Reviews of Quality Inn Phoenix Airport 3 stars

5121 East La Puente Avenue, Ahwatukee Foothills, Phoenix, AZ 85044, USA

#64 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

The AC is noisy. The hot tub had a very high temperature.

Access to the airport and outlets is easy. The breakfast is varied. Comfy bed. Pool is ok, I enjoyed it at the end of the afternoon, Refrigerator, Microwave and Iron were a nice bonus. Wifi is good.

Pool was not clean in morning to go in after 9 am,hot tub wasn’t working at all,phone didn’t,t work in room to call desk

Location,breakfast,quiet,comfortable beds,fridge,tv

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately they don't have plant based mylk, so I had to buy one for my coffee, which is not really a big issue. Don't have strong WiFi signal 📶 in Reception/breakfast area.

Room was nice, comfy bed, microwave, fridge, coffee/tea. We liked the pool, hot tub ♨, gym. Free parking. Free Wi-Fi. Free hot breakfast. Friendly staff too, in particular Jacob at Reception is quite funny! Overall, it's a nice hotel in a quiet area away from busy downtown so good for relaxing, with few shops and restaurants close by. I definitely recommend to all!

The gym was tiny and the machine for weights was broken so all you could do was cardio. The pull itself was dirty when we went so we didn’t stay in it for long.

I woke in the middle of the night to find a cockroach on the bed crawling toward my face. The shower head leaked so badly that we closed the door to mute the sound. I didn’t call Jake because he was already so overwhelmed alone at the front desk. With the hustle in the morning to catch the shuttle I forgot to tell the person on duty in the morning.

Jake was on duty at the counter that night. The AAflight we were on arrived over 2 hours late. Most of the people on that flight missed their connections. The shuttle was picking up dropping off and turning around to do the same over again. Jake was amazing juggling check ins and a multitude of people calling for directions to the shuttle pickup. He was friendly and courteous to all. Everyone in line was in awe of how he handled himself.

Read my note above!

I reserved a 2 bed room online and was given 3 one bed rooms. The first room the key card wouldn’t open the door. The second room the TV would only change volume was stuck on one channel. When I returned to the front desk after the I couldn’t get in the room, the lady at the front desk said she “didn’t want to see me again tonight”. Seriously! They were the ones not providing me with a 2 bed room and they were the ones giving me rooms that had a TV that wouldn’t change channels and a keycard that wouldn’t open the door!!!

To many people smoking in the pool area, very unpleasant to have to tolerate people smoking in pool area, etc. No smoking signs around, yet still had to smell others smoke.

Breakfast great, Pool, hot tub good, bed comfortable

Everything was good but its wifi. There was no wifi in the rooms, not even for Whatsapp. I hope they improve it soon! Pool could be cleaned a little more and furniture there could be renovated too.

Cool hotel with extra comfy bed, varied breakfast a nice pool. The staff was very nice to us and they recommed us multiple places to eat and shop.

The breakfast area was well laid out, easy to get a seat, lots of room to serve all customers,places to sit outside. Bathroom was clean and updated. airport shuttle was convenient. Staff were helpful.

IT stated on line that it was newly renovated!! The carpet was dirty and the bathroom walls were disgusting!! OH and the painting job was least to be desired!

The beds were comfortable

The check in person wasn't very friendly. But all the other staff were very nice.

The breakfast was a good breakfast. Something for everyone. Eggs, sausage, waffles, yoghurt, cereal. Fitness Room was a plus, as was the pool. Neighborhood safe to walk around. Free airport shuttle.

The motel seems older however the rooms are very nice and the beds were super comfy! The breakfast is traditional with eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, waffles, etc. exceeds expectation more than other motels that offer cold breakfast. I would definitely recommend this motel. It is super convenient to shopping and other places and very close to the airport.

I didn't like breakfast ! Far away from the city

Spacious, clean rooms. Great hotel outside the city, great id you want to spend a night and drive on

The service, the false advertising about their shuttle service, the amenities in the room (my hair dryer didn't work and they wouldn't even bring me another one), and unclear charges I'm having to dispute.

