival I was told by the front desk that I would have to pay an additional $50 refundable fee but nothing on your site said anything about this fee & I had just had enough money to pay for the room. I had to use my travel money. The customer service here is horrible. I heard at the desk when paying for the fee that another customer was having issues with this place taking their money too. I had what's called IHG rewards but this place wouldn't let me use them because I went through a 3rd party but it doesn't say that on the site.

The desk clerk that works 3p-11p was probably the nicest out of all the staff.

• Standard Suite

They are doing some renovations right now which is good but there is some noise.

Staff is great! Janelle was very helpful when we wanted to switch to a bigger room. Rooms are clean and well equipped with the essentials for an extended stay. Location is great if you want to be a bit off the strip, no charge for parking and no resort fees.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything could have been better. Nothing but the mattress was any good.

I was extremely disappointed with this property from the moment we arrived. The lobby looks like a prison. The hallways are dingy, the floor is coming up in the elevator and the carpets all over are worn and stained. The furniture in the room was beat up and scratched and I had requested a room with two queens but got instead a room with a horrible sofa bed that couldn't be used. This property is terrible and I would not recommend it. I don't know how anyone could have rated it "excellent."

• Deluxe Suite

The only problem I faced was that we booked a smoking suite but we were told that all the rooms in the hotel are non-smoking

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were also impressed with how clean and fully equipped the room was. Definitely would book there next time

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The room is oldish. The airco is very noisy. Pretty far from the strip. Much too expensive for what is offering.

Parking available on site. Staff were friendly.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

It was great value and we would be happy to stay there again, but we might not purely because of the distance.

Never walked into a hotel before and been welcomed by name before I even checked in. Ok we had advised them we would be checking in near to midnight but it was still a nice touch. Staff were very friendly. We found the room to be excellent clean comfortable and roomy with a full kitchen included. Really nice room for 1/2 the price of a hotel 'on strip', and that's the catch, the hotel is a 20 minute walk from the strip.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool setting was surrounded by parking lots with no privacy. It would be nice to see some privacy lattice/greenery of some sort to provide more of a sheltered and private pool area. It was clean but not that visually appealing.

The size of the room was very good. The kitchen was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They accommodated us to check in early with a slightly different room layout than we booked but that was fine. The room, hotel and pool area were very clean. The pool had debris in it at times but it was very windy! I saw the staff clean the pool and hot tub every day. Not a bad 20 minute walk to the strip either direction you go!

No complains !

Room facilities, laundry,breakfast items availability in lobby, staff,location of hotel, many restaurants in walking distance. Need uber to get to strip in warm weather but still prefer for the peace and quiet atmosphere.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The first room, did not have a freshness (smell) about it.

Size of room and location of facility.....especially the friendliness and care of the staff to make sure we were satisfied with the room, before and after change.

Everything was great.

The rooms were really big and super clean. We fell in love with the beds super comfortable made it hard for us to get up. We will definitely come back next time we are in Vegas!

Elevators are a little hot, don't think there is a/c in them but obviously didn't spend a lot of time in them so not a big deal

Loves our stay at the Candlewood!!! Cant imagine staying anywhere else in Vegas. Only about a $6 uber to the strip. Loved the kitchenette in our room and the snack room in the lobby!!

• Deluxe Suite

I didn't like that I couldn't use a meeting room for a dinner party it, was booked for over three months.

The staff was very courteous and accommodating and make sure that customers were pleased. Laundry facility was also a bonus.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Between 10 pm and 1:45 am a loud music beside my room. And staff didn't do anything. They didn't change my room, I've asked about, but not. It was worst night.

Room

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

This property is in a great location within walking distance of everything i was a little sceptical about booking it because it wasnt one of las vegas major hotels and not on the strip but the pctures were nice 😊but we all know pictures can be deceiving so upon arrival the first thing i noticed was how clean everything was and smelled and the staff was super friendly and helpful checkin was amazingly smooth quick and easy we arrived several hours early before check in and the hotel wasted no time in getting us checked in and comfortable everything about this hotel was accomadating they are an extendes stay so they dont clean your room unless u request it 😒 but that wasnt major i would defenitly stay here again

• Deluxe Suite

I love the bathroom but the tub had a rusty stain going down the wall and the faucet leaks.. The carpet need to be vacuumed

The room was pretty clean, the bed was comfy. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes and the fridge was cold..I didn't get a chance to use it but it looked great

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

No complaints

The room look exactly like the online pictures and the price was excellent for what you get. The room was spacious , bed was very comfortable and the kitchen had everything that i needed to cook with. I will definitely be back again.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Just the bed .

Great room for a reasonable price, 20 mint to the strip , bed was somewhat uncomfortable for me but other then that we really like the room. Also the door in the bathroom wouldn't close easily but it was not a big deal.. I like that it has a pool and the neighborhood seem pretty decent .. bunch of places close by to eat too and I love that it has a nice fridge , microwave , plates and all that basic stuff u need to make a quick meal or reheat food .

Had reservations for 2 rooms and the person checking us in made no effort to keep rooms close to each other, in fact they ended up being on different floors as well as opposite sides of the hotel. Went back an hour later and a different person was nice enough to get us on same floor and down the hall from our daughters room

Rooms were very comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

They were doing maintenance on the bathroom sink next door that was connected to ours and clogged the sink the first night. But was fixed the next two nights.

