Reviews of Chesterfield Hotel & Suites 3 stars

855 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#217 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Standard King Room

There was a hell of a lot of construction going on, on the roof I couldn’t sleep at all I reported on Thursday and Friday and the manager told me that she would accommodate me for the bottle of red wine that’s in my freezer how are you going to accommodate me on something that I brought to y’all hotel!!!

• Room with Two Double Beds

The only issue I had was the bed inside my hotel, it was a little discomfort

The service was extremely good, the guy at the front desk ( Nicko) was very helpful and extremely nice, I was definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Standard King Room

No microwave to reheat your food, some bartenders had nasty attitude and the noise from the housekeeper and maintenance during early morning

It was close to everything and the happy hour

• Premium Suite

We stayed 4 nights had a premium suite for 5 people the maid service came ONE time. The maid threw away some foil balloons we bought to decorate for my birthday celebration. The hotel never answered the phone the bathroom is tiny. The hotel staff was rude and miscommunicated a lot of information.

The room is decent. It’s dingy the location is the best value.

• Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was unorganized they don’t answer the phone from when you calling from your room! So you have to go all the way downstairs! And they have way to much stuff in the refrigerator and it’s not enough room for you to put your stuff! Also there is no Microwave in the room!

Very good location, the rooms was small but the beds were very comfortable and we was able to relax the room was also very clean!

• Room with Two Double Beds

The property’s was really nice the workers were really nice also the only problem I had was something was biteing me and my friend but we didn’t see any bugs

• Room with Two Double Beds

To get your car from valet takes a full hour. Roaches was in our bathroom. Called maintenance about toilet leaking on floor. They took 5hrs just to come look and they didn't fix it, just wiped the floor with my towel. Card never works to get in the room. Stand there for 2 mins trying to get in the room and sometimes have to go to front desk. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!

Workers are friendly. Nice happy hour sitting area is nice.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Tiny room, there was hardly any space for luggage. Very bad wifi, party all night long with loads of noise from the corridor.

Amazing location and very friendly staff!

• Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was dirty, people at the hotel was very noisy and you could hear everything from the room. The pictures on booking are a lie they not match with the real Chesterfield rooms. No good relation between price and service.

The location is the only good thing

• Room with Two Double Beds

There was a leak in the lobby. After we notified the staff, there was no urgency to clean it up or check it out. Also, the elevator. Luckily we were only in the 2nd floor, but the elevator barely fit two if us and our luggage.

The location was AMAZING!!!!

• Standard King Room

I did not like how they charge my card 3 times to make the process of getting my room , I was waiting for my key more than I spect it

The stuff where not attentive , they did not open the door for you when you are carrying heavy bags

Everything from the first so call junior suite they gave me even down to the second room they gave me u could hear so much noise coming from the outside

I didn’t like nothing about this hotel what so ever

• Room with Two Double Beds

I had to change rooms several times due to rain leaks. One leak messed up my hat that I’d just purchased & never got to wear but they did attempt to comp the resort fee so that I could purchase another one buuuuuut... The hat was worth more than that... A few dresses got wet & stinky but I had washed them & it was okay. I also didn’t like how the manager chic was talking to the housekeeping ladies... I probably would have quit on her if it were me that she was talking to. I kind of felt guilty letting her clean my room.

The property was fairly nice. It was located in the midst of everything & I really liked that. The rooms were nice & pretty similar to the photos. I also liked that when I had an issue they worked quickly to resolve it.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Rain leaked into our room from the crack in the window. The toilet was leaking. Front desk never answered phone. Took 40 minutes to get car from valet.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Room needs to be updated.. very old and not clean, dark inside, no remote control for the TV no outlet to charge phone. Disappointed

I love the area outside was very nice. People was friendly and professional

• Standard King Room

Window blinds were broke Sheets where dirty Tv stop working randomly People in front desk never pick up

