Reviews of Quality Inn Merrimack 2 stars

242 Daniel Webster Highway, Merrimack, NH 03054, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Merrimack

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Walked in to a bunch of guys sitting at a table getting drunk. When we opened the door to the second floor, all you could smell was dope. The air conditioning was too loud to use.

The lady at the front desk was super friendly.

Terrible pillows flat, small, old. I asked for more and was told you were all out of pillows

the staff was very friendly but we were told that the info on line said you were under construction, and that was false

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Should have offered a discount due to the renovations

Hotel was being renovated so parts of it were closed off. Breakfast area was in a temp space which was small and cramped.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

We were not told, before our arrival, of the ongoing renovations of mainly the breakfast area and the lobby. It was not noisy or done at an inappropriate time of the day, like late at night, but the area reserved for the breakfast was terrible. In one single empty bedroom! with few tables and a line up outside in the corridor. If at least they had use one empty room for the buffet and one for seating, it would have been much better. We were three and had to take our breakfast to our room and eat on our beds.

The location is great for us to easily go to the Merrimack outlets and other shopping malls. The staff is ok.

There was no elevator and I was traveling with an 87 old and someone who just had knee replacement. One of the rooms smelled of cigarette smoke even though it stated the hotel was smoke free.

The staff were excellent and tried to accommodate as best as possible.

The hotel was making some upgrades and improvements which limited area in the breakfast area. Only shows the hotel is trying to improve the quality of my stay.

The staff was very helpful. The bed was very comfortable. The coffee was very good.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Worst motel breakfast I have experienced. The fried eggs had been sitting there who knows how long, and were so rubbery that I finally gave up trying to chew them. The waffle mix wasn't mixed. It came out as powder and water. I mixed it in the little cup before using, but it was too runny so the waffles came out soggy rather than crispy. The lobby was being renovated (not mentioned at booking as renovations usually are) so breakfast was in a guest room. There seemed to be no one assigned to go in and make sure everything was okay.

Room and beds were quite good for a motel-like facility and the internet was fast and free.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Staff lost booking. Tried to charge much higher price. Room was very dirty. No maid service. Asked for clean towels at front desk and was told I should bring my dirty ones to the desk.

On booking.com, this hotel got Chinese descriptions saying there is airport shuttle service. There is NO airport shuttle service. You should have this description removed from this hotel. It is misleading consumers!

Price is good.

Our first room smelled like cigarettes so they moved us to a different room that was not cleaned well, there was a pair of pants on the floor and a large stain on my pillow case. Early in the morning there was continuous banging above our room because renovations were being done. At breakfast, they ran out of the majority of food so we ate toast and cereal with no milk.

The room was very dirty!!! The bathroom sink had toothpaste in it and the cigarette smell was disgusting! They were also doing rennovations, so it was messy and dirty all over.

it was close to what i was in town for

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Dirty! The sheets were stained, floors not vacuumed, furniture had caked on stains, bathroom was dirty. Breakfast area tables, floors and chairs dirty. Eggs were cold at 7:30am and pastries stale.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

We checked in and left for a play came back late didn't check roomout the bed sheet and cover had stains room had a smell hotel was under construction other guests were smoking pot which you could smell threw out hotel and I had my children there the tub didn't work I will never stay there again or recommend this place I would definitely like some money back

Breakfast was good that's about it

There is no elevator, but that didnt really bother me.

Location is perfect, just around the corner from the outlets. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Breakfast is good and the 24/7 coffee and tea are a very nice extra. Will definitely come back!

The only drawback was that I was in a room w/outside lights that seeped through the curtains, even when closed. I like a room to be pitch-black.

Nice breakfast of eggs & sausage, toast & juice. The room was as expected - clean, accommodating. What I'd expect to find.

The cleanliness of the room could use some work. From a far the room looked presentable and clean but close up it needed some work. Also, one of the ladies at the front desk wasn’t the friendliest when all I asked was a simple question.

The bed was very comfortable. I had no problem sleeping. The gentlemen at the front desk, Jeremy I think was his name, was extremely nice and helpful.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The room was very dark. One of the lamps did not work, asked to be changed and they told me that was all they had. No fridge and microwave in our room. The other guest were very loud. Fight broke out at 4 am with other guest. The staf did not do anything about it. The breakfast sucked.

Cleaning lady was very pleseant

I really didn’t have time to scope everything out, so, I really can’t answer this question fairly.

