Reviews of Rodeway Capri Inn 2 stars

1 Valley Road, Little Ferry, NJ 07643, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Little Ferry

6.1

The location of this place was convenient

The carpet and furniture need to be replaced very badly. There are no outlets beside the beds so I had to charge my phone in the bathroom. Smells like a Chinese takeout place when you walk in. Will definitely be staying at the doubletree

The location of this place was convenient

I liked breakfast.

The price of the room. I expected to pay $95 and wound up paying $125. But it was somewhat my fault.

I liked breakfast. And I liked that even though I accidentally booked the room a day after I needed it, they accommodated me anyway. For $35 more, but they accommodated me. LOL

Never ever again
    • King Room - Smoking

Staff very rude during check in ... comforter in first room has cigarette burns all over it... after informing staff they offered to change sheets and I asked To change rooms . Second room comforter has the same burns . Continental breakfast was gross . Like 5 cats outside . Stayed extra night and my boyfriend had them change our room again after seeing a roach. I’m just hoping I didn’t bring bed bugs or roaches home with me . Stayed here years ago and it wasn’t that bad . Not worth the money spend it else where unless you want to stay in a road stop hooker spot . That’s what I get for being cheap..

Aside from the location don’t stay here

The staff was friendly
    • King Room - Smoking

I booked and when I got there they didn’t have a room for me, only in the smoking section they had rooms. I finally got one in the non smoking section but It was infested w roaches. No ice machine was working. I was very disappointed.

The staff was friendly

Clean. Employees friendly & courteously

There’s a big pot hole in the back of the hole. It was when I stayed here last month. I avoid it 9 out of 10 times and being a parking lot, I’m always driving slow. I can definitely live with it

I handicap. Not serious but I walk with a cane. I requested a room close to the entrance. They gave me 1st floor & the 3rd room. VERY convenient

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Overall this place wasn't bad for the price, but don't expect too much.

It took a long time for the room to cool down with the air conditioner.

It was a place to lay your head. The best thing about this place was the shower/ tub.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

More or Less Thanks

I did not like it the bad impression that the employees gave me. Playing in the lobby as is they were a small childrens. i thought and left with the doubt that this was a Motel controlled by Indian Families. This is not a Hotel is a Motel

First I saved almost $700 in parking compare with NY. saved as well $700 in lunch, dinner, miscelaneous expenses, tole and gas. quiet place compare with NY. They have Security cameras in and outside. Great cool air conditioner.

there was roaches, none of the ice machines worked, alot...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

there was roaches, none of the ice machines worked, alot of the people that stayed there or hung around there seemed as though they were on drugs. The tub nasal flew off and hit my fiance while trying to take a shower, staff was rude...... cats all over three premises......

it's probably a $50 hotel stay.
    • King Room - Smoking

It was very run down, outside had trash all over it, around the trash can were most of the trash (how sad), someone was smoking weed and it stuck the hall way.

Not a good experience.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend this hotel. The building is not level and it feels like it will come down any moment. Everything is old and worn and you get the feeling that you don't want to touch anything. There were drunken people in the lobby loudly discussing guns and drugs, there was loud partying in a room across from ours late into the night. The reception staff was ignoring me for longer than acceptable. Although the rate was among the cheapest around, it was not that much cheaper to justify staying in such environment. I would suggest to the owner to demolish and rebuild the place as soon as possible.

Proximity to NYC

The bed was very comfortable.
    • King Room - Smoking

The bathroom light broke the first day, maintenence fixed it after I had showered. That night, it broke again so we were again, getting showered in the dark. Police were there the night before pounding on the door next to us. When we went to reserve an additional night, I explained the problems from the night before, I was not givendors any kind of apology. Just a shoulder shrug. Also, I asked how much asked other night would be, the woman at the desk said, "same." I went to pay askednothernd she said it was $145. I explained we paid $111.xx and she replied $125.00 I said but you said it was the same price? She gave attitude and took $111.00. There was a guy behind me in line that was charged $85 after I paid $111. There are no discounts for this motel. We stay here every year for the preseason jets game. Never had a problem but the price varies drastically. The shower wall was covered in someone's hair from shaving. Black hair, very noticeable. The shower pressure was so poor, I could barely rinse my hair out (while showering in the dark). There was a "clear colored stain" on the curtain to the window, pretty sure it was a bodily fluid. The other rooms were very loud (not the motel's fault) until about 2am. The odor in the hallway is a mix of cat urine, human urine, and pungent stale smoke. The windows did not open on the 1st floor to air out. The fact that housekeeping is cleaning all night, let's me know it's a "rent-by-the-hour" motel. Plus, the women standing outside the motel are clearly prostitutes as they walked up to cars pulling into the parking lot, talked then went inside together. And of course, we had the great chance of being near those rooms where you heard the "commotion" of the service. Then that woman would exit the room and be back in the parking lot again. As I say all these negatives, we've haven't had any major problems on any other stay there.