That the vending machine took more money from my card that I allowed it to. I don’t ever use my card but it was last min and I need some water but it over charged me.

The breakfast was great and way more than I expected. My mom loves breakfast that’s the reason why I chose this hotel and she loved it. The beds were very comfortable and loved that there was a fridge and microwave it was perfect!

I would have liked bigger sized fluffy pillows, they were a bit small.

I really liked the location close to shopping area, post office, restaurants, freeway,ice available, peaceful nights rest, loved it!

Front desk service was very poor, except for one outstanding person, ERIN, she was a star. I witnessed multiple incidents of the front desk people being unconcerned, slow and inattentive.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

No safety bars in bathtub, our room was not cleaned thoroughly (wastebaskets were not emptied, no towels were left one day, toiletries not always replaced, burned out lightbulb, door lock was coming off.)

The pool was nice.

Breakfast is AWESOME! Scramble eggs, sausage, salsa, baked potatoes, bagels with cream cheese and honey, so many juices, coffee, yogurt... Room is clean and very well equipped. Big microwave.

had to kick the door to get it to open bathroom VERY small & poor repairs obvious problem with reservation-not sure whose fault

location good comfortable bed

Everything was good

The property was in good condition the rooms are kept clean and we really enjoyed the pool the staff is friendly and there was plenty of restaurants nearby also a Walmart which was good because it was a long stay for the price this was a excellent hotel

The desk clerk only listed two of our friends taking the airport shuttle. Because of that, one had to stay behind. Luckily, the morning desk clerk arranged a taxi to take her to the airport.

Excellent breakfast!

Being double charged and no one being able to tell me why. My family and I could not eat breakfast due to an extremely large group of college kids. Our room was never cleaned even after I asked the to do so. Our air conditioning went out. Nightmare trip for my kids and wife.

Absolutely nothing

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

We were there for spring training. We left early in the a.m. and returned in the evening. The last day of our stay, we returned to a room that hadn’t been cleaned!! The best the staff could do was give us fresh towels. Disappointing and unacceptable for our last day!

The room was good, and food was standard. The staff was great!

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The hotel looks better on the pictures than in reality. Grumpy/greasy person when checking in. Walls and floors seem to be a bit thin, judging by sounds from adjacent rooms, and galleries. Breakfast could be a bit more varied/fresh.

Vicinity to PHX Skyharbor Airport. Quite large rooms.

Front desk agent did not belong at front of house. He was to the point with his check in instructions, as if reading from a script, not friendly or welcoming and told me if I had any questions, to go online. Pool furniture very disheveled and not very clean.

Very inexpensive rate for clean room, considered airport hotel with free shuttle.

It was farther from the airport than I expected, and I would have liked a heads up that I needed to call in advance for a shuttle from the airport.

Great waffle makers at the serve yourself breakfast.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Some residents were noisy. Television wouldn't come on. Bathroom needs a ventilation fan.

The room was nice. The complimentary breakfast was excellent.

Rooms installation not good, I do not like hotels with room exposed to exterior. In the room the furniture and other amenities seems old. No shutter available on the lobby to help with the luggage. I will not come back and I will tell to my colleagues think twice before chose this.

Staff from the lobby very focussed

Rooms were ok but the corridors in the outer space were dirty. When we arrived - staff was not very friendly, though this changed later by a ifferent member of the staff whicn was very attentive (Jake). If you plan on seeing Phoenix - this is not the best location (10-15 min drive to downtown)

Breakfast was great.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

No shuttle pick up from airport! Main reason I booked there. Didn't know how far from airport. Called Quality In Airport???????? Cost me $35 for a cab! When I phoned to ask for shuttle she says they have changed times--not available! REALLY!!!!

Breakfast was good.