Quality Inn had everything I needed and want to support my level of comfort with surprisingly more than reasonable rates. Clean with modern decor and must have amenities, which having a refrigerator and microwave was a bonus for me! I stayed for 3 days and slept comfortably which falling asleep in a foreign environment has often been a challenge. Found my go to place while visiting family in Nashua. Oh and must report if you like shopping, the Merrimack Outlet is super close to the Inn!

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

This hotel is awful except its breakfast. We are given a room with two queen beds . One of the beds some problems: there are metals that came outside of bed and those are really dangerous and tore apart my wife's pajamas and the other problem was that the bed sheet was awfully dirty. Then we asked to change the room and we were tired and carried all of our stuffs again. Additionally, neither of two rooms we got into has a strong WiFi signal and we couldn't get into the internet. on top of these' while I was checking out I have asked a business invoice on which my company information should be written to get a reimbursement. A guy who says the manager of the property didn't give me the invoice with my business information written and behaved me rudely and show the door. Although I asked a lady who was standing in the lobby when I was checking' whether I can provide necessary information during check out since I was tired, the manager behaved very rudely and tried to discriminate me since I am a tourist and humiliated me by saying that ' was that difficult to understand I told you many times ' here is the door, make a complaint to booking.com and Quality Inn`. I asked his name and he says I am 'J` and trying hide his identity' who is a blond guy. I became very sad and frustrated to be behaved like this. I have been in many hotels in USA and I haven't seen such a thing.

The breakfast was good and the lady helping the breakfast item was so kind.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The staff steals from their travelers. They are disrespectful, rude and have no customer service manners. The rooms are horrendous, not clean and uncomfortable.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The housekeeping staff needs remedial training. Room could have been cleaner and some amenities were missing.

The bed was comfortable and the a/c unit worked well. In room coffee, microwave and mini fridge.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The pillows were too soft.

The staff was unbelievable they could not have been any better. They were so helpful and friendly. If we needed anything they almost had it to us before we thought of it.

The hotel was very nice and worked to care for our needs. They were not informed about our reservation with them through you, that we booked in July. They were able to accommodate use for our stay. We we pleased with them, not so with your supposed service. Sorry for the bad report.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Even tho you were allowed to smoke in the room the room should of not smell like a box of cigarret the sheets jad cigarrete burns on them it was quite the experience never booking again at that location.

The facility was old tired and really needs a deep clean...the edges and crevices around the fixtures and mouldings were dirty, the hairdryer chord was beyond yellow-it was brown..carpet felt icky the room had an undistinguishable odour it looked like spilled coffee splashed places and not cleaned up...dirty

Staff was great...check in was smooth even while training a new desk clerk. We had fun with the staff

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The bathroom. Toilet was very loose. Nail polish all over mirror and walls and floor and tub. Bathroom needs work.

Jeremiah, the staff on duty was excellent! I forgot my phone charger and he found one I could borrow.

The old, unclean, cigarette smell was naseating. We kept the window open all the time and that did nothing to counteract the odor. Toilet lid was broken; doorjam was bashed in.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

I chose this location due to the proximity to the testing center I needed to be to take an exam and I was pleasantly surprised I had access to a printer 24/7 as I was able to print material I needed to assist me with my exam. I did pass!

That you can't use your loyalty rewards card cause we booked through Booking.com

Our room looked at the parking lot. So not much of a view. The area around the hotel was beautiful.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

In one of our rooms the toilet would not flush we had to get a plunger numerous times even if there was nothing but liquid being flushed. In the same room we were unable to use the AC while it was almost 90 degrees outside because there was what looked to be a hornets nest inside the AC vent. When we brought these to the attention of the staff they wrote it down and said they were sorry but did nothing more. In the other room they had to pry off the metal hinge on the inside to even get us in because it was locked and then said they were going to replace the hinge so we could use the lock and then never replaced it.

One of the staff members was very nice and helpful.

Entrance from highway could have been clearer.

Easy on and off the highway. Decent breakfast, very comfortable king bed, 1 st floor room and ray check on. Very inexpensive!

We had to switch bed sheets multiple times due to the sheets being stained/not clean. Breakfast was average but nothing to write home about.

It was a convenient stop as we could not book more than one night at our original location. Staff was friendly.

