Reviews of Casa Faena Miami Beach 4 stars

3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA

#94 of 416 hotels in Miami Beach

The hotel staff made the stay TOP NOTCH!!
    • Casa Queen

Facilities... even if we were allowed the use of the gym at their big sister hotel, we did not get pool access. While looking at the pics I thought that a pool and gym was at the property...

Their staff!! from the front desk to the guest services manager and the restaurant staff was top notch!! It made the stay terrific!!!

Basic, inattentive service, beach service is also weak, lacks polish. Good location
    • Casa Double Double

Nobody was there to greet me on arrival, no assistance with luggage. I was offered a welcome drink, I accepted but it didn't arrive. The rooms had insufficient hangers and no waste paper bin in the main room, no turndown service and lack of attention to detail with the housekeeping. No wifi on the beach.

The breakfast was good, but the staff seemed very badly trained and considering it was Miami Swim week it should have been slick and seamless.

A charming hotel with much potential to be a jewel.
    • Casa King

Consistency of cleaning (towels not always replaced, light bulbs in public areas not changed, needs TLC from management to maintenance). Needs training of servers - they were most charming but not very knowledgeable.

Arrived very late and was checked in very efficiently by Night Auditor. Not much information available. about surroundings or on-site facilities. Excellent beds and lovely decor - great feel !

SouthBeach Collins Hotel
    • Casa Queen

The bathroom was old, rusty and very loud. The toilet made loud “water running”sounds thought the nights. I stayed there 4 nights, not very pleasant. The bed was not comfortable.

The property is located across the beach. The restaurant at this facility serves decent food. Customer service is the strongest asset this property has.

Beautiful hotel and great customer service!
    • Casa Double Double

The tub in the shower was clogged and there was a lot of rust inside the shower as well. The toilet and bathroom sink were always running which made flushing the toilet tasking. I understand the vibe and aesthetic of the hotel is quaint and cozy which it was! However, I think there needed to be more maintenance within the bathroom.

Beautiful hotel and great customer service!

Nice place to stay but could do with some improvement.
    • Casa Queen

The wifi wasn't working in the rooms for the three days we were there. It was frustrating having to go to the lobby every time we needed to check emails or send a text (we didn't have roaming data). The property could also probably do with a lick of paint in the rooms.

The location is great and the building is really beautiful and stylishly decorated. The beds are comfy and food was nice. The library area is really nice.

Bed was comfortable;
    • Casa Queen

Bathroom old style (rough); there were not enough blackout windows; just one elevator; WiFi don’t work in the room (shame!).

Bed was comfortable; beach amenities were very good; some staff were very nice, some other didn’t even help with our bags.

I liked the style, but I liked most the courtesy, the...
    • Casa Double Double

The bathrooms needs to be updated.

I liked the style, but I liked most the courtesy, the Kindness, the good disposition of the staff to resolve situations if necessary. CONGRATULATIONS! You were AWSOME !

Perfect stop-over for us
    • Casa Queen

Restaurant service could be more proactive. Service was slow, friendly staff could offer coffee refills or water before requested. Not a angry criticism just a suggestion.

Cute, relaxing, and charming smaller hotel in a sea of giant resorts.
    • Casa Queen

It was a little confusing figuring out what amenities we could use at Faena, Casa Faena's larger, more fancy sister hotel. Despite being told that we had access to Faena's beachfront (they own the strip between the two hotels), we really had access to the beachfront in front of Casa Faena. No problem -- still had the same view and great time on the beach, only Casa Faena's beach chair and umbrella service started later than Faena's (so if you plan on going down to lay out before 10 am, bring your own towel.)

Cute and charming hotel with a bread and breakfast feel (depending on the package you book, breakfast may be included -- if not, that's ok, the small restaurant downstairs is a hidden gem!) Very friendly staff all around (front staff and room service) -- loved that they were all personable and friendly, adding to our enjoyable stay.

Ok-ish or even great for the price paid
    • Casa Queen

Poor cleaning, dirty bathroom and awful breakfast service. Pro tip: avoid room 42 - it has awful squeak sound that appears in the night

Close to the beach, nice staff.

super friendly staff
    • Casa Queen

rooms are not as fancy decorated as in the pictures (but still super clean), bathrooms bit old and mouldy shower curtain, quite noisy because of the street

good Location, nice beach service, super friendly staff, valet parking

A good hotel for the $100 range but definitely not up to the standards of a luxury hotel.
    • Casa King

The rooms were not up to the standards of a hotel of this cost. The valet guy spilled coffee inside the car and didn’t bother to clean it up or even say anything. It was our anniversary and we had asked for something nice to celebrate. Not even a mint on the pillow. Come on guys, just a little effort here.

