Reviews of Holiday Inn Resort - Catalina Island 3 stars

888 Country Club Drive, Avalon, CA 90704, USA

#10 of 12 hotels in Avalon

Just horrible
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was in very bad condition. Felt more like a cheap hotel and not what was expected with "newly remodeled rooms." In the room there was alot of patch work, rust, drainage issus in shower, drip from ceiling, sink had leak, shower door didn't close fully. The bedding quality was poor, with lumpy pillows and the TV picture was blurry. We were only given a set of two towells when there were three people staying. The resturant food quality was poor and everything was terribly overpriced at this hotel. Shuttle sercice advertised since hotel is on hill but shuttle is a regular sized mini van that comes every 40 min or so. Once 7 people are in line before you, you can be waiting for another 40 min (not how I expected to spend my vacation). I dont know how this is affiliated with Holiday Inn. Staying at this hotel was a horrible experience.

Staff was nice. Pool was quiet in AM.

Good, restfull sleep. You need to organize your hours to accomodate guest arrivals and departures.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

A Holiday Inn with no breakfast????? I can't believe it. We stay in less category Hotels and breakfast is always included. In adition, the bistro is closed for breakfast and lunch!!! Furthermore, in Catalina, ferrys arrive @ 10:30 A.M. and you can't get into your room untill 3PM! At 11 A.M. Staff rush guests to vacate the room, while the next ferry doesn't leave untill 4:30 P.M. That is so wrong!

Very nice room, very clean, staff super friendly.

Excellent stay if your looking for a place that offers a shuttle to and from the plaza.

Noisy in the middle of the night on the weekend.

Awesome place to stay. A little noisy at night but that's expected in Catalina. We did see some daddy long legs in the room and bathroom so be aware. Otherwise the place is cool.

The room and hotel was BEAUTIFUL

The room and hotel was BEAUTIFUL Everything was nice Staff was so helpful You are able to be picked up and droppped off downtown and at the port which is super nice If you walk downtown it’s about 15 and about 20 if your carrying bunch of stuff lol Jose and Ruben the drivers were funny and definitely helpful recommending places Would definitely book again !

It was nice stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The heavier comforter on the bed had a stain or two which made me question cleanliness, hair on the floor in bathroom when my husband and I first entered and when staff came in they put the trash on the end of the bed to take out garbage while my husband was in the bed.

The patio space and comfortable bed

The room were beautiful huge bathroom but smaller than...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Amazing looking property my only problem was how far it is from town but it definitely made up for it by the room

The room were beautiful huge bathroom but smaller than expected shower. Nice amenities

It was fine for one night but will probably stay somewhere else next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too noisy. We could hear the pool noise, outside noise and upstairs. The walls are very thin. Once the pool noise stopped it was quiet.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable.

Great value for the price!
    • Double or Twin Room

Wasn’t able to take advantage of the kids eat free offer which let us to book this hotel. The hotel restaurant wasn’t open which was an inconvenience for breakfast.

The rooms were actually very clean and cozy.
    • Double or Twin Room

pool area was not well maintained. There was no towels and we waited quite a while for them to replenish. The hot tub looks like it's falling apart and very dirty

The rooms were actually very clean and cozy. The restaurant at this location was cozy but the staff was amazing! Even the shuttle bus drivers were great.

Room was clean and beds comfortable.

Plumbing failed, the front desk sent someone to fix it, failed again. Bistro should be open for lunch and dinner, not just after 4.

Room was clean and beds comfortable. Grounds well kept. Shuttle to town was quick and very helpful.

Staff was amazing with accommodations, I got sick at some...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was amazing with accommodations, I got sick at some point and over slept day of check out, I called the front desk right away, and they were kind and friendly to extend an extra hour at no extra charge, giving me ease and peace of mind 😃

Horrible Holiday Inn.
    • Double or Twin Room

Asked for 2 beds, was rudely informed they only had a 1 king bed available. Had to go to desk later that evening and ask another desk clerk, he said yes we have rooms with 2 beds avail, so we switched rooms the next day. Was overcharged 200.00, was told it was an error, that I would get my money credited in 5 to 10 business days. Asked for a receipt upon check out, same first rude clerk said she couldn't print one out because I booked it on booking ( same excuse for everything was blamed on me booking the room with Booking.com) Smoke alarm in room went off at 4am, had to remove it from ceiling ( I'm 5' 4") she ( rude clerk) never apologized for it. Shower was horrible. I will most likely never use booking .com again, 2nd time I've been to a hotel, where I get less the stellar treatment and amenities aren't what booking says they are.

