Reviews of Century Hotel 3 stars

#286 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

6.2

6.2

HORRIBLE

Everything,it didnt meet our expectations.

The room had a coackroach,phones werent working,they had no beach towels on some days,the bathroom floor kept flooding with water,they put us in a room next to a crying baby. It was a TERRIBLE experience

In general it was good and the best location. On the beginning of ocean drive where it is quiet.

No drawers in the room to store any clothes. Good thing we stayed only 2 nights. No peanut butter for the toast. It's as important as jelly.

The shower was nice. The coffee was good. The staff was professional and helpful.

Nothing except the location.

The room was very pathetic and smelly. The bathroom was pathetic too - Vey unclean. You can understand from the fact that we were not using our room’s bathroom but the one available near the lobby. There was an exhaust fan in our room which didn’t work. We asked to get it checked or our rooms changed but to no use. The breakfast was poor - all packed stuff, nothing fresh. We asked for an umbrella and they didn’t even have an umbrella to offer us. Overall, a sheer waste of money. Stay away.

Nothing except the location.

Not bad

The room was smelly, and it was impossible to open any window. You also had to flush twice. But we didnt spend a lot of time in the hotel

The location is great! 2 mins from the beach, and 5 mins from the restaurants/bars/night life. However, it is very quite! Free coffee and tea. You can borrow beach towels

Location was great but the hotel was terrible. Worse stay I very had.

When checking in the service was very poor. Clerk had no Idea about how thing worked in the rooms First of the tv didn’t work. Asked the front desk for help wiith the tv. He stated that Direct tv was off line . As if we had not idea on how the services works ,. I have direct tv myself so I know that they. Take are of problems quickly. Secondly. The rooms smell like musty. The room had no curtains, so the flood lights from the bullding next door shine so bright in my room . I didn’t even need the room light. It was terrible no sleep

The location was good

Nice place in South Beach.

Very unpleasant receptionist.Did want to provide me with receipt for parking.Rooms have very bad insulation and you can hear all in your room

Nice place in South Beach.Close to beaches.

Great hotel close to the beach, downtown, and Litlle Havana with so much to do.

Everything was pretty good, the only hiccup was that when I went to ask for toilet paper my second night they had run out so that was a bit inconvenient.

Staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was really close to the beach so we didn't have to walk very far; that was a big plus.

Stay was fair and overpriced

Didn't mind the $30.00 overnight parking although that was not mentioned in the description of this hotel, but they would only take cash and did not accept American Express Travel Checques. We wound up parking 4 blocks away for $20.00 on a credit card. Not enough towels and they smelled of strong Clorox. They ran out of beach towels at 10:am so did not go to beach

Comfortable bed and clean room. Walking distance to Joe's Stone Crab restaurant.

The location was excellent, right on Ocean, right around...

The bathroom didnt have a fan but must admit there were no humidity issues. There was no safe in room even though it was mentioned in ad.

The location was excellent, right on Ocean, right around corner from beach entrance, around corner from 4 fine restaurants (Big Pink-amazing diner, Prime Fish-excellent upscale seafood resturant, Prime Rib and Prime Italian), also 3 blocks from hotel starts the beginning of Ocean's restaurants, ocean's main live activities. The hotel was always clean, neat and presentable. The staff was extremely helpful, great professional attitude, took our bags (cause we were 5hrs early for checkin) and had a place for us to change clothes. The staff exceeded our expectations.

Dissatisfied

The shower floods the bathroom floor. The water leaks from under the glass shower walls to the floor. So when you step out the shower, you’re stepping into a puddle of water in room 217. A complete mess.

Location in proximity to the beach.

The room was clean and the staff was nice and the building...

Very small room/bathroom AND there was a small cockroach crawling on the desk in my room. I notified the front desk staff and he said "the thing is, this is South Florida. I only stayed there 1 night and was praying that no cockroaches crawl in my bag.

The room was clean and the staff was nice and the building is dow street from the beach.

Run!

This was an extremely poor experience compared to a hotel I previously stayed in just a few blocks down. There was no ice in the hotel. I’ve never stayed at any motel or hotel that didn’t have ice. The daytime staff was better than the night staff. The tv did not work and the staff showed little interest or care. I was told that a manager was going to come. After no manager came, I went to the front desk where the staff was stuffing her face with food while speaking. I couldn’t understand what she was saying and there was no help. So, I packed my bags and handed over my valet ticket. The staff could care less that I was leaving.

