Reviews of Candlewood Suites Phoenix 3 stars

11411 North Black Canyon Highway, North Mountain, Phoenix, AZ 85029, USA

#40 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

• Standard Room

Room was very comfortable. Bed & pillows wonderful - slept way longer than I should have! A bit noisy, though I like background noise, but the freeway can get loud. Also, hotel is being updated, so heard some noise from that. That doesn't bother me, because it means updates & progress, right? So that's a good thing. Would love a bar after a long day at work. :)

• Queen Suite

Food was old in the shop had to take to front no maid service except once a week Noicey can hear every door closing inside your unit and floors can hear people walking not a good quiet place .

The mini store and laundry on site

N/a

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel lobby and hallways smelled like chocolate and vanilla ice cream. The rooms were very clean and the kitchen was fully stocked.

• Queen Suite

Would be nice to at least clean a little each day and refresh towels that need it. Don't expect full sheet change etc.

Nice kitchen area and full size fridge. Bed very comfortable. Room only cleaned one time a week. If you want more clean towels can take to desk to exchange. Desk staff helpful. Parking good.

• Queen Suite

Rooms out dated smelled old Had some requests. Never came through There was never towels at the pool

We like the location heated pool Staff

• Queen Suite

Room extremely clean. Bed awesomely comfortable; fabulous pillows! Fitness room clean & well-maintained. Front desk suggested 2 restaurants (1 breakfast, 1 dinner) that were absolutely scrumptious.

Everything was fine.

First stay at a Candlewood Suites. It runs like a co-op. Mostly self-service. Modest surroundings with all the basics you need. Nice ability to borrow all kinds of more advanced kitchen or recreations items, like a juicer or slow cooker or wine glasses. Had free washers and dryers available. I went to the grocer store and was able to fix breakfast in my room the whole week. Was able to keep left-overs from meals out for next day. Used the ice-maker and freezer -- was great to have a full size fridge.

• Queen Suite

The room had an odd odor like a pet stayed in the room, the refrigerator made noise, the electrical outlets were old and one pulled out from the wall and sparked, the carpet was old and looked very "uncleaned", the tub drain was broken, no nightstand on one side of bed.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom sink was updated, the wood floor in kitchen and bathroom seemed to be updated, the front desk staff was very very nice and welcoming.

Nothing, it was great.

Location was next to a park so we could walk our dog. It was also close to most tourist areas. Free laundry facility was a big bonus!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The carpet and kitchen and bathroom floors were very dirty!!!Stains on much of the carpet and darken dirt areas. I wiped up spilled water in the kitchen and paper towel was completely soiled brown from floor uncleanliness.

Kitchen and it's kitchen ware.

• Queen Suite

Room above us had a flood the morning of check out & we couldn't use our restroom, I think we should have been compensated somewhat for that- but never even got a notice or an apology for the inconvenience. We had to call & report dripping water from upstairs & the fact that we had no water.

• Queen Suite

Check in process... I couldn't pay cash...night audit going on so I had to return to the lobby to give them my card again..late at night. Just wanted to get to bed

The best was extremely comfortable! Like sleeping on a cloud.

• Queen Suite

Room ventilation is pretty poor, no vent in toilet and the room air gets caught behind the curtain rooms feel stuffy and warm. Tub fixtures are worn out and need deep repair our first room the tap broke and we couldn’t shut the shower the second room was a bit better but both were old.

Kitchenette is nice. Staff is very friendly and responsive. Bed/furniture and layout are comfortable.

• Standard Room

Noisy road. Wouldn't call it a suite. Did have kitchen facilities but no proper table or settee. A bit small. Said they would add points to our IHG account but didn't. A bit tired.

Close to highway for onward travel

• Queen Suite

Need more parking space.Would like to see more discounts for repeat stays. This is my 4th time staying at this hotel.

Bed was very comfortable. Spacious room.

• Queen Suite

The staff was unhelpful I get there and they want a $300 deposit which I knew nothing about and I told them I was arriving between 12 and 1 and they made me wait till three to get my room

Rooms are nice

• Queen Suite - Disability Access

The hot tub was filthy. Black Silt covering white floor. Water line tiles needed cleaning. Same all 4 days.

Nice roomy room. Great kitchen. A.c. worked great. Nice bed

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

1. Staff allowed a group people to stay at the pool past 1:00 am. We called at 11:45 and 12:30, but nothing was done. This alone deserves a one star rating. 2. Garbage disposal didn't work and the sink was clogged. 3. Bathroom sink was very slow. 4. There was blood on the sofa bed. 5. The shower rod was broken so the curtain wouldn't close all the way

Good price, but you get what you pay for.

• Queen Suite

There was long way from elevator to the room door. I'd like it were one more elevator in the building, or one more staircase exit.

Excellent kitchen facilities!

• Queen Suite

The woman behind the desk never smiled. She appeared suspicious of me. She questioned my AZ address...like "where is that?" And when she mentioned that my AZ driver's license picture did not match my current looks made me realize that she was from a foreign country. Like, who's DMV picture really matches who you look like today after so many years?

Easy check in. Great amenities. Super clean room. Ice cold A/C. Wonderful comfy bed. What's not to like.....