The library/public area was amazing! The complimentary champagne was a nice touch as well.

Won’t book here again
    • Casa Queen

The bathroom was very old and icky. No iron in the room. I booked a queen room and was givin a double bed room. Offered a welcome cocktail and the front desk never followed thru with that. Chair and bedding was stained. Room was not comfy or clean at all. Coffee machine didn’t work in the room

The decor of the building was very appeasing

Super relaxed and friendly, steps to the beach.
    • Casa Queen

It's a great place really. I've stayed in much more expensive hotels on the beach but I felt more relaxed and at home here. The staff is great. Not sure how to say this but maybe leave any American preconceptions at the door.

I definitely would stay here again!
    • Casa King

The lighting in the room was dim, and there was only a window and a couple of lamps. One of the waiters in the restaurant was new and didn't know what was what and was not very friendly. Most of the food was good, but I did order a fruit plate that was not ripe so I sent it back, and they were OK with that. I didn't know anything about "genius perks"???

It was a comfortable room, quiet and restful, with a very comfortable bed. The hotel had character, interesting decor. The restaurant was good, and the "library" was beautiful to hang out in. Most of the restaurant and hotel staff was very friendly and sweet. The room price for this time of year was reasonable, considering how expensive Miami Beach can be.

Overall it was a good stay.
    • Casa Double Double

Slightly noisy at night from guests above us. Not sure about the value for money compared to other high end hotels we had previously stayed at in South Beach.

The front desk was helpful in checking us in and getting our room ready early, which was great. Adrian was great and even booked a shuttle for us to Orlando for the next morning. Very good service.

A dream come true
    • Casa Queen

Upon my check-in, I was unfortunate to have an impolite staff member check me into my room. I had called prior to my booking confirmation and asked if there would be a problem sharing a Queen Size Bed with my sister and niece and I was told that would not be a problem. Upon my arrival, the staff member made it a point that it wouldn't be comfortable and had a condescending tone while talking to me. It did not make me feel welcome and it was unfortunate to have this as my first impression.

The interior decor of the courtyard area was absolutely beautiful. I loved the seating available to the guests. I was able to fully enjoy this space and take a bit to look through their library. The staff member who checked us out of the room was very attentive and polite. It was quite a difference from the staff member who had checked me in the day prior.

The library lounge area was very nice.
    • Casa King

The room was fairly basic and the bathroom quite poor. Taking into account the ambience they try to create the room should be 3/4 star and the bathroom 2/3 star. Bathrooms in hotels are quite important and can only take so much touching up. Stains around plugs and grouting are a bit off putting. Balcony remained flooded our whole stay. It is too small to use so not an issue. The photos on booking.com did. Not reflect our room/bathroom. No rugs etc they appear to have been taken when Hotel was either new or has been designer dressed for photo shoot. We found the resort charge surprising since we did not find any resort facilities and were not told of any. We are aware this is a charge in USA hotels, we had been in us a month but the others had extras available above what you would expect of a hotel for a basic stay. Eg pool etc. That said our stay was pleasant.

The library lounge area was very nice. The food was very good. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The bed was quite comfortable

Great Location but uncomfortable room with no beach service no restaurant and no facilities
    • Casa Queen

No facilities or food available, no beach service, thin walls, no blackout curtains, uncomfortable bed, rude receptionist

Great central location and one block from the beach.

It's an okay place to stay, just not worth the cost.
    • Casa Queen

Mistook Casa Faena for Faena Hotel and one should note that the differences are great. The value for the money isn't there. You can get just as good for less pretentiousness. The building is old and updates are a work in process. The front desk team falls short of living up to the 'boutique' hotel posturing.

The food is good and there are a few good employees such as Eric the bartender.

Arriving on a flight from Europe it was for us just the perfect place to relax !
    • Casa Queen

That we could only stay 1 night.........!!!!!

Beautiful historic building, very friendly receptionist, who offered us a glass of champagne as welcome drink. Amazing courtyard as lounge area. Only one block from the beach.

