Reviews of Motel 6 Chambersburg 2 stars

1095 Wayne Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201, USA

#14 of 15 hotels in Chambersburg

5.9

I will tell everyone how horrible that property is and about the rude unprofessional blonde woman th
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Rude front desk person-dirty room-garbage in the hallway and in parking lot but the front desk woman who said she was the manager was horrible and should be fired!!!!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

A health hazard of molded, mildewed rooms; this place should be shut down!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Mold, mildew, smoke, etc. This motel was absolutely disgusting. We had to change rooms several times because the mold was so bad. By that, I mean you could see it growing on the upholstered furniture and the scent consequently also permeated the room. We eventually ended up stuck with two rooms that had only minor rot to them, but you could still see black mold in the bathroom, other molds and mildews on the ceilings and closets, and the carpet felt squishy and moist when you walked on it (we had two rooms by the way, because my family was gathering in town for a funeral). Another problem we faced is that while we had booked non-smoking rooms, one of the rooms we received smelled generously of smoke. Finally, after moving out of the worst molded rooms, we had to stay in a smaller room which was supposed to be refunded to us. After speaking to the front desk and two calls to motel 6 customer service, this still has not been done. This was the third hotel I stayed at in Chambersburg this summer (2018) and BY FAR the absolute WORST. Go literally anywhere else. I stayed at the local Red Roof and Clarion Inn previously; I had relatives at Days Inn and other hotels. Those were all cheap budget hotels and far from perfect, but none was as horrible a health hazard as the Motel 6.

It looks decent on the outside and has a decent lobby, that was literally the only thing it had going for it however.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

You get what you pay for...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It seemed like the hotel staff didn't care about the cleanliness. Walking up, there were cigarette butts littering the walkway...some old, some new. The stairwells smelled like cigarette smoke and dirty. Hallways were dirty. Hotel room needed to have the corners vacuumed and swept and the furniture was either broken or showed a lot of wear. The hallways were extremely hot and everything smelled. Carpeting in the hallways were stained horribly, the luggage carriers were filthy, and the landscaping was littered with paper and such.

The evening staff upgraded our room without needing to ask her; the sheets and bedding smelled clean; the room was cool.

Good price but will use again only one night
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Started the stay with 3 bath towels by the end of a four night stay I was down to reusing one over again without a mat on the floor. I just thought everyone had a check list for the supplies in a room.

The price was good. The orange paint was very 1980s

Temperature sounds good
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was nice and clean and clear and very refreshing for a hot weekend.

Howard set back out of the way and it was a quiet room considering that you had State Route 81 South buzzing past your Motel.

Clean up your act or clean up the rooms.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Just as we walked into the room we got hit with a bad odor the room stank. I had to go out and by hanging car air fresheners to help make the room smell better. it was a handicap room the shower drain didn't work well at all it was clogged and it overflowed into the bathroom and down the little ramp that leads into the room. It needs TLC...

We enjoyed the pool

Extremely basic
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had a pile of hair in the tub and stuck on the hair dryer. There were no clean washcloths. The Kleenex dispenser was empty. I asked for a non-smoking room and the place reeked of cigarette smoke!

The bed was comfortable.

Poor upkeep
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The room was filthy. Bathroom toilet broken. Walls and windows were filthy. Furniture was old and very worn. No ice bucket or brochures of surrounding amenities.

I did like that the staff we encountered were both friendly
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The whole property smelled like smoke and was kinda dingy. The beds were uncomfortable and They didn’t have enough pillows for them.

I did like that the staff we encountered were both friendly

My third stay and it met my expectations
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

One bed was not as comfortable as the other, however, I was alone and this was not a major factor.

For the money this Motel was more than what I would expect. This is my third stay in the past few months and I make it a point to use this facility because of the value and quality.

Nice well kept pool area and pet friendly
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Property is in disrepair and the hallways smell. Carpeting loose in the hallways the deadbolt on the door didn't line up and latch and outside security doors were propped open

Nice well kept pool area and pet friendly

I eventually got a room by chance because someone else was...

A room that was guaranteed and not cancellable two days before arrival was not available on my arrival after I called and said I was arriving a day later for a two night stay.

I eventually got a room by chance because someone else was leaving early.

The rooms were not clean, not updated.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were not clean, not updated. The entire facility smelled really bad. Coyld not open the door to my room seemed like it was sealed shut. Bathroom door did not close at all.Very uncomfortable staying there.

The dirty conditions ruined my stay.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It's a good location. My room size and set up were good. It was easy to get from my vehicle to my room.

