Reviews of Chula Vista Resort 3 stars

2501 River Road Highway 13 North, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965, USA

#26 of 43 hotels in Wisconsin Dells

Fine for a couple of days if it was $200 less a night.
    • Queen Junior Suite

Check in was unfriendly from the start. Vouchers to a Time Share meeting within 10 min too of check in, a real downer.

Water park was close by. Restaurant was nice. Gym was nice.

Not Bad, Just a Little Dated
    • Queen Junior Suite

One bed was broken and when I needed to use the pull out couch for my son, I had to actually make the bed myself. When I pay 600 dollars + for a two night stay, the last thing I want to do is to make beds. The staff is friendly, and the water park is not bad, although the whole place seems outdated. The shower curtains look like the haven’t been changed since the 80s, though they are quite clean. I think they must have updated a few things such as the bathroom tiles and vanity, since they are clean, which is a definite bonus anywhere. Overall, this isn’t a bad place to take your family for a less expensive and less busy version of a water park for a first time visit. If you’re used to more diverse water slides and entertainment, and if you are unwilling to sacrifice the luxury for a few bucks, you might want a different option.

I really like the location. It is within the Dells, but it’s not as crowded as some other places. There is an indoor as well as a few outdoor components, a conference center, an arcade, a 4D theater, a nearby adventure course, golf and a Dells Speedboat type tour that leaves right from the adjoining dock in case you don’t want to go into town to get on an Upper Dells boat tour. If you stay in the hotel, the river side rooms have a beautiful view.

Wrong room, no management response!
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Be careful when booking here. We booked a room ( The Villas ) with pictures that were shown in the advertisement, and when we were checked in we got a different room!!!. We brought this to staffs attention, but they never responded. The only response we got was as we were checking out. Some of the problems with the room that we were given, was the sink was so small you couldn't even get a large pot in there to clean it. Further, the refrigerator that we had was so small you couldn't hold enough supplies for the three days. We had to run to the grocery store twice. Also, the screen door was missing and the Villa porch was dirty and full of bird "feces" all over the chairs and tables. There was no way to enjoy the porch. The impact overall on our trip was not good. We were staying in a dirty, dated facility that did not meet our needs.

The view was very nice and the facility was quiet.

Not worth the price! Won’t come back....:(
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

No towels in room, no linen for sofa bed, ants in room, hot tub outside golf pool area Luke warm, beds hard, small sink can’t fit a pan in to wash, slider door near impossible to open, no cancellation policy and no one else can check in for your party, late check in, early check out,

Water park indoor and outdoor are great! Life jackets and towels providedat the park. Shuttle to water park and the Tavern was nice with friendly drivers.

Chula Vista.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

We stayed in a Golf Villa studio and quite enjoyed the quietness.

The person at the registration desk could have been more friendly. Maybe she was having a bad day

Ok

Spa service... always full

It was a nice staying at Chula Vista, room wasn't 100% Clem but It was clean, employee's not bad, restaurant always full but you don't wait that much, also is worthy food is good, and spa service always full, that was one of the frustration but si far it was a good trip

10:30 check out 👎
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

It was to early check out!! 10:30 It’s vacation time, I want to sleep and I didn’t because the check out time!! It’s the reason I don’t go any more 👎

Very nice views 💕

Not the worst.
    • Queen Junior Suite

I wasn’t informed about the breakfast, it was far from the dells and I had to make my own parking spot in the far back end because literally every single spot was taken.

The hot tub in the back of the hotel.

It was all right, but for the price I expected better.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Staff at checkin was not friendly or welcome (Native American (?) woman.) Location is like literally the middle of nowhere. Parking lots are a clusterfuck and not laid out well. Room was difficult to find because there were no direct streets to it, you could only get there by cutting through parkinglots in the dark LOL

We stayed in a Villa room instead of the main hotel. Kitchen addition was great.

Fun but expensive.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Prices of everything was expensive. The waterpark and arcade closed way too early on a Saturday. Check out was too early.

