Reviews of Carson City Plaza Hotel 2 stars

801 South Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Carson City

The tv didn’t work n they didn’t fix it until we were departing. They did not clean the room after the 2nd night, did not make the beds or provide clean towels or linens

• King Suite

My fiancé and I rented a suite for a softball tournament he was in. We booked the suite because it had a kitchenette so we could try and save money by cooking our own meals....it would have been nice for them to note that NO cook ware was provided, no plates, no silverware, no pots and pans nothing. On top of all that a room above us or next to us was smoking pot continuously which made our room smell of weed!! At the end of our stay we couldn’t take it anymore so decided to check out a day early. My fiancé called the front to make sure we could be refunded for the night we would not be staying and asked several times if the front desk clerk was sure and she said yes several times we could be refunded for the stay we didn’t use. Upon turning in our room keys she went and spoke to I suppose a manager who then stated since I paid when we arrived we could not be refunded for the night we did not stay!! Absolute horrible customer service!! Would not recommend staying here. Facility was decent but sketchy to say the least. Spend the extra few bucks and go stay at a nice casino!! I learned my lesson.

TV channels are all standard definitions like back in the 90s. The picture qualities of all channels are sucked and our eyes were hurt while watching them. It was a long night for us because couldn’t enjoy any TV programs!!!!

It’s ok.

The motel is looking a little tired. There were stains in the dresser drawers and on the carpet though bedding and the bathroom were clean.

Staff were all very responsive and friendly. They treated guests as though they were visiting in their own homes. Love the breakfast!!

AC is a little dated and not very effective and decor is dated but pros outweigh the cons.

Clean, good location, easy access and parking for large truck. Quiet, comfortable enough. At this price point, facilities are good and the room was spotless.

Lack of signage, mustiness, wish stain was not in sink and curling linoleum, but it was okay for the price, cleanliness was the most important part and quietness. It was close to the athletic fields and eating areas.

Curling linoleum, major rust running from the high drain hole in the sink, toilets did not have a strong flush, smelled musty, but with all that, everything was clean and worked, we just opened the window a bit to air out the room. We had a very quiet night. Our adult son said they had a good nights sleep except for people"s car alarms going off once in awhile. We enjoyed the breakfast but really needed some fresh fruit, meat product, either bacon or sausage and scrambled eggs, The attendants were very nice and keeping everything clean. There were all kinds of soccer kids and it could have gone really bad, but it was a good experience. We have already suggested it to a baseball group coming from Chico in July. Hotel does not show it's name clearly on the main street, so watch carefully for the address to find it.

This 'hotel' is nothing more than an old run-down motel. Be aware when you travel with pets, you have to announce this ahead and they will charge $25/day per pet.

Nice breakfast.

The beds are a little uncomfortable and the bed linens are very rough and scratchy, but that's really nitpicking at this price. Also, it'd be nice to have a coffee maker in the room but again, that's nitpicking.

The staff checking us in was very friendly and personable. We registered stating we have two children and that didn't cross over, but they corrected it and ititgave us extra bath linens to take to the room with us. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful, and felt like a safe location for young children.

I am here for a 3 day scrapbooking event and am loving every bit of this facility! The event is being held in the Event Center located on the property and it is perfect! Our food is catered by a wonderful team and it is delish!!

The room was dated-needed paint, etc. The toilet wouldn’t stop running...had to open tank lid and pull up on shut off valve. Also, the ball cock was spraying water out the top. Evidently the rubber diaphragm inside hadn’t been changed for years. The air conditioner wouldn’t work. Fortunately we had our own fan. We had to open a window for cool air and parking lot noise kept us awake. The internet was soooo slow. Don’t go there!

Breakfast was decent

Beds, Breakfast / Amenities. Also breakfast staff rude / selection of food was poor. Not many options for guest with dietary health restrictions.

Price, location and Pet Friendly.

Very basic breakfast, was sort of looking forward to something good since it was Christmas. Just cold hardboiled eggs, toast and waffles.

The hotel was easy to find, at the main street in Carson City. We were greeted by a very nice lady, had us checked in very quickly. Easy access to WiFi. The room was spacious and very clean. The hotel is located just half a mile south from the restaurants and bars of Carson City.