They ruined my wknd

There was blood stain and black marks on our sheet. The mattress was extremely uncomfortable and saggy.the hotel refused to credit us the funds and told us we would lose our payment if we leave.. They which us to a room with a double from a king size. This was the worse experience they ruined our romantic wknd getaway

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

There were cigarette holes in the blankets, yogurt or something stained into the floor, bugs in the bathroom, no hot water the whole time we were there, no channels on the TV, holes in the lampshade, holes in the curtains. I got in very late and was too exhausted to wait all night for these issues to be addressed when clearly the management doesn't care. When I brought it to their attention in the morning I was told I should've come down last night when I got my room and the problems would have been fixed. Pretty sure the room should have been clean and such before I even checked in. Never staying here again.

I had to turn the small refrigerator off because it was noisy and the air conditioner was pretty loud when it came on in the night.

The staff was very accomodating when I asked to check in early. They explained too that it was under new ownership and to let them know of anything that I thought should be fixed or changed. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. There was even a small desk that could be moved around the room. Breakfast had lots of choices. It was very convenient to everywhere I needed to go. Walking distance to the AB brewery.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Breakfast finish too early at 9:00. I understand that for person who work is great but for holiday it's early.

Very confy bed. Service of Jonathan (hope it's the right name) was excellent.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Very nice and clean location very good bang fot your buck when my family or my friends travel to Merrimack i will be recommending this location .... Staff of the hotel very curtious very welcoming always smiling hotel outside and inside very well maintained and clean

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Wifi didn't seem to work since we were at the furthest end of the building.

Friendly and helpful at reception. Breakfast was the usual hotel fare but good and a convienent way to start off the day.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The person on the front desk on the Sunday morning was late getting the complimentary breakfast ready, but more importantly , after we had checked out and received our statement, he actually came running out to our car asking for a gratuity!!! Very ignorant and way out of line to pretty much demand a tip. Totally not happy about that.

rooms were clean , good location

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Overall cleanliness. In the room, you can see some of the spots between bed and nightstand or corners are not clean. When you open the cabinet for ironing table smells like very old unopened cabinet. On your blanket you can see some stains

Parking is nice Staff is quite friendly

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

We requested and received No Smoking room. However, there were smoking rooms across the hall and smoke odor was noticeable. Location of toilet paper bars was across the room from the commode and difficult to reach while seated.

Location relative airport. Easy on and off Everett Turnpike. Close to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Although we had a no smoking room on the second floor, the hotel hallways on the second floor reeked of stale cigarettes. I folded a towel from the bathroom and put it in front of the door floor space/slit.

The beds were comfortable and the linens clean. The Internet access was very good and the television size and reception was good, too. We were greeted upon checking in and out pleasantly and efficiently.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

I needed to extend my stay by 5 days and not only did I keep my same room the management offered a nice discount , the entire staff was very friendly and house keeping went out of their way to accommodate my off normal schedule. Definitely one of the best places to stay in the greater Nashua /Merrimack area clean comfortable and convenient.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

I know it's always a gamble on who will be in the room next to you (well, depending on how Much you can pay)! Only one night was a little loud, otherwise it was peaceful.

The bed definitely was very comfy, and I loved the microwave, small fridge, n coffee/tea maker! We wanted a small comfy place to relax n be away from the world for a minute! So we bought groceries n anything else needed for comfort, closed the shades, and it was a great "Just Us" couple of days!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

It would've been nice to have a slightly better soap, shampoo & conditioner option; I felt very dry after use.

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The bed was amazing, I fell in live w/ the pillows they were at least 5 & super soft which was awesome. The television had way more channels then expected leaving me plenty of downtime options.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

When you first walk into the hotel you may be turned off. The lobby is dated and was kind of messy. I was immediately worried that I made a poor choice to save some money. Walking through the halls to the room wasn't any better. The carpets weren't clean and you could tell there are smoking rooms as the hallways smelled pretty awful (to a nonsmoker). However, our nonsmoking room smelled fresh and everything was quite clean. It was like walking into an entirely entirely different hotel.

The nonsmoking room we stayed in was nice, clean, and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was spotless.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Who ever designed the toilet paper holder to be on the opposite wall from the toilet had to have been someone with very long arms! Poor design.

