Reviews of Chicago Parthenon Hostel 2 stars

310 South Halsted Street, West Loop, Chicago, IL 60661, USA

#139 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Based on 884 hostel reviews

nothing. It was wonderfulq

The staff went above and beyond on all aspects of my stay. Joel and Loraine were wonderful and helpful. They helped me navagate around the city. I will be making several trips to Chicago for Medical reasonsn, and this will be the ONLY place I will stay

This hostel has so much character and the staff are so sweet.
    • Private Room with Two Beds

This hostel has so much character and the staff are so sweet. It’s pretty centrally located and although the facilities aren’t necessarily the BEST everything was lovely and clean which is really all you can ask. It’s good value for money and I would deffo stay here again.

• Private Room with Two Beds

I understand that it's a hostel, but I do think that it was very excited for accommodation with shared bathrooms (price was the same as for 4 star hotel in upmarket Washington DC I stayed at last week). The same trash that was lying around in the bathroom when I got the was still there when I left 3 days later. Room was stuffy since you are not allowed to open windows and no ac

Overall it was what I expected. I didn't expect notbing more.
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Everything was pretty much what I expected. It's like when your away in college. You share dorms with total strangers. There wasn't anything I didn't like

It's a good place to just go crash out at. That's all I needed. No need for fancy hotels. Also has great bar and restaurant right next door to it. Was great

grear
    • Private Room with Two Beds

the place is old with a squeky floor and stairs.

the location is great and conducive to transportation. the staff are accommodating and ready to assist. the breakfast has less choices but its free.

I was not really traveling busy so it was okay to look...
    • Private Room with Two Beds

I was not really traveling busy so it was okay to look around from this place since the metro was pretty nice. I bought the 3day pass and used it well.

The location was good and the shared areas other than the...
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The bathrooms could’ve been cleaner. There were a lot of hairs in the showers. Also we found a few hairs in one of the beds but other than that the hostel was really clean. Another thing that was bothering us was that there was music playing outside of the hostel both nights we were staying there. Whoever it wasn’t too loud and we were able to sleep.

The location was good and the shared areas other than the bathroom were really clean. We had a private double room which wasn’t the biggest but mostly clean. The breakfast that came with the room was rather small but it was okay. The staff was really nice and made sure we had a good stay.

Since I have allergies to deodorizes I went out all day, came in late and left early. Slept well.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

It was a little too warm for my liking and judging by my neighbors open door it was too hot for them too. Air deodorizer was too much. Cleanliness resolves any bad odors and my room was clean.

They had a great breakfast.

My experience was okay, but hostel accommodations may be for younger people (I am 67).
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

When I arrived, I saw a sign on the door that requested me to call a staff person to get inside. Talking on the phone is difficult for me due to a hearing loss. Once inside, the staff person was friendly.

The price of the stay was the best feature. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night's rest.

Good location to start sightseeing city.
    • Private Room with Two Beds

Very simple breakfast, the same every day. Toasts, jam, butter, boiled eggs, overripe bananas, juice, coffee and tea, milk, flakes, salt and pepper :)

good location

The location is amazing, the hostel is super clean, the...
    • Private Room with Two Beds

only wished they had an elivator and I hope they change the room arrangment so the drawers be between the two beds and the electric points be close to the users while they are in bed.

The location is amazing, the hostel is super clean, the staff are so friendly and helpful.

Dreadful check-in but nice rooms.

The hotel/booking.com lost our reservation. The checking in process was a nightmare. Took a long time after a transatlantic flight when all you want is food and bed. This was the only hotel we were not allowed to part payment our transaction. It was far too much trouble for the staff

Close to the airport. Easy access to freeway and not too far drive to restaurants. It was also quiet

Met expectations
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The toilets were not very clean, there was toilet paper on the ground; but maybe we were just not lucky. The room as such wasn't bad, but the neigbouring room is a dormitory room, when the group staying next door had nice fun at 2 a.m. - just laughing, no hard party, you could hear it and it disturbed sleep. But it is a hostel, so you should kinda expect that. We asked for checkout an hour later (12 instead of 11) but were refused - No way, we are full. I guess with some effort this could have been met (cleaning the room as the last one for example), but ok, we did not pay for it, so we did not get it.

the breakfast was rather ok (would appreciate peanut butter but otherwise fair), the location was really fine (short walk to the city centre, metro really near, restaurants nearby). The staff was helpful. In general, the place was the cheapest with reasonable rating in Chicago center for our stay and yes, I imagine we could stay there again unless we found anything better at the same price level = it met expectations, did not exceed them though.

