Reviews of Capri by the Sea by All Seasons Resort Lodging 3 stars

4767 Ocean Boulevard, Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA 92109, USA

#19 of 77 Holiday rentals in San Diego

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

We loved the location and beaches but prefer a place with a usable balcony
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The room we stayed in was out of date. The sofa seemed old and the carpet needs to be replaced. One of the throw blankets was visibly dirty and that made for a grungy feeling. The biggest diappoinment by far however, was the screen doors were all Locked shut pending balcony inspection. We felt this should have been disclosed and for this reason alone, we’ll go someplace different next year with an actual balcony.

We love the location. Our room was large with incredible views of the beach and sunsets. It’s quiet and peaceful for the location. We could hear the ocean all night long. We had underground parking is a bonus.

Location , security, building was ok.
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The service was not good. Shampoo, towels, paper towels and there were no air conditioning. The pool lock was not work correctly.

Location , security, building was ok.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The master bed wasn’t as comfortable as I had hoped but the...
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The master bed wasn’t as comfortable as I had hoped but the view out my window made up for it and I was able to sleep with the door open every night and enjoy the smell of the ocean and sound of the waves as I fell asleep. I never could get the tv to work as I normally can’t sleep without it but the waves made up for the background noise. The floors were dirty and left my feet nasty if I walked barefoot in the condo but as long as I had my flip flops nearby it was ok. The beach on the other hand where there’s so much seaweed was very upsetting. I guess I wasn’t prepared for that feeling when I walked in the water at the beach but it was extremely beautiful. Definitely a fun stay with my kids.

W O N D E R F U L Our best stay in San Deigo EVER. IF price points remain, will be back!
    • Deluxe 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Did not appreciate having to give credit card info over an insecure wifi just to do a laundry! The acoustics in 1102 could be improved by area rug or some fabric decor on walls. Hard to watch TV with the "empty room" hard surface echo. There 7 nights: Housekeeping was supposed to come once, mid way. Did not. With a couple top-up TP rolls and bar of soap from friendly security desk we were more than fine.

What's NOT to like? An older, non-upper scale, but very well managed building, brings water front accommodation with in reach of ordinary visitors in one of San Diego (if not the the world's) nicest areas.

The condo unit fulfilled its function, decor and furniture left a lot to be desired.

Said my piece above.

Location and having a kitchen was accurate. The furniture and decor were unacceptable for price. On arrival, a bed was BROKEN and the other propped up with books! Owners who rent their units on this site should be held accountable.

Great location, friendly staff, disappointing room.

Given the price of the rental, replacing the beds, better equipping the kitchen, fixing the curtains and a few little other things would make this unit enjoyable.

This is our second stay at Capri. The first time, we enjoyed it. This time, we had room 310 which had clearly been a rental for a long time. The beds we noisy and very uncomfortable. Everything was the absolute minimum you could likely get away with and stay in the rental pool. I would like to go again based on location, but I don't think we will risk our family vacation by not being able to confirm actual rooms prior to check in. I would not want this room again.

Ask for a picture of the room you will get, ours was poor quality and we paid extra for the deluxe.
    • Deluxe 2-Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The furniture was old and worn out. Chairs are all very low and sit with no back support. Kitchen chairs are at a weird high height, no back support. The walls were damaged fro chairs from previous guest. The shades were duct taped to be held in place.The toilets too low, and the toilet paper holders all broken. The water filter needed to be repaced, bad tasting ice:( The electric light switch in bath tripped at night and made lights go off, box to reset outside the room door into the outside hallway, need instructions for guest!

The location was great, parking very easy and nice location to access the room.

Unit was clean, great view
    • Standard 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The units furniture was old and not up to standard for the cost. Closet doors didn”work, lamp shades torn, 1 trial bar of soap, cracked &marred mirrors. Lots of little things. Without the view it was a $100 night unit

The view and the size of the unitthe

Great location, very comfortable, lots to see and do within easy walking distance.
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Couldn't get any closer to the beach, the view was awesome! Within easy walking distance of the pier, lots of places to eat and shop. The condo was nicely appointment and very comfortable.

would not stay at property again.
    • Standard 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Our requested early check-in was not relayed to on-site staff. Beds were improperly made; flat sheet on top of fitted mattress cover instead of two sheets. Had to remake bed before we could use it. Bed was the absolute least comfortable bed we have slept in, (We stayed in room 304); actually swayed in the middle. INVEST in quality beds for $334.00 per night.

