Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites Meriden 3 stars

900 East Main Street, Meriden, CT 06450, USA

#2 of 8 hotels in Meriden

For a Wedding

I have a situation on Sunday the person Who's the cleaning Don't pick it up the garbage the room.

I was the facility and the location the from desk person I was so friendly.

The hotel was really clean and the staff were very nice.

The only thing I didn’t like was the gym. One machine was broken and the other two machines didn’t work correctly.

The hotel was really clean and the staff were very nice. The location was nice since it is around a lot of places to eat and near pharmacys to pick up snacks. Being able to get up and have breakfast between 630am-930am was great. For breakfast there was waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal and different types of bread. There was a nice variety of things for breakfast.

Its was just ok, I expected better.

The upper level had a fowl smell near the elevator. My shower was broken. And my sister had to move rooms 2x because someone's clothing was left on the bed. I expected more from this hotel.

The staff was very nice.

Clean hotel room with a great deli next door.

The presentation of the breakfast left a bit to be desired. It was fine, but just fine.

The eggs were good, but that may be because they were very fresh as a large girls hockey team had eaten just before me. The woman who was cooking the eggs was right on top of things. Our room was very clean and the mattress was comfortable. There is a fantastic deli next door. It was like a candy store for Italian food.

The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the...

There were stains on the lampshade.

The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the complementary hot breakfast. The coffee and water in the lobby was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The room was big and had a large size refrigerator and good...

The room smelled moldy or as if they'd tried to clean up a smoke smell. There was a party going on at the hotel so there was no parking near the hotel at all, and there was noise that we could hear in our room late into the night. The floor above was so thin I could hear the people above us going to the bathroom and flushing the toilet.

The room was big and had a large size refrigerator and good size TV.

Good for a night stay if you can get a room away from traffic noise.

The breakfast was good, well stocked and maintained. The coffee was also good, we alway get some for the road.

The room was nice and clean and up to date, but there was a lot of traffic noise from my room. If I were to go again, which I probably won't, I would ask for a room on a side of the building with little or no traffic noise.

A great stay overall.

The halls and the carpet are quite run down and smelly. These areas could use a refurbishment! Also, the AC in our room was not easy to adjust.

Having the gym on the same floor as my room was a plus. Also, the availability of bottled water in the gym, kitchen and common areas was great!!

It sucked

Extremely unhappy. Could hear Music till midnight coming from an adjacent part of hotel: banging doors for 3 hours in the middle of the night after music stopped. This was 2 nights in a row. Manager never called back next day as promised by night staff. Never again will we pre pay using booking.com.

Fine, once we were able to check in.

Checkin took about 30 minutes. 1 person at front desk, computer allegedly not working well, but worked fine once we reached the desk. Many other people checking in - complex checkins related to an event.

Friendly staff.

Will stay again. Good value, great bed!

The carpeting on our hallway is quite stained...time for a good cleaning!

VERY COMFY bed, clean good size room, staff is friendly and helpful, refrigerator a nice perk, breakfast is good with fresh fruit.

Wonderful in every way.

Everything was wonderful. The staff was friendly. The rooms looked newly furnished and the beds were comfortable. Very clean and more than worth the price.

Location was good, close to highway, convenience stores and...

Other than the misleading picture of a giant garden tub, the rooms and property were as expected. Add an extra waffle maker at the breakfast area so people don’t wait 30 minutes in line for waffles. Everything else was great.

Location was good, close to highway, convenience stores and places to get a quick bite. Staff was helpful.

Staff knowledgeable and friendly.

Could have used one more chair in the room. There was only one, but I think if I would have asked, they would have found me one. I just didn't ask.

Staff knowledgeable and friendly. Mattresses were great. Very Clean. Plenty of fresh food for breakfast!

Wonderful pillows!

Only thing I didn't love was that there wasn't 2 separate switches for the light and the fan in the bathroom. Fan was too loud

Wonderful pillows!