Check in staff was wonderful

Poor services by managers!! Couldn't even face the upset customers
    • Double Queen

Poor communication with customers by managers! We didn't get in our room until7:30 pm and the managers wouldn't face all the upset customers nor did they show any accommodations for the inconvenience!! Will never go back😡

unclean, not comfortable, not pleasant for amount of money I spent
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

the bed had a big dip in it. the room was dirty. couldn't check in on time because they were still cleaning it but when enter it was still dirty. the water park attended was rude. I can go on and on. for 700 you would expect better service. we ask hours keeping clean the room and they never came. all we got was excuses. manger didnt offer us nothing for are uncomfortable stay

Very nice view of river from deck
    • Queen Junior Suite

Beds are lumpy. Pillows flat. Asked for sheets for pullout bed and 2extra towels. They never came. Disappointed. Kitchen not as described in photo. Paid for

Very nice view of river from deck

A good way to celebrate our anniversary and get something off our "bucket list."
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

The bathroom in our suite left a lot to be desired in my opinion. If a small child needed help or if you are a large person it would be awkwardly small. We were there during the off-season but if I had been paying full rates I would have been upset with the rough and thin towels.

The staff were extra pleasant and supportive throughout our visit. For resort food it was surprisingly reasonably priced. The indoor waterpark was fun, even for a non-swimmer like myself and there were other things to be done if you were there during the right hours.

Chula vista was very relaxing
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Maybe a hot tub for the back villas that's far away from everything. Other than that nothing

We loved our villa it was very clean and comfortable. We loved the water park as well.

frustrating...but water slides were fun
    • Queen Junior Suite

No not water for my bath 2 times. evidently you should not take a bath at 4 pm or at 10pm. the hotel is not designed to handle the water demand. I sat there for 30 min in 4 inches of like warm water waiting for my tub to get hot. ended up getting out and calling. no hot water till almost an hour later.

the water slides

Kids had a great time, room could use some cleanup prior to arrival. Shuttle man very frieidn't wor
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Our room was dirty on check in, we didn't have any dish rags or soap in the kitchen and the pan in the oven was full of food.

The room if the villa.

The water park and the rest of the resort is nice, however...
    • Double Queen

The water park and the rest of the resort is nice, however the rooms were outdated,run down, and very uncomfortable. Shower didn’t work well, no soaps, and the rooms were small, beds felt like I was sleeping on just springs Wouldn’t stay there again! I would only use the watermark if I went again.

The one chef went and got fresh cilantro for our omelette the
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

The fact there was no bathroom attendant for the swimming pool locker room. It needed it badly

The one chef went and got fresh cilantro for our omelette the

The last time I will ever visit Chula Vista
    • Queen Junior Suite

The room was old and dirty. Biggest issue was the "heating unit" had the outside 15 degree cold weather blowing in around the seams. I asked to be changed to another room as I had 2 four year olds and my 8 year old niece who would be sleeping close to that area. They tried to move us 2 doors down but the exact same dirty, gross room and and exact issue with the heater. I did talk with the front desk and ask to pay for an upgraded room but was told because I booked through booking.com I was not allowed to do so. The maintenance crew came and duct taped the unit. It helped a little, but not much. Also, the patio door was blowing ice cold air into the room. We had to blast to heater to keep some warmth and it became painfully hot in there. If we turned the unit off it got super cold. So annoying. An outlet in the room was scotch taped on the wall. The bathroom was really gross and for a water park they had no accommodations to help with wet suits. We had to lay them all over the dirty, gross tub. The water park was also very cold. I realize it was cold outside, but after 15 minutes our two young boys teeth were chattering and blue lips. Ridiculous. Everything there was very expensive. $50 breakfast for me and my 2 young sons. Outrageous. Starbucks onsite but I had 3 coffees and they were all awful. I was so happy to leave Chula Vista after this awful visit.

I enjoyed leaving. This was the worst experience at a hotel waterpark we have ever had.

great price for the water park and the room was "okay" food was good and the buffet wasn't overprice
    • Double Queen

the rooms weren't that great bathrooms had flies and the dispensers for soap made it feel like we were in a prison verse a nice resort, plus the staff bad mouthing a guest in front of us wasn't nice made me wonder if they said anything about me

the indoor water park is excellent and over comes a lot of negatives else where and the price this time was unbeatable for that resort, plus the DVD player in the room was great

Kids had a good time
    • Double Queen

The walls were paper thin. Other guests felt like they were right in our room. Also signed up for junior suite with couch. Room had no couch.

