Reviews of The Westin Chicago River North 4 stars

320 North Dearborn Street, River North, Chicago, IL 60654, USA

#68 of 146 hotels in Chicago

The wifi was $14.95 per day. I ended up finding out my floor had complimentary wifi so I was refunded the money. Just a heads up for people staying on specific floors. The bathroom did not have a ventilation system that was working. It became very steamy and was not able to air out the room properly or efficiently.

Great location, their River Bar had a great view of the city but the service was very slow.

• Deluxe King Suite

I think the front desk could have been kinder with the check in process. I am 23 years old and had the deluxe king suite. They made me aware it is not for parties several times and I signed a contract. I had a couple other people at the front desk remind me of this and it felt like I was being treated a bit more like a child than a paying adult guest. Overall the experience was great and I enjoyed the hotel, just wish they would have been a little more friendly as I was excited to be staying here. I understand people come and take advantage, but I had never stayed here and was definitely not trying to do so.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

the room did not have a good city view and was on a very low floor. the staff was not helpful or accommodating while checking in and also I was charged a different price than what was on my reservation confirmation.

coffee was good and the room was clean. there was a nice shower and bathroom. The bed was comfortable and was also clean. the check out time was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor shower pressure. Fee for WiFi connection, had never seen that before. Thermostat in our room was broken so we had to use these knobs behind the wall... which was fine but our room would go from 80 to what felt like 40, there was no inbetween.

Excellent location. The fact we flew in at 8am, started our day on the east coast at 2am, and the Westin had our room ready so we could nap before seeing the city was amazing.

- room not made up until 5PM and cleaning lady had unfriendly attitude - alarm in room was left “on” by previous guest/staff and went off at 6AM

Comfortable bed and nice location. Also sushi bar is nice.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Car was to room without consent . Card was charged when I specifically said I wanted to pay cash . Room was small and no accommodations were made . I bought 2 rooms that were the same , yet I paid $100 more for one of the rooms . Staff were rude

Room decor

The extra service charge for room service, on top of tax and tip, was a little much. But perhaps we've just been spoiled in Asia.

Very comfortable bed. The air was very dry though. The room itself was ok, but the bathroom needs a bit of an update. Water pressure wasn't the greatest, and the toiletries where not so good. Location wise, was great. Walking distance to downtown and great eats all around.

Nothing so far

Perfect location to see the city. The hotel is comfortable, clean and spacious and excellent value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Love the location on the Chicago River. I liked the hotel before the Remodel. Dispointed no Christmas tree in the lobby. Bedding as always super comfy (I like Westin hotels). . I've stayed here many times and if the price is right will continue, however if your looking to walk into a hotel and get "wow" factor, this one is not for you.

• Luxury Suite

The bartender in the lobby could barely speak English and had a poor attitude because of it. He couldn’t understand what we were asking him. Bad resource to out in the central location for gathering. He needs to go.

The staff was fantastic, the valet staff was so attentive, the location is amazing, the luxury suite was relaxing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not having free WiFi was a bummer. Hotel required a payment of $14.95 every 24 hours.

The dual shower head system in the bathroom was quite fantastic.

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness of the facility was also great. We have stayed at the Westin a few times and will continue in the future.

• Deluxe King Room with River View

Booking.com said Wi-Fi was free in the room which I always check before booking. The staff insisted it was not so and I had to show them the email twice to convince them. It was very uncomfortable for me and inconvenient. Staff attitude not great. My in room order was messed up too though they did amend it.

Location and comfort

• Special Offer- Executive Club King Room

The beds were extremely firm and uncomfortable. I did not receive the requested extra towel or sheet that I mentioned in my booking appointment. Parking is expensive.

The location was nice and the staff were friendly.

• Special Offer- Executive Club King Room

Some of the staff were incompetent and surly.

Spacious room with great river view. Comfortable bed. Useful executive lounge facilities. Nice river terrace bar and in-house sushi restaurant. Fantastic location.

• Deluxe King Room with River View

Was offered a bottle of champagne & strawberries on check in for my birthday celebration & was not delivered. Had to call next morning & then it was delivered

Staff was friendly

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Getting the wrong key to check in the key they gave us was somebody else's room, and spoiled coffee creamer not fun getting dressed to go downstairs and get a cuppa coffee

What I really hate is that, for the amount of money spent for this hotel, there's no reason why all guest shouldn't get FREE WiFi in their rooms. Totally unacceptable to have to pay extra or inconveniently have to come out of your room to the business center. Parking has always been known to be expensive downtown Chicago. However, as a guestnis should not be $70/day. THAT'S RIDICULOUS!

The person in charge of watching our luggage seemed very unorganized, and inconvenienced by our requests. Somewhat "aloof". Also, despite turning the temperature down to the minimum setting, and the fam to "high", our room was very muggy and never cooled off to a comfortable level, especially for sleeping.

The bed was wonderful, and the room was very clean. The housekeeping staff did a great job at restocking our water, and making us feel pampered. Most of the staff was great.

Water pressure in the shower could have been better, but it's a very nice place and I'll come back for sure

The gym was fantastic! The peloton bikes were a huge plus, I may actually buy one!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Special Offer- Executive Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room discription was aweful. I had booked a exutive club double room and I was told it was a large room with a separate bedroom. However, when I called to confirm my reservation I was told it was a regular room slightly larger than a ordinary room. Therefor I had to upgrade to a suite witch was very nice but substantialy more expensive.

Loved the location was very nice

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with River View

Expected free wifi to be available in the rooms. First hotel I have stayed in without this. For the price of our stay wifi should have been available complimentary in our room. Security should have monitored the corridors of the hotel on New Year's Eve - drunk residents with violent outbursts outside our room.