The view was great as was the location

Great location, interior space could use updating.
    • Standard 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

There were only two towel racks for bath towels but no hooks to hang beach towels. The mattress sunk in towards the center and we could feel bed springs.

great location
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The first room we were placed in was dirty, carpet was not clean, and still had dirty sheets on the bed. The manager never reached out to contact us until we left, 4 days later,on the last day after I placed a call to him. He was notified of the situation by his staff the day we checked in.

great location

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Beautiful penthouse with some shortcomings
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

There's no housekeeping, so you should be aware of that. The interior design of the house was not great (almost all the walls are mirrors...). When I arrived, there was someone stuck in the North elevators and the fire brigade was there (so don't use the North elevators). There was no front desk personnel after 16:00 and a security person just gave me my keys, so if you were to have a problem, you'd have to wait 'till the morning. One of the bedsheets had (what seemed to me as) small blood stains, which was not great... The room was otherwise very clean, though. Some of the lights were not working. We couldn't access the garage (our keyfob didn't open the garage gate) even though they gave us a parking permit and explicit instructions on how to use the garage. Though, honestly, I have to say that the beauty of the penthouse I stayed in made everything worth it.

I stayed at one of the penthouses and the room was just absolutely incredible. The view was amazing, the room was huge, just great. It's in a beautiful location; waking up to ocean sounds is amazing. The penthouse was actually a complete house (nothing was missing), complete with all the kitchen appliances, TVs, set top boxes, internet (although I never actually used the set top box, TVs or the internet) and whatnot, so you'll probably be very comfortable.

Amazing! Definitely booking here for the summer.
    • Deluxe 2-Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Parking pass was only for one car! Good thing my friends carpooled that would of been an annoying situation to deal with.

I loved the view! And how each room had their own bathroom/privacy!

Gorgeous oceanfront setting.
    • Deluxe 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

King size bed was uncomfortable and the sheets were cheap and worn. Bedspread looked like it was 20 years old and from an old time share room.

Gorgeous oceanfront setting.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Not nearly the stay as wanted or wished for!
    • Deluxe 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The entry door jam and slide bolt catch should be repaired as soon as possible. The gap caused security worry and is a potential malicious access. The inoperable bathroom fan was fixed. It was very dirty and though cleaned it dropped dust during the entire stay. The light switches were also fixed during the stay as a dirty breaker panel had to be used for sleep and the bathroom fan and lights until fixed. The tile floors should have been swept and mopped before our arrival. Sand and hairs were everywhere the crackling of sand under-sole was annoying indoors. While there is internet available it is very insecure open free access.

The customer service staff were very courteous and helpful. The maintenance staff were very helpful each day of our stay as they had to be called for repairs, fixes, and operational answers. The building security overall is good. The view of the ocean and sunset is spectacular.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Second time I have been here. First time the unit was amazing!! Second one needed updates.
    • Standard 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The unit we rented was not very updated. Cracks in the ceiling. Thresholds loose. Stains on carpet. Heater not working. Tons of hair in the tub drain.

Location and being in the beach was great

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

• Deluxe 2-Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Condo needs deep cleaning - looked under living room sofa, so much dust/sand/food - details matter

Ocean view/breeze

Wonderful stay, want to return!
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

That pool and hot tub were not open.

Loved the beach view and access, as well as the roominess and cleanliness of condo.

Clean with beautiful veiws

Front desk staff

Veiw was amazing and the room is beautiful

Loved the view.
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Loved the view. The place was very spacious

Everything.

Disappointed in the accommodations. We expected a more attractive unit.
    • Standard 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Bed was lumpy sheets did not fit. The furniture was unattractive and took away from our enjoyment.

Kitchen and bathroom were fine.

Okay for a short stay...but watch out for unpleasant front desk, dirty linens and floor.
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

The bedding was dirty as were the floors and windows.

The view.

Good everything.. good view

It was excellent. Great view. Great location.

Bathroom Plumbing

Location. View

horrible
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

It is not kid friendly. There are a lot of breakable decorations. The couch is old and comforters seems like it was not washed.

Loved the view from the lounge! Enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub
    • Deluxe 2-Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Pillows on my bed were lumpy. The seats on the smaller couch kept sliding out of place. Otherwise all good

No air-conditioning in the building

No air-conditioning in the building

Awesome place to stay
    • Standard 2- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Everything. Beautiful place, great people.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

EVERYTHING!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Best location on the beach!