This motel has a good set up and would have received a better rating, but my room and the hallway were filthy. There was hair all over the room floor and bathroom, as if animals had been there and the sink toilet and tub had not been cleaned. The arms of the chair in my room were black from dirt.

It’s right off the interstate.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I guess, ‘You Get What You Pay For’. Everything is stained and dirty. The whole place smells. I requested a non-smoking room but it sure smelled of stale cigarettes. We could hear other’s doors slamming all through the night...very loud.

It’s right off the interstate.

It was horrible.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was disgusting. I talked to two different employees about my issues and got no help. I demanded that I got switched rooms. The other one was just as filthy. I wanted to speak to a manager of course there was not on duty. My husband and I had stayed here prior for 8 days straight for a little vacation. And it was pretty clean and nice. Now this time I think this time ruined us ever going back here. Like I'm to the point to where I would have loved to just got my money back. When people ask how her day was I show them the pictures. The pictures answer all questions they have. Our stay hours were 3 p.m. To 12 p.m.. at 10 a.m. Housekeeping was knocking on our door wanting to clean our room. We thought that was a little odd but okay. At 11 a.m. We got a call asking if we planned on leaving. Or if we were staying another day. We told them what we have until noon. we were going to pack at 11:30 and then leave. They told us we were wrong that they only give us until it was either 10 or 11 a.m. So I took down my confirmation with the hours that we had. She didn't care at all. As a matter of fact she just wanted to get me out. No I'm sorry for your inconvenience no how was your stay no nothing. She just took my keys and just me out. So I demanded to talk to a manager. And go figure I have to call them today and talk to him. I would not recommend staying at this hotel for anything.

The beds were kind of soft.

under impressive
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

there was food under the beds from previous guests. the beds were pure torture. the room had a peculiar odor. the walls were waffle thin. we heard every word of the person in the next room talking on his phone.

4.5
    Not with anyone except me.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows sucked, entry door at the end of the hall did not close, so no secure way to keep anyone out, and this area was well away from the front desk.

Bed was comfortable. They put me on the first floor to avoid me having to climb stairs, so I had double beds instead of a king.

Could have been better
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The layout was confusing. The gentleman at the front counter was nice. I asked for a smoking room and that is what I booked. But they said they were out of smoking rooms when I arrived.

Good location. No sign of bugs or anything.

OK
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I don't beleive I received a senior discount, both my wife and I are in our 70's and members of senior groups. Booking does not appear to provide for senior discounts. BAD

Great room for the budget minded
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Better pillows would have been nice

hot water, warm room, nice bed, but the price was the best. The room we stayed next door was double, but NOT twice as good.

Good other than the nasty halls
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The vending machines wouldn't work the halls had trash and dirty wash rags & towels in them I thought maybe cause the cleaning lady's come back through and pick them up later but when we got back to our hotel that night the towels & trash was still in same spot it was still also there when we checked out the next morning

It was quite and peaceful

Terrible place to stay. I will never stay there again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Was no coffee maker in the room as the amenities state. There was no iron or ironing board. The TV did not work. There were nonenglish speaking people laying on the hallway floor.

It was cheap. But then you get what you pay for. It was close to restaurants.

I liked the fact that the staff was very friendly and...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in definite need of an update. The rooms were clean and much larger than I expected. The musty smell in the hallway as well as the place just looking "tired".

I liked the fact that the staff was very friendly and helpful. I also was happy to be so close to the exit off the highway.

ok
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

the hallways reeked off cigarette smoke, the carpet didn't look like it was vacuumed in a while and the bathroom floor was filthy.

it was very close to a music festival we attended.

It was ok for just one night.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll-In Shower

Our room had a musty smell to it. There weren't any visible outlets in the actual room to charge cell phones/tablets. Ended up having to charge them in the bathroom. There was no shampoo or conditioners to use in our bathroom only bars of soap. The mattress on the pull out sofa bed was in really bad shape and was very uncomfortable to sleep on.

It was close to stores and restaurants and easy to get on and off the highways.

Good. Our party seemed to be very okay with the motel overall
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows were feather filled and I am highly allergic to them. I did not think about this until after my allergies flared up in the morning. I recommend getting another filled fiber for pilllows to avoid this issue, and also for comfort reasons. We also only had 3 towels and rags but 4 people staying in the room. Of course both could have been changed had we reached out, but it was late and didn't feel like making changes. Just wanted sleep.

The great price, the TV and fridge in the rooms, the hair dryer, bed sizes. Each worker, even late night, seemed to enjoy their job and were very comical.

