Reviews of Carlton Motel 2 stars

#50 of 60 hotels in Long Beach

5.6

5.9

5.2

Will never stay there again it was not worth it, this is why I don't like booking on line.
    • Queen Room

I was dis satisfied because the motel was nothing like it looked on your site , the out was some what the same but I expected more from your site, I was better off staying at a truck stop.

Receptionist was not friendly at all, she was unprofessional, as for breakfast was not offered.

Not going back to this place it thought I was going to enjoy my stay, but it end up leaving early.
    • Queen Room

Everything the price, the bedding the towls the pictures are not real this place is a qk fk spot nothing to be exited about.

No eggs, No breakfast, Nothing there to eat,

There was nothing about that motel that I like nothing The...
    • Queen Room

Everything, bathtub was dirty, there was no luxuries, there was supposedly a camera located over the television set to monitor their customers so they did not smoke or do any thing in their motel rooms. No complimentary coffee, microwave doesn't work half the time, no cold water dispenser, or hot water, no ice, no luxuries whatsoever and I paid almost as much as the place I'm staying at now which is a Motel 6! They were not personable you could not even get them to smile. The walls are even painted gray, no coat hangers, it was like a dungeon in there. No complimentary soap in bathroom or by sink., nothing, no microwave in room, it was outside if you wanted a cup of coffee. The you had to stand outside and half the time I could not get that microwave to work. I brought it to the attention that the tub was filthy in the bottom and I want to take a bath, they never cleaned it they walked in there did something and walked out I scrub the bathtub, attempting to get it clean with my own cleanser I had to go by, and to top it off it did not hold water, the plug did not work on the bathtub. It was the worst place I've ever been or seen in my life and I'm 67 years old. Find a Motel 6 before you do anything else because the Carlton Motel is a mess.

There was nothing about that motel that I like nothing The View was a a wall that stood I don't know how many feet high out the window that I had to open just to get light in the room the light bulbs were 25 watts at best maybe 15 so I couldn't even see to put my makeup on So I recommend this place closed down , rethink what they're doing and reopen later when they can accommodate guests that can pay and do pay. also the manager continually was looking and watching every door and if somebody went in he didn't know he harassed the resident. My friend came by to pick me up and I had her come in to wait for me he was right there on it watching her like a hawk to make sure she didn't stay with me overnight. The cameras were the worse I was afraid to dress in the bedroom where the bed was. That's illegal! All in all it was the worst place in the world I've ever been it I've been to some bad places.

Excellent value.
    • Queen Room

The control for the shower need some work to function properly. There is a night light right outside the window. The nightlight puts too much light into the room at night. There was no way to adequately make the room dark to allow optimal sleep.

It was quiet. It’s close to my business location. The room was quite clean. The bed was comfortable.

Good , quiet and comfy
    • Queen Room

The door has a lil gap that is open to outside .. refrigerator was a so so clean .. clean to glances but could be just that refrigerator...

Space, quiet and privacy Cable choice good

Depressing!
    • Queen Room

Additional fee if credit card is used. No safety bar latch on the door. No bottled water as indicated at the office. No telephone, coffee maker or working vending machines. Prison-grey walls. Dead roaches in the parking lot. Huge, almost 2 inch, roach in my room. Headboards from the pictures on this site sitting in the parking lot. Old chairs siting in parking lot. No artwork in the rooms. Bizarre food/tree themed make-shift fabric headboard. Impossible to have the air condition and the tv on at the same time because the air conditioner is so loud.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Paid way too much for room I got refrigerator wasn't cold it smelled like mildew owner walking by room all day and night kept reminding me while smoke how much it costs if I smoke in the room irritating and to top it off I left my two pillows from my house there call them immediately after I left and they said they were not there they completely lied and stole them very very unhappy I will be calling booking in seeing if I can get my money back I don't recommend this place to no one not even a freaking animal

The worst stay ever. All picture are from within the room.
    • Queen Room

Not clean, from missing tiles on base board, footprints on wall/door, fridge not plugged in so not Cold. Room smelled like marijuana, bed had worn out springs and squeaky frame, and holes in the floor covering. I will never return here again. Stayed one night here paid 112.00, I stayed at circus circus Las Vegas paid $130. For three nights and had a way better experience.

Nothing to like what so ever.