The lighting in the room was dim and the beds were absolutely horrible. One bed we couldn't even sit on let alone lay on and the other was barely acceptable and was right next to the heater which made for uncomfortable sleeping. The towels were super thin, about the thickness of a handkerchief and the bedding looked old and worn.

The shower was nice and the location was convenient for what we were doing. The complimentary breakfast was fine, nothing out of the ordinary but the room was clean and the food was displayed attractively.

Not much to choose from at breakfast, toasters didn't work well, all in all disappointing. Coffee at the front desk was luke warm, the room had no coffee maker, no lid for the ice bucket, so it melted much quicker, ice machines on the 1st and 2nd floor didin't work, had to go the the third floor for ice. Room was small for a double queen bed room, bath room wasn't very clean for the price paid.

Not very much.

No night life at all anywhere near here - as a matter of fact, Carson City itself is pretty vacant and dead

Cheap place and a decent facility, but no night life at all around the place - kind of disappointing

The hotel is becoming rundown and the staff isn't as friendly. The breakfast used to be good and now it's gross. Not worth the money.

I have stayed at this hotel every year for the for the last five years. It's unfortunate but after this stay, I won't be back.

They tried to charge me $20 for each person over two in a room, and we had 2 queen beds! Really? A room with TWO queen beds sleeps FOUR people. So we had to sneak in my 2 kids. What a scam!! I didn’t have 5 or 6 kids and some sleeping on the floor. No, I had just the right amount, and they made me feel like I was a criminal. The worst part? They had me write down the names of the two people in my room. Really? You want names now? Unbelievable. Turned me off completely. Awful breakfast. Not one protein item at all. Just carbs and sugar. Nice way to ruin a day. The room was super dirty and run down. Like they cut corners everywhere. I have attached photos.

Not a good hotel at all. Terrible design. Lobby upstairs? Stairway by the front door? Crowded and useless. The parking lot was so narrow we couldn’t even use it.

The beds were super uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a rock. My back hurt so badly sleeping in that bed. My 11 year old even told me his back hurt after sleeping in the bed. The headboard fell off on urs the last night we told the front desk they said they will give me a discount the next time we stayed. I don't know if we will stay again to get that discount. I don't understand why they didn't give it to us right then.

Bed was very firm. The breakfast was minimal at best. One maintenance issue, which was reported.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Room was good size and clean. It was mostly quiet. Liked the mini fridge, sink and microwave.

Rooms are fine, but are dated. Breakfast was not exciting, although the lady who was looking after was kind and helpful.

We went to Carson City for A Bridge tournament. The hotel location was right next door, so very convenient. Service was very pleasant.

This motel is definitely a bit on the run down side - the flap over the temperature controls was broken, interior is quite dated (but there is a new, large, flatscreen TV that I didn't use), there was a cobweb in an upper corner of the room, and the counter in the mini-bar area is a bit chipped.

The location is excellent and the price was great, the front desk staff were friendly, so this did the job for us!

Floors creaked. Ok for me on the top floor but felt bad for those below me.

It was clean and quiet if you get a room at the back of the hotel. It's dated but good value.

It was jam packed at breakfast. Must have had a travel group there. No room to sit and the toasters (all of them) were not working!!! The staff in the breakfast room seemed overwhelmed!

The breakfast was an added bonus. Room spacious and comfortable.

The whole place

Whole place was dingy and dirty...the bathtub was very unpleasing...everything really needs painting, cleaning, and updating....dirty diaper right outside the side window..yuk

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was rock hard, towels had hairs on them, bugs in the dressers, and the room service walked in on us before even attempting to knock while my husband and I were in our underwear!

The place is run down with broken blanket and broken lamps. Booking.com is misleading to show those nice pictures with kitchen, there is NO kitchen in the regular room. They also hiding the pet fee on their site. Breakfast was awful. Bad!

Location was ok and easy on the way.

• King Suite

First room smelled bad and looked like the door had been kicked in Got a different room and: Bed too soft Carpets dirty Air conditioner in bed room loud Coffee maker defective Aluminum foil under stove burners

I feel that the breakfast could have more variety. I recommend to include hot meals (like boiled eggs, sausages, scrambled eggs) and a pancake machine.

