Reviews of Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside 3 stars

4400 Frontage Road, Hillside, IL 60162 , USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Hillside

The shuttle drivers were nice

Rooms wouldn’t open. Had to go down to the front desk three times to register key card over and over again. Room smelt like farts and cigarettes. Pillow cases were dirty and sheets looked like they had been slept in and not changed. Hair on top of the bed blanket.

The shuttle drivers were nice

Great stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The distance from downtown and the Navy Pier was very inconvenient for us. The bathroom was awfully small and our room was right by the exit door so every time someone left or re-enterd the door would slam really loud.

The neighborhood felt safe and the convenience for shopping was ok. I really liked the lounge, the atmosphere was all that. The food was great and the hospitality from our bartender was awesome.

Bed was comfortable.

Too far from the airport (30 minutes). You have to call for a shuttle upon airport arrival, which takes another 30 + minutes to pick you up

Bed was comfortable. There was a shuttle to and from airport

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Clean, great value, plenty of parking and comfortable beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could see where it could be noisy being close to interstate and bathroom needed some minor repair but it wasn’t an inconvenience. Had good water pressure.

Clean, great value, plenty of parking and comfortable beds. Had a microwave & fridge but did not use.

Never again will I stay here

Waiting 6hrs at the airport waiting for a shuttle ride to the hotel. Had to keep calling for a ride because the front desk lady would give me a different time each time we called. Had ants in our room my sister, and niece had to keep killing them, found a dirty Q-TIP on the floor in the closet area, had a room with queen size beds, got transferred to a room with full size beds. Pillows were very small more like decorative pillows. The gym are was very small which the picture of the gym on their website makes it appear larger due to the mirrors in the room. 3 pieces of the gym equipment was broken. So I don't understand how it got a 7.8 star rating because it only deserves a 1 star rating. Was supposed to be checked in at 3 pm but didn't arrive until 6:30 so everything we had scheduled for that day was ruined. Wouldn't even offer us to pay at least half the room or offer anything for our inconveniences. So I DON'T recommend ANYONE to stay here. The only good thing was our 2 shuttle drivers were very friendly and they were very surprised at how we were treated.

Friendly shuttle drivers

The room was clean and bed comfortable!

During my stay I didn't have any complaints.

The room was clean and bed comfortable! I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The price is reasonable and the food was delicious! I also liked the service and the rate for my stay was perfect for my budget. I definitely will book again and will recommend it to others.

I will be returning

I loved the area and the friendly staff. It was nice and clean and I will be returning.....I'm thinking about renting out the ball or conference room for my wedding reception and also rent rooms for my out of town guest...

It exceeded my expectations, would totally recommend it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cannot think of anything that was disapponting with the stay. Their breakfast was an add-on but totally worthy, they offered a warm meal with options to choose from, very attentive staff.

Exceptionally clean, staff was friendly and welcoming.

Great value for the price!

Didn't get the breakfast in my room rate this trip as it would have been less expensive to purchase on my own. Not a good upsell feature.

I really enjoy the location of this property, right by the freeway and close to all the interstate exchanges so love that. Beds are comfortable and the water is hot.

Friendly staff especially the nice waitress at the...

No sun chair at the pool Nothing around the hotel. The closest shop or restaurant is 20 min walk away.

Friendly staff especially the nice waitress at the restaurant. Good food and comfy bed

Excellent mini getaway

There was nothing I didn't like.

The heated outdoor pool and breakfast buffet for cheap! They also let me checkout late, more sleep, and breakfast was delicious. Hot meals, not just continental. I loved my stay here and will probably return.

Good value but far from airport and without 24hr shuttle!

Too far from airport. Shuttle to airport not running 24 hrs; guests run the risk of hefty taxi fare if leaving early or arriving late.

Fair accommodation for the price.

Good location, free breakfast for Rewards members, reasonable comfort, great price

The carpet had some rips in it. My room faced the highway and I felt the vibrations all night. My room was in a wing that could only be reached by climbing half a flight of stairs. My key card lost its ability to open the door three times during my 2-night visit, even though I was careful to keep it separate from my phone and car keys.

