Reviews of City Center Inn and Suites 2 stars

5.5

5.6

Don’t stay here
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The amount you pay to stay here isn’t worth it, the location is unsafe, no basic amenities close by, uncomfortable bed, dated rooms/bathrooms, the staff weren’t friendly and were actually quite rude, not helpful with guiding out of towners. In general, just don’t stay here.

Close to places and people to see
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Smells like wet dog in room. Asked for new toiletries for 2nd night and did not receive. Toilet did not flush properly

Close to places and people to see

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The staff is helpful and parking is always available.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms are small and basic. The location Idol with some nice restaurants around the hotel.

The staff is helpful and parking is always available. The rooms are clean.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Not worth $170.00
    • Deluxe Queen Room

When we checked in and went to the room, we discovered mold in the bathroom on walls and door frame. We told the front desk and asked for a different room. We were told there were no other rooms, but someone would be up to “ take care of it”. After about 15 - 20 min we walked down to the front desk. Again told there were no other rooms avail, but after another 10 min we did get to change rooms. Unfortunately, there was mold in that room too ,but not as much as the first room. We had an engagement to be at and had to leave so I told the front desk at checkout. The front desk staff were not friendly and did not seem very concerned about this health hazard. I will be contacting the supervisor.

It was ok. Not sure that I would stay again, given the staff wasnt accomodating at all.

The check-in attendant wasnt very forthcoming with info. There were 3 of us and we asked about a cot since the room only had a king bed (all 2 beds at that price were booked). She said there wasnt a cot. So we asked for extra blankets. She said there were plenty of extras in the room. Once we checked in and got comfy, we realized there were no extra linen/blankets. We called the front desk and the new attendant told us that he would need to charge us an extra person fee before giving us blankets bc the linen already on the bed should be enough, given that we were in a 2 person room! This shouldve been disclosed at checkin (when all 3 of us checked in). Needless to say, it wasnt a comfortable night for one of us. At checkin, we also asked the attendant if there was a store nearby so we could get toiletries. She shortly told us to get it from the vending machine. I still wanted to know about a store. She offered no input at all. So we tried the machine. It was fairly empty but did at least have one toothbrush. We ended up finding a walgreens a few miles away. Sometimes, the willingness to help goes a long way. In this case, all 3 of us didnt feel that the staff wanted to really help us.

The room was clean and parking was available onsite.

Not the service or quality you pay for.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The front desk staff was beyond miserable. The area was dodgy and run down, sirens all day and night. If it was a lot cheaper then I'd give it a better rating, but it was so expensive for the poor service and quality.

The room was clean.

4.0
    Barely adequate
    • Executive Suite

It was not that clean for the money paid. The breakfast was one of the worst I’ve seen. I couldn’t eat what they had. Bad apples, packaged danish and granola bars Towels were threadbare. The door was hard to open and close which is difficult when sharing a room. There was no bottled water in the machine. The beds were comfortable

For $320 per night it wasn’t with the money.

It's a step up from the streets
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Our toilet was clogged and the location was sketchy. It felt like a dingy motel. Staff was not good at fully explaining things amd just asked for my credit card and proceeded to take down my card number. Also you cam hear everything going on outside.

The bed didnt have any stains

Location to Union square with walking distance.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No fridge/microwave. Neighborhood is bit ghetto

Location to Union square with walking distance. Free parking further inside of the building if needed

Nice place, nice room, good parking, close to center.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The neighbourhood isn’t really good. The girl at the reception wasn’t friendly. Breakfast is ridiculous. A packaged cookie and a juice isn’t a small intercontinental breakfast, it’s a joke. I stay in more than 100 hotels every year, but this is the worst “breakfast” i ever got served.

Nice place, nice room, good parking, close to center.

Could have been much better had the sleep not been interrupted.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The biggest peeve which stops me from assigning a higher rating to this hotel is the lack of action on the part of the hotel staff to stop a couple screaming their head off at 3 to 4+am on their domestic dispute. The quarrel was affecting our sleep and the hotel staff did not take any actions whatsoever to stop the disturbances.

The location is central and the free parking was useful.