Awful

Hotel was not as described. Insulation tape holding door frames to wall, no carpet, very dated and basic. No safety deposit box. Owner Angel nit very helpful when called. Booked another hotel for second and third nights

Nothing. Checked out after one night when booked for three

Poor

Water poured out onto the floor every time we showered. Floor was so uneven from the bathroom into the bedroom that we stubbed our toes several times, once was actually a bloody injury / sliced toe. Horrible parking situation - for $30 bucks CASH every day, you would think a guest wouldn’t have to wait 45 minutes to retrieve our car - but this was the rule not the exception. Staff was usually NOT at the front desk at all to help and they admitted to turning off their front desk phone ringers when busy. Rude and lazy.

Close proximity to the beach and excitement on Ocean Drive.

Disappointing!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked this as part of a family break holiday. This did not really fulfil the brief. The location was noisy and the hotel was much more adult than expected. We were only staying the one night thank goodness as it was quite shabby and unclean. Breakfast didn't even include bread ...only rolls..when travelling with an 11 year old this is wasted. We were very disappointed and felt this was poor value for money.

Disappointing!

Quiet location right across the street from the beach.

Construction dust everywhere,floors were dirty in the rooms. Upon check in, specifically stated that we needed our rental car back at 7am, was told no problem. However there was no one at the desk until 730am, then another 15-20 minutes for the car to arrive, we were very close to missing our flight. Front desk staff didn't seem to care.

Quiet location right across the street from the beach. Breakfast included.

Location is awesome!

No Ice maker in hotel, to get the car it took forever & no luggage cart or help to to the room with our stuff.

Location is awesome! Staff was very friendly

stayed just one night and did not check in until midnight so...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I left my phone charger in my room and when I went back to get it, the very nice front desk attendant searched but could not find it.

stayed just one night and did not check in until midnight so did not spend a ton of time there. nice to have coffee and light breakfast options. staff was friendly. good location and quiet esp for its location

Good location but not as nice as the pictures make it seem.

The hotel was getting renovated so it was loud every morning!! There was a nasty pee stench in most common areas... the room itself wasn't too bad . The bed was comfy. But the washroom wasn't great. The shower was quite small and didn't feel very clean. The hotel was not worth the money I spent. It was around 950 for 5 nights and it shouldn't have been more than 650 in my opinion.

Free breakfast even tho it's nothing special... it's a plus Location was good

The location was perfect it's in walking distance from...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Checked in and they didn't even tell us our room number. Our key didn't work when we got there so we had to get a new room, and everyday we were there we had to get a new key. They were also fixing the place when we got there and one of the guys that was fixing the room just walked in without knocking.

The location was perfect it's in walking distance from everything.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are way to small , bathroom is tiny , Hotel is noisy. Shower leaks . If the hotel to provide you more than two towels for your entire 24 hours a day and other basic necessities you’d expect out of a $300 a night hotel they could easily gain half a star in their rating they can’t control the room size or the bathroom size but you can control customer satisfaction

Location , staff was great

Property mishaps

Lots of things need to be fixed. It's like staying in a small old house with a comfortable bed. Room phone didn't work. Shower kept leaking onto bathroom floor daily. Never enough towels. Boltlock got stuck on door. TV not in front of bed, so not as comfortable. Safe box didn't work. No refrigerator.

It was quiet, comfortable beds, great location. Staff was nice.

Convenient hotel at the right price

They were rebuilding the 1st floor and they put us there. Thanks to the staff they changed us to the ground floor. Ask to stay on the ground floor. Better rooms and since there is not lift more convenient. Wifi was weak.

Location on ocean road is great. Within the street but a couple of blocks away from all the noise. Rooms are standard comfortable. No more no less. If the price is right this is a good option. If the price is high look for a hotel that offers you more They have a good parking valet. Expensive but on price comparing with the area.

There were no eggs, you got a roll and a slice of processed...

Price, size of the rooms, food, having to wait for your can. We would never go back.

There were no eggs, you got a roll and a slice of processed cheese, or a bowl of cereal.

The location was great.

Room/hotel did not match the pictures. Room smelled like musty/mold/smoke( this was a non smoking room). We found a baby cockroach in the room.

The location was great. Block away from the beach and few blocks away from the night life.

Good location but will probably stay somewhere else next time.

The shower was small, leaked and moldy. The hair dryer did not work. (thank goodness I brought my own.) Refrigerator did not work. Telephone did not work. Had to be walked through cable instructions to get the tv to work. Air conditioner dripped water into the room. (Big puddle...enough to run under the bed.) They tried to make it look good (as it looked in photos) but up close bad remodel job...We paid for 3 rooms for 2 nights. The rooms ALL had issues. I ONLY wrote what was wrong with our room. We all felt we ONLY were paying for the location. SORRY!

Beach was great. Depressing to have to come back to the room every night.

Room needs updating! Not enough outlets. Bathroom tile was stained. Shower was tiny! (If you put your elbows out, they would touch both sides) None of the towels even matched. We had to ask for soap.

