Reviews of The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis 4 stars

212 North Kingshighway Boulevard, Saint Louis, MO 63108, USA

#23 of 47 hotels in Saint Louis

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

It could have been sooo much better if they would have been more attentive to our safety
    • King Room with Balcony

The hotel first gave us a room that had been broken into from the terrace...crowbarred door opened..wouldn’t shut or lock and when I called they basically ignored me asking dumb questions about ...is there someone in the room? They totally dismissed it ...put us in a new room but seemed put out by it..it was bizarre..then on checkout someone had used our room for a bar purchase..again they seemed put out that I would question a charge I could not have made as we were at a concert...I didn’t feel any concern and we paid over a thousand dollars for the 3 night stay

Good location and access to restaurants

My favorite hotel in Saint Louis. Some rooms need to be updated.

Our room, although spacious, was a little shabby with frayed curtains and a cracked sink in the bathroom. The leather headboard on the bed had seen better days. For the price, our room could use a little loving care and an update. When we called the hotel to make the reservation, there was no availability for one of our nights. However, Booking.com was able to find a room for both nights.

Wonderful breakfast buffet. Good strong coffee. Attentive wait staff.

Wow!!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with King and Queen Beds

Room was unbelievable. We spoke with Danielle several times throughout our stay. She was a joy to interact with, amazingly helpful, and remembered us throughout our stay.

Money could be better spent

Over-priced for the value. I assume pricing is related to location near Forest Park and Barnes Jewish Hospital. Bathroom a disappointment. Only one robe? No blanket to add to the bed.

Bed was ok.

Disappointed.

Minimization of our inconvenience! We should have received a free future one night stay to get us to come back!

Our toilet had a huge leak in the middle of the night - water all over, spraying from tank when flushed. We had to walk to lobby to use bathroom. The hotel gave us refund of $100 toward $300 room. Disappointed. Not exactly luxury accommodations in my opinion.

Pool area is fantastic.

The furniture in the room was a bit worn and dated.

Pool area is fantastic. Love the character of the older building. The room size was above average.

Central West End location can’t be beat
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Overall the hotel could use some updating our room had a musty smell. Carpets throughout are worn and it just feels tired.

Great location, spacious rooms, pool area is very nice

Frustrating
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

We tried to check in and the front desk person told us the a guest refused to leave and we could not stay at the Chase Park Plaza that night. It was midnight and we were exhausted after a long flight. This is unacceptable for any hotel not to mention a “better” hotel. This reflexs poorly on Booking.com because we trust you with our most important travel plans. Now our confidence is shaken.

Comfortable hotel with great gym and location.

The kitchen was well stocked with utensils and even baking pans, I just wish I had had more time to cook! Housekeeping rounds missed my room twice, but the front desk promptly offered me a $50 credit as compensation.

Great stay with a little bit of noise.

I could hear "room service" clear down the hall and the people next to our room as if they were in our room.

Great location, friendly staff and tons of things to do in the hotel.

It was a lovely stay, once we got moved in.

I was upset when we arrived the "valet" people would not let us park to check in, unless we were using valet. The person directed us to park in the garage and enter on the 3rd floor and there would be roller carts so that we could bring our stuff in. There were no roller carts, "right by the door" so we packed all of our stuff quite a ways to check in, which was right by the valet place. I don't like being lied to and I don't like packing a suitcase, hanging clothes and two bags throughout the hotel to check in.

Bars on the campus were nice.

Great place to stay when visiting WashU student

You have to be over 21 to check in. Annoying- wish it was 18 and they clear the mini bar.

Great hotel complex - love the cinema, great restaurant and large rooms

Location was perfect but value for money was very poor
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Had what seemed to be blood on a pillow and had to ask for fresh towels as the ones in room were stiff like they had been there a while. Also it stated there robes in room; we had to call down and ask..however staff was great

Perfect location

Not impressed with the new management
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

My room was late in being ready. I almost had to get dressed in the bathroom for event at the hotel. Then they charged me to park when my company had a large event and then stayed overnight not to have to drive home. My son and I both had vehicles and had paid parking for the event and would not except it for either. They did credit one but not both. I think it would be parking for us both. I thought it was a small thing that they could have done. The room restroom was not clean, shower curtain was dirty and stained. The room was very dusty. The tables in the common area of the hotel was very dusty and not clean.

Room price was almost the most expensive in St.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Room price was almost the most expensive in St. Louis but there only was a single and very small window with awful view in the room. With no breakfast included and $25 self parking charge...

Very nice hotel
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I did not enjoy the experience with the parking and the smell of marijuana throughout the hallway on my floor.

I liked both the location and the staff.

Felt like royalty staying there.

That I couldn't stay longer.