Convenient, quiet, comfortable, pleasant

A couple of ceiling tiles in the hallway and a fair amount of water damage. They could easily have been replaced

Convenient, quiet, comfortable, pleasant

Good overall.

I didn’t like that receptionist in the evening would allow me to use the restroom before I checked in. After a 2hour travel I was literally going to pee myself. I told her I had a reservation and just needed to use the restroom first. She wouldn’t allow me to. I had to leave the property to ease myself.

The morning staff was great. I think the guy at the front name is Alex. He’s great for your business.

Nice staffs

The thin non insulated window and noise from outside. The A/C was not good. When the temperature gets to near the set temperature, it started to blow cold air. The only way to stop the cold air was to set the thermostat very high, then stop the A/C.

Staffs were very nice. The first room I got was very noisy because the window is not insulated well and there was a gap. I hear everything from outside. But the staff helped us changing to another room which had the same non insulated window but less noise from outside.

Room did not have features based on pictures from website.
    • Business King Room

I thought i was getting a room with a Jacuzzi tub based on the pictures on the website. After arriving at the property that was not what I got. The room did not have a tub at all only a shower. I was told after checking in that the room I thought I was getting can not be booked online and that I would have had to contact the property directly for that room and pay an additional 100 dollars. I specifically booked a suite and that is not what I got!!!

The room was clean and bed was comfortable.

Efficient front desk - Jose.

A second easy chair in the room would have been nice. Also a place to put suitcases.

Efficient front desk - Jose. Value for money. Very good location.

Watch out for management they will harass you to leave

so they kept coming to the door over and over after I ordered the late check out. the one person came and kept banging on the door. Then again after that the manager the same one that took my reservation for the came banging on the door. I mean I was not alone, it was very disruptive and disturbing and it really was rude.

nice sheets and shower

I was under the impression that I had booked a room with a...

I was under the impression that I had booked a room with a jacuzzi. When I questioned the front desk about it, I wasn’t offered any choice to switch my room and upgrade even if I paid more. I also was not allowed to cancel my stay since I booked it online. The whole reason that I booked the room was for the jacuzzi, so needless to say I was very disappointed.

Breakfast was great, gave us enough to skip lunch on our...

Breakfast was great, gave us enough to skip lunch on our skiing days and jump directly to dinner after about 8 hours. Front desk staff service was exceptional!

Hallways noisy w/ slamming doors, etc.

Hallways noisy w/ slamming doors, etc. @ 2 a.m.; street noise (sirens thru the night) not too much fun. Housekeeping cleanliness needs more attention. Accommodations need updating. Sorry. 2 much $$

The room was recently renovated and everything was well...

Not enough lit parking spaces, especially in the back.

The room was recently renovated and everything was well designed, very good quality fixtures and very clean

Economical price.

Toilet ran continuously. Soap dish in bathtub broken off wall. Complimentary moisturizer tube empty. Air conditioner very loud. Room smelled strongly of bleach/chlorine. Complimentary coffee available in lobby was light brown warm water.

Economical price. Easy on/off highway. Breakfast was good for this price point.

overal it was very comfortable stay

the only thing I didn't like was the water pressure for the shower it was not what I was expecting, I need that in the morning to wake me up

the bed was comfortable, room temperature was spot on.

May stay at this chain again but in a different location.

The entire hotel had a strong smell of marijuana and the morning staff was rude. There was hair in the shower and hair inside the folded towels.

The grounds were relatively clean. Night staff were much better than morning staff.

Fitness room, comfortable beds, large room with fridge and...

Thin walls between rooms, temperature control is not in the unit itself (even though there are buttons on the unit). They need o put a small sign on the unit directing people to the wall near the bathroom for temperature control. With windows open, the highway is a bit loud.

Fitness room, comfortable beds, large room with fridge and microwave, friendly front desk, breakfast with hot food, close to highway so it's easy and quick to get to.

If your in Meridan I highly recommend.

Every aspect was great.

