Reviews of City Suites Hotel 3 stars

933 West Belmont Avenue, Lakeview, Chicago, IL 60657, USA

#119 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Excellent reception staff. Great location.
    • Queen Room

All the staff were polite and helpful. However, we were particularly grateful for the excellent service provided by Megy and Marc at the reception desk. The location of the hotel is execellent.

Great location with comfortable accommodations.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The only "flaw" would be the lack of water presser in the shower. Everything else was just right.

Staff was accommodating and friendly. Rooms were spacious with comfortable beds. Great location: Steps from the Red Line, easy walk to Wrigley Field, Boystown and other areas with many great places to eat nearby. Breakfast was simple but a good variety. It was a good option to have breakfast sandwiches to heat up. Snacks in the room are reasonably priced.

Never stay anywhere else in Chicago except Coty Suites!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Cords for ceiling fans and lights were too short. I couldn’t turn them on without pulling over a hair. A floor lamp didn’t work. Would like a safety bolt on door.

Location, neighborhood restaurants and bars. Staff is superb!

Nice room with decent space.
    • Queen Room

The windows cannot be opened, so all the fresh air comes from the AC. The breakfast was a joke. Bagels , butter and tea/coffee.....

Nice room with decent space. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel is meters from the metro station, so you can go easy everywhere.

The plus side is that is close to Wrigley Field.
    • Queen Room

The fact that they charge you for every little thing. Their breakfast that they offer shouldn't even be considered a breakfast - cereal and bagels are NOT breakfast.

The plus side is that is close to Wrigley Field. It is an OK hotel but not for the price

very disappointing experience that cost too much for what we received
    • Queen Room

water pressure in shower was bad noise level from the train was bad had to pay and walk to a parking garage to load and unload bad tv signal the entire stay breakfast was weak I had a strange man approach me outside when I was talking with the parking patrol man and it was a very scary situation because the man was obviously on something and didn't know me but was making threatening comments to me. I did not feel safe at all and was quite scared.

Great in every way!
    • Queen Room

The hotel is beautiful! The location is great, the price is great. The hotel is beautiful inside, we love the modern feel. It's within walking distance to target, great pizza places and other restaurants, plus the el station is directly next door. It's probably 5 or 6 blocks from Wrigley Field which is a huge bonus for Cubs fans! I can't say enough good things about this place!

Loved the old hotel feel but very modern and comfortable.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

It would have been nice to have sausage and eggs for breakfast but was a good continental breakfast.

Loved the old hotel feel but very modern and comfortable. It was very close to the venue we went to.

Cute hotel room.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The elevator was claustrophobic and the view from our room wasn’t good.

Cute hotel room. It was a boutique feel and we loved that. The beds were comfortable too.

The ribes
    • Queen Room

To pricey for no good amenities dining area was to small, no microwave in room & even the dumps have that.. the room didn't match the price just the location will never return

The ribes

Unlimited access to free coffee all day.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast is a joke and includes only waffles and bagels and a variety of chemical and artificial spreads. When we arrived early, we wanted to check in. A lady on reception said that the room was already cleaned and available but to check in early, the 30 dollar fee is warranted. This is ridiculous.

Unlimited access to free coffee all day.

Always love this hotel and stay there every time I’m in...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I always reserve the same room and they always hold it for me. For whatever reason, this time they said they would hold it but when I checked in, they had just given it to someone else.

Always love this hotel and stay there every time I’m in Chicago overnight.

Too noisy to enjoy our stay.
    • Queen Room

Our room was butted up to the train station, the room was pretty small, there was construction right next to our room and between the train and construction there was constant loud, obnoxious noise our whole stay (except in the middle of the night). Not the most comfortable or relaxing stay. Probably won't be back.

They property was fully booked for the day we checked out but for $30 we were able to get a 2 pm late check out. The dark haired younger woman who was at the desk the day of our check out was very friendly and extremely helpful with all of our questions :)

If you have no other option
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The view was blocked by a cement wall and made the room look like a glorified prison cell. The beds were not comfortable and the shower was cold. I also asked if there was parking and they said yes here is a key fob. It was in the middle of me singing the receipt and I was told to sign another form for the fob. I was in a rush to hand it to the the person sitting outside so he could park the car and just signed it real quick. was never verbally told it would cost extra which it did. 160 dollars for one night was not worth it.

The hotel was clean and staff was nice.