Felt like royalty staying there. The facilities and restaurants were incredible: the room and restroom were high-end. Totally exceeded our expectations for cleanliness, decor, style, and room space.

Nightmare
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Came in on Friday afternoon for a family wedding. Could not get to our room until 7:00 P.M. There was only one room available and that wasn't until 5:45 P.M.(check in is 4:00 P.M.) 12 of us were in one room for 2 hours. It was a nightmare. None of us were dressed as we should for the rehearsal dinner. This is an upscale hotel, however, the management sucks!

Rooms were very comfortable.

The room was awesome.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We were charged $60 a night, which we got back at checkout, for “Amenities” in the room. We did get a “King apartment” but as far as Amenities, the only thing we found in the room was 1 Bathrobe. Nothing else. Also there was a bag of Trash and a bag of dirty bathroom linens left lying on the floor in the hallway all Day and all night! When that was finally picked up, another bag of trash appeared down the hall and was there all day! For what we payed for the Room I really didn’t Appreciate having to look at that every time we left or returned to our room.

The room was awesome. We were Upgraded on our room because they hadn’t cleaned any of the size we booked, that was very nice.

Might not visit again, but lovely staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The hotel side that we were on was very very dingy. Like, food/vomit?/water stains on the carpet dingy. I did not NEED a wheelchair accessible room but there were an odd amount of stairs and twists and turns to go through. The room was indeed what i asked for, two queens, but it felt incredibly small for what I paid. Two queens, a small bathroom, and some room connected that was locked. Maybe I missed some information about dimensions, but I felt like for $220 it would feel a little less like I should check for bedbugs. I thought “you can stay in nicer places for much less” when i left, and almost regretted that i didn’t.

The staff was super friendly and helpful when especially when it came to a parking error we experienced while we were there, and everyone we encountered was friendly.

Great hotel for my fanily visit!

Everything great

Great kale and chicken salad, salmon mac and cheese. Awesome inexpensive movie theater. I loved Rose, Yamin, all the staff. Great location.

Wonderful place for weekend getaway.

Historic hotel that has kept much of the charm I remember from staying there as a child. Beautiful marble lobby and ballroom, great food, wonderful service. Historic photos adorning the walls.

in house movie theaters !

noisy air conditioning, poor window insulation (for cold and external noise) --not expected in this type of classy hotel

in house movie theaters ! just amazing, five movie theaters with the last releases. Beautiful hotel, very good restaurant

I wish we had very comfortable bedding.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I wish we had very comfortable bedding. We had a very think blanket in between sheets and the hotel sent us an extra comforter that did not have a duvet which I was not happy about. The comforter had some stains. The bedding was the biggest disappointment

Property nice but room was not worth the price.

Room not worth price

Property nice but room was not worth the price.no view bathroom ok but nothing special the tenderloin room was excellent. Would visit again but not stay at hotel.

pool / cinema / location

pool had little pieces of styrofoam. don't give out styrofoam cups at bar the night before. It all ended up in the pool and the pool man was not able to clean properly. couch in room - disgustingly unclean.

pool / cinema / location

Would like to stay here again when we travel to St. Louis but may look into other options .
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

This particular stay we had trouble with our room. We reported a problem with our toilet and it was better than 24 hours before it was corrected. Also the bathroom was not a clean as we would have hoped for it to be. There was wads of hair in a couple of different corners.

Pool is outstanding. Staff is very friendly and eager to help in any manner. Location is second to none as you can walk and do virtually anything you would like.

Convenient CWE location and large rooms
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Room service was exceptionally slow and the people in the reception area did not care at all about the problems we were having. They can't resolve simple issues like repetitive credit card charges and replacing room keys.

Convenient CWE location and large rooms

Loved it, great area, great location wonderful place to stay.

The room was for the large furniture making it difficult to move around comfortably. The meal and staff at the lobby restaurant were good but in no comparison to rest of the experience.

Everyone was friendly and willing to go the next step in helping make the stay the best experience. The pool was amazing as was the poolside after dark, enjoying a drink under the stars. The fitness center and juice bar was a great day to start the day. The cinema on property was the icing on the cake.

A HUGE disappointment, NEVER AGAIN
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The interior of this hotel is beyond shabby. I had booked a deluxe queen with two double beds and a balcony. The first room I was given the balcony was full of construction material and the room was hideous smelled of mold with peeling paint and scuffed furniture. I complained and was moved to another room which was much smaller on the fifth floor with a minuscule outdated bathroom disgustingly dirty rug and a balcony that had no furniture and was unusable.

