Reviews of Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort 4 stars

3225 Broadmoor Valley Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80906, USA

#23 of 83 hotels in Colorado Springs

The beds and pillows were not very comfortable. The room across from uswas being renovated so our room smelled like paint.

The views were beautiful from the lodge. The pool was serene. They had paddle boats and kayaks for the lake. The gardens were spectacular.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The king bed had two trenches on either side, where the people slept. There was a berm in the mattress between the two trenches.

Really nice property.

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are not very comfortable. They call them queens but I am fairly confident that they are smaller and they put some overly fluffy mattress cover on the beds that just make the beds lumpy. Loud A/C. Kids eating and drinking in the pool and hot tub. There is a sign next to hot tub that says no kids under 12 allowed but this is not enforced as there were 15 kids, ages 4 to 16, in the (small) hot tub for a whole movie and no one got out for 2 hours so... I was there with my son (12) so we stayed at the main pool area. I believe there is an adult pool that may be cleaner and quieter. No biggie, I don't mind kids ( I have 4), just saying.

Great location, beautiful scenery, decent dinner buffet.

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We were hoping for a roll away bed but we couldn’t have one in our room due to the fire code.

We really enjoyed our stay. Gorgeous property and mountain side views! You get a work out just walking around the property as it is spread out and full of stairs. There are elevators in case you don’t want to take the stairs. The beach area and pools were really nice. We also enjoyed the breakfast especially the made to order omelets and waffles. On our last day, we discovered a park near the property with walking trails in the mountains with breaktaking views.

Food and beverage was awful, service and quality was very subpar.

Very clean and tidy, overall appearance was fine, quite dated but fine. In Shower dispensers and liquids inside were awesome.

I did not like the fact that other guests had their dogs in the common areas sitting on furniture that had fabric on it. I witnessed another guest place a treat on the arm of a rocking chair outside and the dog licked it off. Gross. I own dogs myself and leave them home with a sitter when I go on vacation. I personally don’t think pets belong in a pricey resort. They were not service animals. I also had a bad experience at the pool bar. The bar tender was cleary inexperienced and I paid alot of money for sub par drinks.

The view, food, staff were great. The room was clean, comfortable and nice. The amenities were good.

We had dinner at Elevations Lounge on Saturday evening. The food was good, but it did not make up for the horrible service. We were there almost two hours. Our server never came back after dropping the food. I stood up and waited for more than 20 minutes to get the bill and a box; other staff clearly saw that I needed help but did not acknowledge we needed help. I finally had to get a to-go box and pay the bill in the bar; I would NEVER return to this restaurant.

The hotel staff and the property were beautifully maintained.

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The $130 green fees were high relative to the layout and condition of the course. Felt its a $80-100 course

The use of beach and kayaks at no cost Memorial Day weekend was a nice surprise.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner kicked on and off all night long and rattled over 70 decidables. Bathroom unclean, fixtures falling off walls or loose. Lights over bed did not function. Called the desk at 1:30am to have maintaine out for the a/c rattle and was told to ‘sleep through it’ and they would comp our breakfast....no sleep was had, nor breakfast. Poor service. Door to room also did not function well-falling off hinges. No view from room.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Our Thursday night stay was nice and quiet, but the noise from the pool area was pretty loud on Friday night. We wanted to sleep with our balcony door open, but couldn’t because it was so loud. Fortunately, the door made it pretty soundproof though.

The view from the room was breathtaking. We had a view of the lake, the golf course and the mountains. The bed was very comfortable. When walking into the resort, you have the feeling of, “this place is NICE”. Everything was clean, elegant and inviting.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

Great location, nice views. Friendly and helpful staff. Lady at front desk gave us many tips for places to visit. Will definitely come back to this hotel. We got a room on the third floor with views of the mountain. Comfy beds. Enjoyed the fire pit outside the lobby and the hot tub. Can’t wait to visit Colorado Springs again!

I only stayed one night.

After my race (Spartan Super) on Saturday the hot tub was a great way to relax. Then after the hot tub it was great to lay on a bed that was so comfortable! I though I would wake up because of how sore my muscles were, but I slept all night long. I was well rested for my Spartan Sprint on Sunday!