I think I expected too much after I read the reviews on TripAdvisor. I realize the prices of accomodation in Phoenix are pretty high and this was a budget hotel. With that being said I wish I would have paid a bit more and stayed at a nicer facility. This facility was worn out on the inside and outside. ( I did notice the manager was trying very hard to make updates while we were there, we only stayed one night). Our room was dirty upon checking in. I called to report the room and was put on hold for a long time. I finally hung up (the telephone was heavily soiled) and went to the front desk to let them know. They told me the room had been cleaned, but that they would change the bedding again. There was bodily fluid on the comforter, as well as lipstick on one of the pillowcases and yellow stains on the fitted sheet. The other bed (it was a two queen bed room) had wrinkled sheets that tells me the bed had been made after someone had used the sheets. (Purely my assumption, not a fact) The beds were remade with different outer bedspreads but the bed with the yellow stains; the sheets were still the same. We just didn't sleep in that bed. So we felt a bit sickened by that experience. The bathroom was old and well used I couldn't determine which was stain, dirt or just worn. We wore shoes around inside the room, again not sure but the carpet looked super dirty, but possibly it was just very worn. The cushions on the chairs, and loungers at poolside were coming apart, worn and dirty. We just didn't use the cushions and put a towel down, no problem there. We didn't go to breakfast the next morning because of all of the other issues, we didn't want to chance it. We did not enjoy our stay, we won't be back, but again: We should have just booked a more expensive hotel. You get what you pay for.

The pool was clean. The air conditioning was cold. Ample parking. The breakfast area was clean and orderly. (We did not partake in breakfast during our stay) Good location.

The hotel was a little older. When got to room door wasn't closed. You had to make sure door closed properly to engage lock. Room smelled like raid bug spray. Blankets had a weird smell to them. Outlets where missing face plates. Room even though seemed surface clean didn't seem clean. Toilet wouldn't flush right. to be honest i thought i reserved a room at the La Quinta Inn. not sure that would of been any better.

It was close to restaurants and Imax. Young lady at the counter was friendly but was engaged in conversation with other employees at the same time.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

When checking-in the hotel employee could not find our reservation. That was after taking my license and confirmation number. She said it had happened with several other Booking.com customers, but she had no rooms to give (fully booked). Freaked us out a bit. We called Booking.com, they confirmed they sent and confirmed the reservation. They called the hotel for us and another employee found it just fine... I hope the other customer's did the same. Really bad 1st impression at the hotel. Stay was otherwise good, although they ran out of plates, forks and items at breakfast - was a bit chaotic so we ate out the 2nd day.

Comfy bed.

Can’t think of anything I didn’t like.

Excellent location near Angela Spring Training stadium and great restaurants. Front desk and maintenance very helpful and quick to respond when our room keys didn’t work. Beautiful pool. Clean comfortable bed. Not a fancy hotel but an excellent choice if you’re on a bit of a budget.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Only one elevator in 4 stories. Very inconvenient. Only one luggage cart available. Limited privacy in lavatory (sink) area. Only one arm chair. Room for 2. Brighter reading lighting. Tub area had no shelving or soap area.

Location. Size of room. Staff.

The toilet was lower than a standard toilet. It was like a 1st grader’s height. There was nothing to hold onto to get up since there is a shower and no tub.

Great breakfast.

We didn’t expect much when we booked so it wasn’t a huge disappointment. It was clean and the staff was great. So that made the stay a success. The sheets were scratchy and there seemed to be some tailgating in the parking lot, which was weird! 😝

The staff was very nice and the breakfast was convenient.

The carpet in our room was completely disgusting so badd 1 walk through the room and your feet or slippers would be black. The girl the front desk was very kind and offered back a 20.00 credit however still don't feel this was sufficient enough considering how severe it was.

Everything was perfect other than that breakfast was good, staff was amazing, amazing pool, Great location

Couldn't get the wifi to work. Sign-in page came up once or twice, but wasn't able to sign in using the info provided on my iPad Pro.

didn't try the breakfast. Room was okay. Found the layout a bit confusing, but then I arrived pretty tired.

Sheets dirty/stained loud you can hear the neighboring door open/close the maids could careless if guest are asleep they slam doors, stand in front of your door talking. Breakfast area all the main items eggs, waffles, sausage, syrup all bunched on same wall hard to access when busy.....but most of all it stated quality inn airport this hotel is not by the airport

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Our 2 year old grandson opened the microwave that had a full cup of tea with tea bag left by previous guest and spilled it everywhere.

Location was good close to everything we were looking for.