Bed was dirty tv channels was horrible Air conditioning made me sick

• Standard King Room

Resort fee for walking 12 blocks to an unkempt pool with no towels=very poor value. There was not one towel in our room, which I didn't notice til I stepped out of the shower😳. Room not well maintained or clean. Very loud at night, and it appeared that we were staying in a brothel of sorts....definitely not what were looking for or expecting. The whole experience was distastful and disappointing.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Very loud music played at the lobby until late night (which could be heard from the room, really annoying)/very noisy AC unit/staff a bit cold-barely greeting

Excellent location / high speed wifi / comfortable and fairly clean room/ironing facilities/fast check-in and out/convenient airport shuttle.

• Room with Two Double Beds

One particular staff member at the front desk, very rude, unhelpful and terribly cruel

The location was great, 3 minutes from the beach literally! Good shopping around the area

• Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was not clean. Our light blew out and no one was willing to assist us by contacting maintenance. Staff was rude. Hallways and common areas were dirty and littered. The ceiling was leaking in the shower area. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everyone’s conversations and music in the hallway. The elevator was outdated and broke multiple times.

• Room with Two Double Beds

The room look completely different from the pictures online. The room was so small. The mirrors in the bathroom were dirty. The staff wouldn’t answer the phone at the front desk. I had to ask for washclothes which were not already in the room when checking in because they didn’t have any clean washclothes available.

Great location, close to the beach.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Small and dark rooms with non working TV 30min wait to get your car and music in the lounge until 1:30 am Apart from location this is a vey disgusting place

Location was the only good thing about this hotel.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Room was disgusting. Bed sheets weren't clean, toilet was dirty. Housekeeping lazy and would not clean the room. Had to ask the front desk several times for towels and toilet tissue.

Nothing about this property is likable.

• Standard King Room

Not clean, cockroaches, loud music and not very helpful staff. The staff seemed either high or sleepy... weird experience. I checked out after the first night in my 3 nights stay.. says a lot.

I chose booking because price is always competitive. I was under the impression when I booked that it included everything. I was very disappointed to hear the first thing checking in, that they were charging me $21 resort fee. I may have utilized Expedia due to price.

Location is great

Door only had 1 lock and the shower was only lukewarm

Loved the decor, easy check-in and out, staff was friendly, the room was clean and the location is perfect

• Room with Two Double Beds

On the first room that was given to us, the A/C did not work. I have to call 6 times and wait about 3 hours until 11:00 pm for someone to come check the A/C. When it was finally determined the A/C was not working, we were given another room. The second room was fine until we needed to take a shower in the morning. There was no hot water and we had to take a cold shower, because we didn't have the time to wait for a repair or be transferred again to another room.

Spacious and nice looking room, stereo and TV were available.

• Deluxe Suite

The sheets were dirty make-up from previous guests was all around the room. Horrible housekeeping staff.Towels were funky looking... we chose to go buy our own towels. They don't show any concern to the problems we had with the room. We didn't have water for 4 hours... nobody notified ur about anything. The only perks was the location😐

Great Location but not worth the price

• Room with Two Double Beds

Shower water was lukewarm and toilet could not flush well

Excellent staff! Got us replacement towels, plunger, baggage hold, very quickly. They were very helpful

• Standard King Room

Our bags / things were searched had been gone through when we held our bags at the check out counter!! They stole an expensive battery charger!! Nothing was said and done about it!

Location was good, liked that we can use the pool at their associated hotel

• Standard King Room

Loud and obnoxious patrons, overwhelming stink of marijuana in the lobby, maid staff forgetting to clean my room (Mine wasn’t the only one they missed), thin walls and floors (you can hear everything that goes on next door and upstairs!), unresponsiveness of the frint desk (they don’t answer when you call!), cramped bathroom, no dresser to store clothes, ineffecient booking protocol: many people waiting for their rooms with luggage strewn all over the lobby.