It was cheap
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The room looked nothing like the pictures, description said microwave and refrigerator but had neither. When booking put in for 9:00 check in but staff refused to check me in until 3:00

It was cheap

Stinky and sticky
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom light didn't work. Bathroom floor was sticky. Room smelled kinda bad (non-smoking... this week, maybe). Hallways smelled revolting. Parking area near room felt insecure, so I parked near the lobby. Just needed a few hours sleep on a long 2-day road trip. Kinda wished I'd slept in my car at a rest stop and saved the $70.

Convenient location. Friendly staff. No pet fee.

Old and dated
    • Deluxe King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll-In Shower

Customer service bad... asked for extra towels because their were 3 of us and was told no because they were out, there were 2 towels in the bathroom, Room smelled moldy and room had a handicapped accessible bathroom and the drain in the floor would not drain...

Close to highways

Adequate at a low price.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Facilities need to be updated. Carpet was stained and looked dirty. Hallways needed painting etc.

Room/Bed/TV/Fridge/Microwave/AC in room were good. Everything worked. Check-in was quick and easy.

Staff was very friendly, let me back in my room no problem...
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

It's nice that there are fridges in each room but I also think they should have microwaves in the rooms too, not having to call down and request one. Also all but 1 ice machine that I could find were out of order

Staff was very friendly, let me back in my room no problem after check out to retrieve a necklace I left behind

Great place to stay if you want to see Gettysburg!

I couldn't find the laundry..but I didn't ask either. There was a stale smell in the stairway, but the room did not. I really can't say there was anything we didn't like.

We loved the price! We travel with 2 adults, 3 teens, and 3 under 12 and this motel was perfect. I called before we came into town and asked for a joining room and were thrilled when we arrived to have two rooms that were combined. There was a fridge and a blow dryer which was a plus. We were able to travel to Gettysburg Antietam and local sites very easily. One of the biggest plus for our family was the fireworks were literally right outside the door on the 4th! The pool was perfect for the kids as well. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Staff amazing, room not so clean
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The room was not very clean, especially the bathroom. Hair in bathtub marks on wall..couldbe been cleaned MUCH more efficiently. I cleaned it myself.

Staff was amazing. Location was very convenient for my visit.

Price
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were terrible. Building was in need of repair. Plumbing was not good. Toilet would not fill unless I removed tank lid and pushed down on the float. Water pressure also not very good in lobby restrooms.

Price

good place for the money
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

the sheets although clean, smelled like cigarette smoke in a non smoking room

the room was quiet and the staff friendly the location was exactly what i was looking for. There is a coupon found in the Pennsylvania traveler magazine found at any rest area on the interstate which is cheaper than almost any deal online

The staff was friendly and some qhat accommodating, but...
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was advertised as having a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room. It did not have any of those. I had to ask several tInes for bedding. My room phone was broken. The overall cleanliness and upkeep of the motel was poor. The staff was dealing with many issues with many customers. I think it would have helped to have extra staff with the holiday weekend. Will not be staying here again.

The staff was friendly and some qhat accommodating, but understaffed. It was a very busy weekend with multiple sporting events. It would have probably been better if the manager had added extra staff.

The receptionist at the desk was polite and helpful.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

For various reasons, I didn't feel safe staying at this hotel. There was also a car with four flat tires parked at the entrance to our section of the hotel, which was in the back of the property. The bath tub didn't drain when my husband took a shower.

The receptionist at the desk was polite and helpful.

Staff was rude.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude. Booked non smoking and put in a smoking room. Staff gave other guest the same room we were in and they walked in to our room while we were in the room.

Will not be staying there again

It was not as pictured. Didn't have all amenities as promised. Sheets looked dirty with cigarette burns. Hallway smelled disgusting. Look like women were prostituting. My children were afraid because of the weird things going on around our room. Stairway was dirty

The room was big. Front desk clerk was nice

I had stayed here once before on my trip up north an...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This trip back home things were different. The atmosphere had changed the staff was not very helpful,Ice machine didn't work another customer showed me where to get some,room was not as clean as my first stay an the bed was horrible I had a very hard time sleeping

I had stayed here once before on my trip up north an absolutely loved it the staff was great, room was perfect an the bed was very comfortable

We were 2 people, there was only 1 facecloth, 1 hand towel...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We were 2 people, there was only 1 facecloth, 1 hand towel and i bath towel. We requested a smoke free room, which we received, but all of the surround rooms, were smoking rooms.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Front desk lady was very nice.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My fiancé and I stayed here for two days, Dec. 28th thru the 30th. We got a non-smoking room that was clearly smoked in because it wreaked of it as did the other rooms when a group of young football players came in the night after us and complained about the smell. When they opened their doors the stale smell of smoke lingered in the hallway. They were literally gagging and very upset as well as the parents and chaperone's. I had a half of a bottle of Febreeze and sprayed our room, using all of it. The cleaning staff left dirty laundry laying in the hallway and a luggage cart was left sitting in the middle of the hall which we had to move it to walk through. Carpets were dirty and stained in the hallway and I was very disappointed in the overall condition that it was kept in.