Certainly worth considering - would stay here again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lift was out so had to carry >100kgs of bags upstairs, breakfast didn't impress - more of a grab and go packet Danish and filter coffee. Getting in and out of reception not great often had to wait a couple of minutes for staff to appear. Shower outlet was fixed and only about 5ft above the bath hence i had to stoop/lean/squat to get my hair wet. The walk back at night from Market Street (main road in SF) to the hotel was awash with homeless folk and the smell of urine, looks like a couple of places are often used just at night as they were all gone by morning, but there again the following night - not great, but i'm sure it's harder for them, understand homelessness is an issue in SF - pointed out by several people in San Diego and LA when i mentioned was going there. So if being temp offended by smell and a little intimidated by numbers is an issue for you maybe book elsewhere. Finally post check out, I needed to use the facilities next to reception - was a bit horrified at what greeted me and what i had to clean prior to using it myself. Would have hoped the staff would check frequently. Oh well - still enjoyed the stay.

After staying in some right dives, wasn't expecting much, but it was good. They'd tried to make the rooms appealing with decor. Aircon / heat wasn't too noisy and for once didn't hear any road noise. Very clean and tidy. Plus secure parking - a bonus in my opinion - not many places have that in SF. Only 5 minute walk to the trolley which can then take you to the quays for $2.75 each

Nice and easy to find, great help with info about the city. Just need to be told about how to get in
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We could not get in after midnight, all doors locked and no one was at the door to let us in!!! had to phone and be put on hold for sometime, and wait util someone came. Need to have a system where guest can come and go without feeling locked out.

We loved that we could have free car parking and that when we needed to change rooms the wonderful staff moved all our belongs to the next room. Thank was great

The size of the room.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The smell! I walked in and it smelt like a window hadn't been open since the 60's. It was unbearable. The mattress was wrapped in plastic. There was no duvet - just a really thin blanket. I actually had to take the blanket from the other bed so that I didn't freeze. There was no hot water. Breakfast was basically non-existent. You could literally hear every movement from the floor above.

The size of the room.

Overall. Ok stay. For the price I paid. But breakfast could really use an improvement .
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very tight. Very close. Kinda cheesy. Breakfast was a lie. They had chewy granola bars, apples, and cheap Cosco pastries. Took multiple copy’s of my credit card for some reason. At lest three from what I could tell. You could see light coming in from around the door of our room.

It was clean. Staff was professional, and very nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I got a key, but the room hasn't been ready. But we got an upgrade, thank you that charmy girl from reception for your prompt reaction.

The breakfast was an off apple and a cup of tea.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast was an off apple and a cup of tea. One of the reception staff members was very grumpy and unhelpful. Shouted at us for pulling on a locked door that she opend from the inside. There was no sign to say it was locked and that she opens it as a saftey lock from the inside. There was only a lamp in our room no ceiling light and the toilet constantly blocked itself.

Security seemed good, parking was a huge plus in the...

The floor in my room felt like I would fall through, there were spongy areas on the bathroom side of the room as if there was significant water damage.

Security seemed good, parking was a huge plus in the downtown SF area

I really liked how safe I felt.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The soda machine was down and no late check outs are given , at all!

I really liked how safe I felt. Very secure entry, my car was safe and was a great peace of mind to leave everything as I went to work. The setting once parked and on the way to my room , was pleasant and neat. Nice open stairways and views.

The location is great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Internet connection is not always stable. If you had the room a bit far from the lobby, you wouldn’t get a signal.

The location is great. Perfect for a night before or after the flight. If you arrived within the time table of the shuttle, it’s easy to get picked up and dropped off from the airport.

The room was really clean and comfortable !
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No fridge, microwave in the room. Breakfast is not good at all there is simply nothing to eat but chocolat chips bar.

The room was really clean and comfortable ! Dont pay for the breakfast go to the coffee place next to the hotel. Great emplacement and staffs.

It was a pleasant experience, would recommend to anyone who's on a budget visiting the city.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hot water took awhile to warm up but not a major concern. I understand why they need the front door locked for the lobby for security purposes however, it was a hassle trying to get in at times to get the breakfast when no one was at the front counter. A microwave was not available in the rooms which I don't mind but I did wish they had one in the breakfast lobby area so guests can use it as they wish.