I liked that the room was new and remodeled.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I liked that the room was new and remodeled. Everything was clean. They have very comfortable bed, pillows and robes! Clean bathroom which is very important! It had a bathtub as well! Very satisfied, probably will stay again!

There was an overnight manager on the night that we arrived...
    • King Suite

Had a view of a brick wall. Carpets felt greasy. Looked nothing like the pictures when I was booking the hotel. Parking garage attendant had a giant tattoo on her face and was smoking weed when we went to park the car Saturday evening. Overall for what I paid for this hotel it never came close to my expectations and I would never recommend others to stay here.

There was an overnight manager on the night that we arrived that was the best example of customer service that I have ever witnessed. He was the best part about the hotel. The location of the hotel was ideal for what we had planned.

What a great little hotel!
    • Queen Room

I stayed in deep winter. The rooms are steam heat, which makes it toasty warm but sometimes too hot and difficult to control. This problem was easily solved by turning the steam heat off in the bedroom and requesting a space heater which gave a better climate control. The only other downside for me was the shower. The bathrooms are really nice (great soap and shampoo!), but the water pressure sucks and takes forever to warm up without ever really getting hot (so much for hot baths). However, this is really a small price to pay for such a great place to stay.

The room was incredibly comfortable! The staff were always helpful, and being on the train side of the building was not loud or disruptive at all (really nice and soothing actually). The location is perfect; you have really easy access to both the red and brown line trains, a 24-hour diner across the street, and loads of great places to eat/drink/shop/have fun within a short walking distance. This is one of my favorite areas in the city to stay, and I can honestly say that I very much prefer this charming little hotel to trying to find an airbnb (which was not a good experience for me in Chicago). I definitely plan on staying here again!

Great except for breakfast. I don't think ill come back because of breakfast.
    • Queen Room

"Breakfast" was a nightmare. We went downstairs early that morning but everything was gone. Warm milk and cold coffee where the only things there besides am old muffin. Staff said they ran out of stock the day before. We only stayed 1 night and i relied on "breakfast provided" for my son and I. Terrible mistake, we went hungry for the 1st half of the day.

I liked the styling of the room; colors, etc.

City Suites Hotel is a fine find in Chicago.
    • Queen Room

Floors are a little squeaky. The lobby could be a bit more inviting.

Great neighborhood in Boystown, and very good value! Free breakfast, cookies, and fruit. All needs (stores, food, drink, gym, theatre, et al.) are within walking distance. Convenient to the Red line.

Great location, kind staff, cool decor...just an older building.
    • Queen Room

The radiator in the bathroom made a whistling noise, like a boiling tea kettle. I had to shut the bathroom door and turn on the fan, which was also loud but at least it drowned out the whistling sound.

they asked if I wanted to add chocolate covered strawberries...
    • Queen Room

The room was very very small

they asked if I wanted to add chocolate covered strawberries and champagne to my room and when I got there they said they couldn't do it

Fantastic little hotel, has it's flaws but can't complain
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Right outside the window was the El train, not much you can do about it but it was a little distracting. Wish they would have had a vending machine. The elevator is a little cramped.

It was quaint and cute, it had a lot of character. The room I had, it had a separate sitting space so I didn't have to watch TV in bed if I didn't want to. The snacks were cheap and the breakfast was great, expecailly because the breakfast was free. The beds were super comfy and the bath products they had smelled amazing, very mint and verbena, one of my favs. Amazing customer service. And the price for it is very reasonable. Great location, didn't feel too vulnerable while in the area, lots of great restaurants to eat at that weren't too overpriced.

Although the hotel is an old building, it is very well...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The hotel is in the process of being remodeled and there is also a large construction next to the hotel. I think they should warn that the hotel is in the process of remodeling the hotel post, since it was not pleasant to find this statement upon arrival and not know it.

Although the hotel is an old building, it is very well maintained, the room is very comfortable and they have a very good cleaning service.

Good location but should have compensated guests for dealing with construction/renovations.
    • Queen Room

Hotel was under construction/renovation during my visit. The lobby was a painting/construction zone where I had to step around workers, and the corridors were stripped of wallpaper, dingy, and musty. The room was nicely appointed and clean. However, the overall appearance of the hotel was entirely different from the online photos and especially the slick e-mail I received a few days before my arrival. It seems there should have been some accommodation made ny the hotel or staff to compensate for the inconvenience. I was greatly disappointed. My room overlooked the metro train platform and I couldn't keep my shades open without loss of privacy. The voice was an issue but I assume will be mitigated when the building under construction next door is finished. I believe the hotel will benefit from its renovations, but as of now it was not appropriate to charge full rate to guests who had to maneuver through the work and put up with sub-standard facilities.

