Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area 3 stars

1510 University Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507, USA

#6 of 18 hotels in Riverside

Limited breakfast choices. I have a big appetite and I wanted more but didn’t want to pay any additional because I had already paid the $20 in advance.

Breakfast was comparable to your very own gourmet breakfast! Loved it and the avocado toast!

I wish they had a "restaurant" instead of a "Bistro". I left the hotel to find a restaurant so I did not taste anything at the hotel Bistro. However, their flat bread looked interesting. I am glad Starbucks coffee is located within the hotel.

The room was very comfortable and efficient. Wi-fi was included. The historical little house on the hotel grounds looked very interesting but I didn't have time to tour it. Booking.com had listed my friend as the person who booked the room and they couldn't find our reservation under my name. I didn't think to ask about my friend's name. At first the reservation clerk stated there was no reservation but was very patient and called booking.com to clear up the misunderstanding.

This was perfect for a one night stay. The room was a good size, clean and comfortable. Free parking on site was a real bonus. There are some decent restaurants within an easy walking distance and the included breakfast was a bonus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

1. Double rooms does not mean two separate rooms. 2. No cable tv upstairs in rooms. 3. No free breakfast as our e-mail from booking.com said. 4. Food is way over priced in their food lounge. 5. House keeping helped themselves to my wife's make up.

Rooms were clean

Staff needs some training. There were 2 charges on my account instead of one. I was told it’s hotel policy, but I was told the next day after I checked out and called to question the charges. It was never explained to me this is how it works at the front desk.

people fighting all night.. called the front desk several times to no avail. toilet ran all night. was too close to the elevators, heard them all night.. got no sleep at all :(

Pillows weren't so great.

Rooms were a great size, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was so friendly too and helped us find a couple of restaurants and the Tyler Mall.

There wasn’t much that I didn’t like. As a matter of fact I can’t really think of anything at all.

The bed was super comfy and the room was nice. I liked that the sink was outside the actual restroom because it made getting ready with friends a lot easier!

Very clean they accommodated every need that I had. I traveled with my 2 year old & room was roomy enough for her to play & run around in. Overall a great stay!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bistro wasn't real friendly and the Starbucks wasn't genuine. Not bad, just not up to par with the rest of the experience.

Bedding and pillows were very comfy, room was super clean and comfortable. Best part of the stay was the AMAZING staff. There isn't a curve you can throw them that they wont respond to with GREATNESS.

Cleanliness- mattress had blood stains, bathroom had hair Maid service - nearly 5pm before they came Hotel not in good location - homeless people passed out on sidewalk in front of hotel

Staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Made reservations through Booking.com, for three adults and three children ages 12 - 15 (Two separate rooms and two beds in each room.) The booking form is not clear about the number of beds except for the word Queen. Our expectation, given the needs of the family, the accommodations should have included TWO QUEEN beds, not just one in each room. We were then told that they had no available facilities with two queen beds, and would not cancel the charge. The kids slept on the floor. The staff showed no concern for our needs.

Our package included breakfast. But the way it works is quite completed. The staff need to clarify the eligibility in USD per breakfast so that the right choices can be made. The staff seemed to have assumed that all guests knew precisely the norms. We ended up ordering much less during the first 3 days and the staff should have told us that we were eligible for more. I decided not to take the B&B option. I would rather pay for our breakfast separately. That way at least I won't feel that I paid for something that I did not utilize properly.

Close to UC Riverside. Also, downtown Riverside and main shopping malls are quite accessible (within 10 miles) if one is driving around like we did.

It is understandable that they don't offer buffet-type breakfast, but when you don't know English and have to look at a menu entirely written in English to order your breakfast, it becomes a disaster. I strongly suggest the hotel offer a Multi-language menu to customers. The internet is okay, but they have an option (written in English again) of upgrading the internet speed for 4 dollars. Customers who don't know English will fall into this trap every time. It is very disgusting, so be careful.

The room was clean and comfortable. The interior furniture and decorations are neat and handy.

Our first toom air con sound like a broken truck from world war 2, but finally we got a replacement room which have a better air con👍. The hotel got no service elevator so we have to share with janitor and cleaning service cart.

Room was a little on the small side but beds were comfortable.