This was a stop to make a travel connection. For that it worked.
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Would have been nice if the restaurant had opened earlier. I am an early riser. Perhaps something that you can eat on the go like apple, granola bars. Maybe some ☕ in a travel cup. Wish they had lockers that I could put my own lock on.

The shower had plenty of hot water. A nice mix of food for breakfast. I am a vegetarian so not always something to eat.

I totally recommend this place. Minor things could be done to improve the stay.

Squeaky stairs, shower room needs minor remodeling, breakfast should start a little earlier and include more than just bread, butter, milk, juice, and coffee. The mattress (overall comfortable) felt as if there was a plastic or rubber sheet underneath the bed linens. Cracked furniture.

The staff was super-nice and helpful. The room and amenities were clean.

Great location, friendly staff, basic room
    • Private Room with Two Beds

Bathroom facilities on our floor were 'out of order' so very inconvenient to have to go to another floor.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Was happy with the complimentary breakfast.Fantastic location near train and bus stations.

Great stay

It was expensive in comparison to similar places I've stayed but these were outside of America so it's all relative I guess.

The staff were so friendly, really chatty and helpful.

From Magdolna (Budapest)
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

This hostel is very well located, even me who can lost everywhere found it easily and the downtown is quite close to it. The owner is very kind and helpful. There are food shops and several restaurant nearby too :).

3 minute walk to subway station, has lots of restaurants and...
    • Private Room with Two Beds

only one urinal and one toilet in the men's washroom for the entire floor

3 minute walk to subway station, has lots of restaurants and convenience stores nearby

Quiet, comfortable, convenient and safe

Wifi is a bit weak from room, but still workable!

Staff and location are great. It is convenient to airport and downtown. Staff are warm and friendly! Rooms are comfortable and toilets are clean. Breakfast is basic but it is all you need for the start of the day!

Convenient location for where I had to be early in the...
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Lacked details other hostels in the area pay attention to. Place was kind of beat up like a college dorm.

Convenient location for where I had to be early in the morning

I was looking for a place to sleep and shower while I was in...
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

While getting out of the shower I stubbed my toe, the one next to the big toe (pointer toe?). It hurt, but the pain subsided after a couple of minutes. This has nothing to do with the facility's showers, just your old fashioned toe-stubbing. I just didn't like it when I stubbed my toe and the question asks "What didn't you like?"

I was looking for a place to sleep and shower while I was in the city for the weekend and, given the price per night I paid, this location met and exceeded my needs and expectations. Also, I didn't realize breakfast was included in the rate. So while I was just expecting a bed and a shower, I also got fed!

Great stay. Basic but adequate accommodations.
    • Private Room with Two Beds

We stayed on the 3rd floor. Our room had a large window, which was drafty and our room was a bit cold. (Chicago in early April...) and there was no thermostat to adjust heat. We left early Saturday morning for a race and we wanted to use the toaster in the kitchen since it was before the hostel breakfast hours began. The female staff person said we

The accommodations were basic but adequate, which is what I expect from a hostel. The male staff person was friendlier and more helpful than the female staff person. They will hold your luggage for you before you check in or after you've checked out for $2, which is super inexpensive and helpful. It is only a 10 minute walk from Union station.

The cleanliness of the room and the bathroom.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The breakfast starts 7:30. It is late if you put in your consideration that the guest has to go out for attending a conference or any business meetings.

The cleanliness of the room and the bathroom.

Good free basic breakfast, clean room and shared spaces and...
    • Private Room with Two Beds

I have been a couple of times and the last one there were some very rude and noisy guests who were shouting until 2 am. This is not really fault of the hostel but I wish they had a silence rule somewhere clearly written so that this could stop a little bit disrespectful guests.

Good free basic breakfast, clean room and shared spaces and very kind and helpfull staff.