Good location, close to metro.

The hotel feels like it was where they filmed American Horror Story.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The entire lobby is under construction, but no attempt whatsoever is made to make it feel even remotely pleasant. I'm talking plastic covers on the walls, ropes and weird stuff everywhere. It doesn't even look safe to be inside. The stairway was roped off on my floor with CAUTION tape, but the elevator can barely fit three people in it. Every step you make, the ground creaks. The entire hotel smells of dust and sadness. Every time I brought a friend inside the lobby, they were actually shocked at how bad it was. It's a great location but the entire hotel is comically gross. I will never in my life stay at the City Suites Hotel.

The room had a living room area, flat screen TVs, and a decent snack bar. There were also a couple of muffins available for breakfast in the Saddest Lobby on the Planet. The room is not too bad once you make it through the horrid lobby and hallway. It did smell weird however, as if the heater had been melting the carpet, and required a good air conditioning before feeling bearable and breathable.

Great location for nearby concerts, would stay again when their remodelling is finished.
    • King Suite

The building is under construction for remodeling which is hopefully great in the long run, but pretty messy right now. Also the front desk staff were nice, but never really paying attention so we always had to announce our presence to get their attention. The stairwells were closed because they had been painted and the elevator is the smallest one I've ever been in. We fit 4 adults but it was tight. Most of the concerns were due to the construction so when that's done I bet it's all fine.

The room had a lot of space and the snacks and mini bar were actually really well priced. We got home from a concert and I helped myself to a snack for less than $2 which is great. Check in and check out were quick and easy.

Chicago's Convenient Choice
    • Queen Room

- Breakfast was simple but had all the bare basics to get your day started.

- Location was ideal, only took 15-20mins to ride into downtown on the red line. - Super close to Wrigley Field by just being 1 stop on the red line from Belmont. - Front-desk staff were very welcoming and accommodating with directions etc.

Would stay again and recommend to others.
    • Queen Room

Great location within walking distance of various sites and transit right next to the hotel. Size of room was great for location and clean. Staff were helpful but not intrusive. Also, room was quiet for being right next to Red Line station - this is always a concern with city hotels near transit. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to others.

Nice rooms .
    • Queen Room

A bit noisy with squeaky floor boards on level above . Can hear every step your neighbours take. But other then that great sleep

Nice rooms .very comfy beds . Free breakfast . Fresh coffee and tea all day and night. Location was good .a lot around it .very close to train

Loved City Suites. Would stay there again
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The elevator but it's an old building, so nothing that can really be done about it. Lovely hotel, otherwise

Very accomadating, the room felt like a mini apartment and it was comforting.

Spacious value for money located right by transit
    • Queen Room

Strangely the TV defaulted to Fox News anytime it was turned on. Not sure what management was trying to tell me with that!

Spacious suite rooms at a good price and breakfast included. The Red Line is right next door to take you to any of the sights in town. Good selection of restaurants and nightlife in the Boystown and Lakeview area all in walking distance

Great first trip to Windy City.
    • Queen Room

Some strange clientele. Small room.

Right next to the subway. Best toiletries. Nice bath robes. Day staff very helpful with activity planning for time in the city.

It worked for my needs, but it is hard to recommend.
    • King Suite

Cooling system. No water pressure, and hot water ran out. Also my blouse was taken...hopefully by accident. The breakfast was pretty bad, too.

Being close to subway

The location is right by the train making it very easy to...
    • Queen Room

I liked everything I had a very peaceful stay

The location is right by the train making it very easy to get around. There are lot of restaurants and shops within walking distance

comme ci comme ca...
    • Queen Room

Staff was varied: some nice, good eye contact, and helpful; others were curt and/or laissez-faire.

Love the location. Next to Red Line train. Many good eats nearby as well as shopping and bars. Rooms vary greatly; this time felt small and cramped, and was right next to elevator which thought might be an issue, but it wasn't. Was hot in room, but with window A/C on high it did cool down. Parking is a plus: it's close and has in/out privileges.

Okay
    • Queen Room

I will say I was not thrilled to be awakened at 4:30 am by the staff person using a vacuum that sounded like a hydraulic cutting saw that was cutting through pavement .

I liked the proximity to public transportation and the proximity to restaurants and Wrigley field.