Hair dryer didn't work

great choice for san diego

met and exceeded expectations. pool area wasn't as nice. views were incredible. staff were friendly and check in very quick.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Amazing staff

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great beach hang
    • Standard 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

Great view walking distance to many dining establishments

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Do not spend money to stay at Capri.
    • Standard 1- Bedroom Ocean View Condominium

We have stayed at this property many times over many years. The condition of the rentals has significantly declined. We will not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

I did not want to leave.

When I first arrived, I parked in the first entrance of the Capri. There is a small bar in the cement which I guess it holds the parking gate. I was so excited to arrive that in my hurry, I fell down hurting my knee. I bruised and scraped my knee and I waited for a couple of weeks after getting home I ended up having to go to the doctor's because I could not put any pressure on my knee. I am on medication to try to help the swelling and the numbness of the knee. I will be fine.

I did not want to leave. I had such an relaxing experience. I would recommend the Capri to all my friends going to San Diego. Thank you for everything.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

I came to San Diego to spend the weekend with my girlfriend. When I got the reservation online I didn't think much of the hotel. From the pictures it didn't really look all that great. However when I got to the room I couldn't believe how spacious and nice it was. Not only that, but the view was amazing. It's the only hotel on the coast that has such a nice view of the ocean and the beach. The staff were very nice. I really had a great time here at this hotel. I'll definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

Fitted bottom sheets for beds We kept sliding off in night!!

This location is amazing! The office staff was helpful. My only complaint was the beds did not have fitted sheets so kept sliding off bed. This would be a remark for the rental company. We heard no outside noise and 11th floor view amazing.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Pool was not on property. Had to walk a few doors down.

Incredible view and proximity to the beach. Plenty of room for four people in a two bedroom as well.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2016

The rented condo was very poor. Trouble with televisions, stool and furniture poor condition.

The staff very accommodating. View and proximity of what we wanted was good.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

No fitness room, no cleaning and towel's change during our whole stay.

View and sound of the ocean, wonderful sunset, very good location by the beach, heated swimming pool and hot tub, nice appartment with everythig needed for self catering.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

The boiler was under repair causing us to have no hot water on our get away day. Very frustrating.

The view was amazing . Really enjoyed standing at railing watching the waves.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Upon arrival we were notified of the water shut off for the following day for 4 hours. Also the day we were checking out we could not shower in the morning because there was no hot water due to a boiler leak. We also had numerous electrical problems when we would plug in the portable heater that were provided by the owner. No central heating or Air conditioning was reason for the portable heaters. We had to keep going to the breaker box to reset. One electrical outlet did not work at all. These added up to many inconveniences.

We liked the location,security of the building,view from the room and the condo was spacious.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

We loved our stay at Capri by the Sea. The location was fantastic with incredible views over the beach, and the seaside boardwalk right outside. The place was very comfortable, and had all the facilities we needed.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

My understanding at booking was a room with one bed in it and a sofa bed. We had a room with 2 tiny beds in it, my husband and I couldn't fit in the one bed so I slept on the sofa (not a pull out!)

What a great location, right on the beach! Easy check in, and the facilities were adequate.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2015

No access to separate floors without having to meet in lobby made a family get together with 2 apartments on 2 separate levels a nightmare. Electrical issues made using the heater along with kitchen lights and microwave impossible.

loved the very helpful staff. Were extremely helpful in trying to resolve some major issues with apartment. Gave a reasonable refund to offset problems with room. Rooms beautifully decorated, view exceptional, easy access to beach.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

Capet, furniture, dinner room chair, bathroom are old and worn. Dishes in the is chipped. Cabinet door is broken.

The view was awesome. The room is very big.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Decor was sparse. Pictures in website show a very nicely decorated condo. Not the case. Bedding (sheets and pillows) were poor quality. No air conditioner. Not well cleaned...sand on floor. No balcony to sit on. Screen butted right up to sliding glass doors. For a little more a night, we could have stayed at a lovely hotel nearby.

The view

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

We were not aware that this condo unit did not have air conditioning and were disappointed once we arrived. I think that the information on this building should include, in bold print, that it is not equipped with air conditioning.

The location was wonderful. Nice layout of the facility and close to dining and the beach.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

The furnishings were mediocre and the couches a bit uncomfortable, luckily we weren't there to hang out in the room though. It was very convenient to be able come back to the room for meal and nap time, especially with a baby < 1.

