Reviews of Hampton Inn Miami Beach 3 stars

1700 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#19 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Pool a bit small - not big enough for swimming but good for cooling off/chilling after a busy day exploring Miami. Sitting area round the pool - very comfortable

Location excellent! Friendly staff. Breakfast and access to drinks fantastic. Room clean. Bed comfortable. Good to have a safe in the room. Parking 7 mins walk away if you don't want to use the valet option.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Parking. We rented a large extended length Suburban to accommodate our group and with that size vehicle, I wasn't comfortable sending the truck through Valet parking. The property has no lot (none do in that area) so we utilized the public parking structure that was about 4 blocks away. We walked back and forth a few times for a one night stay!

The staff was the friendliest ever while being the most professional. Traveling with a group of 8 including an infant was a stressful trip but the staff made every detail of our stay the best! They accommodated every aspect of our needs completely. Jackie was the BEST front desk person! Very cheerful and always smiling! We truly had the greatest experience!

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were amazing. Very helpful and Martin made the best cocktails! We were made to feel very at home. The beds were super comfy too. Overall it made our trip to Miami!

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Pool closes at 8pm. No microwave or mini refrigerator in room. Valet situation is not the best. 30 minutes to wait for your vehicle on average. Also when it near check out time. Expect to wait longer. I advise you call an hour ahead prior to check out. 40 bucks valet but it is the norms in the area.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Thought by the pictures it was on beach which is why I picked it. Guess I need to look better.

Very nice people, clean, pool was great, but I thought it was on the beach by the picture. But very close to everything. Very cool area. Breakfast was free so won’t complain.

• 1 Queen Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Only the front desk staff were present, no additional staff were around to assist persons who may have a lot of luggage or other issues that may require assistance

This is an excellent place to stay. The location is ideal and the front desk staff were very helpful and polite. The breakfast was good.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

My room had an awful view....but I booked thru Expedia and should have thru Hampton. I also missed out on my hilton honors points....

I love staying at Hampton Inns because I know I will get a certain level of service. I loved this property because it was right in the middle of the action an I could walk practically anywhere to eat, shop and party. The free breakfast and coffee 24/7 is always a good deal too!

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Rooms are small and the streets around are quite noisy, due to high traffic in the area and the VERY thin walls. The traffic noise would go away around midnight, but if you are unlucky with noisy neighbours , you may not sleep at all!

The property is located very close to beach and to the nice part of Miami South Beach - 2 minutes from Lincoln Rd. Staff is very pleasant, except for the cleaners who will give you scornful looks when passing them in the corridors or lobby. Breakfast is limited, but enough.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Just the size of the room for the price. I've paid less at other destinations & had much bigger rooms.

The room was in a quiet area in the back, but a bit small for the price. Maybe this was a good price for the area. Great location, 3 minute walk to the beach. The hotel staff was exceptional, friendly, helpful, they went above & beyond there duties.

• 1 Queen Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms extremely small. The staff were kind but things you asked for in advance appeared not to be a problem until you get there then they state "we said we will try"

The location and great hot water😂

No entertainment on site

Small Hotel in prime location. It was very clean. Had a very small pool on the roof. Provided a nice breakfast for free every morning.

Parking cost.

Diamond in the rough. Sit on the front porch with your favorite beverage, people watching. Breakfast was better than others we have had. Very clean. Only drawback was parking cost at $40/day. Concierge was most helpful. Close to everything, beach, shopping, rest., parks.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

The room was super small, the food quality was terrible. We were told that the double beds were queen size but they slept and appeared to be full size beds.

The staff was very pleasant though, the bartenders are excellent!

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is very expensive at the hotel and the alternative parking is too far when you have more than 1 piece of luggage.

The room and hotel was very clean. The breakfast was good. The staff was amazingly nice and prompt with their service. It truly is in the heart of where everything is located. What I loved is that even though it was busy outside (24 hours a day) we never heard any of it in our room. I would recommend this property at South Beach to everyone. Loved the front porch! I would start my day with breakfast and end my day with a cocktail on the porch. I promise,you will not be disappointed if you select to stay here.

• 1 Queen Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small in size but comfortable and did the job. Unfortunately we weren’t able to get a late check out but there was showers up by the pool area on rooftop

Very comfortable stay bed was very comfy and lovely pool area with great views. Staff came up and asked if we were happy with our stay and were very friendly and helpful

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The hotel was perfect just what we expected and the free breakfast was perfect ! They were very nice and kept out bags even after check out because our flight wasn’t until late and let us still use the pool !

• King Room- Non-Smoking

South beach was full of spring breakers when we were there

Location and room was great. Helpful staff. After we checked out we could still use the hotel facilities for the day. Also provide towels for the beach

• King Room City View - Non-Smoking

There is no small fridge in the room, which could be good to keep drinks fresh.