Front desk lady was very nice.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Saving money isn't always a bargain.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bare bones is the best way to describe the room, but it was very large. Bathroom wallpaper was peeling and had mold. Tub looked moldy. Air handler was old and quite noisy.

Motel 6 is always a bargain price-wise. Sometimes you give up things to save money.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

HORRIBLE
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

Dirty room. Smelled like fish. Toilet ran all night. Bathroom fan made horrible noise. Had to shower in the dark. Cigarette burn marks everywhere. Horrible place.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

No frills, but great stay!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Small things missing: No alarm clock, no shampoo, no kleenex, no pen or notepaper, &c.

Very spacious suite, clean, comfortable, good t.v., &c. I would definitely stay here again.

The lobby was redone
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Someone smoking in the halls, the doors slammed all night. The rooms need upgraded old furniture can rings on the night stand, office chair missing padding on the arms, towel holder was broken

The lobby was redone

It was very close to the event i was attending.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My room smelled awful. The towels were small. The tv remote didnt have batteries. They were stains on the carpet.

It was very close to the event i was attending.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

cheap but could be a hassle.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Telephone not working & several times key to get into building and our room wouldn't work. Had to drive to other side of building to get key reactivated. Was becoming a hassle.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Very dissapointed with cleanliness and non-working appliances.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator was not cold, nor did it get cold after we turned it up all the way. Bathroom was dirty. Hair all over the tile floor. The bed sheets had stains and cigarette burns. The television did not work. The drapes did not close all the way, we had to put a couple clothes on it to pull it over to close all the way. We stayed two nights, the housekeeping staff never spoke to us once in passing, even when we greeted them first. When we checked in, the desk clerk was on the phone telling people that the only room available was 2 double beds. We had booked a queen, so therefore we did not complain because we knew there were no other queen bed rooms. Upon check out, the clerk told me that if I had called about all of the above issues, they would have moved us. I told him I heard her telling someone there were only double bed rooms available, which we did not want. He claimed that they keep rooms available for moving unhappy people. So, they also lie.

We were within miles of our Christian concerts. The bed was comfortable. Price was good, but you get what you pay for.

Not as bad as I expected
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Of the four staff members at the front desk that I met, all of them seemed as if they did not wish to be there which made me feel as if maybe I shouldn't be there.

The cleaning staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The room was really nice.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It would have been better if they had breakfast like it said on the website. And the pillows were bigger

The room was really nice. The bed's were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Good price, location and accommodations

Vwey pleased

Not a good value
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel smelly. Furniture in room dirty, even mud? on office chair. Price not low enough for quality of room.

Dirty motel

The rooms stank very bad js wasnt clean all around!

The staff were nice

Rat Trap
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was the most disgusting motel I have ever stayed in. I actually considered sleeping in my car.

The person that checked me in was nice.

Didnt like.leaving need.to.find.out.how.much.itd.b to.live.here

Excellent value.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A but rundown. Luggage caddies decrepit and unclean.

Two beds. A pool.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Had a great time beautiful view

Very nice atmosphere

had fun

Everything. Smelled like smoke. Ice machine broken . Dirty

Disappointing.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Halls very dingy. Need a good cleaning and painting.

Location was convenient. Right off I81 exit.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The floors are old, stained, and smell, but the customer...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The floors are old, stained, and smell, but the customer service was excellent, bed comfortable, and a great price.

Not good
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom towel holder is broken

At least you have coffee inside the room

Smell

Smell

Everthing

Everthing

Horrible like a night mare

Everything it was horrible

Close to everything
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Only enough towels for two people in a room that holds four.

Great location friendly staff. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Never again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Stained carpet and furniture. The tub's floor was soft and unstable.

The bed had clean sheets on it.

The nicest motel 6 we have stayed in

Nothing to dislike

The nicest motel 6 we have stayed in

they did not have our room ready by three they took a extra...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

they did not have our room ready by three they took a extra 15 min to get our room

Very enjoyable and was close to everything.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking - Roll-In Shower

The room was a nice size, roomy, and the bed was very comfortable. We will stay there again in the future.

Rags & Riches
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Towels were dirty and there were cigarette butts on the window sil

Comfy bed

Good place too get some sleep

Could use some renovations

Good value

It was terrible

Hotel

Hotel - wasn't clean and the bed wasn't made