It's a fair price, close to downtown.
    • Private Quadruple Room

One (of two) shower was out, and there was no soap. Bathroom doors make too much noise, not good if your dorm is too close.

It was an OK stay. It's nice to have a pub downstairs. The hostel is at a good location, not far from downtown or the blue line (to the loop or the airport).

Price for location.

Weird bedroom layout

Price for location. Basic room which is all we needed and near Union Station and a bunch of great restaurants and things to do nearby.

Fair Location and decent place for below 20yo
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Bad mattress and bedding quality. Not very considerably placed electric plugs in the the rooms. Wifi coverage was bad after the first floor. No functional entertainment system.

Kind staff and nice location. Decent breakfast I guess

I was there for a concert at the United Center.
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The room was like being in a cracker jack box! I was actually claustrophobic staying in the room we were assigned. It was so ungodly hot and there was no way to adjust the thermostat as there wasn't one in the room. No bathroom or shower in the room, you had community bathroom and showers which were down the hall. No tv's in the room either. The hallways smelled like pinesol cleaner. Free breakfast I guess was a perk if you like overly ripe bannanas and cold cereal. Do your homework....a few extra dollars on accomodations is well worth it!

The locarion was close to public transportation.

Decent place with nice places to eat and drink beside
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

The place could use an elevator to carry luggage to the top floor, the wifi signal could have been stronger and the floors less creakier.

Nice breakfast place just beside

Only short overnight stay
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Breakfast is served next door. It could be served in the beautiful lounge area where the rooms are. .

No elevator, but everything else was great. Only stayed overnight

The people that work there were ridiculously friendly and...
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Didn’t realize when booking there was going to be other people in the room. My ignorance. Great place if you don’t mind staying in the room with strangers.

The people that work there were ridiculously friendly and full of information.

Cheap hostel without any extras

- The wifi does not always work (on the 3rd floor) - It takes 5 minutes until hot water comes from the shower (on the 3rd floor) - No elevator

+ Cheap accomodation close to the downtown and subway + Basic breakfast included + Easy check-in even after midnight

Nice place with friendly staff

The wifi wasn't great and the men's shower was small with no hooks for towel or clothes near shower. Only a microwave and no laundry facilities.

Staff were friendly, double room was quiet and comfortable and the breakfast was good. Never had to queue for the toilet or shower. Good location for us as we enjoyed walking all over Chicago. There was a nearby metro too which we didn't use.

Nice location with quick downtown access and a short walk to cool restaurants and bars.

The breakfast was minimal to say the least. I think it could have been better by just putting out some cream cheese or peanut butter for the toast and some fruit or something. Maybe they did put it out but by the time we got there, there wasn't much at all. There was only one working shower and toilet for men on the second floor when we were there so it was a bit inconvenient in that sense but overall manageable.

The location was amazing and the connections to the blue line was a 2 min walk which is especially nice if you're carrying heavy bags to/from the airport. The staff was very friendly and our room was a decent size along with a comfy bed.

authentic, comfy and close to Union station
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

My only little dissapointment was that "salty version" of breakfast were just boiled eggs with toasts and butter. But this was perhaps due to that it was very few of us in the hostel due to off-season (shortly before Xmass). Should a cheapest type of cheese and ham be provided, my review would be 10/10. Price was good for the night booked ca. 8 weeks in advance, but a bit pricey for the second night booked at a very last moment (also if compared with some other Chicago hostels), however worth the money due to all that I liked in this hostel.

- "Chicago-authentic" and esthetic building in the Greek town - very friendly staff, - location just 7-10 mins walk to/from the Union station - large dorm with great lockers (own key needed), - free/cheap backpack storage after check-out. - a lot of restaurants around, from reasonably priced Chinese take-out to fine dining, - cleaned daily as in a hotel, - nice common living room with good looking kitchen (that I have not used) - 100 % orange juice (not from concentrate) a part of free breakfast

NO INTERNET WAS A NO GO
    • Private Room with Two Beds

There was no Internet available on the day I checked in and which was a huge concern for me since I was on a business strip and not able to connect to internet was not an option at all. I was not able to check and reply to my emails and other business activities online could not be completed on time.IDEALLY I SHOULD GET A FULL REFUND FOR THIS STAY

Price

Good place for one night stay if you are departing/arriving from Bus staion
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

the are is not the best and it's not so close from downtown, for that price you can get something closer. Good for one night stay

Close to Greyhound station, it looked clean overall

Great value
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The bathrooms were clean. There was mildew around the ceiling lights in the shower. One toilet seat was almost unuseable because it wasn't fastened on well.