The pizza and wings were great...wonderful that you give military discounts as well. Thank you.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was dirty, jacuzzi was dirty and jets were broke. Very bad area!! Lots of homeless around the property; I left a day early I did not feel safe. Not good if you have kids. Photos are not factual

Room was clean

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish we could've stayed longer to use more of the amenities

Bed was super comfy and all of the staff that we encountered were very courteous it was clean and updated

I loved this hotel. Wish it came with breakfast. Very close to campus. Less than a mile! Great internet. Many towels and comfy beds. Loved the pillows and down comforter

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

We paid $180 per night, and made the decision based on the location of the hotel, the fact that it was a Marriot, and based on the images on Booking.com. The reality of the hotel is VERY different to the lovely images you see on the site (and even within the hotel itself). For the same amount of money or less, you should avoid this place and stay at the Mission Inn. Don't make the same mistake we did! Whoever owns that hotel only believes in cost saving initiatives, because there's no focus at all on quality.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was called a handicap room but there was no bath mat in the tub, which was slippery and the toilet was so low I finally didn't even sit on it. There was a black widow spider In a corner of the room.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The sink and vanity are not in the bathroom. We didn’t like having to walk out of the bathroom (using the door handle!) and wash our hands in the entry way of the room. Weird arrangement. More detail was given to the abundance of retro furniture and desk space. Bathroom must have been an afterthought.

The room was quiet after turning off the window/wall air conditioning unit. I cannot sleep with that kind of unit on at all. I’ve slept in rooms with this kind of unit and I still hear outside noise coming through vents. The room also had a lot of hookups for devises. I think I counted six. The bedside hookups were perfect.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Good location for access (from freeway) and for university, but in a slightly edgy area, some distance from downtown attractions.

Good welcome. Large, comfortable room. Plentiful free parking. Adequate breakfast service, and decent (though limited) evening dining options.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Our bathroom smelled like sewage from the moment we opened the door. The computers for guests were slow and did not function properly. For what we payed to stay at hotel we paid even more for breakfast at the bistro. Our room was so small and cramped. The hot tub was pretty gross and smelled bad. It gave two of our family members a rash. Also the elevator was broken.

The bed was comfy and the hotel is aesthetically very pleasant. Great storage in the room.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The way the free breakfast is managed is not up to my idea of quality customer service - if 'customer service' at all - even though I prepaid for the breakfast with my room rate, the hotel still charged my card the cost of the breakfast at the time we went to eat and then removed a portion of that charge off.. bill came to $28.00 at the café but only $20.00 was put back on my card and the breakfast was nothing to write home about. The one taking our order asked me if I wanted my eggs sunny-side up or over medium - I said over medium, they came back in an omelet style which he called scrambled. You can get a better breakfast at Denny's for the same price with coffee refills - they don't offer coffee refills!!!!! The staff at the café was nice which is why I ate what was given to me but I would never expect a breakfast from them again. Sorry :(

We brought a bottle of wine and the staff was nice enough to give us two wine glasses to use in the room

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Hidden fees that I was not told about till I checked out .. 20 dollars more on top of what I was told my final price was going to be.. Upsetting, but you can't argue with them...

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Was given a room near a loud party banquet room. When I asked to be moved, I was given a room behind the elevator. The elevator gears and mechanical equipment kept me up all night.

Clean, bed was soft.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

It was the perfect fit for the purpose of our trip. The atmosphere was calm and the facility was clean. The staff was courteous and we loved the breakfast style.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Very clean and modern. Front desk supervisor on graveyard was very nice and helpful. Fast and prompt check in and even offered a late check out. Thank you for being available for my family's last minute trip.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The shelves in the bath were both mounted badly, tilted side to side and front tipped down. Wonder how long that bubble in the ceiling of the bathroom will last before it leaks on a guest? The housekeeper did not always replace the cups and towel or clean the coffeemaker.

Nice to have amenities like the coffeemaker and fridge in the room

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smell of cigarette and possibly some cannabis smoke coming from a room or rooms near by. It seeped into our room and in the hallway. It was really gross.

The design of the room.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The menu tried to be of bistro quality but really wasn't. But the staff's helpfulness more than made up for it.