The location was everything. It couldn't be better.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

There was no air-conditioning in the apartment (only ceiling fans) so it was very hot at times. Also, Capri by the Sea is advertised as a resort/hotel but is actually a residential apartment complex so the rooms are not serviced and there is no bar/restaurant.

The apartment was spacious and well-equipped with amazing ocean views. Great beachfront location. Close to shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Cleanliness of the carpets and beds. The Towels can be cleaned using a scented detergent, not all but a few of them were stinking.

Location - Vicinity to Major Attractions and Beaches. Loved the view from my 7th floor room. Incomparable Sunset view.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

The extra charge for towels when you are already spending so much just to stay there.

I love the ocean breeze with the sliding doors opened and the view

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

No bad experience, just would've liked a few more kitchen supplies and window coverings were unsatisfactory.

The ocean views were just what we were looking for.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

Depending on the room you get, it may be pretty outdated. Ours definitely was, but the size of the unit, the proximity to the beach, and the beautiful ocean view made up for the out of date room.

The location was perfect for us as a family with three young children. it is so nice to be able to just walk down to the beach, stay there as long as you want, walk back up for afternoon naps, and then head beck down after. It made the trip so nice.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Had a sub standard condo the first day and night. It was a huge disappointment. Things were broken, non operational and in shabby state. Never had an experience like this at this property before in over 20 years visiting the Capri by the Sea. Nobody was no staff was on duty to address our concerns when we contacted the front office the first evening. As a result, we had no sleep the first night due to a blind that would not close and a powerful light shining directly in our bedroom window.

The front office addressed our concerns with inferior accomadations of our condo after our first night's stay. They found us a different one to move to which was exactly what we have been used to having in 20 years of visiting this property. The front desk manager, Grace, was beyond efficient and gracious in handling the issue to our complete satisfaction.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

Our actual un that was rented through booking.com was kind of a dump. The bed was too small for my husband and I to sleep together in the same bed...there were 2 forks, 1 small frying pan to cook meals with, the sliding door and bedroom window were basically broken and hard to open and shut, the dresser was too broken to use so we lived out of our suitcases for 5 days, and the unit was not very kid-safe for our small children...oh and the cable did not work 90% of the time, but we were able to watch movies on Netflix on the days that it rained. The floor was also super dirty/sandy from the start of our stay.

The view was great and the pool was heated, so the kids could swim and not get cold too quickly.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

No beach towels Need more linen exchanges-bath towels, maybe two per week Update decor a tad, tv was on the fritz...

This by no means is a fancy place to stay and is a bit spendy.I have to say though having stayed in other places such as hotels with kids for a week in S.D and not having the conveniences of a kitchen, living room, separate bathrooms and bedrooms, this a very nice change of pace. The view. The living room and master bedroom is completely open to the beautiful ocean, so nice to wake up and go to sleep to. Access to the beach is a breeze, you are on it! Parking for us with a mid size car was not an issue and nice for once not to have that fee to pay on top of everything else when you get there. Therelaxing is a heated salt water pool (nice to not have chlorine), spa and sauna. It is not in the same building and there is one building in between but the walk is literally just a couple minutes and nice to hit after a day at the beach to clean off sand (they have an area to clean sand of yourself and toys and boards etc there) and then head back to your place. One small pain is you have to carry your room key absolutely everywhere to get in and out of things including the elevator and pool area but this does keep riff raff out and we didn't notice any issues while we were there. Bring beach towels add they do not provide them and you will only get bathroom towels with one allowance to change them one time during one wks time...that was a bummer!!! They really should provide beach towels. You can buy then there but who wants to buy bulky beach towels and lug them all the way home??? You might also want to bring some spices for cooking so you don't have to buy when you're here. There is a decent store about a half mile from the Capri withe fairly normal prices. No A/C but with the cool breeze at night and all the fans, w were pretty much ok. Great waking distance to the pier and all sorts of restaurants ando shopping. It was so nice stepping outside our place and bwing able to walk along the walkway along the beach.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

We loved the fact the beach was literally right outside our...

My room could have used some updating.