The location was good near restaurants and close to Union station since I was traveling by train. The staff was very nice and you met interesting people.

clean, friendly staff, great location, and contained price ,,,particularly for location

there is not an elevator, but similar to buildings in Amsterdam, there really couldn't be one in this style of construction....really not a big deal.....a little exercise helps anyways

room was awesome but Katrina at the desk was the best...location awesome right in greek quarter,,,,bus, metro right there,,,,, plus great breakfast included at restaurant next door. highly reccomended

Not as nice or comfy as expected
    • Private Room with Two Beds

Beds weren’t comfy and they weren’t as nice as the site stayed. They could have atleast but a mirror I. The room so I didn’t need to do to the bathroom every time I needed one.

Loved the location!!! Close to the train and great food!!

A good choice overall for those, traveling on a budget.
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The rare negative feature of the hostel was its relatively weak wifi signal that kept meddling with my affairs. I could hardly send my conference presentations because of the unstable connection. Generally, it was a very fruitful stay in a fascinating city. The hostel does not offer any luxuries but lives up to your expectations. The windows of my room faced the wall, but it hardly bothered me. On the other hand, the quiet atmosphere and the location compensated for any drawbacks.

Very helpful staff was probably the best trait of the hostel overall. Everyone working there truly did their best to make my rather long stay as pleasant as possible: it was clean, quiet, and comfortable. I especially appreciated the selection of various Chicago maps in the corridor, access to a tea kettle and clean bathrooms.

The location is good
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

The room is quite small for two people and have large luggages.

The location is good Just 10 mins walk to Willis tower and close the metro station that you can go dorectly to the O’hare Airport

Chicago
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The bathroom was limited and not good The wifi was weak Loud noises from the corridor

Close to the subway Laundry was easy to use Many restaurants and markets around

Save your cash. Go to a real hotel. With showers and toilets.

Its a Hostel. Not a hotel so don't expect much. The room was a bed and a dresser. There weren't any stalls in the mens bathroom just a urinal. No showers. No Towels. Basically just a place to handle your private business and leave. Me and my partner aren't fancy, but we are that low end either. We stayed for an hour didn't even unpack our bags and found someplace else to go. So basically a waste of about $90.

The staff was certainly helpful during the check in process. That's literally about the extent of anything anyone would like regarding this property.

Staff were nice, room was cheap, and the facilities were as...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Pretty noisy due to bars etc. on street, bunk beds didn’t have individual lights/spaces for phones or glasses while sleeping

Staff were nice, room was cheap, and the facilities were as expected fora hostel.

Location, comfortable bed, the price
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The hostel was located right on top of a nightclub/bar so we could hear loud music until 4am. Stayed for 2 nights, wouldn’t have stayed longer at this hostel

Location, comfortable bed, the price

A good breakfast, kinldy staff, very favorable location.

Very ascetic room

A good breakfast, kinldy staff, very favorable location. There's very good pizzeria nearby with low prices and good choice. To each pizza some soup follows. Good place for a dinner. The Union Station whith Amtrak train is near that place with which you can go to train trip to the West.

A not so happy traveller
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Needs renovation No lift and the stairs are creeky Therz only one bathroom for the entire floor A part of ceiling seems like its going to fall

The location is excellent...thats about the only positive

Good location, noisy neighbors
    • Private Room with Two Beds

Loud dance music from club next door until 4 am. Hostel management offered change of room late in stay. Just beware! Lower floors hear the most of it.

Good location. Easy access to train and attractions. Good value.

We weren't looking forward to staying the night
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The rooms were below average as was the shared bathroom.

The woman at the front desk with the nose piercing was very nice and helpful. The location is very good as is parking.