Room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

The bar was deathly quiet but that is probably due to the holidays. $5 for ice tea at reception was way too expensive, but how can I complain after the minimum room cost?

The price! $75 per night over the Christmas holiday. Perfectly comfortable, quiet, clean room with a reasonably, decent view onto the river. A steal at twice the price......thanks to booking.com

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Bell staff who held the bags on the day we left were rude...and not helpful...they made us wait 20 minutes to get our bags and we had to rush to the train station.

Beds were wonderful!! The room was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The toilet was wobbly, the 5v 2 amp desk light usb didn't work, the air in the room was extremely dry causing to run the shower for hours at a time to put moisture in the air, the drain in the tub was clogged full of hair. Overall experience was not great at all. Also they charged 14.95 to use the internet. Crazy!!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with City View

Attitude of staff.. our flight was delayed so we checked in late to find that the hotel had oversold the rooms so actually spent the 1st night in a 3 star sister hotel on an inflatable bed.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

The wifi is very expensive. It should have been free for what we paid for the room-- including the executive level.

Staff were very accommodating; rooms were very clean; love the shampoo & conditioner

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Everything was so good!! None!

Everything! Oh my! What a view! Staff was wonderful, Bed pillow soft!! Food delicious! Access to so much! Perfect stay!! Next time I plan on coming with my husband so he can experience this wonderful place! He is a big Cub fan! He will love the Westin Inn North Chicago too!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with River View

Cable TV service completely inadequate. Could not watch any of the major sporting events we wanted to see. Fox Sports & Big 10 Network not part of cable service; ABC channel broken (according to hotel service people). Motel 6 probably has better cable service. Also, at these daily rates, charging extra for internet service is an insult.

Bellman and front desk staff very nice. Room comfortable, clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Reception area could do with being a little brighter during the day as felt gloomy

Good business hotel. Nice bar and terrace area on the river. Breakfast nice and not forced to have an expensive set price or buffet like many hotels.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a incident in the middle of the night in which two men knocked on our door stating that they were from reception and insisting that they come into our room. They had no hotel affiliation; and we called the front desk who called security. Security did come and check the hallway which was good, however this was a frightening experience and we had difficulty getting back to sleep afterwards. We had the sense that the staff did not take this seriously enough. Perhaps requiring a room key to use the elevators may have prevented this incident. Some compensation for a poor night sleep would have been appreciated, but none was offered.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The only thing that makes me upset is the rate for car parking 70 dollars crazy but i went with it still a great place

The hotel was wonderful the rooms very roomy the view fantastic 15th floor

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with River View

Bathroom fixtures and bathroom door knobs were chipping. Toilet flushes slow. Bathroom door didn't close properly nor could you successfully lock it. No poop fan in bathroom. Bathroom is also not soundproof...

Convenient location. Comfy bed. River view was a bargain.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Luxury Suite

The children would have preferred a bigger sofa bed, but in fairness the sofa was normal size....

Everything about this hotel was great, location, comfort and service and we have paid similar rates at plenty hotels that were nowhere near this level. Luxury as it should be, we did stay in a suite for 4!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The $3 bag of chips. Room service was over priced.

The baggage clerk was so helpful. He gave us tips on how to get to the Navy Pier for free. Also the concierge was very helpful. We asked was there any clubs around us she gave us the ones that was less in price other than the 1500 club that was around the corner from our hotel. I loved it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Efficient staff, comfortable room, wonderful location for us!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Complimentary continental breakfast Or Just Free Coffee!

Proximity to pubs, restaurants

Smoothy was pretty small for the price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unbelievable that up today the internet is not free. Something I am not able to believe.

The room is nice and well furnished

No free internet or complimentary coffee

Bed was comfortable

• Deluxe King Room with River View

I was hoping to get a room a bit higher than the sixth floor.

The bedding was amazing. I couldn't get up in time for check out.

No pool or hot tub

Room was clean and looked updated

$70 parking

Very clean, quiet and comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was quite pricey so didn't order it. Went opposite to Yolk to eat instead

Lovely hotel. Good location. Amazing beds!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was $30 per person. Coffee was not supplied to our table and the wait for the buffet to be refilled was too long

Excellent accomodation

VERY EXPENSIVE BREAKFAST; NOISY AIR CONDITIONNING;

check in& out

All good

There was a $15 charge to access internet.

Hotel was clean and our room was spacious. Staff had us in a room asap, even though we arrived early.

Location in Downtown directly, 5mins to transport CTA, stunning views

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast quality was not good.

Room was quite big and spacious with nice river view.

Elevators..

The location!! The river exit/bar

No complaints

The privacy was amazing I was very satisfied.

• Deluxe King Room with River View

nothing- it was all great Except that I was charged $14.95 for Internet that I didn't use.

the view of the river and the style of the room

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

No issues

Staff were great & very helpful 🙂

• Special Offer- Executive Club King Room

The bathroom was beautiful and had a lighted makeup mirror

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room with River View

The long line to check in

The view, the location, the bed was comfortable

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Room was on point with cleanliness

The hotel price

Riverwalk

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Possibly lower parking rates,

Excellent customer service

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Location, cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Hotel room had stray hairs and elevators were very dark and creepy

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Valet service was poor. Car took 1/2 hour to arrive and showed up with interior covered in mud.

Room and restaurant were great!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Price of parking overnight

Very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Parking

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

concierge could have been more helpful with dinner ideas.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

the bed was a dream

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with City View

The valet.

The staff was super helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Estacionamiento muy caro

Ubicación. Cuartos

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

everything was great

Great location by the river, friendly staff, very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Special Offer- Executive Club King Room

Beds extremely comfortable, beautiful line and fluffy towels. Block out curtains - really convenient location.