First of all, the staff was very polite and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and it was very quiet. The parking is large and easy to find. Some rooms are for smokers and some are for non-smokers. I would definitely book the same hotel for future visits and recommend it for someone who needs basic and modest accommodation for fare price.

Breakfast was just above a continentel buffet. Losts of bread cold cereal,oatmeal packets no freash fruit, no choice's of egg's or breackfast meats. Only cold hard boiled egg's.

Air conditioner being tirned of both days of my stay making the room so hot it took hours to cool down. Horrible breakfast

The area around carsen city.

Breakfast was disappointing. Turned on the AC when I left for dinner. Room was still hot when I returned 2 hours later. Didn't cool down till nearly midnight.

The room had a bar sink, fridge and microwave. Could be good for a multi-night stay.

The room had cooking facilities but no utensils. Had a microwave, small kitchen sink, cooktop, refrigerator. Tea /coffee making facilities had to be requested, not standard. Only found this out when we left. After travelling all day we arrived at 2 pm to be turned away until check in time at 3 pm.

Location and ease of access was great. Lift to second floor breakfast room a bonus. Multiple parking areas with easy access choices. Very nice selection for breakfast, fresh fruit on offer and a designated breakfast room with plenty of tables and room to move around easily.

• King Suite

Very outdated for the price. Bathroom was very small and it felt awkward using toilet and shower. Bed sheets were scratchy. There were also bugs popping up here and there and for me, that's just gross.

We liked how big the room was. Kitchen was very cute!

The one thing most inconvenient was the one and only disabled parking spot. So much parking and only ONE marked? My husband has bone cancer and its hard for him to walk distances ..we don't go places much because its very hard. The parking was difficult.

The staff was very nice...room was clean and ready at check in time. Did not have the breakfast so cannot rate. Having an elevator was nice....so very quite at night was wonderful. The room ac kept the room at perfect temp.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Convienant with low price. Have already booked another stay for a group of friends traveling in Sept 2017. Unfortunately, we booked through the hotel front desk while there for 5 rooms

Elevator out of work in the only building they had rooms in and i am diasavled had to walk up and down 3 flights of stairs. Requested smoking room and did not get one. There were also stains om the walls in the room.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We expected two beds, but there was only one. It was creaky, and moved a lot when my wife or I changed our sleeping position. Pillows are hard. We fixed coffee in the first morning and what we didn't drink was still there after maid service and no new coffee packets were left. Breakfast was pretty sparse. No waffles, just English muffins. Eggs were hard boiled, not "fluffy". No TV schedule.

Price was decent, but the room could use some 'refreshing'.

The breakfast is simple without many choices. The facilities are a bit shabby.

The place is in general a nice place to stay if you are short of budge and have little time for choosing place to live. The staffs are nice and friendly.

This place needs a remodel and quickly. We had our dog and perhaps being in Blg 2 with pets could be why the rooms were so dingy. Not even a picture on the wall, very outdated, peeling vinyl floor in the bathroom, towels were equivalent to what you would use as a rag. Staff was nice but we wont be back.

convenient location

the room overheated pretty fast during the night if the windows were closed and the AC turned off.

The breakfast was just perfect, nothing fancy and tasty

It was old. Not kept up. Cracking and old caulking. Things looked dirty but I think everything was just old. Mold in the bath tub. Smelled like my grandma in the room. No bath mat. Bare minimum of everything. No extra towels or blankets or pillows. Just enough to barely get by. I wouldn't have stayed more than one night. It was a bit of an emergency so it did fine for what we needed.

It seemed clean for the most part and there was a room available last minute.

• King Suite

The carpet in our room was pretty dirty. It made our feet black if we didn't wear shoes. Also we had a small bag of french fries sitting on the counter for maybe 10 minutes and some ants showed up. Finally, our alarm went off at midnight & scared us to death & woke us all up. While that may not be the hotel's responsibility, it's just not something you think to check when you are exhausted and crashing for the night. I think the housekeeping staff should always make sure alarm clocks are off!