Closeness to the beach

• Standard King Room

The rooms were a far cry from how they are shown online. They were very old and in desperate need of renovation. The rooms were not very clean. I found hair all over the bed, pretty nasty. The staff wasn’t very friendly or accommodating. I asked for a cup of ice at the lobby bar after advising the bartender that I was a guest in the hotel. She responded that only a paying customer at the bar could honored such request. Terrible service.

There was very little to like with my experience while staying at this property.

• Standard King Room

construction on building, changed room once, then twice. third room was perfect! 1st two had issues. third was very, very nice!

friendly staff, free drink happy hour, porch, stored luggage, chandelier lighting throughout, great mattress, close to beach and everything.

• Standard King Room

We found little bugs on our bed when we returned the first day. They moved us into a new room and there we found another 3 (this time bigger) bugs. Maybe the hotel should invest in pest control.

The location was good.

• Standard King Room

Shower!!! No pressure on the water and not hot enough for me even in the warm weather I like my bath hot!!!

Close to everything, nice room, clean, attentive staff

• Standard King Room

There's a lot of noise within the hotel, as well as the cleaners hoovering the hallway really early is quite distracting. Also there's limited power sockets in the room. I struggled to find them.

The location was perfect. The little things they do like complimentary happy hour drinks and towels for the beach were nice touches. The room was decent. Slightly worn in some areas but had a comfortable stay.

• Standard King Room

The 3pm check In. Ladies ...the lighting in the room (King suite ) was very poor.

The staff was very attentive and friendly. The room was very clean. Maintenance staff fast response to address issues in the room. Great shopping. 1 block from Ocean Drive strip. Although I didn't utilize this service, there is a shuttle service to and from airport. Free drinks happy hour!

• Standard King Room

The room was not what it is sold to be online. NONE of the doors or windows in my room locked. Being a tourist in the area I dont like not having the option of locking my door. None of the outlets in the room worked. The bathtub felt like it was gonna cave in.

The sheets and towels were all clean.

• Standard King Room

So many things were broken or in poor condition. Phone was broken, bathroom knobs were loose. And omg the doors—we stayed 6 nights and had to get the key cards fixed/re-programmed on at least 3 separate occasions.

Proximity to beach was great, as was the rain shower and walk-in closet. Shoutout to the great staff who were really helpful, but in general the customer service was hit or miss depending on who was there at the time.

• Standard King Room

Water could have been hotter. But it was fine for a rinse off. I was too busy partying to care

The room was nice, staff was friendly, it was a block away from the beach.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy, room had broken glass on the floor. Bathroom was dirty. Tv was in a spot that we all hit our heads on it at least once.

Great location. Room was bigger than expected. Took full advantage of the happy hour.

• Standard King Room

My belongings were stolen out of my bag at the facilities. Left my bag with the front desk staff and when I retrieved my belongings there were items missing out of my bag. When o brought this issue to the staff...there was no sense of urgency to help me figure out what happen.

The location was perfect

• Standard King Room

first room they gave us was completely trashed and smelled, then they upgraded us to a suite. We go into the suite and a few minutes later another couple opens the door with room keys. They never switched our room in the system. Two big mistakes as soon as we got there.

• Deluxe Suite

The worst, loudest bed we've ever slept on. So loud that everytime one would roll over in bed, everyone would wake up. Also the shower was only hot water. Scolding hot. Could not use. The tub worked but the water came out so slow we would have missed dinner waiting for it to fill.. The floors seemed like they haven't been mopped in a long time. My baby was on the floor for 5 mins and her knees were black. The housekeeping was there the morning we were checking out, cleaning the other rooms. I never saw her mop anything. The wine glass all had lipstick on them.

The building was gorgeous. Perfect location in the Art Deco district.