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff wasn't welcoming. Stood at front desk for a minute and both people had thier head's down on computers .I was the only one checking in and when i was finally recognized the lady said "you can go to either one." After signing in she also said "please don't steal my pen?" Why say something petty like that to your guests?? Say "Welcome to Chayenne mountain Resort" or "enjoy your stay". I avoided the front desk the rest of my stay, pissed from my check inn experience.Ladies at Starbucks were awesome though, very friendly every morning and suggested things to do around the resort each interaction ..Maybe move Starbucks to the front entry so you get the first impression of hospitality from that part of the staff. (I checked in Friday APRIL 20th 2018 around 3pm.)

The view was really nice.Starbucks staff was well versed in hospitality.

The indoor pool wasn’t open due to reconstruction. The prices at the restaurant were a bit high and your meal doesn’t even come with a side salad.

The beds are really comfortable. The pool is great. Loved the fitness center. The bar is a really nice place to relax in the evenings.

The surrouding and the fitness of the property a great. The staff was helpful. Our room was quiet old and we cold easily hear the neighbours on the second floor. The room was located behind a new building on a mound. There are rooms with a nicer view than ours was.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The pillows were like bricks - not foam, not feather, just dense, hard material in a pillow case. The only negative thing about my stay!

Room and bed were comfy. Shower head was outstanding (I have long, thick hair and shower heads are a big deal to me). Great breakfast at great value - omelette made to order, fresh fruit, pastries, waffles & more. Service was excellent. Oh and k-love radio was playing in the main building and entryway - loved it!

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t connect to WiFi. Tried calling front desk several times and no one ever answered.

The bed was super comfy, clean room, nice pools and beautiful property overall. The fitness facility was exquisite and we LOVED that there was a sauna and hot tub in the locker room. Great resort and a perfect place for a mini retreat with hubs!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

When the lady that checked us in noticed we booked through booking.com she changed our room from really close to all the amenities to the farthest away building. I didn’t know at the time. That really was frustrating! Then when my husband and i went to sit in the “adults only” hot tub it was full with 3 drunk parents and 15 kids.

The view off the deck was beautiful.

I wish they would have advertised that their big pool was under construction due to a storm that seemed a little shady to me. They have 2 other pools that turned out to be just fine.

This place was super kid friendly, staff was great and the views are breath taking.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The pillows felt like bricks.

Jessica at the front desk was awesome. I would come back just to be able to hang out with her. LOL She had great ideas of what to see and where to eat as well. I would grade her an A+

This is picky, but the pool was crowded with kids playing ... I would like an adult pool to swim laps!

I arrived earlier than typical dinner hour, so had a light snack at the bar. Delicious food and super friendly staff who gave me lots of tips about the area. Resort is very scenic with pool, golf course and trails. Rooms were awesome and quiet! Bfast buffet was excellent and Sylvia was a joy to chat with while serving me coffee! I will certainly return and recommend highly!

I didn’t allow my kids to go out on the balcony because the railings was very unstable. It would be great to have microwaves as standard in your rooms.

The Mountain View from my room.

Our room was ran down, dirty nothing like the pictures online, conditioner wasn’t filled, chair in room had all kinds of white crusty stains, bathroom floor was dirty, only had one robe, screen door to balcony was broken wouldn’t slide, had a ghetto rigged lock to screw balcony door closed, swat team was down the road with road blocked and guns drawn with new channel covering not a safe location for family, golf said nothing about not wearing jeans it was 50 with wind and they required golf shorts or khakis pants which was entirely too cold for myself much less my 6 year old (this was the only reason we chose this resort was to play family golf and we didn’t get to play and were treated poorly by staff due to being bundled up and in jeans we are not poor and they acted like we didn't belong there did the look us up and down turn your snotty nose up look), food was terrible and way over priced, waitress was nice at bar but other one in restaurant was rude, bug in our bed, definitely not worth the money to stay here was very upset this was our 1st anniversary getaway and I spent most of it grossed out and pissed because if we canceled our reservation they were still going to charge us since we checked in!! Stayed gone as much as possible during daylight and only returned to sleep in uncomfortable beds! This review gives them a 2.5 there is no way they deserve anything close to that more like a -10!

The hot tub and pool were the only decent things.

This hotel Looks way better online then in person. I have NEVER wrote a bad review. Got there and decided to get a bite to eat. We got nachos to share that weren’t good and two cocktails. Cost us 60 bucks. We decided to hit the pool. It was a cold day. All towels were used when we got there so we had to go ask for more and it took forever. We went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We sat at the dinner table for an hour and a half before getting our food. Bill was 100 and the worst100 dollars ive ever spent on food. We Went back to the room to sleep and was very loud. Could here everyone opening and closing their doors. Car alarm went off in the parking lot three times that night. We would have had a better stay at a cheaper hotel but we wanted to splurge I would have been totally fine to spend that much money on a hotel that was worth it, but I just feel like I wasted my money. I recommend getting a cheaper hotel that has a pool and just hitting the town for dinner. We had a good breaksfast in town and enjoyed the day out at the Cave of The Winds and Garden of The Gods.