Location. Friendly staff. Liked that they can hold luggage for you. Easy check in/out. Rooms were cleaned.

Can’t expect too much
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

One of the night time lady staff seems impatient. The hotel can only receive one credit card and provide one receipt. Very simple breakfast...only coffee, apple (not fresh sometimes) and sweet pancakes (looks unfresh)

Location is very close to the union square and is convienient The daytime gentleman staff is very nice

This hotel is a great place to stay at!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was nothing wrong or bad thing about the room I stayed in base on the location, price, and utilities. I would say, it would be one of the top hotels in the area.

Miserable
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is a dreary ,musty,old motel that looks as though it hasn't been refurbished since the early 1970s charging business class hotel prices. The location is in a sleezy part of town. Including tax I was charged $305 which is outrageous.

There were no redeeming features.

• Annex Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were rude, the cleaning staff entered our room at 8:30am with only one knock, and then entered our room with do not disturb sign and no consent from us. The beds were uncomfortable and the room was dirty. The shower took 5 minutes to warm up. There was no lift. The stairs were carpet and very unsafe I wouldn’t recommend for anyone to stay here.

It was clean and in good area of the city.
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

It was a comfortable stay and accommodating to my needs. Very close to everything restaurants, breweries and shopping we're all walking distance.

It was clean and in good area of the city.

The rooms were clean.
    • Annex Queen Room

The tv channels suck. They charged extra just to make the reservation without notice until I checked my bank account. They said complimentary breakfast it's included. But it's just coffee with a Danish, that is not breakfast to me. The lobby is in one building and the rooms are across the street.

The rooms were clean.

great location, free parking
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

the staff on the reception desk could crack a smile once in a while. the exhaust ventilator in the bathroom made too much noise.

central location, free parking

not sure why they sent me to the annex building (which is on...
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

not sure why they sent me to the annex building (which is on the opporite side of the street); judgin by the number of cars in the parking lot, the hotel didn't look full. last time I was here, they sent me to the Annex too.

Poor services
    • Annex Queen Room

Room smells terrible badly. Can’t stand for min. Asked for changed room. She charged 30 $ cad for different room. Which is terrible. Not recommend to anyone. Poor service

I️ honestly believe I️ deserve a partial refund for the bathroom problems
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

The shower was disgustingly dirty to the point that my niece and I️ both made the decision to shower at a local gym rather than there, the toilet seat had some sort of debris on it that seriously made my niece and i prefer to squat and put toilet paper around the seat to feel a little at ease about going to the restroom, not to mention the toilet got clogged every other time we flushed, the room walls were absolutely very thin you can hear someone’s conversation in the room next door. The carpet was dirty, my clean white socks I️ put on to go to bed got filthy dirty when I️ went to walk to the bathroom ( literally 4-5 steps)

The bed was comfortable

Very poor service and room
    • Annex King Room

Sumon was very rude and not helpful at all. Very unprofessional. Not greeted or thanked for staying. Will not be returning to this place and will definitely tell my friends and family not to stay here.

Not much

Comfortable bed, FREE PARKING - which is rare in SF hotels!
    • Annex King Room

Very poor security. We were told the door to get into the building had just been broken into. A car in the parking lot was broken into and stolen from on the day we arrived, so all cars were moved to a 'more secure' parking... yet we could see the grid had been broken into. That's what you get for a free parking in a neighborhood like this! I would still recommend if you want to take the risk - just don't leave anything in your car people could want to steal.

Comfortable bed, FREE PARKING - which is rare in SF hotels!

Not a good choice to stay in SF...
    • Annex King Room

Parking was at a different facility.... There was no elevator, up 3 flights of stairs, narrow walk-ways, no ice machine, etc, hair-dryer did not work, etc...