The layout of the breakfast area is frenzied. Also another toaster or two would be realistic. One just is not enough for 50+ people at one time. Move the cutlery and napkins to the end of the line after the juice and coffee. Also move the waffle machine to a separate space ie where the ice water now is....if you did just these two things the congestion would disappear from the middle of the line and flow more smoothly.

Beds were comfy and staff were welcoming and always helpful.

The room was a little small for 3 adults. Last year there were only two of us. I was a little disappointed that the stairwells seemed to be less clean this year, and I didn't like the new policy of only changing the linens every 3rd day unless you ask for it to be done more often. We asked for daily service and got it.

This hotel is a good bet for the money. This was our second year in a row staying there. I appreciate the breakfast, the jacuzzi and the pool.

Breakfast was very basic and underwhelming. Property is beginning to get run down and is not being maintained well enough. Room was dirty, carpet was filthy, hot water was warm at best. All in all, this is what I would expect to find at a Motel 6 property for $49 per night.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Our TV did not work and maintenance couldn’t come up to check it out. Some Breakfast items ran out were not restocked; bagels, sausage, sweet rolls.

Location was ideal for my activities the next day. We did get a credit on our bill for the lack of a TV.

The noise. Not the hotels fault, but the other guests were constantly slamming doors or outside talking at all hours of the night.

Easily accessible. Included breakfast was a nice variety of items including hot items such as eggs, waffles, and sausages. Room was clean and comfortable; Included microwave and mini-fridge was a nice bonus.

Wayfinding signage is horrible, too small, arrows for odd rm #s should go up, not to left. very difficult to go and come from room to lobby, every corridor looks the same, not all stairs go to 1st floor. Odd/even room numbering should be consecutive. Exterior sign should be lit at night.

See above.

Room was dark. Carpets were soiled. We had to ask for replacement towels. Price was high; I'm sure because of spring training.

Breakfast was adequate. Pool and whirlpool were good.

The room was well worn. The toilet leaked. The WiFi wasn’t functional. The airport is far away, despite being called Quality Airport. Furthermore, the airport shuttle doesn’t run during the day so that you must take a cab to this dump.

A rundown motel at a moderate price

Our stay was fine, the check in was a mess as our reservation was not at the front desk and it took a longe time to settle after a long day of travel. Fortunately they had a room. Sound like you dropped the ball! Joi and Dan LaChaussee

All was Ok.

Worked out well for a hotel not too far from the airport.. Only there from midnight to 8AM therefore did not have a chance to discover all the features but the breakfast was very adequate and good selection.

Coffee pot in room didn't work, asked for another but didn't get it-even though I was staying 5 nights. I asked for a different room because the road noise was too loud, was told to check the next day. When I checked the next day, I was told nothing available. I asked again the next morning and was told to check back later, and again told not possible to move.

Bed was comfy. Breakfast was fairly good.

The facility was worn and tired looking....a facelift is needed....in addition, the internet did not work in the room.

Jacob and his assistant brought thus hotel to a higher standard than it really deserves....his consideration and efforts made up for what the facility itself lacked.

The employees at the front desk were very professional. Erin went above and beyond to check my friend and I in early and made our stay with the Quality Inn more comfortable.

Internet was very poor Room cards kept needing to be recharged Front desk staff could not tell me how to pick up messages off the room phone

Heated pool hot tub courtyard were all great

We got there and our room was dirty. There were hairs in the shower and sink. Our sheets smelled dirty and there were a couple of stains. One of the locks was broken and every time we tried to close the door the metal on it cracked a little bit.

The front desk staff was great! They were so welcoming, so polite, and so ready to help us with anything we needed. It was also nice having a free breakfast to wake up to every morning. Lovely view of the south side of Phoenix.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

It was rather noisy here. We could hear our neighbors next door at 4 am. There was a lot of noise of other guests, yelling and talking loudly as they walked by at strange hours.

Bed was comfortable, room was reasonably clean

The computer system was down and it took over 40 minutes to get assigned a room. The staff was very patient however.

The beds were great!! The front desk staff were really nice and patient even though they were having computer problems.