Miami was the last stop of our honeymoon. We went to Ultra Festival and then spent a couple of extra days in South Beach. As I've been there many times, I wanted to book a special place for our stay and I choose this one. In the pictures, it looked pretty nice, but it wasn't. The bedroom was not clean enough, the bed clothing over the sheets was dirty and the sheets were not soft, we did not have towels in the room at our arrival. We arrive late, our room was in a second floor and nobody helped us to take our baggage to the room, there is no elevator at the property. The lady at the reception did not pick up our calls to ask for towels, we told her that was our honeymoon and she said we were going to get some special treats, which we didn't. There was a day when they did not even cleaned up our room and when we ask them to do it, they just give us towels and new sheets to do it ourselves. The day we left, I spoke to the manager and she said that she did not received any of our comments, and there was nothing she could do on our last day. I will not come back to this place, the staff is not kind at all, the facilities are not clean enough and the hotel is way overpriced.

The hotel is very well located, in the heart of South Beach

• Standard King Room

Many rooms are very small .. challenging even for two persons to move about with two double beds in room.

Did not need a car as hotel was conveniently located to beach and fun.

• Standard King Room

There are many issues that need to be mentioned: -It is said in the hotel page in booking.com that they offer "valet parking" for around 40$ I guess. When I got there, the front office people, Xavian (I guess) and Nicolas, told me there is not any valet parking available but you can pay 50$ cash and get that!!!!!! Then, I called the booking.com representative and complained about this then the guy called front office and it become available somehow!!!! -I booked king’s room and they gave me a room with queen bed!! -There were not any towel available and everytime I needed to go to front office and get towel and bring to the room!! -They did not do room service for one or two nights of my 4 days stay!! In summary, don't book this place!

• Room with Two Double Beds

The way I was being treated by the staff. When I had a issue the staff was unable to help.

The location of the hotel was great. But everything else wasn’t good at all.

I didn’t like that some of the room was a little dirty, also it took an hour to get towels for my room. The spa tub was dirty, and also did not have a stopper so the tub could fill up.

I liked the whole set up of my room, and also that they hold your bags for you if you have an early flight until you’re able to check in. I also like that their other properties have codes so that only guest and staff could access the facilities.

• Room with Two Double Beds

The unreliable staff. That is not answering the phone and when they do keep giving me the push around for my 200+ return deposite to my account. I would not recommend anyone to stay here. I need my deposit and I would not stop calling until or I would take it to the next level.

Can’t say right mow

Unable to get a hold of front desk, hotel ran out of towels, unable to get a hold of valet which resulted parking in a garage where the total fee for parking was $450 for 3 days, long check-in time >35min, overpriced drinks $35 for 2 drinks, no coffee onsite, when using AC a strong gasoline-like smell was present to the point it felt unsafe to stay in the room and my girlfriend developed a migraine which ruined the entire nigh. The odor was nauseating to the point the room had to be vacated and belongings moved to another room. Overall the worst stay in a hotel in 25 years.

• Standard King Room

The staff is terrible from reception to vallet service (even tipping them), not polite, not kind, they always show you they're upset you ask any question or even ask for your car. They tell you it takes 30 minutes to get your car in front of hotel when you need it, so you ask in advance but needs more like 40 or 45 minutes, which is insane. And they don't seem to worry about your long wait. Once i took a cocktail at the bar, it was a good one, but the barman wasn't kind until i tipped him when the cocktail was served.

the location is perfect, more convenient than on ocean drive but really really close to ocean drive and beaches. Nice atmosphere at the bar with nice music all the time.

• Standard King Room

The front desk checkin female was like being greeted by Atilla the Hun: Bold, sassy, demeaning, argumentative, falsely charged me an extra charge and also provided false information re: transit information and then prevented her younger male assistant from his attempt to correct the situation. Had to call Booking .com to review and advocate situation. Daniel confirmed he experienced a similar interaction with this female. Did not like the loud disruptive younger guests who were drining and partying and arguing otside until 1 pm in am.

Although "compact" in size , it was efficient in all that you'd need in a brief stay. The update remodel and especially the color scheme were delightful, amusing and peaceful.

• Standard King Room

The view was of a wall, but it wasn't a big deal.