Expensive for a hostel
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Music from bar downstairs reverberates into bedroom until 2:30am on a Friday/Saturday night making it nearly impossible to sleep

Location close to train station from airport and relatively close to downtown

A hostel for never visit again.
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

I arrived at noon and the bed assigned to me was not made and smelled as if a skunk just slept there. I requested to clean the bed and, when I went back (11 hours after requesting to clean it) it was exactly as I found it the firt time. And it was not the end. When I was living the hostel, there was just one of my two suitcases and nobody knew where was the second one. When it finally appeared I had to take my stuff out for demostrating it was mine.

I didn't like anything. The worst hostel you can deal with. Rooms and wall ways smell really bad and every one step on the stairs is really noisy.

Not greatest hotel but probably the cheapest
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

- the dorm room was right upstairs a bar and they have very loud dj music playing on Saturday nights until late (3 am). - bathroom lacks of privacy space (there is no changing room in the bathroom) and there are big moisture areas in the shower. - luggage storage is not free (2$)

- excellent location, very close to blue line metro and 10min walk from Willis Tower. Walking distance to bus and train stations. - safe neighborhood with bars, restaurants and grocery stores. - 8 bed dorm room with large space.

Clean, older building in a good location close to the Metro.
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The hardware on the door to the private rooms should be upgraded in my opinion. Felt my stuff was a little less than secure when I went out for dinner. Just a feeling. There's a keyless entry system to the building. Access to the guest rooms and facilities could be controlled if readers were added to all the private doors and tied to that same system.

It was easy to check in. Second time I've stayed there. Older, somewhat charming building. Comfy bed. Clean enough for an overnighter but otherwise nothing fancy.

• Private Room with Two Beds

We had this place because we saw that parking is available p sign in hotel’s page. But we realized that they have none. They suggested parking areas which is close to hostel.So we had to pay 30$ Per day for parking...

Nothing comes to my mind.

Not bad except the mold in the ceiling in the bathroom. Can't say enough about it.
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

There was mold in the bathroom ceiling and I told management which they made note of. The reason for the mold is poor ventilation from the ceiling fans not working properly. They need to address this problem. It is a serious issue. They need an HVAC fix.

The staff and location was fine but the cleanliness of the place wash a little off. The breakfast was very good. The location is convent.

Cheap and Central
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Most of the people working there were incredibly nice and helpful. The location was close to perfect. When I was in Chicago it was the cheapest hostel with n okay rating. 10/10 recommendation for people who don't need a lot to get comfortable.

The location was really nice!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Stairs. My room was located on the second floor and I was supposed to bring all my staff upstairs ( it was really heavy).

The location was really nice! Just 15 min walking from the center. It was tidy and clean. I came about at 10 and the person from reception allowed me to made a check in. And that's good that I didn't need to think about breakfast because it was included.

If you are use to staying at hostels you will enjoy it, if you need a 4 star hotel room then go away
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Nice place to stay, all the tenants or patrons of the hostel were well mannered and considerate of bed time hours. Quiet place to sleep at night and work in the commons area.

Great value, you can hear 5 dif. dialects/languages in one day.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Shower stall light fixtures. the soap and towel dispensers worked only 50%. Toilet seats flimsy and loose. Could use maybe "swap out" (fiberglass) shower fixtures that can be easily replaced when worn and old. Scrambled eggs in a warmer and whole wheat toast would have been good, it is mostly cereal, juice and coffee white toast GOOD coffee and real half n half all you want, hard cooked eggs. But whaddya want for free? Me just coffee n fruit.Maybe a pastry.

Staff super friendly housekeeping ultra efficient. This is a HOSTEL not a hotel. The downstairs pub has pretty good, fresh and hot food. The bakery cafe' two doors down has REALLY good brunch patio seating if you get there by 10ish(VERY reasonable $ as well). train station and bus routes two blocks away. Quiet depends on your roommates if you get a dorm.

Good location, kind employees
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Internet connection was not so good in the room.

I walked everywhere where I wanna go, from the hostel. Location of the hostel is really good. I liked the breakfast also. My room was pretty clean.

So loud...

See above. I should have looked ahead to avoid booking during a major street fair.