The refrigerator

It was average, I would rather have been at the main building then off at a villa location.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

It was complicated to figure out where our villa was at night. Also if you want to go the water park, they didn't talk about any shuttle options to us checking in, but we did see one when we left. Also the pool snack shop closed at 8pm, would have nice if that was open later since the pool is open until 10pm on weekend nights.

Water park is small compared to the others in the Dells. Most likely would not return.
    • Double Queen

We left the water park early because the lifeguard sent an adult woman down the mat slide right after my 6 year old, which knocked him down causing a significant blow to the head. We were in the 2nd to last room on the first floor which caused us to walk through the bar area to get to the water park, which isn’t a big deal but my young boys had to listen to a very loud belligerent woman in lobby area by bar. Room was clean except mound of boogers on the wall above the toilet paper holder.

Relaxing stay in the dells, decent price.
    • Queen Junior Suite

The rooms were very basic. Clean, ok. Beds were not super comfortable, not enough chairs considering the size of the room. Instead of regular shampoo/conditioner, they have bulk dispensers, the shampoo smelled and had the consistency of rubbing alcohol! Plan to bring your own shampoo!

Fun waterpark! Cozy resort, with gift shops, game room, restaurants, pretty much what you'd expect. In a very scenic area of the Dells - we went there in the fall and the views were gorgeous! I would recommend this as a moderately priced resort/waterpark to take family and friends. (Especially compared to others in the area, pricewise!) Also, the staff were very helpful and friendly!

Awful disaster at frist sight
    • Double Queen

Nothing I liked there Yes the stay was awful the front desk customer services at arrival no one was there felt like going into no land waited a while than started to call out "excuse me " the lady behind the desk seemed to not want to check me in pushed me to the other lady that just walked in that lady was not friendly at all just took my money 💰 and I had questions gave me my receipt and told me to go drew a circle on map that she supplied after me agreeing with her that you seem to be very rude and if you don't want to help me please bring me someone that will .. I don't know if it was our last name or whAt .. the lady and facility were not cuortisy and pushed me to go to main check in on other side .. she didn't care and said if I had problem deal with management and when talking to management she was not helpful and told me since it was Booked through third party she will charge me 100 dollars more a night to accommodate my accommodation that I requested .. and told me take it up with booking .com .. after all that tried to make best of it the room air unit had seal cold air was flowing through our room .. the water park most of the attractions were out of order and on top of that the kiddy area had construction 🔨 with pipe about over 25 feet high and men with helmets and metal pools working on top of the kids .. I couldn't believe it the doors were open so the area was so cold the water was freezing and no one seemed to care we had to leave the stay was awful the customer services was awful everything they said they had pretty much was not working and breakfast facility in there restaurant was flies I just couldn't believe it painters in hall way chipping paint and the smell so strong off the scrapping doors near our room ...

Will never stay again.
    • Double Queen

Huge wasp problem, couldnt enjoy our balcony room, dead wasps in out door pool. Water park was to far from room. Broken appliances. Arrived at 3pm, they never sent me a text that my room was ready walked around for an hour and a half till check in.

Tv and beds

they lost one of our reservations but then found it, units were oldest, seemed like because it was t
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

mold in the bathroom, our unit seemed to be the oldest. When asked if we could stay on next level, they said no they said h others were already occupied. That turned out not to be true. Dishes and cooking utensils like saucepans were missing, no forks in one unit, no spoons in other. Heat, when it came on sounded like a train! The patio door was stuck. We were told the units would be next to each other but they were not. Overall the gold villas needed maintenance in both of our units.

Beds were comfortable. They initially lost one of my reservations, after that was resoved, check in went fast.