Rude treatment with bare necessities
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The owner was VERY unpleasant. He stood behind a caged window with a 6" slot to talk and to pass a credit card through. He did not smile or offer any words except his demands for "credit card, id". When I asked why the charge was $4 more than quoted online, he said "credit card charges". I was surprised at his arrogant manner and lack of pleasantries. But after I discovered that the room had only 1 washcloth for 2 people, I used the buzzer to bring him back to the window cage got another dose of the same. I asked him for another washcloth and the missing hand towels. He said gruffly , "1 mat, 2 bath towels, 1 wash cloth - no hand towels". In disbelieve, I said "1 wash cloth for 2 people?". He was irritated and angrily said, " 1 wash cloth", held up 1 finger to make his point, shoved the window shut in my face, and left the caged room. I walked back to my extremely small room in total disbelief. I have never before been spoken to in such a disrespectful and dismissive manner. Before I reached my room, he appeared, grumpy faced, and silently handed me 1 wash cloth. If there was a breakfast, it was never mentioned and I didn't ask.

secure parking

I didn't like anything about this place, that younger...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like anything about this place, that younger man who was at the office window he was really rude and very unfriendly and seamed very entitled I would never go back sorry.

Was glad to leave there.
    • Queen Room

I didn't like that the owner/manager considers the handicap parking space his personal space. I didn't like being woke at 1:00am with a customer yelling and cussing at the manager because he wouldn't give him another towel. We were two with only one washcloth. Not impressed!

Low Quality Exceeds Low Price
    • Queen Room

1.Extremely uncooperative night manager. He banged on the door just before 11am, informing us that if we needed housekeeping. Since we just fallen asleep, and didn't wish to be awakened Because we paid to stay another day and didn't need to check out that day, and therefore wanted to sleep in a couple more hours, we informed him that we weren't prepared to vacate that moment for maid service, we declined. As a result, when w were to leave the room at 1pm, not only were we denied maid service at that point, the manager actually REFUSED us anymore towels or soaps for the next night, saying we had lost that opportunity at 11am, because we had already "refused any service". BTW, no do not disturb sign wasn't even available. 2.When bathroom light was turned on, extremely loud ventilation system kicked in, that prevented anyone from sleeping while anyone else was in the bathroom, even with the bathroom door closed. 3) Despite sign on the door promising complimentary bottled water in the room, none was provided by the night manager, even when I asked, for our second night's stay

This place is really bad .. I recommend not staying here
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I had two kids with me .. And there only had a queen bed available. So we all had to sleep in the quen bed ... I will never book this motel again .. It sucked

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Good place to stay. Good price. No riff raff. I felt safe.
    • Queen Room

I was satisfied with everything.

Rooms are very nice. It was neat and quiet. Staff and customer service excellent. Location excellent. I will stay again.

Bed was very small blankets was thin

Bed was very small blankets was thin

Clean, friendly staff and good location we

One of the best Motels 2 stars with a 5 star quality

Clean, friendly staff and good location we

It was very comfortable, clean and it’s not like other...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was very comfortable, clean and it’s not like other hotels where some be loud sometimes. Very welcoming staff. Will stay here again if I need to.

No provider in bixby knows.
    • Queen Room

No feed and no channels, through out the night.

The staff was courgel.

Frist timer gets a BLK out in B.Knows.
    • Queen Room

No signal at all, about a hour after I got there. It was about two o'clock when I just gave up, and went bed.

Please these people have no respect for human kind . They need to be inspected for bugs & roachs.

They were rude. Also I told them there were bed bugs they told me that they didn’t care & it wasn’t there fault

The staff in this motel are ride and unprofesional REALLY...

Bad customer service

The staff in this motel are ride and unprofesional REALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

No hangers.

No hangers.

Very clean room

Very clean room

Motel rooms were clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Beds felt like waterbeds. Fan noisy.

Motel rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful and accomodating.

from one to ten and ten being best I say six
    • Queen Room

the blanket smelled of a foul odor like it was never washed but the sheets were OK.

good lighting in parking lot.