All the staff was really kind and friendly; the hotel is really close to the beach and the complementary breakfast was highly appreciated.

• King Room City View - Non-Smoking

Nice clean hotel that was recently renovated. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We also loved watching the action from the front covered porch. We had a late flight and they allowed a late check out.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poor. Staff were surprised when told the breakfast was inedible. Every one who had chosen the eggs were just throwing them away. Receptionists were nonchalant and a little grumpy.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

The rom was a little bit dark, the view towards the wall of the building beside the hotel( didn't matter that much as we spent most of our time outside). I would have appreciated a small fridge.

The receptionists were very efficient and friendly, specially Yackie, Angie and Julio. The breakfast was good but I did miss to have some vegetables, like sliced tomatoes. But the fruit salad was perfect. Good coffee!! The beds were comfortable. Just 1 block to get to the beach and 1 block to get to Lincoln Street. So very good location! Not far to Ocean Drive. The size of the room was ok. A couple of blocks down on 17th Street there is a parking house were you pay much less to park the car. I payed 15 US to park during 1 night.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

bathroom was kinda small "butt" im a big guy.

Location Location Location. close to beach. close to restaurants. close to everything. right smack in the middle of south beach. included breakfast was nice. shuttles and bus stop right in front of hotel. nice great big front porch with chairs to sit on. staff was nice. highly recommend for the price. stay was 12/23/17 to 12/30/17

• King Room City View - Non-Smoking

We had problems with the room above us (our room = 202, room above = 302) that had very creaky floor. We woke up several times at night when the persons above us was walking. This must be fixed. We have informed the staff about this. I'm not sure if they change the sheets every day. Vacuuming of the floor could have been better. Last year when we stayed here there was problem with the cleaners that didn't clean our room every day. This year they cleaned the room every day. The rooms are pretty responsive. A refrigerator would have been nice in the room. And one last thing, the image attached is from the breakfast area and shows one of the curtains that I think needs to be cleaned.

Great hotel near South Beach. The location, breakfast, pool area, wifi, and staff is very good. The hotel is just 100 meters from South beach and just beside Collins Ave. Friendly staff at the hotel. Be prepared to wear earplugs because the hotel is in the middle of South Beach with Collins Ave just beside. There's a porch outside the hotel where you can sit down and rest looking out at Collins Ave. There is free coffee and tea in the reception. There is a great pool area on the roof of the hotel with great view. There you find a pool, sunbeds and couches. The breakfast has oatmeal, egg, fruit milk, youghurt etc. I especially like the oatmeal. You can borrow towels from the reception. It's the second time we stay here and we like the hotel very much even if there are some improvements to make.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

It is a old hotel renovated and it shows in some places. Rooms are very small. Narrow hallways. Ok for one or two nights stay though if your primary intent is to spend most time on the beach.

Update to my earlier post for this hotel (miami beach). The content was for hampton downtown and not this one. For this one (MIAMI BEACH), it is One block away from beach. Hotel gave us towels and discounts on umbrella / chair rental. Breakfast was standard and good quality though the eating area was small.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I personally didn't like the interior design much, seemed cheerful but a bit outdated, elevator was making noisy sounds.

nice breakfast, very close to the centre of South beach, but not noisy.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Only one thing: Rooms need to have fridges.

We like lots of things in this hotel, this was our second stay. Location is perfect, staff great, comfy room, free coffee 24/7 a must, pool and pool chairs better than other hotels, bathroom with extra towels all the time, Neutrogena products. In-room safe. Noise-proof windows. Nice open air lobby area. Good breakfast.

• King Room City View - Non-Smoking

Poor customer service, the room was not ready until 2 hs later after check in! They saw us sitting across the front desk and they would not check on us. We had to insist to get our room. Poor service, bad staff

• Queen Room- Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

I didn't like the front desk rep the first night.very rude and disrespectful.we called looking for directions and he was extremely unprofessional.later when finally we find the way .His arrogant actitud was worse.There was another rep a younger men.He was looking at him like hey stop .And he was trying to talk to us about the flight and stuff .The young men really try to compensate the terrible customer service we where getting from his coworker. .was hard to find the hotel .Hard to park .expensive parking.Rve ac unit had a blue light really annoying.rooms super small .in general we didn't feel like the hotel have the regular quality standards you normally find on a Hilton hotel .

Breakfast was great .the bed was really confortable.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Every time we went out and went in it seemed staff and security was suspicious. I appreciate the security of the building but it made me a little uncomfortable. Other hotels seem to be able to do this without being so obvious. Also the eggs were not that good. They were watery and weird textured as if they can from powder. I picked the hotel mainly because of breakfast but was disappointed (except for waffles). I found out that I could have bought better looking breakfasts around the corner for 595. It would have been a better value. Also kings size bed was small and hard.