• Executive King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The king bed was super uncomfortable. Everything besides breakfast was not included and costed way too much. Went near broke just staying 1 night. We were also really looking forward to the spa, but did but know we needed to book ahead of time so we did not get to go to the spa. :( I did enjoy the jetted tub in our room. And the Jacuzzi and pool outside. The cost for dinner with hardly any selections also blew my mind.

The shower drain did not drain well. The bed had black lint in the sheets (which were white). This led to a feeling that things were not really clean. The TV was poor quality. Not a 4 star room.

Look somewhere else.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

No indoor pool, no indoor walkways between buildings. Not much to offer for winter vacationers.

Location, beutiful view. Great place to stay if visiting during the summer.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Honestly nothing! Even with bad weather it was a treat.

We lucked out with a room on the top floor and on the end,but it was super quiet and the bed was soooo comfy! The food was excellent and on the last day we overslept and missed the dining room breakfast, but had a yummy breakfast at the coffee shop anyway. I tried out the spa which was fabulous, and my boyfriend went to the gym which was very nice as well. The property is gorgeous, we will be back for the warmer season as well!

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds where comfortable rooms where clean it was very cold when we where there unable to use the pool or tour the grounds. Would come back in the summer an enjoy the amenities

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Indoor pool was closed for maintenance on a Peak night. Only buffet option available at restaurant, but it was NYE.

Room was really nice. View of golf course, lake and mountains made me feel more remote than we actually were. Nice area to walk my dog.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

TV quality was poor. Notified management concerning TV, was told that they could not do any better. Noisey hallway and adjacent rooms. Did not honor my AARP membership card.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds were good.

loved everything about the resort

The beds were so soft and very comfortable after long adventures day! The restaurant staff was just as amazing as the food they served. I will definitely recommend my family, friends and coworkers.

The room was old and did not look like the pictures advertised on website. Walls were thin and could hear neighbors tv the entire night. Lights didn’t work, batteries dead in tv remote. Overall room had a very dingy feel. Pretty disappointed, especially for the price. Will definitely be staying elsewhere next time.

Only problem was the location of our room which we have to meander our way up to the lobby, but no problem

Beautiful property with a panoramic view of the Cheyenne Mountains. Possibly one of the best breakfasts we had. The attention by one of the bartender girls during the evening was exceptional

Property was older than expected

Beautiful views, good restaurants, really enjoyed the fire pit, quiet location, easy access to tourist destinations, staff and service were great, lots of recreational activities on site

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The fan was loud in our room. Maybe a softer pillow option?

So happy the outdoor pool was heated-swimming in October is tops! Location to Zoo and Garden of the Gods was perfect! Breakfast was a sweet balance of healthy and not so healthy! The views from the deck can't be beat! Only wish I could have a glass of wine at the pool?! Didn't inquire but may be it is possible- in plastic cups?

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Back to 1986. The decoration is like going back to the mid 1980’s. It really needs a refresher. Another negative is the water pressure in the shower, and the shower head itself. No pressure, and no possibility to regulate the little pressure there was. ThIs is not even a building, but a 3 story “Lodge”, and I was on the ground floor... (there was one floor above and one floor below from my floor, ground level)

Spacious rooms, comfy beds.

Staff provided horrible service. They said the breakfast will be served till 10.00 am. We went there at 9.15 but the person at the front said breakfast is closed and not open anymore. Also breakfast was part of our package when we made the reservation online but they charged me again separately saying that they can't find it in the system. How would it be my problem it they can't find it. Half of the things including the vent fan and iron box were not working. The AC fan was making loud noise and if you are on ground floor, you will keep hearing people walking above you all the time. I can't believe I spent so much money on this hotel.

Nothing apart from the location of the resort.

Very friendly, many included activities at the lake, fitness area was excellent, loved the brunch and views from the dining area. Also very close to points of interest in town and not far from other dining options.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The covered pool should be eliminated from the web site/brochure/advertisements until available.