This place was awful and I can't believe it was that expensive.
    • Queen Room

The staff treated us veey poorly, one of them started staring down my girlfriend in the hallway and said weird stuff under his breath. They never mention the fact that you pay an extra $50 fee when you get there so that ruined some of our plans. The rooms are way too small and there's a window in the shower that allows people waiting for the el to watch you bathe

Nothing really. The posting for this place is super misleading.

One of the best hotel stays we've had.

The breakfast options.

We loved Marc, he was the desk clerk. He was the best part of our stay!!! He was so nice from the moment we arrived till the last minute we were there!!!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Great location. Easy access to train. Made us feel part of the community rather than just staying in a touristy hotel. Very comfortable. We had a suite and it gave our family of four more than enough space. Have recommended it numerous times since our visit.

loved the charm of the older, but totally clean and attractive hotel. reminded us of the Edison in
    • Queen Room

satisfied with everything for our one nite visit.

breakfast very satisfying to start the day. room overlooked train depot but I knew that, after all we were staying in Chicago, very convenient to Wrigley Field. thanks, great time. Desk manager, young man (can't remember his name) very cordial and helpful with directions, trains/buses to take etc.

Not much-but the staff was friendly
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Construction outside my room-very loud. No family friendly restaurants nearby. Only three people at a time could fit in the elevator.

Not much-but the staff was friendly

Very satisfied with location and price
    • Queen Room

The breakfast could've been better.

Very cute hotel. The rooms are updated but it is an older hotel. It was a 10 minute walk to Wrigley Field which was nice! The staff was friendly and helpful.

Good except for the elevator. Recommend taking the stairs.
    • Queen Room

Elevator was horrible. Limit of three persons and on our last day we were stuck in the elevator. We had to call the fire dept. from within the elevator to get us out. Manager on premise did not even apologize.

Location was quiet despite being so close to the El.

location is very close to the train station, hip area of...
    • Queen Room

Pictures misleading, the hotel corridor looks like from The Shining, dirty carpet, room was okay but very dark. We got a room towards the front of the hotel and it was loud at night, from people yelling, traffic, and trains. Breakfast meh, best option was probably the boxed cereals.

location is very close to the train station, hip area of Lakeviewwith lots of restaurants. Very friendly staff and personnel.

Great location especially if you don't have a car!
    • Queen Room

The parking situation was not easy or convenient. When checking out, the fob for the parking garage did not work. We had to call the front desk and they had us use a call button. It was not convenient.

Great location! The air conditioning was ice cold; loved our room.

It's a good location, but the rooms have some major problems.
    • Queen Room

On the 3rd night of our stay, I found a live adult bed bug on my pillow. It was too late to request a room change, but it made the rest of our stay very uncomfortable. I informed the reception clerk in the morning. He apologized sincerely, and refunded the room charge for our 3rd night. Also, the tiny room refrigerator was almost unusable, being totally filled with beverages to be sold.

The location was great for public transportation. The breakfast, and coffee & apples all day were quite good.

Felt like I was stepping back into a simpler time & was very pleased with how we were all treated.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Was a bit expensive, but I think the location being right next to the L plus walking distance to Wrigley with bars and restaurants along the way make it worth it. Was a little concerned about the security of the room doors. Looked like if someone wanted in, one good kick would do it. Other than that, the room was clean & the staff was excellent! No complaints.

First time I've been to Chicago. Son and I went to attend a couple of Cubs game with some lunatic Cubs fans I know from Iowa and Vegas. This hotel is so cool! Old school with plumbing upgrades that worked well. Very clean, and the coffee, even from a pump canister, was awesome!! And I've never stayed where they had an honor snack and beverage (including adult) refrigerator. You can rifle through the stuff to see what they have and not worry about getting a charge as there are no sensors. Just mark on the supplied card and submit at checkout. They just add it to your bill. The snack & beer prices were very reasonable!! This could become a yearly event for us to hit a couple Cubs games as we had a great time!! Fly into Midway and the L drops you right next door on Belmont. Couldn't be more convenient.

It was really great.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The light switch for the bedroom turned off the plug in near my bed so my phone didn't charge all night. It would have been nice to have this marked near the plug. Tub drained slow.

It was really great. Clean and the bed was comfortable - pillows were actually soft. Loved the robes.

Location Perfect and Comfy Space
    • King Suite

Halls were a bit dirty but the room and bathroom completely clean.