Wonderful mid-beach boutique hotel with best staff!
    • Casa Queen

What a wonderful experience. Beautiful interiors, fabulous location, superb food, and the best staff ever! A special shout out to the Manager Armando, such a lovely and professional guy with incredible hospitality. Thank you for everything and I will definitely be back!

Perfect boutique hotel for a few nights
    • Casa Queen

There's no privacy in the room. You can hear people talking behind the door which combines 2 different rooms. Also you can hear housekeepers cleaning the rooms early in the morning. So if you plan to sleep a little late - forget it. Sink in the room instead of a bathroom, very uncomfortable

Staff is great! Very helpful and attentive Great bar and a restaurant on site with delicious food. Also great to have sunbed with umbrellas provided on the beach.

Nice stay in Mid Beach
    • Casa Queen

We booked this hotel in boutique style to get the feeling of the classy, arty Miami and pictures from the public areas were very promising, but we were a bit disappointed when seeing it live. The athmosphere was not as expected. The room was quite small and the bathroom was ok, but a little odd that the sink was outside of it.

We arrived late and staff was very friendly and helpful upon check in. The beach was wonderful and staff there very nice!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Position mainly
    • Casa Queen

Plumbing was old . could be updated Lift ... one was old .. The hotel practice regarding reserve of cash on Credit card was deplorable They had a hold on our funds and even after I had paid the account in full ( Paid in Cash and debit card ) on checkout they insisted on holding a reserve on two other cards for the total amount of our stay They refused to release the funds and it took app seven (7) days to have the funds released Very bad especially if you are requiring same Credit card funds for the balance of your holiday I believe that they should NOT have held such reserve, after all the account was fully paid !! I would not book this hotel again Our travelling companions who I booked for with my own booking were overcharged as the hotel did not apply the booking.com rates for them rather some best of Day rate The error was corrected but I understand the refund / credit was a long time(seven / Eight Days from memory) in coming through The treatment of reserve on credit cards was NOT REASONABLE and I suggest that a thorough examination of this Hotel hold/reserve on credit cards be investigated The manager even suggested that I contact my bank and have the hotel reserve released !!! I was NOT able to do that , it was up to the hotel The hotel caused the problem not me

Position mainly OK but old

Great short stay in Mid-Beach Miami
    • Casa Queen

The same day I arrived I went to the beach thinking I was going to the Faena Beach - but alas I was told to go to the Casa Faena beach which was my intention only there were no signs and no instruction on how to get there since it was a big construction site between Casa Faena and the beach! Clearly there is a separation between the two hotels even thought they are sister hotels. Casa Faena beach was fine and we had the same beach chairs and parasols some with fringes but no food and beverage service. It's a plus though that the the umbrella and beach lounges were comped. I went to The Living Room to see a Cuban Band play at the main Faena Hotel and I was not able too put the bill on my room at Casa Faena.

The staff was very warm and friendly starting from the bell person who greeted me and helped me with my suitcase. Then there was the lovely lady at reception when I arrived who kindly gave me a room when I said I just came from a red eye flight and needed rest (since I didn't get to sleep on the flight over). The night manager and the hotel Manager Armando were both friendly and professional as well. I enjoyed talking to them both. They also printed my ticket to Rapture Music Festival and helped me with a repeat booking that I ended up cancelling without penalty. My room on the main floor adjacent to the library that I suppose is usually reserved for physically challenged person perhaps since the doors and hallway were wider plus the shower stall was also bigger and there was a long handle bar - which I didn't mind at all. The king bed was super comfy and I slept like a baby until about noon the next day (which was only 9 a.m. California time anyway) and they let me check out at 2 p.m., another plus however that was perk for being a Booking.com Genius member.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Sweet stay at Casa Faena
    • Ocean California King

Bed was very comfortable; housekeeping kept the room quite clean; room was spacious; staff was always super helpful and I really loved the ambiance of the building itself.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Not to be confused with Faena
    • Casa Double Double

First off, this is an entirely separate property than the Faena but owned by the same company. Both hotels are on the same website and it's unclear that they are two different properties in Two different locations. The Faena is huge and breathtaking with lots of amenities. Casa Faena is a small boutique hotel down the street. There is no gym, no pool, one elevator and a small roof deck that overlooks construction. They don't let you use the pool at the Faena. It's definitely no frills at casa faena which explains the price (I thought I was getting an extremely good deal for the Faena) but I would not pay that much to stay there again.