Check in guy very unfriendly

Check in guy very unfriendly

Fair

Nice

cool

cool

Scary

Cockroaches

Lesson learned in booking. Get a place that has shuttle service
    • Queen Room

Everything. Mostly staff really brings the place down

Close to some food places

Average
    • Queen Room

Owners to be more pleasant

Average

Bad

Inaccurate diacritics on property

Ok

It's a alright

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Ok for the price
    • Queen Room

The room had a funky smell

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Okay

Didn't change my sheet

Mean owner always

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Older can be so nice.
    • Queen Room

Quiet, relatively noise free. Single level. Small complex.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The pillows were comfortable
    • Queen Room

When my partner and I first walked in their was a roach crawling on the bed.

The pillows were comfortable

Good enough

Smoking room

Very private, kinda reminded me of las Vegas motels, so I felt at home

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Security area

Security area

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Queen Room

Too small and older motel

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Good but could be better.
    • Queen Room

Needs better ventilation or air freshness.

Close to location of our visit.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

It was close to the event we were going to
    • Queen Room

The staff could've been a little nicer to us

It was close to the event we were going to

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Keep searching online, you can find better.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Staff is unfriendly and rude. If you pay with a credit/debit card they charge you more than Booking price. Discount store sheets.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Not a wie choice
    • Queen Room

Shower did not drain properly so by the end of my shower I was ankle deep in water. Sheets and blanket are cheap quality.

Staff is RUDE!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Someone trying to enter my room at 10 pm. Staff is extremely rude. Cheap, ill-fitting sheets on the bed.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Could had been a cheaper stayed for the value
    • Queen Room

Dirty walls and floor. Hair on bathtub.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

It was peaceful.

Could have been cleaner... No phone,no closet,just could have been a little better overall. I was shown three rooms before I was satisfied. Pictures were deceiving to say the least.

It was peaceful.... Outside environment was neat and quiet.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The hotel is not fancy and does'nt look like much from...

Could have maybe had a small snack machine next to the soda machines?

The hotel is not fancy and does'nt look like much from the outside, but my room was very clean, and everything worked properly. Staff is helpful and friendly. A lot of channels on the TV. I liked the hotel's parking lot as it is situated between the hotel and another building, fenced in at the rear with only one way in and out. Your car is safe there. Security cameras mounted on the top of the building.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Inexpensive room in an older motel in a nice quiet safe...

room was cramped, it was supposed to be a Deluxe room, didn't seem deluxe or regular due to cramped room size.

Inexpensive room in an older motel in a nice quiet safe neighborhood. they are seemingly trying to update the small rooms. place was clean.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

The location it was queit, and close to everything I needed.

The microwave didn't work, they only gave 1 wash cloth and one medium towel even though they knew there was 2 people, the towels were pretty bad as far as over uses and color not being white, they don't have an ice machine what kinda hotel doesn't have an ice machine.

The location it was queit, and close to everything I needed. The price.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

I liked the bed as it was soft.

The manager refused to give me a receipt for paying cash. Canceled my reserved 2 night stay. The people that run the place extremely rude. Do not want to give you clean towels for a 2nd night. Read other on-line comments; others had the same experiences on both sits. I had to call the booking co. To have my money refunded.

I liked the bed as it was soft.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

The price is great, the location is ideal for my purposes.

As always we brought our own pillows and bedding. The ones provided here are always less than pleasing.

The price is great, the location is ideal for my purposes. If your looking for a quiet place to sleep and shower this is it, if your looking for a room in which you will spend a lot of time then I recommend spending more money elsewhere. You will not be wowed but it is efficient.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

They try to charge me more then what my reservation said...

Owners

They try to charge me more then what my reservation said never told me it was for a credit card had to call booking.com to let asked what was going on

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

The staff was rude.

The staff was rude. The room always adjacent to the office with the bright office light shining through all night and the loud office noises and conversations all night, the air conditioning would stay on for more than five minutes even though it was blazing hot all night, there was no designated smoking area so the smoke of other guest blew directly into our room, the staff was rude, particularly the older gentlemen.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

They had cable which was pretty cool.

They said there were free water bottles but there wasnt any. One of the ladies there felt like they didnt know what they were doing.

They had cable which was pretty cool. They also had the AC working which was fantastic because it made it more comfy to sleep.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

The wifi.