Historically beautiful building

see above.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We asked for for pull out couch which was not made up,,,,to be made up ...this was about 8 pm...arrived back in room about 1 am and there was no bedding. Called back again and they asked if we wanted them to make up the bed? or just drop it for us to do. They were not helpful and acted like we were a bother. There was no mini bar which does come in handy for snacks....room service ended at midnight.....no robes.....the windows in suite area were filthy ! Very filmy.... I do love the hotel and have stayed here many times but I think it went down a bit in service.....sheets are a must ! I would stay here again when is St Louis .I also wish there was a restaurant open for lunch besides the bar.....we left for lunch but would have stayed if more was available. All in all we had a pleasant time and still love the Chase....

The bed was comfortable. The staff in the lounge was friendly and very nice. Front desk was efficient.

I'll be back

The breakfast and brunch were ok, but in years past--it was amazing.

The food at the bar was very good and open until midnight. The pool is beautiful. The location is in a majestic old neighborhood with many restaurants and conveniently located to Whole Foods & Straubs famous market across the street.

Would go back! Location was perfect!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Parking needs to be explained at check in . It was not and I was charged twice for parking. Once by hotel and then I paid on my own at garage kiosk not knowing hotel had that all covered.

Room and amenities were amazing! Pool included! Food was delicious but a bit overpriced.

Stay was excellent.. the room was amazing
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with King and Queen Beds

Area, room, people

The place was excellent and beautiful location. Loved the fact that it was so close yo many restaurants. The quality of service everywh ere was amazing. Super impressed and happy with our choice.

Great pool makes the hotel

Was a little dark in the room, and everything looks slightly faded. Still, overall a good experience.

Location very convenient, pool was fantastic (though would have been better if we could have ordered drinks poolside), restaurants okay, room quite large

We had a balcony room.
    • King Room with Balcony

We had a balcony room. It was very nice to be able to sit outside. The hotel offers alot. There are 2 theaters,restaurants, Starbucks, and a beautiful outdoor pool. Very safe area of St. Louis.

The room was huge

The pool area is too small for the amount of people it accommodates as club members and resident owners can also access the facilities. There are no hooks in the bathroom

The room was huge

Well Worth The Money

NOTHING!!!!

The accommodations were second to none. Staff was beyond friendly and helpful. If a person didn't want to leave for several days, they have that option. Everything that a person needs is right at their fingertips. Top notch in my opinion.

The Chase has been our favorite hotel for years. I'm not sure we will stay there again.

Our room was horrible. The last several times we've stayed we have been disappointed with our rooms. Halls need to be updated.

Location is great, hotel is beautiful

Quick girls get away.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The pool was packed with people, no where to really relax. All chairs were taken and people sitting completely around the edge of the pool. It was also an adult pool. I would have never brought my young children to hang out there on a Saturday afternoon. The air conditioner was not keeping up in our room. It was warm at night in our room. It was in the middle of the summer but there was no way to get cooler.

Liked the location with regard to restaurants and things to do. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.

Came for only one reason the pool which was closed when I...

Came for only one reason the pool which was closed when I asked for a well deserved refund I was given 30 off this despite spending another 200 at the property on movies meals etc. basically staff was like sorry nothing we can do uhh yes you can you can refund me

Gross!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I paid for a large king one bedroom and what I received on arrival was their smallest king room. And then changed room and the room I changed to had not been cleaned from the people before. And since has not been cleaned ( now 2 days later) for us. Gross!

The pool and access to drinks.

Entry from parking garage involves steps which makes it difficult with luggage. No clear directions to lobby area and elevators from parking garage. No mini refrigerator in room. Poor service at Chase Club.

Great location. Forest Park, and many Central West End bistros, bars, coffee houses and restaurants are within easy walking distance. Nice pool area with towels provided. Beautiful lobby area. Comfortable room with own thermostat.

Luxury hotel supposedly, but disappointing...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The housekeeping didn't clean our room. The phone in our room was broken. The bathroom was tight for a large master suite. The elevator keypad was extremely moody and didn't work properly all the time, had to take the stairs sometimes. We stayed at the Chase side of the hotel. Don't know if the Park side is better.

Location. Pool area was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very disappointing.

Bigger room.

Room was so small had to pass one at a time between the dressser and the bed. Was a bedroom off of a suite. No refrigerator. No extra blankets. Two wine classes and one other glass. Very disappointing for the money.

the staff is really nice.

The room cards didn't work. We had to change cards 3 times.

the staff is really nice. It's a classic hotel right in the middle of one of the best parts of St. Louis.

A glimpse of old America!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

This historic hotel was really nice place to stay, the staff were great and although the rooms are little tired were perfectly acceptable. Good position opposite the park. Try the Preston Room for dinner!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Not as service oriented as previous visits.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Not as service oriented as previous visits. Very bland visit. Had lots of difficulties getting rooms booked and made reservations for breakfast the following morning only to find out they never got made. For the money it was pretty bland visit to a "luxury" hotel

Nice place, but could use some window cleaners and better maid service.