The room was great and very spacious. Quiet and good sleep was provided on nice beds. The anteroom with TV was perfect for my friends late night TV habits. An over a perfectly fine hotel and very happy with my stay.

Location was great for what we were there for.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Location was great for what we were there for. Good breakfast and coffee in the mornings and fresh baked cookies if you caught them in the afternoon. Very clean. Rooms were just a a bit smaller than we anticipated but we made it work. Staff was very nice and helpful unlike many of the establishments we visited on our weekend 😊

Location, Location, Location.
    • Queen Room

Location, Location, Location. Belmont stop on the L is 200 feet from the hotel. My son and I traveled to visit DePaul University while shopping on Michigan Ave. and then taking in a Cubs game at Wrigley. Car stayed in the garage (1 block away) until it was time to drive home. Perfect spot to experience the northern part of Chicago with easy access to downtown.

All in all it was a great place to stay with wonderful staff
    • Queen Room

The price was a lil high, but it was the 4th of July and in the Heart of the City... So it was expected

Awesome location. Great staff! A little pricy but well worth the stay!

Our stay at City Suites was very pleasant :-)
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Parking could have been closer, but we thought two blocks was reasonable because we walked to most our destinations.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I will be staying here on future trips to Chicago :-)

The Bed was very comfortable and the decorations were pretty.
    • Queen Room

The carpet in the hallways was a little dirty and the bathroom in my room was not as clean as I would have preferred.

The Bed was very comfortable and the decorations were pretty. Their front desk personnel was super friendly.

Location was great.
    • King Suite

I didn't like the parking. We had to drive around the block, park and walk quite a ways - it wasn't convenient at all. When we were leaving, we had to go get our car and then drive back to the hotel to go in and turn in the parking key. The hotel and parking was pretty pricey for what we got.

Location was great. We were within walking distance to all of the things we wanted to do. The rooms were clean, and the staff was nice.

It was a suite so nice to have the extra room.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The homeless issue around that area. Coming in the hotel bothering the people there. I have a 10 year old daughter. And that scared her.

It was a suite so nice to have the extra room.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

An honest City Suites review
    • Queen Room

Since the hotel is so close to the train, there are plenty of street people milling around. They are harmless. Since I was traveling alone, I was very aware of my surroundings, but still felt safe. One morning, I did find myself being followed by a shady character as I was walking to Starbucks. He wasn't a street person, just a troublemaker. I finally stopped and turned so I could tell him to leave me alone. He was caught off-guard and immediately crossed to the other side of the street, as he tried to tell me I was in his way. Yeah, me and the other twenty people on the sidewalk. Just be aware as you stroll, no matter what time it is.

A friend recommended this hotel, because it's so close to The Vic, which was my primary reason for being in Chicago. The hotel itself reminds me of some I stayed in during visits to Europe, including a tiny elevator that can only hold 3 people at a time. The staff is friendly and greets you, ready to help with any requests. The rooms are simple and comfortable, nothing fancy. My room faced Belmont, so I could hear the CTA trains and street activity, which is part of the charm of the location. I also learned that many musicians prefer the City Suites, because of its proximity to The Vic. I did meet a drummer from the band as I was waiting for a cab to go back to the airport. So that was cool. And I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Good but....
    • Queen Room

We stayed for 2 nights in the City Suites hotel. The rooms are large, spacious and clean - more like 1 bed apartments (minus the kitchen). Towels were supplied which was handy in our circumstance. There is a mini bar in the room and 2 TV's. The hotel is about a 1 minute walk from the nearest train station which takes about 30mins to get to the city centre. Breakfast is the usual. Overall it was nice however if I were to travel to Chicago again, I would probably look for something closer to the city centre as the commuting can be tiring after touring the city during the day or returning after a night out. This would of course be more expensive, I'm sure, but the pro's may outweigh the con's mentioned above.

Great Place, Great Price!

Nothing. It was great.

Hotel has been recently remodeled and updated. While the rooms are small, they have several amenities that make this place great. The area has lots of restaurants and is about 100ft from the red line subway stop. Very enjoyable stay. They also had cookies out in the afternoon!!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Comfortable and Convenient
    • Queen Room

They incorrectly charged me for valet and parking even though I took the train up. We sorted it out at checkout but it never should have happened, and it could have gone unnoticed.

Most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Also, the location was very convenient.

Loved our stay here.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was a joke. We chose to go somewhere and pay rather than eat microwave breakfast sandwiches.