The staff was helpful but too slow
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I checked in quite late because my flight was delayed and I already emailed the “hotel”before departure, when I arrived, there’s no reservation in my name and I need to wait and showing all the details of mine even home address, and the staff said we are full there’s no room left, it’s already 12:30 am and my friend whose staying with me is 7 months pregnant, and we wait another half hour to resolve the problem, just waiting for the phone call need to take 30mins? And finally they said we got “upgrade ”. But the room looks so different from the picture on Booking.com and creepy old, the sink is not working, the bed is not comfort, even worse than a motel, so I booked another hotel for the next day, the price is same but four stars and got great location and service, of course they didn’t refund me the money for next day, which is totally fine because I don’t want to stay in the “hotel” for one second. This is my first time to write a review and I meant it. Must say don’t believe the picture they really good at add filters

The staff was helpful but too slow

Never again
    • Annex Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cards to get into annex and room did not work. Had to go four flights of stairs to main bldg twice finally desk person came to help "while on her dinner break🤢". Room seemed clean but towels old Price totally overpriced for accomodation - yes special conference in town-forced to take what was available

Don’t stay here unless you have no other option
    • Annex King Room

When we arrived we parked in the hotel car park and went to reception, the staff member was scruffy and unprofessional. She gave us our room key but didn’t explaim our room was on the opposite side of the street in an unmarked building. We asked her where we were, she drew a large circle on a tourist map and said “there” we later found out this was completely the wrong location. The access to the room was up a few flights of steep uneven stairs through hallways which were dirty. The room looked nothing like the pictures, it was very tired. With broken lampshade and some sockets didn’t work. The hotel itself is not far from the Tenderloin a very rough area of San Fran, I would have felt very uneasy staying in this location on my own or with a family. Breakfast was pathetic, a selection of bruised apples, packet breakfast bars and packet pastries.

Didn’t like much here, the parking is convenient.

Couldn’t wait to shower at the new hotel, it just felt dirty.
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

Rude front desk clerk, disgusting and questionable Cleanliness. Nice pictures on booking site we’re clearly from 15 to 20 years ago.

Checking out and moving to a new hotel

If the management ever reads this fb, they may find my SONY player and send it to me. Thanks!
    • Annex Queen Room

I left my sports jacket in the room when we left. Called the hotel after an hour we left and told the reception I left my jacket hanging in the room. Asked them to pick it up and call me when the jacket is in the reception. Reception said they will ask the housekeeper to get it. I received no call. Called the reception later and they did not have the jacket. Called them again in the following morning. Not fount. I know and am sure I left it hanging in the room. The jacket was not a new one BUT in the pocket was my brand new Sony music player worth 250 USD so that must be why the housekeeper never found the jacket because s/he wanted to keep the player. I call that stealing and it will not raise the hotels image in my eyes. I think social media will love this little story of the housekeeper´s "honesty" and the reputation of this "hotel".

Free parking
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

The staff were very rude and not friendly or helpful. Didn’t explain that our room was across the road and barely spoke to us at check in. The room was ridiculously small, nothing like the photos. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable. The shower did not work very well. No elevator, so we had to carry our suitcases up the stairs. The WiFi was not good.

Free parking Location is good

Basic hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Basic hotel, and expensive from what you get basic and small room, breakfast only package cinnamon rolls and coffee Reception not helpful and didn't had knowledge at all as "concierge " Location a lot of homeless people

Only one person at all hotel was helpful , reception

Basic accommodation / you get what u pay for
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

Unsafe walking to hotel at night when dark. Electrics not so good in hotel room

Close enough to downtown but fairly rough areas to pass through. Room was basic

If you need a quick stay, not picky about hotels, and want to party, this is the hotel for you.
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

I'll start by saying I can be picky with hotels. This one is located in a good area but scary at night. The whole facility was awkward- split into two buildings. We stayed in the old part of the hotel which is now across the street from the office. At first, I felt very uncomfortable staying across from staff and leaving our car across the street at the main parking lot (which is very small). Hotel staff offered to open the gate across the street to park our car in the garage but we refused due to the cleanliness and the inconvenience of always asking someone to open the gate for us. Then we unload the car, walk across the street, and there is NO elevators (which they did warn us about already, I just always overpack). Come to find our room, smaller than the pictures showed online, however for one night, it was all we needed- Bed and a restroom. There was only two lamps, not ideal for makeup, but still able to see. The biggest con was using the key to get through every door in the facility. Makes you feel safer but we had problems with the key each time. We finally got the hang of it but at first, it was frustrating to use.