Very nice as we have come to expect.
    • Double Queen

We have only eaten at the lobby restaurant two times , the reason being that we had 4 kids menu meals and a sandwich and the bill was 70+ I had a better meal by the same restaurant and the bill was substantially less when I sat at the bar. The restaurant places a service charge on the tab the bar does not. We have always been very generous tippers and I was very frustrated by this charge. Needless to say We chose not to leave a tip due to this high charge. Would have left more without . Left several tips to the bartender.

We have been staying on the property for 7 consecutive years and have always had very nice accommodations. clean, comfortable and easy to get around. Our favorite rooms are the condos but the regular rooms are also very nice. Staff is always very friendly and helpful.

Great little resort.
    • Double Queen

Wave pool was disappointing. Definitely more things for smaller kids here it seemed.

Great little resort. We chose to stay here while we experienced the Dells. The water park was the best in the area and allowed us to avoid the chaos of Noah's Arch. Even the adults loved the water park, gave us the opportunity to be kids again. Everything is very safe and protected, life guards were diligent enough that we felt safe to leave our 11 and 14 year old long enough to enjoy a massage at the spa.

Our room was not one bit accessible and my boyfriend is...
    • Double Queen

Our room was not one bit accessible and my boyfriend is paralyzed. He couldn't use the shower, go into the bathroom, and also NONE of the chairs to get into the pool for wheelchair bound people worked. Extremely dissatisfied and disappointed. Worst dells trip ever :( Going with the Wilderness from now on.

The property is close to downtown.
    • Double Queen

We booked a junior suite and were given a regular room. After having to change rooms the new room had a bad food smell.

The property is close to downtown. Wasn't too crowded.

Good place to stay with kids, but don't eat there. Upgrade to Condo so you can have your own food.
    • Double Queen

No sofa chairs or couch. poor use of space, could have been more places to set luggage upon. Bath room fan vent cover was falling out of ceiling. Room 3312. $3 for glass of water at Market Deli, give me a break.

Wasn't over crowded, walk thru facility indoors. Waterparks were setup for all ranges of experience and ages. Liked room with balcony outside. Tv was great with three channels for kids.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Questionable.

My room was dirty. The first room I was in had bugs on the mattress, the phone didn't work and when I found an employee of the hotel and explain to them the situation, their response to me was to call the front desk. I said I can't because my phone doesn't work. Long story short to get some help, I had to knock on the door of another guest ( who I didn't know) and ask them to call the front desk because I had dead bugs on my bed.

The location was beautiful. The children's lazy river .

Dirty rooms very uncomfortable beds very poor costumer...
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Dirty rooms very uncomfortable beds very poor costumer service rough management I wouldn't ever comeback I will let my relatives and friends know

Would have been a great experience if we would have received the correct rooms.

2 of the rooms booked were the wrong rooms. The hotel said since I booked it through booking.com, the hotel manager said they could not help me. Some of our kids had to sleep on the floor.

Water park

Ok to visit as a day visitor but wouldn't stay again.
    • Double Queen

The room was 'very tired' looking and not what we expected for the money. The beds were ok if you like a firm mattress. Happy to leave and found better accommodation in a better location for a better price!

The kids really enjoyed the water slides which they said were better than most they had been on elsewhere.

Over all a nice stay.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

We booked a double queen room with a sofa bed and had a room with two full beds and a sofa bed.

The water park wasn't crowded and I felt comfortable letting my two boys (age 6 & 10) just run off and have fun while my wife and I lounged near the lazy river.

Wonderful vacation
    • Double Queen

I didn't really have any problems with property. We really enjoyed our stay.

I loved the location. Being nestled into the Dell's and so close to the river. Also enjoying seeing the wildlife.

Will not recommend your resort
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

1st room 7102 stinked no extra bedding which we requested online, 2nd room 7121 better but keys programmed wrong 1st time. Charged for Club invitation but never attended because outside slide burned a whole through mom's swimsuit which caused a blister. We were in the room caring for her. Very disappointed from arrival to departure

Ny visit to chula vista!!!
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Not enough attractions and such a small water park and expensive. They have shuttle buses and they suck called to pick me and my party up and waited for a while never showed up so ended up walking and they have an older lady driving yhe shuttle i seen once we have walked to the water park , she was on her phone fping nothing. Bad bad service with shuttles. Honestly i wouldn't go back to chula vista not enough to do so little and expensive.