Loved our stay here. Really liked that our room had 3 beds! Staff was very helpful and the room was very clean.

I'd stay there again because of the great location, but they have to do something about the window c
    • Queen Room

The window covering! The was one black shade and no curtain underneath. So, you either had to had the shade down the entire day for privacy or see or been seen by every form on the Belmont train platform. Also, the heat in the room was unbearable.

The location was great! The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

A Family Friendly hotel, at a reasonable price, hosted by Welcoming Staff in a perfect location!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Extra chair for family seating in the living area. A flip down chair would have worked so we could all watch TV in one area of the room.

The cost of the hotel that also included parking! It was conveniently located to all of our planned family activities. There were so many food choices within walking distance. We were hesitant at first since it only had 2 full size beds for a family of 4 . . . but the pull out bed worked perfect. We enjoyed the lobby to play a family board game while we snacked on freshly baked cookies that the staff prepared. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, too!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room

Parking was a block away. Old building, odd smell. Radiator (water pipes) hear woke us up, were noisy, and we didn't know how to work the old fashioned thermometer, so we were very hot. Tv didn't have many channels and it was an old slow functioning tv. Floors were thin, I could hear the people above us easily when they were walking around at night.

Location near Briar Street Theater. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Awesome Location!
    • King Suite

Some parts of hotel could use some updating

Hotel was very conveniently located! Steps away from restaurants and nightlight. Just a 10 minute ride from downtown

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Great location!
    • Queen Room

Despite the elevator and corridors being horrible. I don't have any complaint about this hotel.

Location is great! the hotel is nice and offers a good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

A heart of the city gem.
    • Queen Room

The linens were cleaned with a very strong solvent that I was highly allergic to, making it very difficult to sleep.

I loved the location & the basic amenities, I.e. shampoo, lotion, etc.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Great Location
    • Queen Room

There was a mixup with our room when we checked in and we were put in a single instead of a double. The hotel staff let us switch the next morning and gave us a discount for the mixup. The room was very hot and we checked in but we were able to open a small window in the bathroom and there are also fans in the room so that helps cool it down.

Excellent location. Right next-door to the train and lots of restaurants nearby. 24 hour café across the street. Rooms were very clean and beds were super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Convenient to family we were visiting
    • King Suite

I had no idea breakfast was served. No signs to say where to get it or times when served. Was not told by staff when we checked in.

Convenient to family we were visiting

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Friendly and comfortable
    • Queen Room

The carpet in the third floor really needs replacing, but renovations are under way as we speak.

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and we got a free upgrade to a larger room. The location of the hotel next to public transport was just what we wanted. Everything we wanted to visit was easy to get to.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Check everything in your room before you unpack
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The air-conditioner would not even turn on in the bedroom the alarm clock that you attach your iPhone to did not work the ceiling fan would only come on if you kept the ceiling light on and it was 100° in my room

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Check before you stay
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Wi-Fi wasn't working neither the elevator. They could have lowered the price for those non working facilities. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Also snacks and drinks ain't free you have to buy.

Very clean

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

The location was good and the bed was extra comfy.
    • Queen Room

I didn't like the fact that, you could hear the steps on the hallway of every single person that walked by and the breakfast was very limited.

The location was good and the bed was extra comfy. Also, the room was always clean once I got back and the hot water on a cold day was perfect.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Not bad.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

the strong perfume in the entrance is very strong and made me sneeze and the same smell in the elevator. The room was soo cold and my kids has to wear long sleeve and socks. They could of cover the air that coming from outside through the air conditon unit. What I did is cover the unit with towel. If you have rented a car this hotel charge extra $22 per day for the parking

bed and room was ok

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

I HAD A GREAT STAY AT THE CITY SUITES HOTEL
    • King Suite

The building is old and needs a little sprucing up but what it may lack in updated style it definitely makes up for it with their staff who made my stay welcoming and exceptional from the moment I arrived. My flight arrived at noon in Chicago and when I got to the hotel, before check-in time the room was already done and ready for me and Basanta could not have been nicer or more accommodating. When I got to the 4th floor Eva the housekeeper for the 4th floor introduced herself and told me to let her know if I needed anything. Being such a small hotel it was refreshing to have such personal service the entire time I was there. Even at checkout Jackie at the front desk was happy to store my bags as I went out to run a few errands before my flight. From the moment I got there to the moment I left the entire staff was exceptional. Each and every one of them. Thank You for a Great Stay!