The bed was very comfortable. It is located close to everything. The housekeeping staff was very friendly.

5.6
    The ice machine is broke

The ice machine was not working And they should have had it posted at the front desk so this way you don't have to walk to find out what the ice machine doesn't WORK!!!!! And not all of the jets work in the jacuzzi. the money you pay everything should work.

The Jacuzzi

PSA: WORST HOTEL IN USA

Everything sucked.

If there was a 0 rating I would have chose that option. The hotel looks nothing like the pictures online. The bed had hair in it. The tub wouldn't drain so we had to move another room. The carpets were wet. The room overall felt dirty. The free breakfast tastes worse than government food and they served noodles because they didn't have enough food. This hotel should go out of business.

Awful place with awful people

Everything. First of all is a dirty place. The bathroom was looking awful, the shower was not even working, the sing was impossible to set on normal temperature water and was almost broken. I really suggest to bring a sleeping bag ( that’s what I did ) because the room looks that dirti that I didn’t want to even open the bed and check the bed sheets. Good luck

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

BED BUG CITY 🦂🦗
    • King Room - Smoking

It’s a horrible horrible place wouldn’t stay there if they paid me never again

Looks pretty nice outside but when you check in unprofessional staff bunch of scam artists trying to charge me extra $100 and he wouldn’t take my credit card he wanted cash only!Probably to pocket the money for him self and upon arrival there was another couple there who had same problem as I did

Good for a night, just to stay close to nyc for a cheaper price.

The room could have been better upkept. There where chips in the furniture and the blankets had wholes from damage.

The location was good. Close to dunkin donuts, diners, bus stop, and late meal ordering options.

Don't book it's a waste

Customer service was rude. She just pointed and said room is that way. Which it was difficult to find as it has 2 sections and multiple ways to go. Had to pay for ice which machine ended up being broke. Toilet had no suction. Breakfast was nothing but cereal and bread.

The room didn't have any bugs

5.6
    Angy customer who spend over $2000
    • King Room - Smoking

That they profiled me saying I couldn't have company asking me unessesary questions that wasn't there business... Ok never had any trouble no loudness and always kept room clean... I never had issues....there just nosy...

That's it's comfortable big bed tv

I’m glad it was just for one day.

I hate the fact that we could not check in early without being charged an extra $100. Booking.com said arrive anytime but we couldn’t check in until 3pm. The continental breakfast was like 3 things....not good at all. I just grabbed an apple. All the dips in different places on the floor is hazardous. The beds were good but nothing else met my expectations therefore I would never use this property again.

The beds were comfy.

Should increase customer engagement upon arrival and during stay.

No information regarding emergency exits and muster points during check-in. No information about breakfast was given on check-in. Property displays continental breakfast on its advertisement but in reality it’s only bread, butter, jam and some drinks like coffee. There were no rolls, croissant or meat as it should be in continental breakfast.

Quick check-in. No unnecessary questions.

It was fine for a stopover night on the way through

This is a basic motel convenient to the George Washington Bridge. Furnishings and motel overall is old but very clean. Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water for showering. Breakfast was a continental breakfast that was better than some places. For the area I thought the place was priced properly.

The room was ok.

We checked in at 1:30 am and had to check out at 11:00 am not good check out time should have been at 12:00 pm

The room was ok. I've seen a better room before

In sum it wasn't bad experience staying there.

In my opinion breakfast was not good. The quality of coffee is so low.

The most I liked was location. There is a bus stop close to it which every 15 minutes pass a bus and with express bus it takes only 10 minutes to get Manhattan.

If I come back into the area I would most likely stay here again.

Shower needed some help. It was clean just had no pressure to wash with easily. Batteries in the TV remote were dead.

Was good value and a good room. Bed was nice. Everything looked clean. Staff was very nice. A/c worked good.

Fine. Satisfied!!

Check out at 12, like some other places rather than 11:00

I’m a little handicapped. Not serious, walk with a cane. I requested the 1st floor and a room close to the door. I️ was accommodated! Thank you

No one interrupted us when we were in the room.