Decor was lovely. Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Staff treats you like Royalty
    • Casa King

Door to room wasn't sealed very well so any and all noise from the hall and open area just rolls on in. Building out our window was lit up all night and the curtains were far from adequate to keep the light out, so if you need dark to sleep, this was not the room. They stocked the bar in the room nicely however bring your own bottle opener if you want the beer. And don't forget to bring the bath towels in with you from the bedroom to take a shower, none in the bathroom.

Staff as amazing, they really go all out to help you.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

We liked the common area with sofas and candles at night.
    • Casa Double Double

The walls were so thin we could distinctly hear the words of the conversations of our neighbors. We were surprised by the bar tab - we were not aware that they itemized the drink, for example a gin & tonic was $12 for the gin, $2 for the tonic, $3 service fee, tax, and 18% tip (on top of service fee). Go with the happy hour specials!

We liked the common area with sofas and candles at night. The bartender was great and we really enjoyed talking with him.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Liked the Spanish style charm.
    • Casa King

Parking is limited. The valet works out of the sister property a block away.

Liked the Spanish style charm. The room was well appointed and four poster bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Excellent service!
    • Casa King

Excellent service! My husband and I were extremely pleased with the service and cleaness at Casa Faena. The staff was friendly, caring, and pleasant; Adrian was very kind and made our stay feel super special. Overall, great experience!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Hotel right out of a charming old movie!
    • Casa Double Double

Bathroom in room had seen its better day but was clean!

The decor of this small boutique hotel was super! Rose colored velvet sofa with orchids in the sitting area was like out of a magazine. Delicious restaurant just off the lobby. Adrian at the desk printed my boarding pass and had it waiting for me. The private beach across the street had adorable red and white umbrellas and cushions. Everything was like it was out of a 1940's movie. Yamile was so helpful and friendly from the minute we arrived until the minute we left!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Way overpriced for what it is.
    • Casa Double Double

Rooms were not as nice as seen on the pictures

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Very nice place in old style.
    • Casa Queen

A lot of noice from the street in the night time.

Very nice place in old style. Nice library. Super beach, with free sun bed's.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Absolutely amazing on every level!
    • Casa Queen

Absolutely amazing on every level! Fantastic team! Can’t wait to be back!!!!!

Estefanía was really great, always helpful and full of great...
    • Casa Queen

Estefanía was really great, always helpful and full of great advice!

the place

the place

Charming lobby, nice art.
    • Casa Double Double

Charming lobby, nice art. Good restaurant. Good location. Friendly. Simple but clean rooms. Nice beach location.

Amazingly fun
    • Casa Queen

Staff was very nice friendly n very helpful. Incredible location. Great restaurants. overall it experience was really nice.

Decor and vibe were excellent.
    • Casa Double Double

Decor and vibe were excellent. Comfy beds!

Awesome staff!
    • Casa Queen

Visitors should be able to use the pool at Faena main hotel.

Awesome staff!

The hotel was very loud!

The hotel was loud

The hotel was very loud!

left a pair of shoes in the room and were never found.
    • Casa Queen

left a pair of shoes in the room and were never found.

Floors weren't vacuumed/swept.
    • Casa Double Double

Floors weren't vacuumed/swept. All the taps in the washroom (sink taps and shower tap) were broken. Room was very dark - limited lighting.

Lovely atmosphere, nice rooms, super lobby and lounge, great...
    • Casa Queen

Just the view from my room.

Lovely atmosphere, nice rooms, super lobby and lounge, great food, and top level staff!

Everything was perfect

Everything was perfect

Good place to stay at!
    • Casa King

In general, it's a good hotel with a great interior design. Feels very comfortable to be here! I absolutely liked it for a short term stay.

The ocean ion front of the place.
    • Casa King

Noisy at nite cars horns

The ocean ion front of the place.

Perfect little hotel!
    • Casa Double Double

Staff, location, the smell, design, flakey croissants, great coffee. Will definitely come back

Location, staff, chic design, the smell!
    • Casa Queen

Location, staff, chic design, the smell!

A Nice place to rest

Nice old fashion hotel

Great stuff very helpful no parking only payment park

Great stuff very helpful no parking only payment park

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Cool 1920's Spanish hotel. Unique place to stay at. Beds are comfy. Beach is real close.

Need a pool.