When we checked in at 9PM, Janet at the front desk was absolutely wonderful. So accommodating, gave us extra towels, told us to let her know if the hide-a-bed wasn't made up so that she could come do that for us (but it ended up being made, so that was fine)... make sure we had the Wi-Fi info, told us where to get our free breakfast in the morning, told us to help ourselves to the water cooler in the lobby to fill water bottles… She was great! Also the free breakfast was great! Hot waffles, oatmeal, toast, English muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, cocoa... for a family of 5 it was a great deal!

• King Suite

Staff and accommodations were good. It has been a while since I traveled and stayed in a motel so the price was more than I expected but compared to the accommodations I was in, more suitable and actually more relaxing. Thank you

Morning staff was rude and incompetent.

Check-in staff at 1pm (early) was great. Room was ready and front desk was very accommodating. Was disappointed there was no pool that was one of my filters for booking. Next morning, I was waiting for the breakfast room to open so I had the lobby coffee. When it wasn't opened by 6:10 (ten minutes late) I went to the front desk. There, I was told that the person responsible for the breakfast did not show. When I asked if someone else was coming, I was given a blank stare and no response. I went to a gas station for a breakfast sandwich and went back to my room. On the way back, I tried to get another cup of coffee. The lobby coffee was empty now. When I mentioned it to the front desk, I was given another blank stare and a look of exasperation like I was bothering her. I decided to check out early. So I packed up and left. When I tried to give the keys to someone at the desk, no body was there. I called out with no response so I left them on the counter. When I left, another guest was pumping on the empty coffee pot. It was obvious that someone hadn't done their job.

This hotel is supposed to be non smoking but the room obviously had been a smoking room. The smoke odor was so strong and there were cigarette burns on the toilet, sink and dresser. The toilet was plugged and the front desk told me that the maintenance person had probably gone home but they had a plunger I could use. I did make them send someone but it took over one hour and a second phone call. Speaking of a phone call the phone was not working in the room so I had to use my own phone to contact the front desk. You had to be very careful with the shower curtain because if it wasn't just so the bathroom floor was flooded causing the carpeting outside the bathroom to get wet. I also had body spray taken from my room which I assume was the cleaning staff.

There was nothing I liked about this hotel.

Deodorizer smell WAY to strong. A little outdated but that didn't effect our stay at all. Need new breakfast equipment (waffle maker for sure). This is more of a continental breakfast.

Clean..Clean..Clean Real friendly staff. Close to everything you need. Definitely a bargain.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The price per night was a little expensive.

The room is big, it has a mini fridge and microwave, which is convenient. Breakfast is included. The beds are fairly comfortable. I liked the small soaps, they have a particular shape that gives you a small massage when showering. Although, I did not travel with a dog, I liked that this place is pet friendly. Besides, there is a gas station very close to the property.

Room was dirty, chairs all have stains on them!!!! Hair in the bathtub Free breakfast was a joke ! poor selection no juice, dry waffles pre made, junk!

The carpet was duty and the bathroom floors. The mattress was uncomfortable. The check-out was a 11am, we did the check-out at 10:40am and the clerk made a comment "I was about to call you, it's already late" I told her we suppose to check out at 11, we still on time, she acted like she was plying around.

Location is close by everything

Walls and ceiling were super thin. We could hear the guy snoring all night next door and had to actually complain about the kids jumping & running on the floor above us.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I realize some people will have a good experience here but mine was awful so it's a dice roll. The TV didn't work so a handyman came and lugged the old heavy one out and brought another in. He was the only efficient man here. The next morning the hair dryer didn't work so I called and the trusty handyman came again and installed a new one. I was gone all day and when I returned the new TV didn't work so he came again and fixed it. I was at the hotel for a conference and made my reservation before I knew it would be at this hotel. So I asked the desk if there was a discount as a conference attendee and she said yes but I couldn't have it because I made my reservation through booking.com. What about a senior discount? Same answer--no because I made my reservation through booking.com. I had read here that it was an old hotel and I like old buildings but I didn't know that everything in the hotel is old and falling apart. Obviously I would not stay here again. I've stayed in many hotels through booking.com and I've given mostly very high ratings. In other words, I am easily pleased but I sure didn't like this place.

the location

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Checked in at 3 AM but still had to checkout by 11 AM. Also, very noisy from other rooms/cleaning of the other rooms.