I was on the fourth floor and I went to get ice, which was a ways away, and it said the machine was out of order. I had to go to the 2nd floor to finally find an ice machine that worked.

The breakfast was absolutely wonderful!!

The bathroom was configured in an odd way - it would have been better to be able to shower and get ready at the sink with out waking everyone up

The bed was comfortable and I liked the pillows

to place soap or shampooThe shower curtain hung over the lip of the shower and filled the small area with water. There was no provision in the shower

The airport shuttle.

The bathroom shower wasn't as clean as I would like. Small towels only at the pool.

the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Very helpful that they provided a computer and printer in the lobby to use! The airport shuttle was a good bonus too!

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The pool area was less than inviting. There wasn't enough chairs and loungers for the amount of people at the hotel. The cushions on the chairs were old and worn out. Some of the chairs looked broken. Although we did like the hotel we would not book there again in the future. We went to relax and enjoy the Arizona sun but we were disappointed.

The customer service was excellent. Both the check in and any issues we had were taken care of quickly.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

-should have a shower place near the pool as lots of guests went into the pool after sitting in the sun and covered in lotion.

-freindly staff -quiet rooms -nice pool and hot tub

The bathroom was small and felt enclosed with low-ceilings. We were on the 1st floor and it can be noisy due to its proximity to highways.

Free hot breakfast in the morning was great- with eggs, sausage, and waffles. Additionally, the room itself was clean and well-equipped with outlets. Did not use the pool, but it is a nice addition.

Unfortunately, we had a room that was directly below what we believe was a noisy air-conditioning unit on the roof.

Newly renovated, clean room, comfort, nice pool area.

Nothing... enjoyed my stay!

Hotel is so easy to find right off the free way. Location was excellent with plenty of shopping and eating establishments across street and straight. Across the freeway. Staff was friendly and helpful. Full breakfast was really excellent...eggs, sausage, danish, drinks, yougurt, toast , etc. great value! I had reservations for 2 nights, had to check out early next morning cutting my stay short and few days later received e-mail I Had been credited for that extra day! Will def stay here again!!

Filthy carpet, poor air conditioning. Location ("Airport" motel) was 25 minutes away using any normal route except at midnight maybe. Very old property, not kept up. Other visitor's arguing in parking lot at midnight, smokers at 2:00 am, and car alarm at 4:30 rounded up the night.

The shower was great.

Door was not airtight from the wind and bad noise isolation in the room in general. Was a little worn and could have been better but for the price, I mean, you cannot get everything. It was still better than what I expected for that price. Worst was clearly the door.

Breakfast, the pool was open in Jan and while Sheratons had to be used for a day, this place had most of their stuff in order. Nice staff, good parking. Comfy bed.

Pool was down while there but Sheratons was available as replacement so all good. Room was badly lit and had a door that the wind came through as well as noise from the parking lot, but in general it was an alright room. Not completely clean, but not bad. Breakfast was basic but there and plentiful for the price.

For a cheap motel, it was great. Great location for me, near the Bondurant racing school. Value for money was EXCELLENT. Been to far worse places in the US and paid the same or more.

The heated pool wasn’t heated for some reason. Another guest informed us that some component was malfunctioning.

Nice variety of breakfast choices. Room was very clean and beds were very comfortable. View from the 4th floor balcony was beautiful.

Could have used a few more tables and chairs for breakfast. It was a little chilly outside. Also another toaster would be appreciated.

Staff was friendly and anxious to answer questions. Very clean - housekeeper was agreeable to leave clean towels and to come back later after we had left. Smiled and wished us a good day. Good small breakfast rolls!

House keeping did not come and clean our rooms, even when we requested it. They came in and took out one trash bag, and no, not even the one in the restroom. We ended up changing the trash ourselves, and having to put them to the side inside our room. Basically you can imagine a room with three woman for three nights without any “housekeeping”.

The bed was clean and smelled nice the first day.

Floors were disgusting and need to be cleaned. Spots or stains on the drapes, door, light switch, and comforter cover. The toilet seat should be replaced for a cleaner appearance.

Browse Quality Inn Phoenix Airport traveller photo gallery