I enjoyed exploring the island and then going back to the hotel, it was so comfortable and relaxing!
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I hated the fact that it's located up a steep hill, unfortunately for us we didnt know they provided shuttle to and from the hotel...big mistake walking there...learn from my mistake and take the shuttle there.

The bed was heaven, I slept like a baby!...it was so peaceful at night...although I stayed with my husband I liked that it was a family friendly resort!

Room for improvement! Was it because it was off season or because everyone was on ‘Island time’?
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

I found the staff to be overly laid back and didn’t care about much, so not very helpful. There were a lot of workers staying there and they were kind of annoying in the evenings. The restaurant was not open on the days we were there which was not convenient. The room was ok... showing signs of wear, beds are very firm, big shower without much shelving or a seat to put your items on.

I liked the location. It was a little further out of town and the property was spacious. Nice views of Avalon at night.

The restaurant on site is fabulous.

The restaurant on site is fabulous. I had breakfast here once and dinner twice. We ate at a few places around town and nothing else came close to their quality of food and their staff. Our waiter, Cris, was a sweeatheart. Even if I wasn’t staying at the resort, I would eat at the restaurant.

The staff was really nice the room was clean and nicely...

The access to the room. It was raining and I’m pregnant and I had to walk down a slippery slope to get to my room. There was no elevator available Check in time is 4pm and check out is 11am which is not even a 24 hour stay.

The staff was really nice the room was clean and nicely decorated. The pool and jacuzzi was nice and clean. It was nice that there was a complimentary shuttle that got us to and from the room

The property and rooms were very nice.

A little to far from town.pretty steep hill walking to hotel.

The property and rooms were very nice.the bed were very comfortable.had a nice pool and jacuzzi.

lovely spot, isolated from noise in town, nice view, and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

constant noise from yelling of drunk people in hot tub/pool, which the hotel staff did nothing as far as we can tell to discourage, which made an otherwise idyllic location seem a little bit like being in cancun on spring break

lovely spot, isolated from noise in town, nice view, and with pool and hot tub which were relatively unique to avalon hotel options.

Bed was comfy and liked our little private deck.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant on site was not open so we had to travel by shuttle anytime we wanted a meal

Beautiful setting- shuttle service was continuous and prompt

Good. Customer Service = None

The front desk service was not up to our expectations. Being a small island, we expected more friendliness and enthusiastic energy. We came in early Wednesday morning and were told no rooms were available and the young lady would give us a call once a room was available. Having a 3 month old, it woild have been nice to obtain a room. We understand check out time and that the room had to cleaned. I had to call and see if rooms were available. I was told "Oh yes, a room just opened." As we get there, we see a rack of room keys ready to be distributed. We are wondering if those occupants were informed. As Wednesday night comes around 740pm, we called to check when the last shuttle operates. We needed to grab take out that we had ordered. The gentlemen working in the front desk answered and made it a point to tell me that There is a list of timing on the front of the hotel lobby entrance which states the times. Then, the same front desk gentlemen didn't have an answer to where the driver was or around what time the shuttle driver would be there to pick guests up. Mind you, it was cold and windy and we have a 3 month old. The attitude given was not proper and uninformative. Besides the 2 shuttle drivers who gave impeccable service, I would not recommend this hotel purely based on front desk etiquette.

The room was clean as well as bathroom and beds. The patio was a great addition. The shuttle drivers were awesome and informative! So fortunate to have them!

if you don't have fun on Catalina island its your problem.
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be better if the hotel made more of an effort to advertise the courtesy shuttle to and from the hotel. Walking with luggage to the hotel isn't fun or easy.