Central location. Vending machines. Staff was helpful & pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Breakfast was lacking hard boiled egg only. Window above A/C was damaged heavy amounts of mold and leaking on inside. Bed was as hard as a rock, I could feel every spring. I would rate this below motel 6 in a bad area.

it was a quit stay and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Would like a table lamp on the desk with outlets in it so I don't have to pull the desk away from the wall to plug in my laptop, etc.

Comfortable and the heater worked well; it was very cold in Carson City on this visit. Nice quiet place.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

it was very chill. Me and my friend went to Snowglobe and we were able to get uber drivers. And it was no problem coming back very late. And we got free breakfast in the morning after a long night out which was really nice!

I was in room 209 the floor was very squeaky thought I was disturbing the people under me on the first floor. The carpet should be replaced. No ink pens on writing pads.

Rooms were clean, four building's surprised me at the size of the facility. Free breakfast was a good offering. Liked having a refrigerator and micro wave in the room. Channel line up was nice. A major Casino right across the street plus a mall plus downtown is close.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Towels should have been change to new, they all like really old of using too much... I recommend bring your owns.

Room kind of clean and location is awesome peaceful.. love their staff service, very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

It's hard to find something we didn't like, but if I had a single complaint it would be that the parking was a little weird for large trucks.

We had a long trip and many activities and the staff made our late check in a snap. We were provided a quiet, clean, comfortable room with lots of space for the two of us.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The filthy disgusting rooms bugs and blood on mattress. Staff rude. Stayed a week was not offered a reduced rate or comp. Taking pics to health dept news media and social media on monday.

Barely anything

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

I enjoyed everything and would love to stay again in the near future.Wonderful

Wonderful breakfast!I would recommend staying,especially if you want a hotel w/o a casino😃 There is one right across the street with a wonderful restaurant!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The bathroom felt like a phone booth (for those of us who remember those).

Our room was very close to entrance and parking. The complementary breakfast was a nice touch. Close to downtown for those interested in museums and history.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

It was quite sad that there was no possibility to make an earlier check in.

We were really happy about really nice staff. Thank you for all the help and care :)! Also they have good laundry place :)

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

We arrived for breakfast 30 minutes before the deadline and there was literally nothing left except coffee and OJ. Bed comfort was terrible.

Location was good and staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Breakfast starts way too late, traveling people get up early and get on the road between 4 and 5 am. We have no time for late starting breakfast

Room was clean

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Housekeeping came twice and each time knocked and entered the room without waiting for a response. In my experience you generally wait for a response before barging into a room. Facilities were old and in need of repair.

Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Suite

Room was musty smell air conditioners didn't work fan only just not good circulation of air breakfast was not to impressive pretty minimal options to basic

Nice little kitchen area set up nicely staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Not disappointed.

Perfect location for exploring the Capitol on foot. Check-in staff (Janet ) friendly & very helpful with directions. Quiet room even though it faced Main Street. Breakfast plentiful & tasty.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The a/c was not working properly. The tv was very small and we did not have a channel guide. The toilet was clogged.

The room had a small refrigerator and microwave.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• King Suite

pillows were a bit hard. a little bit noisy outside.

very big room. perfect to spend a night after visiting lake tahoe. nice bathroom, really big and clean.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

We missed some fresh fruit, maybe some oranges or apples would have been nice but other than that it was fine.

Location was great, room was clean, spacious, and the beds and pillows were great.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• King Suite

That was the worst place I've ever been! The towels and bedding were dirty, not changed and in the room was smoked!!! I coudn't breath and sleep because everywhere in the room was stinking the cigarattes.

Nothing!!!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

The breakfast was ok, but the condition of the room was not good at all. As soon as I walked in a room I smelled stong cleaning chemicals, the bathroom door had a hole in it and was not properly adjusted, as well as entree door! Beds were ok, for price we payed! I can not demand five star service from this paticular hotel but it's never a bad thing to pay attention on a such details

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

It is definitely in need of updating. I felt sorry for the people in the room below me when I was taking a shower because it loudly creaked and groaned every time I moved. The man checking out ahead of me said that when someone walked on the floor above him, the lights would shake.

Free continental breakfast.

Needs bathroom upgrade.

The breakfast was so bad . McDonald's would have been a better choice by far.

The fact that it was so close to our son's house.