Location was great. Within walking distance from restaurants and beach access.

They ONLY good thing was the location.

The “breakfast” was just like 3 pieces of bread that you couldn’t even toast in a basket, with two slices of cheese on the side. Literally. Our room door didn’t work properly for the entire time we were there. They literally had almost no facilities in the establishment. They offered a bike rent, but then asked for a ridiculous amount of money as a safety deposit, as if they didn’t have all your information and credit card already in system. My room for 2 people came with only 3 pillows, when I asked for more, they told me they had run out of pillows. The wifi didn’t work properly in like 2 occassions.

The location was great, the staff was friendly.

Only take if desperate for location.

The room was so moldy I couldn't breath. The hall didnt have finished trim and the doors were bad. Don't like paying a resort tax for little amenities. The breakfast was weak. At least there are places around.

It met my needs - a place a sleep at an affordable price

The breakfast was processed cheese slices, bread and cold bologna. Oh and boiled eggs. They could have replaced this with some slices of salami/ham and real cheese. Also could have given a choice of mini danishes

The staff were pleasant and helpful.

I disliked that it didn’t have a microwave and if I needed...

I disliked that it didn’t have a microwave and if I needed my food heated up I had to ask the staff. They took the food in their lounge area and I couldn’t go in there.

Nice not far the bus to bring me to the airport and closer of everything

Television if you change channel no images appear they fix it but the images repeat and repeat the same and I heard people talking from the road

They don't have kitchen, dining room, they just bring food near the reception or bedides the lobby all is ready to eat;dough not etc.it's better than nothing.

3.5
    way over priced......basic accom
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

basic basic basic - more of a quality back packer hostel than a hotel...room was tiny and clean - bathroom and facilities v - old - price WAYYYY too high. lights shinning brightly from outside into the room - noisy old air con - bad cleaning agent smell in room.

clean room - bed was ok, in room tv we never used.....

A bit shabby but good location & value

Very poor sound insulation (not recommended for newlyweds), a little shabby, housekeeping was hit or miss, clerks indifferent (but not rude)

Close to the beach, comfortable bed

I was only there for one night. They need more cleaning staff, towels and hot water.

Room needed a thorough "Spring cleaning"; it was grimy. Needed a hand towel. No hot water when I needed to shower before dinner.

Interesting breakfast options. Very good coffee!

Hotel staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean and the location was perfect!

n/a

This hotel was excellent! Great location, clean rooms and friendly staff. Michelin Star restaurants located feet from the hotel. Yoga classes in the morning and surfers on the beachfront! Superb!

Location was on South Beach, common facilities were nice.

Noise from remodeling, no heat in my room, the bathroom was missing a tile and the door had a hole punched in it.

Location was on South Beach, common facilities were nice.

Location is perfect within walking distance of happening...

Don’t expect much service from hotel. Lot of improvement needed and breakfast also cold one with limited variety.

Location is perfect within walking distance of happening places in south beach.

Really awful hotel, one of worst I have ever been to specially at the extorsive price!!!

The hotel was very noisy with young people running up and down the sole corridor yelling and laughing. The walls are very thin so you hear all from next door room. Maintenance is sorely lacking, painting is urgent. The photos of the rooms on the website are not realistic. We had to leave the hotel and book somewhere else for the night with no refund for the really awful situation we suffered. No parking.

It was below value for money

Better bedding and less shabby carpets and floors in hallways and rooms

I liked the location and the friendly staff and early check in offer. And nice lobby

Good location but poor services

Morning shift lady at the desk didnt wanna help and just seemed annoyed since we disturbed her from her phone. Very poor "breakfast" its valet only & expensive. Wifi didnt work at all while there and each staff member gave us a different reason why each time.

The bed

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Very good little Art Deco hotel with a friendly atmosphere!

Very good little Art Deco hotel with a friendly atmosphere! My room was amazing, completely renovated, very clean and cozy. The location is ideal, on the most esclusive area of Ocean Drive, just in front of the beach and close to many great restaurants! The staff also was very helpful , friendly and courteous. Breakfast was included and they offer coffee and tea all the day. You cant beat this for the price! I will definitely suggest it!!!!

There is nothing I like about this hotel .

Everything.

There is nothing I like about this hotel .. it’s even hard to call it hotel it’s like a dorm room. Breakfast was so funny . It’s basically a sliced bread, butter and jelly . Cold coffee , water with no ice with that hot weather. There is no ice machine and the rooms has ice buckets.... the staffs were rude and unprofessional even the manager/owner. They treat you like they are doing you a favor. We didn’t get the service we deserve by the amount of money we spent , not even close .! Everything was disappointing and I don’t even think they care . I will never go back again.