We loved the fact the beach was literally right outside our door! Lots of places to eat within walking distance. The staff were super freindly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Spectacular view

1) one of the elevators stops running after 11 PM; but not communicated well to people in the Capri. 2) bathroom did not have exhaust fan(rusty moldy); the apartment did not have a thermostat! 3) apartments was run down and poorly maintained. Shower fixtures/faucets did not work well; cold water faucet was a rusty Vise Grip (yes the tool locked in place!) Other faucet handles ran into each other making adjustments difficult at times. I think reflects the over all deficient design of this building. Kitchen sink with pieces of porcelain broken off. 4) did not meet expectations 5) access to washing machines inconvenient unless your apartment is on the end of the floor where the washing machines are. 6) florescent light in the bathroom periodically dimmed leaving person in the bathroom in the dark; but then would brighten up again; maintenance came in one time when light was bright; did not change florescent bulb; leaving us intermittently in the dark.

Spectacular view

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The staff was great especially the security guard during the...

There were a few things that were broken like the toilet paper holder, the bathroom door and there was virtually no water pressure in master bedroom so 6 of us had to share 1 BR and the beds were not what I was told would be in the rooms

The staff was great especially the security guard during the day, very accomidating and the location was amazing, the hot water in the outside shower was amazing, the room sizes were big we had a great time

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Location, access to beach.

No tv on one of bedrooms..no sitting furniture in master bedroom..... Plenary of room for some...

Location, access to beach... Safety .. Walking distance to everything..

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

This was my families first view of an ocean.

The price was a bit steep. However it was something I had to do since I not the family have ever seen the ocean. For that reason, it was worth it. If I had seen the ocean before... Maybe a bit much. Also the parking spaces were super small. I got my car stuck and almost scratched it. I had to be assigned another parking spot. Had to back out to get the family in even on the second parking lot.

This was my families first view of an ocean. I will never forget the views. The images will stay with us forever. We can not wait to go back. Everyone is very nice and always smiling. Located to numerous restaurants and shopping outlets, and of course the beach. I have to stay here again. And you do too.

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

The place was awesome.

Went during the week. They were doing construction But didn't start construction till 9...which was good.... ummmm beach towels would have been nice to have...

The place was awesome. The view was so beautiful...two thumbs up..I would give ten thumbs up but only have two thumbs...lol... great place didn't want to leave...

• Reviewed: 15 May 2015

Very good local restaurants.

There are 2 Capri by the Seas in the area. Make sure the cabbie knows you are going to Pacific Beach. Pricey. Warnings about using too much electricity but nothing about water conservation in a place with a drought happening.

Very good local restaurants. Nice beach.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

The location is good.

Probably I was not in luck since I checked the other room they were much better and very close to the picture showed online. Mine just like a 60s apartment with wood peeled off the kitchen, dirty sofa, and motel like bed.

The location is good. They also offer the assigned parking spot during the stay. The staff is very helpful when I complain about the room so we only stayed one night instead of two and got refund for 1 night. (We booked two nights) the last tip I gonna say is the sunset. That is gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

the view from our room was stunning.

room had no personality.. seemed like a set for an adult content film.. carpet was filthy looking.. bed was seriously uncomfortable..the bedding was very sad looking... the only thing nice about the room was the view & the location.

the view from our room was stunning.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Updated 1-bedroom, underground parking, good sound...

No sound insulation whatsoever from the street and the corridor.

Updated 1-bedroom, underground parking, good sound insulation from other rooms, close to everything.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Our condo was very spacious, clean and modern.

no AC (however, not a big deal as our condo had several fans).

Our condo was very spacious, clean and modern. We also loved the fact that there was a wash machine and dryer on every floor. We also had an AMAZING view of the ocean.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

The view was amazing and the location was awesome.

We stayed in 1005 and the carpet was horrible. The bed was very uncomfortable. No pizza cutter or pizza pans. No WiFi for our room.

The view was amazing and the location was awesome. Morning and evening walks along the beach. The linens we clean. The kitchen was clean and nice. 2 bedrooms are great for children.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Location was great!

The bedding, blanket and comforter was not clean and the couch was worn out and very uncomfortable. There was a dirty washcloth left from previous guests in the bathroom. The tv in the master bedroom did not work.

Location was great! Loved being on the beach, the view was spectacular.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

The view of the ocean from the.

Check out time was too early

The view of the ocean from the. Living room. I loved the kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, and cook wear. I reaalty like that my car was kept safe on a gated parking garage.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

The view from the Arcadia doors

The living room was disgusting the sofas were filthy the floors were filthy the shower curtain in the bathroom was horrible the curtains from Arcadia's kept falling down

The view from the Arcadia doors

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.