Quiet, the heater didn't thump all night as in previous stay, liked having the breakfast there.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The staff was beyond rude, They put us in a smoking room when we booked non smoking, then they moved us to a "non smoking room"which was directly above MORE smoking rooms. Both my husband and I got extremely ill from the smoke, We ended up having to change rooms in the middle of the night, and then check out a few days early, again in the middle of the night. "Ommi" told me he did not have authorization to check me out, and I had to wait for the manger(who was never named, nor did he ever return my phone calls). I got charged for the full trip! I called to complain and demand a refund and "Nikki" the manager's wife, said, and I QUOTE "I will not do anything for you, you are not getting a refund" and hung up the phone on me. Not only am I extremely dis-satisfied with this hotel, but I am also disappointed in booking.com for suggesting this place.

The only positive thing about this place was Jeramiah.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

When we walked in to our room I thought we were walking in to the pool area. The smell of Chlorine was overpowering. As it turned out it was the excessive amount of bleach used when laundering the sheets that I smelled. After talking with several others who stayed there at the same time I discovered this was true throughout the facility.

The person at the front desk was very nice and personable when we checked in.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

When we checked out I was very disappointed with the gentleman serving us. Only thing he said was are we checking out - he answered the phone and had his full attention on talking on the phone. I do not feel it was a customer because he was speaking in his national language. He gave me our receipt, I asked if I needed to sign anything - he said no and turned away again.i was very annoyed on the service. Everything else was very good. But I may hesitate to use quality again because of this situation.

Jerimah greeted us and gave us good information.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Bed appeared to be very worn.Way to soft. Pillows were completely worn out and stained.

The front desk staff were very friendly and they had free wifi

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Transportation is not available... Since we didnt have a car... Taxi services are very expensive.. Had to shed 500 USD for a return trip to white mountains...

Ambience, Fitness Centre...

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Cleanliness was a bit of an issue. Some stray hair in the tub, strange smell in some areas made the overall experience kind of questionable. The front desk clerk repeated the same welcoming speech twice - as if he had forgotten he had said everything just moments before. He was obviously on autopilot. Upon check-out, staff couldn't print the receipt due to system failures. Said they would send by email, but still waiting on it. The complimentary "hot" breakfast was billed as a treat. It turned-out to be grey sausages and congealed scrambled eggs (not very appetizing) and very little else.

Beds were comfortable and satellite TV had tons of networks and movie channels to choose from.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

The place smelled of marijuana,we was woke up to the fire alarms going off at 6 a.m., the fire alarms kepted sounding off in our rooms and chirping when they would stop going off, there was blood on the bed mattress and blankets, and our room was not cleaned by the maids while we was there. In the bathroom, the fan had stuff that kept falling down into the sink and all over our stuff on the sink. The staff spoke very little English so our questions went unanswered and the staff seamed put out by us asking for towels and such.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The eggs, provide boil or fried eggs instead of scrambled eggs

Good breakfast, Clean room, Very good and warm welcome by staff member Jeremiah, he was always courteous,

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The front desk staff were unfriendly and did not smile once. The front lobby smelt so much like cigarette smoke that the smell drifted into our room. Pillows were small, flat and horrible. Wallpaper in bathroom was peeling and there wasn't a hairdryer. Plus we did not get a chance to use the computer in the lobby because their were kids playing games on it the whole time we were there.

I liked the convenient location and the included breakfast. I really liked that I only had to stay one night!

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The room smelled really bad. Also the floors were gross and one of the beds didn’t even have sheets on it.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Front desk help was very nice, had two rooms together clean and very nice, mattress a little soft, but would stay again

Needs some upgrading. Bathroom, breakfast facility and food.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The room is unclean, the dust on the table and lamps.

It is under renovation.

Clean and comfortable

construction, room smelled like cigarettes, nothing nearby for food

There were renovations in progress

Staff friendly and bed comfortable

na

all

Construction in breakfast/social are - not available for use during our stay.

Room was comfortable and quiet

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Very dirty place and poor breakfast. Cold water in the shower and cold air hair dryer.

Beds and pillows were horrible. No elevator to carry bags uo had a smell in room and hallways

No complaints

I stayed here 2 times; it's a great value for ur money

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Because of renovations carpets in the hallways were messy. Just needed to be vacuumed.

Staff is awesome. Friendly and accommodating.

Wasn't there long enough to say

Easy to get to

An indoor pool 😉

Bed like a cloud. Excellent staff.

• Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

There were two beds in the room, one was clean and the other was dirty/stained I wasn’t sure which.

I liked the breakfast and room overall.

They were remodeling part of the hotel. Could smell fresh paint.

Friendly staff. Good breakfast.