Hotel is in a great location at the top of the Ocean Drive...

Nothing to dislike per se but the hotel has no facilities, no bar, restaurant etc etc, the lobby is nice though and there are a few tables outside but that’s about it. Didn’t bother us as we intended to spend as little time as possible in the hotel but for those that like hotel ‘stuff’ then this may not be for you. WiFi didn’t seem to work all that well with my iPhone but was decent enough when connected to the laptop.

Hotel is in a great location at the top of the Ocean Drive strip, close enough to the madness but far enough away to still be restful. Beach is literally 3 minutes walk across the street. Our rooms on the ground floor were spacious (for a hotel of this period) were comfortable and clean. Linen was crisp and nice towels. Bathroom had nice big shower with great water pressure too. I’d seen mixed reviews so was a little apprehensive not helped by another guest complaining very loudly that she had bugs in her room, the second room she had been moved into and that her property had been stolen..... However we had a decent stay, staff we’re helpful and stored bags for us after check out as we had a late flight. Parking is available on a valet basis but simply drive down the road 50 feet and park in the public parking behind Nikki Beach for $20 overnight. The hotel is a little Art Deco Gem, retaining it’s original frontage and lobby, given the same rooms we would return.

Room Was A Disappointment

Room smelled musty and unpleasant. Bed mattress was uncomfortable. We knew this wasn't going to be a five star hotel, and location is their selling point, but the room should have been better.

Angel, the front desk clerk, was very professional and pleasant. Great Location. The complimentary chocolates in the lobby were tasty.

Wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone it says it’s a 3 Star hotel wouldn’t even class it 1 star

Nothing there was hairs in bathroom and on the bed covers . The bathroom door wouldn’t shut properly . The shower doors strips were falling off . Sink in the bathroom was cracked. Window leaked in when it was raining large puddle off water on floor next to bed . Nothing in room to make tea or coffee

If you want rest. Don't stay here

My bed was covered in hair.(gross) I did not get my wake up call as requested. They only give you 2 towels No face clothes and water leaks all over the bathroom flor when showering. Lots of noise in hallways in the middle of the night

Angel the front staff guy was the best.He was very friendly and tried hard to accommodate. Very nice young guy.

everything was alright, really good location and good price,...

everything was alright, really good location and good price, room looked so nice and breakfast was okay too

Was very close to stores, restaurants

Service poor

Was very close to stores, restaurants

Location and staff

I don’t like the breakfast, only packed food and few tables and chairs, guests have to wait to eat at a table!

I loved the location.

I loved the location.

Good

All very nice!!!

Angel the best!!!

Clean

Bed was comfortable

Comfortable

It is ridiculous the price one pays with taxes of this and that

The sound isolation in and out of the room , very poorly , had to switch the fridge off and air cond.

Personal very friendly

Staff was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hallways to my room and my bathroom smelled like urine. The shower floor was terrible and water leaked out to the floor

Staff was nice

Rooms needed to be updated. Tv didn't work

Small and friendly

Small and friendly

Service was perfect , really professional and nice staff

Service was perfect , really professional and nice staff

Perfect for overnight stays, real close to the beach and a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Perfect for overnight stays, real close to the beach and a Starbucks right across the street !

Location is great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service was poor. Housekeeping never cleaned my room. Breakfast was a joke.

Location is great.

situated at good place, near south beach
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

not sufficient room for breakfast and quite poor breakfast as well, staff at reception not customer oriented

situated at good place, near south beach

I had a great time!

I liked everything

Service, location, the Staff, my room and the yummy breakfast

HORRIBLE

Someone who speak English an can clean

Customer service

Customer service

Staff was really good and solicitous!

No black out curtains, and noise on the hall which can be heard inside the rooms.

Staff was really good and solicitous!

It was bad they stole from me and didn’t have any rags

My room wasn’t ready so they said I could valet it so I did got my car back my liquor was took and 400

my vacay

it was eh. not rhe best but far from terrible. Just a place to sleep.

right at the beach

Location and staff

The bed was not the best (noisy springs), also Walls are thin so almost everything from outside the room can be listened

A nice boutique Hotel on SoBe

I like the hotel. There was nothing I did not like. It’s a boutique hotel. I was not expecting any sea view.

The location.

Front desk staff was very

Small rooms, cleanliness was questionable

Front desk staff was very

South Pointe & by the beach small size hotel

A "humidity" lingering smell and lack of electricity outlets in the room

Location, small size and architectural style, staff

Good option for affordable price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast could be better but it exists which is already great)

Good location with nice rooms. A bit old and small but totally acceptable.

Location, corner room with great view.

Location, corner room with great view.

Browse Century Hotel traveller photo gallery