• Queen Suite

The coffee, please change brand

In room Kitchen was great, I'm on the Jenny Craig program. Gym was great, very sanitary. Love the candle wood scent and the reclining chair

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We were there for four days an the Pool was NEVER cleaned. The fire alarm went off twice in four days, due to some bad connection.😡 An my husband being a retired firefighter, was asking questions that the staff could not answer. Not happy about that.

Size of the room was nice for the price.

• Queen Suite

I think that due to it being Phoenix, and how hot Phoenix is, to make sure that there is a room check for A/C's prior to your guests checking in... I think that the maids/or cleaning crew - should make sure that the temp is set to a comfortable level so that other guests can avoid comfort issues. If they didn't handle me this way, I would have been a highly unsatisfied customer. C/S is great though.

First of all, this place is great..however, we came here to stay after our waterpark visit at Wet N Wild, and wanted to have a comfy place to rest prior to continuing our summer vacation, and everything was great, except the a/c didn't work and wouldn't cool down the queen suite..they did accommodate us by moving us to a similar room and for the inconvenience gave us an extra hour to check out due to this move and everything worked out perfectly! I almost got upset, but they made a point to make us happy and satisfied. Michael was great, so was the hotel manager and the clerk the check out date was amazing too! Very happy!!!

• Queen Suite

Overall a great stay, we were in town for a memorial service so we weren't in the happiest of moods/circumstances but the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, the little shop had some items we had forgotten in our packing rush, and the price and location were just right.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Queen Suite - Disability Access

Loved the room, especially the kitchenette. The store was a nice convenience, as well. Overall very quiet and clean and homey. Candlewood Suites will be our first choice of place to stay from now on.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Queen Suite

Being told only upon arrival that when staying for a week there is only once a week cleaning provided, so that is only after leaving again. Looking at the details: I do not like to take the trash out myself. Sometimes cleaning up wet spots on the bathroomfloor with papertowel showed me how much dirt there was on the floor.The carpet in the room was of the poorest quality or ancient, making waves und was obviously full of stains and all over very dirty. Also for $ 55.00 / night I would like to have my bed made. I can live with turning dirty towels in at the desk to get fresh ones as needed. I think it goes to far to extend this to linens and being expected to put them on yourself if wanted/needed. I used the pool once to swim and do water exercise. Looking at the pool afterward I could see my steps on the ground what showed how dirty the pool was. Also (on a Sunday noon) I had to kick out bugs and leaves, what means the pool was not serviced with the net as it should. Looking at the pool-area, there were plastic pieces laying around and old stuck-on paper pieces and a general layer of desert dirt. It looked like the area was not hosed-down in quite some time. Also half of the lounge chairs (in the back half behind the pool) were so dirty and showed baked-in dirt that you would not anyone expect to sit down on them. The whirl-pool (it is to switch on for 15 minutes) with its standing water looked like it had murky bathing water in there, rather disgusting.

There was this kitchen with all the dishes and most of what you need to cook a simple meal, including dishwasher.

• Queen Suite

We needed a handicap accessible room with a roll in shower and really liked our room. It was conveniently located and very clean. We had a very good experience. We would definitely stay here again.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

There were not enough items in the kitchen to use, also would if liked if there were also king beds to choose from.

It has a somewhat kitchen I like to cook wish it had a oven.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Queen Suite

Had to keep finding housekeeping to use a vacuum or broom. Toilet would easily plug up. Only one way to get into hotel due to a one way road. Only offers room cleaning and fresh linens 1x a week.

Liked the pool area. Room was comfortable. Nice to have the laundry facilities.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The

Nothing...wanted to check into another hotel but every hotel was booked. Front desk was empty quite often,took long time for room to cool,not cold..didn't see any security, parking lot too small..was like a prison bring us dirty towels and we'll replace them..that's bad...poor air in room.it smelled,no room exhaust vent very small room converted into part kitchen living rm bed rm.very uncomfortable to small for two people..NO Help with luggage as i'm handicapped!! $$$ would not recommend, only if it's an emergency..thank you

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

All the other places we stay traveling they have some sort of breakfast whether it be just rolls and juice but at least something to get the morning started each day.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Standard Room

Toilet kept reaching the point of overflowing. 2:00AM - I had to use the bathroom in the lobby. Told the front desk the problem, their comment - Gee it hasn't been fixed yet! I was given a plunger. It happened again the next day.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Queen Suite

We reserved a room with two queen beds on the website. This was not available. Provided an "upgrade" with a sofa bed. Sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable when pulled out, and our son opted to sleep on the sofa which was too short for him. It is not clear if this was a booking.com issue or a hotel issue.

Roomier than anticipated. Appreciated kitchen facilities. Excellent fitness center.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Standard Room

Some noises during the night from above, but nothing too disturbing/uncomfortable.

I was glad to have some kitchen utensils ready to use, a microwave with night light and an electric stove. Made it easy for me to stay for longer than a couple days and I was able to cook food as well. The ability to purchase some extra food/laundry stuff in the lobby (I forgot what it is called), was also helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Queen Suite

needs some cosmetic updates, however we noticed they were replacing carpets which will change the initial first impressions.

clean/ comfortable/ good value for money

• Queen Suite

The staff didn't seem extremely friendly, but we didn't interact much with them anyways.