NO bugs! yay! That was my main thing. Did not see any bugs, the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The shower felt creepy but it was clean and no plumbing issues in our room, including the toilet and sink. Staff in the office was super helpful and nice. We did not see staff at all so if you want to party in your room, this is the place to be. Later throughout the night, we were enjoying ourselves that we forgot about the cons of the room. To wrap this up, after a few hours of staying, I was not uncomfortable anymore and just learned to deal with it. We had a great time and made the best out of it. So if you can do the same and looking for a cheaper-cost hotel in the city, this is for you.

The only good thing was that my husband was with me.
    • Annex King Room

Noone came to fix what i requested to be fixed. No elevator access with my luggage nor staff help. Requested them twice and the water in the shower was very low pressure. If i couldve cancelled my booking i wouldve.

No homeless around.

The only bonus was to meet a school friend I hadn’t seen for 27 years and pier 39
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Didn’t get told about where the room was and nothing mentioned about breakfast. Homeless people everywhere and didn’t feel safe to go out in the evening so stayed in

Bed was very comfortable

Low quality hotel but parking and location is good.
    • Annex Queen Room

Ugly, old and smelly room. Ours was in another building across the street, some homeless people were sleeping in the parking lot. We felt unsecured sleeping in this hotel. And, as almost like all the 2 to 3 star-hotel in the bay area, the hotel has not been renovated since the 80's, but the prices keep rising...

Location is good and the parking is big. For a 2 star-hotel it's also rare to have a private bathroom in the bay area.

Mixed at best. Would not stay there again or recommend it.
    • Annex Queen Room

We stayed in the annex, which does not have an elevator. We climbed two flights of stairs with our bags -- not an easy task for two 70+ people. The room was old and tired, and definitely needed repairs and renovation. Bed was comfortable, but room was small. The breakfast was risible: granola bars and packaged pastries with a brown liquid which purported to be coffee.

The location is convenient for access to downtown, but the area is transitional. Free parking was a plus in a city where parking can be expensive. Their breakfast is terrible, but there is a great coffee spot -- GoodSight Coffee -- right next door.

It was ok except for the miserable breakfast and absence of a lift.
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

There was a lift but it was out of order with no attempt to repair it. No help for older guests getting their cases to the next level.

Breakfast was a misnomer. A cup of coffee, an apple and a danish.

HORRIBLE. WORST PLACE. Staff and rooms were horrible
    • Annex King Room

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever encountered. From the staff to the rooms. Tried charging my credit a week later for "smoking" which I do not do. Called to get an answer staff was rude and hung up on me multiple times. But I kept trying to talk to the manager but the women at the desk told me he just left. They refused to let me speak to a manager and I don't live near by so I can go to the hotel. I would stay far from them. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!I'

Awful, really.
    • Annex Room with One Queen/One Twin Bed

Filthy,smelly, old and paid almost 300 usd for a 1 night stay.

Nothing but the staff who was really friendly. I really didn't like this hotel at all.

This is OK for two people on a quick visit to SF who spend only sleep time in their room.

Small and tight rooms, just enough room to get by, no elevators. Don't bother with breakfast, basically a joke.

Location however, two blocks in one direction vs. the other and the neighborhood changes dramatically. Be sure to stay at the main property not, the annex. On site parking was good but, can fill up quickly. The rooms that are Street side are noisy.

It's ok
    • Annex Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's hard to spot, parking is poor and on a first come first serve basis, it's not all one building it's two so if you're located in the second building you have to cross a busy street, there's no elevator that was available for the second building, the stairs are steep, the floors creak, I don't think they clean the rooms thoroughly, and the view in the second building sucks. It needs to be reminded completely. I wouldn't stay here if you plan on being in your room for a long period of time. I literally stayed out even longer so I'd only be there to sleep

It's in the center of everything so it's walking distance or close to transit. Staff was friendly

Can not recommend to stay there
    • Annex Queen Room

Horrible Room: old, damaged, toilet not working, dirty,smelly, in another building where I did not feel safe. Other room was better but not worth the high price

Staff was helpful and friendly

I don't think I will go back.
    • Annex Queen Room

The pictures of the renovated rooms were deceiving. I was expecting my room to look like that and it did not. I got a small unrenovated room that was hardly a suite. It was a tiny room with a queen bed. The cable was analog with a bad reception on screen. I checked in and did not get my complimentary drink. I was told the building across the street was where my room was. I had to walk down a block to cross walk then back up the other side. It was not easy locating the entrance to the building. Worst of all no elevator. I had to carry my luggage which was not light up two not so very easy flights of stairs. I am not disabled but I do believe that is not ADA complient. I did not feel welcome when arrived it was my mistake for missing the credit card only no debit. They accepted the debit but not before making me feel as if I was trouble and had no money. I was in the City for work and yes I have money on my debit especially if I booked the room with my card.