The shower was dirty with mold around the shower head, only one light near the door, had to pay for ice machine, walk way needs paint and plaster, mirror on wall had black tape on it, couch had a hole in it, sheet had a hole in it, very inconvenient, didnt eat at the restaurant because I was scared to get sick, stay was over priced, junk and bulk in the parking lot side entrance, no stores near and everything closed early.

No one interrupted us when we were in the room. Easy check in and check out.

Right off the highway and away from the "Hustle and...
    • King Room - Smoking

I didn't like that there was no complementary bottle of water available in rooms and water had to be bought. At least keep a bottle or 2 available

Right off the highway and away from the "Hustle and bustle " "semi secluded"

They gave me a room in the back of the hotel and it had bugs...

They gave me a room in the back of the hotel and it had bugs in it then I want to make a complaint and they gave me a room in the front of the hotel .... which was a lil better

OK for the price

Really old and noisy A/C in both rented rooms. Old dirty towels. Cheap breakfast. Soundproof level of the walls is zero. Tenants in the next room watching loud TV till 2 am was a problem for us.

Location. Easy to get to NY and back.

Nice Hotel
    • King Room - Smoking

It was a pleasure staying, we were able to checkin before the time . The staff was excellent.the room was very big and cozy. didn't see any roaches as they said in the reviews before and breakfast was very good.I will definitely be returning!

No happy

I informed a problem (water leack) at night in the room (111) and not body was there to check, can't not use the Jacuzy

Location was very good and fast to be there

Water in shower was hot.

The hotel was NOTHING like it looked in the pictures. The floors connecting the buildings (carpeted) were nasty and wet from water coming in thru the ceiling. The doors to the rooms did NOT shut all the way, which lead to the rooms being cold from draft, the beds were old and squeaking, maid service DID not come to clean our room for an entire day. When I called to have them come clean it, a lady called me back and was rude. She said the DND sign was on door (but we didn't have a sign and we were gone from 11am-9:00pm...touring NJ & NY)and said no one would be coming to clean it. I had to go to front office and fuss. She finally came with security and another lady and she had a nasty attitude. Staff at front desk was nasty and rude too! They need to shut this place down. We had to stay because all other hotels were booked. NEVER AGAIN AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!

Water in shower was hot.

The price fits its 1/2 star motel experience and expectations.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

First , Front desk , the gentleman was very rude and obnoxious. Second , the staff here wouldn’t mind their own business; saw one constantly putting her ear up against the door to listen to a couple having sex. Third , our room smelled like marijuana as if they smoked one hour prior before checkout.

The bed was comfy

Wouldn’t stay again, too way away if you wanted to visit New York daily, transport to expensive.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Found to be very noisy day and night. Seemed to be mostly truckers layovers. Very little English speaking guests.

Continental breakfast was excellent. No kettle in room, but facilities in main foyer wasn’t far away, very accommodating staff. Shops and transport on doorstep.

I would not stay here EVER again nor would I ever recommend this location
    • King Room - Smoking

Everything, I felt like I was in a motel where all the prostitutes go to get quick money and leave after, water pressure was low hot water, what hot water there wasn't any besides the sink water which was oddly hotter than the shower water. This place has so much potential, under the right management and some real good renovations and gutting out, they can make double what they make now off that property .

the mirror in the room

you get what you pay for.

Not what I really wanted. Off the beaten path so you have to drive everwhere. Very very thin walls listened to a crying baby all night. Breakfast was ok, used to better. Hallways really long. Asked for late checkout upon booking the room. Had three people question us when we were there past 11 yet they told us 12. Just an ok stay. You get why u pay for.

I liked the price. Under a hundred a night. Room was very big, nice and clean.

Because of the underwear NOT MINES was left under the bed I will not be returning
    • King Room - Smoking

They "cleaned the room and I noticed someone else's underwear under the bed when I was looking for my shoes. Also because you ask for a smoking room it should be cleaned thoroughly with deodorizer!!!!!

price

would never stay there again

The traffic was horrible,the random people who hung out in the hallways. The bulletproof glass indicated this wasn't a safe area, the $15 toll to leave to the city. The smell of cigarettes and the phone did not work. Also the roach crawling up the wall.

Gas prices in the area and plenty of stores

Really clean and comfortable place but a huge hassle to get...
    • King Room - Smoking

Would go to this place if they have a closer location to Manhattan

Really clean and comfortable place but a huge hassle to get to. Buses stop running after midnight and come every 20 minutes. You have to pay $4.50 each time. After midnight, you are screwed but places itself is very comfortable.