The room i was in was great.

Would not recommend for teenagers
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

We brought our 16 and 18 year old children with us. Pool depth is 3 ft this resort is for families with children 12 and under not good for families with teenagers. We paid a lot of money and the kids were not impressed.

Hot tub outside golf villas. Food and staff at Tavern resteraunt was very good.

water park for the kids
    • Double Queen

During checking I was giving a different room than what I had booked. my first night with kids was horrible. The room was dirty . The coffe maker was not cleaned and old. I was disappointed with the stay. I would stayed at a $60 dollar hotel and had the same room .

water park for the kids

Would stay again!
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Rented a villa And lived having a little kitchenette and fridge for meals while on vacation. The kids (ages 6,7,8) enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor waterparks. Wavepool area is nestled in the trees with a view of the river!

Family water fun!
    • Double Queen

Bathrooms need to be looked at for safety. Tubs are too sliperry. Need no slip pads. My father slipped in tub while showering and trying to get out

Water park had enough areas for toddlers and big kids.

It was awesome all the kids we had with us had a blast.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

They gave me a 150 voucher we asked the lady who was repsonsible to handle the vouchers and answer our questions she was rude anr she was asking about our income and we didn't meet qualifications according to her I was dissapointed because i wanted to know more about the CLUB but she turned us away. That should not be the case at least they could have let us listen in and receive some vouchers seeing that we were guest as was all the other guest who were not turned away anf she was rude about it. It was a little embarrassing and kind of a let down on that end of things.

Concierge checking us in were very professional they answered all my questions and they made sure to accommodate all my needs.

Ok

I really don't like the restaurant and all food I think the breakfast buffet was por they need mor variety and on diner was expensive and only fast food

I love the water park and rooms

I would definitely come back

The food selection was so so.

I loved that the resort had so many included amenities like the various water areas! I loved the family lazy river with the mini slide for my 3 year old. It was very safe and he cried everytime we left a water area because he didn't want it to end. The indoor water park was really safe as well. I wasn't comfortable with him on the bigger slides but he did not seem to mind because there was still a big area to play safely. It was no more than 1 to 2 feet in a very generous part of the water park. That was more than enough room for parents to get in and splash around even with smaller babies and spread out.

Overall comparing to other resorts this place is nice
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

It's expensive,I thought we will have balcony ,but we didnt.The hair dryer didn't work,Wi-Fi was on and off.The phone didn't work .also door was not closing ,we had to call maintenance at around 11pm.

Location is great ,away from main traffic.

Price to high for their outdated villas
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Villas are outdated, dirty carpets we had to keep our shoes on at all times, dirty towels, good thing we has our own pillows, uncomfortable beds, we requested a quiet rooms, however they gave us the most noisy room I've been ever! It was just across maintenance room, just around the elevators and laundry room!

Waterpark and friendly staff specially cleaning ladies.

Expect the very least.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

I didn't like that a 220 volt air conditioner cord was taped together lying on the ground. I didn't like the track lighting was hanging off the ceiling. I didn't like the mold and mildew in the shower. I didn't like the patio door took 2 grown men to open. I didn't like the floor was missing a few boards.

The water park was fun.

Relaxing girls trip
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Our golf course view wasn't a very good view, looks like they are doing some work on it.

The room was very good size, not super busy in the waterpark so still relaxing.

I really like most of everything just the parking it was a...
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

I really like most of everything just the parking it was a little crowded but I guess was more for the Hallyday... beside that... it was good and I'm sure We will be back

The view was nice

I didn't like the way we were treated at Kaminskis restaurant.I was celebrating my 50th birthday and our server Juana never came back we left what a disappointment.