Location and they stored a package for a pickage I left for a friend to pick up.

Next time in SF I will spend more and stay in a safer, better located place.

the neighborhood is seedy

the towels were so thin you could see through them almost. The breakfast was very poor, with packaged pastries and not much else

Photos were misleading. We slept comfortably but we didn’t feel safe or happy with our stay
    • Annex Queen Room

The room was old and ugly. I got our friends to book at the same hotel the same night as us and they were pretty disappointed that we chose such an ugly looking hotel. Big thumbs down to the cleaning ladies who spoke & laughed extremely loudly so early in the morning right outside our doors. We wanted to say something but didn’t want anything bad to happen to our things as they had the key to the doors. They were very very rude.

From the looks of the Hotel as well as the room we got, the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The staff was very nice to us.

Wouldn't stay here again overpriced for what you get
    • Annex King Room

Not a great area as soon as you walk north of the hotel towards Market Street. We went for a walk to find dinner that way and felt very uncomfortable gangs and homeless people everywhere. The girl at the check in was useless could barely hear her speak and wasn't helpful at all. The part we stayed in was across the road from the main building was very old and not at all like the pictures

Nothing. Except this great restaurant south of the hotel on Folsom St called Roccos Cafe

Not bad, the location is quite decently located and the parking is OK.
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

I found it odd that while there is a guest laundry, the reception did not have detergent for sale. I could not find a small pack of detergent in any nearby store, so I could not use the service. Pretty disappointing...

Would stay at this hotel again for my next visit. Thank you!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The shower curtain kept sliding open leaving the bathroom floor all wet....could be a hazard for slipping and falling.

Bed was very comfortable, AC was terrific, and general accommodations extremely satisfactory!!

Was in a good location, a couple blocks from the center city. Nice, chill location in San Fran.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Parking was excellent, it's a little away from the city center, so not too busy around our street. A couple restaurants were right outside the entrance which made things easy.

Fine
    • Annex Queen Room

Neighborhood was a little sketchy. No elevators steps are okay.

The lady that checked us in wasn't very friendly but the lady the next day was truly awesome and that made up for the night before. It was not too far from downtown and there were restaurants around. Breakfast is okay but not much. Danish,granola bar, fruit, juice and coffee.

Only location.

I agree all were mentioned on their site. But NOT RECOMMENDED for a family. No elevator. No bell boy. Check in counter and rooms on opposite sides of the road. Had to lug the suitcases up the stairs manually. Rooms bad. No view. Bath has no exhaust.

Only location. Not the property

Ok stay but way over priced
    • Deluxe Queen Room

All but one member of staff were not helpful at all, never a smile or greeting. The place did not feel welcoming at all. The free 'continental breakfast' consisted of an apple and a small sugar filled pastry. No fridge in room. Limited shower gel and shampoo which was not replaced. No milk for the tea/coffee. We paid the same here for 4 nights as we did for 6 nights athe the Hilton Anaheim! This place was over priced in my opinion.

Air con was a god send as we were there during the record breaking heatwave. Free Wifi. Room was tidy and bed made every day. Close to market Street.

Would not stay again - rude staff, unattractive rooms, terrible value for money.
    • Annex Queen Room

Almost every element. The staff (particularly receptionist Jackie Ivy) were incredibly rude - dismissive, not friendly, and unhelpful. The room was tiny, not good value for money. The shower door was broken. The 'breakfast' was squished, pre-packaged danishes and chocolate cereal bars. There was bad coffee and no milk available. Apartment rooms were located across the street from the reception - bizarre, and frustrating, quite frankly. $2 charge per bag to leave it by the reception. Seeing as we paid $150 per room per night (incl. tax), this was unnecessary and excessive.