Nice to have the added breakfast. The featured event "the car flying over the fence into the pool" Fun to watch but thankfully no one hurt and the clean up was very fast "thank you". Quite the show and the 4th of July fire works were awesome.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price of the resort didn't live up to the service that was expected. Management did not adequately staff the resort to deliver the expected service required for room prices. We have a few examples to share: 1. On the first night, my family of 6 had to wait over 50 minutes for our meal at Elevations restaurant at 7:30 at night. It was not the servers fault, but the cooks/management. When we did get the food, my husband's steak was well done, not medium rare as requested. It was too late to get dessert for the little ones and I knew it would take too long. I complained to Manager and she did compensate us. I thought this would be it, but we had additional issues in the coming days. 2. At the Mountain Review restaurant at breakfast buffet on Day 2, there was a Best Buy convention. Again, management should have staffed the restaurant appropriately. We waited forever for service of drinks, refills on coffee, and replenishing of food. I don't blame the servers as they tried. Unacceptable for the price of the hotel. 3. At the fire area on Day 2, my husband and I waited over 15 min for service on the patio and no one came. My husband went in, asked if anyone would come out, and was told soon. We waited another 10 min before we just came in to order a glass of wine from the Elevations bar. Again, unacceptable for the price of the hotel. 4. The property covers a wide area. There are older people and kids that cannot easily walk to aquatic center or have someone drive them all the time. For these prices, there should be a shuttle service with the golf carts or whatever either at certain locations or upon request available to drive guests around at their request during core hrs like 9-7pm at any time. We called and were told this was available when their driver was available. At the time, he was not available as he was taking someone to the airport. Again unacceptable in my book. 5.

Staff was nice. Beds were comfortable. Pools were warm enough for us and spa was nice. We did have a good food and service at the golf club.

Restaurant was overpriced and food was mediocre. Recommend dining elsewhere. We also were awakened every night by people walking upstairs. You can hear every step they make.

Beautiful location and so many things to do here and nearby. We were here with a large family group and all ages had fun with so many activities. We were here during the summer.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

REALLY didn't like the no elevator lodge, constant noise of people dragging their suitcases up and down the stairs, pee on the bathroom floor, hair in the shower, having to call and ask 3 times for a shower cap.

The view, the restaurant, great food!

Beach closed too early and drinks overpriced and no real alcohol in drinks they claimed to be cocktails

The views were spectacular and things to do on site were great

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The sheets on the bed were not changed from the previous guest. This was obvious given a scab left behind as well as body hair all over the sheets. So gross!!! The hotel placed a family with small children above us and they ran back and forth across the hotel room non-stop until 11 PM probably hopped up on sugar from the s'mores bar. Impossible to sleep with the herd running over head. Very loud!!! Over all the condition of the room was very poor. Not worth $225.00 per night!!!

The restaurant has nice views. The breakfast buffet was ok, nothing wonderful or worth the price.

Really?...$4/bottle of water?

This is a beautiful property set in beautiful surroundings. The room was very nice; we ensconced ourselves in the total comfort of it.

It seems to be few "un reminded " fee at the desk, nothing to do with booking.com but bit of suppressed at the check in time.

Location for sure !

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

I most wanted view, if you went out on balcony & looked far right you could see a mountain. With houses & subdivisions on it. Not what I call a view of mts

Nice area

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Everything about the stay was terrific, from the amazing room views to the excellent food at the restaurants and facilities for fitness, firepit and spa. I highly recommend this Resort and will definately stay there in the future.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The rooms were dated, uncomfortable beds, you hear EVERYONE above or below you. Felt like we could hold a conversation with the people through the thin walls. The bathroom was SMALL. Staff was not knowledgeable as far as timing of opening and closing of facilities. Everything has an extra charge, water included. WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

I went to the spa and 20% gratuities was automatically added to the bill. I though it was a bit too generous.

Excellent, staff were very friendly and helpful. Beautiful location and accommodations.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Facility and rooms are dated for the money. Food quality (buffet) is good, but very limited choice and way overpriced. Restaurant facility (with the bar) feels like an airport terminal, uncomfortable.

Location is excellent, views are amazing, service employees are all helpful, courteous and inviting. Close proximety to Garden of Gods

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk clerk was not helpful when we requested a small conference room. ("sorry I can not help you") We asked for the manager and she was very helpful and courteous.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

I liked everything as the property was clearly represented

Solid delivery of represented facility It's large resort and one must be mindful of where your room is...views can be of the beautiful mountain range or the parking lot. We had a parking lot view but also paid the lowest nightly rate. Our room was clean, nicely decorated, comfortable and we were pleased with our stay. I also appreciated the many amenities offered at the resort

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

A waitress at Elevations Restaurant tried to overcharge us. She insisted that 4 more drinks charged to my bill was mine, which was not. She was very persistant that we ordered the drinks. When I argued and insisted we did not have these 4 drinks, she said, "you looked like someone else, you know, human error." On the website it stated breakfast was included but when I checked in they said it was not. When I looked up the booking confirmation it said no meals included.