I cannot say enough good things about the staff and their friendliness, helpfulness and the quality of their work. I chose this location and wasn't aware of the improvements made to the lobby, etc. I haven't lived in Riverside for 16 years and know the downtown on University can be iffy safety wise, but I honestly feel that I have never felt safer in Riverside than I did the week I spent at Courtyard by Marriott. Thanks again to your exceptional staff at this location.

Staff was extremely rude, we had lit sage and incenset as i always do before sleeping in a new place and the alarm went off and the staff tore the alarm off and said ot was because we where smoking cigarettes whoch neither of us do.

The room was very urban and comfy

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everyone was very polite and helpful. My friend and I were very happy with our stay, it was clean, quiet, and located around great food spots. Definitely wouldn't mind staying here again!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I wish we could have grabbed something to eat before heading out, the kitchen was closed and they only had coffee. I was not planning on going anywhere else to wait for food :-(

Everything was Great. WiFi, TV, Towels, Bed, Pillows, Sitting Area, Security, Customer Service, Everything Was Great. We were moving my son on Campus and felt comfortable seeing the security guard in the parking lot.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

parking lot should be better lit

we stay here frequently because our son is a student at UCR...location is great and staff is always very accommodating. I especially like the new look of the rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The price seemed high, especially since breakfast was not included.

The room was clean and the staff was very helpful & friendly. The air conditioner was not working but Ramon showed up and fixed it within 5 minutes of calling the desk.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I enjoyed the overall stay. It was a very busy weekend because of an event but the hotel staff made it really easy to accommodate. The room was clean and very well kept. The staff was very sweet and attentive:)

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The pool hours are too limited, the bed were way too soft,hurt my family's backs. Breakfast was NOT included, ice machine not working.

The staff was great & grounds are beautiful, peaceful.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Their elevators STANK like a giant pile of old sweaty socks

In their breakfast (which you pay for) they had a healthy lo-carb option (egg white with spinach).

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we arrived the refrigerator was not working. The room was cleaned late the first day. The gooseneck on the shower leaked

The staff went out of their way to ensure of our comfort and were on top of any request that we made

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

First gave us keys to someone else's room. No cups / Towels / Soaps in Room / TV had little to no options / Very Disappointed.

There was nothing I didn't like.

Nice, clean, friendly, Bistro was great!

• Executive King Room

Extra comfortable beds and views of the pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No continental breakfast and key was hard to use.

Fridge and microwave in room. Bed was comfortable

The room is spacious. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom is clean. We also love the breakfast there.

the bar closed at 22:00 on the dot

the people were experienced and helpful

I was there to join my family to attend services for our sibling.

the refrigerator was making a noise all night, made it a sleepless night

everything was great, beds were very comfortable.

Not to much to do in area

The privacy felt good

Two big beds,comfortable.breakfast is soso

The price.

The bed was super comfortable

Is really close to many food places and frwys

Wish check out time was a little later

The bed was extremely comfortable and all the staff there was walking around with a smile. Loved it!

Clean, Great staff.

N/a

N/a

No towel bars in sink area or in bath/toilet room.

1st floor room. Short walk from parking.

All good

Staff

Clean

Shower head over sprayed, needs to be fixed. Heard another guest complain too.

Nice property, clean, comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff.

Incidential charge

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant closed an hr early so when we went to eat we had to go off site not to happy been driving over 4 hrs.

Clean. Service staff very nice

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Beds way to soft

Jessica at Front desk awesome. Javier helped me with my luggage. I'm hanndicapped. Great staff

• Executive King Room

No sugar/creamer in our coffee selection. Noisy. Bistro closed at 10am, why wouldn’t it stay open until after checkout?

Bed was comfortable

Modern and clean

Free coffee downstairs.

Comfortable room. Nice staff. Warm pool.

The bedsheets

The smart tv

Very thing looked clean and tidy.

Staff friendly. Great having supermarket and bus stops so close.

The location of the hotel is great and is convenient for a tourist like me to access restaurant, UCR, downtown, and freeway nearby.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed and pillows was comfy. Room was nice and clean. The receptionist at check in was very nice!

The location is not the greatest. Staff could be a little bit more friendlier.

The bedroom is ok. The hotel is clean. It's convenient to UCR.

Wish I could have stayed longer!

your front desk personnel was VERY kind!

Superb customer service. They even remembered me from my last visit