Very little - the room was small but relatively clean. That was about it.

Great location for a sightseeing trip!
    • Annex Queen Room

The breakfast consisted of tea, coffee, apples and extremely sweet pastries. We always ate breakfast somewhere else... We had to pay $2/bag when we arrived early and left later than checkout time. We think this should be included. The rooms were cleaned everyday (including new towels). There wasn't even the option of not getting new towels. It would make sense to start thinking of the environment, dear staff!!

The location of the hotel is great! Market Street is just around the corner and many forms of public transportation are nearby. As mentioned in the other reviews, there are a lot of homeless people/addicts in that area of SOMA, but we NEVER felt unsafe! For a sightseeing trip and being gone most of the day, this hotel is a great choice.

It was an okay stay. Might try something different next time.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wall paper is pealing. Staff at front desk very nonchalant.They were not mean but also not necessarily nice.

Clean and new room amenities/fixtures.

The hotel was decent given the price, but should've pay...
    • Annex Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi sucks, every time when our phones connected to the wifi, it had "error", meaning there was no internet service even though "connected", I had to use my own data for internet.

The hotel was decent given the price, but should've pay more for better location such as Hilton.

Terrible staff attitude and horrible breakfast. Old bakery food in a bag is disgusting.
    • Annex Double Room with One Double Bed

The receptionist when checking in and out was not pleasant. I almost got charged an unauthorized charge of a third night. I asked the night before what to do if I need a 3rd night, however, I never requested the 3rd night. The receptionist was not understanding at all and even bothered me when I was collecting all my belongings. She was very unprofessional to act aggressive about me leaving on a late check out. This is not standard behavior from hotel staff to get so upset over this kind of thing. Most places don't even care if you communicate with them about checking out late, and they never come knocking on the door to bother you; which adds more time to the process of checking out.

The bed was comfortable

Won't stay hear again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast consisted of coffee, orange juice, packaged pastry and chewy granola bars and apples. Very noisy rooms-could hear through the walls and floor above. No fridge. Had to move rooms as the room given was known for leaks and couldn't breath due to mildew. I even had the lady come to the room to show her the rug was wet. She blamed it on the cleaning staff and said they would dry it during the day. Thankfully the cleaning staff told us the last guest asked to be moved. So we did too. The ceiling showed water damage. Elevator not working. Front staff not helpful.

Close to Market street. Parking good if you are lucky enough to find a spot

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Affordable, but not the nicest
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room was ok, but even though it was clean didn't really feel clean. Typical motel where doors open right to the outside so not as much of a noise buffer as an enclosed property. Had coffee maker in room, but no coffee. Odd selection of toiletries -body lotion and hair butter, as opposed to shampoo or soap. Breakfast is granola bars and packaged danish along with juice and coffee. Tiny coffee cups so for a coffee drinker it is multiple trips to get a normal fill of coffee. Shower temp was tough to regulate- handle went from freezing to scalding with a slight tap. Check out was time consuming as only one person answering calls and doing check outs- line of about 5 people.

Was one of the more affordable properties available. Location isn't ideal, but easy enough to take an Uber or walk.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

stay away from this place.
    • Annex Mini-Suite with Two Double Beds

Everything was just filthy. We arrived early and we had to pay $10 for each piece of luggage to store for couple of hours. There was no Wi-Fi. Neighborhood was fool of homeless people and smelled of urine and defecation.

Not worth the price and never booking here again.
    • Annex Queen Room

For how much we spent for one night we were expecting more from our room. The decor was from the 80s and the bed was overly perfumes so it made us think the room was dirtier than it seemed to initially be. We didn't even sleep in the bed, we slept in top of it. We even wore our sandals when we took a shower!

We were able to park right near our room
    • Annex King Room

Hard bed, door knob came off, night light in the room you can't turn off, tv stations fuzzy and in another language

We were able to park right near our room

Okay but not steller.
    • Annex King Room

First floor accommodations were up 2 flights of stairs. No elevator service. One of us has some mobility issues.

Bed was comfortable and room ewas clean.

Browse City Center Inn and Suites traveller photo gallery