I liked the hotel and the location away from the crowds.

staff was very friendly and helpful.

the heater in my room was not working, it was after hours and no was available to fix it. They change me from room where the heater was working much better. I was so grateful.

staff was very friendly and helpful.

very enjoyable. food in resturant was very good. we enjoyed the fried chicken. would of like to try
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

People at desk at night could of been more helpful. Not so friendly!!

Room was very nice. I booked the reservation a year pryor tp get a doable rate i could afford. Very happy you honored the booki g. Price was good.

Relaxed and easy .
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

The payment can out of my card unexpectedly. The original booki g indicated i would pay at the time of check in .then days before the stay your system billed my card and nearly caused an over draft. Later i read the small print and it stated "card maybe billed at any time" this needs to be disclosed more plainly not in thefine print!!

Hotel staff very friendly

Nice location with needed room repairs.

Rooms in disrepair. Something wrong with all 3 rooms we moved to. Broken drawers, electrical wires exposed. Coffee maker dusty. And full of calcium deposits.

Ophelia, front manager was great. Night maintenance man great. Shuttle drivers great. Restaurant good

We cannot wait to return next summer!
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

That we were not able to stay longer! LOL!!!

The excellent staff! Manager Ophelia Casillas? Andrew & Tim (front desk), Leddy & Maria (restaurant), Salvador and the rest of the drivers that took us back and forth to plaza, and housekeeping staff. It was a wonderful stay’

Smelly old room with mold
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was smelly with old furniture no decorations but a mirror . Mold on the restroom walls and floor crawling with ants. It's far from being a resort. Please be advised stay here is not worth the price. Not to holiday in standards.

The shuttle drivers where polite and great help

Overall nice, appreciated the shuttle service

No food available on property Shower failed to drain and flooded the bathroom and into the area by the closet Couldn't open bathroom door and closet door at the same time as closet door swung out vs sliding

comfortable beds

The Holiday Inn was a great part of our getaway! Thank you for all you did!

It was confusing to find the lobby, there was no sign outside.

The property was situated in a quiet, woodsy area...not very far from the main streets of Avalon, but enough to feel away from it all. The rooms were comfortable and quiet, but we were there in off season so it was just about perfect. Lots of outdoor areas to relax in. Decent breakfast at the bistro on the terrrace. Staff were helpful, and let us check in early to store our bags before our zip line tour. Convenient and friendly shuttle service from the hotel to main streets for the times we didn't want to walk. Very romantic, relaxing couple days on Catalina Island. I would definitely stay here again!

Rooms had nice patios to walk out to, a shuttle constantly...

The beds were firm, although everyone's bed preference is different! The main issue was the shower, seems housekeeping didn't check the drains to make sure the showers didn't clog, which they did on us even with a quick shower. My dad took out the drain and it was full of hair, which could have been easily avoided if housekeeping or whoever cleaned the showers would have just cheched the drain. The hotel did refund us some money for the issue though.

Rooms had nice patios to walk out to, a shuttle constantly ran throughout the day into the late evening to go into town and come back to hotel safely. The rooms are nice, kinda tight on space, but being on an island, everywhere is tight spaces.

Excellent place to stay! taking the family back next year!
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing the shower could have more shelves or maybe a stool :)

Bed and PILLOWS were super comfortable, the view was amazing, the hot tube was awesome and the shower pressure was perfect :)

Almost perfect

The booking onl charged me for one night had to straighten it out on arrival

The bistro had the best service the waiter Chris took excellent care of us the rooms were very clean

It was okay, but not worth the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor in the bathroom got a little flooded when we used the shower, and some of the towels weren't properly cleaned. 3 towels had eyeliner makeup stains on them which we did not appreciate.

The front desk staff was very helpful

I will stay here whenever I visit Catalina!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The people next door to our room were super loud.

The rooms were very nice. Loved the outdoor patio area. Views great! Farther from town-so quiet. Free and frequent shuttles.