Cool neighborhood, walkable to lots of downtown (if you bring comfy shoes)... But as our room overlooked the street, it was REALLY loud - esp since there was a (admittedly fun) Greek street festival happening outside. We wanted the window open to avoid feeling overheated and stifled, but the noise was too much. Otherwise, the facility, staff, and location are great. Breakfast could have been better, since one of us has Celiac disease (it was very gluten-ful).

Good experience!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The staff was really nice, the place it's clean and really easy to reach. It's close to downtown Chicago and near the river walk and skydeck. I had a great stay!

Great value and great location!
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

First time to stay at a hostel, so I didn't expect much... Was pleasantly surprised at the value and friendly people--both staff and travelers.

Fantastic location. Very clean. Great continental breakfast.

Relaxing and enjoyable
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Wifi not everywhere in Hostel yet but upgrades to wifi in area happening. At least they have wifi in common area.

Staff and location near train station awesome. Friendly and outgoing.. hekoful!

Convenient.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Convenient. Basic, no frills. Good value. Within walking distance of Union Station; in Greek Town, close to nice restaurants. Nice breakfast the next morning, including hard cooked eggs.

I would not go back to this place.
    • Single Bed in Male Dormitory Room

1. The place is old. 2.The men bathrooms are dirty and disgusting. I would rather use a dive bar bathroom. 3. the wifi is not working.

The location near transportaions

The worse I have encountered in my history of hotel stays through Booking.com
    • Private Room with Two Beds

I was overcharged at $114.88 compared to $95 stated through Booking.com. My colleague came with me and booked directly through the hotel only paid $95. The air condition in my room did not work. When I asked front desk, they told me nothing can be done.

Location was good since it was close to down town Chicago

Good value and convenient location.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

One of the showers dripped from the ceiling, making it a little hard to dry off. Also, I would have preferred a lower bunk, but didn't request one. After the first time climbing up, it was easier. Breakfast was kind of mediocre, but it was nice that an inexpensive hostel offered it. Maybe mini doughnuts or bagels?

Everyone was very friendly, and I felt safe. Lots to do within walking distance, and close to the Blue line. I came for Beatlefest, up in Rosemont, so being near the Blue line was convenient. Also not far from the south Loop for those who like downtown and like to walk. No curfews or other restrictions on coming and going; the key fob buzzes you in.

Typical hostel life

There was no one available for our check-out and we had to leave eventually to catch our bus The towel had very dirty brown stains on it The interior looks like it is about to collapse

The neighbourhood is very nice and I suppose that for a hostel it's just ok.

Great location for anything but sleeping
    • Private Room with Two Beds

The only negative thing I have to say is that the beds were like sleeping on hardwood planks. Very uncomfortable and HARD to sleep on.

The location is fantastic as you are in the heart of Greek town surrounded by numerous Greek cafes. The place had 24-hour staff to deal with anything. The noise level around my room was minimal.

Basic but very convenient. I would stay here again.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

If you're in the top bunk closest to the door there's an air freshener that automatically sprays every once in awhile and it's basically directly on you. If you've got heavy luggage you'll be carrying it up stairs 'cause none of the rooms are on the ground floor. You can sometimes hear the music from the bar next door, but it wasn't loud enough to be really disruptive.

This was just a place to crash for me on the way in and out of Illinois- I spent just a few hours in the hostel each time... However, the staff were friendly and helpful. I was able to check in around 2am after a late flight, which was nice. The room was comfortable in terms of temperature and bedding. Breakfast was very basic but fine. The location was just what I needed- easy access to Union Station for heading south (about 10 min walk) and easy access to the Blue Line for heading to O'Hare (about 5 min walk). The bathroom was clean.

Clean little hostel in a great location.

Clean little hostel in a great location. The rooms were clean and the bed was actually really really comfortable! Great location but you'll need to find a ramp and pay for parking ($20/day). The staff was very friendly. Very basic breakfast, but the coffee was hot and it's better than nothing!

wasn´t the worst place but nothing special
    • Private Quadruple Room

looked like 2 of the 4 beds in our room hadn´t had the sheets changed-hair in bed. we had to take a room for 4 when we were only 3. with taxes and all we realized too late we probably could have gotten a decent hotel room for that money on the weekend, booking late.

we booked late and got a room