All aspects of my weekend stay were excellent. Room was very clean. Bathroom had great towels, toiletries and a granite countertop. LG tv, micro and fridge. I highly recommend this hotel

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at

Place was so dirty! We asked them several times to come clean fecies from the bathroom that precious guests left and they kept saying it was clean enough, never made up our room during our stay. Stains everywhere you looked, fire alarm in the middle of the night, air conditioner either wasn't working or they refused to let them work correctly so they could save a buck! I was on vacation with my family and I was beyond disappointed!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

It is very improbable I will stay in this city again, if it happens I will check other places.

The receptionist (Ouaffa) when we arrived was rude, she did not want to process the room payments as we wanted to do because it was more work, she argued that she was tired and that she would do it her way because it was complicated. At last we managed to make it apply the payments as we wanted. The complication was that I had to divide the rooms into two cards. We were 8 in 4 room, that was terrible for her. This is the first time something like this has happened to us. Definitely she needs more training.

In general everything good, we arrive late and leave early. Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The staff was very friendly and wonderful.

Just very unorganized and a lot of confusion at the front desk. They double charged us when we call to cancled a room before the cancellation time.

The staff was very friendly and wonderful.

nothing compared to Marriott's residence inn.

sorry, but that's enough.

the hotel facility is antiquated. it was difficult to set the temperature of the water in the sink and in the shower. The faucet in the bathtub was wobbly. The bed creaked. Window covering with holes in it. I asked the lady at the desk Saturday night to show me my bill but she said that the bill would be under my door at 5 AM. She denied my second request. There was no bill under my door by the time I left at 830

Under re-construction

Extensive interior construction to the hotel. Beds in hall ways and workers wandering about. otherwise hotel mostly empty.

location was important to us for our plans. price was great.

Would stay again

It would have been nice to have a makeup mirror in the bathroom. When you wear glasses and have to put on your makeup I had to use the mirror on the closet door so I could see what I was doing.

The Breakfast was very good. Room was good. Front desk personnel was friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The staff was friendly, breakfast was good and very welcome,...

The toilet seat was loose, and toilet itself was low. It was a noisy room.

The staff was friendly, breakfast was good and very welcome, beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Great accommodations & friendly staff.

We only had one trash can in the bathroom, at least one additional trash can. Brighter lighting in the bathroom.

The promptness of the counter person to address a room issue we had. Free breakfast is a definite plus. Thank you.

Recommend for overnight stay when travel to dance competition with kids.

Should add one more chair to the two queen beds room.

Large room, refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine (and very good coffee) in the room; very comfortable shower.

A home away from home!

Just to ensure that the blinds in the rooms are not torn. The torn blinds affect the night light.

The synergy of the whole staff is wonderful! They were all helpful and courteous!

Too many issues.

First day at hotel there was no water for the whole day due to an issue with the pipes. Not sure how they were able to clean the rooms without water so it made me feel uneasy about the cleanliness of our room. We were told it would be on at 10pm and it was not. So we were unable to flush the toilet till the next morning. Day 2 it went off again for a short time. The shower water was luke warm up until day 5. There was only one entrance available and honestly I felt like we were being watched when we came in and out. There were 2 elevators only one was working and that one went out for some time also while we were there also. It's a nice looking hotel but I wouldn't stay there again.

The best part of the hotel was the waffle maker and free coffee.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Would recommend to traveler's. The hotel is well maintained & the staff are friendly.

Would have liked more options for delivery of food to the hotel from area restaurants. The hotel had a menu from just 1 restaurant. Although there were several restaurants listed in the room's directory, the majority of them did NOT deliver to the hotel.

I appreciated the fact that the room had both a microwave & fridge. They also provided me with plenty of towels & more than enough pillows . Also, appreciated the quiet atmosphere. There's nothing worse than being a weary traveler who has to listen to screaming kids running loose through the hallways. In addition, housekeeping were not loud & slamming things when they came to service the other rooms .