Great location and amenities at Cheyenne. The pool, fitness center and grounds, which we took advantage of, were all really nice. Even though I ended up paying for breakfast, it was still reasonably priced, and good.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Ice machine in DOVE complex did not work. Has not for sometime according to staff. Bathroom tiles were broken and some loose. Grout was missing.

Mountain/golf course view from room was good although initial room assignment was not acceptable.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The place felt fashionable 15 years ago. The rooms were tired- walls, furniture. Bathroom old and patches of damp on ceiling. Room smelled of damp and sweat. Outdoor pool opened at 5:30am but only for lane swimming. Kids could not swim until 10:15am - considering the expensive overnight stay and the fact that checkout is 12:00 - this policy is disappointing.

Wonderful location and views. Lots of facilities (for which you are paying in the overnight price): two outdoor pools, indoor pool, lake, spa, gym and golf. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The air conditioning was not working properly the first night and caused me to lose hours of sleep on the most valuable night I needed sleep.

The view was spectacular and the front desk staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The rooms have been updated and remodeled but the sinks are single with no counter space and there's only shelving under one of the sinks for bathroom storage (2 queen room). With two teenage girls plus mom, we had to store some of our stuff on the floor in ziploc bags. We ate on site once and the food is average for the sky high price. We opted to eat elsewhere for the remainder of our trip.

We've stayed at Cheyenne Mountain four times over the last ten years. Our children are older teenagers now and they still love it! The accommodations are always clean and comfortable. The location is beautiful and is central for all the activities, dining and sight seeing in Colorado and Manitou Springs. Plus, the views and amenities on site are spectacular. This will always be one of our favorite places to stay!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Front desk staff person on check in was unhappy and made a poor first impression. The rest of the crew was nice and helpful all around.

There were a lot of outdoor activities. Lovely decks to enjoy the views. Very serene setting.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

The price of our stay was very overrated for the room we stayed in. The AC did not work well at all, the bath tub is a small hotel tub that leaked the water out the drain so I was constantly adding water to keep it half filled. Although they did pick up our room I would not consider it cleaned. Unfortunately I have to say we will not be staying with them again..

The view from our room was beautiful..

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Price of buffet at $36 per person very excessive causing most nights to eat elsewhere. Booking.com did horrible job so my reservation was never actually made with resort. Thanks to front desk they took great care of us to avoid what otherwise could have been a disaster. Good job front desk staff!!

Loved accommodations, pool access, food access (food not worth the price), friendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

It would have been nice to have a vent in the bathroom. The a/c was not working but thanks to your professional maintenance staff it was repaired in a timely fashion.

The beds were super comfy! We loved the fluffy mattress pads😊 The additional elevated sink was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

July 4th buffet dinner at Pinewood Lodge was held in steamers too long, got cold and tough, too salty. Beautiful view though and service staff was good, which made up for overpriced buffet dinner.

Mountainview Restaurant breakfast was delicious every morning. Staff was friendly. Cleaning service was prompt and thorough. Room was close to pool and hot tub.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

The main lodge and room seemed outdated. Our air-conditioning did not work and we could hear the people above us pacing back-and-forth as early as 5 AM both mornings. Breakfast and our waiter at the lodge was terrible. After breakfast we did not eat any other meals here.

Location, pool and spa/gym were great.

We thought the cost of playing tennis was unreasonably high for the amount paid for the too.

Nice facilities, layout, location & design

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms small, limited channels on tv,

Heated pool

All good no issues

Location and amenities

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was nice, a little dated. Bed was not very comfortable.

Location was great. Price was affordable.

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The property is not very clean

Great view from room.

• Deluxe Queen Room wuth Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Room AC did not cool as well as we would have liked.

Bar Service-slow, unfriendly

Lovely view

Everything was better than expected. The staff was friendly and helpful. The mountains were beautiful, the food was delicious.

Hot in the rooms

Fitness center and tennis courts were nice!

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The pillows were not very comfortable. They were somewhat flat and felt like they had hey strings in them. A nice down pillow would have been great.

Browse Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort traveller photo gallery