The waffles were good. Also all the free coffee. I liked that the lobby had a live DJ.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast- no bacon, could have been better.

I really enjoyed the staff and convenience. Check in/out was convenient. The hotel made accommodations to get back to the airport.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

we did not have a possibility to use hotel umbrella & beds on the beach, poor choice of breakfest, area for dinning could be better organized

in the centre of Miami Beach, close to Lincoln str, very comfortable bed, nice bathroom

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Slow elevator (my brother actually got stuck in it on the last day), breakfast were very crowded, rooftop pool very small, thin walls, you can hear people taking shower in the room next door, but then again who sleeps a lot in Miami :)

Very clean, amazing location, comfortable bed, fast wi-fi, good AC in the room, helpful staff, good coffee, amazing terrace, quite cheap

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The fact that Parking wasn't on the property & was charged Differently from hotel? "however" it all worked out great and we were happy <3

everything was perfect i enjoyed my stay and so did my family .... the staff was awesome the breakfast was great , the rooms & service were over the top 100% .... P.S Roseann & Gina were amazing <3

• King Room- Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

- 3 people at the front desk when I checked in: one busy with another customer, the other two discussing between themselves and did not even looked up or asked if they could be helpful... Other than this, the rest of the personnel was very helpful and friendly. - Walls are thin, you can hear people talk in the room next door.

Great location, reasonable price, breakfast included.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

The valet can be very pricey No refrigerator in the room for leftovers Pool is on the small side if your traveling with family of 5.

There was a decent breakfast. There was a bar downstairs The location was very clean Staff was very friendly Very short walk to beach

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The location was fantastic. On the edge of South Beach so not noisy at all, but within walking distance to the South Beach attractions. Lincoln Mall and the beautiful beach all within a couple of minutes' walk. The breakfast was great too.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like How small the rooms are, online the rooms looked way larger with sofa bed inside. I didn't have a sofa bed and the room was extremely small

I love that the hotel had a bar

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Very clean rooms. Excellent location. The outside sitting area and the all time coffee bar was a delight. They provide beach towels also. The breakfast is also good and my kids really enjoyed the waffles. Carlos at front desk was exceptional.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't have a airpirt shuttle service.....

The staff was so welcoming, even with the crazy memorial day crowds, they made the stay refreshing... Breakfast was great, and the hotel bar was very inexpensive... Our bartender Martin made our stay over the top!!!1 block walk to the beach...

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel looks good outside but inside you can feel the passage of time. Walls are not soundproofing so in the room you can hear almost everything what is happening in the rooms next door or corridor (very bad experience especially at night). Breakfast was included in the price, however was very poor (it's better to eat something outside the hotel).

Very nice location (5 min walk to the beach). Friendly and helpful staff. Room itself was comfortable and clean. Free coffee, tea and water in the lobby anytime.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Pool was smaller than it looks in the photos

Clean hotel, great location, across the street from the beach and just a few minutes walk from Lincoln road mall.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• King Room City View - Non-Smoking

Breakfast facilities need renewal Quality of food also need be upgraded

Beautiful room and bed - Large Shower - Good Toiletries products - Very quiet rooms Nice staff

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The hotel was a little noisy, pool and breakfast area small but great amenities to have.

Excellent and very helpful staff. So willing to help with any request made. The rooms were small but super clean!! One block from beach and everything is just a short walk away.

I like how the staff was friendly never had to wait for anything you asked and they was right there getting what was needed..friendly atmosphere and nightlife was right before your eyes sitting out front watching everyone walking by..it was a great experience

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Breakfast - having plastic cutlery & paper plates (with recycle written in bold on them but then chucked in with all the other rubbish...) just made the hotel seem cheap.

The room was modern & clean so no complaints.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I like their location and their clean rooms as well as their nice staffs. Their complimentary breakfast is decent. The hotel looks modern and its peaceful too.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

We like the location as it was so easy to get around using public transit and taxis. One block to the beach, one block to Lincoln Road. A great verandah you can sit and people watch.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• King Room- Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Breakfast was on a paper plate with plastic knives and forks - Really?!? An exercise room would be nice.

Location was great. Hotel was clean and room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Because the valet parking is not at the premises it takes around half an hour to get your car

You cannot find a better place in Miami Beach it in the middle of everything ,,, The staff were excellent and very friendly at extremely helpful

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• King Room- Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Breakfast was below average.

Location of the hotel and the patio in front was exellant. Some of the staff (especially Ms Roxana Mendes Bravo) was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• King Room City View - Non-Smoking

Nothing to be noted here. Just a perfect stay!