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Meriden Comfort Inn a good place to stay

The hotel had elevator and hot water issues while we were there but it was nothing that they could have controlled. However, the staff went above and beyond to make up for the inconvenience. And they worked feverishly to get things repaired.

Wafa is the front desk clerk from 3-11 and she is WONDERFUL! Very sweet, wants to help her guests in any way she can. Is just super pleasant and efficient. Jose' was very kind to us and allowed us to move to a lower floor due to a problem they had with the elevator. Rooms were clean and comfy. Breakfast was delicious. Staff was always friendly. Good place to stay in Meriden.

Enjoy the Comfort Inn

I drove to Conneticut for a wedding and needed a place to stay. The Comfort Inn was amazing from the minute I walked in. Check-in was on point. The front desk staff was attentive and Jose Ramos, rocks! He made my stay pleasant by helping me find local eateries and attractions. He was kind enough to find the name of the pillows at the hotel because I wanted to get a set for my husband.It was great to wake up to the breakfast buffet. I am very particular when it comes to cleaniless but I have no complaints about my room. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need a stay and want to be attended to by sufficient staff.

Clean and quiet.

Would have liked to see a bowl of mixed fruit (cut up orange, pineapple, melon etc.) and also some bacon included for breakfast.

Clean and quiet. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Convenient to highway.

The location is "good" in that it is close to the highway. But it's in deepest Mall-Landia. If, say, you wanted to go for a run or a stroll in the evening, you really couldn't, or at least it would be profoundly depressing. No good dining options nearby. The place the front desk staff recommended was several miles away (over in the next mall cluster on the other side of town), and just BAD.

Convenient to highway. Nice staff. Comfy bed. Ok breakfast. The standard furnishings for a motel of this sort: desk, ergonomic desk chair, easy chair, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Got an excellent deal, don't know if prices are always this good.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

I was there only for a brief overnight stay.

The TV channel lineup contained in the guest book didn't list the correct channels.

I was there only for a brief overnight stay. Room was modern, clean and comfortable. And, my favorite TV channel was on the offering.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The room was really comfortable and clean.

The hotel could have had better curtains. They also woke us up when I asked for a later check out.

The room was really comfortable and clean. It was a nice hotel.

Great little escape!

Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner and early rising guests with children woke me earlier than planned....

Bed was comfortable and overall facility very nice.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Not a stay to remember

The room had a musty smell, the fridge had a 'ticking' noise so I unplugged. The heating unit was loud and didn't work good. The chair in the room look like it came from outside. I like the hotel, just the room could have been nicer.

I've stayed here before, it's a great hotel but I went cheap this time. Worth the extra $$ to get the Hot Tub/King Bed room. On main road, free breakfast and great employees.

What a great value

I had no dislikes

The room and bathroom was very clean and the staff was kind and professional. I was pleasantly surprised at what I got for the money. It was well worth and will always use booking.com

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Close to the highways and the bed was comfortable.

The front walk was not totally shoveled of snow. You had to walk in the slush which could have been easily shoveled before it got cold. It was NOT shoveled the day we arrived, that night or the next morning when we left. Two workers were at the desk but they made no attempt to clear the front main door entrance way. Very dangerous . There was no markings that the toilet was cleaned - usually a paper across the toilet so you knew.

Close to the highways and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

I went back for a second time.

Leaving

I went back for a second time. I booked with Wafaa. I traditionally go through Jose Ramos but he had left for the day. I was ecstatic. Wafaa, actually looked up my previous stay and knew exactly what kind of room and expectations I was looking for. She was accommodating. Jose Ramos the operations manager had documented so well, that Wafaa was able to book our stay and let me know we are valued as guests

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Over charged at check in.

Over charged at check in. Staff charged more the rooms them what Internet price. Said that taxes charge was wrong. I was refund I felt it should never happen. This is problem that need to be fit.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

magnificent Meriden CT!

Leaving!