Maid did not clean our room the first morning. Had to ask and then got attitude from front desk. They did eventually clean it up, but why did we have to ask???

Beautiful location.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Perfection!

One of our favorite classy hotels to visit. Excellent service and staff, beautiful old building kept up to be grand. Great restaurants and bars on site. Movie theater and spa on site too. Amazing brunch. Always a perfect experience at the Chase. We highly recommend to friends and family passing through STL.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Unsatisfactory results
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Extremely expensive, no refrigerator, LONG walk from elevator and ice machine to room, the room overlooked conduits on the roof.

Size and cleanliness of Room, Excellent location (Forest Park is amazing!)

The hotel was absolutely beautiful.

That we had to leave .

The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The suite provided a home away from gome feel. Best stay I've ever had. All of the staff was helpful and friendly. My family had a blast and we'll definitely be back.

The staff was super friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The location of the room. The room wasn't as big as I had pictured or paid for.

The staff was super friendly. The location was great! Good restaurants/pubs right around the corner!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great in town getaway weekend!

My check in staff was a bit cold and uninviting... I had never stayed here before, more new guest information would have been nice so I didn't have to wait through the line again for information I should have had from the start! The concession closed at the cinema right after our movie started so no chance for a refill or to purchase anything else... when leaving after check out, I wished I had self parked for less money, the lady at the valet station for pick-up was rude and acted as I was putting her out, then with attitude, told me it would be 7-10 minutes to wait for my car... our 2nd car was self parked and the garage is attached so it's convenient to just walk right through the door to your car instead of stand with your bags in the cold for 10 minutes... I appreciate the offering of valet but I'm glad I know now not to pay more again to wait...

It was very convenient for a little in town get away! Valet drop off was very friendly and attentive... had a good time at The Chase Club, the bartenders were wonderful! Our room was lovely and we had perfect view of Forest Park! The whole place is so beautiful!

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Great Location, but overpriced

The hotel is huge, a labyrinth. The parking is really expensive. There are three bars and a movie theater and ball rooms that bring a lot of outside people in. The door to our bathroom when open, blocked the shower door and it would only stay all the way open or all the way closed. There was no minifridge.

Location is the best. Can walk to many places, in one of my favorite neighborhoods, and centrally located in the city so more or less everything is less than 20 minutes away. Wonderful room, basic large traditional American style hotel room. Comfortable bed and nice shower. Liked the gift shop with the mini starbucks inside. Lots of choices in the area for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The matttess was very uncomfortable.

The matttess was very uncomfortable. It seemed like it was worn out and needs to be replaced.

Awesome

Everything! Amenities, location, staff, food, pool!!!

Rooms need updating

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Fantastic!

The bed was to hard.

Everything!

Overall it was good especially all the staff.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Old tower rooms a little tired, no handrail in bathtub, Direct TV very limited on channel selections.

Staff & food venues very good

Needed some pain medication and store within facilities was...

Needed some pain medication and store within facilities was closed.

Best hotel I ever stayed in.

Best hotel I ever stayed in.

Always a great stay at this beautiful hotel with...

Always a great stay at this beautiful hotel with professional staff.

Kyle at the Preston was really attentive & helpful-...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Kyle at the Preston was really attentive & helpful- answered our questions and was super nice.

staff amazing at hotel.

Furniture needs a little attention, but very clean and service excellent!

staff amazing at hotel....

The atmosphere is great Old St Louis

The atmosphere is great Old St Louis

Beautiful property
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Beautiful property

Beautiful view. Clean and comfortBle.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Initial check in line was long. We requested chairs for our balcony.

Nice Room.

They went out of their way to make my husbands birthday a...

They went out of their way to make my husbands birthday a true celebration! Our room was upgraded and they had champagne waiting upon check-in!!!

The space in the two bedroom suite was amazing. Beds were very comfortable.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Fried pickles were perfect. (really)

Visiting daughter at college - great spot to give students a break from the dorm.

All great.

Great hotel complex. Restaurant is great and I love the access to the movie cinema. Rooms and bathrooms big. Beds lovely.

Great birthday retreat!

Parking Super expensive, $30!

Omelets we're amazing! Wine in room for bday celebration, very sweet touch! Beautiful hotel 😊

Top dollar, needs updating,

Rooms have stained furniture with torn curtains.

It would be better if parking was free!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

It would be better if parking was free!

Buffet breakfasts and accommodations there for family...

Venetian shade in bathroom did not come all the way down.

Buffet breakfasts and accommodations there for family members who met us there.

Browse The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta St. Louis traveller photo gallery