The bed was very comfortable. It was really clean. Quiet and no one bothered us. Heated pool and hot tub. Lots of kitchen and bathroom supplies provided.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

cannot think of anything

I love this place, it is comfortable and quiet. The beds are so wonderful and everything is well kept. The staff is helpful and the property is safe.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Queen Suite

Driving in was difficult. If you miss the entrance you have a tough time getting back around because the street is one way. The honor system on the mini mart seemed a bit outdated for a hotel although if this was a cottage I would have felt that it was a nice old fashioned system. Borrowing a DVD to watch from their collection for our movie was a nice touch though.

We like the mini kitchen in the suite. The layout of the room was nice. Wish we could have utilized it more but we were only there for an overnight stay. The staff was friendly and the room inn food service had good boneless wings.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Suite

The front desk told us they had no business center. Actually, the computer and printer were down. We were unable to print our boarding passes until we got to the airport.

I enjoyed being able to check out a blender, DVD's, change out linens and general overall a good experience.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Suite - Disability Access

I didn't like having to take my own towel to the pool. However, we were told we could trade our towel in for a clean one.

The bed was fairly new and extremely comfortable. The towels were fluffy and the kitchennet was perfect. Loved the roomy counterspace for eating, computer and writing. The pool was perfect temperature, warm enough to enjoy. The hot tub was hot enough to get the health benefit. Love Candlewood!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Suite

The microwave in the kitchenette did not work. Also, the air was thick with a sickly sweet vanilla-ish fragrance in the halls, and in our room it smelled similar to the old Ivory soap from 1980 (but on steroids). There is also a mysterious $50 charge on my card that I'm still trying to work out.

The bed was comfortable, the furniture was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Queen Suite

There is really nothing I can recommend right now!

I enjoy that fact that the suites are set up like an office. I do work while I play so this is very convenient. I appreciate the low prices.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The toilet was too shallow. A raised seat would help solve the problem.

The full kitchen & BBQ was great, so I could make meals. Maintenance came quickly & fixed a slow drain in the bathroom sink. He also secured a loose hanging light. I liked having the park right out back for daily walks. The staff at the desk was very helpful, anytime I had a need they took such great care of me. The location was close enough to take trips to Seguaro Lake, Jerome, Cottonwood, Sedona, Tempe, Scottsdale, & Mesa. Lots of fun activities to do in Phoenix & surrounding cities.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Queen Suite

Had some trouble initially opening some of the doors - turns out they were installed upside down so the handles work in the opposite direction - pretty minor issue

Room was nice, having a kitchen was perfect for our road trip as we had groceries to save money going out for meals. Front desk even had movies we could watch at no extra charge, free laundry as well - perfect

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Suite - Disability Access

Access is tricky as it is off an access road. If you miss it you have to circle back. Be aware their sign is well past the actual parking lot entrance and near the entrance for the next business.

Very nice. Staff was very helpful in allowing me to check in early.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Queen Suite

The bed was not very comfortable to sleep on. I tossed all night long and woke up with a back ache.

It was just like staying in a little apartment. Maybe even better.

• Queen Suite

The staff were not really helpful. Bad odor in room.

Close to the freeway, convenient for overnight stay.

• Standard Room

The carpeting needed cleaning or replaced, it brought down the whole room.

The room was very neat and clean. The kitchenette was well stocked.

• Standard Room

There really wasn’t anything that I didn’t like

Had everything we needex

• Queen Suite

It was hard to get to. You can only exit one direction and the I-17 traffic noise.

Location and staff

• Standard Room

Bed could have been softer.

I love pool and hot tub and room. Was nice

• Queen Suite

more selections on their convenience store

clean and quiet

• Queen Suite

Staff did not mention direction to the pool upon check in and signage was poor for pool

Mini grocery store.

• Queen Suite

Bathroom was bad, toilet was weak and no sink stopper in sink

Staff

Carpet dirty

Comfortable bed

• Queen Suite

If you can provide phone chargers

The kitchen area

I

Wife got sick

Close to ballpark good restraints close easy getting on hwy

• Queen Suite

The room smelled. When we left & came back it stunk

• Queen Suite

Some highway noise from Route 17 traffic.

Clean, well-appointed room. Good location for activities in Peoria. Excellent value.

One way road in

Room layout, just would have like TV a little closer for volume

Ice maker didn't work.

Kitchen and fitness center

The kitchenettei

Everything!!

Everyone and everything

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

It was okay

• Queen Suite

Great job to the staff who kept the cleaning up!

N/a

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

No breakfast, but had nice little kitchen in room.

Easy access, nice park behind hotel,nice grilling area by swimming pool.

• Queen Suite

Horrible very dirty, security doors were always propped open, unsafe environment. I am very upset about this stay.

• Queen Suite - Disability Access

Before booking the website said breakfast was offered but that wasn't true.

• Queen Suite

cleaness and style is excellent, when I visit Phoenix, I wiil stay there !!!

• Queen Suite

Great location and great area.