Jose the manager. He was fantastic. He was great with assisting with directions to restaurants. Jose was amazing with checking in and out. He was very helpful in the little things that were needed to make a weekend perfect. Jose made you feel at home, and had a professional yet friendly manner, which everyone in the hospitality industry could learn from.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Brenda went above and beyond.

The breakfast. I feel they should invest in a cook. The sausage was not done, eggs over steamed, bread for toast was hard.

Brenda went above and beyond. I ordered delivery, and was not given any napkins or utensils. Brenda brought those items to my room.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The price was nice.

Was woke up at 1am by a domestic dispute in the room next to me. After waiting 15 min it had not stopped and was getting more n more violent i called the front desk.. They would do nothing. So i called 911. The morning manger was made aware upon check out..he was to handel it as they have a procedure for this.. But no compensation.. Disapointing

The price was nice.. Clean rooms

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Better accomodations than I expected!

No complaints

The bed was comfortable. You offered both firm and soft pillows. Nice lounge chair in room. I arrived early and was allowed to check in early

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Housekeeping is inconsiderate

With the do not disturb marker on the door, house keeping still managed to knock at 8am 830am 10am and 1030am. Even though we requested a 1230 check out time because of the interruption. Very rude.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Great value!

Room rug needed replacing soon. Tissues were like sandpaper.duvet cover had bleach strains, needed replacing.

Great value. Comfortable bed, decent breakfast. Location good for visiting colleges nearby.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

95% satisfied.

The bathroom shower/tub had pubic hairs in it and excess hairs under the vanity. The tissue box had two tissues left in it.

The access to the highway and the numerous dining options in the immediate area. The staff were very friendly and thorough. The beds were comfortable and the continental breakfast options were plentiful.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Family of 5 friendly.

Family of 5 friendly.. affordable, clean, friendly staff. the manager Mr. Ramos was awesome and so friendly and so attentive . We got a good size room for a great great price. Breakfast was good too. close to a lot of stores, fast foods, restaurants and close to the town. great location Overall was a great stay and we are already planning for our next visit lol

Got wined and dined on as a queen should with her king.

I wish they had chilled balconies and a swimming pool..the same breakfast every morning but it was still an awesome stay wouldn't chosen any other hotel. Thanks

Everything was just amazing I felt like a queen being served....

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

It was awful not worth the money at all
    • Business King Room

Room was not as described on website. Very dirty I found hair the refrigerator. Toilet and shower were both broken. Staff told me to fix the toilet and only after going down twice did I get someone to come help me

It was quiet. Easy to find

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Comfy beds

Breakfast and coffee was closed down too early (9:30). We woke up at 10, and needed coffee. None left. If check out is at 11am... Why not leave the breakfast out until then?

Comfy beds

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Fantastic hotel, terrible booking.com experience

almost not getting a room because of booking.com, I will never use your services again and will tell every person I know to not book with you.

The gentleman at the front desk when checking in was extremely kind. I believe his name was Jesus. There was a mix up with the reservation on behalf of booking.com and was just canceling all of the booking.com reservations but still have us a room and advice for how to book a hotel next time. Fantastic customer service experience. I will be contacting the hotel itself to send them the same message.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Good hotel

Very noisy highway by it. Get a back side room

Very clean staff helpful even when my reservation wasn't there. I showed them my phone and they took care of it.

Comfort and location

Carpet in hallways very dirty and stained. Hotel needs renovation badly!

Comfort and location

Convinced price

Room a little dirty and rude guess bunch of bikers

Convinced price

Clean, quiet and comfortable bed.

Clean, quiet and comfortable bed.

A Great Stay

Everything-starting with the very profesional employees.

Alot of door slamming through the night

Alot of door slamming through the night

Staff was prompt to replace broken clock in room.

Staff was prompt to replace broken clock in room.

Relaxing

There was nothing bad.

I like the breakfast it was self service, the bed was very comfortable and the room was very welcoming and clean.

Overall very good
    • Business King Room

Only complaint is ice machine was very difficult to locate on another floor