We loved the shower with the huge mirror, and the light that was hanging in the room was awesome.

I was in a suite and no elevators up to them and the phone didn't work! So now I'm home with a pulled muscle in my back from carrying my 50lb suitcase down from top floor! I definitely didn't like that!

Location was great! Nic at the front desk was the best! He showed me exactly where my room was and carried my heavy suitcase up the stairs for me. Even the next afternoon when I saw him in lobby he was the only person who ask if I needed anything! I like there was a shower in lobby bathroom so after going to beach before leaving for flight I could shower salt and sand off. I would stay here again!

• Family Room

No complaint, outside they wont let u check in early even if your room is ready. They make everyone come back at 3 pm ans then its a long line.

• Standard King Room

Staff was nice and friendly but unexperienced (some confused informations, miscommunication with parking) and possibly understaffed specially at the bar.No breakfast included. It's quite nice and yes, it's south beach, but still too expensive

Very good location, room was very spacious, comfortable and clean. Nice patio on the outside and well stashed mini-bar

• Standard King Room

Warm water was not active until help was called everyday for 3 mornings AC broke down on the second day (It did not affect us since we visited in cold weather) No help in the hotel to carry bags to / from rooms

Nice clean large rooms! Well maintained closet / fridge / furniture

• Family Room

Check in experience was horrible there was no hello, welcome, just what card are you using.Then he placed the card on the counter several times while my hand was out. Everyone else was helpful and friendly.

• Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was the worst room there. Way to nosey around us from guest, staff (housekeeping), and just the street (Collins). Way to much traffic with cars with loud music bumping and you can literally hear it in your room! Oh on top of that the people upstairs was bumping their music for 2 hrs straight! Our neighbor was having sex so we can hear everything!!! Fight outside our hotel room! Not a good place if you want to get a good nights rest! Just don’t stay in room 400 worst room to have if you want legit quiet!

Love love our room (interior). Super nice,clean, comfortable beds, and love how they had full length mirrors. Oh and the lightening was good too. Access to everything was easy! The staff (front of the house) was very nice when checking in and out.

• Standard King Room

Staff was difficult to communicate when arriving and left you standing waiting around before realizing you wanted help.

Had a situation where a creepy guy came onto the patio and wouldn’t leave us alone, told the front desk and they had security come up instantly and kicked them off and wouldn’t let him back onto the road, I loved how they took us seriously and didn’t question us and fixed the problem instantly and kept us safe.

• Standard King Room

Hot water was non existent at 4am, even through the sink. I hope it was an unusual situation, as my girlfriend said she had a hot shower 10 hours earlier.

Hip feeling Hotel in a convenient location to explore the Art Deco area of South Beach.

• Standard King Room

Upon the arrival they gave me different room from the picture that was ok ground level and smelled of mold. However upon complaining they changed our room to another one.

• Standard King Room

I booked and paid for a king room, and they checked me in a double room. The manager told me when booking through booking.com it is not gaurenteed. And there are no microwaves.

• Standard King Room

I usually don't write bad reviews but my last night staying at this place was brutal; My room roof started leaking directly above my bed in 3 places and left my room full of water; I had to get a new room while it was pouring out and got soaked; It was a huge inconvenience and expected much more from the room who's rate was close to $300 a night because of the holidays. All the staff was helpful but the experience was not one I enjoyed.

The staff was friendly

• Room with Two Double Beds

The doors slam hard if just let them close without holding them. Jolts you out of sleep in middle of night people going in and out of rooms.

The location, the staff, amenities, decor, ease of travel, quality furniture and bedding. Everything was great!

• Standard King Room

The toilet was broken the entire time we were there and the water ran constantly. The handle on the toilet could spin around 360 degrees. The shower water was either scalding or you could find a tiny spot where it was not-scalding. This was located randomly on the hot water side of the controls. A tree brushed up against our window making an awful sound. And trash trucks, delivery trucks, workers yelling, you name it started before sunrise daily. The back staircase door opens to an alley and is unlocked. To add insult to injury on our last morning, the valet took over an hour to retrieve our car. This prevented me from that one last shopping trip to buy something for my kids. Oh and it would have been nice to have coffee in-room or in the lobby after not sleeping all night.