The view was nice

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

SLAVERY
    • Double Queen

I WAS TO HAVE A ROOM WITH A BALCONY AND KITCHEN. THEY PUT ME IN THE LOWER CLASS ROOMS. HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO GET THE ROOM I WANTED. THE PROBLEM IS WE FOLLOWED THESE KIDS THAT WORK THERE DOWN TO WHERE THEY ARE PUT UP IN THEIR ROOMS. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN MORE APPALLED AND DISCUSSED I THOUGHT SLAVERY WAS ILLEGAL. THESE KIDS ARE PUT IN A DUMP!!! SINCE WE GO THERE 4 TO 6 TIMES A YEAR AND ALWAYS STAY THERE. I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM ONE PENNY MORE OF MY MONEY! SHAME ON THE CEOS THAT USE THESE KIDS. I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO CONTACT ANYONE I CAN TO SEE HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS. I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE A RIGHT AT THE WATERPARK GO PAST THE CONDOS ON THE RIGHT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. I DONT BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD BEABLE TO SLEEP AFTER THEY SEE WHAT THESE KIDS HAVE TO STAY IN!!! I WANT THE BOARD OF HEALTH TO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME.. TRUST ME I USE CHULA VISITA EVER AGAIN. AND A PROMISE OVERTIME IM IN THE DELLS I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO SEE IF THEY HAVE CLEANED UP. DUMP MAKES IT SOUND NICE CINDY ADAMS

FUN RELAXING FAMILY TIME
    • Double Queen

long walk from the north tower to the water parks NO MONITORING ON THE LAZY RIVER SMALL CHIDLREN GOING BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AND RUNNING INTO YOU WITHOUT ANY TUBES WHICH TAKE AWAY FROM THE PURPOSE TRYING TO UNWIND AND RELAX Not impressed with the downtown .

spacious clean room beautiful park like setting overlooking the wisconson river

Shuttle bus from bus station good. Dump your concierge!
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

The concierge told me I did not qualify to see their timeshare presentation because my income was too low. I had done presentation three years earlier when income was less. Concierge also told me I needed a husband for additional source of income..not my disabled adult daughter. This was our 15th time at Chula in 19 years. I was so insulted, I will not return

Our room was lovely with full sized kitchen

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Try some place else
    • Double Queen

Too far from other restaurants. Facilities shut down with loss of electricity. Slow to get up and running at time posted. No lifeguards in several of the areas. Extras all were very costly.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Family fun in a quiet setting off the main strip.

the elevator in the north wing was slow. we took the stairs on several occasions. need a hand towel rack next to sink outside of the bathroom. wave pool was not quite as exciting as it was described and did not work on my first day there.

in general the food was better than I expected. The delivery of pizza was quick warm and tasty. the view from our rom was very nice with the outdoor balcony and wooded setting. Bed was comfortable but pillows very subpar. lots of slides at different levels. Several areas for young children to play. They did seem to be having fun.

Eat before 9p...
    • Double Queen

They stop serving food at 9 - 10p. Not very smart for a location that is 5-10 miles from other food sources. After 9p the place becomes a food desert, can't even order a pizza in the bar. If you have been drinking, you either need to order Domino's, hit the vending machine, or drive/ride into town. For this reason alone, I will not be back voluntarily.

Clean, friendly staff. Steak house is great (when it is open).

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Beds were very uncomfortable , deck was dirty, bird crap all over cigarettes asked for it to be cleaned twice nothing was done about it. We were very disappointed we did get to sit out there and enjoy the weather.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Disappointing first time at Chula Vista
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

I don't even know where to start, should I mention the pet hair all over the room, the terrible stench on the balcony that was full of bird poop or the fact that the outside water park closes on hot days as early as 4pm? We were given a room in one of the golf villas and as it was pretty dark in the room, didn't notice all the pet hair at beginning, but called the front desk as soon as we did (white,thick, most likely dog hair was all over the bed covers) Front desk sent in housekeeping and they changed the bed sheets right away. A close look around afterwards made it clear that the place was not cleaned up after who ever stayed there before, the hair was all over the floor,the couch, bathroom,everywhere. The next day we slept in, wanted to open the balcony door for some fresh air but the smell was terrible, someone needs to power wash the entire side overlooking the golf course because it's full of bird poop and it's all day in the sun which makes it even worse. The outdoor area of the water park closed at 4pm, even though it was a hot day. I wish they would have told us that 5 minutes before when we purchased some overpriced drinks to enjoy while catching some more rays.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I'll never book Chula Vista again.