We had a very nice stay here! Beds were so comfy. Plenty of stores around. We had the suite at the end of the 4th floor which was perfect for a group of travelers that were the age from 22 to 25. Would totally stay again.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Standard Suite

They need to make room more modern or fancy. Also, need to put water bottle, toothpaste, handwasher etc for guests.

Hotel was so clean and well organized. Room has included refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, etc. It was a pleasant trip for us.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

I larger coffee pot would have been nice. I saw you had one we could have checked out but we made due with the one that came with the room. Very very minor issue.

The layout of the room was nice. The staff was very friendly. I like the the idea of the pantry but didn't buy anything. We came to Las Vegas to see Celine Dione but her concert was canceled so we borrowed a couple of movies which was very convenient. It was a very nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Standard Suite

Bathroom floor was a little dirty looks like they could have cleaned and mopped better!

Staff was awesome gave us upgrade to our room and they were all really friendly!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The strong smell in the room and in the hallways. At first I thought it's the smell of a cigarette but my bf said it's not cigarettes, it's the cleaning supplies they use. I'm pregnant and my sense of smell is really sensitive right now so I think that's why the smell really bothered me a lot.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

No room cleaning, and coffee ran out in the lobby early in the morning so we could not get naymore for the rrom.

Convenience to strip, the special price we received, the room amenities, the parking convenience close to room, and coffee in the room.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only complaint I have is people smoking right outside of hotel. I wish there was a designated smoking "garden" a little distance from rooms. Smoke traveled up from people smoking next to building and into air conditioning unit. At times our room smelled smoky.

The staff and hotel was wonderful! Rooms were nice, roomy and homelike. Our children felt at home and were very pleased with the room and our stay.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Standard Suite

The pool was very dirty. Bugs and leafs were floating everywhere which made me scared to dip my head under water. Also didnt want bugs on my skin getting out. That messed up my whole week because i couldn't get in the pool definitely with the weather being really hot.

I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!! Everything was exactly how the website describe it to be. The staff was so amazing. Love the full kitchen. Room was very clean. Felt like home

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel doesn't offer a role away bed if you need it, but will give you lots of blankets

very good and comfy hotel with friendly and helpful staff. if you needed an extra pan or rice cooker or even a board game you could borrow free of charge. laundry and dryer was free too. the location about 20 minutes away from the Strip which means it was away from all the noise and traffic.

• Standard Suite

Worst hotel experience ever. Manager actually gave a key to my room to perso who was not listed as a guest on my room. When confronted the manager Tiffany told me yes she did this because the person had been in my room the night before! What a joke! Illegal!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The place could use a little more cleaning, hallways was dirty trash was full not picked up

The staff was excellent and helpful , Timothy at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The gym was very small with a little amount of machines inside. The pool was dirty and i also has stains on my comforter set upon arrival. My room wasnt ready upon arrival either.

The full kitchen with a full refrigerator. It also had pots and other dishes to fulfill our needs.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Deluxe Suite

Had an issue with my shower, no hot water, and then knob completely went out. However it was fixed the next day... so one cold shower... but staff was extremely helpful

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

One of the better hotel I have experienced when in Vegas. Clean , friendly and helpful staff and great value for money. Great location.Will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to others.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Although the beds were upgraded during our stay they were still very firm but overall I was pleased

We liked that they had a DVD player in the room and loaned dvds out at the front desk. They had free laundry which is a plus when u have small kiddos. The pool was basic but nice and having a kitchen was awesome. I loved that u didn't have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom and that they had so much storage.this will be our go to hotel from now on when we visit. Was close to Walmart,toys r us, and the strip.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was not comfortable for teen aged daughters as compared to for example Desert Paradise Resort by Diamond where we stayed on another night, but fully appreciate price point difference. Size of room was adequate but small in comparison with above mentioned alternative which is important for family travellers Pool outside was very small, but...

Separate

• Queen Studio Suite - Disability Access Tub/ Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't clean properly feces on toilet

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Loved everything stay here every time staff was so friendly thank you

*No shuttle service

*Staff was friendly *Free parking.

Great!

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Not enough toilet paper, although you can just ask at the front desk and get more.

No resort fees!

Nothing..

Very clean..and close

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Great place, very friendly and helpful staff.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Everything, and the people at the front desk, have beautiful and helpful personalities.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The quietness and the location.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Friendly, helpful staff. Unit was clean and stocked with everything we could have needed. Will stay there again & recommend to others.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed very comfortable, the room is perfect for partner or alone, the place is quiet and feel so safe.😊👍🏻

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

It was a great experience overall.

It will be good if breakfast is included.

Room very spacious and very clean. The small kitchen was very convenient.

Jacuzzi was not working.

Accommodations were great. Very clean. Friendly staff.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was a bit stuffy.

It was quiet. Limited room service. Free laundry. Helpful, friendly staff.

everything

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

I stayed here for three nights though the price is not so competitive. Everything in there impressed me.

Pretty nice working staff

Roomy!!

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and quiet.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Free laundry; great workout room; fast wifi

• Standard Suite

Not enough lighting in the parking area.

Great staff, good parking and clean.

see above

Your lobby sucks! It doesn't measure up to the rest of the property.

Friendly staff

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Excellent neighborhood, clean, appliance full.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Only a small malfunction with the microwave fan on our last day.

Our trip was great! Customer service awesome.