Staff reassured by phone call if I was happy and satisfied with my room! My son was specially welcomed with a little treat. We both liked it! They really deserve 9.0!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Roof-top pool & deck were perfect for tanning & relaxing.Large covered porch at front to have a drink & watch the world pass by. Great breakfast included. 5 minute walk to the beach. Staff were all wonderful.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

For the cost the hotel could be better: bar small, no bar on the rooftop, breakfast very basic; plastic dishes and cutlery which needed to be cleaned up by us, weak shower, overpriced valet which needs 30mins notice to get car

Comfortable room

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The front desk personnel were terrific, especially Nairobi. Outstanding effort and hospitality. Nicely appointed, cozy room. Love the terrazzo floor in lobby.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are really small for a family with 2 kids.

Perfect location, very friendly personnel and good breakfast. Tea - coffee facilities in the lobby, clean and quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Queen Room- Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Happy hour was disappointing- no wine nor beer and they were overpriced- plus 18% gratuity for a barman who was only (I presume) standing in from another area.

Excellent location, friendly staff. Rooms a bit small but standard for the older hotels of that area. Everything worked fine.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Poor breakfast served in a lobby (not enough seats). No fridge in a room.

Staff really friendly. We came early and they checked us in at 10 am. Perfect localization, close to a beach (they provide discount coupons for sunbeds and sunshads) and not far away from Ocean Drive.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was nice, but it could definitely be better. The elevator didn't work when we were there.

We had a very pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn. The location was perfect, and the staff were incredibly friendly. The room was a bit on the small side, but it was comfortable. The wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Not wheel chair and stroller friendly nor when you are travelling with a lot of baggage. The first floor access is via 6 or 7 steep steps and need to climb a few steps to the lobby as well.

Great location, just a short walk to Miami Beach and Lincoln Street. Modern rooms. Comfortable bed. The best is the pleasant, helpful and courteous staff! They were amazing!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

See above

This is an excelent hotel in great spot staff were very helpful ,rooms very clean ,great pool & facilities ,good breakfast only downside is parking but we found an option 1 street behind although expensive . Would certainly recommend this hotel & a big thank you to staff for there efforts

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was exceptional, everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to valet was top-notch! I would return based on the staff alone-they made our stay worry free. The hotel was in a wonderful location close to everything, beach, restaurants, nightlife, people watching, and shopping. Our room was clean when we arrived and housekeeping kept it clean and fresh everyday throughout our stay. The breakfast was always hot and options plenty. We also enjoyed the coffee/teas available all day. The terrance pool was relaxing and clean, lots of places to lounge and a convenient bathroom/shower by the pool. The hotel was updated, clean and welcoming. Our stay was wonderful. I can't really think of anything they should do differently. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

It was a good experience. The room was kind of small but everythinng else being great made that no problem.

It was a very clean hotel that had a memorable nice smell. The room was very clean and comfortable as well as the bed was extremly comfortable. The staff was more than friendly and even though we made it to the hotel many hours before check in they made a room avaialbe for us immediately. Awesome, quiet, and very conveient hotel to everything. Would stay there again when visiting south beach. More than worth the money.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

No shuttle from and to airport which is a bit costly

The staff were extremely helpful and cheerful , location is superb 2 mnts walk to the beach and close to the shopping areas , very convenient

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

I loved it! Everyone and I mean everyone was super nice the location was great the breakfast in the morning was excellent and it was close to everything. This was the best choice I could have made for the price I paid. I would go back again

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• King Room City View - Non-Smoking

More information on the great facilities they have

Friendly staff , great breakfast , amazing room . Location was perfect for tourist. From start to finish they were a great service .would highly recommend . Great use of free 24 coffee and tea facilities .

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Fantastic hotel with a splendid location a three minute walk from the beach and not much longer to Ocean Drive but still very peaceful and perfect for a relaxing SoBe visit. Excellent and fridendly staff and a roof top pool with a premium view.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The hotel is in an excellent location, it’s clean and everything is like new the buffet breakfast is amazing

plastic tableware

Perfect location

Bathroom door wouldnt close

Pool

No view from room

Location of hotel was great

• Queen Room- Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Could use a comfortable chair in the room.

Lots of outlets for phones, etc., comfortable beds, close to beach, excellent breakfast and tables outside.

All great.

I loved it all, great location too!!!

• 1 Queen Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Great location closed to Lincoln Street and to the beach. Free coffee, tea and water all day. Airport shuttle and bus stop in front of the hotel.

• 2 Queen Beds Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not so good but did not differ much from typical American hotel breakfast

Very comfortable beds. Great personel and location

Browse Hampton Inn Miami Beach traveller photo gallery