If some one cooks BBQ your room gets full of smoke due to the AC unit. Water park was not appealing. The beds are so uncomfortable. There wifi is practically nothing. I understand it's a vacation and shouldn't be needed wifi but sometimes it's needed.

The scenery

Family birthday party
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

The beds was a little bit hard and it was hard to find the property. The shutter drive the old man was driving and hit brakes hard and we all went to the front of the bus

The property had everything we needed and more. The food was delicious but could have been a little bit cheaper.

Not worth the money and DO NOT attend the time share presentation. This is NOT a property you want.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Very dirty property. dead bolt on door was broke, I reported at the very beginning of stay for 3 days and it was never replaced. People were smoking next door and the whole 2 nd floor smelled like smoke. Patio chairs were in the pond behind our room. Water park is small, out of date and not clean.

Indoor waterpark is good.
    • Double Queen

Outdated room and appliances + Our room was not made until 6pm. I actually had to call front desk and complain. Only then they sent a maid. But earlier that day, we saw the housekeeping crew making the room next door when we were leaving for the waterpark. And I specifically pointed out to them that we would be gone for the day and the room was ready for them.

Indoor waterpark is good. Picturesque location. Good food in the lobby's restaurant.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Meh.
    • Queen Junior Suite

The indoor waterpark is really substandard for the Dells, and the pricing is scandalous. Plus I did not see a single elevator work during our entire stay.

We stayed at the Chula Vista for a soccer tournament held at the Woodside sports complex. It's close to the sports complex. That's about it in terms of pros.

Spring Break
    • Double Queen

We were in the building furthest from the Waterpark. We had to walk (in our swim suits) past a restaurant, spa, shop and through a conference center. One day, the conference center had vendors with tables set up in the hall soliciting their products to everyone walking by. It was very uncomfortable.

The Waterpark was great!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Listed as 1 bedroom suite which was actually a standard...
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Hotel room description scam and lifeguard staff was a joke. They were over-controlling and understaffed.

Listed as 1 bedroom suite which was actually a standard hotel room (2 queens and a pullout couch).

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Good room...bad waterpark experience.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

We could not really enjoy the waterpark because it was over crowded and understaffed. My son and i flipped in the the pool and the life guard could have cared less. If i wanted to just be comfortable in a room i would have stayed closer to home. The website made no mention that the rollercoaster water ride was broke either. It was also not very friendly to someone in a with a walker. I will not be coming back.

The room was wonderful. Enjoyed having a microwave..decent size fridge...and stove to feed the family.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Could have been a tad bit more accommodating for a mom with 5 kids.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Our room was not on the floor I had requested and we did not revive the up grade I had opted for. But the room we had was clean. Just not much privacy for 5 kids + me.

We liked that it was clean and the shuttle came to get us saving the van seats from getting wet.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good Place but simple things could make it better.
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

Microwave in room didn't work, House keeping didn't show up until after 5:00 P.M. Left bags of trash and laundry from other rooms outside the room we were in most of the day.

Great place, easy to get to, decent amount of things to do. Plenty of parking. Located just outside the the Dells giving a less crowded and compact feeling.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

This is a great place to take kids any age!
    • Queen Junior Suite

The staff a check-in was not friendly. We had a late check-in and was completely unaware of the time the park closes & they failed to mention the gameroom area that's open 24 hrs. Also there is a coffee maker in the room but it was filthy!

I like that parking is free, there is a breakfast buffet, and games the kids can play after the water park closes.

disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

distance from room to waterpark.they put us the furthest away when I asked to be closer.ini gulf was extra even though it was right next to waterpark. guest service couldn't answer my questions that kept transferring me and then lost me and I had to keep calling back. their pizza restaurant person was not helpful very upset over the whole stay would not go there again for That price not worth it

The bed was hard and lumpy .
    • One-Bedroom Studio Villa

The bed was hard and lumpy ... I found Kleenex in my bedding !!!!! Was horrible to check in everything was all messed up and booked wrong ... through booking i wasn't pleased at all with my stay !!!

Browse Chula Vista Resort traveller photo gallery