Great value for price compared to other lodging in the area

Great Shuttle service! Friendly staff, Comfortable bed

Tear in carpet seemed wet. I didn't know it was so far from the Airport and also I wasn't thrilled with the freeway view.

Free Shuttle to and from O'Hare Airport and also to and from Blue Line.

We enjoyed our stay!

The bed was very comfortable. Food for breakfast was delicious and the coupon helped. Most hotels we go to have breakfast included but having the coupon helped. People that worked there were very helpful.

After a hard start, it was a lovely stay!

The staff went out of their way to make me happy. They made me a meal after hours and comped a glass of wine when I had a hard time finding the shuttle. BTW, at O'Hare, go THROUGH the Hilton to find the hotel shuttle pickup area.

Exceeded my expectations

The pillows were small and a bit uncomfortable, and that was the only negative.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff very friendly. They even folded my dogs blanket that she slept on.

beds were very clean and comfy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

we could not park on the end of building where our room was, as a person with disabilities the steps and longer walk stunk. when we checked in, they gave us a key to a room that had not been cleaned and reeked of weed. the whole outer hall smelled of weed also. the second room was good.

beds were very clean and comfy

The manager was badly managed the staff accused me of...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The manager was badly managed the staff accused me of smoking I didn’t went the manager check he said I was good but when I asked for some type of discount or free night they looked at me like I’m nonexistent bad service

I love the hotel itself and the staff were amazing.
    • King Room - Smoking

I love the hotel itself and the staff were amazing.... Only thing is the power kept going out an my room was far from the elevator. I'm on oxygen but over all it was another great trip I'll be back asap.... Thanks

Outside of two problems, the room was very nice.
    • King Room with Roll In Shower-Disabilty Access

2 things. My wife is handicapped, the shower was a roll in shower, good, but the shower head was not able to be fastened to the holder because the holder was the wrong size and the locking mechanism did not lock it. Had to tie it up with a plastic trash bag to use. Also the room was nice looking overall great, but the wall ac/heater was noisy and made clanking noises ever so often which kept us from getting a good night sleep.

Outside of two problems, the room was very nice.

It was a Chritmas gift yo bewith our guys

Dinner buffet was missed because we enjoyed the selections after the long drive from Missouri and eating with family for years

Our grandsons live nearby, so we have stayed here for years. We muussedFridaynight buffet. Breakfast buffet was g oiid everyday. Fish, pizza, chip, burgers were good in the bar area. We miss the buffet for dinner. They gave gi ft yyo children for Christmas. Our grandkids stayed overnight and we had a roll away bed. Traffic wasnoisy, but we liked the big room and decorated for the holidays. Owner u s really nice, so we're the ladies in th e desk and waitress we have known for 11 years. Our home away ff on home in Hillside for 11 years.

My go to Chicago Hotel

Good location and value. I always pick this hotel to stay at when in town and am always happy with it. Very comfortable quiet hotel. Nice breakfast too.

We slept there, thank god that was all we had to do.

Hate those small pillows. Bag of trash in hallway for over 24+ hours. Room smelled like smoke (either was a smoking room at some point or smoke was traveling through duct system). Exterior back entry door did not work for card entry, so could not use that part of parking lot. No luggage carts upon arrival, but one was in our hallway overnight. Bad cable tv reception (went out during rain).

The hall carpet could have been cleaner.

The hall carpet could have been cleaner. There was a leak around the a/c in the room. I reported it to the desk. The carpet was very damp causing a slightly musty smell.

We've previously stayed at this location and they continue to provide great service.
    • King Room with Roll In Shower-Disabilty Access

The mattress wasn't comfortable. I think it's time it was replaced.

The room was clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of food, which was hot and well-stocked.

Friendly staff and housekeeping!

The pool was closed, ice machine didn't work. The bed covers smelled a little and the bathrooms are very small.

Friendly staff and housekeeping! Easy to check in and out, no surprise extra fees.

Big room small bathroom, big breakfast small price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The curtains do not cover the whole window when closed. Airco makes a lot of noise. Small bathroom: opening the door to go into the shower is already a hassle.

Clean, easy car location and discountcoupons for breakfast.

