Reviews of Staypineapple at The Alise Boston 3 stars

26 Chandler Street, South End, Boston, MA 02116, USA

#68 of 81 hotels in Boston

Before I say anything I want to preface that we enjoyed our stay very much! But, if we went back I’d probably stay a little closer to the Quincy Market area/Fenway. Prices were very similar to those areas, I thought we were getting a better deal because it was farther away from everything. Again, by “far” I mean we walked home from Fenway - 45 min walk. Could have taken the train but we didn’t know what we were doing lol. Also, the bathroom and room in general was pretty small. Fine for just my husband and I, but it was right. Not a lot of counter space anywhere and being 6 months pregnant, I could have used a larger bathroom! But with all that being said, we really enjoyed our stay and would probably stay there again!

Staff was very friendly, were able to check us in early. The bed was super comfortable!!! We slept great. The room and bathroom were very clean. The surrounding area was nice and clean and we felt safe! Great location for this stay, was right in the middle of Fenway and Beacon St which is where we wanted to go!

The rooms and bathrooms are slightly smaller than your average hotel room. There's not much room to place items (toiletries, personal items, etc.) other than on your bed or the small 2 drawer dressers.

The location of the property is in a very good location if you are planning to see all parts of the Boston area. Just about everything is within walking distance. The bedding was very comfortable and the TV was larger than most other hotels I've ever been in.

The bathroom was very small and with a small sink it was very hard to wash your face even. It could use a little bit more room.

The room overall was very nice. Clean and comfortable (bed extra comfy)! Staff was exceptional, helpful and very cheery.

Wi-Fi wasn't working for a couple of days, and we really REALLY need a desk in the room! Finally won't say it is a bad thing, but the bed was way too tall for a 5'7 Asian guy like me.

Was a great little hotel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the free to use bicycles were great when you need to get around.

There wasn't any Wifi available during the stay which, when you're paying over $400 a night, is less than acceptable. The rooms are absolutely miniscule - I kicked my toe on the large floor mirror at night as the spaces are so tiny.

The staff were charming and very forgiving about the WiFi and able to suggest some places I could go to get connected as I needed to work. The location is great - easy to walk everywhere from the hotel. The restaurant downstairs is great.

• Boutique Queen Room

Small room, hardly any surfaces to put stuff on. Very intermittent wifi, whole days without it. Come on guys, this is not a luxury these days. Because of this issue with the wifi I was waived the daily “amenities fee”. Except it had never been mentioned before, wifi is listed as free, and the hotel has no amenities!

Location was good. The most comfortable bed ever. Staff accommodates to your requests/needs, but it’s not straight forward

• Boutique Queen Room

The rooms are very small. Not enough room even for a dresser so we had to live out of our suitcase and the small hanging rack. The bathroom is also tiny. No counter space for anything.

Staff was wonderful. They were very helpful. Bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean and lovely.

The room was impractically small, particularly the bathroom. There was barely enough room for my suitcase beside the bed, not enough room to hang my clothing, no desk or dresser to place items on, and, while I am a very small and petite female, I could barely move in the bathroom. The water was hot for less than a minute each time I showered before turning lukewarm. There was hair all over the walls and ceiling of the shower when I arrived. The lights behind the bed were poorly placed and the switch kept getting hit as I moved in my sleep, turning the light on and waking me up. I also couldn’t prop up to watch TV before bed as the mounted lights were in the way. I was excited to try this hotel, but did not live up to my expectation.

I liked unlimited bottled water and coffee. The pillows and duvets were very comfortable. I also liked having slippers in the room. The robe was a nice touch but with such a small space, I didn’t end up using it and it was more in the way.

Bedroom layout was not proper, it was a bedroom planned with a 2 twin beds with a king bed. Light bulbs were the wrong place, limiting position for pillows.

Location is amazing, service very good.

I didn't have a chair to sit on in my room. Also, the restaurant did not serve breakfast so I had to go somewhere else to get breakfast each morning.

I enjoyed the bed.

The overnight charge is unreasonably high since the hotel is of quite a basic construction despite the rooms having been jazzed up. The Amenity Fee of $15 a night is ridiculous for wifi and coffee, no fridge. Admittedly hotel prices in Boston are surprisingly high. It was necessary to request a chair to be supplied, although there is a small table.

The room was stylishly fitted out and the bathroom had plenty of towels, and the shower taps were located in a position where you don't get your hands scalded when initially running the shower.

I have been staving at this property for over 15 years..........The new owner have add some nice little changes! The biggest change are the great new beds.........very comfortable!!!!!!!! Coffee in the lobby 24/7 is a nice changes too! Only draw back is that when the new owner bought the property they did not buy the Suites across the street as well as the private parking that came along with that property! But all and all very nice!!!!!!!!!

The room had the curtain broke and no maintance have be done and It wouldn’t be possible to do the check out because of the system and the price charged on credit card was diferent from Booking.com fare

DECEPTIVE PRICING WITH LAME JUSTIFICATION. The $17 "amenities fee" is absurd and sneaky. They interest you by offering a lower rate. By the time you realize that the rate is actually higher when you add in the "amenities fee" you're too sick of searching, and just say "okay, I'll pay it" but it doesn't feel good. The desk staff justified the additional fee by pointing out the free coffee (a Keurig in the room and carafes in the lobby). Most cheap motels have free coffee and many even offer breakfast without charging an additional fee, so that doesn't hold water. Also bathroom has no fan and has shutter-style doors so there's no auditory privacy.