Never again will I stay here.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

So let's not give a 5* to this hotel, Rodeway Capri Inn in NJ. When we arrived at the hotel and got our key for our room when we walked in it smelled of mixture of mold and mothballs there was dry toothpaste on the bathroom counters then the next day we cleaned our own room and when my girlfriend went to tuck in the sheet she screamed and pulled out her hand when we lift up the mattress there sat a man's razor blade. OK Now what maid does not see this when making up the bed? We took pictures before removing the razor and then walked our not so happy butts down to the front desk and demanded to see the manager or the owner of the property. Well long story short we stayed the rest of the weekend there free on them and our money back and what ever else we wanted. No maid service if they are cleaning a room properly would not see a man's razor underneath a mattress. Plus on top of it they're false advertising on the website of beautiful rooms but they're not the rooms when you get there these rooms were nothing like they were on the internet they advertise. There was spilled milk all over the stairs that stay all day like that, there were stray cats running all over the hotel and outside all the garbage cans outside where never emptied there was cigarette butts all over in piles around ashtrays that were so filled that people had no choice but to throw it it next to the ashtray. When we left at anytime we had to put a full glass of water behind our door because we didn't trust anybody that was walking around this hotel, it smelled like a weed Factory like someone was smoking weed in every Hall none of the pop machines or the water machines were filled but all over the hotel, their free breakfast on them was disgusting. This was far from a five star hotel.

It was a place to sleep :)

The location...glass up at check in area (reminded us of a jail, etc), the other guests (begging for money and cigarettes outside).....

The room was clean

Very disappointing stay, not worth the money

Everything could have been better. Very disappointing stay. First off this is a motel, and it's closer to one star. The non smoking room smelled like mold and traces of old smoke. The room was not clean. It was not a comfortable stay. My wife and I got several bed bug bites. The TV signal was full of static. The free WiFi? Dial up aol speeds from the 1990s. The free breakfast? Expect some stale bread. You are not getting your money's worth at this stay, in fact you would have to pay me to go again.

Everything was straight forward to access.

Drop-In Motel

You pay for what you get. Cheap (in price) hotel you kind of expect cheap things. Seems like this hotel/motel was more like a 'drop-in' for residents or those less fortunate. Facility was pretty clean, a bit stinky but like I said, you pay for what you get. Staff seemed a bit frustrated and even hung up on me when I called to get clarification on how to get there from Port Authority Bus Terminal in NY but all of the MTA workers were rude and had very nasty attitudes. Would I stay here again, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Poor
    • King Room - Smoking

The room i had was a smoke room. It Had a very strong smoke smell And i don't smoke but i made a mistake and book the wrong room. So the counter person in charge was not trying to give me another room And om a regular there. I drive 2 hours to get there and can't be comfortable.

Remodel very nice

Not very pleasant

I did not like the room I booked, smelled cigarette and the bed was poorly made. Breakfast very poor.

I like the location of the hotel and its parking facility

The night security guard came to our room being very rude...

The night security guard came to our room being very rude and aggressive over a misunderstanding and instead of letting us stop him to explain he became even more aggressive telling us to not speak .. he later apologized for the misunderstanding but if he had just listened he would of known it was a misunderstanding

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Cable was good,bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean
    • King Room - Smoking

The room wasn't as nice as the last couple of times I've been. I didn't like the furniture.

Cable was good,bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean

CONV

The room was supposed to be non smoking, but it reeked of smoke. People were smoking immediately outside the entrance. Vending machines weren't working. Not the worst room I ever stayed at, but it was close.

The location.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

OK but nothing great
    • King Room - Smoking

The bed was extremely hard. There wasn't any information in the room at all; nothing about local restaurants, not even the one attached to the hotel, no information about the hotel, no information about NYC or anything to do in the vicinity. There wasn't even a phone book you could peruse to get an idea of what was around. Thank goodness for mapqest 😊 "Breakfast" was not what I would call breakfast. There was cereal, tiny muffins, bagels, bread, tiny donuts and beverages. Our first night there were a couple of men in the parking lot right outside our window for several hours. From the activity it definitely appeared that they were selling drugs. not a very comforting feeling. I was also disappointed because I made a note during the reservation that we were there for our honeymoon but no upgrade was offered. That would have been a nice gesture.