Nice older spanish hotel. Very nice and cool architecture. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The lounge area was amazing.
    • Casa Queen

The lounge area was amazing. Lots of couches and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Highly recommended beautiful place
    • King Studio Suite

Bed little noisy

Design, rooftop views, amazing breakfasts

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Great hotel
    • Casa Double Double

Elevator and common areas could use a little tlc or coat of paint

The room were great! The most comfortable beds!!!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Service is exceptional and close to Faena and beach!
    • Casa Double Double

Service is exceptional and close to Faena and beach!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

The perfect view from the balcony and the location.
    • Ocean California King

The perfect view from the balcony and the location.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Casa Faena
    • Queen Studio Suite

Very attentive staff. Super nice and clean room, exceptional service. No negative remarks at all

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

cool hip hotel
    • Casa Double Double

a bit dilapidated, but cute.

Great location and value for money

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Great location! I will definitely recommend it.
    • Casa Queen

Te sientes como en casa. Adore!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Outstanding Staff, including Adrian.

Not the hotel's fault, but all of Miami Beach is a challenge to find reasonable parking, including hotels. Staff tries to stay informed of all nearby parkinf options and prices to help guests have more choices than pricey valet service.

Outstanding Staff, including Adrian. Clean, stylish and comfortable property. Enjoyed decor and good wifi. Good deal for this area.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

I stayed here on May 7&8 this hotel charges 55dollars a...

The parking ,the food expensive room service very poor thin walls I could hear my next room occupants arguing

I stayed here on May 7&8 this hotel charges 55dollars a day for parking at which the Ritz Carlton don't even charge that food is a rip off at this hotel 8 dollars for just one corona it was a hassle to stay here not worth it there is also no pool I was very disappointed I will never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

Charming, artsy, immaculate boutique hotel with superb...

In order to turn on the one bathroom light, the fan also automatically runs and it is noisy. The new owner is upgrading these little details and I expect this will be improved judging form what has been done already.

Charming, artsy, immaculate boutique hotel with superb hospitality! All staff very kind, personal, and seem to anticipate our needs. The staff truly seems to work as a team to deliver an unusual level of service. Room bright, airy, with a beautiful view of the ocean. Lovely beach just across the way. Special thanks to Adrian, Jerry, Silvia, and manager Ismaray who all helped to make this a memorable visit!

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

I loved the vibe of the place- very warm and welcoming,...

the Faena district is still under construction so there was noise at random times during my stay.

I loved the vibe of the place- very warm and welcoming, casual but very good looking. The beds are comfortable - the WIFI good and the food from the restaurant is tasty.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Charming older hotel.

Parking difficult as meter needs fed every three hours right up to 3am! So have to use expensive jockey parking.

Charming older hotel. Very good food and excellent friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating.

We had a tricky faucet in the bathroom of the first room assigned, but were given an equal room with no problems immediately upon request.

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The in-house restaurant was attractive and served tasty food. The decor, particularly the downstairs common areas, was beautiful. Access to the Faena Beach Club was unparalleled!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Charming, lots of character.

nothing, except occasional noise in the early morning from the adjacent property construction work, but that is temporary.

Charming, lots of character. Even the elevator entertains. Very interesting and original dishes, especially the 4-7pm appetizers. Breakfast too - nothing run-of-the-mill. All the staff, without exception, friendly, helpful and professional.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Excellent stay.

Excellent stay. Pleasant staff, very accommodating. Beautiful lobby and rooms. Peaceful, quiet. Like stepping back into the 1930's, relaxing. Nice beach across the street. Short cab ride to South Beach or Lincoln Blvd Mall if interested.Would stay there again in a second.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The hotel has interesting décor and a unique feel and...

Unfortunately there is construction everywhere around the hotel so there is no real beach vibe at all even though the beach is a block away. The room was a bit spare - nothing on the walls and no rug on the floor - just tile. Bathroom dated but clean.

The hotel has interesting décor and a unique feel and everyone is very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. Great food in restaurant.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Good location away from the noise of Miami and close to the...

Building work in close proximity.

Good location away from the noise of Miami and close to the beach. Very friendly and helpful..Hop on Hop off tour buss stop across the street.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

The staff were excellent, very polite and helpful.

Location was just out of the south beach walking distance where the main restaurants and bars were but excellent for Miami beach area

The staff were excellent, very polite and helpful. The restaurant food was excellent and would recommend the smoked salmon starter, but all the food was to a good standard

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Casa Faena Miami Beach traveller photo gallery