Fabulous bed.

• Boutique Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

It was the weekend of the Boston Marathon, and like all hotels in Boston, the prices were jacked up quite a bit for that. I'd never pay $400/night for this place otherwise.

Even though the room was quite small, it had all of the amenities we needed! It was very comfortable and clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, the restaurant was fantastic!!

The restaurant only opens at 4pm to 10pm and plays loud music the hole time as it is also a bar that stays open until 2am with people mixed from hotel to local screaming, drunk singing and loud noise to about 230 am, not to mention the emergency vehicle police/fire sirens going off all the time. I found it difficult to sleep due to this. The rooms are very small and compact, some people may like this but I did not. I will not stay here again due to the noise at night. I did enjoy it's location and i walked to the Aquarium, Faneuil hall, convention center, Uber is about $5 to 8$ but the 30 min or less walk to each, one way was great way to explore Boston.

the location was great and the staff was great.

Room had no chair (of any kind) or desk. Was billed daily "amenities fee" of $15. This was a hidden fee for services that were believed to be no cost (wifi, two water bottles, coffee). The peddling of pineapple-branded merchandise was annoying.

Arrived early and staff accommodated letting me settle in early.

The room has no chair, which made it difficult (for me) to put on shoes because I had to sit on the high bed. A chair, however, was provided for me once I asked for one. Be aware upon check-in: I was told there would be an additional $15 per night for "amenities." I questioned this, asking if this was optional. They tried to avoid answering me. I firmly said that I did not want to pay for the "amenities" and that charge was taken off my bill. I worry that someone who doesn't understand English as well might be taken advantage of.

Excellent location -- two blocks to Back Bay T/Amtrak; comfortable yet tight room; pleasant and responsive staff; restaurant on site (didn't try it, though, as there were many nearby).

I wish there was a fridge in the room and another nightstand - I had to put my water, book, phone, etc. on the floor. Good use of space, but rally needed those 2 things to be comfortable.

The staff was wonderful. I like the way the beds are made. Love the wall-mounted dispensers in the bathroom!

No ventilation in small cramped rooms, a/c systems do not work. Room was above restaurant/bar, and it sounded like they were coming through our bed into our room, had to open windows to cool the sauna like room off and all of the smoke from the bar Patrick s came right into our windows. They moved us at 12:00am, they were very nice about it, and helped us. New room was quiet, air worked for an hour, woke up sweating several times in the night and had to open windows again. Staff was nice, beds very comfy, nice linens, but would not stay there again.

The bed was just a bit too high:)) had to climb up Even a tiny desk and 1 chair would be helpful. Had to get some work done and only place to do it was the bed. A small fridge to keep a yoghurt or milk will also be great.... i stayed in the hotel for 4 days, so that would have been a nice touch.

The bed was really comfi. Room was great. Extra bonus - the coffee / tea maker in the room, and free coffee and tea pods. Free bottled water - that only saved me probably $50 over my stay. In the lobby could get hot water and a cup for my tea bags - a very nice touch. And the staff - absolutely great and helpful. The adjacent bar - super friendly. great especially for the young crowd. Good food and drinks

The room was on the smaller side

Good basic hotel

• Boutique Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating—especially David!

One word!! Amazing! Loved the staff, the service and the location is great!

Comfy beds, location and reception was very kind

The beds are the most comfortable that I have ever slept on

I just stayed here to catch an early morning flight from Logan. It was in a good location if I had wanted to go out in the evening.

The sound from other rooms was easily heard from my room

The bed is very comfortable

Loved the comfy bed, unique decoration, plentiful bottled water/coffee, and the central location.

• Corner King Room

No chair inside the room.

Comfortable bed. I had the corner room on the high floor so I had two windows.

none

very welcoming and helpful staff, perfect location, room with all amenities

Rude staff

Size of room, tiny!!! Filter on booking.com gym pool, neither!!!

Comfy bed very clean

Bar below noisy at night. Closed 2 am

Easy to get to. King bed and linens super cozy.

No hot water, no air conditioning, rooms are incredibly small.

Small room no chair

A little bit expensive

Location, kindness of the reception personal, cleanness.

Room was a bit on the small side for the price.

Room was comfortable and quiet

• Corner King Room

No desk

No food after 11 pm

The walls were dirty.

• Boutique Queen Room

The beds were super comfortable. Rooms were cleaned daily. Staff always willing to assist. Location was excellent.

Was initially charged an extra $15,- pn for internet and coffee

Nice and very clean room. Very comfy bed!

They charged me a Facility Fee without being informed on what it covered and what I had access to.

Two days they did not clean the room There is a need of a chair or stool inside the room

l'habitació

It was all brilliant , comfortable bed , nice and clean , helpful friendly staff

• Boutique Queen Room

Nice and clean room, great location and friendly and helpful stuff that recommended me few nice places to eat in the nearby.

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.