I had a miscommunication about the online & walk in price... Didn't know the booking special I paid the first time for my layover was only available online, the woman which I assume was the wife, failed to explain that to me. I also had a problem w/ my card, I had to transfer the money from my savings to checking, it only took a minute, but a minute was all she needed to judge me, be absolute rude, keep shutting me out of the window you pay through. I asked that she please have her husband contact me (since I dealt w/ him the first time) so we can talk about the ridiculous price of $78 she tried to charge me vs the $69 from just earlier that week, I was hoping to just get an calm, understanding explanation but the husband was just as rude that time! That along, the experience w/ the staff... Was so uncomfortable, they're absolutely rude & unprofessional. Won't be going back to place!

The wifi.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Wi-fi worked great.

Shower grout had mold, there were black and white leopard sheets on the bed (I felt like I was sleeping in a teenagers bed). Stains on the floor. Bed was a bit too hard. Room was right next to the laundry, had to listen to the washer and dryer for hours. Could not understand a single word the guy at check-in said.

Wi-fi worked great.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Utterly disappointing.

Utterly disappointing. Customer service was nonexistent majority of the time and when it was present, it seems as if they just wanted you out. Their "deluxe queen Room" was the exact same style and size as their regular rooms. Paying more for nothing more. Stay away!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2015

The website told me my total was $56.

The website told me my total was $56. With tax, then I arrive and my card is charged $57.98 Now as thou that is not much of a difference to some, I just don't like the surprise charges to gain more money from the costumers.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2015

The place was small and cozy, and there was a fridge.

I requested late checkout via Booking.com 24 hours in advance and never received confirmation or denial. When I called to check out late, I was yelled at and told multiple times, rudely, that the final time to check out was at 11am, no exceptions. At 10:45 am we were hassled by a knock on our door to clean the room. We got our things together and went to turn in the key, and were blatantly watched/stared at while we put our things in the car. I would have stayed here again if it wasn't for the experience with the staff. Not to mention the walls are very thin and it was easy to hear the couple next door "going at it". This was laughable at most in our situation, since we were traveling as a couple... but if I had been traveling with children it may have been more awkward. Not recommended for families with children.

The place was small and cozy, and there was a fridge. The wi-fi was free. The price was right for what it was and it was available on short notice.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

It was cheap and last minute.

The staff was rude. The owner wasn't friendly when I checked in and it was 10 minutes before check out, we were gathering our things to leave and the man is knocking on the door telling us it is time to check out. I took my time still, and he waited in the lot and watched us pack our stuff. Not friendly but an overall okay experience.

It was cheap and last minute. It isn't in the best area but that wasn't a problem.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

It was perfect!

It was perfect! Small, Comfortable, CLEAN, affordable, in a good part of town, and quiet. The front desk employee was nice...kinda quiet( I didn't mind tho). I was worried that this place was going to be horrible, because of the bad reviews some of the others left. Glad I didn't listen to those people.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

Nothing it sucked

First, I came to check in the person in the window was rude an charged me more than what I was quoted. Then the Manger started r talking real foul. I laughed it off. In the morning I need a towel they refused n then became aggressive with me almost got into a fight wit Manger. Will never ever spend my money their. .

Nothing it sucked

• Reviewed: 14 February 2015

Everything you need is in the room!

Everything you need is in the room! TV with top cable channels,free wifi, a microwave, refrigerator and easy in and out parking. The property is safe, clean, and well located. I will be returning again for sure!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2015

The room was clean, however the floor could have used a...

Refrigerator pretty noisy, I had to unplug it, the toilet was noisy once it was flushed; but the most disappointing was the poor shower pressure for the hot water. These accommodations should not be over $50.00, it was almost $70.00. Not worth the night at this cost!!!

The room was clean, however the floor could have used a dusting. I like the hardwood floors, much better than carpet.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Clean and Quiet

N0 in room coffee

Clean and Quiet

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

Small room, no hot water at sink, no phone, no breakfast...

Small room, no hot water at sink, no phone, no breakfast which was advertised as included, charged more than booked price

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

It was nice,and very well clean quiet I would definitely go...

It was nice,and very well clean quiet I would definitely go back

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

What you get for the price is great.

What you get for the price is great.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Nice people

Customer service

Nice people

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

The room and parking is small the entrance and exit too narrow only one car fits

• Reviewed: 5 February 2016

EVERYTHING dirt on the walls old linen just terrible

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

Tv

Need a lower rate, I stay quite often

Tv

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.