Horrible stay

We had BED BUGS IN OUR ROOM I TOOK PICTURES AND MY LAWYER WILL MAKE CONTACT ON TUESDAY 9/5/17. I ALSO TOOK VIDEO & PICTURES!!!

Tyler was very helpful

Very very nice staff.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Very very nice staff. Room on 3rd floor with balcony and high ceiling was lovely. Clean bathroom with large shower. Shuttle to and from ferry and town gave nice option to walking-walk down to town and catch ride back. The independent restaurant on the property serves a wonderful breakfast and delicious dinners (make a reservation!).

Very helpful shuttle drivers

Ants in the room Air conditioner caused "moisture"- Concern about risk of respiratory problems for family members

Staff at desk courteous Shuttle access + helpful shuttle drivers Breakfast omelettes delish Excellent female server

The hotel looked like a deserted city even though it had people continuesly.

Employees were there. However they just want finish their shift. There is not control at he luggage room. Anyone can still from families members. The selection of snack and services in general are limited.

Is close to Catalina downtown and other attractions. Excellent shuttle services.

You $50.

You $50.00. Deposit. I want to know when i will get it Back. Please answer my question as soon is possible. Or wil star complaining in Face Book. My Name Jorge Sandoval.

great value and lovely, modern property

check out staff was less friendly than the check in staff. They just seemed a bit stressed.

staff at check in put us in a room with more privacy, in a quite area of the property since we were on a romantic getaway. We avoided the families with small children, had a quiet patio where we enjoyed dinner and breakfast ( using the fridge & microwave in our room) and we even got upgraded to a room with a two person jacuzzi tub! It made our trip that much more special and relaxing

Modern decorated hotel with free shuttle service to downtown and the ferry.
    • Double or Twin Room

Some cobwebs in the room, and TV cable connection was fuzzy (not a clear picture). Could have been a loose cable but we didn't watch TV anyways. Handset on the phone had a dead battery when we arrived, but our room was in close proximity to the main office, we just walked around the corner and the staff took care of our needs. We stayed on the 3rd floor which is the main level. Room above had kids? that were running and romping from 2:30am-4:00am! My husband stood on the bed and pounded on the ceiling. It ceased for 30 minutes but started up again. Someone else must have complained because it stopped around 4am. Because we reserved our room through Booking.com, we were not able to use our IHG membership # and did not receive credit for our stay. When comparing prices for our reservation, the Holiday Inn did not have 2 rooms available for our dates, but Booking.com did for the same price. We chose Booking.com so did not get points.

Location was not too far to walk to downtown if you are healthy and like exercise due to being up a steep road. Located next to the Country Club and golf course. Shuttle service to/from hotel is 10-15 minute wait, and runs all day for people who do not want to walk or have bags. We walked down everyday, but with groceries or at night would take the shuttle which runs until 9:45pm. We arrived at 10:30 am from the ferry and had a room to place our belongings so we would not have to carry them all day. There is a snack shop in the lobby with sodas, fruit, juices, toiletries, and even little champagne bottles for purchase. I had breakfast at the hotel restaurant in the morning and the omelet with hash browns was very good. Food was fresh and hot, and a large portion. Reasonably priced. Pool area is small but kept clean. We chose this hotel because it had a hot tub. Pool open until 10pm. Each room comes equip with a good size refrigerator, Kuerig one cup coffee maker, and a microwave. Wi-fi code is free and will automatically connect every time you are on property, unlike some hotels that make you sign in after being disconnected. Room was nicely decorated and furniture, tile, and accessories were modern looking. Queen bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows for us. We requested twin beds for our second room but was not available. They were able to bring a roll-away bed to accommodate sleeping arrangements. Our room had a nice balcony with seating for 2 and every room faced the pool or the gardens. Not a bad view anywhere on the property. We chose this property because of the corporate name and the reputation of quality staff/service. Other hotels in the area for same price range looked worn and out dated linens. Holiday Inn was modern with fresh decor.