Great breakfast buffet

Pillows

Beds were comfortable with exception of pillows were small square pillows x4 on king size bed. They were comfortable though. Room was clean and nice size. The breakfast buffet was excellent which was main reason I decided to stay here again. Was reasonably priced. The Belgian waffle maker and eggs are my favorite. Staff were friendly. This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. We had to pick up our son from airport. Would stay here again

Not Bad for the Price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish the Charlie eatery had a little more food choses. But the food we ate was good.

The breakfast is wonderful. Truly appreciate the free shuttle, this is one reason we stay at this hotel. We spend most of our time in the downtown area, we didn't need to rent a car because of the free shuttle. The staff was very nice.

Staff was super accommodating and made sure to go out of...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Went to chicago for a music festival and apparently many people stayed at that same hotel due to how central it was to the venue and chicago itself. I will say that i was hoping we would receive a great room given it was just renovated but once i received the hotel key and entered the room i realized not only did we get an old room but you could clearly see small mold marks under the faucet and around the faucet itself never stopped dripping. We had to close (slide the door) to not here the sound. Also, some shades were broken and just left over the ac vent.

Staff was super accommodating and made sure to go out of their way to insure great customer service.

One night stay ok, but for nights longer find somewhere else

The hotel can stand to be a little more cleaner. The hotel hall carpet needs to be clean and the comforter in the rooms need to be change. Our room comforter had a smoke hole in it. Someone had put a plastic bag over the smoke detectors. The cleaning staff was very nice. The front desk staff was ok, but need to work social skills.

I really didn't eat breakfast.

The AC in my room worked well and the bed was comfortable.
    • King Room - Smoking

Front desk staff seemed uninformed and were slightly rude. They sent me on a wild goose chase to find the coin operated laundry room. The halls, elevator and buffet dining room were HOT. Broke a sweat just walking around. Tiny bathroom in room. Pool was broken.

The AC in my room worked well and the bed was comfortable. Restaurant, bar and housekeeping staff were great. Coffee was decent and food was good.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Nice place for short visit.

Bathroom was not the best, peeling paint, water damage, needed updated. Also vending machines for drinks on 2 floor (both of them were empty).

Great location, nice neighborhood, good value for money.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Special price or breakfast buffet on Monday.

The cable tv does not have Fox News, Fox Business, FX or AMC. Left two shirts in a bureau drawer. Still waiting on the staff to call back.

Special price or breakfast buffet on Monday.

Will not stay at a Best Western again in the future.
    • Double Room - Disabilty Access

No remote for tv, shower was stained from age (I wish I had shower shoes), front desk never responded to the phone, I had to go to desk in person or call from outside line. Dog barking and banging on door of another close room for over an hour and a half until I finally called from an outside line (because no one would answer internally) and got someone to investigate. Breakfast, hot food was cold. Cold food such as milk was room temperature. Fresh fruit was sour.

Although straight out of the 70's my bathroom meet the needs I have regarding disability accessibility.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The worst hotel ever!!

nothing was up to standards. very rude staff!!! no room service whatsoever. never going back there.

for the business purpose and being close to airport

Good location between our wedding venue and downtown Chicago. a plaza 2 mins away

I wish breakfast was included in the price.

I loved that they were understanding that we drove 12 hours to Chicago all night and they let us check-in early. That was very kind and they gave no fuss. Things like that is what makes one hotel better than the other. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Awful

The fridge and ac were doing so much noice I had to unplug them to be able to sleep The bed was uncomfortable as were the pillows. The toilet wasn't flushed when I got there The room was dark and humid. The price is outrageous for the area and service they provide

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The electrical outlet in the bathroom did not work. There were not enough outlets near the bed. They were all across the room. Despite the cold temps outside, the heater was very loud so I had to turn it off when I slept.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

I arrived late at night (around 12am) and I called them to...

I arrived late at night (around 12am) and I called them to request the shuttle that they offer. The driver was super nice, the front desk person was super nice as well, calling me with update where the van was... Really friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Okay for the price.

The place was old and new paint didn't really change that. You could turn on the heat or you could turn on air conditioning which made the room uncomfortable.

The breakfast was good but we had to pay for it. Most places serve breakfast free, but the discounted rate still put paying for breakfast in my budget.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Exceptional shuttle bus service.
    • King Room with Roll In Shower-Disabilty Access

AC unit was noisy, but also a lot of noise from outside in the room looking to the highway.