It was extremely clean! I stay in hotels often. Usually more upscale. This hotel was cleaner than almost any I had stayed in previously. Location was very close to bus service to NYC. The parking lot was paved during our stay. That was needed more than you can imagine! Pillows were great! Wonderfully quiet. The only sound we heard during our three night stay was the first night. There were children in the room above us running back and forth for a while. Besides that it was completely silent even though the parking lot was fairly full. My husband didn't like the dated decor. I actually thought it was cool. There are mirrors everywhere, including one entire wall in our room. The furniture in our room looked kind of mismatched. For example there was a really neat 70's style chair but the rest of the room was cheap, typical wooden pieces.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Close to public transport and amenities.
    • King Room - Smoking

The sheets were clean but they were put on the reverse side (?) I hope the maid simply made a mistake.

Close to public transport and amenities. Easy access, in and out. Had a mini fridge and a microwave!

very comfortable

potholes galore

overall it was a great stay but theparking lot roadway needs to be fixed,very deep potholes.they were filled with water so u didnt know there was the tremendous holes.

I like the convince of the location.
    • King Room - Smoking

Bathrooms are a little small but it's nothing that would keep us from coming back

I like the convince of the location. My husband and I have spent the last 7 weekends here and we love it

Don't stay here.

When we left.

There were stains on on the matress, red runny stains looked like cool aid that had never been cleaned up. The complmentary lotion was half used, the soap "new" in the package jas long black hair attached to it. The hallways smell like Marijuana..

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Convenient location easy access to major highways, free wifi

Never changed the covers therefore got bedbugs and allergy attack, need to clean up better bathroom need proper cleaning everyday and bedding needs to be changed everyday

Convenient location easy access to major highways, free wifi

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Filthiest motel in the world.

This place was not fit for human habitation. I was never so disgusted in my life. Even after changing rooms. Heater made loud noise, couldn't sleep all night, rock hard bed. Lights in bathroom didn't work. Horrible experience. Very bad smell also.

Nothing at all.. This place is horrible. I will tell everyone I know that it is a cesspool..Not fit for humans. I've seen cleaner garbage dumps. They have nerve charging more than $5.00 per night. They should refund my money...

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Great for long stay clean fridge and microwave.

Sometimes wi-fi is a little spotty and takes a little time or time out before search is finish

Great for long stay clean fridge and microwave. Close to many places to have a meal and Walmart. Complimentary breakfast and wi-fi is great

Everything was awesome i will highly recommend you guys 🌟 🌟...

We only hope there was a remote control for the tv but it didn't bother us much. Other than that, great job

Everything was awesome i will highly recommend you guys 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Not so bad ... anyway for price.

Bath tube bottom sticker pealed out. Breakfast time an woman watched that any guest may has too much food or not. Its no good. We are not thieves.

Room201.better than room 205.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The beds were comfortable, and we liked having a fridge.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The lighting was poor in our room, only an overhead light, the only edible food was cornflakes, and the hallways hadn't been vacuumed.

The beds were comfortable, and we liked having a fridge. It was a convenient location, easy to get to from the GW bridge.

The staff was very friendly.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Smelled like mildew. The tv didn’t work. It was an older property.

The staff was very friendly.

Everything in there was a good I love stainden and there was...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything I was like in there thanks

Everything in there was a good I love stainden and there was perfect

No bed bugs.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Entry to building. The fake free breakfast. The cigarette burn holes in the covers. No working ice machines.

No bed bugs.

The staff at the reception very bad and not helpfully at all...

The staff at the reception very bad and not helpfully at all, The Breakfast is simply. Not a friendly place.

There was a nasty stain on the couch in the room & a...
    • King Room - Smoking

There was a nasty stain on the couch in the room & a stain on the toilet.

tolerable

The Tub fixtures rust around the snobs in bathroom

Wasn't like advertise

The room

The room

Unhappy

They charged me twice and so far they have not refunded me.

You get what you charged for the most.

Quiet

Not so clean

I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A REASONABLE HOTEL NEAR NY CITY. I HAD A VERY GOOD STAY.

THE RUG IN THE ROOM

LOCATION AND VALUE, BREAKFAST WAS OK, STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY, SAFE

It was ok for the money

The Jacuzzi needed cleaning and no in room fridge

Fine

Everything was satisfactory

Everything was fine

Everything was fine.

All was fine

Everything was fine. Easy to book a room. Easy to switch dates

Would not recommend this place to anyone.

There was a spider in the bathroom, curtains and carpet had stains, bathroom door was broken, the place did not feel clean.

Nothing at all

Breakfast options very liminted, coffee tasted horrible

Nothing at all

Okay for a night

Old carpets.a bit run down.could have cream for coffee..instead of powder.more items to put on toast.

Good location.