Position of the ac unit very awkward and hard to regulate .
    • Double or Twin Room

Position of the ac unit very awkward and hard to regulate . The restaurant there was terrible. Service bad, food terrible and very unorganized. Staff at front desk was great and the property is pretty

Nice beds, clean room, responsive staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

7:30 AM water aerobics class on Friday woke me up. A bit far from town center. We can walk but not everyone can. Shuttle didn't run on predictable schedule.

Nice beds, clean room, responsive staff.

Not worth the money vacation
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

Too far to walk to the town, the balcony had standing water both nights on the floor I broke out in a rash from the murky jacuzzi and there was water up to my ankles near the pool so we couldn't even use it. When we arrived at the hotel the reception was terrible. I was trying to get checked in and the reception was less than hospitable. The wait time for shuttle vans was over a half hour and they only work till 930 so if you have any activities beyond then you need to take a taxi and they are few and far between. We waited for over 1 1/2 hours for the taxi.

Some of the staff were nice

Free shuttle and shuttle drivers were very good

The restaurant was not good. The air conditioning was very poor in the room. Pool furniture could have been cleaner/nicer

Free shuttle and shuttle drivers were very good

Low value for your money - A lot of Ants in room/bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

Value per money paid for the room, Shower drain clogged, alot of ants in bathroom, which is unacceptable

Staff was nice and helpful - Shuttle service was good

Holiday Inn best place to stay on Catalina Island❤️
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

Staff especially Ophelia the manager is so friendly and accommodating! Beautiful property! Relaxing! Comfortable beds! Shuttle drivers up and down hill so friendly!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

They provided shuttle service from the dock to their...
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

They provided shuttle service from the dock to their facility and were unable to accommodate more than one family at a time(small mini van) It was a hike to the hotel so I asked about where the shuttle would pickup and was told they only provided service From the hotel to the dock and I should go to the nearest restaurant and have them call a taxi. I've decided if I go back to the island I will stay elsewhere.

Birthday turn up

The air conditioner wasnt working well.i was hot all night....couldnt enjoy juccuzzi to many people waiting to use it also.

The location and patio...bathroom light settings where cute..i took alot of pictures inside the restroom 😂

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Great hotel ok location.

The location of this hotel is the worst on the island. There is 2 shuttles going back and forth all day. The most we waited was 5 minutes.

The bed abd pillows were comfortable. The rooms are contemporary. There is a microwave and mini fridge in each room.

Very comfortable, clean amd many amenities

The shuttle service was great but It would be nice if it ran a little later at night. Especially on the weekends. 9:45 seemed a little early. But still a great service

Very comfortable, clean amd many amenities

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Just ok. Me and my family would not stay here again.

Housekeeping which provided poor service, not to mention being rude and unfriendly.

Loved the French toast, waiter in restaurant, front desk staff and shuttle drivers were all so friendly. The housekeepers were unfriendly. We were told "no" when asking for 2 extra towels 2 days in a row. Our room was not cleaned during our 3 day 4 night stay.

Loved the hotel, but they got to be more active with shuttle due to property location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was located on top of hill. We gave up waiting for shuttle on most occasions and walked up and down hill. Bummer. They stopped at 9pm when we most needed them as we went to movie at casino.

I loved the room and facilities. The bed was very comfortable. Slept great.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Steep walk but clean and comfortable hotel

Room connected by door to another room who were really noisy! Shuttle bus was very infrequent if you couldn't walk

Comfortable bed and lovely shower

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Great place if you're there to 'party'.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

The property is in the process of being upgraded so there was trash piled in view - removed furnishings, etc. Also, because of a pool and spa the property encouraged 'outdoor' behavior and unfortunately there were children staying at the time who ran up and down the stairs outside our room and were loud in the pool area. We were there for an annual race which required early to bed, early to rise and clean up facilities. Prior hotels had facilities for racers to shower after completing their run.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Felt cheated, book somewhere else
    • Standard Double Queen Room

I made reservations here because I thought it had an onsite restaurant, useable hot tub, and close to downtown. This hotel advertised that there was a hot tub outside. The hot tub was closed off and not available to anyone. Also advertised a restaurant, which was closed and being renovated. The hotel is not near downtown and have to walk a mile straight up a mountain. I'm glad I like the exercise, but for people that are elderly, out of shape or disabled, the walk is very strenuous. They have a free shuttle that takes you down the mountain, but you have to wait for it and it closes at 8pm. So if you have dinner downtown around 6pm or 7pm plan on walking 2 miles back to the hotel up a steep incline. I really think that the hotel should've warned me about the hot tub being closed, onsite restaurant being closed, and the big hike i must take to the hotel when I made reservations online. This should be posted on their website and their posting on booking.com. I felt cheated and would've booked somewhere else if I knew.