Exceptional shuttle bus service. They brought me to the nearby shopping mall, brought me back to hotel and then draw me to the airport. Don't forget to call hotel when you arrive. The shuttle bus is only coming when called.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

If Shuttle service is top of your list, this is The Place to

The lounge service was attentive, but people being there seemed to be an inconvenience; and setting was not as good as it appeared in the photos.

The Shuttle service was a great value, and the drivers were awesome. Howard is the man. The food was decent, and a good value given the somewhat isolated location.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great Stay At An Affordable Price!

I have no complaints.

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel. We also booked 3 rooms for other family members. This is going to be my "Go To" hotel whenever I travel to Chicago. The rate is excellent,the employees provide good customer service, the rooms are very clean as well as the common areas. The location is excellent. It is located right off the expressway. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others. Oh I must mention the wonderful shower pressure and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Not too happy
    • King Room - Smoking

I reserved a king room and ended up with double bed. The room wasn't as clean as I would have liked. Non smoking room but had staleness to it comforter wasn't very fresh and the pilliows are really small

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Check in was friendly.
    • King Room - Smoking

Internet and wifi horrible. Evening staff were unprofessional and no one cared to even try to solve problem. I had a business call that was canceled for lack of wifi. Really bad

Check in was friendly. Restaurant ok

Clean property and rooms, bar and restaurant on site.

Weekend prices are high versus weekdays but overall good experience.

Clean property and rooms, bar and restaurant on site.

Pleasant as always

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Loved My Stay
    • King Room - Smoking

Clean & very courteous & friendly staff!

Restaurant and bar on site .

Restaurant and bar on site .

Brilliant breakfast.

Brilliant breakfast.

Awful. Staff told me my dogs were an inconvenience to have at hotel. Hotel dirty and smelled of pot

Staff was rude! Room was dirty! Air conditioning didn’t work!

Good value. Near O'Hare, but also easy access to city via Blue Line. Shuttle will take you.

Breakfast buffet Shuttle service

Clean and comfortable and large rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No free breakfast, far from downtown.

Clean and comfortable and large rooms. Affordable prices.

Tron
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The pool ,easy access, to everything

Park and fly

Too close to a busy expressway. We heard semi trucks all night long.

Plenty of parking. Able to park and get a free shuttle to O'hare.

The room was clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

That breakfast was not free

The room was clean

Good value for money
    • King Room - Smoking

Free shuttle service to and from Ohare airport and Forest Park blue line train was excellent. Good breakfast available for $6 US each

Easy checkin with a generous smile

Finding it was hard

Easy checkin with a generous smile

Pleasant

Train whistes at night 😟 understand iT cant be helped.

Waitress/barmaid was AWESOME! Very helpful expirencrd and customer service oriented.

Very comfortable and satisfactory

I couldn't take my breakfast back to the room...

no incidental fee

Small pillows.

Small pillows. Old blanket Too far from airport

Everything was excellent

Everything was excellent

Excellent, Excellent

There's nothing I didn't like.

The bed slept excellent. It's so relaxing. A home away from home. I would recommend Best Western.

Excellent stay

N/a

Friendly clean nice staff

The stay was great no problems we loved everything about our dyzy8
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything was great we have no complains

Yes the breakfast was awesome

Boring
    • King Room - Smoking

The powerful going out for hours

The staff

My first choice of hotel in Chicagoland!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great value and location. Really comfy beds!

No the bed wasn't like a cloud.

The beds.

No the bed wasn't like a cloud.

We had a good time and thank you for making the booking process quick and easy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I prefer to having the tv channel guide already in the room. But the front desk had them available upon request.

Besides the restroom door not closing it was a decent place

The bathroom door was broken, it would not close!!

Breakfast hours till 11am is perfect cause I wake up late.

Water does not get hot! Took a cold bath.

Breakfast hours till 11am is perfect cause I wake up late.

Great room, got an extended check out! What more could I ask for!

Staff was Great! Nice comfy bed! Clean room. Love the price

Shower and plumming need some work.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower and plumming need some work.