The bed was comfortable and the location is amazing...right in her heart of Miami Beach.

• Room with Two Double Beds

the hotel service was poor!! I had to wait over 14 hours for towels. And when I called back it took them another 2 hours to deliver. The cleanliness wasn't up to par and room service only cleaned half the room! They informed me that there were belongings on the bed however both beds had personal items on them and only one was cleaned!

the location of the hotel was ideal and very conveinent

• Standard King Room

The kitchen was nice fully stocked.....the bedrooms were also nice and the bed ....the stay was awesome. Just didn't like waiting for the owner to arrive and let us in.

• Standard King Room

This trip to Miami South Beach was for my birthday. We arrived on my actual birthday excited and ready for a nice vacation from the cold weather. I booked a king size room but the room they lead us to was barely big enough to hold the full size bed they had in it. I have never in my life seen a room so small and unlike what I booked. After my bf brought it to their attention at how pitiful the room was, they did switch rooms for us and placed us in a bigger room with a king bed but the bathroom was still TINY. The bathroom sink also leaked. Our room was right at the front door of the building so the noise level was terrible especially with people going in and out of that slamming door at all times of the night. There was also a fire alarm that went off every morning around 5 or 5:30 that did not go off until a staff member came over to shut it off. Beyond annoying! It just sucked because I really wanted to enjoy this place a lot more than I did given that it was my birthday weekend.

Location and closeness to stores, shops and beach was great. Hotel shuttle to and from airport and being able to store luggage until check in and flight out were convenient.

• Standard King Room

Could have given us more than one bath towel for half the stay. Felt like we were not priority because we are young and don't complain.

Location and front desk workers were awesome

• Standard King Room

The hotel was a huge disappointment. The rooms were filthy. The shower didn't drain. All of the plumbing didn't have any c-traps, which is suppised to keep the sewage smell away, so all the drains made the room smell like raw sewage, probably something the health department and building inspector should look into. The room phone didn't work. When we notified the front desk they didn't do a thing. They didn't even acknowledge our concerns. When I asked for a manager therw was not one on site. They handwd me a business card to try and reach the manager. When I wanted to cancel the additional night we had booked for later that week, I was told to call the booking company, which I did. Thw booking company said I needed to contact the hotel for final cancellation approval, but the hotel insisted i do through the 800 number booking office, and so on. In addition, the walls are paper thin, so if you want any privacy there is none and you hear all the drunks coming in throughout the entire night. We travel constantly and this was the absolute worst experience we've ever had.

Dirty sheets I was told that the suite I booked was not available upon arrival. Hair on the bed and frame 30 min or longer wait for $40.00 Valet No on site parking as described Noisy room Fire alarm went off for 2 hours My concerns were not met with swift or kind service. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that no manager was on duty. I was told that a manager was going to be at the hotel in the morning that I checked out but was told that no manager was available.

The spa tub

• Standard King Room

The first room was occupied. They handled in a professional manner but a little bit of a drag.

Great location. Hip hotel. Lots of stuff happening all around.

• Standard King Room

The fire alarm went off around two in the morning and it took about twenty before someone came to cut it off. Also when housekeeping clean the room they forgot ro leave towels in the room, I would think that would be the first thing that they would replaced when they cleaned the room.

The location to the beach,Plus it's in walking distance to alot of different restaurants. When i checked in they didn't have anymore king room like i had requested but i was upgraded to tjw "LiLy" to a suite,Initially i was upset but the manager assured me that i would be extremely happy and i was.My room was a suite, i had a king bed,A queen bed a beautiful bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub.....Overall i had a good stay.

Browse Chesterfield Hotel & Suites traveller photo gallery