Clean and loved my private balcony!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Clean, Quiet location, shuttle service and good Spa
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

Quiet location away from the water-front, but at an elevation which gives good views of the waters from the balcony/patio. Complimentary shuttle between the resort and downtown/ferry terminal all day. Recommend the Spa at the resort.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

December 2016

The restaurant was closed and the hot tub was not working. The staff was not very friendly.

The shuttle service and driver. We were able to get a late check out.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Terrible hotel with great spa

I booked this hotel as they accepted gift certificates from the chamber of commerce before it became a Holiday Inn. When we arrived I was told that they no longer accepted the gift certificates. Our room wasn't ready but we expected that as we arrived early in the day. We stored our luggage at the hotel and were told by the front desk staff that we would be called when our room was ready. We never got called. On top of that when I complained about the lack of call the front desk staff was very rude. Our room was ok, the bed was fairly comfortable but the tv didn't work properly. Half the screen was normal and half was muted colors. A k-cup coffee machine was present but no tea options and only 2 sets of sugar and stirrers. We had breakfast at the hotel which was astronomically expensive and terrible. The hot tub was broken and the 'heated' pool was ice cold. We asked for a late checkout (checkout was 11am and check in 4pm) and rude staff again said we could have till 11:30. Plus the hotel is up a very steep hill which means getting to and from the town center is difficult unless you use the shuttle which stops at 9:30 at night. Not very helpful when you take advantage of the nightlife in town. Will never stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

The spa at the hotel was great. We had a fantastic experience and our masseuse were excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

If you don't expect much, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Construction work in the room next door which stretched until 8:00 pm on a Friday night was annoying. There was a yapping dog across the courtyard. Paper thin ceiling - the neighbors conversation upstairs was audible. No free breakfast.

The benefit of staying here was the close proximity to the start of the Catalina Eco Marathon. The room was clean and newly updated. It had a fridge and microwave which came in handy.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Nice hotel and restaurant, could have better hotel service.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

We didn't know how far away the hotel was from the pier, it was a bit of a surprise. The front desk staff was pretty much non-commital to questions on how late the restaurant was serving (this information should be vital to hungry patrons at all hours) or to when the free shuttle for the hotel was coming and going. They couldn't even offer a 2nd blanket and claimed to not know where housekeeping even kept linens. Not impressed with front desk staff, wish they had been more helpful and friendlier.

Seaport Bistro restaurant was very good for breakfast and dinner. Hotel rooms were beautiful, clean and what you'd expect, beds were very comfortable with fluffy pillows. We stayed two nights, one night in a deluxe double room and then in the Spa King room.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

I want to return!
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Swimming pool a bit cold. Couldn't charge meals to room, but I understand this will be rectified in the next few weeks. (A bit of building work going on which didn't affect us and isn't happening at weekends or evenings.)

Staff very helpful and friendly. Although hotel is up the hill from the town there's a free shuttle taxi from ferry and from centre of town. It's also easily walkable. Restaurant excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Filthy room, poor service
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Room was filthy, I dont think they washed the sheets blankets. They looked wrinkled, and didnt smell washed. No clock. Had to plug in something behind nightstand, phone jack was coming apart, and lots of dirt, webs, and dust. Check in after 4pm is ridiculous. Checkout at 11, you have 5 hours to get rooms ready, and none are ready until after 4pm all at once.

Drivers nice, and timely.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Ok
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Free breakfast should be included like all other holiday Inn hotels offer. Also HBO is usually offered. Would have been nice to have a bath tub. The platform beds are too hard. the A/C did not work well the ice machine not working

Location, grounds nice, staff ok

Embarrassed

We had family of approx 20 people mom dad siblings and significant others. Waited way too long for rooms to be ready. Staff was not kind, I am incontinent due to extreme back surgeries. Housekeeping did not change our bedding (slept in soiled bedding the next night) But instead they put a coupon for depends on my pillow. (This is something I don't announce to my family, even my husband!) thank you staff they now all know! I am very embarrassed! Needless to say I cried all weekend!!!! What can you do to make things right? FULL REFUND FOR ME!! I am devastated about this whole weekend. This was not a memorable moment for me!!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

I would stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Courtyard View

no free breakfast and the storage forl luggage for guest whom are waiting.. my daughter said someone stole from her bag inside of your big ole storage closet.. she complained all the way home. politely

everything almost

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Room was clean and beds were very comfortable.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

A little far but the van/shuttle ran frequently.

Room was clean and beds were very comfortable. Van/shuttle drivers and restaurant staff at resort were extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Restaurant was very good.

This hotel could benefit from a professional staff running the front desk. First impression is everything. Also the hotel was not very accommodating. I had a 10:00 spa appt, check out is at 11:00 and I couldn't get an extended check out. I was spending 260.00 at the spa and you can't extend my stay for an hour on a Sunday...really????? The room could have had a few more amenities for the price of the stay.

Restaurant was very good. Spa experience was good. I like that the hotel is off the beaten path.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Great place to stay, thought neg reviews were way off.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Check in time is 1600, shuttle needs to be tracked/scheduled better. The walls are THIN! I could hear the guy next door snoring and his alarm and subsequent reset.

Beds were great, room was clean and everything worked. Loved the fact we had our own porch. Pool and jacuzzi were key. The walk up "the hill" wasn't that bad. The remodel is still going on so don't plan to sleep in. Staff was super.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Exceeded expectations!

It is a great property

The pictures don't do it justice. The property is cozy, clean, and relaxing. I love that is wasn't a huge place but also not a tiny hotel. The room was great and the bed/pillows were so comfortable. The bathroom was really modern and the rooms had nice patio space that looked out over the resort, the mountain, or the ocean. I would definitely recommend this place and definitely stay here again. It was also really nice that the hotel had a pool and hot tub. There is a complimentary shuttle to the downtown area and the port. Although there is a shuttle, the hotel is still very close to all the main areas of interest as the island itself is small.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Quiet retreat within walking to everything.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

It was under construction but will be great when it is done.

The beds and shower were both great. They had a van to pick you up and return you to the dock the dock so you wouldn't have to walk with your luggage. After leaving your luggage it is only a short walk to town.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

I like the easy access to the Main Street, it wasn't too far of a walk, and the

Perhaps the staff could have been a little more helpful on some recommendations on the island. One staff in particular told us everything shuts down at 9:00, but we noticed a few bars were still opened

Very clean rooms, comfortable bed, and no cheap looking furniture

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Love Catalina Canyon, my favorite place to saty was Villa Portofino but not anymore :}
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Only one shuttle driver gave me a hell, don't remember the name, tried to make me embarace inside of the shuttle when it was full of people on my first trip & second. I think I am a nice person but if it comes to deal with rude & mean person I will act the same or worse, he also made me be late @ my Scuba Diving class about 25min. & that was my first time to be late cause of him, very relax & slow driver ( name him Turtle ) not like the other ones. I guess he just didn't like me with no reason, which I didn't even care but I didn't have any choice to wait for another driver, my parents were keep telling me just ignore him don't talk back, but I couldn't cause maybe he did the same to others and he got away with it but not with me . Louis & Ruben they r my good friends ( espiacialy Ruben, awesome guy ) Five Star... : ]

Loved everything about the room & place Great staff over all... every single one.

It was hard to enjoy evening on the patio due to ants crawling on us and my dog.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

It was infested with ants on patio and bathroom.

Staff was nice.

Trees,nature,shuttle service,location

Toilet clogged up, had to have maintenance service it

Trees,nature,shuttle service,location